my first attempt at subbing (London Hearts)

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
uglijimus

my first attempt at subbing (London Hearts)

Post by uglijimus » Oct 20th, '09, 14:53

Hi, here's my first attempt at subbing a small section of a recent London Hearts episode which i thought was pretty funny.
Let me know know what you think.

thanks

Cry5tal

Post by Cry5tal » Oct 20th, '09, 15:07

The timing is quite good and the text also. I would just put the text at the bottom instead of the middle of the screen. I kinda understand you wanted to have the text above the Japanese text, but having it at the bottom might be a better idea. Having text in the middle of the face isn't that a good of an idea.
Other than that, it's nice :) welcome to the subbing world :D I hope to see some of your work in the future.

Luna14

Post by Luna14 » Oct 20th, '09, 15:15

Funny show. Subs are good.
Thanks for subbing.

uglijimus

Post by uglijimus » Oct 20th, '09, 15:26

Yeah, I thought it was easier on the eyes to put it near the individuals' faces so that you wouldn't have to continually dart your eyes from the bottom of the screen to the middle. I may take your advice and change it though. thanks for both of your comments.

Cry5tal

Post by Cry5tal » Oct 20th, '09, 15:40

No problem. I know it's a daunting task to do subs, so congrats on your first attempt. If it's that good for a first, can't wait to see once you have experience :D

uglijimus

Post by uglijimus » Oct 20th, '09, 16:07

thanks, but I don't think I can get it any better than that. I took about 3 hours and one hour of that was on Sayaka Aoki's "die, die".

I try to put slight color variations for each of the characters speaking to give an audience that doesn't have japanese language skills the ability to differentiate the characters better. Not sure if it makes a difference or not.

You're more than welcome to subscribe to my videos :D