Whats the hottest Anime now?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
mysggirls.com

Whats the hottest Anime now?

Post by mysggirls.com » Nov 12th, '07, 16:46

may i ask whats the hotest anime now? i just finish watching Naruto!

KuroRyu

Post by KuroRyu » Nov 12th, '07, 17:54

try bleach, one piece or the recently finished death note. All very good!

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Nov 12th, '07, 18:02

I concur, bleach is pretty awesome.

Prophezy

Post by Prophezy » Nov 12th, '07, 18:04

Well it depends on what genre you ask for.

But here is some...

Action = Claymore, Fate Stay Night, Souten No Ken, Night Wizard
Action comedy = Naruto, Bleach
Adventure = The spirit of eternity sword
Thriller action= Death Note, Noen

And so on....

pigsy

Post by pigsy » Nov 12th, '07, 22:57

i still watch doraemon lol

risjenny

Post by risjenny » Nov 12th, '07, 23:04

i think naruto had hit europe pretty hard...ALL the guys i know here watches it...

m1tch13

Post by m1tch13 » Nov 16th, '07, 17:57

Claymore
is hella good. Made me miss my CPD class. Lol.
Even if you're not into thriller/action genres, I'm positive you'll end up watching this non-stop to the last episode :D

darksage78

Post by darksage78 » Nov 18th, '07, 12:30

You should definitely give Code Geass a shot, a pseudo combination of Gundam and Death Note. Very good plotline and character development, second season hits next year. The character designs are done by CLAMP and the production is done by Sunrise.

Other suggestions would be Baccano, very cool story and loaded with action. Deals with alchemy, immortals, and is set in the past.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Whats the hottest Anime now?

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 18th, '07, 12:41

mysggirls.com wrote:may i ask whats the hotest anime now? i just finish watching Naruto!
I'd like to change the question a little, populair shoujo anime?
Please, include what gener the anime is when replying.

YaGaMi82

Post by YaGaMi82 » Nov 21st, '07, 03:01

m1tch13 wrote:Claymore
is hella good. Made me miss my CPD class. Lol.
Even if you're not into thriller/action genres, I'm positive you'll end up watching this non-stop to the last episode :D
I second everything in this post! Once you start you can't stop. My fave anime of 2007.

If you like Naruto watch the King of Shounen anime: Hunter X Hunter. Naruto borrows alot from it and I feel is nowhere near as good as Hunter X Hunter.
Last edited by YaGaMi82 on Nov 21st, '07, 03:27, edited 1 time in total.

Namida Iro

Post by Namida Iro » Nov 21st, '07, 03:25

I suggest D.Gray-Man. :thumleft:

And I'm second-ing Code Geass, Bleach and Claymore (I haven't watched Claymore yet but my friend is really asking me to watch that. It should be pretty good.). ^O^

darksage78

Post by darksage78 » Nov 27th, '07, 11:30

Oh and you definitely must watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, done by GAINAX(same guys who animated EVA and FLCL, same director for FLCL) Its pure win and after watching 18 eps over the last week I can finally justify all the hype for it. If you want I can put up screenshots from Code Geass and Gurren Lagann if you want ^__^

emrams

Post by emrams » Nov 30th, '07, 17:42

Popular Shoujo: NANA

period. it's my fav. :)

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 24th, '07, 09:44

emrams wrote:Popular Shoujo: NANA

period. it's my fav. :)
yup me too, love it :cheers:

and currently watching bleach. i recommend both nana and bleach

sukoon

Post by sukoon » Dec 24th, '07, 21:40

hmmm interesting question

so u watched naruto and liked it...
so i guess the next will suit u:
> Bleach
> Death Note
> Mushi-shi

I wonder if u watched these, kind of old but good anime
> Full Metal Panic
> Ouran High school Host Club
> samurai champloo

Claymore... I heard alot of positive feedback about it
I guess I'll try it myself

Noale

Post by Noale » Dec 27th, '07, 10:08

The only animes I truly liked were Nana and Death Note. I tried watching Bleach and some other animes, but I thought they were overestimated. Another anime I liked, which I'm not sure most of you know, is Super Gals :mrgreen: That is so incredibely funny! I think it's available on youtube..

skachild

Post by skachild » Dec 27th, '07, 11:17

Gundam00 anybody..?? :mrgreen:

nankasento

Post by nankasento » May 5th, '08, 03:01

Naruto isn't finished yet, so I doubt you finished the anime.

