Singaporean dramas, actors & actresses - News ?

Discuss about your favourite Chinese Actors and Actresses.
chitato_80

Singaporean dramas, actors & actresses - News ?

Post by chitato_80 » Nov 14th, '05, 06:22

Who here love to watch SG-dramas ? Who's your favorite actor or actress? What is your fave drama ? :D

I used to watch a lot of SG-drama a long time ago when I was still in Junior High ..
Back then there were a lot series with Li Nan Xing, Zoe Tay, Pan Ling Ling, Chen Li Ping, Chen Han Wei, Thomas Ong, Chew Chor Meng, Jacelyn Tay, Terence Cao, Fann Wong, and Christopher Lee..... :wub:

Among all of them I guess Fann is the only one that's still going strong ? :p and I just found out that Fann is dating Christopher Lee now ?

My fave dramas that I remember :
1. Wild Orchids / Zai Jian Ying Guang Lan - Thomas Ong & Fann Wong
2. The Unbeatables II - Li Nan Xing, Zoe Tay, Chow Cher Meng
3. Ah Xue - Ivy Lee and ?
4. The Dragons Five ?? not sure of the title but it's a cop dramas.. I used to love this series and watched it several times :p - Thomas Ong and 4 other hot guys :p I used to like one of the guys.. but now I can't even remember his name :scratch:

What about you ?

n0v4_88

Post by n0v4_88 » Nov 14th, '05, 18:38

I don't watch a lot of Sdrama, i prefer the movie. But I think it is cool. The drama I watched is about a mother who had 3 son and a daughter. She was killed but return and only her children can saw her. It is a comedy drama though I don't know what's the name.

:-)
Last edited by n0v4_88 on Mar 29th, '06, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

tv_addict

Post by tv_addict » Nov 14th, '05, 18:59

ah i LOVE singapore drama! they are the best! :thumleft:

there's a lot that i've watch n the best so far is the series wit christopher lee n jeanette aw in...if not mistaken it is 'true heroes' where christoper lee is a policeman.

there's a few more i like but i cant really remember the names of the series. i think the latest series which was posted here " the rainbow encounter" should be good.. but too bad the torrent aint working for me! :-( :cry:

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 14th, '05, 19:10

I just recently got hooked on sg dramas. Ive noticed that a lot of sg dramas center around family problems. :wink: I haven't watched a whole lot but my favorite is Beautiful Illusions. The story is awesome and it kept me at the edge of my seat! :mrgreen: My favorite actors are: Fan wen Fang, Christopher Lee & Qi Yuwu! I like some other guy too but I don't know his name. :lol He sings and he's in wo de taoqi tianshi & plays the baddie in lu xiao feng 2.

Anyways, I like Christopher a lot but how come I always see him play a silly character in a lot of ancient series? Like Dragon Heroes, Green Snake White Snake, Palm of Rulai... *sigh* Someone give him a more man-lier role!

Fann and Chris make the hottest couple. I hear they are going to get married soon? I'm currently downloading that Moon Fairy series they are both in. Seems like a winner.

evilhomura89

Post by evilhomura89 » Nov 21st, '05, 14:57

Well, I like Felicia Chin who act as Fu Bao Bei in Potrait of Home.

BTW, u guyz know where can I get Singapore series torrent??

athida

Re: Singaporean dramas, actors & actresses - News ?

Post by athida » Dec 1st, '05, 04:19

chitato_80 wrote:I used to watch a lot of SG-drama a long time ago when I was still in Junior High .. Back then there were a lot series with Li Nan Xing, Zoe Tay, Pan Ling Ling, Chen Li Ping, Chen Han Wei, Thomas Ong, Chew Chor Meng, Jacelyn Tay, Terence Cao, Fann Wong, and Christopher Lee..... :wub:
I used to live in SG before and back then I watched them every evening. You just listed all my fave actors/actresses. :D
chitato_80 wrote:My fave dramas that I remember :
1. Wild Orchids / Zai Jian Ying Guang Lan - Thomas Ong & Fann Wong
2. The Unbeatables II - Li Nan Xing, Zoe Tay, Chow Cher Meng
I don't quite remember the titles of the dramas now. But Wild Orchids was one of them and there was the one with Terence Cao, Fann Wong and Cynthia Goh from 1997? There was also the ghost story with Thomas Ong and Fann Wong (Unbreakable Cycle?). :unsure: Aii my memory fails me. The first one I ever watched was Li Nan Xing and Chen Li Ping with a group of school children.

amrie91

Post by amrie91 » Dec 22nd, '05, 03:00

i love jenette au xuan
esp in ren wo au you last year!!

shinko

Post by shinko » Dec 22nd, '05, 04:12

yea...i used to watch SG dramas when i was in primary school too..my family used to rent video tapes to watch...i remember the first drama i watch was 'bu lao de chuan shuo' (the immortals(?)...if i'm not mistaken) acted by Chow Cher Meng and someone else... I feel that SG dramas are very realistic and revolve around our daily lives. Peer presure, 'kiasu-sm' (fear of losing) and family matters are always the message potrayed in SG dramas. Aw... I really miss the good old days of watching SG dramas... :cry:

freakyboii

Post by freakyboii » Dec 24th, '05, 17:32

@n0v4_88
The show you are talking about is To Mum With Love..i think. It has Michelle Saram, Christopher Lee. But it is not a movie :\ so I maybe wrong.

