All about Bi <3

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
adora

Post by adora » Jan 6th, '07, 04:11

nrg_hot330 wrote:
ChuChuIce wrote:Well i dun really like Hyori ... she looks similar like Boa, but Boa is way much prettier =P
And she can dance way more beter dan Hyori !!
Thats why i would say they will make a nice combo :D Why dun i ever see them work 2gether? They are so famoust =(

I love SHK but ... uhhmmm... can she even dance ?? :lol
and for kim sungsoo... Who is she ??
it's not she, it's he... Kim Sungsoo is the other guy in Fullhouse. i'd like to see him with SGH.
Hyoree dances way better than Boa. that's why she was chosen as the sexiest korean women.. :x
Kim sung soo's acting was horrible. Bi was so much better at it and he was pretty much a newbie then. Hyoree dances a lot more sexy with revealing clothes. I don't think Hyoree is that great of a dancer.. she's more concerned about her image when she dances. Boa is more technical and more "cool" style. There is rumors that Hyoree and Bi had a one night fling together a while back.. I don't like her because she copies Jennifer Lopez and other American artists way too much. I mean it's one thing to get influenced but all of her is pretty much copied. She's a decent dancer but it's not excellent because she's way too concerned with ONLY looking sexy in everything.. and she's even a worse singer...She needs to train her vocals more and pick better songs. She over sexes herself.. that's why she's as popular as she is. Most of all she should stop copying American Female singers.. Even her wardrobe, music, dance, hair makeup, songs.. are Extremely copied. It makes me nervous the western world is going to pick up on it one day and smear it all over the papers.. "Korean female artist copies everything"

adora

Post by adora » Jan 6th, '07, 04:22

autumnleaves wrote:No, I would not like to see Bi and SHG in another drama and I have never liked them together. Bi and Shin Min Ah makes a better couple plus I believe that the BiMinah is beating out the Bi and SHG madness. Bi and SHG was great in Full House but that is old news. Bi and SHG makes a super sexy couple instead. :roll
Actually no. people have been saying Bi and SHin Min ah have no real chemistry together.. Plus I find Shin Min ah quite wierd looking and plain. She isn't known to be an outstanding beauty.. people who like her say she's pretty but no one says she's beautiful. Plus she's not charming at all in my opinion. I can't understand why she has any popularity at all. They said that Bi and Kim Sarang had more chemistry than Bi/Shin Minah.

Also.. Bi become close friends in real life ONLY with Song Hye Gyo. He visited her just this past October on the set of her shooting a movie Hwang Jini. He brought a packed lunch for her and they ate together. She then walked him to his car.

cindytangstore

Post by cindytangstore » Jan 6th, '07, 16:09

Hello! Will like to share with you gals this Rain 2007 calendar! Enjoy!

[img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/ ... combin.jpg[/img]

liu_xing_girl

Post by liu_xing_girl » Jan 18th, '07, 04:28

TO ALL FILIPINO RAIN FANS:

If you're wondering whether Rain will be having a concert here, I just found out about this from Cloudph (Rain's official fans club in the Phils). Apparently, record executives, concert organisers, and TV executives were not aware that Rain has quite a number of fans here in the phils. StarM (the one handling Rain's concert tour) has initially offered some local producers to bring Rain here but the latter declined since they thought no one would want to see Rain :-( .

They have brought this out to MCA & Warner who promised to try to bring Rain here for a promo tour once they've established that he has a strong fanbase here. So whether his concert will push through here will depend on us fans(mostly).

So, in behalf of Cloudph, we are appealing to all Rain fans in the phils to make some noise & let our presence be known. If you have contacts w/ radio stations/tv networks that could help in the matter pls let them know that lots of his fans here want to see him perform. I'm sure staffs of Cloudph would want additional help too. So continue to spread some Rain-lovin' & help bring Rain in the Phils.

For starters, we can now vote for his I'm Coming MV in MYX. Just text MYX VOTE I'M COMING & send to 2366. Continue to buy his Eternal Rain album (w/c is already out in the market) & his soon to be released 4th album (by end of Jan from what I heard).

Since he is currently promoting his album this may be our best & only chance of seeing him in person soon so I really hope someone can help us out. If we were able to get JYPE's attention I bet we could also do it locally. Thanks & Aja Aja Fighting!!! :lol

RainingWendy

Post by RainingWendy » Jan 18th, '07, 23:53

cindytangstore wrote:Hello! Will like to share with you gals this Rain 2007 calendar! Enjoy!

[img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/ ... combin.jpg[/img]

thanks he looks soo ace in that picture!

mercury0601

Post by mercury0601 » Jan 19th, '07, 10:46

liu_xing_girl wrote:TO ALL FILIPINO RAIN FANS:

If you're wondering whether Rain will be having a concert here, I just found out about this from Cloudph (Rain's official fans club in the Phils). Apparently, record executives, concert organisers, and TV executives were not aware that Rain has quite a number of fans here in the phils. StarM (the one handling Rain's concert tour) has initially offered some local producers to bring Rain here but the latter declined since they thought no one would want to see Rain :-( .

They have brought this out to MCA & Warner who promised to try to bring Rain here for a promo tour once they've established that he has a strong fanbase here. So whether his concert will push through here will depend on us fans(mostly).

So, in behalf of Cloudph, we are appealing to all Rain fans in the phils to make some noise & let our presence be known. If you have contacts w/ radio stations/tv networks that could help in the matter pls let them know that lots of his fans here want to see him perform. I'm sure staffs of Cloudph would want additional help too. So continue to spread some Rain-lovin' & help bring Rain in the Phils.

For starters, we can now vote for his I'm Coming MV in MYX. Just text MYX VOTE I'M COMING & send to 2366. Continue to buy his Eternal Rain album (w/c is already out in the market) & his soon to be released 4th album (by end of Jan from what I heard).

Since he is currently promoting his album this may be our best & only chance of seeing him in person soon so I really hope someone can help us out. If we were able to get JYPE's attention I bet we could also do it locally. Thanks & Aja Aja Fighting!!! :lol
ah.. i was wondering about that. yes it's true that it's not obvious that rain does have a fan base. i was quite surprised when my sister asked me when is rain coming here and she would like to watch his concert. i didnt even know my own sister's a fan. haha.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jan 20th, '07, 04:36

Love Birain, man

RainingWendy

Post by RainingWendy » Jan 22nd, '07, 19:05

I got a question does Bi have like an online journal or some type thing just wondering... since i know a lot of artists when they are free or on tour usually have this road journal type thing.

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Jan 23rd, '07, 00:16

liu_xing_girl wrote:TO ALL FILIPINO RAIN FANS:

i was soo looking forward to rain's concert which i thought he will have here in the phils but now i felt so bad to hear the bad news :-( i'm from cebu and i would defenitely fly to wherever he will take stage here in the phils just to see him...i'm sure he has lots of fans lurking around somewhere just waiting to come out when he is here...i didn't know his albums are sold here in the phils coz i bought all his albums and mv's at yesasia...cost a little high but don't mind as long as i'm supporting bi :wub: they should consider having the concert here for us his avid loving fans right?

iloveKJH

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 1st, '07, 23:16

if that concert in the Philippines will push through, when do you think that would be? you think by next year??? oh mann!!! if that will happen i think me and my bestfrend will fly there definitely just to see him. please keep us update. sorry as much as i wanted to vote,,,my Globe roaming was expired so ive no choice really.

but guys, KEEP THE VOTES GOIN!!!! i know there's a lot of Rain's fans over there!!! :thumright:

meme-sama

Post by meme-sama » Mar 4th, '07, 07:51

guys check this :P 8)

iloveKJH

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 5th, '07, 20:33

who's the girl? the one he's wit in Sang Doo, Let's go to school? aww,,,are they? are they? are they really goin out?

iloveKJH

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 6th, '07, 16:54

hey guys..any news about RAIN?

meme-sama

Post by meme-sama » Mar 9th, '07, 20:08

iloveKJH wrote:hey guys..any news about RAIN?
there is a new song "still believe"

iloveKJH

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 15th, '07, 11:43

meme-sama wrote:
waaah! really? thanks a million for the info!:)

meme-sama

Post by meme-sama » Mar 15th, '07, 12:12

iloveKJH wrote:
meme-sama wrote:
waaah! really? thanks a million for the info!:)
anytime loool :lol
and there is a movie am a syborg but it is ok

here is da website

http://www.cyworld.com/cyborg2006
<trailer> enjoy it is also from his video clip (for you)

iloveKJH

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 19th, '07, 12:21

meme-sama wrote:

here is da website

<trailer> enjoy it is also from his video clip (for you)[/quote]

wow!! thank you for this info again..will definitely check it ou. :thumleft:

meme-sama

Post by meme-sama » Mar 20th, '07, 14:01

iloveKJH wrote:
meme-sama wrote:

here is da website

<trailer> enjoy it is also from his video clip (for you)
wow!! thank you for this info again..will definitely check it ou. :thumleft:[/quote]

ur welcome dear..... :D ...y dont we raise this thread :cussing: ...there is no many Bi's fun here :-(

meme-sama

Post by meme-sama » Mar 24th, '07, 13:57

i saw a rain BMW thriler in youtube....so is it gana be a new movie of rain?

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Apr 29th, '07, 15:08

i want to share to you guys this news about rain...

Credit: dsl99a for posting at Bi's Soompi Thread | Bambiina for posting at the Soompi Kdramas & Movies News Thread/ http://www.cloudphilippines.com/viewtopic.php?t=969

04.24.07 RAIN in People's "50 Most Beautiful People"

International super star RAIN is recognised worldwide!

Other than being nominated in TIME100 Most Influential People, Rain also appears in the list of "The Most Beautiful 50 People" by People magazine.

The event is organised by People magazine every year, Brad Pitt, George Clooney etc were some of the winners last year. For Rain who is going to enter USA market after his world tour in June, obviously this is quite encouraging to him!

JYPE expressed, "It's something honourable and exciting... especially now we are preparing for it (entrance into USA music industry)." "Maybe it's a result of Rain's world tour. It is the first time that Asian singer has such a large scale tour concert."

*Note: Here's a link:http://www.people.com/people/package/0, ... 23,00.html
Tried to look up for the list, but all I could find was for the women. Apparently the results will be out tomorrow April 25th? Be on the look out then!

Source: FNN
Chi translation by lovebi_rain@Baidu RAIN bar
Eng translaion by jjbug@rain-malaysia
edited by dsl99a@rain-usa

Yul

Post by Yul » Apr 30th, '07, 17:29

Hello.....anyone plz tell me where can I get the sub for rain new movie.....PLZ I download it but w/o sub............................... :cry:

arabian

Post by arabian » Apr 30th, '07, 18:13

Yul wrote:Hello.....anyone plz tell me where can I get the sub for rain new movie.....PLZ I download it but w/o sub............................... :cry:
you can get it here:

http://www.kloofy.net/indexx1.php

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 1st, '07, 06:19

hi i just wanna informed everybody if you guys do have KBS World you can catch Fullhouse. they started airing it yesterday 1 episode per day it's around 12 noon MNL time... hope you guys can catch it... this would run for 15 days only so better not missed this, araso?