If you enjoyed naruto so far then Death Note, Bleach and One Piece should also be to your liking.

I recommand The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the animation in that series is awesome however if you enjoyed the fillers in the Naruto series I recommand watching Lucky Star but if you really enjoy anime watch everything you can get your hands on, that's what I do.

xbatio66

Post by xbatio66 » May 5th, '08, 03:18

CLAYMORE CLAYMORE CLAYMORE CLAYMORE!!!

i like it more than deathnote and i don't know why...but i love deathnote too....

FBPPrelude

Post by FBPPrelude » May 5th, '08, 03:27

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann = my favorite anime so far. Every episode gets better and better.

Check out myanimelist.net for a list of animes to watch. It has info on basically all anime that is out there and what fansubs are subbing them.

nek

Post by nek » May 5th, '08, 04:02

claymore
naruto
bleach
soul eater

groink

Post by groink » May 5th, '08, 04:11

Easy question to answer... Whatever series Crunchyroll users are whining about because of its removal, THAT'S what is hot right now. For example:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1 ... ENSED.html

I laugh my fricking ass off every time I read these CR topics.

--- groink

Asperitas

Post by Asperitas » May 5th, '08, 05:31

Naruto isn't finished, so you can't be finished watching it either :P

Anyway Naruto has become internationally acknowledged and just about the whole world watches it. Just like DBZ in the past. So the answer to your question would definetly be Naruto.

2nd place would be Bleach since well it has become very popular too.

I personally like the classics Rurouni Kenshin and Fullmetal Alchemist and Elfen Lied very much

nankasento

Post by nankasento » May 5th, '08, 22:09

It might be your definition of classics but I wouldn't consider Elfen Lied a classic, Kenshin and FMA I could be convinced off but Elfen Lied absolutely not.
Akira, GitS, Mononoke-hime and Urotsukidoji are classics, if Elfen Lied is a classic then so would Star Blazers, although old I wouldn't consider it a classic.

nankasento

Post by nankasento » May 5th, '08, 22:13

Noale wrote:The only animes I truly liked were Nana and Death Note. I tried watching Bleach and some other animes, but I thought they were overestimated. Another anime I liked, which I'm not sure most of you know, is Super Gals :mrgreen: That is so incredibely funny! I think it's available on youtube..
I suggest you have a look at Paradise Kiss (Fashion) and Beck: Mongolion Chop Squad (Music), they are on the same line as Nana.

First Class Wota

Post by First Class Wota » May 5th, '08, 22:38

You liked Naruto................................................................................... Stop watching anime.

Frendyonline

Post by Frendyonline » May 6th, '08, 00:27

BLASSREITER is worth checking out!!!

Trisix

Post by Trisix » May 6th, '08, 01:17

There's this very nice anime I am going gaga on, Vampire Knight. I think the story is Love imo.

Next, I'm watching Special A too. Reminds me a little of Ouran High School Club Host. Hehe.

nankasento

Post by nankasento » May 6th, '08, 21:15

First Class Wota wrote:You liked Naruto................................................................................... Stop watching anime.
I disagree, if they can handle Naruto they sure as hell can enjoy some fine arts.

First Class Wota

Post by First Class Wota » May 6th, '08, 21:45

nankasento wrote:
First Class Wota wrote:You liked Naruto................................................................................... Stop watching anime.
I disagree, if they can handle Naruto they sure as hell can enjoy some fine arts.
Was this a joke??? If you like Naruto, you probably haven't seen any good real anime that isn't dubbed. As for ninja animes there is a new one this season called Nabari no Ou it is being subbed and is subbed up to ep 4. It's good, so go check it out. There are a ton of awesome anime out this season to choose from. Druaga, Vampire Knight, Special A, Kanokon (Heavy Fanservice), ToLOVEru (Fanservice), Kamen no Maid Guy, Macross Frontier, Kurenai, Monochrome Factor, Golgo 13, Real Drive, The Daughter of Twenty Faces, Zettai Karen Children, Amatsuki, Himitsu, Junjou Romantica (Yaoi). And much more. Leave all those americanized animes in the dust.

EniramNocer

Post by EniramNocer » May 7th, '08, 03:40

First Class Wota wrote:Was this a joke??? If you like Naruto, you probably haven't seen any good real anime that isn't dubbed.
Oh please. There's nothing wrong with Naruto. It's a good anime, but I DO, however, agree with your assessment of the English version. GAWD! Do we American's have to fuckin kill every anime that comes Stateside with cheesy voice acting?? "BELIEVE IT!!" Argh! Makes me want to choke someone every time I hear it.

