Why is my IP address banned from aja-aja?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
sveta

Why is my IP address banned from aja-aja?

Post by sveta » May 11th, '09, 05:07

For those who are at aja-aja, why was my IP address banned? I don't recall breaking their rules, i didn't request anything or said anything mean about the moderators. I simply go there to check out new stuff or download them...erm what have i done wrong? I hope its okay to ask my question here, if not please move this thread to somewhere more appropriate...thanks in advance

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » May 11th, '09, 06:01

What do you mean by ban? you cant dl anything from there?

One trick that worked for me is to click on the ads to maintain their sites.. It also act as an 'indicator' to MU to allow you to dl.. (unless you are a premium user)

Hope this helps

Happy dling :D

sveta

Post by sveta » May 11th, '09, 06:06

WHen i type in the website, this is the message i get...Sorry, my IP address # has been banned. i don't get anything else...:( I swear i haven't done anything offensive, i go to aja-aja to look at the dramas they have, downloading them sometimes, but i dont' do anything else on that site or on others. If you can help, i will really appreciate it.

leesja

Post by leesja » May 11th, '09, 14:28

Instead of posting here - why don't you email them direct & ask

myaigoo@gmail.com

poptartsgurl

IP Ban

Post by poptartsgurl » May 11th, '09, 17:05

If your IP starts with a 173...We had to ban the 173 IPs cause one person was spamming the site and after numerous warnings, she continued to do so.

So, for right now, we are manually allowing certain IP's...please email us at myaigoo@gmail.com so that we can look it over. Don't forgot to include your IP address. Thanks.

Tendoclan

Thanks for the information

Post by Tendoclan » May 11th, '09, 21:50

I just sent a third email with my ip address. I didn't know you needed it. Yes I am in the dreaded 173...why would someone ruin it for others? Hope to resolve this soon

annchong

Post by annchong » May 12th, '09, 06:42

Yes, unfortunately it is always one bad apple that spoils the rest but we got flooded by 173s

sapphirecrz

Post by sapphirecrz » May 13th, '09, 13:16

that really scared me i thought i would never have been able to get on aigoo again!!!

so all we have to do is email them???

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » May 13th, '09, 22:43

Ah! Makes so much sense now. I also found my IP was banned when I tried to get on today. I was afraid I had done something wrong, and then had a feeling that someone at D-A would know :)

dalisay85

Post by dalisay85 » May 17th, '09, 02:32

thanks for opening up this thread. i haven't gone to the aja-aja website in days and i tried a few minutes ago and my IP address was banned as well. i sent them an e-mail and hopefully the ban will be lifted soon and this problem can be resolved.

sveta

Post by sveta » May 18th, '09, 18:13

For those who were banned because their IP address was 173, are you unbanned already? I sent my email to aja-aja, but no response and i'm still banned :(

annchong

173s

Post by annchong » May 20th, '09, 09:56

We read every email individually but a lot of email DOES NOT give IP address just a note that says "unban me please". It's like going to the post office n say mail this letter to New York without an address so we cannot do much...

groink

Re: 173s

Post by groink » May 20th, '09, 10:53

annchong wrote:We read every email individually but a lot of email DOES NOT give IP address just a note that says "unban me please". It's like going to the post office n say mail this letter to New York without an address so we cannot do much...
Are you saying then that you can unban individual IP addresses? Because it is assumed that all banned IPs are 173.x.x.x. You may want to offer more detailed information about the ban, such as:

1. If multiple IP subnets are blocked, other than 173.x.x.x/8
2. If you're able to un-ban a specific IP address.

--- groink

annchong

More Information

Post by annchong » May 20th, '09, 15:41

I want to give more info why I ban on a personal blog that I (we) upload for FREE at my time for others to come and download
and gets messages like this - "unban me! I want to dl dramas!",

Right.....

knuckles

Post by knuckles » May 20th, '09, 16:27

Perhaps you could write a detailed document explaining the reasons for the ban. In the document please include a list of all the IP address ranges that have been banned. The document should be updated regularly, so that people are aware of any IP addresses that you unban. Also, ideally there would be a section in the document explaining the technical concepts involved, for the sake of those who do not understand what an IP address is. Furthermore, the downsides of banning solely by IP address should be explored in detail. The document should be available in Word 97-2003, Word 2007, and PDF formats. For the sake of those still using dial-up, a plain-text version of the document without images should also be made available. In place of images there should be descriptive text to indicate the content of the missing images. The document should be featured prominently on every page of aja-aja.com. If a user with a banned IP address attempts to visit aja-aja.com, they should be directed to a location where they can obtain the document. You should also visit every other online drama forum and blog in order to inform others about the document.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: IP Ban

Post by AkumaX » May 20th, '09, 16:59

poptartsgurl wrote:If your IP starts with a 173...We had to ban the 173 IPs cause one person was spamming the site and after numerous warnings, she continued to do so.

