SilentRegrets

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Kazu-Ichi

Post by Kazu-Ichi » Apr 15th, '11, 17:32

Frankly speaking I find your views nauseating. Fansubing is about the bond between a team and releasing a product (and don't fool yourself. It IS a product. You might not be selling anything, but you're providing a service that people will choose from.) that you can be proud of. You can't bond the same way when there's so many people.

I have on several occasions looked over DSC subs, in it's final stages and my skin CRAWLED at the amount of errors I found. If that is the future of fansubbing- if that's how all the teams will be subbing their dramas, then I want no part of it! I will quit watching dramas rather then watch something of that lowbrow quality.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Apr 15th, '11, 18:55

Kazu-ichi, relaxed now? Calmed down? Take ten deep breaths.
Your quote "It IS a product. You might not be selling anything, but you are providing a service that people will choose from" is absolutely correct. The big word is CHOOSE, and that is what we are doing. Wal-Mart over Macy's or Lexus over Chevy, it is all about choice. If you do not like what the people CHOOSE, too bad. Take your nauseous stomach and crawly skin and leave. No skin off of my back.

The people who download the videos for us and ALL of the fansubbers are wonderful people and we the consumers of their efforts and products owe them a big thank you.

"Hasta LaVista Baby"

J-Pooh

Post by J-Pooh » Apr 15th, '11, 19:56

@Kazu-Ichi - no one's FORCING to you watch low-brow quality. I find your comments even more nauseating.

To me, all subs have some merit - even the ones people upload for that language so that those that don't have a clue can use google or any other translating services to try and understand it. You at least have something - better than making guesses what's going on. Face it, beggars can't be choosers. If there are choices, don't forget when you aren't paying for it and it isn't the job of the people producing it, it's a PRIVILEGE you get to choose. I think people should be happy with what they can get, unless your goal is to create paying sites - these subbers can just lock up their subs and make us pay. They might not have the right to the vids, but the subs are their original work product, which they can own.

I understand rudimentary Korean and watched Kdramas without subs for a long time, and when I saw one with fansubs, my world changed. I understood more the complexity of what I was watching and became able to discern good dramas from bad ones from more than just about how good-looking the characters were. These fansubs made me become interested in dramas beyond Kdramas and to learn about other cultures (some have great tidbits about certain cultural/topical dialogue that subs from licensed products don't have). Yes, what I’m referring to are good, well more like awesome subs, while the bad ones, sometimes does hurt my head, but that’s when I’ve gotten some clue with the language, offer me still more than just looking at the eye candy.

I'm in no fansubbing group, I've thought about it purely from helping as a timer so I've tried my hand in some of the tools that a lot of drama sites give out to encourage others to sub. I've timed a 1-hour ep and it took a lot of time. Then subbed in English an English clip for a hearing-impaired student - that took a lot of time as well. I understand how time-consuming it can be. Thus, I truly appreciate the time involved for these fansubbers.

I've bought a lot of drama DVDs, and quite frankly their subs sometimes aren’t as good, sometime even worse! I had one in which several sections weren't subbed at all!

In the different forums I go to in order to get subs, I'm amazed that people could make comments such as yours; this over-righteous sense of entitlement. Sure, everyone has the right to ask what they want - it makes the world improve, it adds to development of progress - but presented in such a condescending manner just becomes counter-productive. Who would want to continue doing something out of their own free time and energy for ingrates?

I can be more effusive about how much I appreciate these subs in whatever quality, but bottom-line, I don't forget where I came from, what I'm currently capable of (more accurately, INcapable of), and the freedom not only I have but those that produce these subs as well (they can simply stop).
Last edited by J-Pooh on Apr 16th, '11, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.

Kazu-Ichi

Post by Kazu-Ichi » Apr 16th, '11, 01:08

That's just what I was trying to say though, if CTS is the future of fansubbing, if that's how all the groups will be working on all their dramas, then I WILL be forced to watch that lowbrow quality. Of course I will have quit dramas by that time, but I can't say that I wouldn't miss my favorite actors and actresses. I would hope that anyone with any sense of proper grammar would follow my example. Just because the standard of quality has dropped doesn't mean that we've got to follow suit. Have some damn pride in your own intellect.

