Heath Ledger is dead?!?!

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
saki-chan

Heath Ledger is dead?!?!

Post by saki-chan » Jan 23rd, '08, 03:56

I'm kind of totally in shock, but today, Heath Ledger was found dead in a Soho apartment.
His body was found by the housekeeper or something. And since he was naked with a bottle of sleeping pills beside him, they think it's suicide!

For more info:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/ledger- ... 37592.html

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jpzd ... wD8UBAQU00

or just google 'heath ledger'.

He wasn't my favorite actor or anything, but he was one of the only Western (ie not japanese) actors i liked and respected! i mean, he was amazing in A Knight's Tale and Brokeback Mountain! It just kind of makes me sad...

[Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i wasn't too sure <_>]

katdiva

Re: Heath Ledger is dead?!?!

Post by katdiva » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:06

saki-chan wrote:I'm kind of totally in shock, but today, Heath Ledger was found dead in a Soho apartment.
His body was found by the housekeeper or something. And since he was naked with a bottle of sleeping pills beside him, they think it's suicide!

For more info:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/ledger- ... 37592.html

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jpzd ... wD8UBAQU00

or just google 'heath ledger'.

He wasn't my favorite actor or anything, but he was one of the only Western (ie not japanese) actors i liked and respected! i mean, he was amazing in A Knight's Tale and Brokeback Mountain! It just kind of makes me sad...

[Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i wasn't too sure <_>]
I heard about this today at work at lunch time... he's only 28... such a shame for a guy so full of talent, ne. He just finished filming "Dark Knight" the new Batman movie, where he played the Joker this past FRIDAY! WTH! SO much pressure on these guys I guess!

May he rest in peace.

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:14

I KNOW!!!!!

I was shocked to the core when I watch the news on Yahoo!
Seriously, it was only yesterday I watched a re-run of '10 things i hate about you'.

"Heath Ledger is dead at the age of 28, leaving behind the greatest villain character to ever grace the silver screen. "

AT MARY-KATE OLSEN'S APARTMENT? it was said that he was surrounded by pills too! Try browsing the news in YouTube. I'm watching CNN for breaking updates.

I'll always love you . . . :cry:

AzhyenTiger02

Post by AzhyenTiger02 » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:15

r.i.p. heath ledger...

orangeaddicted

Post by orangeaddicted » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:24

This is so sad! When I first heard about it, I thought it was a stupid, sick joke. Turns out its real though. :(
I just feel bad that his daughter is going to grow up without really knowing him.
R.I.P

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:28

I just heard about this a few hours ago. So very sad. May he rest in peace. He was a brilliant actor... A Knight's Tale being one of my favorite movies. Everyone look out for his role as Joker in the next Batman movie.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:30

he was found in his own apartment. not mary kate olsens. she simply lives in the same neighborhood.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:31

OMG!! *is in shock*

could it have been depression (if it was indeed suicide)? I think it wasn't too long ago when Michelle Williams and he split up.

But 28 really is quite young............he'll never have the chance to watch his daughter grow up. :(

just the same, may he rest in peace.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:35

I was in total shock as well. I guess for me, celebrities are supposed to be "immortal" (irrational thinking I know) and on top of that, he was so young. What makes it even more sad is that he won't be able to see his daughter grow up. I was looking forward to Batman as well. He had so much potential to be a great actor, may he rest in peace.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:38

After reading the articles, suicide seems to out of the question.

It appears he was sick with pneumonia and might have been what possibly contributed to the overdose in sleeping pills.

This is certainly very sad and upsetting........and still so very surreal.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:21

like many entertainers, he seemed to have a lot to live for, so suicide would be surprising. i don't remember him as someone who would constantly be in trouble nor be in a negative light, so it's sad to see this happen to a talented individual such as himself. may he rest in peace.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:31

i woke up at 11 am.. (deep sleeper...) and this is the news i got from my brother. he's such a good actor i couldn't help but feel a loss... i was also looking for his batman movie! :cry:

radee14

Post by radee14 » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:34

i was also shocked when i read the news at the yahoo site...a while ago...i am teary-eyed while reading it because heath ledger is such a great actor...i really like him in the movie "A KNIGHT'S TALE" until now i still cant believe he's dead...he's still so young... :cry:

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:46

I am sooo sad to hear about his death, he's such a great actor and I applauded him for choosing his roles very carefully and not just go for any roles that would pay well. Hearing about his death at such a young age and leaving behind a 2 year-old daughter is so tragic.

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Jan 23rd, '08, 06:06

Aww.. may he rest in peace. So many losses at the beginning of the year.

ellas

Post by ellas » Jan 23rd, '08, 06:08

WHAT ?

I didn't know and i find this thread..... what ?!... :shocked: .. Hmm that's horrible.. why why did he do that ? his career was getting better and he was filming the next Batman... too much pressure to take ?.. no that's not clear... :x

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jan 23rd, '08, 06:15

I was very shocked to read this, too. I liked Heath Ledger a lot, and he was a very attractive as well as talented man. :-(

cantiara

Post by cantiara » Jan 23rd, '08, 06:50

Yes, this is a shocking news. The cause of death is not confirmed yet, but the police said that there was NO indication of "foul play". But It's just so sad and tragic all the same. A talented and charming actor gone too early... right when he's gonna get a big hype with what seems like a brilliant performance as THE JOKER in The Dark Knight.

And now all we can do is wishing for his soul to rest in peace..

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Jan 23rd, '08, 06:56

cantiara wrote:Yes, this is a shocking news. The cause of death is not confirmed yet, but the police said that there was NO indication of "foul play". But It's just so sad and tragic all the same. A talented and charming actor gone too early... right when he's gonna get a big hype with what seems like a brilliant performance as THE JOKER in The Dark Knight.

And now all we can do is wishing for his soul to rest in peace..
I've almost forgotten that he plays the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie! Oh men...I've started to like him after seeing him in "10 Things I Hate About You". What a loss. I'm never going to see him star in another great movie.

budbellybottom

Post by budbellybottom » Feb 3rd, '08, 23:44

This is one of the shocker news that I have heard for this year.
I couldn't believe he dead, I means the day before his death I watch him do a interview for Batman on TV. And the next day he ........................gone. :(

I will miss his acting.... May he rest in peace.