The Top K-Drama Star for All Times?

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.

Choi Ji-Woo / Winter Sonata
3%
Kwon Sang-Woo / Stairway to Heaven
12%
Song Hye-Gyo / All In
20%
Rain / Full House
25%
Son Ye-Jin / Summer Scent
1%
So Ji-Sup / Misa
12%
Lee Young-Ae / Jewel in the Palace
19%
Won Bin / Autumn Tales
4%
Kim Hee-Sun / Sad Love Song
2%
Bae Yong-Jun / Hotelier
3%

Total votes: 118

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » May 28th, '06, 00:16

Here is the list of 10 Nominees:

Top Five Females:

1. Choi Ji-Woo / Winter Sonata

2. Song Hye-Gyo / Autumn Tales

3. Son Ye-Jin / Summer Scent

4. Lee Young-Ae / Jewel in the Palace

5. Kim Hee-Sun / Sad Love Song

Top Five Males:

1. Kwon Sang-Woo / Stairway to Heaven

2. Bae Yong-Jun / Winter Sonata

3. So Ji-Sup / Misa

4. Won Bin / Autumn Tales

5. Rain / Full House

azarias79

Post by azarias79 » Oct 28th, '06, 20:55

i don´t like all of these k-dramas.

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » Oct 29th, '06, 11:05

with your choices, i'd say WINTER SONATA, a real tearjerker

[img]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/v ... hy2mu5.jpg[/img]

but for me the greatest drama yet is MY GIRL
with it's amazing cast and the consistency of the plot/story........
i love it...

[img]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/v ... mg4487.jpg[/img]

bean

Post by bean » Nov 3rd, '06, 05:32

But i still like winter sonata coz my girl is much to fairy tale story..

But still i like most is Autumn In My Hearts... Damn good.. Feel sad when watch it.. :pale:

Fujia

Post by Fujia » Nov 3rd, '06, 06:03

I love Full House, My Girl, Only You, Attic Cat, MNIKSS, Friends, Wonderful Life, Prince's first Love, Smile Again, Green Rose, Marrying a Millionaire, Bright Girl Success Story, My Love Patzi, 1% of Anithing, Sweet 18, 18 Vs 29, My Sister in Law is 19, The Vineyard Man, The Great Inheritance and more. For me, are all beautiful.

thislove

Post by thislove » Nov 5th, '06, 06:26

So Ji Sub is the best=D

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Nov 5th, '06, 06:48

So Ji Sup performance in Misa blew me away

pristina

Post by pristina » Dec 6th, '06, 20:00

None from the list!!

majing28

Post by majing28 » Jan 14th, '07, 07:06

full house is number one!!!!

[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1587/7 ... 196155.jpg[/img]

makaizzy

Post by makaizzy » Sep 9th, '07, 02:59

for me stairway to heaven, fullhouse, and sorry i love you are d best... :salut:

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Sep 10th, '07, 00:14

ofcourse it's song hye kyo and bi

cassarollsushi

Post by cassarollsushi » Sep 10th, '07, 00:23

gummonster wrote:ofcourse it's song hye kyo and bi
i totally agree w/ u (but i might be biased because full house is my favorite drama)

ladykrizzy

Post by ladykrizzy » Sep 10th, '07, 13:31

FEMALES:
1. SONG HYE GYO
2. CHOI JI WOO
3. HA JI WON
4. YOON EUN HEE
5. LEE YEONG AE

MALES:
1. WON BIN
2. RAIN
3. KIM RAE WON
4. SO JI SUP
5. KIM JEONG HOON

xtine

Post by xtine » Sep 10th, '07, 14:03

SONG HYE GYO
SONG HYE GYO
SONG HYE GYO

miyukigrg

Post by miyukigrg » Sep 24th, '07, 07:46

female
Song Hye-Gyo /Full house
Son Ye-Jin / Summer Scent

male
Rain / Full House
So Ji-Sup / Misa

belleza

Post by belleza » Sep 24th, '07, 11:09

If we're talking THE biggest star in Korea, I think the #1 is Kong Sang-Ho (The Host.) But I don't know whether he's done TV. Maybe Kim Min Jong.

On that list, I *think* the top stars are Kwong Sang-Woo and Lee Young-Ae. I imagine Park Shin-yang (Lovers in Paris, Money Warfare) is up there too. Kim Sun Ah is the reigning queen of comedy.