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 7th, '07, 11:51

Love Bi! His smile is so beautiful and he's a great actor and great singer!!! I wished he sung more ballads, it matches his voice. I'm not very fond of his dancing though, but i DO love him! :wub:

People magazine is so obvious when they chose their 100 most beautiful people so i was surprised and glad that Rain was chosen, he's really one of the most beautiful asians and men around the world.

So gorgeus! :wub: bvut he looks better with long hair:
Attachments
This photo is so gorgeus!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This photo is so gorgeus!!!!!!!!!!!!!
774729_1.jpg (51.72 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
beautiful smile!
beautiful smile!
BiRain_a_050906.jpg (12.3 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
looking natural ~ still so beautiful!
looking natural ~ still so beautiful!
6-vi.jpg (23.56 KiB) Viewed 4019 times

HQLover

Rain Concert schedule in the U.S.

Post by HQLover » May 9th, '07, 06:52

I was disappointed that i missed Rain last christmas in VEGAS. I heard the show was AWeSOME..

I saw it somewhere thhat he will start his U.S. tour again. Does anyone the location and time frame?

I'm in TEXAS. Wishing that maybe one day he'll hit Dallas but i now that's impossible.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 9th, '07, 12:33

I'm sorry i dont know...but have you tried his official website??? it probably has the dates of his shows there. and i'm not sure, but i think there's also an official website for his world tour which people can watch his show live.
If you want i search for the link for you because at the moment i dont remember the link url.

does anyone knows when Rain will release his international-english album??? And is it official now: that rain was chosen the most influential person of 2007??? I saw on Times magazine site and he was leading the pool with the double amount of votes of the 2nd place. he had around 2 millions votes...

arabian

Post by arabian » May 9th, '07, 12:45

Rasckita wrote: does anyone knows when Rain will release his international-english album??? And is it official now: that rain was chosen the most influential person of 2007??? I saw on Times magazine site and he was leading the pool with the double amount of votes of the 2nd place. he had around 2 millions votes...
He got 2 million votes OMG.. but honestly he deserve it.. :mrgreen:

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 9th, '07, 12:49

Rasckita wrote:I'm sorry i dont know...but have you tried his official website??? it probably has the dates of his shows there. and i'm not sure, but i think there's also an official website for his world tour which people can watch his show live.
If you want i search for the link for you because at the moment i dont remember the link url.

does anyone knows when Rain will release his international-english album??? And is it official now: that rain was chosen the most influential person of 2007??? I saw on Times magazine site and he was leading the pool with the double amount of votes of the 2nd place. he had around 2 millions votes...
international english album? i read in some of the forums he said that he'll be recording for an english album mid of this year maybe after his world tour. re: the time mag he's not included for the latest issue of time mag. let's just cross our fingers that he'll be included as the most influential person next year... there's an article re: the online voting of time.. here's the article:

Time Learns That Popular Taste Can Vary a Lot With the Test Market
By SARA IVRY
Published: May 7, 2007

Last year Time magazine declared “Youâ€

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 9th, '07, 15:43

gosh you guys reLLy did researching huh... thanks for the infos!!!

im currentLy watching FuLL house for thr 3rd time... Rain and Hye Kyo are reaLLY a good coupLe!!! they shouLd date!!!

okay... just a question ive read somewhere that he sLept with another kactress? is this for reaL and who is she?

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 10th, '07, 10:59

karin-chan wrote:gosh you guys reLLy did researching huh... thanks for the infos!!!

im currentLy watching FuLL house for thr 3rd time... Rain and Hye Kyo are reaLLY a good coupLe!!! they shouLd date!!!

okay... just a question ive read somewhere that he sLept with another kactress? is this for reaL and who is she?
a student of mine told me about that she's a korean there were rumors regarding that issue and when it was spread he went to US to freshen up. well i really don't know if this is true or not.. i'll verify this info... :D well if this true so what's the big deal?! i guess he's in the right mind and age to that thing so no problem with me... :-) i still love him

liliane

****2 RAIN CONCERT FLOOR TICKETS AT MSG (NYC) FOR SALE******

Post by liliane » May 10th, '07, 22:12

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 spare Rain Concert Tickets at Madison Square Garden that I would like to sell, they are in SECTION 7, ROW H, SEATS 1 AND 2 (right in the center). If you are interested, please pm me. I am looking to sell them at face value, I am in no way out to make a profit. It is just that I was able to secure better seats so I am just looking to sell the ones I have. Since i am looking to get rid of these as soon as possible, if you cannot afford to pay them at face value (193$+ticketmaster fees=210$ each), please let me know how much you would be willing to pay and I'll consider the best offer.

Thank you.

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 12th, '07, 07:13

just wanna share you guys regarding the update of this topic... got this in www.soompi.com

No more what ifs.. he just left and he accepted th movie offer

===========================

YP's contract with Rain is set to expire at the end of this month, and according to the K-pop insiders many major recording companies are trying to lure Rain with lots of $$$. Some also speculate that Rain may create his own recording company to gain complete control of his career.

In a recent interview, JYP said that he wouldn't mind even if Rain chooses not to stay in JYP Entertainment. He said that Rain has already fulfilled his responsibility by abiding their contract, and that he is not obliged to stay in the company.

I personally hope he will renew his contract with JYP, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. I'm sure he has already received a lot of very tempting offers.
Updates:
StarM, a major agency in Korea whose clients include Jang Dong-Gun, has announced its plans to invest 10,000,000,000 won (or approx. US$10,000,000) to try to get Rain under its wing.
Rain's contract with JYP expires tomorrow, and he apparently plans to stay without any contract for the foreseeable future. Interesting.
Updates 2:
JYP has announced that it will not renew its contract with Rain. That officially ends Rain's legal partnership with JYP, though JYP is said to continue offering his advice on Rain's careers.
Meanwhile, Rain has accepted Wachowski brothers' offer to star in their upcoming film in English.

credits: ZZOOzzoo@BoAjjang
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 8&st=39000

*** and another thing his manager/s also resigned in JYPE to follow rain. so it means its really clear that rain is leaving JYPE and will be on his own. wait... i read it somewhere here that his dad bought an entertainment company something like that maybe two of them will run that company... what do you guys think? well this is really a (___ blank really don't know what to say) and already made his decision so let's just support him, araso? for rain the only thing i can say to him is aja! aja! fighting!!!

and how about his dancers? will they also resigned with JYPE or stay with the company?

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 12th, '07, 16:21

a student of mine told me about that she's a korean there were rumors regarding that issue and when it was spread he went to US to freshen up. well i really don't know if this is true or not.. i'll verify this info... well if this true so what's the big deal?! i guess he's in the right mind and age to that thing so no problem with me... i still love him
sounds Like you want to go to my pLace to beat the crap out of me huh... dont worry iim just curious... anyways thanks for the info.. if you did verify that pLs present the pic of the gurL okay.. thanks...

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 13th, '07, 13:46

Meanwhile, Rain has accepted Wachowski brothers' offer to star in their upcoming film in English.
WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O :D

Rain is going to be in a movie with the same men that made Matrix?????????? :O :O :P :P WOOOOOOW! Is it going to be "speed racer"? I heard these brothers were going to make this movie ...
sounds Like you want to go to my pLace to beat the crap out of me huh... dont worry iim just curious... anyways thanks for the info.. if you did verify that pLs present the pic of the gurL okay.. thanks...
Rain is dating???! :P I wished he dated the girl from Full House, they ahve good chemistry! :)

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 14th, '07, 13:10

Rasckita wrote:
WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O :D

Rain is going to be in a movie with the same men that made Matrix?????????? :O :O :P :P WOOOOOOW! Is it going to be "speed racer"? I heard these brothers were going to make this movie ...
Rain is dating???! :P I wished he dated the girl from Full House, they ahve good chemistry! :)
that particular issue actually it was way back 2000 i guess... i'm sorry as of now i'm still verifying that info... as of now i think rain is not dating as of the present time because of his schedule...

i want to give you guys an update regarding his contract issue with JYPE that was already expired last may 10

12-May-2007][自由電子報]Rain約滿 拉老爸打天下

記者翁家祥、古明弘/綜合報導

亞洲小天王Rain前天與JYP經紀公司約滿後,已確定不再與老東家續約。但基於「肥水不落外人田,誰都不得罪」的道理,未來可望自立門戶加入Rain爸經營的「白色世界」公司。

Rain與「JYP」的5年經紀約期滿後,各界都預測他可能作出的3種決定,1唸在師父朴軫詠的栽培之情,應該會與JYP續約;2是與其他公司簽約,最有可能的就是主辦Rain’s Coming演唱會的「STAR M」﹔3是自己獨立當老闆。

5年約滿 不再續約JYP

就在Rain恢復自由之身前,演藝界謠言滿天飛,甚至傳出STAR M將以百億韓元(約台幣3億6千萬)準備挖角。不過昨天JYP代表洪承成表示,以上傳言都不屬實。JYP也與Rain談了續約問題,最後決定各自發展。Rain’s Coming世界巡迴演唱會結束前,無論何時JYP都會幫助他。

3月份Rain來台開唱時,本報記者曾問他約滿後,未來是否可能加入Rain爸的「白色世界」,不過當時Rain搖頭矢口否認。但事隔兩個多月,一切都在急速變化,由於Rain是該公司的最大股東,現在最有可能的就是加入Rain爸鄭起春擔任理事的「白色世界」,父子一起打拚撈錢。

赴西班牙參加LV盛會 落流利英語

此外,前天Rain在西班牙瓦倫西亞參加2007年路易威登盃帆船賽的慶祝晚會,Rain與路易威登的代表總裁Yves Carcelle、第六代傳人Benoit Louis Vuitton以及來自印度寶來塢的多位明星和葡萄牙名模一起參與盛會,Rain還以流利英語與外賓交談,為前進好萊塢拍戲暖身做準備。

from rainhk

translation:
As of yesterday Asian superstar Rain ended his contract with JYPE, he has decided not to renew the agreement. However to avoid offending anyone , Rain and his dad opened an independent company called 白色世界」White World (This is a direct translation may not be the be correct co. name)

Rain's agreement with JYPE ended after 5 yrs. There are 3 choices which he can made. 1) Taking into account his mentorship/training from JPY, he continues with JYPE 2)To sign with oher companies and one of the possible candidate is Star M who is organising his world tour 3) Set up his own company and become his own boss

Before Rain ended his contract, there were a lot of rumors... one of which is Star M offering million of dollars, however spokeperson for JYP denied the rumors. When JYP discuss with Rain over the contract it was decided to that each will go it own way however JPY will continue to support Rain until the end of Rain World tour.

When Rain was in Taiwan in march, local media was asking him whether he will be joining his dad's company (White World-白色世界) however these comments was denied by Rain. However in just 2 months, the situation changes very quickly and Rain is now the biggest shareholder. Now the biggest possibility is for Rain to join forces with his dad and struck it out.

In the recent LV yachting event in spain Rain was talking to the LV people (Yves Carcelle and Benoit Louis Vuitton) as well as other celebrities. Rain was speaking in very fluent english and in preparation for his upcoming launch in US

*its nice to know that rain can speak english fluently.. he's really trying hard to learn the language... well i just hope that the company "White World" would hire foreign employees...

credits : http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 8&st=39040
http://www.cloudphilippines.com/viewtopic.php?t=903

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 16th, '07, 00:49

whenever rain is, i know he'll have sucess because he's very talented!! :)

Hey samantha, do you know a good Rain fansite? :) I was looking for some...

is rain-usa.com really his official site in USA? Or it's a fansite too?

