Jo In Sung: THE SMILE and all that!!

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
o0glad2bbiba0o

Jo In Sung: THE SMILE and all that!!

Post by o0glad2bbiba0o » May 13th, '07, 13:13

The Movie "the Classic" is the 2nd korean movie I have seen (of course, My Sassy Girl was the first) and I immediately fell inlove with this guy called "Sang-Min" in the movie. Later, I learned from my korean friend that he's called JO In Sung in real life. "The Classic" and MSG introduced me in Korean Films and TV Shows. And since then I have started to watch and watch out for Korean Movies and TV Series. And even though I have already had (and have) more crushes from the Korean Show Business, I would never forget that it all started from that bright smile of Jo In Sung. :cry: :cry:

how emotional can we get? :D oh anyway, I just love his smile, and hey! He's a great actor too right?!

Anyway, here's a brief profile and some of his pics. Hope you like it! :D
SoKorean.com
name: jo in sung
date of birth: July 28 1981
height: 186 cm
weight: 72 kg
blood type: B
debut: December 1998 Georgio model
information: Likes watching movies, collecting hats, and playing Starcraft! Enjoys playing basketball and practises tae kwon do. His ideal partner would be someone who is kind, has sense and does her best in everything in she does.

(*taken from: http://www.sokorean.com/star/profile/ca ... ?cat_id=10)

(from the classic)

pics gathered here and there. Thanks!

ImageImage

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Mar 29th, '08, 11:43

I can't believe there's no other posts after yours!!!

In Sung is soooooo HOT and CUTE! Love that smile of his. He just has the charm and charisma to win girls over....*sigh* :wub:

I just LOVED him in "The Classic"! He was great in "A Dirty Carnival" too.

Can't wait for more movies and dramas from In Sung!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 31st, '08, 15:12

It's not just the girls that's he's winning over :P

Yeah, he was very good in those movies you mentioned and also in the drama What Happened In Bali. A very under-rated drama especially when you consider both So Ji Sup and Ha Ji Won were also in it.

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Mar 31st, '08, 15:26

kobe23 wrote:It's not just the girls that's he's winning over :P

Yeah, he was very good in those movies you mentioned and also in the drama What Happened In Bali. A very under-rated drama especially when you consider both So Ji Sup and Ha Ji Won were also in it.
Oops...sorry! I meant everyone! :D

I did see "WHIB" and I thought he was great in that too, but I'm not a Ha Ji Won fan, so her being the main female character turned me off a bit...and it's not because I'm jealous or anything. If they had chosen someone else, I'd probably like it better, but can't think of anyone at the moment...haha. Like other K-dramas, it was draggy, but the ending was a huge shocker. I didn't have time to react. I haven't watched "Spring Day" yet. Do you recommend watching it?

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 31st, '08, 22:10

Jo In Sung is arguably the most gifted actor of the current 20-something generation. From what I read, he and I think Lee Jung Ki now are now considered the two most certifiable 20-something leads in the industry.

Whenever I watch him, he seriously reminds me of a 70s Travolta (with a touch of 80s Tom Hanks.) Not the hammy Scientologist, but the wiry, edgy, flambouyant (and emotionally generous) presence. Hilarious, heartbreaking, and sometimes uncomfortable to watch.

Sometimes it's a bit much, a bit too preening, but a lot of what he does -- his ability to play buffroonery in both vicious and achingly vulnerable tones -- is real acting brilliance. He smears his rueful/sweet smile all over the script characterization, and he breaks through the sullen bravado (of which So Ji Sub is its wounded poet) that marks for respectability in Korean acting.
but I'm not a Ha Ji Won fan, so her being the main female character turned me off a bit..
I thought her chemistry with JIS was only so-so. They both acted well, but they were also competing in their scenes together. Her scenes with SJS were better (and scarier too.)

Best chemistry was between SJS and JIS actually. It was perfect casting of fire and ice, and the way they were so in hatred with each other drove the story. JIS's character imposes his will, and SJS's character counterpunches.
Last edited by belleza on Mar 31st, '08, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Mar 31st, '08, 22:23

Last edited by Kamui6 on May 3rd, '08, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.

o0glad2bbiba0o

Post by o0glad2bbiba0o » Apr 1st, '08, 11:32

whew! it over been a year since i started this thread. and yeah, im quite surprised that there are few responses. :blink maybe dear Jo In Sung isnt as famous as he was before. I wonder, does he have any new project yet? :cry:

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 1st, '08, 11:55

He's doing Frozen Flower with (manly, manly) Joo Jin Moo, a historical drama depicting a gay relationship. This movie, directed by Yoo Ha (who also did Dirty Carnival), is going to be a more frank than King and the Clown.

After this, JIS is going into the military. I'm sure the movie will endear him to his troop. ;)

o0glad2bbiba0o

Post by o0glad2bbiba0o » Apr 1st, '08, 12:12

LOL! :lol thanks for the info! id look forward to that movie! (though i havent seen the king and the clown yet! haha!)

belleza wrote:He's doing Frozen Flower with (manly, manly) Joo Jin Moo, a historical drama depicting a gay relationship. This movie, directed by Yoo Ha (who also did Dirty Carnival), is going to be a more frank than King and the Clown.

After this, JIS is going into the military. I'm sure the movie will endear him to his troop. ;)

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Apr 1st, '08, 12:36

Thanks o0glad2bbiba0o and kamui6 for the awesome pics!! :wub:

I think he's still very popular...maybe people have problems finding this thread? They could be spelling it "Cho In Sung" or some variation of that. I actually tried "Cho" first and didn't get anything, so I tried "Jo" and found it! Yay! :D

Thanks to belleza for the update too. I'm sad that he's going into the military, but I'm looking forward to his new movie!

I agree! He's one of the finest 20-something Korean actors out there. I like him better than a lot of them, especially some of those boyband members aka "actors".

GO IN SUNG!!! (sorry, fangirl inside me coming out...)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Apr 1st, '08, 15:00

heh...I don't really like HJW either and neither SJS, but JIS really dominated WHIB IMO.

As for the drama Spring Day, I haven't seen it myself but from the reviews and comments that I have read, I would steer well clear of it :)

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 1st, '08, 17:50

I think he's still very popular...
Very much so. He kinda has Ryan Gosling cred among critics now. Still a popular model and an idol, but he's considered a major film actor now, one who's expected to do great and important film work. Some articles still view him as the only major film actor in his 20s, though Lee Jung Ki is on the cusp.

Netizens voted him as first choice for Doumyoji (opposite YEH as Makino) in the Korean Hana Yori Dango project. JIS is too old now to play even a college version of the part, and he's just in a much different place in his career, but he would have been perfect for the part. Matsumoto Jun's Doumyoji, this fragile boy-monster-thing, is within the same damaged species as In Sun's character in Bali.
As for the drama Spring Day, I haven't seen it myself but from the reviews and comments that I have read, I would steer well clear of it
Yeah, X kinda compares him to Kwon Sang Woo in the difference between their movie career (good) and TV choices (bad except for WHIB), as well as their pure acting potential. I thought it was an odd comparison except that KSW also can go into uncomfortable emotional spaces when he's actually asked to do such. Then again, X hates Autumn Tale so neener neener neener!!! :D
heh...I don't really like HJW either and neither SJS, but JIS really dominated WHIB IMO.
Yeah, WHIB, which apparently was called "A Toast to Youth" at one production point, could have easily been called What the Hell Happened to Jung Jae Min. That project was conceived as a JIS vehicle and originally he was to play the other guy. I think the ending would have been similar, just different players doing more or less the same things.

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 2nd, '08, 11:52

Just to add to the thread. Here's some classic Nonstop 2 material starring JIS at his adorkable peak.

My Sassy Guy? :lol

Who is Jo In Sung? (Friend / Bodyguard / Shiri superparody!!)

And the JIS fanclub!!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » May 3rd, '08, 04:31

dmedina

Post by dmedina » Nov 13th, '08, 19:03

JIS is huge!!!! He is the best Korean actor I know (and I have seen a lot...)

I am looking for his work, desperately!!! can't find 'Madeleine' and 'Shooting Stars' anywhere.

all of his movies/drama series, for me were the best, because he's such an amazing actor, and a very very sexy guy.

Here are some more pics ..... so handsome:

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Dec 8th, '08, 08:55

Any updates on In Sung?? When does his new movie, "Frozen Flower" come out? I can't wait to watch it...plot sounds interesting. I also hope he does another drama soon...

kimheeseonfan

Post by kimheeseonfan » Feb 15th, '09, 12:53

i love in sung he is my favorite actor. what is his last movie name? i forgot

n42

Post by n42 » Mar 29th, '09, 15:36

i like him since i watched WHIB. there was this scene with ha ji won, where he told her not to go to d other guy, the desperation and sadness in his face makes me skip a heart beat. definitely a very good actor and a very sexy guy. not exactly good looking but he got a really strong sex appeal. love him !!!

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » May 16th, '11, 22:58

Showbiz Korea: Zo In-Sung(조인성) discharged from the army

Each time a South Korean leading actor completes his military duties and emerges from the trenches, he comes back somewhat changed. He partly owes his transformation to those grueling years he spent in service, but there’s also some truth to the adage, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” After years of absence, an actor returning from the army becomes somewhat deified — the buzz and expectations that surrounds his return practically forms a halo around his head.
400 fans were waiting outside when Jo In Sung, who served a two-year term, was discharged from the South Korean army on May 4, 2011. Many other actors have returned to civilian life this year after completing their mandatory duties in the military, but Jo In Sung — easily one of the top leading men of the Korean entertainment industry — is one of the more anticipated returning actors.
According to articles in South Korea, Jo looks forward to possibly making an appearance on the variety show “Infinity Challenge.” If he does make an appearance on this show, we’ll definitely update you all on what goes down. Meanwhile, Jo made no mention of returning to korean dramas…yet

http://tinyurl.com/5sttahg