All about Bi <3

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Sammystic

Post by Sammystic » Jan 3rd, '06, 23:48

You guys are so lucky! I wish I could go too but I don't even live in the US... :-(

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Jan 4th, '06, 00:11

Just checked it out! I was going to say that there is a possibility of me going....

but sadly, it's on a THURSDAY night...and seeing how I have school and all....

I don't think so.

But maybe next time? It looks really cool! If you go, please share stories!

Calgirl00

Post by Calgirl00 » Jan 4th, '06, 01:02

guys.... and girlsss...
I am still debating that I should go or not.... I live in Cali. I really want to go.... but... I will go by myself and everything... I calculated all the expense... it will cost me $800 total to go for his concert.... so.. should I go????

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: rain coming to new york

Post by Kamui6 » Jan 4th, '06, 01:04

himenajima wrote:
dan12 wrote:yeahh hes having a concert in the us in new york on feb the 2nd i believe soo cool whos going[/qu
ote]

where when?? any info on tickets ? or venue? i der wanna gooo
you going? hmmm i think i might go... now where do i want to sit.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jan 4th, '06, 01:11

Darn! I wish I lived in NY...:(

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jan 4th, '06, 01:14

Darn...I wish he was performing on January 19th instead, I only have one finals test that day and then I can go home and I don't have to go to school friday :( ..woe is me

Calgirl00

Post by Calgirl00 » Jan 4th, '06, 01:19

Kamui.... I just checked the tickets... they sold a lot of them already.... so.. you might want to check them out too....

D-Addicts

Post by D-Addicts » Jan 4th, '06, 01:27

here's an idea, why don't all D-Addicts meet together at his concert?
I think it would be so much fun! :w00t:

blueMC

Post by blueMC » Jan 4th, '06, 03:35

himura_kaoru1 wrote: even with FH, the men thought the outfits made him fluff at first, but his being a smart ass in FH made up for the cheesy deep V neck outfits and the men got to enjoy the show eventually.

If pepsi allows him to keep his image and not dictate with the usual hong kong fare that we see in meet-and-greet events, then he could probably use this pepsi thing to solidify his hiphop image. but if pepsi makes him do the routine gimmicks--blech! :crazy: here's a question for those in america, what does Pepsi require american, specially the hiphop artists, to do? Do they have meet-and-greet-the-fans gatherings on a regular basis and dress in pepsi outfits, sing pepsi jingles, sip pepsi from plastic containers while trying to guess if its pepsi light or pepsi regular, swear an oath of loyalty to pepsi in a foreign language, and smile mindlessly for an hour while doing the V sign to the screaming pleasure of the fans?

i was looking at the pix of Snoop Dog and Jaime Foxx's new year's party and I was thinking, if Bi plans on entering the market where these guys rule, then he should hope his ala Sir Lancelot brandishing of a Pepsi sword[you should see this, he unsheated a sword from a fake rock in the middle of the stage and just started swinging it while people in white pepsi gowns(?) with chinese characters where doing something (dancing perhaps?)behind him] or dancing with an Pepsi umbrella will not be seen in America.
Precisely my point. If he had maintained that hip-hop image from the start, that's the image that Pepsi would have to deal with and not the cutesy-faced comedian from Full House. Given that he has to do all those cheesy stuff for the meet-and-greets, what matters is how he does them and how he conducts himself in front of the fans to maintain that hip-hop image.

Now there lies the problem. If hip-hop is only an image for him, not his lifestyle nor attitude.... then you'd still have to wonder if he is indeed the real thing.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jan 4th, '06, 05:57

Calgirl00 wrote:guys.... and girlsss...
I am still debating that I should go or not.... I live in Cali. I really want to go.... but... I will go by myself and everything... I calculated all the expense... it will cost me $800 total to go for his concert.... so.. should I go????
yup,u should :thumright: Bi is worth it :P

you guys are lucky u can go......i don't live in NY and i'm broke :-( man,i wish i can go :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jan 4th, '06, 07:53

Seat location: section 203, row U, ??? <-- :cry: I wanted a better seat

Calgirl00

Post by Calgirl00 » Jan 4th, '06, 08:03

do you all think that he will have a concert in Califonia someday??? Because there are more Korean here in California. I think I just gonna wait for that day to come. In the mean time, I still really really want to go... I am going to check the airline and hotel now... wish me luck all....

