Wow, Michael Jackson Dead!

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Scandalous

Wow, Michael Jackson Dead!

Post by Scandalous » Jun 25th, '09, 23:09

A lot of sources are claiming he's dead...damn, so unexpected..

RIP..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8119993.stm

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Jun 25th, '09, 23:15

What???

so unexpected....indeed

RIP MJ :(

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jun 25th, '09, 23:21

I wasn't a big fan of his but it is shocking news. Only 50 yrs old.

RIP

brigichan
Fansubber
Fansubber
Hungary

Post by brigichan » Jun 25th, '09, 23:24

Terrible news. RIP Michael.

Endroine

Post by Endroine » Jun 25th, '09, 23:27

omg so scary...

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jun 25th, '09, 23:41

Poor guy had a heart attack, and that certainly can happen at his age.

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Jun 26th, '09, 00:12

This news crushed me.
I am a big fan. T.T
MJ will live forever in my heart. <3

tkah

Post by tkah » Jun 26th, '09, 00:36

Loved his music but he was a bit of an oddball. RIP Michael.

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Jun 26th, '09, 00:36

RIP "I loved his music"

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jun 26th, '09, 01:23

I wasn't a big fan myself but I did love "Thriller" and "Beat it"
MJ moon walking on clouds now ; ;
RIP MJ
Last edited by kuro570 on Jun 26th, '09, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Jun 26th, '09, 01:35

He died a few hours ago.
RIP cus some people actually want him to RIH and not in peace lol.

Djahane

Post by Djahane » Jun 26th, '09, 01:36

I wasn't a big fan either. But he had so much talent, and 50 is way too young to die.
RIP, Michael.
Last edited by Djahane on Jun 26th, '09, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jun 26th, '09, 01:46

It's in the middle of the night (3.45 AM) in the Sweden right now, about 2.30 AM I got up since it was so hot and I had trouble sleeping. I turned on the TV and saw the news of that MJ had passed away.
I wasn't a big fan of him either. But a genious as a musican and has contributed alot... eh, can't think of a good word.
I really feel sorry for his family and the thousands of fans that are mourning him now. :(
Just to bad it happened a few days before his comeback tour.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jun 26th, '09, 02:03

Not only did he died, Farah Fawcett died today too. This reminds me of Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes (though not on the same day.) Just really sad... I mean, he was THE greatest solo musician ever.... so sad. He was about to turn 51 in August too

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jun 26th, '09, 02:12

I am absolutely in shock to be honest! He was the first crush that I had when I was 5 years old and I used to collect all of his music and vids! I will really miss him! I was looking forward to his new videos and music...

Even though he was 50 it still seems like it was too soon... m(_ _)m

tifa_chan

Post by tifa_chan » Jun 26th, '09, 02:31

yeah i was shocked to hear that too....well he lived a good life...well most of it....he died so young....RIP

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Jun 26th, '09, 03:40

seriously his death was a shock to a lot of people
R.I.P

Syuichi

Post by Syuichi » Jun 26th, '09, 05:39

RIP Michael Jackson, truly the greatest.

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jun 26th, '09, 06:58

I seriously can't believe it, and I'm crying. I can't find the words to express how much of an inspiration he was, and still will be. Music owes him so much, what he was and what he accomplished can't be said in simple words. He was and still is loved by so many, transcending nationalities and ages... Few artists have the power to touch so much people. He was THE artist of the 20th century and he will be truly missed. RIP Michael Jackson, and thank you for your passion for music.

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Jun 26th, '09, 07:07

I'm really shocked, we've lost the best dancer ans the king of pop.
I've grown up with Thriller and Beat It....

May he rest in peace.

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jun 26th, '09, 07:52

Being just a couple of years younger than MJ, I literally grew up with his music and sort of feel like I've been listening to it all my life. I have strong memories of hearing the Jackson 5 on the radio and seeing them on shows like American Bandstand. When he struck out on his own, it was at a time when I was finding my own independence and the music of "Thriller" is like a soundtrack to those years. Later, my daughter became a fan and I have some sweet memories of sharing CDs & videos between us and a wonderfully loud pay-per-view concert. He still had talent & promise in music, as I've been rediscovering as I watch the videos for "Scream" and "They Don't Care About Us" amid all the even older stuff MTV is showing non-stop. It would've been interesting to see if the London gig he was planning would've rejuvenated his creativity.

A very sad day...

LiLiana

Post by LiLiana » Jun 26th, '09, 08:48

Really guys, how can you say that : "he was fantastic! " " the best" ...

don't you ever read the news !!??

He was accused to have raped many children !!!

He wasn't a good guy at all !!!!

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jun 26th, '09, 09:19

LiLiana wrote:Really guys, how can you say that : "he was fantastic! " " the best" ...

