Jang Geun Suk !!

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 2nd, '11, 17:48

They should use "interasian" then.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 2nd, '11, 17:55

Orion1986 wrote:They should use "interasian" then.
:rofl:
but Asia is a big massive continent. it involves a whole lots of countries in addition to those famous four. i feel very left out that even "Interasian" does not apply to me in their terminology. :-(

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 2nd, '11, 17:58

"East-Asian"wide? Intereastasian? The kyaa-heavy nations?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:24

I think all the agents and artists do know about the Western world. They mostly don't have the moxy yet to deal with all the legalities to get things set up. I know that many Koreans appear in US. Our sweet Yucheon was here in Las Vegas recently. I am not sure they were appearing professionally but I rather think they were. Very quiet anyway. Pictures of that somewhere...Maybe Hancincema.
Rain of course is big man in the appearances and doing US films. Personally I would not call him a huge starring success but at least they got him going for a time.
Lee Byoung Hun has been in a couple of films here.
I think one big problem is that most Korean artists do not speak English well. Some have lived over here for a few years and gone to school so they are pretty good with English but they don't necessarily have the strong contacts to work here. It's a very difficult situation in the musical world. Even 'Seven' tried very hard over here for quite some time but he was not as big here as he had been in Korea. He is now back in Korea and I think he wants to do more acting. Too bad because he was a good singer.

Even Japan has a problem. They are juicing up the US appearances of Jin.but to tell the truth from this end I doubt many people know about his visit. Of course his longtime fans would know but you can't call it a huge successful series of concerts even tho he did well for his followers. I don't know what the answer is but probably it is a matter of time. If SMAP ever came here anywhere near, I think I would even get to a concert. I never emerge from my cave but they would light a fire for me.
I really think the only way for them to get known is through TV appearances. Concerts such as the ones SMAP do for thousands in places like the Tokyo Dome won't work here.
Only the Beatles did it and then maybe the Rolling Stones. Go figure....

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:56

First, if our sweet one comes near you, please, I will pay any costs of sending the ventilated package here :fear:

Rant:
I don't think speaking English or not is an issue here. It's just a safety net. I remember when I was in US some years back, and it was there I first encountered Namgil-nim and DBSK. In US, not in Europe. US is treated preferably, comparing to the old continent. Yes, my JJY was in London this summer for a trip, who the hell knew about him? Some Korean girl who spotted him in some museum took a photo so we had the proof.

Europe is neglected more than the rest of "The World". I know, it's easier to target Asian countries and US, because those are huge markets, and Korean agencies know that there is an audience there. Small, or big, but there is.
When I was rioting about voting here and there on some Korean websites last year, I got few emails with stupid question: so in Europe you are watching Korean dramas? No, idiots, I'm watching Marsian dramas, and occasionally some action stuff from Saturn!!

This is why I vow to go on war, if the need be, with every Korean broadcast, newspaper, website, if the need be, but we ARE observed, we ARE read (even here on DA, loves, yes), so slowly, and slowly we can crush this wall.

Why dramas are on region selected DVD? The first step is to change this policy. They have to do it if they think to go global. And they do.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 2nd, '11, 22:39

I feel that JGS is buried deep in this topic...

But I do agree with you, Ethlenn. But European people mostly would laugh at Kdramas, kpop anyways. Yes, it is kind of unfair to us but that's just something we have to live with. That's why I'll run away to Korea, mwuahahahhahahahahahahha. So these damn Europeans can live in their stupid EU. ;D I wish I would be able to get to Korea by a car, because I'd like to renovate an Audi(like the one in my avatar) but... what's the point if I'm determined to go to Korea? Ah, that's whole another topic.

How do you know that we're observed and read? ;D Tricky question, huh? It seems that slowly more people are tied up by Korea's lasso.

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 3rd, '11, 01:22

Ethlenn wrote:jossah, I think we all need to know you better. A beam of hope in the world. The bigger world that 4-Country-World.
Introducing myself here would be off topic so I'll just post a link to my newly revived, formerly neglected, review blog: http://jossah.livejournal.com/
:D

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 3rd, '11, 01:51

:offtopic:
Orion1986 wrote:Well, we keep seeing articles talking about "fans worldwide" and about how "the movie will be released worldwide" that then continue with "... rights have been sold to Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines."
We also see idols and actors etc thank their international fans and then refer to those countries. It feels like "international" and "worldwide" to them just means the rest of Asia and not the whole world.
LOL. I noticed that, too. I'm from the Philippines and lately there has been a deluge of Korean dramas in the local networks. Hell, even the newly overhauled stations pirate other Asian dramas hoping that the growing local fanbase of kdramas and kpop, in general, will boost their ratings. I'm not fond of watching them because the dubbing is usually too painful to listen to. Thankfully we have the internet and sites like d-addicts so I get my Korean/Japanese drama fix from here. :cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 3rd, '11, 08:40

Oooh, I'll be looking forward to your reviews then, jossah. :D

As for kdrama being ridiculous in Europe, I don't know. I think with a careful approach, people would like it. I mean, my only 3 finish friends like them.
One of them is a guy too. Ok, granted, they are well traveled, open-minded and 2 of them are quite the gamers and into anime and all, but still. Lots of em.
And every single greek friend of mine I've gotten into kdrama also loves them. Ok, I didn't "recruit" any men, but with the series I tend to watch, no wonder.

There's a whole wave of young people who are into asian entertainment and anime and all. Especially for movies, they watch them and love them.
Ok, dramas, and romantic ones/soap-opera-ish ones are another story and trickier, but asian entertainment is well noticed in Europe. It feels so.

At least in Finland and Greece, which I know about from personal experience, we are very into asian cinema. Well, us game/anime/etc otakus.
And in Finland, they love them too. Heck, we even get finnish produced DVDs of asian movies. Some not even found on amazon or anything.

We are here, we are interested and we want asian cinema and series. It was so nice to see Europe-based Death Note DVDs for the movies.
But can we only expect proper Region 2 or english subtitled DVDs from huge blockbuster movies? And not even that, most of the time? Not fair.

I do realize it's not a smart business move to do so much work for a few thousands when fans there are by the millions, but it could still be useful.
It would promote and establish asian entertainment in a more concrete way and worldwide. And I mean the real meaning of WORLDwide here.
Korea is doing a bit better though. At least they have english subs for many movies and a good Region free DVD player does the trick and all.
I keep staring at my You're Beautiful super awesome Director's Cut edition and want to watch it so badly. And then I remember JKS... Damn it.

And to get back to him, since this is his topic after all, we did make him cry. Yes... I'm sure he has never heard he's not God on Earth before.
If I were an artist and my biggest fans (who liked my TALENT) started hating me, I'd start wondering what's wrong with me and not with them.

But anyway. This has been talked about time and time again in this thread and it seems our cries of pain went unheard. At least by JKS.
S'okay. He can enjoy his sparkle and we can find better actors who don't go on curl-frenzies and aren't just so madly in love with themselves.
I was every bit willing to forgive him if his work didn't change. But the minute he used a character, as bad as it was, for self-promotion, red card.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 3rd, '11, 09:56

I don't follow - JGS cried because of us? Who is us? DA? Europe fans? or what ;D And why, tell me in details, please.