Running through the list. I'm going to assume we're talking about the last 5-10 years.

Bae Yong-Jun and Choi Ji-Woo . . . I'm sorta biased here, because BYJ and CJW is still my favorite couple of all-time. Even when they do commercial spots together, I get that oogly, tingly feeling inside.

That said, it's really hard to tell with both because their popularity were distorted and extended by Winter Sonata's success (and thus Hallyu) in Japan. I wouldn't say BYJ was "has-been" by the time of Winter Sonata, but he was kinda stepping down from A-list status for the next generation. Winter Sonata was reunion of BYJ/CJW from their First Love soap, which was extremely popular when they were both up and coming actors. Up to 2003, CJW was viewed as the Queen of the Tearjerker, but tearjerker dramas are no longer fashionable. Air City didn't do well, and so it's hard to say whether she's truly "A-list" anymore.

Song Hye Kyo . . . I have mixed feelings over SHK, because she's without question the most overestimated actress in our demographic of K-drama. And, this coming from a fan of her and many of her dramas. It's just that there's bigger draws and more critically lauded actresses (of similar age), and that even from a typical Korean's perspective, she doesn't fit the "classic beauty" standards of the super, super top-tier beauties. (Though it should be noted that the rest of Asia disagrees with the Koreans on this issue. ;) )

But, one also has to put SHK's career into perspective. Eun Hye is currently 22 years old, and is arguably the hottest rising star in K-drama. Well, at 22 years old, Song Hye Kyo already finished her last K-drama. This, after international hits Autumn Tale, All In, Full House, and Hotelier. And then . . . almost nothing. While her peers have all gone to have successful movie careers, gain critical respect, and star in little known dramas like Jumong, she at a very young 26 years old is viewed as an actress on the comeback. Which may already be happening. Hwang Jini, which didn't do well but her performance nevertheless gained attention from critics.

Son Ye Jin . . . I'm biased because she's one of my favorite leads. I think she's a brilliant, brilliant actress who can play anything . . . except that she hasn't had the body of work yet to prove this. It's easy to forget that, though she seems to only get paired with 30-something leads and she has an elegant, sophisticated image -- girlie's only 25 years old. Give her another 4-5 years and I think she'll be considered one of the great actresses of her generation.

So Ji Sup . . .And again biased because he's one of my favorite leads. Sure, over the past 3 years, it's been fun being charmed with your Joo Ji Hoon, Lee Jung Ki, Hyun Bin, and Rain, and rooting for actors like Gong Yoo and Eom Tae Wong (who has greatness written all over his recent performances.) But if I want to know what love is, if I want somebody to show me . . . it's all about muthaf***ing So Ji Sup!!! That said, even though he ran 3 hits in a row prior to his service -- 1000 Years of Love, What Happened in Bali, and MiSa -- it's really Cain and Abel, hyped as the next SBS blockbuster, that'll determine his viability.

Rain . . . Hard to say, because Rain mostly has chosen unconventional roles outside of Full House. Even Cyborg (as much of director Park Chan-wook's recent stuff) was as much art film as romantic comedy. He's undoubtedly Korea's biggest celebrity, but the jury's still out on his draw as an actor. Even in Korea, where every pop singer seems "retire" into acting, there's still a stigma for acceptance. Rain can be the next Kim Ming Jong, though.

Won Bin . . . Mmm, not really in the running. He's well regarded as one of the most handsome Korean actors and he's relatively popular in Japan due to Autumn Tale and Friends.

Kim Hee-Sun . .. Yeah, I think The Most Beautiful Woman of Korea is up there, by virtue of her popularity in China. I think she is to China what Choi Ji Woo is to Japan. That said . . .

Lee Young Ae . . . Yeah, I think she is #1. Jewel in the Palace is the defining drama of our time, and she is the cultural ambasaddor of Korea to the Asian world.

Kwon Sang-Woo . . . Definitely still an A-list lead and -- judging by a recent poll -- the Hottie of all Hotties

tha1

Post by tha1 » Sep 25th, '07, 03:06

belleza wrote:If we're talking THE biggest star in Korea, I think the #1 is Kong Sang-Ho (The Host.) But I don't know whether he's done TV. Maybe Kim Min Jong.

On that list, I *think* the top stars are Kwong Sang-Woo and Lee Young-Ae. I imagine Park Shin-yang (Lovers in Paris, Money Warfare) is up there too. Kim Sun Ah is the reigning queen of comedy.

Running through the list. I'm going to assume we're talking about the last 5-10 years.

Bae Yong-Jun and Choi Ji-Woo . . . I'm sorta biased here, because BYJ and CJW is still my favorite couple of all-time. Even when they do commercial spots together, I get that oogly, tingly feeling inside.

That said, it's really hard to tell with both because their popularity were distorted and extended by Winter Sonata's success (and thus Hallyu) in Japan. I wouldn't say BYJ was "has-been" by the time of Winter Sonata, but he was kinda stepping down from A-list status for the next generation. Winter Sonata was reunion of BYJ/CJW from their First Love soap, which was extremely popular when they were both up and coming actors. Up to 2003, CJW was viewed as the Queen of the Tearjerker, but tearjerker dramas are no longer fashionable. Air City didn't do well, and so it's hard to say whether she's truly "A-list" anymore.

Song Hye Kyo . . . I have mixed feelings over SHK, because she's without question the most overestimated actress in our demographic of K-drama. And, this coming from a fan of her and many of her dramas. It's just that there's bigger draws and more critically lauded actresses (of similar age), and that even from a typical Korean's perspective, she doesn't fit the "classic beauty" standards of the super, super top-tier beauties. (Though it should be noted that the rest of Asia disagrees with the Koreans on this issue. ;) )

But, one also has to put SHK's career into perspective. Eun Hye is currently 22 years old, and is arguably the hottest rising star in K-drama. Well, at 22 years old, Song Hye Kyo already finished her last K-drama. This, after international hits Autumn Tale, All In, Full House, and Hotelier. And then . . . almost nothing. While her peers have all gone to have successful movie careers, gain critical respect, and star in little known dramas like Jumong, she at a very young 26 years old is viewed as an actress on the comeback. Which may already be happening. Hwang Jini, which didn't do well but her performance nevertheless gained attention from critics.

Son Ye Jin . . . I'm biased because she's one of my favorite leads. I think she's a brilliant, brilliant actress who can play anything . . . except that she hasn't had the body of work yet to prove this. It's easy to forget that, though she seems to only get paired with 30-something leads and she has an elegant, sophisticated image -- girlie's only 25 years old. Give her another 4-5 years and I think she'll be considered one of the great actresses of her generation.

So Ji Sup . . .And again biased because he's one of my favorite leads. Sure, over the past 3 years, it's been fun being charmed with your Joo Ji Hoon, Lee Jung Ki, Hyun Bin, and Rain, and rooting for actors like Gong Yoo and Eom Tae Wong (who has greatness written all over his recent performances.) But if I want to know what love is, if I want somebody to show me . . . it's all about muthaf***ing So Ji Sup!!! That said, even though he ran 3 hits in a row prior to his service -- 1000 Years of Love, What Happened in Bali, and MiSa -- it's really Cain and Abel, hyped as the next SBS blockbuster, that'll determine his viability.

Rain . . . Hard to say, because Rain mostly has chosen unconventional roles outside of Full House. Even Cyborg (as much of director Park Chan-wook's recent stuff) was as much art film as romantic comedy. He's undoubtedly Korea's biggest celebrity, but the jury's still out on his draw as an actor. Even in Korea, where every pop singer seems "retire" into acting, there's still a stigma for acceptance. Rain can be the next Kim Ming Jong, though.

Won Bin . . . Mmm, not really in the running. He's well regarded as one of the most handsome Korean actors and he's relatively popular in Japan due to Autumn Tale and Friends.

Kim Hee-Sun . .. Yeah, I think The Most Beautiful Woman of Korea is up there, by virtue of her popularity in China. I think she is to China what Choi Ji Woo is to Japan. That said . . .

Lee Young Ae . . . Yeah, I think she is #1. Jewel in the Palace is the defining drama of our time, and she is the cultural ambasaddor of Korea to the Asian world.

Kwon Sang-Woo . . . Definitely still an A-list lead and -- judging by a recent poll -- the Hottie of all Hotties
Wow! Very thorough!!! But since this only my second year of kdramas, I'll base my vote on the performances I've seen with the actors and actresses...

Male_-So Ji Sup---was superb in MISA. I'm really looking forward to Cain and Abel.

Female-Lee Young Ae struck gold with the role of Dae Jang Geum. But I've also seen her in Lady Vengence and One Spring Day. She gets into character so well.