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 17th, '07, 06:55

Rasckita wrote:whenever rain is, i know he'll have sucess because he's very talented!! :)

Hey samantha, do you know a good Rain fansite? :) I was looking for some...

is rain-usa.com really his official site in USA? Or it's a fansite too?
yeah i guess.. maybe you can check this official fan site in the phils... i'm also a member there that would be www.cloudphilippines.com... you could check some updates regarding rain and you could also check www.soompi.com... i hope that i do help you...

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 18th, '07, 10:06

Quotations from Iron Man - Mr Jeong Jihun
credits to:myjeongjihun.com

Quote 1: Endless diligence, Endless patience, Endless modesty
Quote 2: Those right-handed must practice more if they want to use their left hand to feed themselves.
Without sweats and blood in practices, they will unconsciously use their right hands. Only with tough trainings they will use their left hands naturally.
Quote 3: Every morning I look at myself in the mirror, I swear that the same expression must be shown in my eyes in the next morning... And hence, I examine myself in the mirror everyday...
Quote 4: There are many singers who can do better than me. "I must surpass Rain!" Many newbies now have this thought...However, when they sleep 10 hours, I sleep 5... and practicing harder... I hope when Korean go overseas and talking about "Bi", they feel proud, too...I want to be the best singer, regardless when and where...I wish I can hear comments like this: If China has Bruce Lee, then Korea has "Rain (Bi)".
Quote 5: If you are looked down by others, you'll make up your mind and that firm decision will push you to work harder! From then on you become a terrible person. I'm scared, I'm scared that I will lose to myself. I'm afraid that I will stop... I hesitate if I should sleep or practice and finally, I choose sleeping... All these terrify me...You can only gain something after you experience the pain.
Quote 6: Sometimes I can't really feel that I'm living. Life is so busy until I will question myself: Why I have to live like this? But I just can't give up when chances are there... I've made up my mind: I will focus on my career since I'm young. Although it sounds tough, endless practice is still the most desired whenever I have time...
Quote 7: To be frank, after meeting with Mr Armani, I think "I'm still young!" He's more than 70 but I'm only 24. I don't mean he is too old, in fact I wanna say I have another 50 years compared to him...
No matter how, I still have the chances - The chances to surpass Mr Armani.
Quote 8: I hope others can recognize my talents, and not just simply be fond of me. Who knows to what extend I can develop and what kind of image I can show up in the future? The difficulties behind mainly come from myself and not from others.
Quote 9: "If you stay too comfortable, you may fall down" In my high school, I was told about this.
I write down and paste it on the ceiling so that I can read it when I lay down. Keep reminding myself cannot be too relaxed..
Quote 10: After dancing and singing 2-3 songs, I felt the sharp pain, something in my body seems to emerge...By then, I will think of the grandma who sold me the cassette and I'll defeat the great pain..
Quote 11: When I was still a newbie, people around responded "Who is this kid?". Every time I walked up to the stage, I was eager to attract more fans... "I don't care they have other business in their mind, I must make him/her become my fans" .Among thousands of audience, there must be someone staring at me. Hoping so, I can dance more freely and happily in front of them.
Quote 12: I think over and over again during my overseas activities, and I feel that I must improve my English soonest possible. I'm thinking in English these days, if my English is okay then I face less hurdles when developing in foreign markets...
Quote 13: Even if I only have 1 minute or 1 second in my life, I'll do my best, too! I'm curious how far can I go on with my capability. By then, when I recall my past upon death, I will say my life is a great achievement, regardless of how many success and failure I faced. Why I say so? It's because I've been working hard for it! Either new challenges or things that can be done with efforts, I dare to try it, including the things I'm not confident with.
Quote 14: 3 min 14 sec. In this period of time, a singer is mannequin if he/she sings and dances, singers are also actors. A smile, a change in expression, it's a way to communicate with audience.
During my 2nd album, I seldom danced but I shake hands with the audience, the response was good.
Singers need 100% acting skills when they are performing on the stage, there are expressions in the dance steps as well! I would like to make my fans be mine forever....40 years later when it's raining,
they will say "Ah, there was a singer called Rain..."
Quote 15: Day after day, I become more and more greedy, until I stand at here right now. It's embarrassing frankly. I mean, people speak good things and give wonderful titles... To make myself worth for those stuffs, there's still a long way to go...Probably everyone can see a more mature Rain next year.
Quote 17: I put in 100% efforts for everything I do, so I can stand up confidently and never be ashamed. I want to be a hardworking RAIN, no matter how. If there's a list for all singers in the world,
I hope it writes "A hardworking singer – Rain". In my opinion, the mindset is always more important than the period of time spent.
To me: Working is joyful, hardships are precious experiences. I don't have inborn talents, thus I must practice harder, when the rest are sleeping I'll still working...That's how I am able to dance so well.

I always have internal battles with myself, so let me be the winner again! --- from Rain's third album.
Quote 18: "If I work seriously everyday, what would I be after 10 years?" Because of this idea, I increase my training sessions everyday. In other words, I practice non-stop. --- Dec 2006, MBC News Desk
Quote 19: He doesn't look like new actor at all, he is really a professional actor! During filming, his great passion made we wonder: From where he gains so much energy? Sometimes he played like a naughty child,but within 10 seconds, tears shimming in his eyes, immediately he could interpret the complicated emotions...--- comments from Director Park Chan-wook.
He is young but he is firm and honest. As an actor, he has many things for us to learn, he is a good partner and a charismatic friend. Jihun is very hardworking, it looks quite horrible sometimes but I would like to learn this from him. I was surprised when I discovered his unique charisma, it can't be found in other male actors. Speaking truly, enthusiastic Rain is the most attractive. --- comments from actress Im Soo-jung.
Quote 20: Jeong Jihun touched his audience by his truly emotions, not the acting skills. Ignoring his singer identity, I think I discover a wonderful actor. As an actor, he is a shining diamond who often touches people's hearts.

Jihun never says "NO". Whenever I asked him "Can you do it?" He just said "Yes" (From the viewpoint of script writer) Hence it creates the trust between us and I can write the scripts without any limitation. In <IJUKSA>, the mixing emotions of love and hate were difficult to express. However, he never complained... He read the script and digested the role himself quietly... He's someone you can never find his weakness. --- Author/ Script writer Lee Kyung-hee
Quote 21: If someone doesn't appreciate Jihun's spirit, well then I doubt his/her personal values.
Jihun worked diligently and crazily, everyday I was inspired and encouraged. It is true that Rain has no time to rest, lingering between 'filming and studying scripts'...There was spare time occasionally and I thought he will take a nap. But from my observation, he kept studying the scripts...--- TALENT (TV drama actor, Kim Sung-su)

There are some young actors recently, they played the main roles in their first drama and won awards!
Yet only 2 out of 10 can insist until the end.As an actor, Rain has the high chance to continue his career until the end. Most importantly, he knows how to respect the seniors and very polite.--- TALENT Jin Zhiying (pinyin)
Although we are same age, he looks more mature. Being singer and actor, from him I have many things to learn. --- TALENT Song Hyekyo
Quote 22: During the filming, I never saw him yawn, he paid strong attention. There's no shortcut to achieve success. Whenever I see Jihun, I'll question back myself. He has ultimate concentration and extraordinary diligence, he must be a good actor.--- Actress Shin Min-ah

Jihun is the TOP star but he's always humble, many changed themselves after being famous but not Jihun. --- Actor Lee Ki-woo

It's tough to do action scenes without replacement, yet I can see Jihun is doing it seriously. I felt regreted when he was hurt, he is a very good friend and always gives the best. --- Director Kim Kyu-tae
Quote 23: If you want to be respected, you should take the initiative to greet your juniors and seniors.
Regardless of talents and strength, others won't recognize you if you are not polite.
Quote 24: Never lose hope when you look upward at something you admire.Never be arrogant when you look downward. No matter that it's a game or a training, you must put in all efforts. I wish I can be an artist, instead of just an entertainer. --- Rain's advice to the participants in Superstar Survivial

Something that can refrain one to be self-satisfied.I'm often worried that myself becomes arrogant.
How good it is if the presents are attached with the equipment to refrain one to be self-satisfied and proud. --- Rain's answer about the most expected present.
Quote 25: Rain is the future. Rain has the terrible capability to stride across Eastern and Western. --- American TV Station, ABC PD
Quote 26: A passionate actor! Other than my singer identity....To be a real actor, I would like to hear such vital compliment, too!
Quote 27: Before World Tour: Recalling the time when I was still a dancer, I would climb up to South Hill* whenever I felt downcast....Looking down to the shining lights and thus I made up my mind:
All of them must know my name one day. USA is in my mind, and the image of shining lights at foothill comes lively again. It's going to begin...
Quote 28: With the changes in their identity, some people developed different characters and mindset,
or even the friends and people around him/her are replaced by others totally.

9 years ago, I met a tall young man, he was so eager to learn dancing. I would never expect our relationship can continue for 10 years, nobody ever knew that this young man will become the best in Korea...

10 years... Sometimes we argued when we were together. I follow my way and he follows his, with our laughs and tears, the time quietly passed by. He's one of my best friends,
The one who is known as "Rain" now...

Although he is younger, I feel he is my senior or my friend occasionally, we stay together as friends and not much changes in ourselves, and I really appreciate that. No matter how famous he is, if he changed, I may not be with him anymore. Can't predict how it's gonna be in the next day. We still rely and stay with each other, and looking forward to the stronger bond between us in the future -- message from Bagga (?) from Koyote at his personal MINI homepage.
“ Eager to be the best actor when filming the drama, Eager to be the best singer when holding the mic.
When I'm tired of acting, I go for song practices and vice versa.”
Quote 29: Nominated as "The Most Influential TV30 People to change Korea media". A representative singer of Korea Any styles of his performances and images shown in TV, his name will definitely spike up the media production team. -- from Time magazine
Quote 30: I make a promise before every performance....Upon stepping on the stage I will have this in mind: Just look at me! I'm the best!

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 21st, '07, 22:07

I love this pic so much, i think i've posted it before, but i cant get enought of it. :wub:

samantha, thanks for the links. I registered there! :)

I love this quotes! Rain is funny!
I liked this phrase:
I would like to make my fans be mine forever....40 years later when it's raining,
they will say "Ah, there was a singer called Rain..."
shows he's possessive with his fans...nice! ^^ eheheh

Have you seen the video of Rain's ideal women? he said he liked small and a little chubby girl......i doubt that this is true, BUT it's nice Rain saying this! :D :wub:

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 22nd, '07, 03:11

rasckita i've seen that vid wherein he was asked regarding his ideal girl that was before but now it change he said that he wanted someone as cute as SHK...

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 22nd, '07, 03:14

wanna share you this article because rain is nominated again for best actor...

05.21.07 Rain Nominated in 44th Daejong Awards

Rain who won "The Best New Actor" award in PaekSang award, is again nominated in another Korean film award, i.e. the 44th Daejong Sang for "The Best New Actor". MC Mong, Liu Dehuan (pinyin), Pu Guangzhen (pinyin) and Daniel Henry are his competitors for this award.