Although, I have to say DBZ dubbing was excellent. That was some grade-A casting right there.

The ones I'm watching now are Bleach, Naruto Shippuuden, Macross Frontier and the Twelve Kingdoms (which is old, but I just picked up on it).

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 8th, '08, 00:11

claymore.....deathnote....elfen lied....vampire knight....the best ever imo......

Kat3

Post by Kat3 » May 8th, '08, 00:38

The hottest anime to me at the moment has to be Code Geass Rebellion R2 and Vampire Knight. Code Geass leaves me wanting for more at the end of every epi XDXD

nankasento

Post by nankasento » May 8th, '08, 01:23

EniramNocer wrote: Oh please. There's nothing wrong with Naruto. It's a good anime, but I DO, however, agree with your assessment of the English version. GAWD! Do we American's have to fuckin kill every anime that comes Stateside with cheesy voice acting?? "BELIEVE IT!!" Argh! Makes me want to choke someone every time I hear it.

Although, I have to say DBZ dubbing was excellent. That was some grade-A casting right there.

The ones I'm watching now are Bleach, Naruto Shippuuden, Macross Frontier and the Twelve Kingdoms (which is old, but I just picked up on it).
I don't watch dubbed versions if I have a choice, my first anime was a subbed one on videotape and I like my art in their original state.

DBZ had multiple English dubbed versions, which one are we talking about?
I was lucky enough to haven only seen a few dubbed DBZ and I found the Canadian version less annoying to the ears, lol.

honeatcha

Post by honeatcha » May 8th, '08, 02:12

I am currently watching and enjoying these anime series right now:

Vampire Knight :genre - supernatural, bishounen, romance. I think the manga is better but I can't resist Mamoru Miyano (seiyuu for Zero Kiryuu, he's also the seiyuu for Light Yagami for those who watch Death Note). Love the OP as well!!!

Soul Eater : genre - shounen, supernatural, comedy. 2 thumbs up! Hilarious but Maka's voice sounds a bit stiff.. My fav character is Death the Kid (again, Mamoru Miyano is the seiyuu!! :wub: )

Itazura na Kiss : genre - shoujo, comedy, romance, slice of life. For those who have read the manga, watched the live action drama, this time around they produced the anime. Pretty late isn't it? Watch it if you're into romance/shoujo. Shounen stay away! :lol (The OP and ED are great too!)

Special A : genre - comedy, romance, high school. Average high school comedy with a bit of romance too. But the plot is kinda predictable even if you don't read the manga.

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » May 8th, '08, 02:48

honeatcha wrote:Vampire Knight :genre - supernatural, bishounen, romance. I think the manga is better but I can't resist Mamoru Miyano (seiyuu for Zero Kiryuu, he's also the seiyuu for Light Yagami for those who watch Death Note). Love the OP as well!!!
EXACTLY THE SAME REASON AS ME! :cheers:

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » May 8th, '08, 02:49

Hmm this thread was started last November so this is probably outdated but I'll post anyway.

About anime that is hot NOW, I'd suggest the ones I'm following:

The Tower of Druaga -Aegis of Uruk-
Amatsuki

They're both currently airing in Japan and are still below 10 episodes, so there's not that much to catch up on if you start watching now. To watch online, Crunchyroll has them subbed.
Druaga is supposedly a remake of a popular Japanese console RPG (which I haven't played) and I love the sense of humour in the scenes that serve as some sort of a parody of the game (in the 1st episode anyway).
Amatsuki is about two modern-day high school boys who get thrown back through time into the historical eras and there are demons, etc. Pretty typical I know, you'd have to watch it to enjoy it I guess, because I'm only giving the gyst of the anime. xD

I'm also watching another anime now that isn't new but it's amazing. The story, graphics, music, everything. Kanon 2006. Of the shoujo genre, and resonates a little of Love HIna, minus the crazy craziness. It's something like AIR TV (from the same studio, Key) but the story is more digestible.