I think people are paying their respect to the artist, they don't mention his personal life. You have the right not to like him anyway, nobody is asking you to, you're free.

a2a

Post by a2a » Jun 26th, '09, 09:20

We're not talking about him as a person but rather as an artist/performer. In that he was indeed fantastic & noone could match him. I also felt sad that he died. He is already a part of history. RIP.

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jun 26th, '09, 09:24

a2a wrote:We're not talking about him as a person but rather as an artist/performer. In that he was indeed fantastic & noone could match him. I also felt sad that he died. He is already a part of history. RIP.
Totally agree with you, that was my point^^

vassili09

Post by vassili09 » Jun 26th, '09, 09:34

condolences to her family...how sad nman ....

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jun 26th, '09, 09:45

LiLiana wrote:don't you ever read the news !!??

Don't you ever read the news? Being accused of something does not make it true and after a lengthy, very bizarre trial, a jury acquitted him.

As others have answered, what people here & all over the world are remembering and memorializing were his gifts as an artist. Nothing can touch that or his work towards world peace, cultural/racial understanding, and helping those in need by using those very gifts.

Razor.

Post by Razor. » Jun 26th, '09, 10:24

great men died.
rip.
<3

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jun 26th, '09, 10:33

LiLiana wrote:Really guys, how can you say that : "he was fantastic! " " the best" ...

Even if he <i>really</i> did it or not does not erase the fact that he sold MILLIONS of records for Thriller, was the first Black American to have a music video on MTV, has the record of most expensive music video in history, has sold million of other records, and open the doors to many musicians world-wide. I bet the music you probably listen to right now (and the dance steps they might do- if any) is probably inspired or rooted from Michael in some way.

For his professional work, he's amazing... and I think people who aren't into his music can still say that he did accomplish a lot, and as a singer, he's just a genius... Someone to master singing, dancing, and crazy music videos (and music) that's something. And all the charity work he did world-wide. He's private life is a different issue... but that doesn't deny what he did for the world.

petite6stix

Post by petite6stix » Jun 26th, '09, 12:01

MATT FIDDES, FORMER BODYGUARD
"He's the most misunderstood man in world. Everyone thought he was this weird freak but when you're with him he's as normal as everyone else. I don't think he felt he was as famous as everyone else thought, he didn't know any different.

"He was a very caring guy who would go out of his way to help the sick. One night in London he wanted to see some homeless people. He sent them loads of pizzas in secret. The guy had a good heart.

"We used to dress him up and sneak out of hotel room and do normal things in shops, people wouldn't know who he was but we wanted to give him a taste of the real life."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8120080.stm

My Thoughts: MJ was more than just a great entertainer. He was a true ICON and Idol. He is the pop revolution that so many young stars emulate. He gave more of himself on stage than he did to himself and his music. His style and videos will never be replicated but his musical influences will live on forever. He bridged the gap that went beyond race, religion or culture. He gave the world something special. I'm hoping that he finally will leave in peace and live the life that he's always dreamed of.

As for the allegations, I never believed them. People just know how to take advantage of the open hearted and naive. He's never been charged with any crime and has been pretty consistent throughout his years as a lost soul that found himself through the young hearts of children. MJ gave us so much of himself on stage, music and as a humanitarian... it made him weaker over the years. I'm hoping that people will remember that when it comes to the man he was, because his whole life has been dedicated to giving us all a unique and great experience through entertainment.

RIP Michael...you will be missed.

ssih

Post by ssih » Jun 26th, '09, 12:18

toyotaku wrote:Don't you ever read the news? Being accused of something does not make it true and after a lengthy, very bizarre trial, a jury acquitted him.
OJ was acquitted, too.

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jun 27th, '09, 03:01

ssih wrote:
toyotaku wrote:Don't you ever read the news? Being accused of something does not make it true and after a lengthy, very bizarre trial, a jury acquitted him.
OJ was acquitted, too.
Fair enough, but I will always maintain that being accused does not equal guilt.

In MJ's case, there was plenty of evidence and testimony indicating molestation was unlikely and more that it was a parent's get-rich-quick scheme, just as a previous charge years before was. Almost any source has its own agenda & biases, from press to people involved, so we'll never know. As long as there's doubt, though, benefit of it should be given... it would be horrible to inadvertently send someone to prison for something they didn't do. A little googling for more info about the situation and those involved (easy to do since it was such a high profile case) is also better than an outright condemnation of someone's character.

And that's all I'm going to say. We all deserve to be remembered as well for the good things we did and that's what people have been doing the past day. :)

PhoenixRainTaj

Post by PhoenixRainTaj » Jun 27th, '09, 03:42

it's def a major tragedy to the whole world actually. such a major icon gone in the blink of an eye. who,in this whole world who knew him, can not feel something about that day? it will be talked of for a long time to come...

it's kinda weird too tho...so many celebs are dying these days. well RIP to them all. they will all be missed by someone.