The judge committees of Daejong Sang announced 29 nominated movies. From the announcement, Jeong Jihun (Rain) was nominated due to his movie <I>.

Rain who recently revealed his casting in Hollywood movie <Speed>, had been nominated in the 1st Asian Film Festival for the award "The Best Actor". Everyone is curious if he can win the award in Daejong again.

The 44th Daejong Film Festival begins on June 1 at HanRiver Park and the award presentation is held on June 8 in Sejong Centre.

Source: NAVER
Eng translation by jjbug@rain-malaysia
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 8&st=39240

snooopy06

Post by snooopy06 » May 22nd, '07, 08:36

thanks for the updates

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 22nd, '07, 11:04

rasckita i've seen that vid wherein he was asked regarding his ideal girl that was before but now it change he said that he wanted someone as cute as SHK...
Awww that's a pity. I'll never have a chance with him... :cry:
Rain who recently revealed his casting in Hollywood movie <Speed>, had been nominated in the 1st Asian Film Festival for the award "The Best Actor". Everyone is curious if he can win the award in Daejong again
thanks for this news...
i hope he wins because he'll desearve it, his acting in Cyborg, was great.

About "Speed", his character was revealed... i wonder when they'll start filming it! :-)

Ahhh I think you probably have this, but i uploaded it for someone else and thought to share it with you:

Bi Rain - Just Once (Unreleased Cover).mp3 Size: 6.12 MB
http://sharebee.com/e6c25cbe

Bi Rain - I believe i can fly (live).mp3 (2.35 MB)
http://sharebee.com/6d4708ed

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 22nd, '07, 12:27

actually they said that they would start to film this by june or middle of this year i think. this coming may 31st he will go to berlin for a press conference for "speed racer"

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 23rd, '07, 11:53

awww cant wait to see Bi talking about that! :)

Hey...samantha, where are you from?

defaddicted

2 tickets for Rain's Madison Square Garden concert!!

Post by defaddicted » May 23rd, '07, 19:46

Hey! If anyone is interested I have two tickets for Rain's concert in Madison Sq Garden. They are in section 79 row G seats 1 and 2. Even though they are Lodge seating they have a good view of the stage. I'm going to be selling them for $200 which is less than what I paid for them so I am definitely not making a profit lol. If anyone wants to pay less I'm willing to discuss other prices. Please contact me at Velvetpixydust@aol.com if you are interested or have any questions. =)

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 23rd, '07, 21:16

I wished I was in USA to watch this show!!!!!! :cry:

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » May 25th, '07, 03:14

Rain Pays Tribute to Outgoing Manager

The K-pop superstar Rain has paid tribute to the role of his manager Park Jin-young in his stellar rise. Park “taught me to fish instead of how to eat fish. He taught me many things, including how to sing, but he always stressed the importance of standing on my own feet,” Rain told reporters.

Dressed in pink dress shirt and black suit, Rain was discussing the end of his contract with Park’s management agency JYP at a press conference before a concert at Japan's Tokyo Dome. Park “has taken care of me with great sincerity over the last few years. I thought I’d better give him some space,” Rain said. The singer will decide where to turn next once his world tour ends in June. He may either move to another management firm or set up his own independent company.

Rain is the first Korean pop singer to perform at the Tokyo Dome, which seats some 43,000. The concert has been thoroughly prepared, he said. “Stage equipment weighing more than 100 tons is used in the show. When the Japanese production suggested a concert at the Tokyo Dome, I actually doubted whether I could do it. I’ve heard many top Japanese artists played with less than half the seats filled at the Dome. I confess I was relieved that tickets have sold well.” Rain’s world tour started last October and is nearing the end. “The world tour was a great opportunity for me to test my shortcomings and transcend my limitations before entering the U.S. market,” he added.

Asked about the recent parody of his music video on the popular U.S. satirical show “The Colbert Report,” Rain said it was an honor. “I’ve watched the program. I was surprised when I saw the show host imitating my music video. He chooses only world-class celebrities as his topic.” Rain was in good company: Madonna, Michael Jackson and Lindsay Lohan were also parodied on the show.
Recently, Rain got a foot in the door in Hollywood by being cast in a supporting role in "Speed Racer." “I met the Wachowski brothers, who created ‘The Matrix’, and I decided to play the role. To become a top star in Hollywood, I think it’s important to build a career by taking each step cautiously. This role is like a miracle for someone who doesn’t speak English very well.”

But Rain still shows great passion for music. “I’ve been writing down my ideas about music since I was a trainee. When I have more confidence in my music, I’d like to become a producer.”

He gives credit to Park for getting him where he is today. “If Park hadn’t made songs for me, I wouldn’t be here. I was lucky to work with Park. I am happy with every step I’ve been through.” So what drives him? “I want to win the war against myself, because if I fall, hundreds of staff working with me would stumble.”

Source: chosun.com
credit: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... tart=39320
http://www.cloudphilippines.com/viewtop ... 1425#11425

angelsoldier

Post by angelsoldier » Jun 13th, '07, 19:00

can someone plss tell me from where i could download the songs from "Rain's World" album???.....plss :cry:

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jun 17th, '07, 00:55

06.15.07 [LA Times] S. Korean star Rain salvages Staples date

S. Korean star Rain salvages Staples date - Singer's promoter says copyright issue won't affect June 30 L.A. show.

By Chris Lee, Times Staff Writer

South Korean pop superstar Rain may have disappointed legions of fans by postponing several U.S. performances scheduled for this month. But contrary to an announcement made Tuesday by a promoter of his Hawaiian tour stop, the singer — part of the globally popular "Korean Wave" movement and nicknamed "the Justin Timberlake of Asia" — will perform as scheduled June 30 at Staples Center, a representative for StarM, Rain's world concert promoter confirmed in a statement.

StarM postponed the singer's dates in Atlanta, New York, San Francisco and Hawaii in part because of an ongoing lawsuit over his stage name. In February, a Reno-based record company, Rain Corp., sued Rain (real name: Jung Ji-hoon), alleging that he cannot use that alias in the U.S. because the company holds the copyright for the name of a Beatles tribute band that's been using that name for decades.

A Nevada district court was expected to issue an injunction on Thursday.

Andy Kim, chief executive of V2B Global, the singer's Los Angeles promoter, said he expected strong ticket sales regardless of what name ultimately appears on the Staples marquee.

"Almost every one of his fans knows him by his real name," Kim said. "It won't affect ticket sales if we advertise him as 'Jung Ji-hoon, the artist formerly known as Rain.' "

Despite erroneous news reports and fan furor throughout the United States, Canada and Asia, almost 70% of the tickets for the Staples Center show had been sold as of Thursday, Kim said.

Logistical problems with the pop star's elaborate stage show also factored into the postponement of other dates on his first American tour.

"His gear has to be flown from Asia and trucked around by 28 18-wheelers," Kim said. "And he travels with a group of 96 people. The biggest problem is that in Asia, you're used to getting four or five days to set up your stage. At Staples Center, I get 18 hours to set up and rip it apart.

"The biggest issue was, we could do it, but would we be able to give 100% at every venue?"

chris.lee@latimes.com.
posted by angelordevil@soompi
credit:http://www.cloudphilippines.com/viewtop ... &start=180

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jun 17th, '07, 00:57

[Yeonhap News] The verdict of U.S. court was put off for a week. The verdict is on if a singer and actor Rain(Jung, Ji-hoon 25) can use name 'Rain' at his world tour concert in U.S.

Rain Corporation, located in Nevada, U.S, filed for a service right which they request a compesation for Rain performed last December in Las Vegas as a name 'Rain'. The company also filed for a povisional disposition to stop using name 'Rain' at his future concerts.

The verdict was scheduled to June 14(local time), but Star-M, the major company of the world tour, said that they heard from local law firm that the Nevada State Court decided to put off the verdict until next week due to a complication of the suit and the schedule of the court.

Star-M added that the schedule of world tour, planned to begin on June 14 in Hawaii, and tour the cities of New York on June 23, and San Francisco on June 27, would be rescheduled. But the L.A. concert will be held on the planned date by the agreement with the local promoter according to Star-M. Star-M added that the other tour schedule is being planned to around October when the filming of 'Speed Racer' will be finished, and its local schedule will be announced after a discussion in detail.

According to the different article, Star-M decided to hold the L.A. concert on the planned date because there is enough time to remake the stage.

source: http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/br ... 05310.html
credit:http://www.cloudphilippines.com/viewtopic.php?t=1080

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Jun 17th, '07, 05:51

Good Luck Rain!!!! :) :cheers:
I wish he made show in my country too! :cry:

Has anyone listen to the press conference of speed raceR?

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jun 17th, '07, 11:39

here's the press con

credits to:http://speedracerthemovie.warnerbros.com [official website]

MC: On this wonderful sunny day in Berlin Babelsberg, we would like to welcome you to this very, very exclusive press conference on the set of the new and upcoming family blockbuster, Speed Racer, directed and written by the Wachowski Brothers, and produced by über producer, as we would say in German, Joel Silver. And all of that, as you can see, just a couple of days ahead before the first day of shooting, so this is a very special event, and we are all very happy to have you here.

So now please welcome the CEO and President of Studio Babelsberg Charlie Woebcken and the cast and the producer of this upcoming blockbuster. Roger Allam, Kick Gurry, Ji Hoon Jung, popularly known as Rain, Hiroyuki Sanada, Benno Fürmann, Richard Roundtree, Matthew Fox, Susan Sarandon, Emile Hirsch, Producer Joel Silver, Christina Ricci, John Goodman, and Paulie Litt.

Welcome to Berlin, it is great to have you here, before we start the press conference there’s one more star that we’d like to introduce to you and we are very happy to have it here at the studio in Babelsberg, it’s the Mach 5 and we’d like to show you what it looks like. [Reveal]

Mr. Silver, before we get started, because as it’s Germany, I need to ask this question, where can I buy one of these cars?

JOEL SILVER: Well, that may be the only one we build…

MC: So it’s going to be hard. Mr. Silver, first of all, why did the Wachowski Brothers choose Speed Racer as their first directorial debut basically after the Matrix trilogy?

JOEL SILVER: They were always very big fans of Speed Racer. When they were kids it was the first time they had seen Japanese animation, which made them understand there was a different kind of animation out there in the world. Having grown up on Hanna-Barbera, Fred Flintstone and Yogi Bear, this was the first time they saw something that was really different. And at the same time they wanted to make a film for their nieces and their nephews and their friends and their families; they’ve made a lot of R rated movies and they’ve never really made films for everybody. And it was an opportunity to make something that was a big family movie, a big fresh idea, and to do something that they’ve always loved, Speed Racer, and so here we all are.

MC: We are very much looking forward to seeing this movie next year. So the press conference is open if you have any questions.

PRESS: Joel, you’ve been wanting to make this film for some time, what was it about the Brothers’ idea that really caught you beyond the family entertainment idea?

JOEL SILVER: Sometimes these movies come together very quickly, sometimes they take a long time. We’ve been trying to make this for 11 years, and we just never could find the right way to do it. When Larry and Andy came to me and they said look, we think we have a way to do this that has never been done before, and I love working with them anyway, so I said, let’s go, let’s do it. It will have a vastly different look, they’re wonderful writers, the Wachowski Brothers, and they wrote a really great, powerful, emotional, fun story that was able to interest all these wonderful actors, and a whole lot of people who are putting this movie together. I think that they’ve really framed it in a way that is unique and fresh, but it keeps the essence of what Speed Racer was. They’re very conscious about what made them like Speed Racer in the first place, so it has all that magic of the original and a whole brand new incredible story.