NANA was suggested, and yeah the story is great! xDD But I prefer the manga much more to the anime.

vicky20

Post by vicky20 » May 8th, '08, 20:01

None can match Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon but Death Note is very good i like it immensely. I don't like Naruto at all and yes your right the english voice actors should be hanged, burned or just fired. They suck because they don't take take it seriously, its like they are ashamed of doing it(idiots). Anyway no matter what or who, japanese voice-actors can not be matched, they're unique and unparalleled. They are the best there is. They are God of the of the anime and voice-acting(the ultimate, the supreme, the divine). Sorry for this rising into Heaven thing but i cant stand seeing anime in any other language than the original. :P silly me.
Last edited by vicky20 on May 11th, '08, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » May 8th, '08, 20:28

bleach, death note, code geass

vicky20

Post by vicky20 » May 8th, '08, 20:38

Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo
Last edited by vicky20 on May 11th, '08, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

groink

Re: Answer?

Post by groink » May 8th, '08, 20:57

vicky20 wrote:So can i advertise on this topic or not? No one answered, is that an yes you can do what you wish? :mrgreen: :whistling: ????
No advertising is allowed. If you want to sell something, go to animesuki or elsewhere.

--- groink

cacharel*

Post by cacharel* » May 13th, '08, 06:29

vampire knight

Rori

Post by Rori » May 13th, '08, 06:38

Right now, Soul Eater has to be the most popular one.

fathuze

Post by fathuze » May 13th, '08, 07:13

try macross frontier.. awesome 3d animation

Deebiddo

Post by Deebiddo » May 14th, '08, 03:09

--April 2008 Anime--

Currently watching
  • Amatsuki - This show is one I'm not sure if I'm going to continue watching as the story seems to be losing momentum. At only 13 episodes though I will probably stick with it to the end...
  • Itazura na Kiss - Though the animation is a little akward at times (being a shoujo anime this is understandable) I really like the characters so far in this anime. Even though the story is typical and overplayed this show still maintains a freshness that makes it somewhat enjoyable.
  • Soul Eater - Probably the best anime this season. I love the world that they created in this anime, top notch animation.
May continue watching at a later date
  • Nabari no Ou - Another show about ninjas in the modern day and age... I was hoping this one would be more of a comedy but it came of as trying to be a little too serious for my tastes. I still may give it another chance at a later date though...
  • Kurenai - nice balanced series all around; good music, voice acting, animation and an interesting story. I will probably download the rest of the episodes of this once it finishes airing.
  • Druaga no To: the Aegis of Uruk - I loved the comedy in the first episode but then as the series progressed the comedy started to die out and the show seems going towards trying to become a serious .hack//SIGN type anime. I may still give this one another chance in the future though.
  • Zettai Karen Children - Another show about children with superpowers. Seems to be sort of a parody on the genre though so I might give this series another look once it finishes.
  • Vampire Knight - I only skimmed through the first episode, but I liked what I saw. It looks like it could end up being a good anime.
Not going to continue watching
  • Special A
  • Toshokan Sensou - This seemed like it was going to be a rather boring anime after the first episode so I didn't give it much of a chance. The story is set some time in the future where the government is confiscating books and a special division was established to protect the books.
  • To Love-Ru
  • Kanokon
  • Da Capo II Second Season - why in the world did they make a sequel to this anime..?
  • Kamen no Maid Guy - the humor from the first episode quickly died off; overused predictable genre as well.
  • Wagaya no Oinari-sama
  • Kyouran Kazoku Nikki - This is usually the type of anime I would enjoy watching (being a parody comedy) but this series really didn't interest me after watching the first few episodes.
Heard good things about
  • Allison to Lillia
  • RD Sennou Chousashitsu
  • Kaiba - If you can get past the strange animation I've heard this one is really good.

Of all those Soul Eater is probably the only one I would consider purchasing on DVD if it was licensed. This really wasn't that great of a season in my opinion, even though many thought it was... :unsure:

leo008

Post by leo008 » May 14th, '08, 21:59

slowmoe wrote:claymore.....deathnote....elfen lied....vampire knight....the best ever imo......
I loved Elfen Lied!!! Haven't seen the others though. Have you read the manga too?

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 14th, '08, 22:17

me too....one of the best animes ever imo....just started on the manga on onemanga.com...what else is good...

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 14th, '08, 22:31

neon angelique and vampire knight :thumleft:

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » May 16th, '08, 21:16

Well I'm Currently watching these new animes, some of them have been in the list for so long because don't have much time to watch them or are just too long (still not over for all these years) :D

* Allison and Lillia (new)
* Bleach
* Capeta
* Darker Than Black
* D Gray Man
* Eyeshield 21
* Ghost Hound
* Kurenai (new)
* Last Exile
* Les Miserables
* Monster
* Nabari no Ou (new)
* Naruto Shippuden
* Prince of Tennis - National Championship
* RomeoXJuliet
* Saiunkoku Monogatari S2
* Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
* Shakugan no Shana S2
* Shion no Ou (new)
* Soul Eater (new)
* Special A (new)
* The Snow Queen
* Vampire Knight (new)

You can see the previews for them in my site by clicking on the image link below V

And all you Naruto haters, you guys think its cool to hate the "popular" ones, but dude admit that you did like Naruto when you first watched it. It just got totally messed up when it was dubbed in English.

Anyways, the one I recommend the most for this season is Allison and Lillia for its interesting storyline. The other ones I'm watching too are great action and comedy so I recommend trying all of them out besides watching dramas. :w00t:

mike_smoos

Post by mike_smoos » May 16th, '08, 21:54

school rumble? :wub:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 16th, '08, 22:35

groink wrote:Easy question to answer... Whatever series Crunchyroll users are whining about because of its removal, THAT'S what is hot right now. For example:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1 ... ENSED.html

I laugh my fricking ass off every time I read these CR topics.

--- groink

hehehehehe nice page :mrgreen:

---[ Death Note ^_*
and now Vampire Knight
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on May 22nd, '08, 04:45, edited 2 times in total.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 16th, '08, 22:38

check this list ( Top 10 anime let's say for the last 10 years )

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... -anime.php

bugsie

Post by bugsie » May 19th, '08, 14:29

I think Code Geass and Death Note should be in the list.

Sagishi

Post by Sagishi » May 20th, '08, 19:00

Code: Geass The Rebellion of Lelouch

Fathiya

Post by Fathiya » May 20th, '08, 19:55

Naruto 200+ episodes
Bleach 100+episodes

spring 2008:
vampire knight

Nidhogg_Rider

Post by Nidhogg_Rider » May 21st, '08, 20:29

Vampire Knight
Bleach

:)

Jscorpio

Post by Jscorpio » May 22nd, '08, 03:35

The animes I had enjoyed watching were: NANA, Twelve Kingdoms, Chobits, Elfen Lied, Death Note, Vampire Hunter D (Bloodlust), The Snow Queen, and La Corda dOro.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » May 22nd, '08, 04:29

Here are my list of the favorite for this season.

First is Macross Frontier, since l I got hook on Anime because of the original Macross.

Soul Eater is second on list, same type Anime as Naruto and Bleach.

Third is Itazura na Kiss base on the manga that were made into Jdrama and TWdrama.

Fourth is Chi's Sweet Home, so cute you could take couple of minutes at a time.

Fifth is Real Drive from Shirow Masamune of Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell fame.

Special mention goes to Wagaya no Oinari-sama, a fox guardian who turn into human form. Nothing special about the story line, but I am watching every episode as it get subbed. Hmm, will change my avatar to Ku-chan soon.

McYume

Post by McYume » May 23rd, '08, 14:53

Definitely not a new anime but for me is one of the best: Ayashi no Ceres --> a must see anime!!
My other favourite which you can say is kind of new is Nana!

Fathiya

Post by Fathiya » May 26th, '08, 17:07

I got hooked to Kurenai recently , its a story about a boy who was asked to protect a 7 years old girl from her family. Its very cute, the scenes with the girl are the best! I like her her blutness hehe. 8 episodes are out so far

sukoon

Post by sukoon » May 26th, '08, 17:18

did anyone here mentioned
KARAS
if not then you should run now and buy the DVD... download it or whatever just get it

rairai

Post by rairai » Aug 26th, '08, 19:52

VAMPIRE KNIGHT! zero <3<3<3 :wub:

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Aug 26th, '08, 19:56

Probably vampire knight right now..

Soon to be Soul Eater! :D

i12haf629

Post by i12haf629 » Aug 27th, '08, 21:43

soul eater is definitely getting pretty popular

elsya

General Discussions

Post by elsya » Dec 1st, '08, 07:56

General Discussions
Last edited by elsya on Dec 8th, '08, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.

silencio

Post by silencio » Dec 1st, '08, 08:00

Code Geass season 1 and 2
Macross Frontier
Fate Stay Night

Kaitoz

Post by Kaitoz » Dec 1st, '08, 08:10

Soul Eater's a big hit

silencio

Post by silencio » Dec 1st, '08, 08:41

yep Soul Eater has great art and animation, the characters are funky too.

seroeh

Post by seroeh » Dec 1st, '08, 09:29

The ones im watching are
-Toradora
-Gundam 00 season 2
-Soul eater
-Nodame Cantabile:Paris
-Kurozuka
-Mouryou no Hako
-Michiko To Hatchin
-Bounen no Xamd

rhivz

Post by rhivz » Dec 26th, '09, 11:42

deathnote..loving it =)

my friends are also addicted to skipbeat..
but i haven't watched it yet..

while my brother's friend is watching fairytale??
he says that it's similar to onepiece..

=)

SeraEris

Post by SeraEris » Jan 15th, '10, 11:39

I am a long term fan of Sailor Moon.
I never watched Naruto and I will never do :P
also when I talk about Anime, the "eng Dub" words have not place in the conversation :P
other than SM i have seen DragonBall, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Anime Sanjushi from the oldies.

I am the shounen, Yuri kind School life kind of anime.
Strawberry Panic, Mari Mitte, high school girls, hyakko, azumanga daioh, Ouran high school host club, kashimashi, are some of them.

elfen Lied is one fav anime R.O.D TV, burst angels, Zombie Loan, kannazuki no miko are some others.

as long as there are girl heroines in the anime i most likely watch it :)

Jamesr

Post by Jamesr » Feb 3rd, '10, 06:54

Bleach is the best and my personal favorite...

cyberdude

Best anime

Post by cyberdude » Feb 16th, '10, 03:04

I don't usually watch anime; but I'd like to try.
Which one is the best one to start with?
It looks like the best ones are Naruto and Bleach .. by the comments posted.
Please advise:
How many seasons/episodes?
Drama/comedy/accion..?
English subtitles all the way?
ThanX!!!

:-(

snoopypal

Post by snoopypal » Feb 16th, '10, 04:12

Just finished watching K-On! which was quite the fun little light-hearted comedy. I think 12 twenty-five episodes? 4 high school girls with unique personalities and temperaments form a pop-rock band. Interesting, though it's a girl-character driven story, there's no episode that even mentions any sort of interest in or the topic of guys. Not a hint of dreamy romance which is kind of unique for a high school girl show. It's all about the music and the girls becoming best friends. The music is pretty cool!

Heard there's going to be a sequel. Can't wait!

Donto Besto!

Post by Donto Besto! » Feb 17th, '10, 02:52

SeraEris wrote:I am a long term fan of Sailor Moon.
I never watched Naruto and I will never do :P
also when I talk about Anime, the "eng Dub" words have not place in the conversation :P
I see much truth in those words :D
cyberdude wrote:I don't usually watch anime; but I'd like to try.
Which one is the best one to start with?
It looks like the best ones are Naruto and Bleach .. by the comments posted.
Please advise:
How many seasons/episodes?
Drama/comedy/accion..?
English subtitles all the way?
ThanX!!!

:-(
It really depends on what type of stuff you like. There various genre to choose from. I personally find Naruto too kiddy and Bleach was okay for a while before it seemed a bit repatative and used way too much filler. I just finally said no thanks.

For starters, I'd look into the slice of life type series. One of my personal favorites would be School Rumble which has two seasons and several OVA's which include the 3 OVA's that cover the ending to the series. Another one of my favorites would be Minami-Ke which is 3 seasons and one OVA so far. Some other good shows are:
Tora Dora! , Hyakko , Lovely complex , Hatsukoi Limited , Sora o kakeru shoujo , Seto no hanayome , Clannad / Clannad -after story- , Midori no hibi, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned Suzumiya Haruhi no yuutsu (two seasons).
snoopypal wrote:Just finished watching K-On! which was quite the fun little light-hearted comedy. I think 12 twenty-five episodes? 4 high school girls with unique personalities and temperaments form a pop-rock band. Interesting, though it's a girl-character driven story, there's no episode that even mentions any sort of interest in or the topic of guys. Not a hint of dreamy romance which is kind of unique for a high school girl show. It's all about the music and the girls becoming best friends. The music is pretty cool!

Heard there's going to be a sequel. Can't wait!
Me and many others have much enjoyed K-ON! and are waiting for the second season which should start airing soon.

some of what I am currently enjoying:

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Ladies X Butlers, Omamori Himari, Baka to test to shoukanjuu, Ookamikakushi, Dance in the Vampire bund.