Lee Dong Wook

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Mz_Wookie

Post by Mz_Wookie » Apr 24th, '08, 10:38

goodies for u all :

1. LDW in bittersweetlife location
credit:CY
thank: ?ing @baidu

DOWNLOAD

thanx to princess lee@ldwthailand

2. [21-04-08]teaserBittersweet Life
credit:Iris
thank: cysan@baidu

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/notice/1680439_4771.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZFxcdiS2Q

utk download:

credit:imbc.com

DOWNLOAD[/size]

3.Lee Dong Wook,Oh Yeon Soo,Jeong Bo Seok,Park Si Yeon-Bittersweet Life Poster Making Film MBC Offical Vod

이동욱(이준수),오연수(윤혜진),정보석(하동원),박시연(홍다애)-달콤한 인생 포스터 촬영영상

Youtube Watch Link

Vod Cap Source-MBC Home.

Credit- mandalaywith@Lee Dong Wook soompi Thread

Bittersweet Life Poster Making Film Vod Download is MY CB LeeDongWook folder.

http://clubbox.co.kr/mdy80

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/mdy80/qn54h

you join MY Cb, You Can Download file.
cred: mandalaywith@soompi

DOWNLOAD

twistedmind

The Man Book 198 Pieces

Post by twistedmind » Jun 9th, '08, 12:15

I'm pretty sure you guys have already heard about his movie (The Man Book 198 Pieces) with Kim Eugene. I'm just curious if the movie was already released? I've been searching for articles related to their movie but I just found few links about it. Help, help!

twistedmind

The Man Book 198 Pieces

Post by twistedmind » Jun 9th, '08, 12:15

I'm pretty sure you guys have already heard about his movie (The Man Book 198 Pieces) with Kim Eugene. I'm just curious if the movie was already released? I've been searching for articles related to their movie but I just found few links about it. Help, help!

dinence

Post by dinence » Jun 23rd, '08, 12:40

news for Demons Living In My Body sub ?

animelvr

Post by animelvr » Jul 6th, '08, 11:28

Heh... wow.... I guess his fame from My Girl has seriously faded since two years ago. Bittersweet Life is probably not going to bring him as many fans as My Girl or even the same ones. He's the type that looks almost completely different hairstyle or including facial hair, but I have to say, he really does look his best and played his best in My Girl. I mean, with his hair before he didn't look any different than a regular Korean person who or is an actor; nobody special. But with his new hairstyle that appeared in My Girl, he looked really bright and you could easily pin him down in any crowd. He has a good complexion, so putting hair on his forehead or adding facial hair really hides his nice skin. His eyes look really unique and amazing too, but when he has "bangs", I guess, really hides that and his eyebrows that really brings out his emotions and expressions. On second thought, I think his eyebrows might be the most important unique feature of his face. Because after he had hair that fell on his forehead or when there's facial hair on him, then his eyebrows don't really match his other two "images" anymore. He kind of didn't look Korean/Asian; when I first glanced at him I thought he was half Korean/Asian half American or something. Well, bottom line, in my opinion, he looks best in My Girl because of his hair and because he has no facial hair.

His acting was adorable in My Girl. I loved the parts when they were imagining things because they both had to put themselves in different roles and it was just really cute. He really seemed to fit into his character, though sadly I Imagen his real self quite different from the series, but he made his character believable and really cute when being in embarrassment. Well, I don't really know much about acting, so that's all I have to say about that.

xiongsee

Post by xiongsee » Oct 9th, '08, 20:47

when is that movie going to come out !!!! i can't wait any longer.... gosh

twistedmind

Post by twistedmind » May 31st, '09, 08:27

Got to watch his movie with Eugene and I'm a bit disappointed after watching it. The storylines for both Dong Wook and Eugene didn't work out well for me or maybe, I expected a lot from the movie. Anyway, I hope for better projects (dramas and movies) for Dong Wook. I believe he's a good actor and he deserves good projects. :)

TaroTard

Post by TaroTard » Aug 13th, '09, 22:24

I absolutely LOVED him in 'My Girl' he was just perfect and so gorgeous, I am loving him at the mo in 'Partner' too can't wait to see how it ends <3

esgmania

Post by esgmania » Aug 25th, '09, 03:14

TaroTard wrote:I absolutely LOVED him in 'My Girl' he was just perfect and so gorgeous, I am loving him at the mo in 'Partner' too can't wait to see how it ends <3
I also loved him in "My Girl' and watching "Partner" because of him. I just read an article from allKoreanGossip.com that he will be going to military soon. >< Don't go!

Pikapikapika

Post by Pikapikapika » Sep 15th, '09, 18:12

Me too!!! He's a great actor!!

Peggy

LDW actor

Post by Peggy » Sep 15th, '09, 18:47

Lee Dong Wook is actually a very good actor. He was charming in MY GIRL which brought him to the motice of many people. However, his total change into the character in BITTERSWEET LIFE was amazing. Here was a role that would have been a failure in the hands of most young Korean actors. Dong Wook gave it all the depth it needed and his way of presenting all the inner strife of that character was profound. I think, so far, it is his best acting role.

I am watching PARTNER on the TV and he is doing another light role again but with a deeper background to make his character quite empathetic. I think it is a pity he has to go to military duty at this point but I am sure he will get back into stride when he returns to acting again.
I don't think his hairstyle makes any difference to his acting power. He presents a very real presence on the screen which is what acting is all about. He does not want to be just a pretty face or idol type. I admire his talent.

Peggy

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 7th, '10, 20:18

When he's going out of army? Anyone knows? I've seen an interview in EW, but there was no date.

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Mar 19th, '10, 07:49

I LOVE WOOKIE

:wub: :wub:

I watched My Girl and LOVE it :wub: :wub:

I want to watch Partner but I doubt.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 19th, '10, 12:35

Go and see Perfect Couple. It's a nice comedy. I have seen it like 6 times and every time I liked it^^

LoveWookie

Post by LoveWookie » Jun 26th, '10, 07:43

I love Wookie so much

LoveWookie

Post by LoveWookie » Jun 26th, '10, 07:59

WOOKIE in partner drama
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

:wub: Image

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 18th, '10, 17:19

OH my Oh my ! Ive finished watching Partner its a good drama , even if I wanted to see a kiiiiiisss anyway Ive fallen for Lee Dong Wook he's sooo handsome so cute so gorgeos an amazing actor , I will watch Bittersweet life the waiting for him to return from the military waiting for june & waiting for hs new work !
<3 _ <3

lees91

Post by lees91 » Dec 19th, '10, 13:04

yeah he is .i hope he will be in more drama but since his in military service he wont be doing any dramas for abt 2 yrs (?) .. lol. i love him too!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 11th, '11, 05:13

Few days left ...
And yeah scent of a woman turned out to be a rom-com not a melodrama, so I guess it's pretty good news !
:heart: :faint:
ImageI understand, I really do !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '11, 09:04

I'm not sure if this is a good news. On Nate there was an article stating that the drama market is already oversaturated with rom-coms and this is why some suffer low ratings.
Hmm... Kim Suna^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 11th, '11, 15:48

Yes, you might be right , but I think it has a really solid cast like "Greatest Love" with too many rom-coms this month , it has a good rating and that thanks to its cast !

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 21st, '11, 04:19

He's back yaaay
They look so angelic together , sure this two gonna put me in ecstasy :alcoholic:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 4th, '11, 08:51

I know I know that Im here spamming & spamming keke ! may be I should create a thread for the first time :idea: !
Anyways, I wanted to share a dreamy photo <3
:wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 4th, '11, 12:18

Kim Seonaaaah!! Kim! Seon! Ah!
Damn, I love the woman...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 26th, '11, 10:19

Interview translated by hancinema:
Lee Dong-wook from popular drama "Scent of a Woman" said, "Kang Ji-wook is a character with wounds from the past so it's important to express that in detail".

It doesn't help to say '** ache is boring'. This time it's 'Ji-wook ache'. It's Lee Dong-wook, 30, who plays the role of Kang Ji-wook in the SBS weekend drama "Scent of a Woman". He is a second generation plutocrat who falls in love with Yeon-jae (Kim Seon-ah) who is given 6 months to live. The viewer percentage is over 18% and it is the leading drama at that time schedule.