PRESS: This is a question for the cast, whoever wants to answer can answer, all of you. I just want to know how was the experience of coming into this film, how did any one of you audition, how was the experience of talking to the Wachowski Brothers, if you have already started rehearsals, how is it to work with 2 creative minds, and if you had any experience of Speed Racer the anime before committing to this film?

EMILE HIRSCH: I think I can answer the first part of that, or the last part. When I was 6 years old I used to watch Speed Racer on cartoon network, and that was actually the year that I decided I wanted to be an actor. I was like, Dad, I want to try acting, and he was like, really? You want to try it? So for me it was all those years ago, I have always been interested in Speed Racer. I think that Larry and Andy are so smart and they finish each others sentences, they’re almost like the agents in The Matrix you know, they just know what each other are thinking. So for me, to have two great minds working all the time, it just gets so much more done, and it’s so much more of a collaboration.

MC: Who wants to answer the second part of the question?

CHRISTINA RICCI: Which part… was that about auditioning?

MC: Yes.

CHRISTINA RICCI: I was sent the script, which was of course very top secret, so I was sent the script two days before and heard about the project and was very excited because I was a huge fan of the Wachowskis. I had seen Speed Racer cartoons before, but I didn’t know that much about Speed Racer, so I watched a few more cartoons and went in [to audition] and Emile was there and read with me. Everybody was just so lovely, the Brothers were great to me and I read, and since then just talking to the Brothers is so exciting because they truly are visionaries. I mean, if you think about what they did with The Matrix, they completely revolutionized that genre. So to be able to do a family film about this story, which is so cool anyway and everyone loves cars, and to think about how they’re going to revolutionize this genre as well, it is really exciting to be a part of.

EMILE: I mean, just look at the Mach 5, amazing.

PRESS: I would like to ask Mr. Ji Hoon Jung and Mr. Joel Silver. First of all, Mr. Ji Hoon Jung would you explain to the Korean audience what your actual role in that movie is as a rival driver, and would you give us your first impression on the worldwide stage, such as a Hollywood movie. And second, for Mr. Joel Silver, what brought you to pick up and cast Mr. Ji Hoon Jung as the rival driver, and would you give us a specific reason why.

JI HOON JUNG: [translator speaking] When I received a proposal for this movie, I was really happy and thought it was a great chance. My role in this movie, as it is for Speed and Racer X, is to lead and defend family. I really like my role and I'm very excited to be part of this movie.

JOEL SILVER: When I was in Japan once, on a press tour that I went on, and we were there with a lot of Hollywood stars, there was a commotion in the lobby of the hotel and it wasn’t of course for us, it was for him, so I said, who is that guy? And somebody told me about him. He’s a pretty good looking guy and pretty talented and when the Bothers’ first impression about Speed Racer was to try to bring an international cast together, we thought about who is out there who might want to be a part of this project. I’m happy that he’s here and we’re all here together.

MC: Paulie, you are the youngest member of the cast and your character in the series has a great sidekick, could you tell us if that sidekick is going to be in the movie as well.

PAULIE LITT: Yes he is. My sidekick is Willy and Kenzie (Chim-chim), they’re amazing how smart they are, it’s really amazing what they do. I’m going to set the record straight for everybody, Willy and Kenzie do not like to be called monkeys, they like to be called chimpanzees. They don’t have tails, monkeys do, and it’s so funny because if you call them a monkey, they notice when you call them a monkey. They get insulted that you call them a monkey. You called me a monkey? So they’re very special and amazing.

PRESS: This is a question to Mr. Silver. The movie benefits with 9 million euro from our new German film fund, was it for you all the reason to come back to Babelsberg? And the second question, could you try to explain why did you come back after V For Vendetta?

JOEL SILVER: Well, we had a wonderful experience making V here, being in Berlin is great, the country is fantastic, and the facility here, Babelsberg, is a co producer of the movie and they have such a great team, working with them. It is economically advantageous for us to shoot here; it’s a wonderful ability we have to make a deal where we can get some help in making our picture. That is one reason, although in a lot of places in the world you can get help to make pictures, but we really like being in Babelsberg, we like being in Berlin in Germany, we’re happy to be back, we were looking forward to coming back and we’ll be back again. It’s a great place to make movies and I can’t say enough how much we enjoy it, and how we look for other reasons we can be here and we can make other movies.

PRESS: Another question for Joel, with apologies to the cast, I just wanted to ask in terms of the look of the film, and particularly in terms of the driving sequences, how much is going to be computer generated, how much is going to be actual racing? For example, this wonderful car, does it run?

JOEL SILVER: No.

EMILE HIRSCH: If you give it a good pushing start it might.

JOEL SILVER: It is pretty incredible what we can do today. I mean, sitting in the front row here are some of our incredible talented visual effects people, John Gaeta and Dan Glass who have worked with us on our pictures, like The Matrix and V. I think that we’re going to be pushing the envelope, setting new standards, throwing everything out and doing everything new. I think they’re really evolving a new way of picture making. When we started The Matrix with the first images of the bullet time as we called it, it was done with still cameras, which were 128 still cameras in a row, we’d take lots of pictures and put them all together. It’s changed so much in the 10 years since we made that picture, and I think we’re going to do that with this one as well. There’re going to be very little actual cars running in this movie, I mean, we’re going to have cars in this movie, but the things that these cars are going to do could not really happen in the real world. They won’t look like animation, they will be beautiful live action images, but they’ll be all done in a new style of production. The movie is being filmed not on film, it’s being filmed in HD – we refer to the shooting process as the initial capture – and from there we go to work. So it’s going to be a really different way of making a movie and watching and seeing a movie.

PRESS: How important is it that Speed Racer is filming in Berlin?

DR. CARL WOEBCKEN: For us it is very important to have this film here in Germany, it’s a great opportunity for the German talent and the German crew and also for us to work on a very high Hollywood level, in terms of working with internationally renowned talent, and also to work on the forefront of modern filmmaking technologies. And the other thing is also that this film creates jobs in the industry in Berlin and also in Babelsberg, so this is a very important film for us.

PRESS: I have a question for the leading roles, maybe Emile Hirsch, Christina Ricci and Matthew Fox, if they could explain what’s their character, what they are playing, and is there a love triangle?

MATTHEW FOX: I’m playing Racer X, I have to confess to not knowing much about Speed Racer until I came to this project, I grew up without a television, so I didn’t really know a whole lot about it until I met with Larry and Andy, and from there I did a little bit of research and definitely recalled the images of Speed Racer. I went in and met Larry & Andy and they just pretty much blew me away with the way they talked about the picture, and about what they were wanting to do with it. Racer X is a fairly mysterious and enigmatic character, he is – I can’t give away obviously too much about who he is and how he fits into the series – but I’ve never been as excited to be a part of a project as I am on this. It’s something I’m thrilled to be a part of and I just think about – I have two children – and I think about obviously the way they’re going to view this. And also their dad playing Racer X I think is also going to be pretty cool, so I’m very, very happy to be a part of it.

EMILE HIRSCH: Speed is for me, just a really pure hearted hero who wants to do the right thing and be the best racer he can be, when he comes up against corporate values that are different from his family values. For me that’s where his test of character comes in: what kind of man is he going to be? I think that, that was what really attracted me to the character, [Speed] just sticking to his roots and his values, even though there’s a swirl of big business around him.

CHRISTINA RICCI: I play Trixie, and I’m Speed’s faithful girlfriend, they’ve been together since grade school. I’m really excited because I just feel that there are so many negative images for little girls out there and she’s a very strong willed smart girl who also is super cute and has great clothes, so I’m pretty into it.

EMILE HIRSCH: We’ve been together since grade school, but the relationship isn’t stale.

MC: Mr. Sanada, we’ve been talking about the anime series and Speed Racer, this was the first one that was shown in Germany and in the States, you probably grew up with anime series, so what is the specialty of Speed Racer in comparison to others; what makes it so special and so great?

HIROYUKA SANADA: I’m just exactly the Speed Racer generation, I grew up with Speed Racer, he was my hero, and so I’m so excited to be here. Every week I watched the TV series and of course am really excited with the nice racing scene, action and everything, but also we could learn a lot from Speed Racer about glory, justice and that sometimes we have to fight against somebody for friendship or love. This message is universal, so I’m very glad to remake it with a wonderful crew and international cast. As Japanese we can introduce our culture and cartoon all over the world, it is so amazing, and also I am very happy to be here as a Japanese actor.

PRESS: What’s your own record of speed maximum on the highway and any problems with police?

MC: Who would like to answer that one? Paulie?

PAULIE: Well, I’ll answer that from the trunk of the Mach 5, that’s where I’ll be in that. I heard it goes pretty fast, but I’m in the trunk, so I don’t see how fast he’s going. He should go about like, I hope, this would be fun, going like 300 would be so much fun just zooming past everybody. It’s a lot of fun in the trunk, I’ll tell you that.

EMILE HIRSCH: One of the funny things for me was that before I got the part I was known in my circle of friends as the slowest driver, the granny driver, I’m like, do you guys have your seat belts on, because I’m not starting the car if you don’t have your seat belts on. But once I got the part I started driving a little bit faster and a little bit faster, so by the time this comes out, I should be formula oneing it.

CHRISTINA: I’m a terrible driver, I’ll just admit that right now, and I drive really fast and scare people in the car, my passengers, but I’ve never gotten a ticket ever, so I can’t be that bad.

JOHN GOODMAN: I got up to 140 miles an hour in west Texas in a Chevrolet Impala Super Sport.

PRESS: What was it about the part of mom and pops Racer that made you decide to come and make this movie with Joel and the Wachowskis.

SUSAN SARANDON: Well, besides what everyone else has said, I’ve never baked in a movie before and I’m really looking to do a cooking show as a spin off. So I thought what better way but to spend the summer in Berlin and make pancakes and cookies with the Wachowskis, because when I talk to them on the phone I don’t have the faintest idea what they’re talking about. So, why not? I’ve never done a movie like this and it’s a great cast, I love people that are trying something different, and I’ve been around so long that it’s hard to find someone that is trying something different, so I was really thrilled that they asked me and I can’t wait to meet them.

JOHN GOODMAN: I came to eat Susan’s fabulous baking.

PRESS: This is a question for Mr. Roundtree. Could you please tell us about your character in the movie and how you got attached to the whole project.

RICHARD ROUNDTREE: Well first of all, I knew nothing about Speed Racer, but I do have five children of varying ages and they used to come home from school and watch it, so they filled me in on what it was. When I met the Wachowski Brothers I didn’t know what they were talking about, and to be a part of something, I get a sense that it’s almost kind of like reinventing the wheel. This is totally new and to be a part of that is exciting and with an international cast as well. I have been here before in Germany and it is going to be filmed in Germany in Berlin, that’s all exciting, new technology, the fact that my character loves this kid because of his integrity, because of his firm footing and having been a racer myself and took a wrong turn perhaps, I watch this kid and I see his ability and I see a bit of myself in him, and he’s a winner and he triumphs over the pitfalls that I possibly succumbed to. That’s exciting and I love watching him because I kind of live vicariously through him.

MC: Kick, one question to you. Did you even have to think about playing a part in this movie, knowing that it’s about heroes, action, cartoon, written by the Wachowskis and directed by them?

KICK GURRY: No, no I did not for a second. The first film I ever made was in 1998 in Sydney and when we were rehearsing that film it was a little annoying because there was a helicopter that kept flying overhead and we couldn’t hear each other. We kept looking out the window and it was Keanu’s and Laurence Fishburne’s stunt doubles shooting the scene from the original Matrix. Someone made the point that that was probably costing more than our entire budget for the Australian film we were making. I remember looking out the window and thinking I’d love to be in a movie like that one day, and when this came up there was certainly not a second’s thought about being involved.

PRESS: [translator speaking] He is asking why Mr. Jung chose this film rather than the other big film he got another offer from; and the other thing is, what is his ambition as an actor instead of as a singer.

JI HOON JUNG: [translator speaking] I thought this is basically a lifetime chance … when I met Wachowskis I saw the pre-production stuff I was kind of overwhelmed. Basically I am pretty sure there is no doubt it is going to beyond your expectations. Whatever you thought or imagined, it is going to be beyond that, so that’s why I chose this one. Basically I really appreciate this opportunity, so thank you for that. Also the other cast and crew… Susan Sarandon is his favorite actress, and Matthew Fox, and Emile Hirsch, and all this all international cast, I’m really, really happy to be working with them. So just keep an eye on us and thank you for that, thank you for everything.

PRESS: Question to Mr. Silver: could you elaborate on why it took so long to get this made, to get this started.

JOEL SILVER: These movies have a life, it just somehow works out that way. It took me a long time to make V For Vendetta as well, it took years before we could put that together, and I think that just now is the right time for Speed Racer. It just feels that the technology has advanced and we can do what we want to do. Earlier we would be trying to have these cars drive down the track and jump in the air and do things that they really could never have done, and I think now we can do all that. I think that it is just a perfect time for the movie and it feels like this is the way it came together. You never know when that is going to happen, but you work hard on these movies and some happen, as I said before, very quickly, and some take a long time, and I just think that now is the right time for this picture.

MC: Benno, you’re a huge star in Germany and you’ve worked on a few international productions, what did you think when you received the call to be a part of Speed Racer?

BENNO “BENNO” FÜRMANN: It could be worse… that was my first thought… with these people here and the Brothers. What I like about it, I play a pretty straight forward inspector who is fighting the bads of a corrupt corporate enterprise for a better tomorrow, so to speak. And the baking thing definitely did it for me again, after getting to watch Susan Sarandon bake it was even more worthwhile preserving this world for a better future.

PRESS: I probably have the typical Berlin question, because first I would like to know how long are you guys staying in Berlin and I would also like to know what you are planning to do or what you would like to see in Berlin, what do you like here, what are you doing in your spare time and where would you like to go?

CHRISTINA: We’re here about four months I think and I’m really excited, I’ve never been here before and I’ve been here about a week now. I have heard so much about Berlin being such an amazing cultural centre and so I’m excited to see a lot of the art that’s here.

EMILE HIRSCH: The people here in Germany, I love them, it’s just, it’s a completely different culture than the United States, but it’s just as wonderful. We’ve been going to different restaurants every single night like clockwork because we haven’t started shooting yet, and there’re just so many great restaurants here, you know, a lot of German restaurants and a lot of Italian… although I wasn’t the biggest fan of the blood sausage… afterwards they were like, you ordered blood sausage? Are you crazy?

SUSAN SARANDON: You can’t talk about that at the junket though. I’ve been here for the Cinema for Peace, which was fantastic but of course it’s not really like living here, and since we’ll be here for a long time. I know this is a big summer for art in Berlin, I’m hoping also, I don’t know if I’ll be able to get to some of the other cities that are having [events] and the big sculpture thing that they’re having here, and I know that there’s a lot of music. I’m looking for the underbelly, so if anybody wants to drop off any suggestions to the production office, but I know that there’s a lot of great music coming out of here, so I’m on a mission. Also, I’m very happy that dogs can eat in restaurants, because in the United States they don’t let you anywhere near a restaurant with a dog, so I’ve brought my dog to expand her horizons a little bit and I’m going to take her to a lot of… maybe blood sausage restaurants, I don’t know.

EMILE HIRSCH: She won’t like it.

SUSAN SARANDON: She won’t like it? But I hear this is the happening place, right? So if anybody has any suggestions because we’re shooting short days so this should open up… we’re giving up lunch so we can have our nighttimes.

MC: What about you Mr. Goodman?

JOHN GOODMAN: I’d like to learn the language as rapidly as possible and avoid police trouble.

PRESS: A question to Mr. Hiroyuki Sanada, what kind of character do you play in the movie and what impression did you have from the first meeting with the Wachowski Brothers?

HIROYUKI SANADA: I play Mr. Mushi, a kind of businessman, the owner of the motors, a little strange and maybe against this family, sorry, and a little mysterious and a little funny. That’s all. I met the Brothers three or four years ago, just general. When I read the script, I was moved, which I thought for Speed Racer was all enclosed in the script, it was great, I want to be there and work with them. I’m so excited and I can’t wait to start shooting.

PRESS: [translator speaking] The question is if Benno is going to show all of you around Germany, and especially Berlin.

BENNO “BENNO” FÜRMANN: [translator speaking] He said that he’s rented a car and you don’t have to worry about anything because he knows exactly where he needs to go, so always keep close to Benno.

PRESS: Question to Susan Sarandon: you’re not only a beautiful actress but also known as very engaged on political matters, do you follow the discussions about the G8 meeting in Heiligendamm and do you have a message to the politicians over there?

SUSAN SARANDON: See, you put the nice part in the beginning so I would feel very comfortable getting myself in trouble with the second part of the question. I was at the G8 when it was in Scotland, that was my G8 time, I put in for that one. I guess it’s the same message all the time, I think it’s really great that anybody even notices and understands now what the G8 is about, so that’s been a plus. But I have to say, in order of what’s going on in my country, compared to worrying about the G8, it’s not at the top of my list at the moment.

MC: Let’s get back to the movie.

PRESS: This question is for Mr. Joel Silver: are you going to have stunt performers for the dangerous scenes?

JOEL SILVER: Yes, there will be some stunt performers in the picture, but most of that work is going to be done in the safety of the computer, so I think that we’re going to be pretty OK in that. I mean there are some things that we need to do, but all the really dangerous things will not be dangerous.

MC: Kick and Roger, we’ve been talking about all the characters that most of the other actors play, could you explain to us what role you are playing in the movie Speed Racer and what it’s all about.

ROGER ALLAM: Well, I’m from England, and I’m playing someone who isn’t very nice. Royalton is the head of a huge corporation, a many tentacled corporation, and I think he kind of seeks a kind of world domination through the medium of car racing. In a sense, I suppose he kind of represents the large corporate ethic against the loyalty and love and friendship of the family. Why he is like he is, I think I’ll have to tell you in a few months time.

KICK GURRY: I’m from Australia and I play a character that is the exact opposite of everything Roger just said. Which is good because it’s British and Australian, so it’s kind of fitting.

PRESS: Could this be the beginning of a new franchise?

JOEL SILVER: Wouldn’t that be great! I mean, I hope so, we hope so, that was the intention. We have to make the first one to make sure people like it and that we know what we’re doing, but the story does continue and it would be fun to continue it, so I hope so, yes.

SUSAN SARANDON: I am really trying very hard to just get on the lunch box. Or a thermos.

PRESS: I’ve got a question about the creativity, or the problems with creativity, when working with purely green screen. I wonder if the cast can answer that.

EMILE HIRSCH: For me it’s a challenge because the things aren’t there, so in a certain sense you have to go back to when you first started acting on stage and you had to imagine the whole world around you. It’s a lot like that, you know, whereas on a film the sets are there, and everything is kind of interacting with you. I think it just requires a crazy imagination and a willingness to kind of go for it, I’d say.

PRESS: [translator speaking] He’s asking Christina Ricci and Emile Hirsch if they know anything about Ji Hoon Jung and what they think about him.

EMILE HIRSCH: I love him.

CHRISTINA RICCI: Yes. I think I first heard about him on the internet actually and he’s awesome.

EMILE HIRSCH: One of the first films I worked on was with Justin Timberlake, and he was very big in America with the music, so it will be very cool to see how you shape up!

JI HOON JUNG: Thank you Hirsch.

EMILE HIRSCH: I think on June 6th Timberlake might be coming into town, so maybe we’ll go to the concert.

MC: And one last thing Matthew, because you said you didn’t grow up with a television set, how many episodes of Speed Racer did you have to watch in order to prepare for this shoot?

MATTHEW FOX: Well, I did immediately run out and get the DVD set of all the episodes of Speed Racer and I’m sort of working my way through, although after spending some time with the presentation of Larry and Andy and starting to see what they’re doing with this movie, I’m not sure watching the original series is going to be all that helpful, other than in sort of a nostalgic way, and sort of understanding their love for the series and what they’re attempting… how they’re trying to maintain that into this futurized version, but I will spend some time with it, yes.

MC: Thank you very much.

JOEL SILVER: I want to say one more thing. I want to say thank you very much to Owen Paterson and Hugh Bateup for getting this car ready for us for today, they did a beautiful job, thank you guys.

MC: And thank you very much for coming here, all the best for your shoot and we are very much looking forward to seeing the movie next year in May.

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jun 20th, '07, 13:46

RAIN says, "My role of car racer in the movie is homely guy!"

As a newbie to Hollywood, Korean star Rain is lucky enough to work with famous directors and Oscar best actress. Targeting at worldwide market, Rain decided to join a Hollywood production <Speed>, directed by Wachowski brothers. Now, Rain is already one of the team and he accepted interviews from international media. "I'm happy to join the team, it is indeed a good chance to me. My role of car racer may be slight different, he takes good care of family." said Rain.

He also added, "It's an honour, that was what I felt when I received the script. I think it's really a good opportunity to work with such an excellent team." About the role, "Although he is one of the best drivers, I think he's special because he takes good care of his family."

Rain revealed his meeting with Wachowski brothers, "I was deeply impressed and touched when I saw them and the team. They have something more than what I expected. Anything you can think of, they're going to do more than what you can imagine."

Rain talked about the super star in the movie, Oscar's best actress - Susan Sarandon. "She is one of my favourite actresses. Of course I like Matthew Fox, Emile Hirsch, etc. I'm looking forward to this strong cooperation among international stars."

It is said that Rain's entry into Hollywood is because of Joel Silver, the movie producer of <Speed>. He is the one who recommended Rain. He expressed that "When I was in Japan, I noticed that the welcome session to an VIP in the hotel. He looks like a foreign star. I was curious but he is handsome. So, when Wachowski brothers discussed a car racing movie with me and mentioned about their intention to form an internatinal cast, immediately I think of this guy!"

Source: Shanghai Youth
Posted by Baidu RAIN bar
Translation by jjbug@rain-malaysia
credit: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... tart=39960

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Jun 21st, '07, 18:32

Wow..that's an AWESOME opportunity for Bi to show the world what he's made of...kudos to him and i hope it turns out well! cant wait to see it! ^__^

masoud

Post by masoud » Jun 22nd, '07, 01:30

I like Bi he's soooo hot but that girl...eeeeww! I just think she's ugly...not actress material.

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jun 22nd, '07, 15:13

Rain will use his name for US concerts, US court dismissed the law suit
Star News

World Star, Rain is able to use his name for US concerts after all.
StarM, who conducting Rain’s world tour, announced US court dismissed the law suit from Rain Corp. which requesting not to use Rain name in Rain’s concert in USA on 22nd of June.

Earlier, Rain Corp. from Nevada filed law suit requesting Rain should not use name Rain for his USA concerts.
This company has Beatle Tribute band called ‘Rain’ and the reason for the law suit was they have the service right register for the name, Rain.

They filed the law suit for service right on Feb. 22 and also filed the request Rain to stop the US concert tour. Therefore Rain’s US concert became a vague and ended up postponing US concerts.

StarM said, “US concerts are already postponed so we are discussing reschedule of concerts (ATL, NY, SF, LA) will release new schedule once it is decided”.

Rain will perform LA concert on Jun. 30 and head to Berlin, Germany to shoot his new movie, Speed Racer.

Source; WonKyum, Kim @ realtime.Star News
Translation; Jay@rain-usa.com
credit: http://www.cloudphilippines.com/viewtop ... 2513#12513

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jun 22nd, '07, 15:20

Singer Rain is going to announce his new agency in early July during his stay in USA. Rain departed from Incheon International Airport at 1930, June 17 to Los Angeles. He arrived in USA earlier to prepare for his LA concert at Staples Center as well as attending the publicity activities. Meanwhile, he is planning a short trip nearby within these two weeks.

A representative of Rain expressed, "He decided to give himself a short break before deciding the new agency. That's why he came to USA earlier. He shall make an official announcement in written form this early July."

Soon after his LA concert, Rain will start his fiming in Hollywood movie <Speed> on July 3 onwards. Instead of flying back to Korea, Rain will go to Berlin directly. Rain has hired a 24-hour tutor to train his English language before he starts the movie.

"Rain will stay in Berlin for two months until the end of August, so Korean fans can hardly see him in these days. He promised that he'll do his best in the casting of the role 'TAEJO TOGOKHAN'..." added by the representative.

Source: DAUM, 김성의 기자 zzam@jesnews.co.kr
credit: http://www.cloudphilippines.com/viewtopic.php?t=1097

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Jun 23rd, '07, 14:49

i dont know if u guys already know
but i just read this
http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/ ... 57,00.html

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jun 25th, '07, 11:00

BI, Oppa, Rain or Jung Ji hoon whatever this person name is he's still the same person that we knew from the start - the humble and hardworking individual and as a son and brother also. we do know that he'd been to many obstacles in his life and still he's able to stand up because of that, many people idolized him and looked at him as their model. I will never forget the first time i've seen him in TV. he's such a nice guy and full of energy but i can see it in his eyes that he's really determined to succeed and that's what's happening right now. eventhough that i'm not a korean i'm proud to be an asian because there's a korean person that represents asian to the western countries (US market) i'm praying for your continouos success, good health and happiness. i just hope that you can take time to relax and rest. whatever happen to your life, career we're still here to support you all the way...

Happy Birthday
God Bless
Aja! Aja! Fighting!

I guess 25th is really a lucky day for me because it's our pay day.. since we cannot celebrate it with you physically we you're clouds we'll celebrate that special day of yours... just remember we're here for you

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jun 25th, '07, 11:01

Rain played in CNN special ad as a representative of Korea

Actor and singer Rain(aka Jung, Ji-hoon) will play a main model in the special ad which will aired in CNN, the world's biggest news channel.

The special feature of this ad, so called Vignette, is a excluding most of commercial message. Because of this feature, this kind of ads are well received by the consumers, and recently utilized actively around the public enterprises in America.

Korea Tourism Organization is advertising a ad "Korea Sparkling!" in about 17 countries from last April of which the main model is Rain, who is growing to a global star. The ad has been rated as it contributed to let the world know about the diversity of Korea, especially the soft side of it. Making special ad is arranged by the proposal of the CNN official, who watched this ad. He proposed making and conducting of new style ad to Korea Tourism Organization.

Cha So hee, the chief of a section, said that this ad was made only for CNN Channel and it would help advertising the charm of traveling Korea for two months from July.

And Rain, 'the face of Korea' played in this ad, was in many news by appearing in the 'Talk Asia' special which is famous talk show of CNN. He is perfoming very actively as a world star who represents Korea such as being selected to '100 Most Influential People of the Year' by Times in 2006.

source: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/star_ ... 1111890572
translated by windflower@rain-eu

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jun 25th, '07, 11:32

samantha luz wrote:
Soon after his LA concert, Rain will start his fiming in Hollywood movie <Speed> on July 3 onwards. Instead of flying back to Korea, Rain will go to Berlin directly. Rain has hired a 24-hour tutor to train his English language before he starts the movie.

"Rain will stay in Berlin for two months until the end of August, so Korean fans can hardly see him in these days. He promised that he'll do his best in the casting of the role 'TAEJO TOGOKHAN'..." added by the representative.
Nyyyaaa!!! He's coming to my country!!! Only 2 hours from my hometown!!!!! :blink
Will I be able to meet him?????????????? :crazy:
..........probably not :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Jun 26th, '07, 10:21

littledraci wrote:
samantha luz wrote:

Nyyyaaa!!! He's coming to my country!!! Only 2 hours from my hometown!!!!! :blink
Will I be able to meet him?????????????? :crazy:
..........probably not :cry: :cry: :cry:
You're lucky! You should go stalk him in berlin! :mrgreen:

HEy...yesterday was Bi's Birthday!!! :w00t:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jun 26th, '07, 11:11

You're lucky! You should go stalk him in berlin! Mr. Green
Well.... I still have one week vacation left :scratch: :scratch: :mrgreen:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jun 28th, '07, 07:16

..but there is one problem left....I don't really know, where they're shooting... and since Berlin isn't that small ... and I don't really know, when they're shooting.... aahhhh!!! *damn it* :crazy:

clumsy

Post by clumsy » Jun 30th, '07, 13:18

hey! whts wid the footage in youtube of Bi being shot while performing. I tried searching for news but widout success. Does anyone know if it was just a stunt or for real? :-(

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jun 30th, '07, 18:02

WTF? :blink Where? Can you give the link?

clumsy

Post by clumsy » Jul 2nd, '07, 01:55

LINK::

:cry: hope its just a stunt

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jul 2nd, '07, 06:18

Aiiisscchhh, you really scared me, clumsy ^-^
I'm pretty sure, that was only a stunt..like the comments on the vid said, there was no screaming from Rain and even his dancers didn't react....
And it is from last year and so far I know there was nothing about it in any newspaper...
*itwasjustastuntitwasjustastuntitwasjustastunt* ^-^

clumsy

Post by clumsy » Jul 2nd, '07, 23:20

was a bit skeptical about the comments in youtube, esp coz all the dancers gathered around him after it happened! :whistling:...HAIiiizzzz ..guess its just my over imaginative brain working overtime :unsure: But i am SUPER glad to know he is OK!! :D

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jul 3rd, '07, 04:32

clumsy wrote:HAIiiizzzz ..guess its just my over imaginative brain working overtime :unsure:
I wouldn't say that, I would say, they are good actors, so it has to look real ^-^

groink

Post by groink » Jul 3rd, '07, 04:39

clumsy wrote:LINK::

LOL! Consider the date on that video... It was posted late 2006. If it was real, you wouldn't be seeing him canceling concerts in the U.S. left and right in 2007...

--- groink

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jul 3rd, '07, 14:02

just wanna share this article to you guys...

[03-Jul-07][LA Times]Rain's world tour is clouded by snafus

Forced to cancel his L.A. show, the South Korean pop star blames miscommunication, technical difficulties and vows not to slow down.

By Chris Lee, Times Staff Writer
July 3, 2007

South Korean pop superstar Rain blamed local concert promoter V2B Global for technical difficulties that resulted in the cancellation of his performance Saturday night at Staples Center — the last in a string of planned U.S. shows in the singer-dancer-actor's "Rain's Coming" world tour that failed to go on as scheduled.

But viewed another way, the show's last-minute cancellation can be partially attributed to a breakdown of the K-pop phenom's celebrity industrial complex. Miscommunication between his various American tour promoters, as well as Rain's recent changeover from his powerful talent manager, Park Jin Young, to a new manager accounted for at least some of the confusion that led to the technical trouble that stopped the show.

The missed concert — for which 77% of available tickets were sold, according to Ticketmaster — could push back his efforts to establish his pop stardom in America by as much as two years.

"The local promoter didn't set up everything," Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-Hoon, said through an interpreter Sunday. "When I came to the venue, the LED screen couldn't be set up. I have rain falling in the concert — that couldn't work. The stage wasn't set up, there were no lights, no sound. I wanted to do a great show. But yesterday, I couldn't get on stage."

V2B's Chief Executive Andy Kim, however, tells a very different story, insisting the tour's original promoter, StarM, pulled the plug on the show after discovering the production would not be able to use Rain's massive Korean-made LED screen — a central component of his stage show — because it didn't conform to American electrical standards.

"It was a safety issue on the equipment they provided," Kim said. "But the real reason the concert was canceled is the Korean team didn't move quickly enough to make an alternative plan.

"They kicked me, the local promoter, out of meetings they were having with management," he added. "Then at 5:30 [Saturday], Staples wants me to approve a press release saying the concert has been canceled. StarM didn't consult me. I didn't know until I saw the press release."

Rain, 25, part of the globally popular "Korean Wave" movement and often referred to as "the Justin Timberlake of Asia," said he felt sad and angry about disappointing fans, some of whom had traveled from Tokyo, Hong Kong and Seoul for the performance.

"I'm feeling ridiculous about the situation," said Rain. "I came here [to Los Angeles] two weeks before the concert, prepared everything and had a press conference. Then the stage wasn't set up. I couldn't even sing."

The cancellation comes as the capper on what the Korea Times called "perhaps the most ambitious and expensive world concert tour by any Korean artist" and on the heels of postponed Rain concerts last month in Honolulu, New York, Atlanta and San Francisco because, Kim said, tour organizers hadn't anticipated the difficulties of transporting the singer's 28 18-wheel trucks worth of stage rigging and 96-person entourage from Asia.

The "Rain's Coming" tour — and specifically, the Staples Center gig — was Rain's last professional attachment to JYP Entertainment, the management firm owned by his former manager, Park, a former pop superstar in his own right who Rain let go in May. (His new manager, Dong Won Cho, quit JYP to work for Rain.) JYP sold the rights to the American tour stops to another Korean firm, Revolution Entertainment, which in turn parceled them out to promoters including Click Entertainment in Hawaii and V2B Global. In January 2006, JYP oversaw Rain's performances in New York and Las Vegas, which went off without a hitch.

On Saturday, StarM, the tour's original promoter, put out a news release that explained the technical concerns that it said stopped the concert and accused V2B Global of financial mismanagement.

"Literally, the stage structure wasn't set up until one and a half hours before the show," the statement reads. "Moreover, it was ordered that none of the electronically related tour equipment (LED screen, conveyor belt, stage setting generator, special effects pump, etc.) brought from Korea could be used because of the Staples Center provision based on the electronics security and fire services act."