Yeah..my fave couple is Jeanette Aw and Qi Yu Wu. They look sweet together don't they?

I also think Sgdrama all family-themed. Almost every series have a scene where the supporting actor/actress buys 4d/ Toto tickets. Especially in Holland V :)

amrie91

Post by amrie91 » Dec 25th, '05, 11:59

yea Qi Yu Wu and Jeanette Aw do look sweet together...
i didnt like Holland V tho, i tot it dragged on too much

milky_soo

i like sg drama also

Post by milky_soo » Mar 4th, '06, 12:25

hello everyone.......

i also like to watch sg drama, i love it ,it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my favourite actors are FANN WONG,CHRISTOPHER LEE,CHEN HAN WEI,JACELYN TAY, ZOE TAY, AND MANY MANY MORE.

currently i'm looking for fann and christopher lee series lucky star.......
i really love to watch series act by fann and christopher lee, they really have the chemistry

they are the golden couple in singapore......

luv FANN & CHRIS forever

chitato_80

Re: i like sg drama also

Post by chitato_80 » Mar 14th, '06, 02:27

milky_soo wrote:hello everyone.......

i also like to watch sg drama, i love it ,it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my favourite actors are FANN WONG,CHRISTOPHER LEE,CHEN HAN WEI,JACELYN TAY, ZOE TAY, AND MANY MANY MORE.

currently i'm looking for fann and christopher lee series lucky star.......
i really love to watch series act by fann and christopher lee, they really have the chemistry

they are the golden couple in singapore......

luv FANN & CHRIS forever

Here's the torrent for what you're looking for.. ..Xing Suo 12 episodes .. no subtitle though .. but I can't guarantee that there's still seed for it.. sorry.. give it a try...

official website :http://www2.ch8.mediacorptv.com/drama/lookforstars/
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

milky_soo

Post by milky_soo » Mar 15th, '06, 14:25

chitato_80
hey i got the torrent thank you so much. was looking for it for so long
but just no one have it......

chitato_80
so you also one of fann and chris lee fansssss also.
are you from singapore?????/

[C]han[G]

Post by [C]han[G] » Mar 15th, '06, 14:38

I Like " From Zero To Hero". One Of The Better Shows Around.
And One More Show From Chew Chor Meng, Ann Kok, Evelyn Tan Call " Fu Man Ren Jian " In Chinese. THAT WAS THE BEST !

chitato_80

Post by chitato_80 » Mar 22nd, '06, 03:23

milky_soo wrote:chitato_80
hey i got the torrent thank you so much. was looking for it for so long
but just no one have it......

chitato_80
so you also one of fann and chris lee fansssss also.
are you from singapore?????/

No problem.. so did you manage to get the complete episodes ?
If not, I'm currently uploading this drama to daddicts tracker
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 85c3024efb

Please help seed the episodes that you've completed ..

No, I'm from indonesia :D I am not really a die hard fan of anybody haha but yes i like Chris and Fann :wub:

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Mar 31st, '06, 14:05

i think YOUTUBE.com is a good source for clips ^^
if you searched under "fann" or "fann wong" you get alot of clips

can more ppl seed for LOOKING FOR STARS--

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Apr 1st, '06, 09:44

anyone knows where to download MY FAIR LADY starring FANN WONG & Gallen Lo ??

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31694

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 13th, '06, 02:34

mmm i've never watched S dramas but im here to put in my 2 cents seeing as though im half done with green forest, my home. and the guy that plays william, leon, is singaporean. He's majorly hot too! Although his chinese isnt that good in this drama and it got on my nerves that he'd alternate between chinese and english alot but still i like him! But in this drama i was rooting for ethan ruan becuz lets face it, he's hotter than leon BUT thats a different topic! :D

bryansgirlalways

Post by bryansgirlalways » Oct 20th, '06, 15:32

anyone know where to download the series - The Beginning, with english subs?

thanks.. :unsure:

waqar

Post by waqar » Oct 20th, '06, 15:48

No one like phua chu kang mah :P .

AndromedaAiken

Post by AndromedaAiken » Jan 14th, '07, 19:37

I remember Good Morning, Teacher as well! It was shown in 1989 I believe. It starred Li Nan Xing and Chen Li Ping. This was the role that shot her to fame as "Aiyoyo!" *grin* I was very very young when I saw that but strangely enough, I could remember some of it.

akirachan

Post by akirachan » Jan 14th, '07, 21:52

It's strange to see Singaporean Dramas being so popular with people outside of Singapore when the general opinion among locals is that they are not as good as HK, Taiwanese, Korean or Japanese dramas. In fact I think a lot of them do horribly in TV ratings. If you're a fan of Fann, you should catch the drama that shot her to fame, whose name I cannot remember, but stars Chen Hanwei as a teacher and she as his love interest.

AndromedaAiken

Post by AndromedaAiken » Jan 15th, '07, 16:21

Can anyone seed Looking for Stars please? It's an old show starring Fann and Chris. I will help seed upon completion. I'm currently stuck at 67.8%. Thanks!