I'm also not ungrateful to fansubbers. I know how difficult the job is. I live it everyday. I cherish all my teammates as comrades and friends and appreciate their hard work. That's why I would not want to see this world fall into the trap of community translated subs. If you aren't satisfied with subs and want them faster or the drama that you want isn't being subbed then join a fansub group and help out, or if not then start your own group... but don't half-ass things by joining CTS and taking the easy way out. CTS just spits in the eye of all of us who actually do the work.

grumgetta_25

Post by grumgetta_25 » Apr 16th, '11, 06:56

I'm sorry to hear that those are your views. I am not trying to convert your opinion on the matter. It is about personal choice.
I do however object at you hurling names at the work that we do at DS. It was a community created with a genuine desire to help the viewers. You don't have to use DS subs, but do appreciate that people do volunteer their time for FREE for all of drama addicts out there.
We are not saying that DS is the future of Fansubbing either, however have you looked at the Fansubbing wiki lately? There are less active groups and some projects have been in the partially subbed status for years. There are more people complaining then actually helping. Some fansubbing teams have shut down completely due to lack of VOLUNTEERS!
A product is something you PAY for, since this work is free then it is more of a resource than a product. And even when you buy the DVDs the subs are not any better than what you can get online, and there have times when it is worse than what you can find at other sources.
As Fansubbers we do take pride in our work and complete them to the best of our abilities and resources. You are free to watch them unsubbed, there is also viki, which I know has been used by Nay's site before, not that the quality is any better, in fact I have watched vikii subs where there were whole sections untranslated, or inaccurate translations and yes grammar and spelling mistakes to. At DS if you spot any of these errors feel free to log on and change it. We welcome any help that we can get. There is also the option of being a solo fansubber.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 16th, '11, 07:47

Advice: the thread name is SilentRegrets, and please focus on this. Don't take it to bashing subbing groups, good or less good. This is a topic for other discussion, if you want to discuss pro and cons of "this-and-this" subbing team, please do so in a separate topic.
Thank you.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Apr 16th, '11, 07:47

Hmm... As someone who has been on a bit of a hiatus from fansubbing for a while, as well as being one of the more vocal defenders of fansubbers in general, I'm finding that the direction this thread seems to be heading is rather interesting.

mysonicdeathmonkey

Finally some info on Silentregrets!!!!

Post by mysonicdeathmonkey » Apr 18th, '11, 22:57

Hello!

I´m new to this forum but the main reason I joined was because there was a discussion on what happened to Silentregrets and let me tell you I was freaking out about it being down for so long. So I went in again today and instead of the usual OFFLINE page coming out I pleasantly saw this message.....

¨Site maintenance in progress...
SR will be back up soon!

~Nay~ ¨

So hopefully our prayers were answered and we will be able to supply our addictions once more!
:thumright:
:cheers:

*happy dance*

LizTaylor52

Post by LizTaylor52 » Apr 18th, '11, 23:05

That is awesome news. Of course I had to check for myself and got the same message. I was afraid something had happened to Nay. Can't wait till the site is back up. Thanks for the notice!

Orybel

Re: SilentRegrets

Post by Orybel » Apr 18th, '11, 23:27

Chrono wrote:Hey everybody

Does anyone know what happened to the website Silent Regrets? It's been "offline" for a very long time now. Maybe they just gave up?

Well, if anyone knows, please let me know. I'd aprecciate that.
:-)
Hey just checked the site and Nay left a Msg Saying will be back soon that is under maintenance :) GOOD News at least it does no longer say OFFLINE

J-Pooh

Post by J-Pooh » Apr 19th, '11, 04:58

So nice to think Nay's not closing. ^^ Hopefully the site will be up and running soon! (^-^)x

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 20th, '11, 07:57

iluvasiandrama wrote:I don't think that she is gone for good because the website just says OFFLINE. This happened before and the last time it took a few months before the site was back up and running. I think they just need a break to upload and get things current or vacation. I hope that she will be okay.
Glad to see that Nay posted that message! I figured it was vacation or site maintenance. Well those were my original thought (as stated above). :whistling: :mrgreen:

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Apr 20th, '11, 21:11

Yay! Wonderful news!n Thank you. And if you're reading, thank you, Nay! We are itching for you to come back!

ersby
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ersby » Apr 20th, '11, 21:33

re: return of Silent Regrets.