But in Latvia, people are very biased. I know only like 4 more people who knows that Korea has dramas and music. But there are like 40 people max in Latvia that likes this stuff. Everyone is into that American ****(mostly ****, no offence).

As for dramas. Since I started kdramas, I have watched only like 2 American TV-series, even though I liked them quite a lot back then. In the very beginning - Harper's Island. And not long ago - Big Bang Theory. Big Bang Theory is indeed entertaining.

I don't really know anything about European dramas, then aren't popular. I've watched few UK dramas but... only The I.T. Crowd is worth mentioning.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 5th, '11, 02:29

I think a lot of kdramas are into Spain. Lots are being translated into Spanish. Also they are watched in UK and in France and Italy Lots of people from West Coast to East Coast in US are very much interested in kdrama and many people are doing English subs for those of us who are not free with the Korean language.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 5th, '11, 03:34

Peggy wrote:I think a lot of kdramas are into Spain. Lots are being translated into Spanish. Also they are watched in UK and in France and Italy Lots of people from West Coast to East Coast in US are very much interested in kdrama and many people are doing English subs for those of us who are not free with the Korean language.
I can confirm from my side that NO Korean/Japanese dramas have been famous enough to be heard of here in UK. we do have Japanese season every year on our Channel 4 where they do show Japanese movies for a week. but no dramas. sad but true.
I always get stared at with popping eyes when ever i say i do watch them.
some films have made it to our blockbusters here though. like Duelist :whistling:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 5th, '11, 08:31

I just started watching Mary drama with JGS. I think you guys are too harsh on his acting skills? I don't think he was trying to look all cutesy. The parts where they showed him looking cutesy was due to the drama script. When he acts cutesy, it's because they're showing how the girls imagine his character. Kinda of like, someone might act normal, but if you are love struck or attracted, the way that person acts seem different to you. Your mind starts imagining things. So they are showing the perspective how the girl looks at him which is him acting all cutesy.

As for stereotyping. From his article I read before the filming, he seems to realize the fact he's gonna get stereotyped. He said he picked it because he liked the story and he wanted to do it even though he seems to end up picking music related dramas. I'm not a JGS fangirl, but I respect that he picks dramas he enjoys doing. As long as he realizes the road he's going down. I think doing a job is enjoying what you're doing. Hopefully he will find other different types of projects interesting. But it's up to him. In the end, it's his decision. I don't think he did the role that badly. It's his typical role from his previous dramas though. Nothing out of the ordinary but not badly acted.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 5th, '11, 14:25

Honestly, if it was any other actor but JKS in this drama, i would assume that it was all written in the script because of MG character only and it has nothing to do with recent fame of the actor portraying it. I have not read the manhwa so i am not sure how accurate MG character is in the drama but even if those scenes were exact copy of what was written, I still can see JKS the actor and not MG the character. and isn't an actor job is to make you believe that character they portraying is unique and you makes forget the person acting in that role entirely?

followed JKS character for over a year because YAB really made me like the guy and was very interested in him. so naturally followed his news in every step. you can clearly see that every little details that is seen in recent fashion sense, his actions... was written in MG character. from loving his long hair (which by the way it was suppose to be cut very short if they wanted to follow the story to the exact but i am sure JKS objected to it strongly) to loving his s-lines, to lip licking... we all seen them before in his fan meetings and now we are re-watching them as MG character. how can i say this is how they wanted to show MG and is not based on any real life person in any way?
plus, we meant to have two hot characters in that drama. why only those scenes were written for JKS character? if it now fan service or not promotional vid, i don't know what else to call it?

and nothing wrong with enjoying the work you do. how many of us wish to have job that pays our bills at the same time makes us happy doing it day in and day out. but some how we lose track of what we really wanted for so many reasons. how many times during YAB times i read him saying he really does not want to be singer and just using it as way to polish his acting skills? choosing the same drama is not going to help specially if you don't want to be stereo typed. we enjoy doing so may things, but they are not going to be best for us necessarily. at the end of the day, he is free to do what he wants. but he has only himself to blame in few years time when he stock in these kind of dramas and can't get out any more. he has to remember he will not stay young forever. screaming and kyaaing fangirls come and go.

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 5th, '11, 14:40

seirin wrote:I just started watching Mary drama with JGS. I think you guys are too harsh on his acting skills? I don't think he was trying to look all cutesy. The parts where they showed him looking cutesy was due to the drama script.
Wait 'til you get to episode 4, then episodes 7, 8 and 9. LOL. But yeah, I agree, his acting wasn't bad but it just felt too similar with his previous roles. Since his character had the most evident changes throughout the story, he was the only one among the lead stars who was able to do some real acting. In fairness to him, he was able to convey the right emotions. He just didn't bring in anything new to the stereotypical character which I found disappointing. :-(

It's not his acting that bothered me but the story itself. It's a drama that didn't really make any sense and lacked substance but was peppered with fluff and unnecessary fan service.:crazy:
seirin wrote:From his article I read before the filming, he seems to realize the fact he's gonna get stereotyped. He said he picked it because he liked the story and he wanted to do it even though he seems to end up picking music related dramas.I'm not a JGS fangirl, but I respect that he picks dramas he enjoys doing. As long as he realizes the road he's going down. I think doing a job is enjoying what you're doing. Hopefully he will find other different types of projects interesting. But it's up to him. In the end, it's his decision.
I vaguely remember reading this article and yeah, he said he liked the role and the story. Maybe he was given a different script when he accepted the project but the story just made a 180 degree turn and spiraled down fast at one point. I read here: http://thehotspicykimchi.com/2010/12/13 ... en-writer/ they changed the writer at episode 11 so that may have been a big contributing factor to the sudden change in the story's direction.

I get your point. :thumleft: But I still hope he picks better roles next time. It's about time he steps out of the teeny-bopper genre dramas and start doing badass roles 'coz I know he can pull 'em off. 8)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 6th, '11, 02:49

I haven't read the manhwa. I didn't even know it was based on a manhwa. But it seems like the story was written for him. It's like...you write a script with a person in mind and you want that person to do the character. Ultimately, it is up to the actor to decide if he wants to do it or not.

You have to admit like Jossah says. The story doesn't really have much substance. It's just a romance comedy. Did you expect him to portray his character exceptionally with a light comedy plot? As for the long hair. It's understandable. It has nothing to do with JGS. Rockers seem to like long hair for some reason. I have a friend who plays guitar and likes rock music. He wanted to grow his hair long too but his job prohibits him from doing so. If you look at images of other rockers in the US, you'll notice long hair as well. I really hated F4 with long hair and they weren't even rockers.

Jossah, I watched up to ep 6. I didn't really notice he was acting cutesy so much. I just noticed him acting like that in certain scenes like when the girl looks at him in a certain manner. Like during the car accident, when he comes out of the shower etc. The way he looks I think is supposedly from the way she views him. Maybe the director didn't make it so clear? It's kind of like Hana Kimi where Nakatsu imagines Mizuki smiling like a pretty girl at him. But in reality she/he was just standing there. They did it more noticeably by showing pink haze around mizuki.

I haven't really followed JSG much. I didn't even see his fanmeeting video clips O_o But MG character seems to resemble YAB. To me, I just thought I was watching something similar to YAB with a different plot line. Honestly though, when I watched the first episode, I wasn't impressed. I thought it would get so boring I would stop. I don't really like watching moon geun young.

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 6th, '11, 03:57

seirin wrote:As for the long hair. It's understandable. It has nothing to do with JGS. Rockers seem to like long hair for some reason. I have a friend who plays guitar and likes rock music. He wanted to grow his hair long too but his job prohibits him from doing so. If you look at images of other rockers in the US, you'll notice long hair as well. I really hated F4 with long hair and they weren't even rockers.
Yeah, I know rockers have a thing for long hair and I get that MG is a rocker hence the long hair. I just found it wrong and out of character (for a rocker) that MG was way too vain, almost obsessive, about his hair. Where I'm from, that's GAY! :rofl:

Watch episode 7 until around episode 9. That's where they all get lovey-dovey. The mushfest was just way too much for me. JGS didn't really act unnecessarily cutesy, I get that it's part of the characters development. I wasn't expecting him to give an awad-winning performance considering that MMM is a teen romantic comedy. It's just that I've seen him in this kind of role before and there wasn't any difference than in terms of his acting. He didn't really show anything new which was really bleh. It was so reminiscent of his role as Hwang Tae Kyung in YAB, only worse. Far, far worse.

Like I said, it's the overall fluff that ticked me off. That and the lack of substance in the story. YAB, though also a romantic comedy had more depth and sense than MMM. What were the producers of MMM thinking?!
issy wrote:Honestly, if it was any other actor but JKS in this drama, i would assume that it was all written in the script because of MG character only and it has nothing to do with recent fame of the actor portraying it. I have not read the manhwa so i am not sure how accurate MG character is in the drama but even if those scenes were exact copy of what was written, I still can see JKS the actor and not MG the character. and isn't an actor job is to make you believe that character they portraying is unique and you makes forget the person acting in that role entirely?
followed JKS character for over a year because YAB really made me like the guy and was very interested in him. so naturally followed his news in every step. you can clearly see that every little details that is seen in recent fashion sense, his actions... was written in MG character. from loving his long hair (which by the way it was suppose to be cut very short if they wanted to follow the story to the exact but i am sure JKS objected to it strongly) to loving his s-lines, to lip licking... we all seen them before in his fan meetings and now we are re-watching them as MG character. how can i say this is how they wanted to show MG and is not based on any real life person in any way?
I never followed JGS' personal stuff and fan meeting videos and stuff. What he does with his life off screen is his prerogative. When I noticed him in YAB I just looked for his past works and thought 'hey, this kid's kinda good.' Though I did watch a couple of BHT of YAB on youtube but I cant really say that I saw his "transformation." But I do agree with you that it's an actors job to convince the audience that they are the character they portray. Maybe it's because the script was written for JGS that's the problem? I dunno.

All I can say is good riddance I'm finally done watching the drama. Can't delete it yet on my HD coz my sister's still watching it. She just won't believe me when I told her the drama sucked and she adamantly refuses to read my review. She loved Kim Jae Wook too much. LOL. [/spoiler]

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 6th, '11, 08:08

I don't know if he was really vain about his hair because I don't see him checking himself out in the mirror all the time in the drama but I do get a metro kinda feel from JGS. But I get that kind of feel of him in real life anyhow LOL I had a co-worker who was like that. But he really did look in the mirror every so often and checks his hair and I mean every time he passes by reflected windows, walls, etc.

I've seen a few JGS dramas since Hong Gil Dong. He was really touching in the last episode. Even for a bad guy, I ended up sympathizing for him and disliked the main character for it LOL

You can see his development from watching his earlier dramas. I think the first one I watched was Hwang Jin Yi with Ha Ji Won. He was a no name and his acting was really plain but he caught my eye. I didn't know who he was but I thought he was cute. He only lasted a few episodes though ^^; Then I went back to watch some clips of Non Stop...okay he was just GAY there. It was bad... He showed potential when he did the itaewon murder movie. He did alright in Beethoven Virus too. But he seemed to have carried forward Kim Myung Min's interpretation of Kang Gun Woo over to YAB. When I was watching YAB, I kept thinking Kwang Tae Kyung must be related to Kang Gun Woo. I don't think it was a big issue since he showed the character's arrogance. I was impressed with his singing. I thought he should have stopped singing after I heard Black Engine but he impressed me with his singing in YAB. I didn't mind the ordinary story line in Mary either because he was singing ^^; I don't know...there's just some sort of accent or tone of his voice when he sings that impresses me that I can't get enough of.

As for Mary being a drama. I would rate it as being average Korean drama. Nothing impressive but I wouldn't say it was terrible. There are some dramas I completely stopped watching because is was so bad. Like Lee Bo Young in Queen of the Game. I hated watching her so much I couldn't even stand to watch Seo Dong Yo which I was helping work on for subbing project so I gave up. And just to name a few others, bad love and boys over flowers. I also got bored watching Spring Waltz and The World they live in. Actually I would have gotten bored in Beethoven Virus too but I wanted to check out JGS's acting in it.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 6th, '11, 11:02

Just to comment on the manhwa since I did browse through most chapters of it, no comparison. The manhwa is actually, surprisingly, better.
The character is a manly angsty metal dude. No S-lines, no licking ice cream, no loving his curl. His hair is long and wild and he cuts it later on.

I can safely say that all the fanservice added was pure JKS. I guess even a long-haired metrosexual metal singer was too manly for his style.
And Mary was a normal young lady, even if a bit loud. Nowhere near what Moon did, acting like an 8-year-old boy with anger management issues.

I honestly found the manhwa very simple teen rom-com, but I never thought the series would be even worse than that. It had some potential.

As for his acting, come on. It is pretty much the same in the last few years. He's been around long enough to have improved and hasn't.
Now, after BV and YAB, you'd expect him to raise the bar and all he did was raise his curl and the average of sparkly wardrobes on Earth.

He had great potential, but other than BV, I haven't seen him try any harder. He's the same in most of his other works throughout the years.
With BV, he gained recognition for his talent and with YAB, the fame. Had he treaded carefully, he could use both to become a better actor.
But it's pretty clear that he's just the sort of person to be blinded by his success and neglect what he's good at and not noticed by most for.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 7th, '11, 02:52

I'm rather surprised at his JGS's fans dissing him O_o. I really don't think it's his acting's fault in Mary. All that stuff he did was written in the script and directed by the director. Do you think he told the director to do close up of him acting cutesy and the director agreed? Or did the director direct him to act that way and he did it? Do you think he changed the lines in the script? The stuff I saw in ep6 seems to flow with the script. He touched his hair, the dad noticed it and told him to cut it and he showed up with a wig and kept touching it vainly. He did it without the script writer's approval? He added adlib and so did the other casts? What the problem with JGS is his choice of dramas. He just seems to pick teen dramas rather than mature dramas with substance lately.

As for his acting skills. I think he's just average. He has his ups and downs. I think I was most impressed with his acting in Itaewon murder case. Truthfully, JGS acts arrogant in most of his characters. BV, he was the arrogant police officer turned conductor. Hong Gil Dong, the arrogant prince. YAB the arrogant lead singer. Mary the arrogant lead singer/music producer. At least he's mastered how to be arrogant (maybe he is arrogant in real life) LOL. What he does have going for him is his singing and cute smile. I wouldn't write him off as lacking ability to act yet. He just hasn't been picking serious, challenging or a variety of roles. At least so far he hasn't irritated me to hate watching him. But I have grown a dislike for Moon Geun Young when I saw part of Cinderella drama. Her face or acting somehow irritates me.

One thing you will notice is that dramas differ from manhwas. Dramas also differ from novels too. I was pretty disappointed in the Hana Kimi drama rendition of the manga. It was totally off. But Toma did well in it. Even Zettai Kareshi story was mostly changed too. The girl went from being hentai to being an ass. And Boys over Flowers totally killed the Hana Yori Dango story.

If you want to see JGS doing a challenging role. Watch Itaewon murder movie. That was scripted and directed well. I just couldn't figure out who the murderer could be until they hinted in the ending. JGS did a convincing role denying the murder but also a good job being a suspect.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 7th, '11, 08:12

YES. I do believe that he told the director to include those s scenes in the script. If not, he did use his own itepretation of how to show MG irresistae based on his real life experiences and the director went along with it. FYI, the script for last 2 eps was completely different with how it ended but JKS did not like the ending so he wrote an entirely different ending himself. You can check this fact as he admitted to fan himself after MMM finale. If he is only acting according to the script and director, then shouldn't he gone along with original lines?

Original storylines changes sometimes in dramas. True But how can be such striking resemblance with what we have seen of JKS in real life and MG the character in the script? I have to use the famous S-lines scene in here again as it was invented by him and has become his trademark. Now with all these in mind, can I truly believe that it was simply following the script and director? If so (will repeat Orion here), script was written with him in mind with all his recent appeals to kyaaing fan girls. Therefore fan service.

One thing to point out, atleast three of us (me, Ethlenn and Orion) have watched every single of his movies and his dramas. That's how we saw a glimpse of some talents. That's why we get frustrated to see it wasted like this. Well, if he does not care why should we.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 8th, '11, 02:15

I really don't think he has that much power to change scripts however he pleases. Adding an adlib here and there to improve the script is possible, but not huge amounts of changes. I don't think any star in any country can ask for large changes in scripts unless they are the producer or maybe a very huge star (American) with influence. I think it also undermines the director and scriptwriter if he chooses to change things as he wants and will garner him a bad rep. Actors follow the script. They have freedom (somewhat unless director tells them to do it otherwise) to express how they want to portray the character but the dialogue should follow the script.

As for the S-lines. I'm not sure what you mean. When he takes off his shirt and shows his body? So many dramas do that. Almost every Korean drama has a shower or clothes changing scene. I've come to expect at least one topless scene no matter what Korean drama.

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Jan 8th, '11, 04:12

seirin wrote:When he takes off his shirt and shows his body? So many dramas do that. Almost every Korean drama has a shower or clothes changing scene. I've come to expect at least one topless scene no matter what Korean drama.
Thank you, exactly. It's as if no one's ever watched a drama before, or they've never noticed all the fanservice tropes or something. There is so much nitpicking going on in here it's ridiculous. I guess it's a matter of vastly differing philosophies: If I don't care for a show or a performer personally but they're doing no harm otherwise, I'm perfectly capable of just ignoring them. I don't treat it as a personal affront.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 8th, '11, 11:20

seirin wrote: As for the S-lines. I'm not sure what you mean. When he takes off his shirt and shows his body? So many dramas do that. Almost every Korean drama has a shower or clothes changing scene. I've come to expect at least one topless scene no matter what Korean drama.
Well...the term S-line originally was used for a woman's curves and small taille in Korea...whereas men with fine abs were referred to have an M-line...

Well this is about personal taste ofc...but I don't wanna see overly skinny guys (especially if they're not showing any abs but a flat woman's belly) in topless or even shower scenes...I just can't find it sexy. Since I'm not 20 anymore, I'd feel like a pedophile if I liked such boyish bodies without a chest or abs... And the scene were he was lying in front of the telly showing his womanly figure...sorry, but it just made me :rofl:

Apart from that...I don't mind him playing the same roles forever...and I don't mind him bathing in some idol fame...just wonder what happened to the boy who wanted to become a character actor... :whistling:

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 8th, '11, 17:19

arakira wrote:
seirin wrote: As for the S-lines. I'm not sure what you mean. When he takes off his shirt and shows his body? So many dramas do that. Almost every Korean drama has a shower or clothes changing scene. I've come to expect at least one topless scene no matter what Korean drama.
Well...the term S-line originally was used for a woman's curves and small taille in Korea...whereas men with fine abs were referred to have an M-line...

Well this is about personal taste ofc...but I don't wanna see overly skinny guys (especially if they're not showing any abs but a flat woman's belly) in topless or even shower scenes...I just can't find it sexy. Since I'm not 20 anymore, I'd feel like a pedophile if I liked such boyish bodies without a chest or abs... And the scene were he was lying in front of the telly showing his womanly figure...sorry, but it just made me :rofl:

Apart from that...I don't mind him playing the same roles forever...and I don't mind him bathing in some idol fame...just wonder what happened to the boy who wanted to become a character actor... :whistling:
I know what you mean. Yes, it's a given, Korean dramas have mandatory shower scenes of their lead male star. It's some sort of fan-service for them. LOL. But seriously, skinny boys with not a single pack of abs should be banned and penalized from parading their ribs for the whole world to see. :rofl:

I also agree with ya on the part about JGS basking in his fame and prettiness. What he does with his life off screen is his own prerogative so fans should just butt-off. I just hope he starts getting good roles again and good dramas again.

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 8th, '11, 17:33

seirin wrote:I don't know if he was really vain about his hair because I don't see him checking himself out in the mirror all the time in the drama but I do get a metro kinda feel from JGS.
LOL at this. Yeah, he got the metro thing going since YAB, I noticed. :roll
His character was vain about his hair in the drama. It's not about him checking it out in the mirror but there were times in the drama where MG said that his hair is "most precious" to him or something along those lines. It was also implied that he gets hair treatments regularly and MaeRi even got him a hair product for Xmas. That made me :rofl:.
I haven't met a straight guy who is that obsessive about his hair that's why the MG character is kinda off for me. My boyfriend has longish hair (he's not a rocker, he's a game designer) and I think he'd break up with me if I got him hair products for any occasion. Hell, I'd probably break up with him if he starts asking for GC's for hair treatments. LOL.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 8th, '11, 18:42

Well it's different from person to person. My bro gets hair treatment on his hair and he has short hair. I think it's because he dyes his hair so it gets dried. So I don't find it weird guys get hair treatments. If girls can wear pants and do martial arts. I don't see why guys can't get spas and hair treatments. Wearing a dress might be something different though O_o Unless they're Scottish. The co-worker I worked with wasn't gay. I guess he was metro. He keeps checking out his hair in the mirror all the time but I saw him dating girls. I think it's a stereotype that guys who aren't manly are gay. Hence the term metro was created. Truthfully, I had problems with guys wearing earrings too and think they're gay. But I've refrained from such thoughts and learned to accept it.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being gay. Not all gay guys act gay even so you wouldn't be able to tell. Unfortunately, it seems many hot guys are gay but they make good girlfriends. With all the prejudice against gay, it's also a reason why entertainment actors or famous people won't admit to being gay or lesbian because they are afraid of how people view them. It's their preference, leave them alone.

I don't think I've seen any actor get away from doing topless scenes in dramas. So for those people who cringe at seeing JGS's S-line or topless, I don't think you want to see him in any dramas. Actors seem to be able to get away from it in movies so watch his movies instead? If he likes his body to be thin, I don't know why fans complain he should be exercising to get 6 packs. Everyone has their own preference.

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 8th, '11, 19:30

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gay men. I love gay men! Hell, one of my best friends is gay and he's my ultimate girlfriend! LOL.
I just found it weird that MG, who I thought was meant to be a manly rocker dude, was acting so gay by my definition. I can deal with the mandatory shower scenes and shirtless guys in Jdramas and Kdramas. I've seen them do it so often I've gotten used to it but producers/directors shouldn't overdo it. Maybe a couple of seconds in one episode throughout the series would be enough. Unless, of course, it's necessary for the scene and the guy's got a body of a Greek god complete with awesome 8-pack abs. LOL. :w000t:
And frankly, I don't care if JGS is gay, lesbian or both. I just wanna see him do more good projects coz I know he can do so much better than what he's doing now. :D
Peace out! ^_^

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 9th, '11, 04:19

I think the hair thing would have to do with the script writer. He/she wrote into the script mentioning the long hair and his hair treatments. Actually, I find the name lame even. "Wi Mae Ri" sounds like "we marry". Which what the whole story is about. I wonder if names it was taken similarly to "Go Mi Nam" and "Go Mi Nyu" about beautiful guy and beautiful girl and the identity swapping.

As you can see even. Actors who act like Seo Joon gets bad rep. If JGS acts like her, he would have a hard time ever filming again. Doing what they like, when they like. Having attitudes like, I won't film if they don't change the scripts, I want things done my way, etc. Directors and script writers don't want to work with actors who have bad attitudes. The only ones who can give attitude is if they are famous or important enough that they directors, producers and scriptwriters have to bend over their backs to satisfy them because they can't do without the actor. These are rare cases. If I was a director, producer or scriptwriter, I would never want to work with Seo Joon. She would be ousted from the entertainment business.

*edit*

I just read the posts from dramabeans site. It seems JGS did make some changes to the script. I think he made suggestions, made the script better. Supposedly, Mary ends up with Jung In. That would have been a terrible ending. The drama would just go from blah to "I wasted my time with this crap?" JGS suggested the Myu Gul - Jung In living together which livened up the show. That was probably the most amusing scene out of the whole drama. I'm all for tasteful yaoi ^*; If they went full romance comedy instead of running around aimlessly in circles, it would have been much more interesting.

I read he's doing Kimi wo Petto. You know...that's another teen booper show....

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 10th, '11, 15:02

Girls, today a quite stupid idea came into my mind - I should learn Japanese writing too. And maybe later Simplified Chinese. What you say about this? Even if I understand nothing in Japanese, I think learning their writing should be useful. It's just that as far as I know there are many kinds of Japanese alphabets.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 10th, '11, 18:59

I hope that was sarcasm, because as far as I know, this is kinda spam thread for us, right?

but!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@ Today my sister called me out of nowhere and said that I MUST!@#!@# DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST EPISODE OF CHITCHAT OF BEAUTIFUL LADIES AND MUST WATCH IT TODAY AND CALL HER BACK. I though - what the f..? Ok, I did as told, downloaded and started watching... the first screen where quite transparent flags flows... I though I saw Latvia's flag. I was like - can't be. Then - OMFG A LATVIAN GUY!@#!@#@!#!@#! I was so shocked and yet happy and sad too. Shocked - you know why. In Latvia there are around 2 million citizens only... WHO WOULD THINK OF GOING TO KOREA, LEARN KOREAN AND EVEN GO ON A TV SHOW? I was confident that I'm the only one. I was hoping to be the first Latvian to be on Korean TV... Ah, I should just start to sing and be first Latvian to debut in Korea? I'm still laughing.(not about the debuting, I was serious about that) ;D I feel like I've won in a lottery, I don't know why I feel so overwhelmed now.

About Japanese - I'll think about it. And do I have to learn both? Yeah, I don't like to call it alphabet either, same goes with Korean. But Japanese seems to be much more complicated. I should learn 2 writing systems? And they both seem to be quite big. I wish I could study Korean further but learning alone... from PC...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 10th, '11, 19:06

No, Korean Hangeul is actually an alphabet.
Japanese hiragana and katakana are roughly 50 charas (that makes less than 100), and yes, you have to learn both. Plus kanji, of course.

And this is JGS thread so... I will not comment on him anymore. He's doing Petto thingy? This is an old news, or maybe it re-emerged? *shrugs*

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 10th, '11, 19:15

Actually, I watched 3 episodes of MMM yesterday and yes, I was sober. I just read some computer news and stuff while watching ;D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 10th, '11, 19:16

Haha we went off topic here a lot...but I think there is a thread about learning Japanese somewhere...maybe this can get moved somewhere else ;)

It's rather easy to learn Hiragana and Katakana, the 2 syllable-alphabets. They're pretty simple signs...whereas the Kanji were developped from the old Chinese symbols. There are almost 2000 so called Toyo-kanji which are taugt in schools and which are said to be the most important...Dunno whether it's worth learning all of them if you don't plan to learn the language itself though. In the end you need to know all 3 systems cause they're used simultaneously.

Just google around a bit, you'll find loads of sites to teach you kana (hiragana and katakana). There's also a method to learn kanji before learning Japanese by pictogrammes and original meanings of the symbols, but I forgot how it's called cause it's not a way that works for me.

Haha LOL, how long have we been hearing bout KWP?? Haha I said all I had to say about this topic somewhere in this thread :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 10th, '11, 20:31

Oh my god :O Is he still thinking of doing KWP??? Is this new or the same old news? In any case nothing much will be happening until one brave actress agrees to do sumire character.
Re nihongo, it's quiet hard to learn but I'm still not giving up. Another one of my new year's resolutions. :whistling:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 10th, '11, 21:27

seirin wrote:I just read the posts from dramabeans site. It seems JGS did make some changes to the script. I think he made suggestions, made the script better. Supposedly, Mary ends up with Jung In. That would have been a terrible ending. The drama would just go from blah to "I wasted my time with this crap?" JGS suggested the Myu Gul - Jung In living together which livened up the show. That was probably the most amusing scene out of the whole drama. I'm all for tasteful yaoi ^*; If they went full romance comedy instead of running around aimlessly in circles, it would have been much more interesting.
I actually disagree. I thought it was too easy solution to just leave Mae Ri and Moo Kyul together. It's like they put a whole other part of the story in a trash bin. All about Jung In's and Mae Ri's past was forgotten as it didn't mean anything. Why add it in the first place if it didn't mean anything. All we got was one tiny picture and Japanese phrase... There wasn't even fighting over Mae Ri, I felt Jung In didn't even got a chance so it kinda made his character pointless.
I agree on the romance comedy part though. The whole series was just running circles or rather Mae Ri running between Moo Kyul's and Jung In's house. The three of them should have lived together from the beginning.
Or actually meh, it was crap drama, why even bother to think how it could have been better. :alcoholic:

About Petto, no news so far... I have nothing against JGS but thanks to MMM I lost my interest in Petto. I don't think I wan't to see him lick water again... >.< And I was so much looking for the movie. :-(

@Neliets: Go for it, it's fun. Takes lots of time but worth it. ^^ I started Japanese last fall. This spring starting Chinese... that will be interesting with my bad memory. :P I just wish there would be teaching for Korean too but I guess I have to learn myself.

moll

Post by moll » Jan 10th, '11, 21:33

In a recent interview in Thailand he said he would start shooting his new movie this year. He didn't say the name, but I assume it is KWP

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 11th, '11, 03:19

Viande wrote: I actually disagree. I thought it was too easy solution to just leave Mae Ri and Moo Kyul together. It's like they put a whole other part of the story in a trash bin. All about Jung In's and Mae Ri's past was forgotten as it didn't mean anything. Why add it in the first place if it didn't mean anything. All we got was one tiny picture and Japanese phrase... There wasn't even fighting over Mae Ri, I felt Jung In didn't even got a chance so it kinda made his character pointless.
Well, it would be worse if Mary ended up with Jung In after she keeps preaching she loves Moo Gyul. Then suddenly she dumps him and marry Jung In cuz her dad thinks she will be happy with him? Also it's pretty disturbing to have her marry into the family cuz Jung In's dad is obsessed with her mom. The whole story would end up crap as if it wasn't running around in circles enough. It's the ultimate slap in the face. As for the past. I think it was to make Jung In interested in Mary. Jung In had no interest in Mary other than the fact his dad wouldn't give him money if he didn't do it. He had no human incentive to do it. But by bringing up the fact they used to know one another, it would be a better reason to marry Mary rather than being forced into it. Jung In becomes more human this way. Just because two people knew each other since they're young doesn't mean they are perfect for each other. Love can flair within a few weeks. As for a fight, there wasn't any in the plot. Mary never had any feelings for Jung In. The whole story was revolved around Mary and Moo Gyul. When they first meet, she was already drawn to him. It takes two to tango. She didn't even remember meeting Jung In. Of course, she was only 4 years old.

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 11th, '11, 07:11

I remember watching an old interview of JGS on youtube and he was asked about his long hair and he said that it was for a movie that he was doing where he plays a dancer, I guess he's talking about KWP there. I think that was pre-MMM. If that's the case, he'll still look girly there. Ohno. I like him better with short hair. :(
I've been looking forward to that film since I enjoyed the original drama (I love Koyuki but I didn't like MatsuJun that much) and I was looking forward to seeing how JGS would play the character.
Last I checked, the film was due for release last year, dunno what happened there. Maybe they decided to push it back hoping that MMM would get good ratings to help boost the films's publicity. Good luck with that. LOL.

@Neliets: I've been self studying Nihongo for over a year now and it's really fun. Learning the Hiragana and Katakana is the easy part, it's the Kanji characters that's kinda tricky. I'm not really good with Kanji and I suck at drawing the characters coz my handwriting is really ugly. LOL. I have ebooks/pdf files for this in case you are interested. ^_^

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 11th, '11, 09:09

seirin wrote:Well, it would be worse if Mary ended up with Jung In after she keeps preaching she loves Moo Gyul. Then suddenly she dumps him and marry Jung In cuz her dad thinks she will be happy with him? Also it's pretty disturbing to have her marry into the family cuz Jung In's dad is obsessed with her mom. The whole story would end up crap as if it wasn't running around in circles enough. It's the ultimate slap in the face. As for the past. I think it was to make Jung In interested in Mary. Jung In had no interest in Mary other than the fact his dad wouldn't give him money if he didn't do it. He had no human incentive to do it. But by bringing up the fact they used to know one another, it would be a better reason to marry Mary rather than being forced into it. Jung In becomes more human this way. Just because two people knew each other since they're young doesn't mean they are perfect for each other. Love can flair within a few weeks. As for a fight, there wasn't any in the plot. Mary never had any feelings for Jung In. The whole story was revolved around Mary and Moo Gyul. When they first meet, she was already drawn to him. It takes two to tango. She didn't even remember meeting Jung In. Of course, she was only 4 years old.
I didn't mean it should have ended in Jung In's wedding as it did now, nope. I agree on that, it would have been bad idea. What I ment is that it should have had more wider story and possibility for Mae Ri to fall in love with Jung In and then end up marrying him. But I didn't saw any possibilities on that matter and so felt wasting my time on just two of them. It was a good point that the picture was only for Jung In to get interested. It's just that I got more intereted on their story than Moo Kyul's and Mae Ri's snuggling.

hehe, MMM is quite hot topic in a way how it could have been better.

I liked Jun as Momo because all the roles that I have seen him doing (not many though) have mostly been tough guy roles and in KWP he had cute role. I kinda understand why they thought JGS could fit in that role (before MMM catastrophe).

lees91

Post by lees91 » Jan 22nd, '11, 16:53

Viande wrote:
I actually disagree. I thought it was too easy solution to just leave Mae Ri and Moo Kyul together. It's like they put a whole other part of the story in a trash bin. All about Jung In's and Mae Ri's past was forgotten as it didn't mean anything. Why add it in the first place if it didn't mean anything.
and ur saying why all korean dramas are all like that? ive seen many korean dramas and most of them are same.third lead character will end up alone,while the other two lead characters will live happily ever after.

based on what ur saying, why did they introduce the third lead character in the first place then?

without jung in and mae ri's past there will be no love triangle between them ..so jung in and mae ri's past DO mean something..and it's also one tough reason for jung in's father to force jung in to marry maeri despite his love towards maeri's mother.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 22nd, '11, 19:50

lees91 wrote:and ur saying why all korean dramas are all like that? ive seen many korean dramas and most of them are same.third lead character will end up alone,while the other two lead characters will live happily ever after.

based on what ur saying, why did they introduce the third lead character in the first place then?

without jung in and mae ri's past there will be no love triangle between them ..so jung in and mae ri's past DO mean something..and it's also one tough reason for jung in's father to force jung in to marry maeri despite his love towards maeri's mother.
I think you missed my point. My point was not to cry why second guy didn't win, belive me I have seen enough love triangles. I was just complaing how boring the so called love triangle was because there was nothing going on with Jung In and Mae Ri so I felt just letting Moo Kyul and Mae Ri stay together for the whole drama without any real problems was too easy solution. And no, I didn't see any chemistry between Mae Ri and Jung In and Moo Kyul's tantrums were not believable so they didn't really count. Also, Mae Ri's and Jung In's past didn't have anything to with their father's agreement, they did that on their own. Actually I still don't understand why Jung In's father wanter his son to marry Mae Ri. Because he loved Mae Ri's mother or he wanter to take Mae Ri from her father to revendge or what? It doesn't really make sense to me. To be honest this drama was so fustrating that I can't even explain what was wrong.

Anyway, maybe my logic is different so lets just drop it. Besides this is actually wrong theread for this.

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » Jan 31st, '11, 11:21

Hey, Ethlenn, where are you?

Have you, Issy and Orion seen this?

Bwahahahaha!

http://koreandiorama.wordpress.com/2011 ... a-and-his/

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 31st, '11, 11:29

Ojou_Belle, I knew the moment I saw your name here. Long time no see!

I abandonned this ship long time ago. Yes WE all saw those pics, and his bragging he's 7.6 body proportions (well, 8.0 is a golden ratio, pabo). You should see the latest Section TV from yesterday. A bashing fest!

Ojou, come to other threads!

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » Jan 31st, '11, 11:32

Ethlenn wrote:Ojou_Belle, I knew the moment I saw your name here. Long time no see!

I abandonned this ship long time ago. Yes WE all saw those pics, and his bragging he's 7.6 body proportions (well, 8.0 is a golden ratio, pabo). You should see the latest Section TV from yesterday. A bashing fest!

Ojou, come to other threads!
Hahaha....it seems I've been a bit tardy here...been concentrating on SG of late.

I have been skulking around the Secret Garden and My Princess thread lately but when I saw THOSE pix...hehehehe...I couldn't help but think of you guys. See you in the other threads!

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 31st, '11, 11:41

Ojou_Belle wrote:Hey, Ethlenn, where are you?

Have you, Issy and Orion seen this?

Bwahahahaha!

http://koreandiorama.wordpress.com/2011 ... a-and-his/
dear, Ojou_Belle
My eyes still hurts from the last time i was shown this pictures by Ori and I clicked on the links again. OUUUUUUUUCH. there is NO word to describe how i feel about this pictures so i am going just place this emoticon :cussing:
I am sure his fangirls already fainting and Kyaaing over these pictures admiring his man-bra (even if it not what it looks like, still the thought is there when he decided to wear it and this is just sick ) and loving the fact that he likes to experiment with fashion (that's what it's being called last time when he looked like a girl)
and YES, we have left this threads for his fans who turn a blind eye on everything he does. me personally, my time is more precious to be wasted on him. i had enough of him. i gave him a last change with MMM and he did not deliver and confirmed every thing i feared. so, I see you on other threads?
I just noticed this thread again by reading E-chan's name and i thought something is not right. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 31st, '11, 11:45

I jumped ship long ago too, but yes. Such horror didn't escape our attention.

But it's a shame it was only fabric. He should go for a real bra and get some breasts to fill it with while he's at it.
I mean, he clearly wants to be as much a woman as possible. Why postpone the surgery anymore? Get it done.

And he needs some fashion tips. Cause no woman who doesn't make a living having 5000 won bills stuffed in her panties while pole dancing would dress like this.
Hell, maybe they would. For a death metal concert or something. But not for an official presentation of a cellphone by freaking Samsung! How did they even allow this? :blink

But anyway, Ojou_Belle, hope to see you on other threads too. Cause I personally won't be stepping here too often. He doesn't deserve my support. The support of his man-bra is all he needs.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 16th, '11, 07:56

Oh my God!!!
I love JGS to death!!!!
:wub:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Feb 16th, '11, 12:28

Damn! there should be a warning sign next to the picture link Ojou_Belle provided. "Warning to all ladies: do not apply makeup, ESPECIALLY MASCARA, when you view this picture due to puncture of the eye!" or something. Im going to have to wear a patch over my eye to work today. :pirate: :twisted:

JGS seizes to be a man in my eyes for now on. Good thing I didnt have to suffer as much since I only saw, what... about three of his dramas. Adios Jang Geun Suk :goggle:

aility

Post by aility » Feb 16th, '11, 12:47

Latest news(??). the movie "My pet has finally (??) released more info, Jang Geun Suk will be starring as Momo, AND Kim Haneul has also said yes?!! at least according to allkpop.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/kim-hane ... -new-movie

WOW! It only look a year from when the rumours started till things started to move. So the shooting will start in May.

All fangirls will be SO HAPPY now, I bet!!! JGS as a Ballet dancer and he gets to keep his wavy hair and even eye make-up, no????!!! :mrgreen:

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 16th, '11, 13:00

Is he really wearing a bra????
OMG!!!
I've got the picture stuck in my head now....
I love JGS in You're Beautiful...
I can't make up my mind about him in MMM
I can't even say a thing about MMM for starters...
But I am looking forward in seeing him portray Momo in YAMP..
Wonder whether he will do it better than Matsujun ( he was soo cute as MM)

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '11, 13:21

Sorry to disappoint but no one would be better than Matsujun as momo. He made that character his own. JGS with all whatever talents ( that has not improved and just stayed the same as he was) he has, won't be any where near Matsujun's momo. Well, there is a way to beat him. And that would be his make up combined with all glittery outfits and lots and lots of showing his S-line. :whistling:

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 16th, '11, 13:23

Who knows hoe JGS will portray Momo and I do accept the fact that there won't be anyone topping Matsujun as momo..
I did mention wonder right..
:-)
anyways lets see whether his portrayal of momo has eyeliners and glitter suits..
imagine that..
:lol

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 17th, '11, 05:05

Just asking....he won't try and dance will he?????????????/////
I do hope not.

It would disturb the peace of memories of Rudolph Nureyev and raise the ire of any living Russian dancer.
I have a picture of Nureyev is a most beautiful pose. He is on one part of one foot taking flight. Nude so breathtaking. At least I know shiny boy can't do that.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 17th, '11, 05:06

Why do I have to keep logging in all the time. Even if I leave for another site and come right back I am logged out. this has been happeneing for a couple of weeks. It's a little tiresome.

aility

Post by aility » Feb 17th, '11, 13:11

I have a suspection that JGS might just do a dance number... remember the scene in "Kimi wa Petto" where Jun did his dance number, which was the first time sumire saw him as something more than just a pet... so I would say that dance scene would be kinda important.

although, I dont even want to imagine the dance JGS is going to do... :whistling:

And Jun is Momo, I dont think JGS can really top that performance. He is too much feminine right now. But then again, he might surprise us all!!!!! Afterall, he does posess talents, hidden under all that glitter and liners... ehem.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 17th, '11, 13:51

aility wrote:
although, I dont even want to imagine the dance JGS is going to do... :whistling:

And Jun is Momo, I dont think JGS can really top that performance. He is too much feminine right now. But then again, he might surprise us all!!!!! Afterall, he does posess talents, hidden under all that glitter and liners... ehem.
Let's just hope he won't do a dance number that'l make us squirm more than the bra shirt thing...
And who knows.. they might just not show him dancing..
Let's just see whether his talents can come through the glitteriness
:lol

moll

Post by moll » Feb 17th, '11, 14:27

ziliey wrote:Is he really wearing a bra????

Of course he's not - it's a pocket, which you can see in pictures where his jacket is more open. I must admit that was my first thought too :lol

It didn't help that I'd recently seen a tv programme about Japanese men wearing bras. It's supposed to ease stress somehow :blink

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 17th, '11, 18:18

moll wrote:
It didn't help that I'd recently seen a tv programme about Japanese men wearing bras. It's supposed to ease stress somehow :blink

Eh???
How in the world does wearing a bra be a way of relieving stress???

Since we girls have to wear them, why do we get stressed out???

That's a real dumb assumption no offense to the Japanese
:blink :roll

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Feb 17th, '11, 18:34

ziliey wrote:
moll wrote:

Eh???
How in the world does wearing a bra be a way of relieving stress???

Since we girls have to wear them, why do we get stressed out???

That's a real dumb assumption no offense to the Japanese
:blink :roll

relieving stress.....the only thing it relieves stress for me is for my back. It suppose to be a pocket?...Im going to have to take a second look at that picture. :pale:

As for Kimi Wa Petto, Im going to have to check the show out again. I remember I enjoyed watching it and MatsuJun was a plus for me. I hope this will bring back JGS into my drama world. I'll give it a try but Im telling you now, if he dances in glitter the fast forward button is going to be worn out! :cussing:

moll

Post by moll » Feb 18th, '11, 01:00

Yep, they're specially made for men and sold by a company called WishRoom operating from a flat somewhere in Tokyo (says it all really). They also do pants :whistling:

JKS's top - someone online said it was a pocket and after looking more closely at a picture with his jacket more open, I can see that it probably is. It doesn't go all the way round anyway. thank goodness, so it's not a bra :sweat:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 18th, '11, 06:05

Oh dear. Bras and pants? I restrain myself from all the remarks that could be made here.....

Stress?? restraint?? Uplift?? unbelievable.........................................................

aility

Post by aility » Feb 18th, '11, 09:49

Peggy wrote:Oh dear. Bras and pants? I restrain myself from all the remarks that could be made here.....

Stress?? restraint?? Uplift?? unbelievable.........................................................
I was also really really REALLY tempted on commenting... oh... restrain!!

But seriously, POCKETS?!! how can those things be pocket where they are placed so nicely that they embrace his bre... I mean chest... :whistling:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 18th, '11, 19:10

Well....uplift is the puzzle doncha think? Nothing THERE to be uplifted surely... or anywhere.

I can't see pockets. but then I have a slight vision problem, so I take it as being there.

I don't think I want t get into another long dissertation about this actor. Too depressing.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 18th, '11, 19:42

If anyone feels relieved that those are just pockets in the shape of bra... well, be my guest. Still - the shape of bra. Looks like a prelude to a real bra. Wonderbra and Triumph have really nice models for even the most flat women, you know.
And how on earth wearing a bra may relieve stress? I am a woman (less womanly than this one) and I don't feel relieved by wearing it at all. Well, maybe only for those who are hidden transvestites, so they don't have to hide anymore, yes, this is understandable. Maybe men should wear also menstrual pads once a month? Oh, this would relieve stress!

Why am I even writing this? :blink

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 18th, '11, 19:55

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You cracked me up E-chan. Thanks alot for cheering me up on these not so happy days of mine.
But yeah, they ARE pockets that looked like something else :whistling: If that shirt was meant to be worn in that way. The thought that actually counts and we all know very well what he was thinking when he decided to wear them. And it's not just experimenting with fashion. That excuse has become too old to use now.

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » Feb 24th, '11, 11:49

Hahahaha...I couldn't resist posting my amusement!

You guys crack me up! Pockets, my foot...oh, well...maybe he's heard of

those grandmas who put their money in their bras when traveling to prevent

being pickpocketed. Hahahahahaa...now I'm really guffawing!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 26th, '11, 02:28

I really like JGS in Baby and I and MMM of course but my sis made comments about him looking too feminine in MMM, and how he seemed to enjoy the "hair treatments". :lol I thought it was funny. However, I saw the pictures of him wearing the bra and I think he has an alter ego like Beyonce and Sasha Fierce. It's just his alter ego maybe. :unsure:

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 26th, '11, 10:52

I LOVE him on Baby and I, You're Beautiful and MMM!!!
And I dont mind him having hair treatments and wearing bra type of shirts since he is such a talented actor whom I enjoy watching!!
And yeah it might Sasha Fierce side of him that makes him wanna wear crazy glittery girly clothes
but who cares!!
I LOVE HIM!!!
:wub:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 3rd, '11, 09:17

I don't know why people so surprised by what he wears. He always seem to wear outrageous clothing. What would surprise me is if he dressed normally ^^; And if he totally gave up dressing outlandish clothing, I would wonder if he's JGS or he got kidnapped by aliens and got replaced with a fake JGS ^^; After that drag queen get up, nothing surprises me anymore about him.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Mar 3rd, '11, 09:54

Like Tegoshi Yuya in NEWS likes to dress up like a girl, our JGS just loves to put on outrageously crazy clothes that makes people go, "Wtf was he thinking??"
But Like Tesshi, we love our JGS!!!!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 5th, '11, 04:22

Yes Zily, it's just JGS's alter ego shining through :lol. I just watched Doremi with JGS in it and it was very good. I would love to see him in a period drama too.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Mar 5th, '11, 06:07

Doremi is it???
Ooooh let me give that a try... If my memory servers me right, I think he was in one with Ha Ji Won!!!
It's a historical drama it seems Hwang Jin-yi
Why dont you give this one a try...
Let me know if he's good in it!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 5th, '11, 18:00

Hwang Jini was the story of a gisaeng who became famous for her intelligence and poetry and independence from the usual duties. She had a young first love with the JGS character which was incidental to setting up her life long hatred of the life she was in and how she dealt with authoeoty.
His role was small and not one to make him a large part of the drama.. He was only in a few episodes at the start. Just very young looking as a young boy.

I really enjyed the drama and I thought there were many senior actors who were unforgettable. It is a first rate drama to watch it unfold the life of the gisaengs and the men who coltrolled them.

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » Mar 7th, '11, 00:17

Oooohhh, yes, Ziliey! You should try Hwang Jin Yi and Hong Gil Dong.

JGS was such a hottie in both period dramas.

He looked really good with long hair in Hong Gil Dong as well.