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jan 4th, '06, 08:23

Wow, this is pretty awesome. I would go but eh, tix are a bit pricey for a debut, none of my friends would go, and it's on a Thursday night ;__; Can't go to NY w/ work the next day. I kinda thought if he would debut here it would be after he worked on speaking English better. From what I remember he really struggles w/ it. I <3 Bi though....good luck to him! Hope they put this concert out on DVD b/c I can't go ;__; We'll see what happens....

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jan 4th, '06, 08:29

Calgirl00 wrote:do you all think that he will have a concert in Califonia someday??? Because there are more Korean here in California. I think I just gonna wait for that day to come. In the mean time, I still really really want to go... I am going to check the airline and hotel now... wish me luck all....
He was a part of a mini concert here in California. (At UC Berkeley). I think it was like a year or two ago. So, it could happen again. :-)

devotee

Post by devotee » Jan 4th, '06, 13:16

your school had him? At your school's "mini-concert"?? That's so neat! My school made a big deal about having snoop dog :glare: at our concert last year.....

Honestly,,,,, (can you imagine?)

Foxy babe

Post by Foxy babe » Jan 4th, '06, 19:19

As someone from southeast asia, my image of Pepsi Hong Kong is : gay, cheesy, fluf, cheesy, strange, and cheesy yet again. Of the few times I watched any of their events, I couldn't understand what the endorsers were wearing, or whatever it was they did on stage. The whole image or branding of the product is a complete mystery to me. Are the endorsers just supposed to look, I don't know...GAY? So that being the case, I think it was a bad move for Rain to take the Pepsi endorsement. His hiphop image just does not go with all that mumbo jumbo and I wouldn't be surprised if he ran to JYP crying foul after he had to brandish that sword on stage. jesus, who thought of that? Now if it were Pepsi USA, that would be another story.

himura_kaoru1

Post by himura_kaoru1 » Jan 4th, '06, 19:51

blueMC wrote:
himura_kaoru1 wrote: even with FH, the men thought the outfits made him fluff at first, but his being a smart ass in FH made up for the cheesy deep V neck outfits and the men got to enjoy the show eventually.

If pepsi allows him to keep his image and not dictate with the usual hong kong fare that we see in meet-and-greet events, then he could probably use this pepsi thing to solidify his hiphop image. but if pepsi makes him do the routine gimmicks--blech! :crazy: here's a question for those in america, what does Pepsi require american, specially the hiphop artists, to do? Do they have meet-and-greet-the-fans gatherings on a regular basis and dress in pepsi outfits, sing pepsi jingles, sip pepsi from plastic containers while trying to guess if its pepsi light or pepsi regular, swear an oath of loyalty to pepsi in a foreign language, and smile mindlessly for an hour while doing the V sign to the screaming pleasure of the fans?

i was looking at the pix of Snoop Dog and Jaime Foxx's new year's party and I was thinking, if Bi plans on entering the market where these guys rule, then he should hope his ala Sir Lancelot brandishing of a Pepsi sword[you should see this, he unsheated a sword from a fake rock in the middle of the stage and just started swinging it while people in white pepsi gowns(?) with chinese characters where doing something (dancing perhaps?)behind him] or dancing with an Pepsi umbrella will not be seen in America.
Precisely my point. If he had maintained that hip-hop image from the start, that's the image that Pepsi would have to deal with and not the cutesy-faced comedian from Full House. Given that he has to do all those cheesy stuff for the meet-and-greets, what matters is how he does them and how he conducts himself in front of the fans to maintain that hip-hop image.

Now there lies the problem. If hip-hop is only an image for him, not his lifestyle nor attitude.... then you'd still have to wonder if he is indeed the real thing.
He became an actor, and if you're an actor, you can't say "I will only accept hiphop roles."(if there is such thing). you have to be versatile, prove you can work on any role. regardless of what movies he makes, as long as he acts well and the script is good, how could it pull down his career as a singer? it will only make him a respected all around talent. He had the cheesy FH, the sad Sangdoo, the tragic IJUKSA; which only proves he is a talented actor.

But his international goal is not an actor, its a singer. And he has maintained his hiphop/r and b genre since his debut, until he started dancing to the cheesy beat of the pepsi jingle, wearing that tacky Pepsi uniform. He literally danced in the streets of korea instead of going to school because he wanted so badly to dance. he freestyled in the bus stops, in the subway, even at the lot behind his school with other delinquents. i wonder what his ecstatic chinese fans who love his FH cute character would think if they knew he cut classes, ran away from home, and used his tuition fee to buy a boom box so he could practice dancing...the image is not cute at all, and i dont think pepsi will endorse that side of him.

Lets be realistic, ask a random american what he thinks about asian hiphop, and he'd probably say its not hardcore enough, and that its second rate to american hiphop. that is the audience bi will try to win, and Pepsi's circus-themed meet-and-greet events are not gonna help dispell the fluff asian image. honestly, have you seen any, even just one pepsi show featuring their guy endorser? if you have, tell me about it, tell what you thought, and tell me if the western male audience wouldn't switch channels when they see it.

edison chen, one of the endorsers is suppose to be hiphop, but even though he speaks english like an american, raps, and acts like a hyper mtv celebrity, his chances of breaking into the american market is slim. i saw him in a meet-and-greet event and i was thinking he looked like a sad lump in his pepsi uniform. the american audience would probably think so too. you cannot maintain your hiphop lifestyle in asian pepsi marketing...edison has tried, vanness wu has tried, but they all looked just likefake smiling endorsers to me.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Jan 4th, '06, 20:28

He became an actor, and if you're an actor, you can't say "I will only accept hiphop roles."(if there is such thing). you have to be versatile, prove you can work on any role. regardless of what movies he makes, as long as he acts well and the script is good, how could it pull down his career as a singer? it will only make him a respected all around talent. He had the cheesy FH, the sad Sangdoo, the tragic IJUKSA; which only proves he is a talented actor.
i can't believe why you can't accept his Pespi work, if you can understand what you just said. you said he should be versatile so he is, accepting the Pepsi work is no different from cheesy roles you just mentioned. Bi can't be picky when it comes to work that his agency gives him, if Bi's talent agency thinks it will be good for him, and Bi is going to get good pay out of it, he should shoot for it. instead of criticizing him in his Pepsi stunts, you should be happy for him and trust him not to end up like the artist you just criticized to death. you should respect other artists like we are respecting Bi. even if they look stupid, you shouldn't say things that are offensive. you don't know if some of their followers are reading this thread.
Last edited by bugsie on Jan 4th, '06, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

Corona

Post by Corona » Jan 4th, '06, 20:41

I don't see the big deal here, it's just a brand, be it Coke or pepsi or Fernandez for all I care. But since it's such a big international brand I'm sure Bi's manager(s)/team would have been cheering at a chance to make this another stepping stone into international succes. And hey, I'm sure the money isn't bad ;)

If Pepsi came knocking at my door I'd say yes in a flash even if they'd asked me to dress up like an elephant in a tutu, believe me when I say that's more horrible then what Bi's doing.

F4 did the pepsi thing..didn't see any problem with that either. Brands, sponsering and the like are often nessecary for publicity and money to keep on flowing and not only with an artist as Bi. It's everywhere, just look around.

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Jan 5th, '06, 06:04

Bi... :blink ...thats not a MAN...hes A GOD!!!!!!!! OM !GOSH! :w00t:
and on top of that im the top topic of tha page....I have to put a PIX!

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jan 5th, '06, 06:26

angelyly wrote:Bi... :blink ...thats not a MAN...hes A GOD!!!!!!!! OM !GOSH! :w00t:
:lol welcome to the wonderful thread for Bi :cheers: and nice pic of Bi :wub:

imisu

Post by imisu » Jan 5th, '06, 06:30

he has the same birthday as me!! YAAY ok the only thing i dont like about him are his legs

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Jan 5th, '06, 06:32

Jecky wrote:
angelyly wrote:Bi... :blink ...thats not a MAN...hes A GOD!!!!!!!! OM !GOSH! :w00t:
:lol welcome to the wonderful thread for Bi :cheers: and nice pic of Bi :wub:
:lol THANXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!....I dont know much of Bi...I just first saw him in Full House...aint finish Yet...and Sangdoo(also not done)...nyways...I saw him Dance and Sing...shish!...WHUT A GODDDDDDD!!!!!!!.....hahaha..!!!! :wub:

and link for you JECKY and for yall!!!!!....haha...funny one..

http://www.youtube.com/?v=A3M5IynZWDA

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jan 5th, '06, 21:15

thanks sooo much for that link,angelyly :mrgreen: that was sooo funny!!!!! :rofl: i saw that video a couple of months ago in my cousin's house and when i saw it again today i crack up even more!!! :lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: thanks again!!!! :lol

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Jan 5th, '06, 22:00

Personally I dont think be will make it into the American market. Firstly, I think his music isn't all that good and im probably not the only one here, and because he's asian and no matter what we do its almost impossible to penetrate the white market. Maybe he'll create a dent but that might be all he will do.

and yeah your topic headline was "do u think pepsi was a bad move in his goal to make it into the american market" then maybe we wouldnt have wasted all this arguing lol. But still..... yes it was unnecessary for him to do pepsi since he has money and he doesnt need any more asian fans. Was it a bad MOVE in his going to american market? hm... I would still say No. His commercials are catered to the asian market and will only be televised in asia. And if americans saw it, it would be downloaded from the internet of course. But stil... only people who know him and what he's capable of will download it. And plus people arent that ignorant... if they see his MEET and GREET thing as u say and they'll say, oh he's gay... then that person seriously has some judgemental issues. But that wouldnt make or break his effort to join the US market...
The only thing that will effect his popularity in the US is what he has done in the past with his music and what he is going to do with his music. And even his dramas might dictate some of his popularity. Ppl might say, "Oh wow that crazy bastard in FH is a singer? lets check out his music", or vice versa, "woah that guy who sang in new york is in that popular tv series FH? lets check it out."

The odd person in america who happens to come upon a video clip of his Pepsi commercials or meet and greet clips will most likely not i repeat not do this
"Oh man this guy is gay, screw this guy im gonna boycott this bastard, i will dislike him from now on, his music, his acting, i wont even give it a chance because i believe this guy is gay from this commercial which he is making millions off from."

so do i think it was a bad move?? hm....The only thing he wasted was TIME he could have taken to better his english? Time he can invest in his songs? I guess it would be bad if his doing pepsi will deter the odd person from US to boycott anything from Bi based on his commercials and swingin swords.

and plus im pretty sure Bi isnt a stupid guy as well as his marketing team and manager, they know if it will be a bad move or not. Obviously they know it wont affect the american market......I honestly dont understand how u can think its SUCH a bad move the way u say it.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Jan 6th, '06, 23:24

I thought they looked good together. She doesn't look ugly & she has a decent look. She might not be as pretty as any other actresses but I find her attractive in her own way & she could be very pretty at times. She's one of those people who dun use a lot of makeup and will look the same with or without it. She's become one of my favorite actresses after watching her in Let's Go To School Sang Doo. I've watched her in other films and she's very talented. Looks aren't always everything, it's the personality that counts.
Last edited by azndgn26 on Mar 18th, '06, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

boji

Post by boji » Jan 7th, '06, 05:04

im watching full house again right now lol oh yeah does anyone have that picture of bi in full house...that picture in his room the one that lights up?

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Jan 8th, '06, 04:38

Jecky wrote:thanks sooo much for that link,angelyly :mrgreen: that was sooo funny!!!!! :rofl: i saw that video a couple of months ago in my cousin's house and when i saw it again today i crack up even more!!! :lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: thanks again!!!! :lol
hey NP NP!!!....hihih!!! :dopey: :lol

himura_kaoru1

Post by himura_kaoru1 » Jan 8th, '06, 08:01

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Jan 8th, '06, 08:34

wow, what a huge emotional uproar over a pepsi endorsement...
i know with the actors and singers i like, i'm glad to see them in whatever they do...
if they make total jackasses of themselves, i'll laugh about it, but not like them less... i think it's good not to take that stuff too seriously... so he plays the trained monkey for pepsi.... big whoop...
doesn't make him less talented, just a guy with a nose for money... and whether or not this betters or slims his chances for the american market... i'm sure his advisors have a more educated take on that...
what i don't get is how one can get so heated over this issue... aren't there better causes to get this passionate about?

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 8th, '06, 10:04

Hey guys i found a youtube where Bi gets punked! its soo funny...oh if you guys are wondering who the girl (the one playing the piano) she was from Kim Sam Soon. :thumright:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=15AhO1axPLU

edit:opps...forgot to put url....lol

himura_kaoru1

Post by himura_kaoru1 » Jan 8th, '06, 15:01

ironicwave wrote: what i don't get is how one can get so heated over this issue... aren't there better causes to get this passionate about?
of course there are. but humans have the capacity to feel passion for both the mundane and the profound. so why question? this is just one topic of a conversation. :alcoholic:

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Jan 8th, '06, 19:39

xKiMix wrote:Hey guys i found a youtube where Bi gets punked! its soo funny...oh if you guys are wondering who the girl (the one playing the piano) she was from Kim Sam Soon. :thumright:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=15AhO1axPLU

edit:opps...forgot to put url....lol
hey hey!...thanx for the link..really funny...by the way...the gurl...she is the one who play Shes On Duty?....if U dunno the movie...REALLY A GOOD MOVIE!!!!!!...I like her...shes old a bit but cute!! :mrgreen:
Attachments
she on duty!
she on duty!
shes on duty.jpg (98.57 KiB) Viewed 4798 times

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 9th, '06, 01:16

^^ I haven't watched that movie, yet but it looks interesting. She was hilarious in My name is Kim Sam Soon.