Thank God! I was halfway through a series I couldn't find anywhere else! Big thanks to Nay for her work. And to all the fansubbers too.

ryc3

Post by ryc3 » Apr 21st, '11, 06:24

Kazu-Ichi wrote: Would you consider subbing a drama then? My group Fighting! Fansubs is desperately attempting to expand our group from just Kdramas into Jdramas as well but we're having problems finding Japanese translators. If you're not interested in anime then please consider my request.
I'd consider your request if I had more time. >_< I rarely have time with my studies and working at a Japanese market.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Apr 25th, '11, 03:14

just went to Silent Regrets and saw the message (i wasn't following this thread anymore so i didn't know earlier haha), i'm happy that apparently the site is going back!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 3rd, '11, 02:29

I wonder when they plan on opening the site? :scratch: I hope soon but it looks like it may be a while. :-(

Kazu-Ichi

Post by Kazu-Ichi » May 3rd, '11, 02:34

iluvasiandrama wrote:I wonder when they plan on opening the site? :scratch: I hope soon but it looks like it may be a while. :-(
The site was down for quite a while. The whole thing may have been deconstructed, if that's the case then it needs to be rebuilt. We had a lot on the site and if it really needs to be redone then it's an almost impossible task. All I can say is that Nay will reopen the site when she feels it's ready.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 3rd, '11, 04:18

Kazu-Ichi wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:I wonder when they plan on opening the site? :scratch: I hope soon but it looks like it may be a while. :-(
The site was down for quite a while. The whole thing may have been deconstructed, if that's the case then it needs to be rebuilt. We had a lot on the site and if it really needs to be redone then it's an almost impossible task. All I can say is that Nay will reopen the site when she feels it's ready.
Ok so have you heard anything, meaning has she been in touch with you or your team? I know she may have to take some time but I'm just anxious that's all, I really miss SR especially now that I'm watching different dramas... :-( I just wish she would give her fans more updates. I understand she needs time though and wants to do things at her pace so I'll have to be more patient.

Kazu-Ichi

Post by Kazu-Ichi » May 3rd, '11, 05:13

iluvasiandrama wrote:Ok so have you heard anything, meaning has she been in touch with you or your team? I know she may have to take some time but I'm just anxious that's all, I really miss SR especially now that I'm watching different dramas... :-( I just wish she would give her fans more updates. I understand she needs time though and wants to do things at her pace so I'll have to be more patient.
We have heard absolutely nothing from her. She's never really been a super social type. She's quiet and does things on her own.

That was one of the downsides to SR, it was difficult for members to interact with her (aside from directly emailing her) and even more difficult communicating with other members.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 3rd, '11, 14:35

Kazu-Ichi wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:Ok so have you heard anything, meaning has she been in touch with you or your team? I know she may have to take some time but I'm just anxious that's all, I really miss SR especially now that I'm watching different dramas... :-( I just wish she would give her fans more updates. I understand she needs time though and wants to do things at her pace so I'll have to be more patient.
We have heard absolutely nothing from her. She's never really been a super social type. She's quiet and does things on her own.

That was one of the downsides to SR, it was difficult for members to interact with her (aside from directly emailing her) and even more difficult communicating with other members.
It could just be me but I think the message went up on SR right when discussions were rampant over here on D-addicts. I'm thinking the message was put on the site to try and silence rumors and assumptions. :scratch:

When you are reserved and closed off to fans staff and supporters it leaves too much room for unnecessary speculation. But it's her site and she has the right to do whatever she wants but it's hard to get support from people if you don't give more information and updates.

At least with Aja-Aja they informed all fans and supporters of their changes long before they changed to membership only. Even when D-addicts changed/stopped torrent trackers, we were getting informed long before it happened. It took so long for SR to put the message up on the site and I do take into account that she may have had a personal emergency issue to deal with and SR was the last thing on her mind but when she came back to put the new message up there... where is the update?? No upcoming features, new site, database issues... nothing. Just left us all hanging with no other communication :unsure:

SongHuJung

Post by SongHuJung » May 3rd, '11, 20:06

Don't know about anyone else who was a registered member of SilentRegrets but about the same date as that message from Nay went up on the website I got the following e-mail from the site ( I've sanitized out my personal info that was in the e-mail):
****************************************************************************************
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM, silentregrets.com <regrets> wrote:

Hello user XXXXXXXXX,

You have been added as a User to silentregrets.com by an Administrator.

This email contains your username and password to log in to http://silentregrets.com

Username: XXXXXXXXX
Password: XXXXXXXXX

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

***************************************************************************************

I took this e-mail as a sign that Nay was rebuilding/had rebuilt the site and was inviting (prior) registered members to come back. Obviously, however, the site is still not back up yet as of today (May 3rd), so I can't yet use the UID & PW she sent. Anybody else get a similar e-mail on or about April 21st???