So, for right now, we are manually allowing certain IP's...please email us at myaigoo@gmail.com so that we can look it over. Don't forgot to include your IP address. Thanks.
I understand that you tried to ban someone because they reside at a certain IP address.

But it is rather ignorant that you banned an entire subnet, outside of the list of IP's that this individual has access to.

Say you wanted to ban Google because they're spamming you. Their IP address @ Mountain View, CA is 72.14.213.104. Obviously if you ban this IP, they'll create another one, but it will be within a similar proximity. However, assume Google's ISP's subnet is from 72.14.0.0/16 to 72.14.255.255. <-- This means you should ban these IP's that Google has access to.

But what you're doing is, (for example) you're banning 72.x.x.x. 72.15.0.0/16 could be NYC for all we know. This could be the entire state of California, some parts of the U.S. and other parts in the world. 72.x.x.x could be anywhere!

I seriously believe you should reconsider your blanket ban, get this individual's actual IP address (173.x.x.x) and ban his ISP's range of IP's, instead of the entire world that shares 173.x.x.x. If you need help figuring out what IP's he has access to, send me a PM.

annchong

Re: IP Ban

Post by annchong » May 20th, '09, 17:10

AkumaX wrote: But it is rather ignorant that you banned an entire subnet, outside of the list of IP's that this individual has access to.
Yes, ignorance is bliss :)

knuckles

Post by knuckles » May 20th, '09, 17:29

Why are you not treating your personal blog like a full-time job? You should have quit your full-time job and spent the time researching every technical concept involved in running a blog. Also, you should also have obtained the relevant tertiary qualifications. Only then can you be certain that the visitors to your blog will be satisfied. After all, the visitors to your blog will give you food and a roof over your head.

sungie

Post by sungie » May 20th, '09, 17:41

knuckles wrote:Why are you not treating your personal blog like a full-time job? You should have quit your full-time job and spent the time researching every technical concept involved in running a blog. Also, you should also have obtained the relevant tertiary qualifications. Only then can you be certain that the visitors to your blog will be satisfied. After all, the visitors to your blog will give you food and a roof over your head.
I'm trying to not die from laughing.

Thanks for making my day :roll

annchong

knock on wood

Post by annchong » May 20th, '09, 18:21

knuckles wrote:Why are you not treating your personal blog like a full-time job? You should have quit your full-time job and spent the time researching every technical concept involved in running a blog. Also, you should also have obtained the relevant tertiary qualifications. Only then can you be certain that the visitors to your blog will be satisfied. After all, the visitors to your blog will give you food and a roof over your head.
Ahh a critic - a person who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Don't ASSUME (ass of u and me). No one is asking anyone to visit our blog. Don't visit. Don't stop by. Don't swing by. :roll

groink

Post by groink » May 21st, '09, 03:08

This is why access to the Internet should be a privilege and not a right. If this was the 1990s, I'd say he was an AOLer. As a matter of fact, drop your ISP account, sign up for a dial-up AOL account, and STAY THERE! Dumb *ss FOB.

--- groink

knuckles

Post by knuckles » May 21st, '09, 11:22

groink, you appear to have not realised that my posts in this thread were all a mockery of your original post, where you suggested the people at aja-aja provided detailed information about their IP banning. By insulting my posts, you are insulting your own ridiculous post.

Do you still not get it? Rather than expecting the people at aja-aja to spend their time trying to make life easier for everyone, have you not thought that maybe the people who want to use the blog could make some sort of effort? All that is being asked for is for people to e-mail aja-aja with their IP address if they want to be unbanned. That is not difficult at all. Since it is their personal blog, there is no reason at all that they need to even cater for people who have been unintentionally banned.

groink

Post by groink » May 21st, '09, 19:36

knuckles - keep your day job, if you have one. Even annchong didn't get it. She knows far well what I meant, and it wasn't asking for the world.

junior_pansy

Is 220.XXX.XXX.XXX or it's just me that's BANNED in aja-aja?

Post by junior_pansy » Jun 8th, '09, 14:34

I have a dynamic IP and they all start with 220.XXX.X.XXX.

The last time I was there, I even clicked on the ads to maintain your site.

:scratch:

sungie

Post by sungie » Jun 8th, '09, 15:01

There's been at least one topic similar to this, and I don't think this is correct place to ask Aja-Aja stuff. You should e-mail them: myaigoo @ gmail.com.