Xia-ya

Post by Xia-ya » Jun 28th, '09, 02:31

I was really shocked by the news. I grew up listening to his music and my mom is really sad too.
She was a huge fan of his. He will be missed =[

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jul 2nd, '09, 13:41

The first kid admits he lied about the whole thing that he was under pressure of his father.
He said that after Michael past away.
The seccond one (from the one he was found not guilty) the mother seemed to tried with other celebrities to rip them off.

Great, thanks to those kids he died with nothing to be happy about.

May he rest in peace.

Rozenrot

Post by Rozenrot » Jul 2nd, '09, 23:51

'Thanks to those kids'

Do you know how many adult victims later retrack their accusations? Many. For many different reasons. Victims of sexual abuse can often want to repress the incident, believing that by forgetting about it or denying it ever happened will help them to move on with their lives. They can also feel guilty, believing the attack was somehow their fault. Despite what lawsuits will have you believe, money does not solve every problem.

We live in a society where people judge celebs like we know them personality. "MJ makes good music that I enjoy, therefore he must me a nice guy". If a child cries they have been raped by a superstar, said superstar already has millions of supporters on his side. Those kids faced a good deal of pressure, it was not walk in the park for them. They went to hell and back and at the time they were just children!

Either way if you believe MJ was innocent and those children lied, then blame the parents!

Still, I wonder when Gary Glitter croaks it, we'll all remember what a wonderful musician he was...

tkah

Post by tkah » Jul 3rd, '09, 00:33

I personally don't believe MJ was anything close to innocent. What kind of person wants to collect the Elephant Man's remains? I will also admit, I loved his music. I thought he was tallented when it came to commercial success and people like me who somehow hear a catchy toon when they hear it. Lets look at his (scary) religious family. He was a product of his up-bringing as well. Maybe we will never know the truth but I am sure there were some truths and some lies. Unfortunately money rules the world. I think Gary Glitter must have spent weeks on the lyrics for the Hey Song....LOL To this day its one of my fav's!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 7th, '09, 22:45

Well, just wanted to say I saw the memorial for Michael on TV today (on like... 20 different channels) and I got a bit teary-eyed........ I think it was done nicely. Still wondered how many people attended?

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 7th, '09, 23:25

Hmm... Love how some folks love to go for the lowest common denominator when trying to prove their points.

Gary Glitter? OJ? Give me a break. While we're at it, let's throw in Stacey Koon and friends from the Rodney King beating while we're at it, eh?

Gary Glitter was convicted numerous times in numerous countries for his crimes. Throwing MJ in the same boat with him is ridiculous in the extreme.

Was he pretty messed-up and off the wall (pun intended)? Definitely, but living out the childhood he missed out on as an adult and wanting to have young friends doesn't automatically mean that he wanted them for sex.

As far as the Elephant Man's bones, MJ had a self-image issue that was pretty extreme. Guy just thought he was ugly as hell. Blame it on his Dad making comments about his nose throughout his childhood and driving him to ridiculous lengths to be successful, or whatever. He had a self-image disorder that's probably akin to how an anorexic person sees a big fatty while looking at their skeleton in the mirror. His crazy plastic surgery escapades will attest to that. Since the Elephant Man's known for having one of the most hideous faces known to man, MJ probably felt he could relate because that's the way he saw himself.

I won't try to excuse all of his behaviors, though eccentric would be way too mild a word for him, but considering how many other brilliant, talented people are revered for their work rather than their extreme personalities, it wouldn't be amiss to give the man the benefit of the doubt and celebrate what he brought to the world rather than what some people claim that he took from it.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 8th, '09, 01:22

I agree with you. The man just passed away, and people just oversee the accomplishments he have, and just go to the rumors. And that's what they are too... rumors. Especially the Elephant Man bone thingy. It was a rumor that he tried to purchase his remains... watch the "Leave Me Alone," MV and you see that it is a symbolic MV that goes against the rumors, and you see him dancing with the "Elephant Man" claymation.

Actually, he was really cute pre-surgery, and I think his nose was just fine. Stupid Joe.

Hm... I'm thinking about watching The Wiz... I actually own it for VHS... surprise it still works ^_^U

Oh yeah, has anyone even seen his MV views on youtube?! over 40 million views for Thriller and comments being left like every minute (along with ignorant ones too) And did anyone heard when it stated he collasped/unconfirmed dead/ confirmed dead (stated by TMZ) that Google, Wikipedia, AIM and Yahoo like, crashed, and Google thought it was being hacked so it stopped searches for his name.

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jul 8th, '09, 14:17

Wow, he even has a thread here.
I grew up on his music too. Was choking while watching the memorial. I'm gonna miss this guy.

R.I.P. KING

dabogy

the king

Post by dabogy » Jul 14th, '09, 12:32

the king.. I was once an imitator before.. this man is also contributes to my dancing.

I also like his sing "Ben"

RIP

pinkie

Post by pinkie » Jul 22nd, '09, 06:40

hey, anybody knows where to download "FANS MEMORIAL DAY"?