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » May 3rd, '11, 20:16

I got similar e-mail notification, but the link did not work at that time.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » May 3rd, '11, 20:34

Just hit the site now and'got a maintenance banner. Things are looking better.

sweetiepie1369

Post by sweetiepie1369 » May 3rd, '11, 21:01

try my asian cinema its not as good as d-adicts but better than sr

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » May 3rd, '11, 21:22

sweetiepie1369 wrote:try my asian cinema its not as good as d-adicts but better than sr
Can never be enough places. I get my media from many sites.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 4th, '11, 00:21

wmcnair370 wrote:Just hit the site now and'got a maintenance banner. Things are looking better.
That "site maintenance" note has been up there for a few weeks now. :unsure: I guess it's taking longer than we expected to get things finalized on her end.

Kazu-Ichi

Post by Kazu-Ichi » May 4th, '11, 00:38

iluvasiandrama wrote:That "site maintenance" note has been up there for a few weeks now. :unsure: I guess it's taking longer than we expected to get things finalized on her end.
As I said, the site was quite large (as you already know) and the entire thing may have to be rebuilt and maybe even reuploaded. If it does then it's not going to be easy. Especially since Nay is doing it alone. She will open the site when she's ready. Even if it takes months or (I hope not) even longer.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 4th, '11, 01:12

Kazu-Ichi wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:That "site maintenance" note has been up there for a few weeks now. :unsure: I guess it's taking longer than we expected to get things finalized on her end.
As I said, the site was quite large (as you already know) and the entire thing may have to be rebuilt and maybe even reuploaded. If it does then it's not going to be easy. Especially since Nay is doing it alone. She will open the site when she's ready. Even if it takes months or (I hope not) even longer.
OKAY, we are aware that she will open the site when she is ready. Nothing we can do or say will make it happen sooner. That's understood. We are just conversing about small things that's all. My reply was in regards to the notice being up there for a few weeks just in case some people thought it just went up.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 4th, '11, 01:15

sweetiepie1369 wrote:try my asian cinema its not as good as d-adicts but better than sr
I just realized that I already have an account with them. They have a decent selection of TW and HK dramas too :mrgreen:

muggle87

Post by muggle87 » May 22nd, '11, 07:21

i hope the site goes back up soon as well. i have been missing my jdramas like crazy. not enough people subbing them which is sad.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 24th, '11, 01:50

muggle87 wrote:i hope the site goes back up soon as well. i have been missing my jdramas like crazy. not enough people subbing them which is sad.
I agree but the livejournal jdrama page seems to be decent. Myasiancinema too.

Tai

Post by Tai » May 24th, '11, 02:51

Hey for an Atlanta gal your alright. I will check those out. Thx
You know a couple weeks ago I got an email. Sent from Silent Regrets. It said I was being included in SR's circle. I thought whoop d do, She is opening back Silent Regrets. I sent email reply. I went to the site address and Nothing. I find it strange that in the middle of all of us wondering how our lil SR entrepreneur is doing I got that email.
It was dated Apr 21 and said "You have been added as a User to silentregrets.com by an Administrator.
This email contains your username and password to log in to http://silentregrets.com/jml16/
Username: Tai "
Has anyone gotten anything like it. I don"t think I am revealing anything "classifed" here I am just concerned, you know not about whether I get movies or the like. I just want to know that everything is all right.

LizTaylor52

Post by LizTaylor52 » May 24th, '11, 05:04

Tai wrote:Hey for an Atlanta gal your alright. I will check those out. Thx
You know a couple weeks ago I got an email. Sent from Silent Regrets. It said I was being included in SR's circle. I thought whoop d do, She is opening back Silent Regrets. I sent email reply. I went to the site address and Nothing. I find it strange that in the middle of all of us wondering how our lil SR entrepreneur is doing I got that email.
It was dated Apr 21 and said "You have been added as a User to silentregrets.com by an Administrator.
This email contains your username and password to log in to http://silentregrets.com/jml16/
Has anyone gotten anything like it. I don"t think I am revealing anything "classifed" here I am just concerned, you know not about whether I get movies or the like. I just want to know that everything is all right.
Sounds strange to me. No one else has posted receiving anything from Nay. I don't know that the others working with her on the site have even heard from her. I've also joined MyAC in the meantime till SR comes back.

