Do you like to sleep with your T.V on??

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
caprisun

Do you like to sleep with your T.V on??

Post by caprisun » Oct 1st, '08, 04:50

I dont know, for some reason i like to sleep with my tv on or have a drama or anime on :roll i like noise even when i sleep lol. do you guys think im weird?!?

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Oct 1st, '08, 05:18

Nah, everyone have a different way to sleep.

I don't know about myself. Television can be distracting if there's so many flashes, which remind me of my alarm (since I am deaf so I use light flashes and vibration to wake me up.)

But for some reason shows such as those Asian drama can help me fall asleep though. Quiet and smooth light is good. And cute Asian guys would be the last thing I see before I drift off to the dreamland. :)

Azin_JPN

Post by Azin_JPN » Oct 1st, '08, 05:35

No, uh uh...it would be a waste of electricity...

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Oct 1st, '08, 05:44

I have a disorder that messes with my sleeping and keeping the television on when I lay down helps. I suppose it's a combination of white noise and keeping my brain from working overtime by giving it something mindless to focus on. Anyway, most nights it's on, usually tuned to Turner Classic Movies or Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. I'd rather use the electricity than depend on medication. :-)

himenajima

Re: Do you like to sleep with your T.V on??

Post by himenajima » Oct 1st, '08, 05:54

caprisun wrote:I dont know, for some reason i like to sleep with my tv on or have a drama or anime on :roll i like noise even when i sleep lol. do you guys think im weird?!?
I always need to sleep with the tv or my computer playing and anime or drama.lol its not that odd. :mrgreen:

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Oct 1st, '08, 06:34

No I don't but my father is. I mean he can't sleep without the tv running all night! Most of the time he'll get up at 1:00 am to go to the living room and turn on the tv and sleep on the sofa. This happen every night....weird but true.

saki-chan

Post by saki-chan » Oct 1st, '08, 07:15

i do. i literally can't sleep without it. i actually have some shows on my mp3 player that i watch if i'm not near a tv. but i'm weird. i can't sleep without glasses on either, so i have a special set of sleep glasses. the best shows to fall asleep to, to me, are good eats, how it's made or mythbusters.

Jeshka

Post by Jeshka » Oct 2nd, '08, 02:22

I prefer to fall asleep with my TV on--I set it to shut off after 90 minutes or so. To be honest, I'm kinda embarrassed to share my sleeping habits. Let's see...really soothing, slow voices help me relax, so I usually watch home shopping programs. Or, I listen to yoga programs on You Tube (though I don't do yoga). This one is great: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=o3kA7G3hZbg

Oops...almost fell asleep while posting this. I'm watching the QVC home shopping network. Not that I buy anything.
It just.......................calms.....me......................So..................sleepy..............eyes................. growing.........................................................heav................................y...........................:sleeping:

saki-chan

Post by saki-chan » Oct 2nd, '08, 06:05

Jeshka wrote:I prefer to fall asleep with my TV on--I set it to shut off after 90 minutes or so. To be honest, I'm kinda embarrassed to share my sleeping habits. Let's see...really soothing, slow voices help me relax, so I usually watch home shopping programs. Or, I listen to yoga programs on You Tube (though I don't do yoga). This one is great: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=o3kA7G3hZbg

Oops...almost fell asleep while posting this. I'm watching the QVC home shopping network. Not that I buy anything.
It just.......................calms.....me......................So..................sleepy..............eyes................. growing.........................................................heav................................y...........................:sleeping:
oh my god, same. i'm addicted, a.d.d.i.c.t.e.d. to home shopping network. i keep my tv on it all night after i fall asleep to another show (dvr is a beautiful thing) so every night, almost, i dream about vacuums or jewelery.

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Oct 3rd, '08, 04:09

saki-chan wrote:i do. i literally can't sleep without it. i actually have some shows on my mp3 player that i watch if i'm not near a tv. but i'm weird. i can't sleep without glasses on either, so i have a special set of sleep glasses. the best shows to fall asleep to, to me, are good eats, how it's made or mythbusters.
What type of glasses was it? I would like to be able to do that too but not without damaging my glasses.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 6th, '08, 04:13

I usually have the tv off when going to bed, but I sometimes leaving the pc on watching shows then fell asleep during the shows.....and yeah, the voices in the show's on pc sometimes make me feel calm and fall asleep too :P....

Ruka707

Post by Ruka707 » Oct 6th, '08, 18:59

No... no-no-no-no! Never! :goggle:

azntina

Post by azntina » Oct 11th, '08, 08:38

My mind wonders off when when I try to fall asleep so I keep the TV on to keep me from active thinking.

Fanfir

Post by Fanfir » Oct 12th, '08, 10:39

I don't hehe. When I sleep I always listen to my iphone through headphones...lawl

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Oct 14th, '08, 12:49

Oh hell no!

I'd have nightmares about my electric bill.

Xandal

Post by Xandal » Oct 14th, '08, 20:28

I prefer to have noise when I sleep, however, I tend to play music more often than turning on the TV. But, I can sleep with or without it. Just prefer the noise :)

Cloudx7

Post by Cloudx7 » Oct 15th, '08, 02:59

i like to sleep in quiet areas cuz it seems more practical, but i usually fall asleep while i listen to music or watch tv. i rather sleep in a quiet room at night cuz im paranoid and think that if i leave my tv on, i'll watch it and never fall asleep.

zerch

Post by zerch » Oct 18th, '08, 03:21

I learned from my "tips for college" guy that sleeping with any light on (including a nearby monitor or TV) affects the level of sleep you get. Without light, you wake up more attentive and feeling refreshed. I've never slept with the T.V. on; not because of the sleep-relation, but because I think it's just wasting power to leave it on.