Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Thanks so much D-Addicts! And A Question :)

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
revenantsoul

Thanks so much D-Addicts! And A Question :)

Post by revenantsoul » Mar 20th, '09, 13:40

I'm new to the forums but not new to this site. This site has been a real godsend as far as opening up my exposure to things I didn't know were out there. I am very thankful for this site and all of the hardworking people out there who provide raws and subs for these dramas! Thank you!

I am interested in watching more dramas but I am not sure how to keep up on new ones coming out. A lot of the stuff I have been watching or was introduced to is from many years ago. I'd like to watch things that are currently available and fairly new. I know that not every drama is subtitled ... I imagine that would be pretty difficult but how do I find out what new or latest dramas are available with subs? I found out about Boys Over Flowers because I kept reading about it on various blog sites ... that and Q.E.D because I'm an MM and H!P fan. Other than that ... where is the best place to find out about new dramas or upcoming dramas that might possibly be subbed?

With anime series there's a lot of sites that list whats currently airing in Japan and sites also that list what is currently being subbed. Are there any sites like this for J and K drama? I apologize for my ignorance, I've kind of been looking around but I can't seem to find a central location for this information. I would be really appreciative of any help.

// Eli

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Mar 20th, '09, 13:49

check out the fansub map here at d-addicts. (left side of the page)
there are lists for all dorama in a certain season and then it is written if someone is subbing it or who is subbing it.
There might be groups who sub something without using the map, but in general, the fansub map is a great help to be p to date about dorama and subs.

revenantsoul

Post by revenantsoul » Mar 20th, '09, 13:57

Fansub .... map? Is it a link somewhere?

Sorry :( confused ...

~kani~

Post by ~kani~ » Mar 20th, '09, 14:03

ssih

Post by ssih » Mar 20th, '09, 14:06

Hi Eli,

Good to see someone from the same time zone. :)

I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I've only been involved with the forums for a short time. I'll give you a few of my favorite links.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_17098.htm
This is a list of the soft subtitles available for use with raw (not subtitled) tv series.

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2009
The fansub map that charia-chan already mentioned...

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_30768.htm
A list of jdramas and links to their main discussion threads.

The problem with keeping up with the newest jdramas is that the subs are often not available, and there's no real schedule when they'll show up. So don't abandon old shows. Some of them are terrific, and the they're right there for you to grab.

revenantsoul

Post by revenantsoul » Mar 20th, '09, 14:17

Hey Boston :) Nice to see you also :)

Thanks very much for those links. They will come in handy.

I have been really exploring old series. Trying to find things based on my interests and also on actors or actresses I have become familiar with. I don't like to feel like I'm way behind on viewing things. For example ... the first drama I watched was Full House and I have really recommended it to others because it has so many good elements and a great mix of comedy and drama. But I know its very old, even though its still very popular. I'm always curious if there are new dramas out there that are just as good or different, etc.

I will absolutely keep exploring :) I'm always up for any recommendations you might have also :)

// Eli

ssih

Post by ssih » Mar 20th, '09, 14:23

I know what you mean about following actors you've seen. I do the same thing. When I see a drama that I especially like, I want to see all those actors in other shows.

Everyone has their own recommendations, but my all-time favorite is Nobuta wo Produce. I liked it so much that I've seen three other drama series starring Horikita Maki and another three starring Yamashita Tomohisa.

revenantsoul

Post by revenantsoul » Mar 20th, '09, 14:29

I have seen that name ... Horikita Maki :)

I would like to see this drama since it's your favorite.

ssih

Post by ssih » Mar 20th, '09, 14:30

Let me know when you finish it! :)

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 20th, '09, 14:44

Another good place to start off choosing which dramas (old and new) to watch is the Recommendations/Favorites Thread:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10397.htm

Also, welcome to D-A! You're from Connecticut? We're neighbors! I'm from NYC~ :)

revenantsoul

Post by revenantsoul » Mar 20th, '09, 15:18

angel! :) Hello there in NYC. I have many friends there. I visit often! :)

Thank you for the link. I will absolutely check that out. Now that I am seeing what is available there seems like there is so much now! hahaha I'm overwhelmed. I'm like "look at all the drama!" I must see it all hahaha!

I see also in your signature some dramas you are watching along with Q.E.D :) I will also look at some of yours, angel! :)

ssih

Post by ssih » Mar 20th, '09, 15:44

In no time at all, you'll be a drama queen!