Kazu-Ichi

Post by Kazu-Ichi » May 24th, '11, 10:24

LizTaylor52 wrote:Sounds strange to me. No one else has posted receiving anything from Nay. I don't know that the others working with her on the site have even heard from her. I've also joined MyAC in the meantime till SR comes back.
Yeah, I still haven't heard anything from her, and I never received any mail like that. So if some one is passing out admin passes for SR then it's definitely suspicious.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » May 24th, '11, 18:20

Tai wrote:Hey for an Atlanta gal your alright. I will check those out. Thx
Only thing about myasiancinema is there not enough Japanese or Chinese drama subbed. To access DL you have to register/login... only to find out they are soft subs and not hard subs :crazy: That's the drawback with MAC, still good for information purposes and that's what I look for too.

I changed email addresses right before SR closed down. Someone hacked into the old one. Anyhow, I have not received any emails from SR either.

But come to think of it, if you and others (few pages back http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1386195 and http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1386199) got emails from SR's domain, could it be someone hacked into the database? Otherwise, how did the culprit or whoever get your email addresses?

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » May 25th, '11, 19:26

Apparently Silentregrets is back up under a new domain http://silentregrets.ce.ms/ but it's kinda weird , i cannot see the lists of dramas and movies, check it out.

Kazu-Ichi

Post by Kazu-Ichi » May 25th, '11, 19:28

riki_kun wrote:Apparently Silentregrets is back up under a new domain http://silentregrets.ce.ms/ but it's kinda weird , i cannot see the lists of dramas and movies, check it out.
Yeah, that's the fake one (at least I think it's fake) the link was posted by LizTaylor a few pages back. In my opinion it has nothing to do with Nay or the real Silent Regrets.

LizTaylor52

Post by LizTaylor52 » May 25th, '11, 21:23

Kazu-Ichi wrote:
riki_kun wrote:Apparently Silentregrets is back up under a new domain http://silentregrets.ce.ms/ but it's kinda weird , i cannot see the lists of dramas and movies, check it out.
Yeah, that's the fake one (at least I think it's fake) the link was posted by LizTaylor a few pages back. In my opinion it has nothing to do with Nay or the real Silent Regrets.
I've had the Silent Regrets home page opened in my browser since the day I joined, and it's http://www.silentregrets.com/ ... it still says site maintenance in progress, will be up soon. I agree that it was some kind of hacking job and luckily the site didn't lead somewhere that gave out a virus or trojan.

bellebrunette

Post by bellebrunette » May 29th, '11, 16:16

Well I don't know if this is much help but..... I have been using SilentRegrets since about my freshmen year of high school. Which was lets see was bout 6 yrs ago. A little less probably, but I do remember two times before actually. That the site was down for an extended period. The first was when I first started using Nay's site. I kept hearing about it and going there only for it to tell me it was under maintenance. But eventually the site came back up. The same thing happened again later don't remember exactly when, but it did return. People keep saying the site is OFFLINE. Nay herself said its under maintenance. I think if she had just given up, and called it quits, she would a) said it had been terminated/ is now silent b) closed the site account. Probably if anything she chuck her computer at a wall and went outside. I wish Nay all the best whether she decides to return or not, though sincerely hope she does.

the geeK

Post by the geeK » Jun 5th, '11, 23:29

iluvasiandrama wrote: Only thing about myasiancinema is there not enough Japanese or Chinese drama subbed. To access DL you have to register/login... only to find out they are soft subs and not hard subs :crazy: That's the drawback with MAC....
all you need for every kind of video on MAC (inc soft subs) is VLC player. ^_^

susurs

Post by susurs » Jun 6th, '11, 15:58

yes, I hope it comes back, since it was the best and the friendliest. dlaznmovies is gone too and myasiancinema is arrogant and annoying

Enster

Post by Enster » Jun 9th, '11, 05:55

guys can u see whether this website is related to silent regrets or not. ---> http://home.x-pack.org/ -------> i found this site at http://silentregrets.ce.ms/legal-disclaimer/

cause i found out that the download link is mark under silent regrets ( the download links are upload by silent regrets)

for example ~~~~>>>>
Mod Edit: DDL links removed.

