Jang Geun Suk !!

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 30th, '10, 14:50

gilnis wrote:
When will he shoot NNP or has he started yet?
I should watch or read(?) the original version. I know nothing about it. Was it a movie or something longer?
It was manga (from Kodansha publisher), and drama from 2003.

Filming hasn't started yet (I keep an eye on it), probably everything starts in June or in the second half of the year, and they want to release the movie by the end this year.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 30th, '10, 15:08

Matsumoto did a great job with the cuteness (good kissin' too, so Keun Suk better not only give pecks), but he's not THAT great of an actor.
:blink
to find out how much a good actor Jun is, just watch this scene.
can't remember which ep but when sumire returns from work late and after the phone call fro, fukushima telling her that she is in hasumi's house. then she finds him talking to momo when she got back. the look on momo's face and his sad feeling because sumire was feeling happy. i can't remember how many times i have repeated this scene to see it over and over and see that emotion on Jun's face. you could see the tears coming gradually in his eyes. it gave me shivers
Ethlenn wrote:And just to be clear, Matsumoto is a way better than Sukkie. Really. He has broader variety of emotions as for now. I've seen everything that Sukkie made (yes, Alien Sam also), so I can say: the best of him was in BV, but still, there were few moments he stumbled upon and blocked. It's nothing wrong, great actors have experienced that, but they have to find a way to overcome it. To turn this hampering thing into something (like some gesture, you know...). IN YAB I had the impression that there were some emotions Sukkie wasn't sure how to convey. He relied on his image as an idol, and this was easy because he IS an idol, so not much of an acting.
sorry sukkie, as much as i love you, but i have to agree with everything E-chan said in here :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 30th, '10, 15:21

Issy, we're thinking alike, this is one of my favorites scenes as well.
It's from episode 5.
But one more scene: ending of episode 3, when Momo after coming home from competition is looking for Sumire chan and finds her sleeping in his place. I had knots in my stomach.
I mean, what Matsumoto kun did in Smile was just great. My favorite performance from him so far.
Yup, we love you Sukkie, but loong way before you. Still, I have the feeling that our beloved boy has stopped, and is content with what he achieved. The next movie/drama either prove me wrong, or right.

On the other note, I think the whole Asia Tour is a big, huge mistake. Everything seems to go smoothly, lots of fangirls are content (after being given a walking climax with better earrings than them). But you know what they say: Hana ni arashi, I'm always looking for something looming on the horizon. Asia Tour is a mistake, both for his health, self-esteem, and popularity. It won't booster it up, it deflates it.

lwl1992

Post by lwl1992 » Apr 30th, '10, 15:26

I didn't see the name of his new SBS series drama,he is really cute in the drama~
Jang Geun Suk zzang!

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 30th, '10, 15:55

Ethlenn wrote:On the other note, I think the whole Asia Tour is a big, huge mistake. Everything seems to go smoothly, lots of fangirls are content (after being given a walking climax with better earrings than them). But you know what they say: Hana ni arashi, I'm always looking for something looming on the horizon. Asia Tour is a mistake, both for his health, self-esteem, and popularity. It won't booster it up, it deflates it.
i SOOO agree with you on this. one BIG HUGE MISTAKE. i think his agency got greedy to be honest. he is still young. it all can go into his head and once it does, it prevent him to be as good as he used to be.
OK, we get it. YAB was good. we loved it. i just can't get why is so much hype around it. of course is for sake of milking it even more. but to what extent? as some said in another thread, too much hype about one thing, does not necessary make it more popular. it also can make people sick and tired of it too. just exactly what has happened to me with one of Jdrama on air at the moment :|

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 30th, '10, 16:38

He's been careful with his roles so far. He's done drama, thriller, teen stuff and more mature stuff too (although he could go for a strong adult drama next). This whole tour and hype around YAB, as much as I love it, makes him even more of a "heartthrob for the girlies" which means more adult audiences and film makers might stop paying attention to him. That means less and lesser roles. Sure, being an idol and having all the horny, lonely 15 year olds (or older/younger) crying over you is a way to live by, but when you have potential for more (and he DOES), it's a shame.

The Asia tour just makes this whole thing even bigger. Sure, please your starstruck fans, but try and make new ones as well. Like President Ahn said, fans are girls who might love you and marry another guy. Especially younger girls change their "favorite male celebrity" like underwear. And as one gets older, it gets tougher and tougher to attract the younger crowds which usually go for "the new hot guys".

As for Matsumoto, I've only seen him in Gokusen and KWP and it's one of those "different taste" things again. He's good compared to other japanese actors (which I think are generally really fake, theatrical and unnatural), but I don't think he's even in the same league as Keun Suk. Acting isn't just about looks/gestures and silence. You have to sound AND look convincing and with japanese actors, the "illusion" usually breaks for me when they need to show emotion by speaking. If you can't act by acting and can only do well with looks, they better be damn amazing. Keun Suk did that in One Missed Call and it was brilliant. I just can't see it in Jun. Just my personal opinion.

He just doesn't "grab" my attention. I mean, Issy, that scene when Sumire returned home and all, yes, he looked sad and awkward about what was happening, but it didn't really move me. It did to the point of thinking "Poor guy", but just didn't do it for me like it did for you. It took a few seconds of Keun Suk's performance to have me crying and I didn't even notice his looks at the time. It's just what works for someone. To me, Keun Suk has amazing potential and hasn't even been acting that long. I do fear that his personality and choices are gonna ruin it for him, but the amazing things he could do if he were smart are, I think, unlimited.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Apr 30th, '10, 16:42

Ethlenn, thanks for your answer. It seems I have to make up a lot. :)

Height isn't so important, why would anybody lie about that? As Orion said, if you look at the other people he's with in movies/series, then all their info must be wrong, and I doubt it. If you're among as tall people as you are, of course you don't feel and seem tall. In YAB the other two guys are around 180 cm too. I think Sukkie's 182 cm, maybe he didn't look like it before, but being so skinny he really seems 182 cm. By the way I don't believe this height makes him such a tall one.

"IN YAB I had the impression that there were some emotions Sukkie wasn't sure how to convey."
I felt too, for example when he smiled. I think Sukkie made it hard for himself by creating an unfriendly, unapproachable, stand-offish TaeKyung who isn't able to unbend. Sorry to say when I saw this TaeKyung was smiling and the way he was smiling I felt it inconsequential and I couldn't see any TaeKyung but Sukkie. I think he acted out of character because he couldn't handle it.

They shouldn't make a great to-do about YAB and Sukkie. It's too early. He might have too high an opinion of himself which would be harmful to his career. I don't like American actors because of their self-conceit. I've met only modest Korean actors so far. I hope it won't change. :unsure:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 30th, '10, 16:58

He's good compared to other japanese actors (which I think are generally really fake, theatrical and unnatural), but I don't think he's even in the same league as Keun Suk. Acting isn't just about looks/gestures and silence. You have to sound AND look convincing and with japanese actors, the "illusion" usually breaks for me when they need to show emotion by speaking. If you can't act by acting and can only do well with looks, they better be damn amazing. Keun Suk did that in One Missed Call and it was brilliant. I just can't see it in Jun. Just my personal opinion.

He just doesn't "grab" my attention. I mean, Issy, that scene when Sumire returned home and all, yes, he looked sad and awkward about what was happening, but it didn't really move me. It did to the point of thinking "Poor guy", but just didn't do it for me like it did for you. It took a few seconds of Keun Suk's performance to have me crying and I didn't even notice his looks at the time. It's just what works for someone. To me, Keun Suk has amazing potential and hasn't even been acting that long. I do fear that his personality and choices are gonna ruin it for him, but the amazing things he could do if he were smart are, I think, unlimited.
:blink :blink :blink
gosh, this is even more harsh than your personal opinion about Jactors look. i am starting to believe that you have not watched much Jdramas to think of them as "really fake, theatrical and unnatural" :|
I am not going to argue with your personal opinion in any case. everyone is entitled to their opinion. but it's not fair to generlise everyone in the same catogory. there is good and bad in every where. :salut:

@gilnis
i am so sorry dear not to welcome you before.
welcome, welcome :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 30th, '10, 17:05

He needs a proper noona to keep him in shape. :lol

Like you say, gilnis, he seems like quite the male bimbo so if he's not careful, he's gonna get really old (as in uncool) really fast.

I trust him though. He's doing great so far and, although not long, he's been in the industry long enough to know a thing or two, I think. I mean, if it didn't get to his head bad enough to lead him astray in all the previous years when he was younger too, why would it happen now? I like his choices and where he's going with his acting, but he seems to push himself too much to please. Fans and producers alike. And both those groups of people can be ruthless. I wouldn't want him to end up seeing his job as a burden or feel like he needs to go to extremes to please because it's then when the acting and skills suffer.

5 years from now (heck, one year from now), no one will even remember he lost weight for YAB or care about it. And the girls going gaga over him now will have moved on. So pushing himself physically and going around people pleasing won't mean jack squat in a few years time. Good performances in great series/movies do though. It's those that people remember and that make an actor. I just hope he loves his art enough to go back to developing that after he's done raising a little hell and gaining publicity.

P.S: One Missed Call was terrible. Awful. I did like his performance though. Also, Keun Suk hasn't had big roles in the last 15 years. Modeling and cameos etc etc don't do much for ones skills in acting. As for Matsumoto, it's just my personal opinion. No need to feel offended. :D I haven't watched many jdramas, indeed, but judging both from movies and series, I just don't "feel" japanese actors. They do have a certain style that I just can't get into. Maybe that's why I can't see Matsumoto's acting with a clear mind. The style gets in the way for me. I do hope to find better jdramas to watch though cause there must be good ones there too. But the ones I've watched (maybe bad choices) just don't make me want to see more. Just from what I've seen so far, very few japanese actors are of my liking. Whatever rocks your boat, they say. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 30th, '10, 17:17

Orion1986 wrote:He needs a proper noona to keep him in shape. :lol

I like his choices and where he's going with his acting, but he seems to push himself too much to please. Fans and producers alike. And both those groups of people can be ruthless. I wouldn't want him to end up seeing his job as a burden or feel like he needs to go to extremes to please because it's then when the acting and skills suffer.
I don't feel offended, honey, not at all.

But I guess you got the point in that quote above. He pushes himself too far. But what happens when he realizes that if he doesn't do this, no one will care about him? I mean this can be a double-edged sword for him. He can please the audience, but in return he may become hungry for more. I don't know. The stars can virtually do nothing against the producers or managers, but still - if not because of the fame greed, one wouldn't have to put up with this. It's their choice.

Hope some good noona will take care of him. I would beat him to pulp the very first day, and maybe with every beating some reason would be poured into his mind.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 30th, '10, 17:22

Well, I've crossed swords with people over actors, series etc before and some seemed very normal and sensible people until I said I didn't like an actor they love. Some fangirls can sure turn into monsters. So I try to say things as lightly as possible and keep remind it's just my opinion. It's a habit caused by the self preservation instinct. :lol

As for this bimbo we all love, we need to organize a pummeling trip to Seoul. O.F.A out for B.A.T.S (Beating Actors To Senses). We can take turns in torturing him. :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 30th, '10, 17:33

Ethlenn wrote:They just create themselves as modest, but in fact, they all know what they are worth. But some of them just accept that fact as a part of their personality, and go naturally and smoothly with it, and some remain arrogant and irritating (yep, like some Korean half-god, known by
oh SO trure. there are no modest/shy actors/actresses in this trade. i used to think like "oh, he is very modest, he is very shy" but if you think about it, they won't be in this business if there were like that. they are just actors that makes us believe and have impression about them as modest, shy.... 8)

and yes, E-chan. we are talking about the same drama. all that fuss about it totally ruined my excitment. i don't even see it as good as everyone think it is :|

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 30th, '10, 17:35

I just cooled with age. Now I don't really care. Maybe I read too much anthropology books or something, but I really see no point in arguing which side is better. because, ultimately, each of the sides is the best. Since there is no such thing as objectivity.

I've tried many times to return to Japan stuff, but I chose bad dramas, Issy pointed out KWP to me, and then I immersed. Long story short.

You have good idea, Orion, and since most of us is from Europe, maybe we can organize some overseas operation titled as you said?
:lol :lol

Whenever I find pictures of Sukkie from NNP, I will upload it here, for seeing the progress. But most likely first will appear in June. But I really do hope, he won't be clean sometimes. Please, please :alcoholic:

Oh, and Issy, hon, I'm afraid to write in on this drama thread, but I was dragged, really dragged. And you're right, actors are actors even outside the film plan. They just act, they decide what "THEM" we are perceiving.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 30th, '10, 17:51

I can just see his intro shot now... Instead of a cardboard box, he's in a huge and clean garbage bin. Possibly with flowers, thrown away by some psychotic florist, all around him. He's bleeding just a biiit from his forehead and his knuckles seem to be in a bad condition.. No blood or dirt on his designer clothes though. :thumright:

And of course, when he wakes up in the morning, aaaaall the wounds will be healed and he'll have absolutely no scars even though he was beaten senseless. Heck, Blade doesn't heal that fast, but our Korean Momo will. :P

Man, Keun Suk must be sneezing silly right now. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 30th, '10, 18:06

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :lol
But you got the point here.
I would add the interior of the house: at least 120 square meters, with chrome, shiny, never touched railing leading to the spacious underroof. Of course there is only silver cutlery in the kitchen, which looks like never used. In case of any meals, they look like served by a highly trained chef, and are eaten with napkin on laps.

Damn, I'm becoming embittered with this cleansliness in Hanguk dramas.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 30th, '10, 19:05

Don't forget the stainless steel appliances with lcd screens on em! :P

And of course, the attic/bedroom for Momo is going to be a whole second floor in a studio apartment.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 30th, '10, 19:16

And do not forget about his ex-girlfriend who will be en extreme b*tch with designer clothes on her, glossy lipstick and Loubutins shoes (sorry, I don't know how to spell it, hehe, yep, I'm a girl, and I guess Sukkie would tell me if I ask, mehehe).
Also, there is also dancing studio, but not some underground like Black Rain, but rather an airport with crowds of perfectly fit young people who practice in Chanel outfits.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 30th, '10, 19:51

And of course the dancing scenes will be in an awesome huge stage of a posh theatre with thousands of people in it.

I can just see it. :lol

I mean, they have the money so why not use them, but use them in the right way. Sometimes, things, places and people need to look awful and shaby. You can't always represent life in beautiful colors cause it's not like that all the time. :glare:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 30th, '10, 22:15

That is why I liked Attic Cat. It was messy, natural drama. Besides, who can resist to Kim Rae Won's smile?

Maybe we should write the script? Or just write a random Kdrama script?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 1st, '10, 08:24

We should write a dirty script for Keun Suk.... My goodness, does that sound naughty... :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 1st, '10, 08:29

But I guess every hint on it would be in spoiler tags here, hehe. :lol

I wonder if he had the courage to play in the movie based on our script...

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » May 1st, '10, 08:40

His latest series, i think, is You're Beautiful. :)

Issy

Post by Issy » May 1st, '10, 12:34

@E-chan
what happened to your sukkie avatar dear :mrgreen:
is this a punishment for him for being so careless :P

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 1st, '10, 12:39

No. She's probably planning to put up the picture with the long earrings since we all love it so much. :lol :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 1st, '10, 12:44

You got me, Orion! :lol :lol
But I'll wait for a longer and bigger earring, so I can insert my picture there and make a collage like that. The earring in size of an orange. i guess Sukkie got one.

Yes, until he comes to his senses, Ashura will reign!! :wub: (this is my older than Sukkie love, so...)

Issy

Post by Issy » May 1st, '10, 12:55

:lol :lol :lol
maybe i will start waiting too then :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 1st, '10, 14:54

The way I see things are going: you won't have to wait that long, mehehe^^

But in mourning (?) of normal looking Sukkie, I attach some pics:
Attachments
Sukkie^^ (132).png
Sukkie^^ (132).png (153.28 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
Sukkie^^ (260).jpg
Sukkie^^ (260).jpg (88.27 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
Sukkie^^ (541).jpg
Sukkie^^ (541).jpg (82.51 KiB) Viewed 2770 times

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 1st, '10, 16:18

*knocks on wood* Don't mention mourning. Gives me the creeps. Lol.

Yep. I mean, I like his hair longer alright, but the style and body... Man... I remember that scene in BV where he was working out at the playground. Talk about what is and what could be. He shouldn't have shown us such an awesome version of him if he was gonna take it away. Lol. I hope he's only like that for the roles and is planning to get his body back after them. Don't let the trend suck you in, Keun Suk! Wear the earrings if you can't help it, but for God's sake (and yours AND ours) get your weight back! :lol

Although, it's kind of sad he's going for the cute image too. I mean, he's veeeery sexy when serious and he'd shoot cupid arrows in many hearts if he were a bit more manly in his behavior. Don't get me wrong, if what he shows is his real self, it's a lot better than pretending and I'm glad he's a happy boy, but if, like most celebrities, what we see is just an image he chooses, it's not my kind of choice. :glare:

Grow up and be the sexy serious man we all know you can be :P Or at least lose the earrings, luv. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 1st, '10, 16:26

Yeah, earrings, hmm.. wear, but not oversized.
You can keep longer hair, but be a good boy and listen to Orion, Sukkie!! Give us your body back!!

BTW. Sukkie sang (bad) Sexyback of Justin Timberlake on some fanmeeting. When I heard and saw the verse: "I'm bringin' sexy back", I asked my laptop screen: WHERE?? What sexy?? Sexy you were, 5 kilos ago!
Last edited by Ethlenn on May 1st, '10, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 1st, '10, 16:33

And if he lost that while at his YAB weight then make that 10! He needs weight and working out. Otherwise the only thing he should be singing is "Oops I did it again" cause that's twice now that he's thrown his health down the drain.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 1st, '10, 16:49

We might have to disagree on that. I grew up watching Tv and playing videogames (still do). Never read books (maybe a grand total of 5-8 in my life), but I don't think I'm that stupid. It's not the source of knowledge that's important, but the method of learning.

If one is taught to learn and absorb, but also differentiate between useful and useless information, then that person can learn by any means. He doesn't need books. He needs a noona to teach him how to think. :lol

We need to spank him when he does wrong and keep spanking him until he figures out what he did wrong and why we are torturing him. That way, the boy learns and we have our entertainment. :roll Although I'm more of a spankee than a spanker so we'd need to adjust our method a bit. :scratch: :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 1st, '10, 16:57

Hmm...spanking seems like a good idea. I could come up with few ideas, but none of them is suitable to write (yes, he could accuse me of sekuhara), because the average age of "beings" here on DA is less than 18 years-old.
But you know, he will be too old to learn by himself soon without motivation, so a bludgeon might be good solution. And red ribbon...
A, wait...

On the other note, my whole life was marked by books. And now, when I entered the world of science and research, even more. There is no possibility of making a step ahead if you don't know what's behind you. And books provide it. But it's me. I love reading^^ No war^^

Issy

Post by Issy » May 1st, '10, 17:29

ok orion and E-chan,
no need to argue. if you are looking for a normal(ish) noona with some hints of wierdness, then look no furthur. Issy is here to help sukkie out.
i read books and played games (Tekken mostly which is a great stress and anger reliefer ) at the sametimes. not to mention teaching myself nihongo.
i have books (science mostly, novels and even mangas), Games (only Tekken and Street fighter :mrgreen: ) and dvds. so i can discipline at the same time entertain and most importantly, as i my mind is totally accupied by more Manly manly man at the moment :wub: , your mind can rest assured too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 1st, '10, 17:42

:rofl:

Normal noona? You, my dear Issy?? :rofl: :rofl:

But we can form a three-party aliance and discipline him according to our personal preferences, hehe^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 1st, '10, 17:46

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here, but would that be the guy on your second sig banner, Issy? :whistling:

I'd love to do the "teaching" with Keun Suk, but I'm too much of a maso...erm... sympathetic person to discipline anyone. If we're doing good cop/bad cop though, I can be the good one. :lol Issy can take care of the restraints. I think she'd like that better than the talking. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 1st, '10, 19:17

I can play bad cop. I'm playing bad sensei, so no big difference, ahahaha!!

But this conversation with my usual weekend Cuba Libre makes me dizzy...
Gotta get out before I say something improper, hehe^^

Issy

Post by Issy » May 1st, '10, 22:27

Ethlenn wrote::rofl:

Normal noona? You, my dear Issy?? :rofl: :rofl:

But we can form a three-party aliance and discipline him according to our personal preferences, hehe^^
:glare: well, i said normal(ish) with some hints of weirdness. not your average normal noona :unsure:
:mrgreen: and sorry to disappoint you dear orion, but i prefer talking to restraining. i am normally very peaceful person 8)
and you guessed it right. he is the one in my second sigi (might get promoted to only sigi, as JKS is under some restraining order by noonas). Oh Ji-Ho ssi :wub: :wub: :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 05:54

Well, at least Ji Ho's manly (and has a nice smile). If Keun Suk doesn't stop dressing like a princess, many a fan will start going for other guys. :lol

Maybe he is affected in style by the parts he plays? If so, we need a serious drama/thriller, SOMETHING to make him a man again. :P Make him play a cop again, or a fireman or something. Remind him how good it feels to be healthy, manly and with an awesome body! :cussing:

As for the "spartan education" we'll be giving Keun Suk, you two can be bad cops or bad cop/weird cop and I'll just be the good one. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 07:39

As for your suggestions, this reminded me of a movie called "Tango & Cash", you know?
I would like to see Korean version of it, with Sukkie playing part of Cash (he was scruffy, dirty, but manly). Tango cared about his precious suits (what was hilarious), but this could turn out badly for Sukkie, that is why I'm giving him the Cash' part.
Yes, he should play in some opposite movie to his current image. To change his image. Maybe when in military, push-ups will do him some good. BTW. I got a documentary about Korean army, brrr, kowai^^
Issy's mind occupied by some nice, handsome, manly man, mine as well with JJY (I can't sleep waiting for some new stills from upcoming movie), how about you, Orion?
hehe...

sansukini

Post by sansukini » May 2nd, '10, 07:40

Hi there. I'm new on this thread.

I first saw Sukkie on You're beautiful and I loved his deep voice and his acting so I looked for more of his work. I've been reading this thread and personally, I agree with you all. He's become so skinny. I love him better on Baby and Me. He's so sexy in that movie. I think that's when I became obsessed with him. I have a few issues with his outfits on You're beautiful and I wish they didn't make his outfits like that. My sister and me were watching it and my mom was like, "Is he gay?" when she saw him. It's because of those silly shirts they made him wear.

Anyway, I love his smile so much and I wish he'd gain some weight. I really don't like seeing his skinny arms, compare to his physique on Baby and Me.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 07:54

Oh, welcome, welcome, sansukini! Please feel free to join our chants and grumble^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 08:11

Welcome sansukini! Well, the nickname we gave Tae Kyung with my friends is "Tranny" so I see what you're saying about the style :lol We named his angry moments "Tranny Rage". A taaaad bit too girly for my taste too. Have you seen Beethoven Virus? If you liked his body in Baby and Me, you're in for an awesome experience with BV.

Ethlenn, I'm afraid I'm hooked with this one. Since watching YAB in December, no other man just does it for me :roll I honestly think he's the most handsome asian man I've seen and I've seen plenty. And when I found out he was that mute korean boy (One Missed Call) I'd been looking for since 2006, it just made me even more crazy. :wub:

Too bad he's a male bimbo. He's got these awesome looks, talent and a voice that can melt the poles and he's running around acting like an idiot and looking like an anorexic scarecrow. Please grown up fast, Keun Suk! You're wasting yourself! :glare:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 14:34

In my opinion, you need an emergency treatment, Orion, as well.
Find yourself another one, just for the times like this. And knowing Sukkie for 2 years (yep, long), I know, the times like now will come again.
Then you will immerse yourself with another one (or with lots of "another ones", like me and Issy), and stupidity of this pretty Korean boy will ease in your mind.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 15:01

Nah. Can't force it. Just go along with it. And it's not like I'm loosing sleep or anything. :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » May 2nd, '10, 15:16

Ethlenn wrote:In my opinion, you need an emergency treatment, Orion, as well.
Find yourself another one, just for the times like this. And knowing Sukkie for 2 years (yep, long), I know, the times like now will come again.
Then you will immerse yourself with another one (or with lots of "another ones", like me and Issy), and stupidity of this pretty Korean boy will ease in your mind.
TRUE, TRUE.
see our happy face? *_______________________________*
have no problem wait and see if baby JKS comes back to his senses (in few years time) or not. :whistling:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 2nd, '10, 15:48

Ethlenn wrote:(or with lots of "another ones", like me and Issy).
haha it is really hard to be sincere in such issues :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 15:58

You got that right, MisS Lonliah^^

As bringing back our baby to his senses: let him serve in he military. My, oh, my I'm not sure if they have designer camo for a training. Or if dangling earrings are suitable for crawling in the mud. Muahahaha!! I want to see that!

Poor Sukkie, I gues he enjoys this now as much as he can. I'll tell you, this drag pictures I pointed to someplace earlier were just a prelude. An innuendo to more horror from him.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 2nd, '10, 15:59

MisS Lonliah wrote:
:scratch: i think i'm sincere enough. i don't go back on my favourite guys. they don't get dumped or replaced either. i just add more to my list as i go along. after all, that's life. you need to go forward. and if you see a talent worth noticing and admiring, you have to aknowledge. otherwise it would be a waste. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 16:17

I like to call them: Returning-from-the-grave.

And personally, I can't wait for the next week's Arashi ni shiyagare. Why? Because Nakamura Shido will be in!! I saw him on the stage (yep, he's a Kabuki actor), and I fell in love with his kabuki-styled mannerism. Then, it faded, but I watched Red Cliff lats year, and it came back.
Like Issy said, my guys are never being dumped, they all have some haven in my heart^^ :wub:

I've just returned from different websites, still no news on his Master in NNP.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 16:17

Ethlenn wrote:Poor Sukkie, I gues he enjoys this now as much as he can. I'll tell you, this drag pictures I pointed to someplace earlier were just a prelude. An innuendo to more horror from him.
If he's gonna be a tranny anyway, at least be a proper and proud one! Be a man, be a woman or be a proper tranny, cause right now, you're very vague.
There we go. Lovely. :lol I lol every time I see this. B*tch looks good in drag. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 16:21

He's got better hips than me!! And I have no idea how to walk in high heels! I wanna be a woman, teach me Keunsuk!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 16:35

Oh man, I wonder how he'd react to this whole conversation. Maybe that's all the disciplinary measures we need. Some comments from all the foreign fans who, like us, loooove his sparkly earrings and cleavage shirts. :roll I'm not saying cleavage isn't good. But it's got to be done in a good way.

This picture is one of the best examples I've found. Very manly clothes, modern too and will you look at that? Cleavage shirt! But it's not sparkly and it's done with a scarf and generally manly pieces. Now, can you imagine that with earrings? Neuter yourself while you're at it, why don't you? Throwing all that lovely testosterone away! :lol

Now if such a man asked me out, I'd feel awesome. And if he didn't, I'd kidnap him "Misery" style. :whistling: If that jewelry-crazy bimbo asked me out, I'd ask her to show me where she shops for her clothes and accessories cause they'd help me find a proper man. :lol I'd just need earplugs in that case cause if he asked me out with that voice, I'd have to become half-lesbian for his sake and date him anyway. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 17:10

I wonder why this scarf (??) around his neck? If he's cold, don't wear shirts with cleavage so deep I can see his navel (I can??), you moron!!

But I guess this suits him better, hehe.
I posted few pages back pics of Sukkie in full make up. I guess he was so happy.
Every guy secretly dreams of trying girl's make up items, really. They think in a different, lower level than we, and they enjoy it. Worse, if they enjoy it more than girls.

And I really DO hope he could read this (or someone from his agency). Please, read, and think about it all of you who stripped our boy of clothe..., ermm, no that's me... Of muscles and masculinity!!

Issy

Post by Issy » May 2nd, '10, 17:23

it would be funny if he gets to read this :mrgreen:
YES, truth hurts my dear sukkie. unless you actually feel better when you do and see all of your girly pics. in that case it would be goodbye from me for good.

what if some of crazy fangirls read this? :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 17:44

Issy wrote:unless you actually feel better when you do and see all of your girly pics.
If he gets his kicks from wearing make-up and women's clothing, it's not something he should be doing in public. :lol

I mean, pictures I've seen from previous years look normal. This girly thing hit him after YAB, I think. Beautiful series, but they got him hooked on the cleavage. :lol And even the things Tae Kyung wore, especially towards the middle-end of the series were manlier than what he's been doing lately. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 18:09

OK, evolution of Sukkie:

Pre-YAB:
YAB:
Now:
Future:
because of the earrings.

What he, apparently, aims for:
What we want:
Is this really so hard, Sukkie??

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 18:48

Lol at the "Future" one :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yep. He'll make a lovely lady if he keeps this up. And hoo boy, do we want that last one... Yes we do. :wub: He can keep the longer hair. But either in YAB last few episodes style or the longer one he has now. That first "Now" picture is just ridiculous. He looks like a clone of the A.N.Jell fanclub leader. :glare:

Is it so difficult to dress like he did, but have longer hair and better physique?

Here. Longer hair, some girliness in the clothes, but not too much and normal weight (although I prefer the full BV weight).

Is that so hard to do, you naughty boy?

QueenKittyKat

Post by QueenKittyKat » May 2nd, '10, 19:15

Hmm, not sure if this has been discussed, but I don't see it anywhere lately so thought I'd bring it up.

Have any of you considered his latest look has to do with the fact he's preparing to star in the Korean movie "You're My Pet" as the 'pet'? The role does require him to be a professional dancer (lessons of which he is currently taking, which explains the weight loss). For those that remember the Japanese version, or the original Manga, they may also see strong similarities in his current look and the roll.

I've only been a fan of Jang Geun Seok for a little while now, but from what I've seen, he gets into his rolls pretty good and he's definitely currently looking the part.

There are plenty of articles out there already, but here's a later one for anyone that wants to read.
http://www.soompi.com/news/jang_geun_se ... ure_my_pet

I can forgive his latest look if its all in the sake for a movie ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 19:34

I see no relation between looking like a girl and looking like a mutt. Weight loss? This is just producer's move to appeal the audience spoiled by the worldwide trend of anorectic idols.
I'm trying really hard to see any reason for all of his recent activity regarding his wardrobe and appearance, but I seem to see nothing.
Being a pet has nothing in common with looking like a girl. Well, of course unless he wants to look like this kind of pet:
And we are talking about NNP for dozen of pages.
We know everything. But dance lessons are not the reason of his weight loss, but a very strict diet, called Lou's Diet.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 19:46

Oh my GOD. I laughed my ass off with that picture. Yep. That's the kind of pet he's being now. Momo was very masculine and so was his wardrobe. He only wore make-up for the shows and that's normal in ballet and such dancing just as sparkle and fancy materials is a must in figure skating.

Dressing up as a princess has nothing to do with playing Momo, or at least it shouldn't. Sure, he does seem to get into his characters, but no professional should get into a part so much that it affects his public image. :glare:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 20:00

And if Sukkie will wear guyliner outside the stage in the movie, I will personally strangle either screenwriters or him. Cause he's too much into this. I understand for the photoshoot, I understand polished nails (yes, Issy, I do), but unless you're some emo kid with imagined problems or a glam artist - let it loose. He has nice lashes (not that outstanding as the other Momo, but...), beautiful eyes without the liner!! Grrr....

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 20:07

Sure, the eyeliner can even out the eyes a bit (since he's got different eyes because of the eyelid thing), but why fix what ain't broke? Look at BV. THE shining example. No eyeliner there and he looks awesome. Beautiful eyes. His eyes and look do the talking. I don't need them in bold to pay attention to them. :lol

And Momo is very manly when not in his pet role. He acts cute and is a ballet dancer, but his behavior is perfectly normal for a young guy. He even had the on again off again ex girlfriend to show us some kissing scenes and generally show he's a normal guy like everyone else. If they make him a princess in the korean version, I'm gonna be pissed. Being a ballet dancer does NOT make you prance around like a daisy all the time or act/look like a woman. They should create that contrast between his role as a dancer and pet and his real personality which is what also created the drama and empathy towards his character.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 2nd, '10, 20:25

OMG Ethlenn :rofl: :rofl: @the Future pix & the pet

a sincere fan never badmouth his/her FAV idols and support them no matter what they do or wear :mrgreen: jk

anyway, just to make things clear.. I'm a fan of him too :P and I enjoy reading all of your crazy yet meaningful comments 8) , so keep them up please :salut: mostly i read the posts silently, but with such kinds of comments of course I can't shut up XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 20:26

Don't start, honey, I'm sipping my gin (in order to speed up my synapses) but instead I want to watch again KWP any episode given. Kissing scenes... Hope Sukkie will also kiss in a proper way. And I have to work on some article, but since 3 days I've been so busy here^^. Maybe I should write about Sukkie?

As you said, Momo was a normal 20-years old guy, behaving like a normal 20-years-old guy would. He didn't have a moment when I asked: Is he a she? Nope.
I love Sukkie, and hope I won't stop, I don't want to stop, he's young, at ripen age, hehe, but sometimes he's so unbearably stupid.
I listen to his interviews just for the sake of his voice, not for the content though.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 2nd, '10, 20:35

Issy wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
:scratch: i think i'm sincere enough. i don't go back on my favourite guys. they don't get dumped or replaced either. i just add more to my list as i go along. after all, that's life. you need to go forward. and if you see a talent worth noticing and admiring, you have to aknowledge. otherwise it would be a waste. :mrgreen:
yes yes so true :thumright: I was just joking :mrgreen: .. the only problem is that my list is increasing so FAST, and i give the new entries more time than the others :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 20:42

Oh, honey, our hearts are like the Universe: expanding.
Mehehe^^

Really, I gotta get out of here. I did nothing during this week because of our beloved girl name Sukkie.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '10, 20:57

Yep. She's a real diva that demands our attention, ain't she? XD

Good on you, ladies, for having a big heart with lots of room. Choice is always good and a lady doesn't get bored. :thumright: I personally go through them one at a time. Sure, I like many, but I only go gaga over one at a time. I'm a one man (celebrity hunk) girl. :lol Although, the way things are going with Keun Suk, I'm becoming a one girl woman... :blink That stupid dongsaeng... :glare: Or should I call him yeodongsaeng? :P

Have to sleep now. I had a dream about him last night, with all the talk we've been having. Please let me see him again tonight in his BV state! Please let me see him again tonight in his BV state! Please let me see him again tonight in his BV state! Please let me see him again tonight in his BV state! Please let me see him again tonight in his BV state! :goggle:

P.S: Mis S Lonliah, your sig is hilarious. Eita's face is priceless! I've only watched the first episode so far. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » May 2nd, '10, 21:03

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
looool at Future sukkie and original momo sukkie is trying to compete with :mrgreen:
ok, here is normal clothing that 1st momo was wearing. they were no more than 3-4 outfits. i don't see any branded cloths. more like second hand clothing to me :scratch:
and finally, we rant, complain about sukkie because we care. we want to see him one of the best :wub:

ps. Miss S L, try to ve vocal here more. nice having you around :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 21:44

Issy, you did that, you bad woman, you!!!!!
:wub: :wub:
Now I have to watch some more of Jun...

I was wondering why MisS Lonliah is away from us, she's so welcomed here^^

About the clothes of original Momo, I was sure he just found them at some garbage bin and Sumire chan just washed them, mehehe. There was only one piece of garment that never been repeated in the drama: the one Momo was wearing before his first dance (that Sumire chan saw).
Yabai, I need my daily Jun fix. :whistling:

But I have really bad feelings about the movie. :crazy: :cry:

PS. I can badmouth everyone from my "heartwarming list" except for JJY. He's a god. Period.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 2nd, '10, 22:40

Ethlenn wrote: And I have to work on some article, but since 3 days I've been so busy here^^. Maybe I should write about Sukkie?.
you don't need to write anything dear! just copy and combine all of your posts here and you will get an excellent article :P

The reason why I'm away from this thread is that once I open my mouth, things are just going to keep coming and i won't be able to stop XD XD i prefer staying calm as much as possible :mrgreen: :salut: much love!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 22:48

I logged in before going to sleep to say: don't stop! Come here more often!!
You're the most welcomed here :mrgreen:

We're calm, as a sea before the storm. :salut:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 3rd, '10, 10:33

thanks Ethlenn :wub: I will try my best XD

this is for you :roll
Note that I'm talking about the fox only :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 3rd, '10, 10:52

Yesss, I knew it was the fox..., dear^^

Issy!!! Your sigi!! Are you banning our baby too??
Serves him good, when the movie is out (or at least first stills), I will judge upon him, cause Justice is mine, and I will think again should I put him back.
(sorry, too many books, too many Eliade stuff^^)...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 3rd, '10, 12:46

And since we've been so tough on him, here's a nice song for my unnies. Young and foolish. Yep, that's him. :lol Honestly, people are always so sad nowadays, if he's really that happy, good on him. I only mind it if it's a front. :glare:

MisS Lonliah, lovely picture. That little fox is adorable! The plushie he's holding is cute too. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 3rd, '10, 14:36

Aaa, when I'm down I watch some literal version of a video (try search in youtube: Safety Dance Literal version, or my personal favorite: Creed Literal Version). It's good even when you don't know the original. It helps, but...

I've never heard of Koop Arponen, but when I want to shake-that-thing I listen to some good, old Big Bang, hehe^^