'Ji-wook ache' hit the peak when he rode a bicycle with Yeon-jae who couldn't ride one, sitting on the handles. Then there was the 'bicycle kiss'. We met Lee Dong-wook in a café in Seoul on the 24th. We asked him, "Who are you?".

- A successful return from the army

"I made my body since the last vacation I had. I was worried and nervous. Thank you for the support. My mind is now at ease because there are no more empty spaces ahead now that I've been to the army".

- What if you really fell into a love like that?

"I think I would be very scared. How at loss would I be. You won't even be able to criticize anyone for breaking up because of cancer. It would be a difficult and serious problem. Every time we shoot a scene, I feel pain. Just the other day, Kim Seon-ah and I met each others eyes and just started crying. We told each other, 'don't make eye contact, don't cry'".

- What's your ideal ending?

"It would be nice as a sad ending or a happy one. Regardless of Yeon-jae's death, we would all realize how important life right now is".

- What kind of character is Yeon-jae?

My ideal woman is a wise one and she is like that. I don't know much since I made my debut in the 2nd grade of high school and have been acting since then but I think wisdom is important. Of course, if she's pretty then that's even better". (laughs)

He never once looked anywhere else or checked his phone throughout the interview. He didn't even drink. He seemed to have gotten into the habit of 'this moment right now'.

- You shine when you act the smallest emotion

"It helped that I took on so many different roles before my national service. I wanted to try out so many more enough to say I looked dumb. I could've selected roles and genres that people liked but I felt if I kept taking on convenient roles, I would soon hit the floor. That helped. It's like I think about my role in a sitcom when I need to over-act".

- Are you planning on doing that in the future as well?

"I decided to select roles that many people could relate to as I was discharged from the army. That was "Scent of a Woman". I don't have plans for anything else yet. But I hope the viewers don't get tired of me. I don't want to hear 'Lee Dong-wook' is always the same'".

-It's been 10 years since your debut. How do you maintain your fame?

"I don't do anything I feel is not right especially anything that conflicts with the law. I am scared. (Laughs) Actually as long as I stick to acting, there shouldn't be any problems. That's one reason I don't show in entertainment programs too. Just in case I make a mistake. I also think I should be concerned about my outfits too. I mean...even what stars wear at the airport becomes an issue..."

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Oct 25th, '11, 00:59

Oh My God !!!!
Wookie on Esquire Photoshoot in Paris
:faint:

pvtv13

Post by pvtv13 » Apr 4th, '12, 06:37

I love Dong wook...saranghe dongwookshi

TempestRider

Post by TempestRider » Nov 18th, '12, 18:00

does he have a new drama right nw?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 23rd, '13, 21:31

I just caught an episode of something called 'Fugitive in Joseon" and I was very surprised to finally recognize Lee Dong Wook.. this must be the first time he is in a costume/ historical type drama. It does not look like him for some reason and I think I prefer him in a modern role. I will watch some more and see how it goes.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 23rd, '13, 21:48

Not sure if he's cut for period roles, but he has a flair for a comedy too, so...
I'm enjoying this drama to the point of obssession, dear Peggy. Glad you watch it too. Do continue, in my opinion it's one of those captivating sageuks lately. And lately only Princess' Man interested me enough. Queen Insoo and airing now Cruel Palace being kinda taeha are different, but very, veeeery good.

LDW has a good chemistry with this little cute talented girl^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 24th, '13, 01:55

Oh I intend to watch this drama for sure. I Love that little girl. She is very talented. You can tell she is going to be an actress in the future. He definitely works well with her. I will take LDW in or out of costume... he is just a very dreamy and satisfyling gentlemen.
I am still totally possessed with Queen Insoo. It is incredible. No subs and it does not matter at all.

Have only managed one episode so far of Cruel Palace. It's good.

I just tinished Reply 1977 for about the third time. they kept repeating it on TV here and I kept on watching. I love that drama. It is sweet and spicy all at the same time.