LizTaylor52

Post by LizTaylor52 » Jun 9th, '11, 06:30

Well now the original Silent Regrets website, http://www.silentregrets.com/ is just plain gone. Clicking on movies at the 'other' Silent Regrets website located at http://silentregrets.ce.ms/ will bring you to http://home.x-pack.org/ website, but I'm only seeing mediafire uploads. Still don't think that second site is related to our Nay. It's a totally different look and has music and software for downloading. It's kinda like a peer to peer program but online instead. It seems Nay still has her megaupload account cause I just clicked on the link I had for "Dream High" and it's still up there. So if that website isn't related to our Nay, they are pirating her links.

Enster

Post by Enster » Jun 10th, '11, 13:39

ok i see ... :cry: i thought i have found the real silent regret but it is only a copycat...
i'm a bit dissapointed.......... :-(
anyway, thx for your analysis & explanation.

I will wait for the real silent regret~ :-)

yh3ng

Post by yh3ng » Jun 16th, '11, 13:43

For the love of SIlentRegrets I came across this forum site looking for some answers but it seems that Nay just closed down the site for good based on the speculations and observations from other members here. I missed SR so much..

If there's anybody here who needs help in terms of website development for the sake of reviving SR then I would be willing to help. Just pm me or send me an email.

nina333

Nay, please come back!

Post by nina333 » Jun 29th, '11, 01:40

I was busy for a while and haven't accessed the site in such a long time, came back to it being offline. So sad! I hope Nay feels better and come back to us soon. It's my number one site to grab dramas and movies!

Nay, please feel better and come back!

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Jul 1st, '11, 11:12

Hmm, no silentregrets.com on my isp-nameserver (also missing on google ns 8.8.8.8 ).

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Jul 5th, '11, 07:40

Enster wrote:Mod Edit: DDL links removed.
What's this about? DDLs are not allowed here?

LizTaylor52

Post by LizTaylor52 » Jul 5th, '11, 07:50

lollercopter wrote:
Enster wrote:Mod Edit: DDL links removed.
What's this about? DDLs are not allowed here?
Nope ... it's in the rules, which I just read since I didn't know that DDL meant direct download links. Click on the Help (FAQ) link above then click on rules if you want to learn more.

munkymp3

Post by munkymp3 » Jul 6th, '11, 04:12

It's been a few years (3-4) since I last visited SR. I used to go there for all my K-drama fix but I stopped going because Korean dramas stopped interesting me until Dream High was released. Now I'm trying to find another that matches up (My Girlfriend is a Gumiho is pretty good so far). When I looked yesterday, I was really sad to get an error message. I really hope Nay is okay. I spoke to her a few times when she first started out but this is really odd.

The site doesn't have as big a selection with dramas as Nay's was but if anyone is on LiveJournal, haseon-x3 is a good place :D

Again, I really hope Nay is okay. It's all right if SR doesn't come back for a while—as long as she's not stressed out. She and her team had my respect because she did it for the sake of entertaining while places like Aja-Aja started becoming more and more self-entitled. The wars that went on were horrible but it seems like she never had that so she was well-respected (as this thread points out). I don't want it to become an obligation for her or anything. I wish I could have thanked her for everything or something.

Also, anyone who calls their site "Yellow Cinema" (now "My Asian Cinema"), you already know they have problems (refer to page 3 of this thread) [>_>]

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Jul 12th, '11, 18:41

I could probably put up a site similar to Silent Regrets, but would need a lot of help in terms of updating links and putting up new content. If people are willing to help, I am willing to start the project off.

Don't worry about not knowing how, once I set up the foundation it is easy. I would be willing to train you on how to update stuff.

Pepsi

Post by Pepsi » Jul 30th, '11, 12:29

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Silent regrets have always been my number 1 direct download source!! Just got back from a drama break and now i hear this bad news! Hope the site will come back in the future

In the mean time, does anyone knows any sites that have a comprehensive list of dramas with direct links like silent regrets (preferably megaupload or more popular ones) ? So rare to find a good site like SR. I really hate using torrents!

ciao!

dlethe01

Post by dlethe01 » Oct 11th, '11, 19:07

I hope the silentregrets site will be back for real: "This site is down for maintenance. Please check back again soon. ~Nay~ "

LizTaylor52

Post by LizTaylor52 » Oct 11th, '11, 20:33

awesome ... the fact that the page is back up with that message is a good sign as it was totally gone before ... keeping fingers and toes crossed!

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Jul 14th, '12, 18:49

I found this new site a while ago: http://hanazone.net
Theyre fairly new but seem to be updating quite regularly
I think Ill go there now for my DDLs :)