Are there any interracial relationship dramas?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
sveta

Are there any interracial relationship dramas?

Post by sveta » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:45

I've been curious if there are any. From what i read, interracial relationship dramas are nonexistent, but if someone knows of some, please let me know. My prefference is asian male/white female relationships :D Yeah, i know there aren't any...

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:58

The TWDrama "They Kiss Again" has an AM/WF side story. It's pretty cute.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Aug 9th, '08, 05:42

I am surprised that there aren't more interracial dramas actually...

I would love to see one with Crystal Kay and Jun Matsumoto!!! That would be like a dream pairing for me! :D It would be cool if they approached the ups and downs of interracial dating in Asia.

The only interracial pairs that I have seen in any dramas are in Ikebukuro West Gate Park when one of the extra characters dated someone Middle Eastern I believe and in the background of Hotaru no Hikari when an extra character is arguing with her W boyfriend.

Other than that I have not seen and "main" interracial pairings.

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Aug 14th, '08, 23:11

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:I am surprised that there aren't more interracial dramas actually...

I would love to see one with Crystal Kay and Jun Matsumoto!!! That would be like a dream pairing for me! :D It would be cool if they approached the ups and downs of interracial dating in Asia.
:wub: I would love to see that.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Aug 14th, '08, 23:14

in The Wedding Planner with Yusuke Santa Maria, I believe his family -- his sister in the drama -- marries an African. It was total comedic humor though... Really ... bad humor... *facepalms*

Wow, Crystal Kay/Jun Matsumoto? That's new. I'd expect a Kuri/Kame from KAT-TUN more than that XD Just cause of his major fanboyism of her.

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 15th, '08, 00:08

the only interracial drama/movie i can think of right now is just Friends and Virgin Snow... but both just involving Japanese-Korean... i do wish to see more, something like Thai-Japanese... Filipines-Korean... or Indonesian-Korean... or even Malay-Japanese may be... haha... South East Asia region always amaze me with their cultures...

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Aug 15th, '08, 00:31

Uhm... I guess Sweet Spy can count... I mean like the girl is speaking Korean to him & like.. he supposively only knows English lol.
& yet they fell in love and stuff ^^

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Aug 15th, '08, 01:03

crocus wrote:the only interracial drama/movie i can think of right now is just Friends and Virgin Snow... but both just involving Japanese-Korean...
yes, me too can only think of those drama and movie.. :roll

Friends with Won Bin and Fukada Kyoko
Image Image

Virgin Snow with Lee Jun Ki and Miyazaki Aoi
Image Image

marriedtomisaki

Post by marriedtomisaki » Aug 15th, '08, 08:24

I know of side stroies.

Like for Example In Ikebukoro West Gate Park that Ali guy and Makoto's Friend. That was funny.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Aug 16th, '08, 15:44

Ladymercury wrote:<snip>

Wow, Crystal Kay/Jun Matsumoto? That's new. I'd expect a Kuri/Kame from KAT-TUN more than that XD Just cause of his major fanboyism of her.
Oh I forgot about the Kame! And didn't he say that he and Crystal Kay are born on the same day? That would be cute pairing too! :mrgreen:

The Matsumoto/Kay thing is just one of my favorite fantasies! I really think that they would 'click' on screen together. :wub:

Glad to see that I am not alone in liking that! *waves to cloudNINE.*