Korean Actors/Actresses discussion thread

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Korean Actors/Actresses discussion thread

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '10, 13:59

OK, time to move to another place.
What about this one?
The title is temporary, ladies^^
In any case, I will change, just give me the better name.

Here, I hope we will continue our rantings and discussion here, cause right now, Jang Keunsuk doesn't deserve to have more pages. If he ever did.
And the policy is: no policy at all!

Posting some pictures, not limited by the name of the thread, talking some off-topic things, like we normally do.
You know, Coffee Prince on D-A^^

:salut:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 20th, '10, 14:24

8) good one E-chan.
i am liking the new place and as i know only no more than 4 or 5 kactors, i think it would be quiet educational for me. :P
i like our new rant cafe :mrgreen:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 20th, '10, 14:38

Ooo... goodie. A new place to rant and rave. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '10, 14:48

Eoseo oseyo!
Welcome!
But the title is temporary.
I hope we all benefit from this thread.
:wub: :salut:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '10, 18:15

Well, if it's Keun Suk specific, I'll stick to the other thread, but we often talk about issues concerning other things about korean actors/industry/style etc so we can post such things here. :cheers:

And just to make things clear, this isn't a fangirl thread for pretty boys and hot girls only. We talk about all kinds of actors here so if you like someone old and ugly (lol) don't feel like you can't post in this thread.

So I can start with Kim Myung Min. Although he's not old or ugly, but he's not a 20 year old heartthrob either. :P

Absolutely adore this actor. I think he has a very powerful presence and can honestly pull off any role. I've only seen him in 2-3 things, but he was amazing in all of them. His performance in Beethoven Virus just had me in awe of how epic this guy is.

He's just one of those high caliber actors that immediately gains your respect and attention. I've enjoyed every performance of his so far and I'm sure I'll enjoy them in the future as well.

He's got two pretty strong movies coming up so I can't wait for them. And he's working solo now so he can decide on anything he wants to do which I think is awesome. I trust his judgement and I know he's gonna give us great stuff.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '10, 18:37

Oh, no, not a fangirl thread. Just some serious stuff, please.

There are lot of interviews lately with Kim Myung Min concerning his performance in Man of Vendetta (2010) (see, I told you, I'm more into movies). Movie seems to be intense and I'm actually waiting for it to watch. I know him from Closer To Heaven (2009) which was very good, and Open City (2008), as for me, quite good movie. He got an award for the former: The 30th Blue Dragon Film Awards: Best Leading Actor (Closer to Heaven).
He actually had to defend his new movie of being accused as anti-Christian. Please, it's just about the priest who
One day, Hye Lin, the five-year old daughter of a devoted pastor, Joo Young Soo, is kidnapped. Pastor Joo, who has a rock solid faith in God at this time, prays wholeheartedly for her safe comeback, but she does not return. Eight years later, Joo Young Soo, who now does not believe in God and leads a completely secular life, receives a call. Hye Lin is still alive and is with the kidnapper. Joo Young Soo’s resolute attempt to rescue his daughter begins...

With his legendary acting, Kim Myeong-min, together with Seol Kyeong-gu and Song Kang-ho, has earned a solid place in Korea’s movie district, Chungmuro, as one of its best actors. He has created sensational and convincing characters in every role he has taken. With his acceptance of the role in “The Destroyed Man,” (Daisy Entertainment/Hancomm, Sponsors; iFilm Corporation, Production; Synergy, Marketing; Woo Min Ho, Director; featuring Kim Myeong-min, Eom Gi-joon, Park Joo-mi) there is high expectation of yet another poignant transformation in his acting.

Yi Soon Shin in “Immortal Yi Soon Shin”, Jang Joon Hyuk in “White Tower” and Maestro Kang in “Beethoven Virus” - these are some of Kim Myeong-min’s wide range of characters which he had made completely his own. With these roles, thousand-faced Kim Myeong-min has earned the praise and admiration of the general public.

Last year he showed the highest level of method acting, taking the role of Lou Gehrig’s disease patient Baek Jong Woo, in “Closer to Heaven”. By choice he went through a painstaking diet to realistically portray the dying Baek Jong Woo. He received the critics’ acclaim as well as moviegoers’ enthusiastic approval, and was awarded Best Actor at both of the major motion picture awards in Korea (Daejong and Blue Dragon). With this movie, he has irrefutably proven himself worthy of the big screen as well, following his previous success on television. His being cast in “The Destroyed Man” in 2010, even before filming started, has attracted huge interest and attention of the media and public alike.

In “The Destroyed Man,” Kim Myeong-min plays the role of Joo Young Soo, a pastor, whose young daughter is kidnapped by a psychopath named Rudolf. Joo Young Soo is convinced that his daughter is dead, but eight years later he is contacted again by Rudolf, who still has Joo’s daughter with him. Joo Young Soo is determined to find his daughter. Kim Myeong-min, as Joo Young Soo, is expected to capture the audience again with his signature charisma.

Eom Gi-joon is cast in the role of Rudolf, a psychopath who is relentlessly pursued by Kim Myeong-min. Uhm has proven himself a serious actor in musicals as well as in television dramas. The role of Kim Myeong-min’s wife, Min Kyung, is played by Park Joo-mi, who starred in “Yeoin Chonha” (Women’s Rule) eight years ago. This will be her debut on the big screen. She is expected to express painful, motherly love of a woman who loses her child to a criminal.

This movie is an exciting, hair-raising thriller, a story of breathtaking chases of a father who finds out that his daughter kidnapped 8 years ago, is alive. Filming of “The Destroyed Man” began in January, and the movie is expected to be released sometime around the middle of this year. (hancinema)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '10, 18:55

Anti-Christian? Ahaha! Well, Kim Myung Min happens to be a Christian himself so I don't see how he'd be against the faith itself.

And religion, faith and the church are all open to discussion (or should be) so I don't see how exploring faith or even critisizing some of religion's more darker sides is a bad thing.

People shouldn't be mindless sheep. Especially about their morals and faith. You can't say a movie is anti-Christian just cause you don't agree with it.
That shows a close-minded person which is quite a contradiction considering it takes a veeery open mind to believe in the presence of an invisible force/creator.
It's people of faith that should be the most open-minded and accepting ones and yet they're the biggest stuck-ups and fanatics.
I guess it's church and religion that give faith a bad name, in a sense.
I'm a person of faith myself, but I don't accept or want the church or religion to think for me. I know what I believe and it doesn't matter what religion it falls into or if it's not something I can practice in church.
I'm not bashing here. I'm just saying close-mindedness is bad and so is blaming people/works of being anti-christian just because they don't portray things as you'd want them to.

And I've neen dying to see this movie! I can't waaaait! :w000t: I just know it's going to be amazing and I know Kim Myung Min will rock in it too. I bet my mom will love to see it as well.
She's a very spiritual person so if there's struggling with faith, she'll find it interesting and guess what? She's open-minded too. It's not impossible. :glare:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '10, 20:00

It's a very tentative problem, the faith.
I'm from a very religious family, but I went into an atheist way myself. I'm not an aggressive, I'm not going like an apostle of non-existent God. Maybe there is some god, God, Gods, I don't know, I haven't met anyone. I am tolerant and friendly toward every nonsense people can imagine (I mean, come on, Scientology??).
But every movie touching the topic of religion is a very dangerous one.
And it's true that the strongest opposition comes from the institutional church. Don't get me wrong, every religion is fine up untill the moment people want to codify it, to close it withing one group, to NAME what should be left unnamed. :whistling:
And Korea is half-Buddhist half-Christian, surely this topic can touch all.
A priest losing his faith in the face of such tragedy. Especially priest. A common folk can lose his/her faith, but priest is "the chosen one", right?

As you said, people shouldn't be just sheep, but it's comfortable to be one. You don't have to think on your own. Thinking hurts sometimes. Thinking makes revolutions.
That is why Nazis burnt all the books and persecuted the scientists.
That is why in all tyrant hegemonies the scientists, philosophers were persecuted. Because they were thinking on their own, and not as the system (the hegemon) wanted.

Oh, my, not exactly the movie topic...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '10, 20:15

So you're more of an agnostic. You haven't been convinced, but don't also deny it since we really can't know anyway. I respect that very much. I might sort of be one myself, actually.

Some of my religous views follow, but this is off-topic so read only if you give a damn. :P
I personally do believe that something greater must have created such a complex world, but I believe/hope that whatever that is just created us and let us grow and evolve ourselves.

I'm sorry, but when so many suffer and the world has so many problems, I can't believe some all-loving creature is allowing all this. If He's in charge and is letting all this happen, then I'd hate such a God.

And some might say "Well, it's people that are sinful, it's our fault" or "He's just testing us", but you know what? He made us so if we have flaws, it's because he wanted us to and if he's all knowing, he doesn't need to test us.

I can love a God who loves me and to whom human life and happiness are the most important thing. More important than any plan He might have.

So when there's so much pain around me, I'd rather believe it's because he left us to fend for ourselves and gave us freedom rather than that he's just sitting pretty up there enjoying his plan while we suffer.

I guess my take on life is: I don't know or care if there's a God. I'll find out after I croak. I care about having a good life, beeing good to people, giving and receiving love and helping those in need when I can. I want to die old without regrets and proud of the life I had.

Whether there's something after that, well, I'll worry about that when I get there. :P

I just watched the trailer for the movie. Man, it looks SO interesting! I'm very eager to see how his character copes with his faith and also the motives behind the kidnapper's actions.
He seems to have a beef with the guy. It almost looks like he's trying to make him pay/teach him a lesson for something.

In can't wait for his performance. That's a tough character to play and I'm sure he plays it very well.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '10, 20:36

Yeah, more of agnostic, or just a tolerant atheist.
You know I give a damn, that is why I stick to this forum for so long. And since my students wanted to postpone tomorrow's exam, I have few hours to hang around here^^.
I'm more into karma thing. And the idea of reincarnation really appeals to me, not to the extend I will convert to this-or-that religion, as I find every one of them just a bunch of myths. But I love mythologies, on the professional basis, you know.
But the thing that people don't get about reincarnation is of two kinds:
"I couldn't be a toad in my previous life, are you insane??" or the other: " it's stupid to think your dead .... (put anything) is this dog you are looking at". people think reincartantion is about being born either as an animal or another human. I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but in fact there are so called Eight-fold path. Which means - 8 worlds in which a soul can be reborn. This includes a demons and also gods. I had difficulties in accepting the lack of possibility of amending the bad deeds. I don't know, maybe I'm lazy.

As you, I will find out when I die. But I like to repeat after another Gladiator character: Proximo, who was saying: "We're nothing but shadows and dust"
I tried to post some trailers to upcoming movies, or those who had the premiere on the blog. So I may say, it's pretty updated on the matter.
If you read this, you know what movie I'm waiting for.
I guess in every Korean movie show I was watching lately (I Love Movies, Joint! Movie Journey, Entertainment Weekly, etc.) there was an interview with Kim Myung Min.
Everyone is interested in it^^
Me too.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '10, 20:51

I personally don't like the idea of reincarnation cause to me, memories and bonds are important. Who we live as shapes us and our soul. The people we love, the experiences we have are all unique.

I think a person's uniqueness and life's meaning are diminished by the idea that you can have many of them. How important and unique would a mother be if you had countless, I mean.

Sure, one can say we're all people and loving many is possible, but we don't love all people the same. I believe everyone has special people in their lives and I believe they are few and important.

That's just my take on it though. The "we have only one life to live so we should live it well and find happiness" idea appeals to me more and makes me love life more. I also don't want another life. I love my family and my friends and I want them to be the only special people for me :D

I believe what I see. I see one life and one person that I am now. So I try and live well and be right by myself and by the people around me who care for me. I think it's a healthy way of living.
Back to the movies before we get a lashing. Lol.

I know he's got another movie coming out besides The Destroyed Man, but I don't remember what it was about. Just that I liked the idea. Lol.

He taught our numbskull a lot in BV, but Princess is endangering it all with his latest craze. See, THIS is what I want Keun Suk to grow up to be. A Kim Myung Min-type actor. Respected, admired and taken seriously.
I know his skills can take him there, but they can't do it if the image doesn't follow.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '10, 21:07

About the actors: It ALL depends on them solely. If they want to please the crowds, OK. Fine, do this, sell yourself. I don't care, as well I don't respect.

About our discussion:
every incarnation is separated connected only by the balance of good and evil deeds. I believe in circles of history. That is why it appeals to me.
But I don't mind anyone's opinions on it^^
Nah, the Princess won't trade her glitter for some face hair. Never. I waved goodbye also on the blog, so it's official.

Back to our discussion on actors:
Kim Myung Min is a very respected actor. With solid actor's base. The one who never got crazy about the ratings, popularity... hell he could. As for me Hyun Bin is an average one. Surely he's cute, but not that outstanding either. In the similar type of " man's beauty" as Kim Myung Min. But he's extremely popular because he wanted it. He did it with the right way, on the other hand.
He didn't wear a stripped Disco Ball like JKS.
That's the difference.

Two Official Websites for Kim Myung Min:
Korean Official Website
Japanese Official Website

And this other movie is:
Joseon Detective Jeong Yak Yong: The Secret of Yulnyumoon (Movie - 2010) - working title:
here

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '10, 21:11

Thanks for the links. I'll see your official goodbye to Keun Suk in a bit. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '10, 21:19

No need, honey, I just maintain my blog for myself, and few friends, I guess...
But I post there what I can't post here.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '10, 18:08

So I will start with my Men.
Man nr 1:
Jeong Jae Young
정재영
Filmography

* G-Love | Geulreobeu (2010)
* The Moss | Iggi (2010)
* Castaway on the Moon | Kimssi Pyoroogi (2009)
* The Divine Weapon (2008)
* Public Enemy 3 Gonggongui jeog 3 (2008)
* My Son | A-deul (2007) - Cameo
* Going by the Book | Bareuge salja (2007)
* Righteous Ties Georukhan gyebo (2006)
* My Captain Mr. Underground Mai kaeptin, Kim Dae-chul (2006) - Dae-chul
* Wedding Campaign Naui gyeolhon wonjeonggi (2005) - Hong Man-taek
* Murder, Take One Baksu-chiltae deonara (2005) - Bully
* Welcome to Dongmakgol (2005) - Chief Comrade Lee Su-Hwa
* Someone Special Aneun yeoja (2004) - Dong Chi-seong
* So Cute Gwiyeowo (2004)
* Shin Suk-ki blues (2004)
* Silmido (2003)
* No Comment Mudjima Family (2002)
* Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance Boksuneun naui geot (2002) - Husband of Dong-jin's ex-wife's
* No Blood No Tears Pido nunmuldo eobshi (2002) - Dok-bul
* Guns and Talks Killerdeului suda (2001) - Jae-yeong
* Taxi of Terror Gongpo taxi (2000) - Non-stop
* Die Bad | Jukgeona hokeun nabbeugeona (2000)
* The Spy Gancheob Li Cheol-jin (1999)
* The Happenings Gimaghin sanaedeul (1998)
* The Quiet Family Choyonghan kajok (1998) - Hyun-suk
* Push! Push! | Sanbuingwa (1997)
* Green Fish Chorok mulkogi (1997)
* The Adventures of Mrs Park Park Bong-gon gachulageon (1996)
* Searching for Our Class Uribanul chasubnida (1990)
He started as a theatre actor, and even now he appears on the stages, he played in Welcome to Dongmagkol stage version, as well as some others.
No drama in his career.
But recently he, with some other fellow actors like Ahn Sung Gi released a campaign called "I'm a good Downloader". I guess it depicts us.
And truth be told, I admire him, no silly stuff from his side, no fangirling stuff from my side.

And since the craze about QSD is slightly over, I guess I can make a coming out about
Man nr 2:
Kim Nam Gil
김남길

Movie

* Lovers Vanished | Pokpungjoenya (2010)
* Tears of the Amazon | Amajonui Nunmool (2010) - narrator
* Handphone (2009) - cameo
* A Portrait of a Beauty | Miindo (2008)
* Public Enemy 3 (2008)
* Modern Boy (2008)
* No Regret Huhwihaji anha (2006) - Song Jae-min
* Don't Look Back Nae cheongchun-ege goham (2006)

Television

* Bad Guy | Nabbeun Namja (SBS / 2010)
* The Great Queen Seondeok | Seondeok Yeowang (MBC / 2009)
* When Spring Comes (2007)
* Several Questions That Make Us Happy | Woorereul Haengbok Hake Myeot Kaji Chilmun (KBS2 / 2007)
* Lovers | Yeonin (SBS / 2006)
* Good Bye, Solo (2006)
* Sweet Buns | 단팥빵 (MBC / 2004)
And again, that is why I was waiting for the atmosphere to cool down. No silly stuff from him, no fangirling from me. (I don't count his goofy pictures on the set).
I admire them both. :notworthy:
Especially when I read this:
Kim Nam-Gil has stated his role model for an actor is Jeong Jae-Yeong, whom Kim Nam-Gil worked with in "Public Enemy Returns" and also graduated from the same high school.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 10:55

And since I have 10 more minutes to spare and it's better to give them to some actors, not damsel in distress, I proudly present:

Ryoo Seung Ryong
류승룡
Movies

* Blades of Blood | Kureumeul Beoseo Nan Dalcheoreom (2010)
* Best Seller | Beseuteu Serreo (2010)
* Secret (2009)
* Possessed | Bulsinjiok (2009)
* My Girlfriend is an Agent | 7Keup Kongmuwon (2009)
* Love, First | Nae Sarang (2007) Jeong-seok
* My 11th Mother (2007)
* Hwang Jin-yi (2007)
* Beyond the Years | Chun nyun hack (2007)
* Cruel Winter Blues | Yeolhyeol-nama (2006)
* Righteous Ties | Georukhan gyebo (2006)
* If You Were Me 2 | Daseot gae ui shiseon (2006)
* Murder, Take One | Baksu-chiltae deonara (2005)
* 1.3.6 (2004)

Television

* Personal Preference | Gaeinui Chwihyang (MBC / 2010)
* Garden of the Wind | Baramui Hwawon (SBS / 2008)
He's perfect, he can play a very miserable character, a cold-blooded psycho, and a warm person. Plus, he has this voice...
I guess now most of the people know him for his portrayal of Director Choi in "Personal Taste", my one and only reason to watch this drama. Well, LMH was cute, ok...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 22nd, '10, 12:26

Ethlenn, Thanks for presenting these fine actors!! I'm pretty new to kmovies/dramas. Used to watch Japanese entertainment only and recently got persuaded to try out Korean. Sadly I don't understand a word but Korean men surely caught my eyes :wub:

Got one man to add and like to hear your opinion about him:

Ha Jeong-woo

FEATURE FILMS

2010 Hwang Hae : Filming
2010 And Us, Fashion Model Ha Won : Waiting for Release
2010 Love Fiction, Novelist Goo Ju Weol : Pre Production
2010 Parallel Life
2009 Take Off ( Gookga Daepyo ),
2009 Like You Know It All
2009 The Boat : No Boys, No Cry
2008 My Dear Enemy ( Meotjin haroo )
2008 E.T. at My School ( Wool Hag-gyo E.T. ) ( Cameo )
2008 The Moonlight of Seoul ( Beastie Boys )
2008 The Chaser ( Chu Gyeok Ja )
2008 Forever the Moment, Blind Date Man
2007 Breath ( Soom )
2006 Never Forever ( Dubeon-jje Sarang )
2006 The Fox Family ( Gumiho gajok )
2006 Time ( Shi gan )
2005 The Unforgiven ( Yongseobadji mothan ja )
2005 She’s on Duty ( Jambok-geunmu )
2004 Mr.Gam’s Victory ( Superstar Gam Sa Yong )
2002 Madeleine

SHORT FILM

2005 I am not that kind of person ( na geu reon sa ram a ni e yo )

TV DRAMAS

2007 MBC H.I.T ( Homicide Investigation Team )
2005 SBS Lovers in Prague
2005 MBC Best Theater <Love>
2004 KBS The Age of Warriors ( Mooinshidae )
2003 KBS Wedding Story <Unstoppable>, <My>
2002 SBS Live Right

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 22nd, '10, 12:39

NO! Stay away!!!

Ahem... sorry... just a reflex... See, this man scares the hell out of me! THIS is the kind of psycho I want Keun Suk to be one day. The Chaser was a horribly, disturbingly, disgustingly shocking and good movie and this guy just rocks in it.
He's made the killer completely nuts and avoided every cliche. He didn't look just non-responsive and cold or just angry or simply cheery like most psychos in movies look. They usually pick a behavior cliche and stick to it.

This guy goes through so much crazyness in the movie that it's really scary. This incredible man made me sit there holding and squeezing one of my couch pillows while watching the movie cause he was so damn scary. Ahaha. Awesome performance.

I really need to find more stuff with him.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 12:55

I haven't seen any drama with him, but about the movies:

Parallel Life - this is really disturbing story.
Take Off , - I liked it, nice comedy with a bright thought reverberating through the entire movie. Plus, Kim Ji Seok in it^^
Like You Know It All - Slow, without much action, but focused more on the messed up personalities of those people. Plus nice shots from Jeju^^
My Dear Enemy - quite entertaining, not my style though.
The Moonlight of Seoul - oh, gods, don't watch if you don't have to. Heavy, dark, gloom, pessimistic. I was so washed up after watching this, and ended up hating everyone in this movie.
The Chaser - Orion stated what I wanted. One of the best Korean Movies at all.
Breath - heavy piece of movie. But I didn't like it. Maybe because of the photographic technique used in it?
The Fox Family - Ahahahaaa!! Watch it if you want some nice story. Different from what he usually plays.
Time - oh gods, another heavy, but brilliant Korean Movie
The Unforgiven - I didn't like it, personally, but...
She’s on Duty - ahahhaa!! I loved it, Gong Yoo and Kim Sun Ah, they were hilarious! Although story is plain, not too much action, very average movie.
Mr.Gam’s Victory - nice baseball movie. With Gong Yoo again^^ It gave me hope for some time, that we can do it if we want it.
2002 Madeleine - Jo in Sung also. Great soundtrack. Average love story, but served with very warm and amiable attitude. You won't regret.

Very good actor, very versatile. It's a pure pleasure to watch it.
Parallel Life is worth watching, really^^

Two other movies with him:
Love Fiction (2010)
And Us / Breakfast At Tiffany's (2009)
(but I haven't seen them yet :cry: )

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 22nd, '10, 13:02

So I need to find and watch Parallel Life. I was hoping to avoid more weirdness since my clogged up nose gives me weird dreams during the last few days, but I can't resist now. :P

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 22nd, '10, 13:05

Thanks for the recs!! I forgot to mention, I watched him in The Chaser and was overwhelmed by his performance. Then I rediscovered him in Boat (I watched it cause I like the Japanese actor Tsumabuki Satoshi) where he plays a pretty dumb guy, also very convincing and now I was wondering what to get next. Guess I'll go with Parallel Life.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 13:16

Trailer for Parallel Life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klbU3A-cLQc

I have The Boat somewhere, but I had no time to watch it.
So many movies, so little time...

Movie (Parallel Life) is on Avistaz, I can upload it somewhere as well, if you want.

Plus, about playing a dumb guy... In Wedding Campain, JJY played a character which I described as "mildly behind normal speed". That's why I love him^^

BTW. Poster for his new movie Iggi, where he plays... a 70 years old guy. He said in one interview, make up he had to wear actually aged him few years. You hear that Princess??
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jun 22nd, '10, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 22nd, '10, 13:23

Please tell me that that creepy old guy on the top right is him...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 13:25

Yup, that's him :wub:
:mrgreen:

My blog is basically on my 2 men, with overwhelming presence of Nr 1^^
Wait a bit and I will provide some trailers...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 22nd, '10, 13:31

Ahahaha. So, this is your top, No1 guy, right? I'll check him out in this movie then cause it looks interesting.

Oh and I just noticed Kim Sang Ho on the poster! Nice. I like him. :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 22nd, '10, 13:44

Thanks for the Info, Found PL. Relly appreciate your recs and infos!

I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't know anything about your man no. 1. Gonna check him out soon. The poster does look promising. The make up alone is amazing!!

I recently saw your man No. 2 in Bad Guy. Dunno about the drama yet, but I enjoy watching HIM ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 13:51

You know, I was talking once with my Korean friend and she saw my wallpaper on my phone, and screensaver (wallpaper, JJY, screensaver KNG).
She was like: Who are they??
KNG is more known because of his role as Bidam, but JJY... she said I'm a weird European girl, and she said I can keep my men cause... ee... actually I can't even write it.

And yes, Orion, some good eyes you have^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 22nd, '10, 14:03

Now I want to see Iggi so badly! And it's out in July! Aaargh. :w000t:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 14:07

I know, I'm waiting for this movie a whole year long...
I feel so miserable, no one wants to buy me a ticket to Korea. Ticket for the premiere I can buy on my own, hehe.
Anyone?
:pray:

I posted teaser here:
Nanana, I'm not normal, nanana

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 22nd, '10, 15:02

Ooooooooooh. I can't waaaaait! This looks SO cool! And it only goes to show how a good trailer can get someone psyched. The music piece is amazing and so is the way it's presented. Wow. Your guy looks seriously creepy!

Damn, I'm very obsessed now. Have to see this movie! :goggle:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 19:25

I'm addicted to trailers, you know? It's my weird hobby to watch them, and download the most interesting.

A good trailer parameters:
1.30 min - 2.30 min.
The less dialog the better
The less music the better.
No Robert Pattinson in it.

However, a good music can boost up the expectations (like in Iggi)
I gathered some:
Here 1
And here as well

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 22nd, '10, 19:54

I'll watch them later, but I couldn't help not to watch the Secret Love one. I can't see Yu Ji Tae and ignore him. :heart: He just has something very adorable about him. Well, he's hot too, but adorable as well. :P

A veeery nice trailer, engaging,full of suspence and emotion. Awesome music to support it too. An awesome trailer can create great first impressions on a movie and on the other hand, a bad one can really make one misjudge.

Someone better sub this one soon cause I'd love to see it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 20:00

I got the movie, but not subs.
Too bad... But whenever I find, I give you a link^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 22nd, '10, 20:17

:D Thanks. Also found the movie, but no subs. Lol. It's over at asiatorrents (among other places, I'm sure).

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 20:28

I take Kmovies from Korean sites (as well as TV shows and dramas), but most likely they don't have subs.
But they do have some nice quality movies^^

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 22nd, '10, 20:36

I don't wanna be off-topic so I'm gonna say that all the Korean Actors & Actresses are happy now because South Korea advances to the next round @world cup! :thumright:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 20:38

There's nothing like off-topic in this thread, honey!

Chukha hamnida!!! Assa!! Ossha!!
:cheers:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 22nd, '10, 20:46

I wanted to be polite :P

Go Red Devils! :cheers: >>> most of the Korean Actors & Actresses are cheering :mrgreen:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 22nd, '10, 21:05

YAY!! Glad they made it!! :cheers:

Ethlenn, thanks for the trailers. Now I won't be getting bored while staying @ home for the next 2 weeks =))

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 21:20

I'm planning to make more posts with trailers (some movies on the way).^^

MisS Lonliah, you are always so considerate, hun^^

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 22nd, '10, 21:43

Ethlenn wrote: MisS Lonliah, you are always so considerate, hun^^
lol XD thanks :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '10, 22:12

I need to drink. Heavily. Get dead drunk actually.
Innolife said that KNG is going to the military at the end of June.
But, after I drank first drink, I realized I was in a rush. How come? Today's 22nd. They finished shooting ep 11. If it's true, i will be absent, closed in some monastery.
For some period I have the wine supply of course...

Anyway!
First screeners for 71 - Into the Fire are available, but in such a bad quality... Movie itself looks like a blockbuster. I hope they didn't get rid of the "essence" of the movie and just focused on CGI. Premiere was on June 16.
here to watch the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oA62yTX ... re=related
And posters:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 23rd, '10, 00:13

OK. i think i have fallen in love with Ji Jin Hee :wub: :wub: :wub:
:mrgreen:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 23rd, '10, 01:59

Ah well. Like this thread.

Lots of Korean actors I have on my list.

Kim Nam Gil is a fairly new one although I must say I was impressed with him in the early movie 'No Regrets'. I think I may have mentioned that somewhere before. Made me sad but the acting was powerful.

There are several war stories out from Korea lately. It seems to be the fashion So Ji Sub doing 'Road No.1' promises to be good. the lead lady is Kim Ha Neul whom I greatly admire. Lots of the Korean heart throbs, as well as good actors, are off to the military.

Several are just coming back again.

Ha Jung Woo is breathtaking in 'The Chaser' I wonder he did not have nightmares doing that role. He can do anything... comedy or tragedy and horror.
'The Fox Family' was hilarious. Song and dance man and crazy fox man.

But he can be very attractive and persuasive in a romance.

Gotta go. Back later. Hope this thread grows.

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 23rd, '10, 09:12

Yes, Peggy, we mentioned No Regret in KNG thread. I could say much more, but I have to refrain :heart:

Ji Jin Hee profile:
Official Website
TV Series

* Dong Yi (MBC, 2010)
* Telecinema Paradise (SBS, 2009)
* The Man Who Can't Get Married (KBS2, 2009)
* Star's Lover (SBS, 2008) cameo
* Spotlight (MBC, 2008)
* The 100th Bride (2005)
* Spring Day (SBS, 2005)
* Miss Kim Makes 1 Million (SBS, 2004)
* Dae Jang Geum (MBC, 2003)
* Love Letter (MBC, 2003)
* Passing Rain (MBC/Fuji TV, 2002)
* Four Sisters (MBC, 2001)

Movies

* Su (2006)
* Perhaps Love (2005)
* If You Were Me (2003)
* H (2002)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 23rd, '10, 09:20

Ethlenn, I watched all the trailers in your blog. Man, some of them I really wanna see. Can't wait! :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 23rd, '10, 09:31

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, Peggy, we mentioned No Regret in KNG thread. I could say much more, but I have to refrain :heart:

Ji Jin Hee profile:
Official Website
TV Series

* Dong Yi (MBC, 2010)
* Telecinema Paradise (SBS, 2009)
* The Man Who Can't Get Married (KBS2, 2009)
* Star's Lover (SBS, 2008) cameo
* Spotlight (MBC, 2008)
* The 100th Bride (2005)
* Spring Day (SBS, 2005)
* Miss Kim Makes 1 Million (SBS, 2004)
* Dae Jang Geum (MBC, 2003)
* Love Letter (MBC, 2003)
* Passing Rain (MBC/Fuji TV, 2002)
* Four Sisters (MBC, 2001)

Movies

* Su (2006)
* Perhaps Love (2005)
* If You Were Me (2003)
* H (2002)
:lol thanks alot dear
i am just loving his charcaer as the king in Dong Yi. so sweet, so adorable and i think he is HOT too :mrgreen:
and i realised last night that i have seen him in Perhaps Love with Takeshi. i just can't remember hi character. maybe because my eyes was glued to Takeshi and no one else :wub:

aility

Post by aility » Jun 23rd, '10, 12:24

Wow, the music from the Iggi trailer made my heart go gdunk gdunk...

and let's not forget my love, wonbin. He has got the looks and the talent :wub:

Won Bin
원빈

Movies

* This Man/Mister (2010)
* Mother (2009)
* My Brother (2004)
* Taegugki (2004)
* Guns & Talks (2001)

TV Shows

* Friends (MBC, 2002)
* Autumn Tale (KBS2, 2000)
* Tough Guy's Love (KBS2, 2000)
* A Light at the Small Station (KBS, 2000)
* Ad Maniac (KBS2, 1999)
* Ready, Go (MBC, 1997)
* Our Story (1997)
* Propose (KBS1, 1997)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 23rd, '10, 12:47

Aility, honey!! Welcome back!!

Yes, he's ALL yours^^
And very talented, it's fact. Those who don't believe, watch Mother.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 23rd, '10, 13:05

And he's handsome too. I might check him out as well. Beautiful man. :thumright:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 23rd, '10, 13:14

Yes, I'm on my way to dig up some more trailers^^

And Ji Jin Hee just won my smile after this interview:

Korean actor Ji Jin-hee on the set of TV series "Dong Yi" [MBC]

Ji Jin-hee says he is "happy to break stereotype" playing a king

The introduction of the "adorable King Sook-jong" was a landmark event for MBC TV series "Dong Yi" and the history of traditional dramas on the small screen. King Sook-jong is shown as a king who showers his royal blessings upon his servant court ladies with a bright smile, and one who runs around freely when he goes outside the palace walls for the first time. While the new character might have been born from director Lee Byeong-hoon's reinterpretation and writer Kim I-yeong's script, it was actor Ji Jin-hee who completed the transformation. We met the actor, who is showing new potential as a comic actor through KBS TV series "He Who Can't Marry" and film "Runaway from Home", at the joint press interview held May 6 on the Yong-in set of "Dong Yi".

Q: In the beginning of the series, King Sook-jong's secret travelings caused quite a stir.
Ji Jin-hee (Ji): To be honest, I never imagined that he would have such qualities. I thought, 'He is just a king, how far could he go?' But not only did he travel very far but he only went out at night because he wanted to see how commoners really live. That scene actually shows pretty briefly on the screen, but we have been going to all sorts of places and shooting five days a week for it. Luckily, I like it because there are a lot of funny scenes and I was able to break the viewer's stereotype of playing a character who is a king.

Q: But he is still a king -- don't you feel that your character was too caricaturized?
Ji: I think that is a matter of perspective. Aren't people saying that because the King Sook-jong in "Dong Yi" is more interesting and provocative compared to how he was portrayed in the previous dramas? Of course, I did worry a lot over how the viewers would respond. But the producer had the skill to break old stereotypes and we are getting a positive feedback, so we are having fun shooting the show.

Q: The producer's skill is important too but, to everyone's surprise, you looked very natural doing comedy in KBS drama "He Who Can't Marry" and film "Runaway from Home". Like you have been doing it all your life.
Ji: I used to say in many interviews that I wanted to do comedy acting later. I love watching sitcoms and comedy programs, and isn't it better to do fun stuff in life anyway? But I really wanted to be good at melodramas and serious stuff first, and I thought it would be nice to show my funny side when I got older. But unlike dramas, the movies that I thought would be commercially successful weren't very big hits at the box office. So I thought maybe I was out of touch with the times but I am actually getting a good response when I tried comedy and a lot of compliments too. I'm starting to wonder if my future lies in comedy. (laugh) But more than anything, I think I am just getting a kick out of playing a royal character like I do on the show.

Q: You play an incredibly jolly character and have relationships with many characters in the story. What is the atmosphere on the set like?
Ji: Several days ago, I was at home waiting for the script to arrive and on standby for the shoot. But then when we were told the script was coming out tomorrow and we couldn't shoot today, everyone on the set decided that we should all go out for drinks. They called me on their way to Seoul from Ilsan, and so I went out to drink rice wine with them. It was two in the morning and my wife asked me if I was going out to shoot. I told her I was going out for a drink and then she was worried about the not script being ready. But we actually had fun that night for the first time since we started working together. Everyone was there -- Queen In-hyeon (actress Park Ha-seon), Ok-jeong (Lee So-yeon), Cha Chun-soo (actor Bae Soo-bin), Dong Yi (Han Hyo-joo) and Official Suh (actor Jeong Jin-yeong). We became much closer drinking and talking about our concerns. I like things like that.

Q: On the set, who is the type to soften the atmosphere?
Ji: Jeong Jin-yeong is incredibly jolly on the set. Even when he doesn't have any scenes to shoot, he goes around and talks with people, like the props staff and wardrobe people. So there is nothing he doesn't know about. He knows everything that happens on the set, like why the script isn't ready yet.

Q: The atmosphere sounds great but it must be an exhausting job physically. At the press conference, people thought you would have it easier because you play a king.
Ji: The weather is colder that I thought it would be. (laugh) But I have it better than Cha Chun-soo because he is always running around on snow-covered fields and falling down on the snow. When you read the script, it is extremely scary. In the eighth episode where Chun-soo appears in the show again, the script reads something like 'Chun-soo gets rescued from the water'. Actor Bae Soo-bin was expecting that he would just be lying on a sandy beach but the writer tells him to jump in the water. Once he was up on a cliff for several hours because the script said that Chun-soo was "doing something on a cliff". Anyway, I have it a whole lot easier than that guy.