I hope Bi will have a US tour and come here to the Bay Area!! :cry: *crosses fingers*

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Jan 9th, '06, 03:51

xKiMix wrote:^^ I haven't watched that movie, yet but it looks interesting. She was hilarious in My name is Kim Sam Soon.

I hope Bi will have a US tour and come here to the Bay Area!! :cry: *crosses fingers*
Oh!!!...u didnt see it yet?!? you miss something...it is good yeah...I didnt see the My name is Kim Sam Soon...and yeah..I know I miss something too...but soon has I can..I will..hihihi...and I cross ma fingers for the US tour of Bi!4 you!!! hihi!!!
Attachments
Full House
Full House
000615.jpg (102.12 KiB) Viewed 4771 times

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Jan 9th, '06, 06:13

Business wise, it was a smart move for Bi.

By becoming a Pepsi endorser, Bi secures a great amount of sponsorship from Pepsi which = to more concerts and tours (bigger stage, better locations), better album (financially backed i.e. better producers, etc) better promotion and marketing campaign for his albums, he is also able to take on more risk in his career, a small price to pay for fooling around with an umbrella heh? And most of all this benefits the fans

The extend of such a sponsorship does not end there…. The Pepsi sponsorship will also attract other sponsors. By securing a large sponsorship like Pepsi, other sponsor will feel more at ease and confident when splurging on Bi. Coz ultimately when Pepsi signs an artist to their family it can be assured that the artist will generate income and profitable return in exchange for their sponsorship. All of Pepsi’s artists are a success in their own field.

Take on for instance Jay Chou, he image (after his second album) = dark, moody. Yes he might look ridicules for a second when participating in “embarrassing” Pepsi events but his overall image is not affected. And that’s because the artist himself has build himself an image/brand which the public associates with to himself or the management company is on the right direction.

F4, lets face it. Jerry Yan cannot sing. They do not click as a group. Them as a boyband sorely lacks talent. But heck, they generated $$$. They managed to reach out to almost the entire asia and their albums as well as their promotions were seen everywhere. But when you take away the Pepsi sponsorship and other large sponsor who weren’t interested in sponsoring them individually they are no longer the “superstars” they used to be… Ken Zhu’s soft rock album with his band Free Bird that he painstakingly put together was practically unheard off despite it being a good effort and had rather good songs in it. Vanness Wu (who style is almost alike with Bi and has a rather strong voice) R&B album did reasonably well but lacked the right promotion and marketing. Vic Chou is reduced to drama actor and a ballad boy. The F3 (Ken, Van, Vic) who scored the least sponsorship are less popular despite having more talent than their counterpart Jerry Yan whose talent is still evasive.

Think Pepsi is ridicules?? Lets look at LeeHom. Some of his events are sponsored by some random toothpaste brand and some random beauty salon for woman. It was ridicules gazing up the stage only to see (behind LeeHom) a large tube of toothpaste and some random pictures of girls (who aren’t even THAT pretty) printed on the stage’s backdrop.

So… technically if Bi is not making money he will not grow as an artist. No America, less tours & concerts, and ppl from other parts of the world and asia will not be able to listen to his songs and watch his drama.

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Jan 9th, '06, 07:04

i have the picture ;]
the picture in full house that lights up in his room super sexy guys!
Attachments
have the picture ;]
<br />the picture in full house that lights up in his room super sexy guys!
have the picture ;]
Rain 206.jpg (27.9 KiB) Viewed 4764 times

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 9th, '06, 07:10

Shorty wrote:i have the picture ;]
I love that picture!!! i wouldn't mid having that in my room! i bet i could stare at it for hours!

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Jan 9th, '06, 07:11

woohoo bis comin to ny this feb 2nd to have a concert xD
cant wait..! front row baby! aja aja fightinq!!

cees

Post by cees » Jan 9th, '06, 21:33

i think that he can find better women other than her....coz she is not my type and not that pretty
Attachments
Gong_Hyo_Jin.jpg
Gong_Hyo_Jin.jpg (46.45 KiB) Viewed 4306 times

ChuChuIce

Post by ChuChuIce » Jan 10th, '06, 18:11

Me!! They diffently need to make another movie 2gether
They are such a lovely couple :lol
And for Shin Min iew /kicks her away from Bi
I hate her, really dun like her and the later episodes of A love to kill dunno Why??
So no more acting ... For them 2gether...

But Bi+Song Hye Kye = :wub:
And i would like 2 see Wonbin with Song Hye Kye :D
Love them so Muchu...
(*Kidnaps Shin Min and trows her into The Sea*)

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jan 13th, '06, 06:44

I hate to be in guys place when they have to reject a women. there is no nice way. it really embaressing for Rain. but he is a nice guy he will get out of it, but as for the actress I guess she was right what is there not to like.

bunnypumpkin

Post by bunnypumpkin » Jan 14th, '06, 01:22

I think they hould make another movie together cuz they look sooo cute together...
...they just fit :wub:

Rubee

Post by Rubee » Jan 14th, '06, 01:55

Yeah, I like Bi ^^
watched "a love to kill".... great !!! soo sad =(
anyone heard his new single "sad tango" in japanese.
he's sooo HOT !!!!

chomania1986

Post by chomania1986 » Jan 15th, '06, 11:30

xLilVietDevilx wrote:she cant kiss, chemistry in full house was OK, not that great, bi has a MUCH BETTER ROLE in a love to kill than in full house. i dont get y people love that one so much =/ i think bi is great n all but i hated full house.
Can you name any drama/movie in which the kiss by the main actors does not look forced and ridiculous? Well, I couldn't...
That was always buggin' me in kdramas and movies: They can't kiss!
It just looks so unnatural and unromantic. They're not even moving their lips or their mouths. Many of the actors probably had their first kiss in a drama/movie.
I mean they just touch each other's lips like some freakin' chinese baboons..

VioletGirl

Post by VioletGirl » Jan 15th, '06, 11:41

:wub: I love Full House.. Da series was great..one of my all time fav... :wub:
Rain and Song Hye Kyo looks great together....
*Figures cross* hopes they make another serie together...

VioletGirl

Post by VioletGirl » Jan 15th, '06, 11:47

:O oppz, did not read da topic carefully.... we are talking abt them making a movie together...
well..either way.. i love to see anything with them together... would put a smile on my day..

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Jan 15th, '06, 12:08

i love to see them together !
i don't like the actor which she acts with in "my girl and I"
he is so ......!

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Jan 15th, '06, 12:20

meee!!!! i do! song hye kyo is so pretty and rain is omg hot! they derfinately should make a movie together.

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Jan 15th, '06, 13:07

yeps it's true that bi " was" dating gong hyo ji, but im not sure wats happening now.
i like gong hyo ji, shes not that bad i reckon she looks good and pretty! =] and and very down to earth!! i like the way she laugh as well! so cute!!!
Attachments
gonghyojinn.jpg
gonghyojinn.jpg (77.18 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
gonghyojinn2o_1412_237992_1.jpg
gonghyojinn2o_1412_237992_1.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
gonghyojinn2o_1412_126913_1.jpg
gonghyojinn2o_1412_126913_1.jpg (82.67 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
gonghyojinn2o.jpg
gonghyojinn2o.jpg (42.89 KiB) Viewed 4270 times

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jan 15th, '06, 13:34

You should all be happy that Bi chooses to date plain-looking women. Inner qualities and all that. :lol

I don't think she's that pretty either. I don't why, but something about the Korean actress look appeals less to me than the Japanese look. *shrugs*

cees

Post by cees » Jan 15th, '06, 17:58

thanx every1 4 the pix.....and i recommend every1 2 c a love 2 kill he looks hot in black hair and in a bodyguard character
i want 2 ask if some1 knows where i can dl Bi's songs????? Plz pm 4 that

cees

Post by cees » Jan 15th, '06, 18:08

baby-v13t wrote:no they were good in full house but i don' think i want to see them act together anymore...to be honest i think rain and shin min ah are actually better lol =p
i think Rain acted better with shin min coz their kiss was real but i want 2 see him acting with Song coz i liked them in full house

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jan 16th, '06, 07:06

i watched him in A Love to Kill too just recently and he's doing such a good job acting :thumright: i'm only in the first 4 episodes and from what i've seen, he had gotten better in his acting. i hope he makes a new drama soon :mrgreen:

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 16th, '06, 10:05

cees wrote:thanx every1 4 the pix.....and i recommend every1 2 c a love 2 kill he looks hot in black hair and in a bodyguard character
I have all 3 of his albums, if there are enough requests i can upload them on direct links.
Or you can always buy them in yesasia or search for it online in kpop forums :-)
Last edited by xKiMix on Jan 16th, '06, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 16th, '06, 10:05

cees wrote:thanx every1 4 the pix.....and i recommend every1 2 c a love 2 kill he looks hot in black hair and in a bodyguard character
I have all 3 of his albums, if there are enough requests i can upload them on direct links.
Or you can alwaya buy them in yesasia :-)

evercute

Post by evercute » Jan 18th, '06, 15:48

himura_kaoru1: do you hate F4 that much? :P

Anyway, in regards to your question, no, I don't think these Pepsi endorsements are a bad move. In terms of Asia, it's a damn good move. If Bi wants to go internationally, it wouldn't affect his image either, since his Pepsi stuff is only publicised in Asia. American stars have had their cheesy Japanese ads going on for ages and it hasn't affected their image at all. Everyone knows about them, but no one gives a crap.

tracycutie

Post by tracycutie » Jan 18th, '06, 16:10

i'm a fan of bi and most of the pepsi endorsers are my also favorite artists, like F4, Jay Chou, Jolin, Edison...etc....i really don't see anything wrong with this...i think both Bi (& other celeb endorser) and Pepsi can gain from this i don't see what the pessimism against bi and his career for the doing this endorsement...i mean it's just another product, a sponsor, more publicity, big talent fee etc...and it's not like this is the only endorsement he's doing...and IMO being a pepsi endorser only proves that you're one of those asian superstars (seeing that you are along the ranks of the other superstar celebs....why so negative?

himura_kaoru1

Post by himura_kaoru1 » Jan 19th, '06, 15:30

evercute wrote:himura_kaoru1: do you hate F4 that much? :P

Anyway, in regards to your question, no, I don't think these Pepsi endorsements are a bad move. In terms of Asia, it's a damn good move. If Bi wants to go internationally, it wouldn't affect his image either, since his Pepsi stuff is only publicised in Asia. American stars have had their cheesy Japanese ads going on for ages and it hasn't affected their image at all. Everyone knows about them, but no one gives a crap.
are you kidding me that no ones gives a crap? why do u think the japanese endorsements stay in japan? because brad pitt does not want the american public to see him modeling denims in a cheesy japanese ad or that ben affleck doesnt want to be seen endorsing some italian food. they ads never see the light of day in america, and that is part of the contract why these american stars agreed to accept the endorsement in the first place. people know about the commercials (how could they not in this day and age), but the american stars would prefer less people outside japan or europe to know about them.

Look, even if these commercials are strictly distributed in asia, why do people outside still get wind of it? same goes for the cheesy pepsi endorsements Bi will make EXCLUSIVELY for asia. People outside asia will know about it.

I dont hate F4. I am just stating facts:

1.) they cant sing well enough that they should be having concerts
2.) only vanness can dance
3.) they are average actors-- not bad, not excellent, just average.
4.)they do cheesy pepsi endorsements (hello, flying while chasing a giant robot at the middle of the desert? holding and firing toy guns on a pepsi event?)

where is the lie there?

x3juliet

Post by x3juliet » Jan 20th, '06, 06:38

upload please ^_^

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

English!

Post by Saragorn » Jan 21st, '06, 06:32

This may have already been posted, but I saw a hilarious short (too short :() clip from YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/w/Rain-Talking-I ... ch=english

Besides the fact that he only says three (?) different words, I really like how he says them... such a cute voice... :wub:

blueMC

Post by blueMC » Jan 26th, '06, 16:01

himura_kaoru1 wrote:Look, even if these commercials are strictly distributed in asia, why do people outside still get wind of it? same goes for the cheesy pepsi endorsements Bi will make EXCLUSIVELY for asia. People outside asia will know about it.
if he can create good hiphop music, i don't think his future US fans would care much about what he did for the Pepsi meet-and-greet. if his current Asian fans are worried that it will destroy his hiphop image, why blame it on Pepsi? Pepsi will not create an image for its endorser, nor can it destroy an artist's image if it's already well-established in the first place. if it's about wasting his time, a meet-and-greet would only take away a day or two from his schedule, unlike the months he'd have to spend to make a TV series.

himura_kaoru1

Post by himura_kaoru1 » Jan 26th, '06, 17:46

was browsing through soompi and i dropped in a huge thread about bi's chances in america....

he was called flamer and too feminine several times for the american audience(these comments by people who ARE in america). yeah, and pepsi will absolutely contribute to make his image more foppish. i don't blame pepsi for america's prejudice against asian artists, but pepsi's cheesiness will certainly not help Bi.

i dont care if pepsi is an established brand...PEPSI ASIA markets its stars differently from PEPSI AMERICA and the men here look gay to me. They may not be(even I have doubts seeing how Aaron Kwok swished and swiveled in the Pepsi meet-and-greet I attended *shudders*), but even a tinge of speculation is not a good deal.

mail

What's next for Bi/Rain after A Love to Kill?

Post by mail » Jan 28th, '06, 02:39

:D

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Jan 28th, '06, 08:34

Probably focusing on his music career for a bit, at the very least. He is coming to have a concert in the US.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jan 28th, '06, 08:55

Just wanted to share a pic that I took of Bi's wax figure while I was in S. Korea. They even had a little bit of hair near his belly button! So realistic! :lol If you look at his right hand, some fingers are missing... I think some fangirls might have snatched them as souvineers. :O
Attachments
Bi's wax figure.
Bi's wax figure.
IMG_0080.jpg (52.66 KiB) Viewed 4591 times

ukno

Rain to appear on TRL in NY. some1 please capture!!!

Post by ukno » Jan 28th, '06, 10:07

Sorry, I don't have cable. haha.
==================================
MTV introduces Rain to US

The foreign media have recently introduced singer Rain, who is scheduled to perform at the New York Medison Square Garden Theater Feb. 2-3 in the United States.

Rain recently gave phone interviews to The New York Times and The New York Post. The two newspapers asked the singer about his childhood, family, his collaboration with producer Park Jin-young and his influence on Rain's career, the singer's future plans, his roles in TV dramas, and his secret to gaining popularity throughout Asia.

Prior to his concert, Rain and Park will give a two-hour interview on Feb. 3 at MTV's Total Request Live studio located in Manhattan, New York. The interview will be held in a transluscent glass studio so that the singer's fans can watch it as it records.

Held at MTV's request, the interview, entitled "Rain Special," will be broadcast throughout the entire American region via MTV News, the Chinese-language broadcaster MTV CHI and MTV K. MTV International will later air the interview worldwide.

Rain's agency, JYP Entertainment, reported Jan. 24 that top American stars will appear as guests at Rain's New York concert. The agency also added that tickets to the concert have already been sold out amid attention from globally renowned record firms, advertisement agencies and the mass media.

Rain is currently promoting his first single "Sad Tango," and will leave for the United States Jan. 31.

source: http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/ ... 11858.html

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 28th, '06, 10:08

He just released a new Japanese single, Sad Tango: http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 004094777/

cees

Post by cees » Jan 28th, '06, 10:19

i really want 2 c it too.....plz capture it and upload it 4 us

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jan 28th, '06, 11:04

He will be in Director Park Chan-wook´s next movie "Cyborg Girl" !

cees

Post by cees » Jan 28th, '06, 15:24

i wish 2 see Bi's wax figure 4 real and iam telling u amrayu the whole figure will be mising if i went....looool :P
i didnt know that Bi dont know 2 speak english....... :scratch:
Last edited by cees on Jan 28th, '06, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

cees

Post by cees » Jan 28th, '06, 15:29

xKiMix wrote:
Or you can always buy them in yesasia or search for it online in kpop forums :-)
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ :pray: ...........upload them iam telling u many ppl wants them too and if i ever saw Bi i will tell him about u and get his signature 4 u (dreaming) :cheers:

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Jan 28th, '06, 15:33

That's Bi !!!!
This dozn't look like him AT ALL !
But I already knew about him speaking English ^_^

cees

Post by cees » Jan 28th, '06, 15:43

these r new pix that i have....enjoy
Attachments
5os49f0nh.gif
5os49f0nh.gif (72.47 KiB) Viewed 4544 times
full house
full house
000615_209.jpg (102.12 KiB) Viewed 4544 times
CUTE!!!!
CUTE!!!!
002002053_S.jpg (25.22 KiB) Viewed 4544 times
animated Rain
animated Rain
cuterain1.gif (30.32 KiB) Viewed 4544 times

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 28th, '06, 15:51

cees wrote:
xKiMix wrote:
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ :pray: ...........upload them iam telling u many ppl wants them too and if i ever saw Bi i will tell him about u and get his signature 4 u (dreaming) :cheers:
:lol sure thing. Just keep checking later today, because i'm not at home right now so i'm unable to upload it, but i will later! :D

I miss Bi, i hope he gets a new drama soon! and i'm so jealous i'm not in New York, and did you guys here soompi was raffling out tickets, but to New York residents only. That just killed me :cry: i'm in pain...... :cry: :cry: