Jung Woo Sung (Jeong Useong)

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
odaesan

Jung Woo Sung (Jeong Useong)

Post by odaesan » Apr 19th, '11, 06:58

He's an excellent actor and he's my favorite Korean actor.

He's had notable roles in "Eraser in My Head" (A Moment to Remember), "Sad Movie", "The Good The Bad The Weird" among others. His most known role probably is Yi Jeong-u in "Athena: Goddess of War" which gained much attention for being one of the most expensive dramas ever made.

He's great. I've seen six or so of his movies.

Name: 정우성 (Jung Woo Sung / Jeong Wu Seong / RR: Jeong Useong)
Profession: Actor and occasional model (and started as a model)
Birthdate: 1973-Mar-20
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Height: 186cm
Weight: 78kg
Star sign: Pisces
Blood type: O
Family: Two older brothers and a sister
TV:
Padam Padam... The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats (jTBC, 2011)
Good Life~Arigato,Papa. Sayonara~ (Fuji TV, 2011) cameo
Athena: Goddess of War (SBS, 2010)
1.5 (MBC, 1995)
Asphalt Man (SBS, 1994)

Movies:
The Killer (2012)
Friends & Love (2011)
Reign of Assassins (2010)
Chengdu, I Love You (2009)
The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008)
The Restless (2006)
Daisy (2006)
Sad Movie (2005)
A Moment to Remember (2004)
Mutt Boy (2003)
Musa the Warrior (2001)
Love (1999)
Phantom: The Submarine (1999)
City of the Rising Sun (1999)
Beat (1997)
Motel Cactus (1997)
Born to Kill (1996)
Shanghai Grand (1996)
The Fox with Nine Tails (1994)
Featured in known CFs such as Giordiano with Jeon Ji-hyeon and with Shin Min-a.
Last edited by odaesan on Aug 7th, '15, 23:21, edited 3 times in total.

odaesan

Post by odaesan » Nov 16th, '11, 05:12

The poor guy went through a lot after finding that his co-star in "Athena" who was his girlfriend was a divorcee without his prior knowledge.

I'm sure you all remember that scandal.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 16th, '11, 13:09

Would be good to add his filmography.

odaesan

Post by odaesan » Nov 16th, '11, 21:52

Ethlenn wrote:Would be good to add his filmography.
Done, and now it looks like the d-addicts wiki except it says "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" and not "Strange" in it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 17th, '11, 00:09

My first movie with him was "Restless", and than "Daisy". Not my favorite, but good actor.
But I have to say for the record - I hated all characters in "Musa", his included. Something was wrong with this movie, terribly wrong.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 17th, '11, 01:05

odaesan wrote: The War of the Red Cliff (2008)
Jung Woo-sung wasn't in Red Cliff. I watched all four hours of that stupid film and he wasn't in it. I read somewhere that he was apparently considered for Hu Jun's role.

Saw him in Daisy, and also love his Giordano ads with Jeon Ji-hyun. I hope they reunite for a CF soon.

odaesan

Post by odaesan » Nov 17th, '11, 01:08

Ethlenn wrote:My first movie with him was "Restless", and than "Daisy". Not my favorite, but good actor.
But I have to say for the record - I hated all characters in "Musa", his included. Something was wrong with this movie, terribly wrong.
I think the first movie I saw with him was "A Moment to Remember" then "Sad Movie" with the last one being "Daisy" even though it was released soon after those two.

Yes, "The Warrior" had no sense of direction. It was difficult to watch. It took me 3-4 days to finish watching it. I was just thinking that they should all let the princess die and they could go home. The best characters were his and the archer's character, but that's within a crowd of bad characters.

"Daisy" was decent, but I don't think this was a movie in which he could show his abilities. I felt that it was more like an update of "Born to Kill" or something.

"The Restless" was decent, but it didn't quite establish the setting and motivations for the characters so it felt a little weak. It was like a brawl movie with special effects.

I think his best roles were in "A Moment to Remember/Eraser in My Head", "Sad Movie", and "The Good, the Bad, the Weird". The first because it was a nice portrayal of buried emotion, the second because of his charismatic behavior, and the third because he brings in that charisma even though he is in an action film and he plays his part well.

Thanks, kitty10. I need to look into that. I'll remove it for now. I haven't seen it myself.