American TV Series ~ What do you think about it?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
ackirom

Post by ackirom » May 24th, '08, 20:32

I love American TV shows. Why? Cuz I don't have to read subs. And sometimes they're actually good.
Right now, I'm watching CSI, CSI:Miami (talk abt a shocking ending for both), Cold Case, Brothers & Sisters (talk about drama), I still watch House, M.D. when I can and Bones. I liked Heroes and Prison Break (omg, I'm subscribed to TV Guide and I read they're gonna bring back Sarah!! :O ) And for reality shows, I watch Dancing With The Stars (thank God Kristi won!! :w00t: ) but I didn't watch this season's AI cuz all those contestants seemed eehh.. :|

I saw a couple of Aliens in America (hilarious :lol ) and I wanna watch more but I don't know the schedule and I keep missing it. Oh and I'm also watching Two and a Half Men, but I don't know why :|

Chrisswe

Post by Chrisswe » May 24th, '08, 21:31

American tvshows would be fine, if they werent 450503535 seasons long. I get sick of watching a neverending show. I like jdrama because after 10-11 episodes they end.

Frendyonline

Post by Frendyonline » May 24th, '08, 23:51

It's very unfortunate that the 4400 got canceled. But besides the 4400, the cancellations that really crushed me are Jake 2.0 and Mortal Kombat. I wonder when they will realize that canceling a TV series is a complete lack of respect to the viewers.

miiz

Post by miiz » May 25th, '08, 05:00

I love american dramas <3 especially greys anatomy, gossip girl, dexter, prison break, lost, and heroes

ackirom

Post by ackirom » May 26th, '08, 18:26

Chrisswe wrote:American tvshows would be fine, if they werent 450503535 seasons long. I get sick of watching a neverending show. I like jdrama because after 10-11 episodes they end.
:lol I totally know what you mean. But there are some good ones like, Veronica Mars (3 seasons), HBO's Rome (2 seasons), and the ones that just never quite got off the ground like Raines w/Jeff Goldblum ( 7 eps?) and Traveler (8 eps?) and Justice (on Fox) ( < 1 season) ~ I think all 3 had proper endings too.

Plus I hear Prison Break won't take that long since there's a beginning, a middle, and an end. 8)

Corona

Post by Corona » May 26th, '08, 18:32

Most American shows that were shortlived.. (not counting mini series) didn't want to be short lived ^^; Sad that Veronica Mars ended and cancelled Firefly.

I loved Buffy the vampire slayer, and currently like Lost, Heroes, Battlestar Galactica and Kyle XY :)

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » May 26th, '08, 18:44

Hmm. I like

Supernatural (Hope they are done with demons arc, because I am getting tired of it. Just go back to monster/ghost of the week.)

Battlestar Galactica (it's on their last season, T_T, at least writers are making sure the show end with a bang)

Heroes

Criminal Mind (sometimes)

I generally like to watch sci-fi shows especially if it's well written.

indie

Post by indie » May 28th, '08, 23:40

jholic wrote: wow. i'm impressed. it's rare to see a female that likes football, much less can't wait for the next season. now just tell me you host a fantasy football draft day party at your place, and i'm all yours. :lol
Haha I don't host the fantasy football draft at my place [due to annual traditions it is always held at a local eatery :lol ] but pretty much every weekend the friends come over and watch football [colleges on Sat, pros on Sun -- haha I root for Cal every year, and it's always a love/hate relationship], play games, or watch movies. My house is pretty close to the school so they all tend to gather there on weekends and make it party/crash house :lol

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 29th, '08, 01:30

I love, love, love, love Buffy the Vampire Slayer! Most notably the quirky dialogues and memorable characters! :wub:

Apart from Buffy, there was also Queer as Folks.... I'm a pervert, so I loved to watch good-looking men getting it on. :mrgreen:

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » May 29th, '08, 13:18

Buffy is my favorite American TV series of all time :) Previously I used to hate TV series and preferred movies instead, but the colorful characters of Buffy, Angel, Giles, Spike etc got me instantly hooked. There was so much sarcastic humor in that series and SMG was very good at dishing out the sarcasm!

madrias

Post by madrias » May 29th, '08, 13:25

i like heroes, amazing race and ugly betty. for some reason though i wasn't too hardcore about watching american shows unlike my obession with k/j series & anime. dont really know why. :)

Chen Yisi

Post by Chen Yisi » May 29th, '08, 13:38

Before, I was a American TV series addict and with the strike I stopped everything, well, except Ugly Betty because I find this show very funny and refreshing.
I'm also trying to catch up with the very last episodes of LOST but apart from that...

Some series are pretty good actually, Dexter, Pushing Daisies, Heroes (but only the first half of the 1st season)

In my high school years, I remember, Buffy was my favourite TV show!

And the ones which I'll never forget, Friends and Sex & the City.
Last edited by Chen Yisi on May 29th, '08, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

a2a

Post by a2a » May 29th, '08, 13:39

I also like American TV series and I used to watch tons of them but I agree with most that when they are good they tend to drag on for countless seasons and become boring and repetitive. Smallville was a good example. I watched the first 2-3 seasons and then got reaaally bored. So lately I've been really picky about the shows I watch.
Now, the only series that I never got bored of were Friends and Nip/Tuck (the latter because it's so dark and perverted). The others just made me bored (yes even Lost started boring me)...

KaliC007

Post by KaliC007 » Jun 4th, '08, 06:56

My Favorite shows are:

SMALLVILLE I have been watching this series since the begining. I LOVE TOM WELLING! :wub:
Ever Wood( series ended)

Felicity (series ended)

So you think you can dance.

Gossip Girl ( I love Blair and Chuck)

One Tree Hill (Love this cast they are all great actors and actresses.)

Hells Kitchen

Monday Night Raw/ Friday night Smack Down

Americas next Top Model (Tyra gets on my nerves but I still like the show) :-(

Gilmore Girls ( series ended)

Robot Chicken................ LMAO

girlietwn

Post by girlietwn » Jun 10th, '08, 21:33

I don't really like American dramas because they seem to never end. You have to watch all the seasons in order to catch up. I really do like Ugly Betty.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 11th, '08, 01:54

I love Desperate Housewives, I can't wait till fall for the new season. I watch MTV alot too.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Jun 15th, '08, 08:52

Ha American T.V shows....nothing really interest me as of late except sports lol....so now baseball game is in so I'll be gluing to the T.V on my day off lol, otherwise the religions channel to soot my my mind :D.... guess that's why I'm watching Asian dramas lol :P ....

and to the person that was watching the show that was repeating itself over and over again , like an never ending story....that was the "edge hog day" lol.... a very old movie, I never finish it to get to the end lol, got tired of it repeating itself over and over again lol