It continued: "The fundamental problem was the local promoter V2B Global's financial status. The local production team wasn't paid on time …."

Kim denies the allegations, countering, "We paid cash to everyone at the show."

At 6:30 p.m. Saturday, just an hour and a half before show time, notices that the concert had been canceled went up at Staples Center. Hundreds of fans lingered at the venue for hours afterward, however, some crying, many chanting Rain's name and all waiting for any word of what prevented the singer from taking the stage.

"I couldn't believe it. I had been looking forward to it for so long," said Michael Ryan, 17, who drove from San Diego for the concert. "It was like waiting all year for Christmas and then not getting anything."

At around 12:45 Sunday morning, the singer met with some 200 fans who had flown in from as far away as Thailand, Canada, Japan and Vietnam in the restaurant of the Wilshire Grand Hotel to personally apologize. "He wanted to show fans how much he cared but you could see he was very devastated," said Jay Yarbrough, 40, from Pocono, Pa. "People were crying. They cared more about Rain being upset than about missing the concert."

Rain said he hoped to record an English language album in the next year but acknowledged that it could take up to two years to get that project off the ground. And it will be at least two years before he can return to perform in the United States. Nonetheless, he remained sanguine about making good on his desire to become the first Asian superstar to cross over to an American audience. "I learned a lot of things from this situation," Rain said. "I'm angry and sad but it's not going to slow me down. What I'm going to do is make it perfect with the American promoters and do it step by step next time."

Dismissing the notion he was disappointed about having to forestall his dream of becoming a "worldwide superstar," the singer pointed out his debut Hollywood film role in the Wachowski brothers' big-budget action-adventure tent pole film "Speed Racer" will put him in the American limelight inside of a year (the movie is set for release in May 2008).

"I don't worry about it," he said. "I'm shooting a film. I'm going to show my character in that film. I don't feel a failure."

credit: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 46&st=5980

clumsy

Post by clumsy » Jul 3rd, '07, 23:58

groink wrote:
clumsy wrote:LINK::

LOL! Consider the date on that video... It was posted late 2006. If it was real, you wouldn't be seeing him canceling concerts in the U.S. left and right in 2007...

--- groink
now i m so ashamed of my post.. :crazy:

samantha luz

Post by samantha luz » Jul 5th, '07, 11:22

another related article about this... got this while surfing the net at the office... i just hope that this was not posted before...

Rain talked to fans at Rain-US fanmeeting on June.30,2007

Translation of Ji Hoon’s speech at fan meeting

와주신 거 진심으로 감사드리구요,
I appreciate for coming down here .

그리고 오늘 공연이, 최고의 공연이 될꺼라고 분명히 다짐했는데
본의아니게 안정상의 문제와 그리고 제가 공연장에 도착했을 때는 아예 무대가 없었어요. 무대가 설치되지 않았었고,
About tonight’s show, i made sure it’d be the greatest show ever~~
but against my will, and mixed up with safety, there was no stage ready when i got to the spot.

제가 여러분과의 약속에서 분명히 최선의 노력을 다했지만,
일단 여러분들께 약속한, 공연의 100% 를 보여드리려고 분명히 약속했는데
그것을, 일단 지키지 못한 것에 대해서 못해서 대단히 죄송하게 생각하구요~~(fans’ cheering~~ it’s all right, it’s ok~~)
I mentioned before, i’d try to do my best and promised to bring a 100&% stage for you guys,
I’m so sorry i couldn’t keep my words for that at first.

그 월드투어에 마지막을 참 장식하게 되어서 굉장히 가슴이 아프구요,
아시아 투어의 미국까지 오는데, 저에게는 이루 말할 수 없는 연습시간과
그리고 제 노력과 믿음과 여러분들에 대한, 여러분들의 기뻐하는 생각으로 가득 차 있었는데,

I’m really hurt the last of my world tour ended up like this,
from the Asia tour to the States, the countless time of practice and my effort,
not to mention, the faith of yours and your will-be joy on the faces, are all i was thinking full in my head….

어쨌든 아시아투어를 너무 성공리에 잘 끝내게 해 주신 모든 아시아팬들께,
다시 한번 감사드리고 또 미국내에있는 모든 팬 여러분들께 정말, 죄송하게 생각하고
빠른 시일내에 더 좋은 공연으로 꼭, 아주 좋은 사람들과 공연을 갖도록 하겠습니다.

Anyhow, i’d like to thank again all of the Asisan fans, who made the success over there possible,
and really feel sorry for all of fans in the States. I’ll try to have much better gig(s) with very good staffs within short time.

이번 일은 정말 진심으로 죄송하다는 말씀 드리고 싶고,
너무나 억울한 것은, 말 아무 것도 결정을 지을수가 없었다는 것이고,
모든것은 앞으로 제가 더 열심히 꼭 좋은 모습 보여드릴 수 있도록 하겠습니다.
I’d like to say my apology again with my heart.
Above all, the worst thing i can’t deal with is there’s nothing I could make a decision of.
(so) about everything, i will try to show you my best effort in the future.

감사하구요, 저는 이제 내일 바로 베를린으로 가서 이제 영화 촬영을 시작을 해야 될 것 같애요.
몇달동안 제 소식이 없을 지도 모르는데, 영화도 잘 찍고 오겠습니다. 감사합니다.
thank you, Now i’m going to Berlin tomorrow right away to start to shoot the film.
There mihgt be no news from me at all for months, though, I’ll be back after shooting.

I appreciate. thank you.

cerdit: Sydney @ Rain- USA

source : hourse’s mouth @ Benamoo

Interview - Singer, Rain: World Concert Tour Cancelled
01 July 07, isjang@yna.co.kr
Credit: baidu.com
Kr to Ch: lovebi_rain
Ch to Eng: rayndrop

“Although I’ve given my all, but things didn’t go as I’ll like them to, and I couldn’t keep my promise of a concert. I’m very sorry.”

Rain, whose LA World Concert Tour was cancelled attended the fan-meeting at Wilshire Grand Hotel on 30th June. He apologised several times, and said, “This is the last concert in the World Concert Tour. I’m very sad it ended that way.”

To the fifty-odd fans who flew in especially from Japan, Rain said, “I had countless practices and was determined to make my fans happy. I didn’t expect to reach the concert venue at Staples Centre and encounter a situation where even the stage is incomplete.” “Facing a situation where I cannot make any decisions (cannot do anything about), I feel helpless (wronged).”

Below is an interview with Rain:

Q: The LA concert was the only remaining concert left in the US concert tour. What was cancelled too?
A: I was determined to make it a successful concert, but things did not go as I wanted it to be, and the concert was cancelled due to security reasons. When I arrived at the concert hall, the stage was not constructed at all. Although I did all I can, I couldn’t keep my promise to the fans. I am extremely apologetic.

Q: After a succession of cancellations, do you have any plans to reschedule?
A: Due to this ridiculous conclusion to the final concert of my world tour, my heart is really aching. After successfully completing the Asia tour, I have put in countless effort and determination to make the US tour a perfect end to the World Concert Tour. All I hoped for was to make my fans happy, but things turned out this way in the end. I’ll like to thank my Asian fans for making the Asia tour a success, and to my US fans who have been anticipating my concert, I am so very sorry. I will work towards meeting my fans on a better stage in the near future. I will definitely do my concerts with good people.

Q: Was there no way to stop that chain of problems that had happened?
A: For what had happened, I’ll like to apologize once again. I feel wronged I wasn’t able to make any decision (do anything) about this. At the end of the day, I’ve learned that everything requires me to be even more hardworking. I will put in even more effort to put on a better performance.

Q: What’s your schedule like going forward?
A: I’ll be flying to Berlin tomorrow to begin filming of the movie “Speed Racer”. In many months to come, I may be unable to give any news to my fans. I will return after the filming concludes.

Below is an interview with Star M Lee In-Gwang:

Q: You didn’t anticipate a scenario where the concert will be cancelled?
A: Yesterday (29th), at around 11pm, we realised the severity of the situation. V2B Global, which has been emphasizing that there are no problem, did not pay the production people in time. the equipments did not reach the concert site at all. Furthermore, the specifications at Staples Centre did not meet requirements. V2B Global came to us once with the cash and guaranteed to do their best for the concert. We had to make good our promise to let them handle the concert, but in the end, we had to cancel the concert due to insufficient time.

Q: The reason behind all the US concerts being cancelled?
A: The local production and organising companies all made grand promises of being able to handle the concerts, but in the end, they scr3wed up. In the case of the LA concert, due to delayed payment, there was even an incident when the lighting crew walked away. In order to keep our promise to fans, we paid the transport logistics, the air tickets of relevant personnel and even food expenses. We have tried our best, but things simply did not happen according to our will. We are in deep discussion about the directly handling issues such as relevant rent and the ticket sales for the next concert.

Q: In other words, there will be rescheduling?
A: We may have brought too much disappointment to the fans already. For them, at worst, we will even consider doing a free concert. Far all the problems that have happened with the concerts, we will re-look at them and come up with improved strategies. Thereafter, we will reschedule after proper planning. Such an incident will not happen again.

======== Below is the full official statement from StarM: ========

Rain’s LA concert on June 30 was forced to be cancelled.

In the official statement on July 1 (Korea time), StarM mentioned the lawsuit about the artist name ‘Rain’ caused most USA tour concerts were postponed on June 7. Based on V2B Global, the LA producer’s firm decision on LA concert and ignoring Rain and StarM’s opinion, and yet the concert was unable to be held as planned.

In short, the basic stage setup was not even built properly one and a half hour before the show started. In particular, according to the electricity safety law in LA city and fire prevention rules stated by Staples Center, all the electrical equipment including huge LED screen, conveyor belt, electricity generator for stage facilities, motors for special effects, etc are not allowed for use. Electricity supply is only available for UL microphone and all these important info was not delivered to StarM and world tour stage crews by the local producer and agency.

Due to time constrain, the time for stage setup was not enough but all the crews still did their best from day to night. Even though, the LA safety officer gave instructions to move away all equipments three hours before the show began.

Understanding the bad situation, Rain would like to carry on his concert as scheduled. To prepare for his last world tour concert, Rain arrived LA two weeks ago and put in all his efforts into the preparation works. He even expressed his strong will that he wanted the concert to go on although there was only one song he could sing.

Nonetheless, it was unlikely to have the concert since the basic stage setup was not done. That was a stage that the performers, crews and even the audience would be doubtful about its safety.

The main problem is the capital problem of local organiser, V2B Global. They did not pay the deposit to local producer on time and thus, all the necessary equipment and facilities could not arrive on time or incomplete. The protuding stage and two-level stage were not ready on the concert day itself.

To understand the real situation, StarM and world tour crews have been trying to communicate with local producer but the local organiser lied to the crews and StarM. They said the producer was backout on that day because the cheque they received was overdrawn. Moreover, the local organiser did not pay for the food provided to the artist and working crews. Thus, all the expenses including air tickets of working crews and transportation fees for equipment were paid by StarM.

StarM would like to hold the concert as usual even they had to pay the cost. However due to the lack of time, they felt so sorry for the fans who come over for the last concert in Rain’s world tour.

Source: Starnews
Eng translation by jjbug@rain-malaysia
Credit to all the info: soompi
Pic Credit: Source: Benamoo