Q: How is it having to constantly put on and take off your moustache for the show? I heard it irritates your skin a lot.
Ji: It’s been causing a lot of problems to my skin. I haven’t been able to sleep a lot either so the dark circles under my eyes are so bad that I have to wear heavy make-up. I’m in a sad situation. But very gratefully, a Japanese fan of mine sent me a remover I can use when I’m taking off my moustache. I usually almost faint when taking it off because I have to use petroleum but this doesn’t smell at all. It’s a jackpot product so I’m secretly using it for myself. (laugh)

Q: It’s undeniable that the ratings for your show plays a part to the atmosphere on set. They’re good but you could have expected ratings similar to “Dae Jang Geum.”
Ji: I don’t think we should be comparing with “Dae Jang Geum.” Will there ever be a drama like that ever again? I think the two are being compared because producer Lee and I are working on it but I believe that we’re in a different situation from then. There are a lot of fun dramas out these days. And our ratings aren’t as high as they were for “Dae Jang Geum,” but they’re still pretty high. (laugh) I’ve been having fun shooting the show and haven’t paid attention to the comparisons. There is an anticipation that comes from seeing Dong Yi who is a new character and Jang Hee-bin and Suk-jong who have been re-interpreted. I think the ratings would go up if we shot it to be interesting.

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@
Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@ , Lee Ji-Hye seven@
<9426>
http://www.hancinema.net/ji-jin-hee-say ... 23281.html accessed: 2010-06-23

aility

Post by aility » Jun 23rd, '10, 13:34

:offtopic:

I ordered the whole set of Dae Jang Geum yesterday, as I have heard so much about this show. all this talk about historical dramas has affected me :D And I will get started on downloading Chuno soon as well ^^

How is Dong Yi compared?

The line of shows and movies that I want to watch is getting awfully long now... ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 23rd, '10, 13:36

I'm waiting for my Queen Seonduk shipment (yes, call me crazy).

Dong Yi is a great drama! It scores the highest ratings from viewers, from critics and from downloaders^^
Really, watch it!

aility

Post by aility » Jun 23rd, '10, 13:47

I guess I know what I will be during my summer vacation back at home: watch historical dramas! :D

My friend also recommended QSD, but I think I will wait for now :mrgreen:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 23rd, '10, 15:12

*silent reader mode off*

I cant wait for 71 : Into the fire becoz of Cha Seung Won. IMO, he's one of the great talents too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 23rd, '10, 15:44

You should always leave your "silent mode" off, dear^^

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 23rd, '10, 16:00

Hehehe... ^^

Anyway, hunting for the movies tht you ladies just recommend. Now I hope I have the time to actually watch them. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 23rd, '10, 16:11

Ethlenn wrote:I'm waiting for my Queen Seonduk shipment (yes, call me crazy).

Dong Yi is a great drama! It scores the highest ratings from viewers, from critics and from downloaders^^
Really, watch it!
Oh My God, Dong Yi is the best. i was hooked on from ep1 and could not stop watching ep after ep. now i am so addicted that i watch the raws as they come out too. :mrgreen:
yes. i read JJH interview sometimes ago. isn't he just adorable and cute? as i said before, i just can't have enough of his king sukjung character and for the first time, i was NOT annoyed by the lead actress. i liked her in Iljimae too.
i think is only me but i realy can't like any of k-actresses. they all act annoying (well, the ones i have seen in dramas) :crazy:
Last edited by Issy on Jun 23rd, '10, 16:52, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 23rd, '10, 16:30

There's something in what you're saying.
There are few actresses though that I really enjoy.
Kim Hye Ja

Yoo Seon:
plus, she's talented and pretty.

Lee Hye Young
Right now I can't think of anyone else...

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 23rd, '10, 16:57

sorry edited. it seems that my hands type apposite of what i think. :mrgreen:
as i was saying, k-actresses till now have failed to impress me. but somehow, i liked Han Hyo Joo since the first time i saw her in Iljimae. they either try to act too cute or too tough or too dumb in totally wrong places :blink

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 23rd, '10, 17:21

But I got the meaning anyway, dear.
I'm also bored to death by some young actresses.
Like Park Shin Hye, she's cute and adorable, but really can't act.
Yoon Eun Hye is on my list of favorite actresses, but her acting is average. I like her because she's hardworking, and natural^^
Lee Da Hae... don't let me start on this one, she's soooo overrated.

It seems like there is this trend, not only in Korea, but the strongest in Korea, to offer singing idols more and more roles.
Because everyone thinks that if she/can he acts in a MV, can also act in a movie/drama.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The greatest example? Joo Ji Hoon. He was a model from the start. Then he was offered the first role. He was so damn awkward in it. But slowly, slowly he improved. And to be honest, there was only one scene in "Antique" that itched me with his acting. Apart from it, fine. After the military, I hope he will do just fine (and won't repeat the same mistake as last year in April). Jo In Sung started as a model as well, but he's hardworking. He didn't care about the image of freakin' hot guy and appeared in "Dirty Carnival", which is dirty, sad movie, and he plays not likeable, petty gangster.

But sometimes it doesn't work. I enjoyed UEE in YAB and the way she played her character, because, the "fake fairy" was as her acting: fake.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Jun 24th, '10, 09:37

Woaaah, QSD... and there's Uhm Tae Woong in it..... :wub: :wub: I like his acting very very much, so maybe I should watch this drama. I've seen only a few of his works but I'm already really interested. I adore him in The Devil... I watched Handphone - with a little bit of KNG :D - yesterday so I just realized again how much I love him. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 24th, '10, 10:01

Yeah, he's great, I liked him in The Devil as well, he was a match for the devilish, cold, unaffected JJH's character.
Crap, there's something wrong with me, why do I like these types of characters??

Handphone was an average movie as for me, but I watched it for the cameo of KNG in it^^

Uhm Tae Woong in QSD is amazing. For 20 episodes I adored him, his courage, his committment, his stubborness and his passion, but then, in 21 episode some messed up young guy came out of a cave with a grin, so I fell from chair and had to collect my teeth...
Sorry (I had no idea he's in this drama in that summer night), and since I was waitching it live, I didn't remember the whole episode. So I had to download it, hehe...
Watch QSD, really, everything is just perfect in it. Hwarang boys, generals, costumes, Mishil (I hate Mishil, godsss I hate her!!!!).

Have you seen a new movie with Uhm Tae Woong? About the great wild boar? I'm not sure I like it, but it was somewhat funny. It's called "Chaw" if I remember it right...

aility

Post by aility » Jun 24th, '10, 10:53

I think Bae Doo Na is a pretty decent actress. After watching the feeew episodes of Cinderella Unni, of the younger generation, Moon Geun Young is definitely one of the better ones. I remember her from Autumn Fairytale. If it wasnt for that I have a strong dislike for melodrama and SO MUCH CRYING, I would have continued to watch Cinderella Unni, but nope.

Oh! I also like Yoon Eun Hye. She was the reason I saw "Take care of the Young Lady"... I also ALMOST managed to finish Vineyard Man, but had to give up half-way through, mainly because I got preoccupied with other more interesting dramas :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 24th, '10, 13:42

Just watched "Parallel Life".
Well, that was a happy movie... :rofl: Seriously, how high are the suicide percentages in South Korea? They manage to make some of their movies completely and utterly tragic and depressing.
Well, didn't much care for any of the characters so I couldn't care less what happened to them, but still. They overdid it with the deaths a bit. Plus, Mr.Creepy hardly had any scenes at all.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 24th, '10, 14:11

I'm still behind...

I've just watched "The Outlaw" and hmm...
First: the cinematography was nice, even more than nice. I liked the way some scenes were shot. The music was also good, especially in the moment when our detective came back home and spilled the beer... I seriously had a weak moment then.
Kam Woo Sung never disappoints. He was in "King and the Clown" and he did an outstanding job! I didn't even notice "Asian Beauty Treasure" Lee Jun Ki.
His Oh Jeong Su was a normal guy who had misfitted job. He was a police detective and overwhelmed by the crime and weakness of the law, he sometimes abused either prosecutors or criminals. He married a victim of a horrendous crime, and they were expecting a child. Few years after her disappearance she called to meet and introduce him their daughter.
That is why i hate kids!! Little idiot wanted to go the bathroom, and bad luck brought in the same place drunk and very, very high two guys one of whom American. They stabbed them multiple times in the toilet...
OK, enough on the plot, watch it for yourself and judge.
As always, why do they find the imbeciles as Americans who absolutely can't act?? The ending is somewhat unexpected.
Kam Woo Sung was very convincing as a driven to madness but calm and calculative character.
That's all, going to watch some more. I think "The Secret" is on the way (not this with Ryu Seung Ryong this time^^).
See ya ladies^^

aility, I watched Take care of the Young Lady, but for Yoon Sang Hyun though, he's just too adorable. Plus sings very well^^
Thinking about this drama now, I see Keunsuk in all of Hae Na's dresses and sparkle.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 24th, '10, 14:16

See? I told you so. He'd love her wardrobe. And Yoon Sang Hyun really is an adorable guy. I actually hated him at first because of the attitude and machoness and laugh, but then again, I hated Tae Kyung too. :lol Some characters I just have to warm up to.
Watching it the second time around, I'm actually having more fun because I don't get angry at him anymore. Now all of the character's idiocy just seems cute. :P And he does sing well. Not in english actually, but in korean. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 24th, '10, 14:19

This drama actually is made up of idiocy. Like YAB. Sometimes you just can let it pass, and enjoy the ride, and sometimes it's just too irritating.
Depends on the characters or actor sometimes^^

aility

Post by aility » Jun 24th, '10, 14:35

Yoon Sang Hyun's mustache really annoyed me though.. I guess the only one in my mind who can do the mustache is still just wonbin :wub:

I am waay behind, still havent seen any of the movies I have downloaded. Ush... maybe I will see one during dinner, before watching Japanese against Denmark. I want Japan to win, but on the other side, Denmark is representing Scandinavia, humph, tough choice.

:alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 24th, '10, 14:43

Since Nakata isn't the player anymore, I'm indifferent.
Yup, I'm shallow...

No, I would go for Japan still in this game.

And I didn't mind his mustache. I don't mind it at all, except for:
Yup, Jesus wasn't my type either...

But no one wears it better than KNG, mehehe^^

aility

Post by aility » Jun 24th, '10, 14:59

Hmm...
ImageImage
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 24th, '10, 15:07

The first one wins.
Hands down.

And my face down..............
:heart:

PS. You don't want me to flood this thread with his pics....

aility

Post by aility » Jun 24th, '10, 15:16

Ah my dear, we will never agree on this one then. I am glad we somewhat don't share the same taste in men, or uhm... in KNG.

Isn't there a thread for KNG where you can picture spam?! I
On the side note, I REALLY REALLY dont want to leave work today, as I have to bike home, since stupid me forgot 1)wallet, 2) buscard. gawd, uphills only and it is so cold outside. samuiii, shiiiiiiinimasuyo!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 24th, '10, 15:21

I am glad we somewhat don't share the same taste in men, or uhm... in KNG.

Is that supposed to mean he's not a man?? You're dead, stay where you are and you won't have to worry about your wallet or cold weather anymore...

OK, psycho mod is off.
shinanaideyoooo!!! Get yourself a nice WB picture in your head, and that should warm you up...
I posted some spam there but I decided to spam my blog instead, hehe... I mean, what spam??
This spam:
I guess everyone knows it by heart

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Jun 24th, '10, 16:14

Ethlenn wrote: Watch QSD, really, everything is just perfect in it. Hwarang boys, generals, costumes, Mishil (I hate Mishil, godsss I hate her!!!!).

Have you seen a new movie with Uhm Tae Woong? About the great wild boar? I'm not sure I like it, but it was somewhat funny. It's called "Chaw" if I remember it right...
I definitely won't miss QSD. :salut: About "Chaw"... I'm not sure if I want to watch it. :lol
As for now, Kang Oh Soo is enough for me. :wub: