Who here would want to act in Asian entertainment?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
sahansah

Who here would want to act in Asian entertainment?

Post by sahansah » Feb 20th, '09, 16:50

Just a random question who has ever considered or dreamed of entering the Asian entertainment industry? Not restricted to just acting but at any level in the entertainment industry - scriptwriter, director, singer, clown etc...

And if you had the chance which Asian country's entertainment industry would you like to work in and why?

sasukepanda

Post by sasukepanda » Feb 20th, '09, 17:28

1st thing that cross my mind: becoming a JAV actor... a comedic j-drama actor sounds good too though

kevkaho

Post by kevkaho » Feb 20th, '09, 17:32

for me it has to be japan... wanna act with Maki and Aya... lol
impossible but nice to dream sometimes...

lomsie

Post by lomsie » Apr 3rd, '09, 03:06

It is very possible to be a part of the Japanese entertainment industry, though the types of jobs you'd get are restricted. Being a foreigner, one would probably get bit parts in dramas, being the designated "clown" or the one person in the drama who always speaks [insert your native language here], that is if one even gets a recurring role. Though I bet foreign models are popular, as in the case of Leah Dizon.

As you've prob. seen, foreigners are actually quite popular on variety shows like quizzes and such, but again, it's usually for bit parts or playing the fool, the butt of jokes. I always saw lots of foreign people playing parts on the SMAPxSMAP show, but they were always speaking English.

So, I'd say, that since Japanese dramas are made for the Japanese public, they don't write dramas and such considering a serious part for a foreigner.

...that's not to say it would be fun :lol I actually think it would be pretty cool if a foreigner was able to break through that wall and get an actual serious, recurring role in a drama. I haven't seen many drama, so I'm not sure if this has ever happened.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Apr 3rd, '09, 03:43

I would LOVE to be in a Japanese drama! It would be comedy on my part because I am not the slimmest or shortest person!

Just a few walk on moments would make me happy and if I am called back for more even better!

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Apr 3rd, '09, 03:58

I've always wanted to be the composer who writes the background music in dramas.

aravind

Post by aravind » Apr 16th, '09, 12:55

Oh the heading tempted me In for a surprise but the contents totally killed me. I was coming to act by seeing the thread heading, when I read the first like only I saw "just imagine"

a2a

Post by a2a » Apr 16th, '09, 13:29

I'd so love to be a scriptwriter! My sister & friends have suggested me writing a script for a series cause I have the craziest ideas but I know the scripts I have in mind can only be realised as J-dramas. My country can't support my type of writing and the actors we have here can't give the roles I have imagined the depth they need.

I'd also love to be an actress but I think I can't act actually... A comedian or a regular on a variety show would be more my cup of tea. I'm good at hurling poisonous ironic comments & torturing people, I think I would be ideal to be assigned as a batsu game host or something.

lovenathanscott

Post by lovenathanscott » Apr 16th, '09, 14:47

Well, my dream really is to become an actress and doing my job in Japan or maybe Korea would be even more awesome!
I'll probably go to America to give it a try first and I'm not even sure I'll have luck there.

But if I could, I'd definitely try to be an actress in Japan or Korea.
The problem is, I'll probably never be fluent in Japanese or Korean XD
But yeah, as some here said before, you can always dream!! I'll just try my best and never give up :)

Endexus

Post by Endexus » Apr 16th, '09, 16:16

I'd like to be a singer and actor in Japan. Johnny's Entertainment style of life..that'd be awesome!

lomsie has a point, if I ever made it to the entertainment bussiness I would surely say no to being a clown. as you, lomsie, said it would be nice if someone broke that wall. :P

any ideas of an actor/ress that is near to a foreigner and who has actually acted in a drama more than like 1 episode part without the whole stereotypia bullshit? my best guess would be this Yutta guy who acted in mei chan no shitsuji, hes born in brazil, though his japanese was fluent.

ghabarkhaz

Post by ghabarkhaz » Apr 29th, '09, 22:37

since i cant sing well, so i wanna be actor in china, taiwan or japan

Endroine

Post by Endroine » May 6th, '09, 13:11

[quote="lovenathanscott"]Well, my dream really is to become an actress and doing my job in Japan or maybe Korea would be even more awesome!
[quote]
² Me too.

Razor.

Post by Razor. » May 7th, '09, 14:19

woah i wish i could act in some movies or dramas.
japanese :O
with hiroki xD

dabogy

Post by dabogy » May 7th, '09, 18:38

I'd be down with acting in Japan or Korea. Thought of many women droolin over me is :w00t: