Help identifying an asian series

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Endexus

Help identifying an asian series

Post by Endexus » Nov 19th, '09, 22:45

It aired when I was about 8-12 years old, I don't know was it chinese, korean, taiwanese or japanese(doubt its japanese). It has to be a pretty well-known / old series to air in Finland cause they don't air anything but american/brittish and finnish series here.

The only things I remember from the series are: that one of the characters had a dark blue hair, and all the characters competed for special swords and if I remember right the characters "flew" or jumped very high when they fight etc and there were like three brothers that killed eachother at some point (dark blue haired being one of them I think). It's not like 12 episode series, it aired for a year or so I think..

I don't know if I plan on watching it if you guys find it out.. but it sure wuold be nice to know and watch a few eps would be very nostalgic.

thanks in advance. :)

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Nov 20th, '09, 12:31

That sounds like it could be just about any Chinese wuxia series ever! They have an obsession with magical/special/legendary swords/artifacts and the protagonists fly around fighting over them... and they are often very long too. And it is normal that one or more of the characters has obviously dyed hair.

You might be better off asking older Asian drama fans in Finland. If you remember the station perhaps they might be able to tell you.

I wonder how it made its way onto Finnish TV of all places!

sungie

Post by sungie » Nov 20th, '09, 12:47

aimlesswanderer wrote:I wonder how it made its way onto Finnish TV of all places!
lol I wonder that too :D

And 4-8 years ago I wasn't that young.. I used to watch TV quite a lot back then, but I still don't remember seeing series like this.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 20th, '09, 14:19

The only series that resembles your description even a little is Wind and Cloud, a Chinese series that aired here in Finland on SubTV. In Finnish it was called 'Idän Soturit' :lol. I can't remember a blued haired guy but everything else sounds similar.

Endexus

Post by Endexus » Nov 20th, '09, 14:34

yeah it was that one haha :D on sub tv and the subbed name idän soturit rang a bell! thanks, i think im gonna take a look :D