Joe Chen QiaoEn

Discuss about your favourite Chinese Actors and Actresses.
tammiest

Joe Chen QiaoEn

Post by tammiest » Mar 11th, '07, 06:38

陳喬恩 Joe Chen QiaoEn is my absolute FAVORITE Taiwanese actress, and I thought she definitely deserved her own thread as she is a BONAFIDE TRIPLE THREAT. :) A lot of this information comes from the AF-thread and was actually compiled by JCQE. Lots of props to her.

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ ... starry.jpg[/img]
(credit for picture: AF-gallery)

Vital Stats:
Birthdate: 1979/04/04
Blood type: O
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 45kg
Siblings: 2 brothers-- one older, one younger
Languages: Mandarin, Hakka, (some) Taiwanese/Hokkien
Favorite Color: yellow
Favorite Food: chicken testicles
Favourite Animal: dog
* She gets upset when she sees people mistreating their dogs and when she sees a lot of strays on the street.
* Her dog's name: 来福 [LaiFu] [Come Luck]
* Her cat's name: 肉包 [RouBao] [Meat Bun]

Filmography:
2001: Lavender - DramaWiki | DA Torrent
2002: MVP 情人 [MVP Qing Ren] [My MVP Valentine] - DramaWiki | Jem Torrent
2004: 千金百分百 [Qian Jin Bai Fen Bai] [100% Senorita] | DA Thread | DramaWiki | DA Torrent
2004: 愛上千金美眉 [Ai Shang Qian Jin Mei Mei] [In Love With a Girl] - DA Thread | DramaWiki
2005: 王子變青蛙 [Wang Zi Bian Qing Wa] [The Prince Who Turns Into a Frog] - DA Thread | DramaWiki | JenEm Torrent
2006: 剪刀﹐石頭﹐布 [Jian Dao, Shi Tou, Bu] [Rock, Paper, Scissors - A Game About Love] - DA Thread | DramaWiki | Jiao Di Di Torrent + Subs
2007: 櫻野3加1 [Ying Ye San Jia Yi] [Ying Ye 3 + 1]
2008: 命中注定我愛你 [Ming Zhong Zhu Ding Wo Ai Ni] [Fated To Love You]
無敵珊寶妹 [Wu Di Shan Bao Mei] [WuDi and Shan Bao Mei/Invincible Shan Bao Mei]

Discography:

She's also part of the Jungiery group 七朵花 7Flowers:

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ ... opping.jpg[/img]

2007: 櫻野3加1 [Ying Ye San Jia Yi] [Ying Ye 3 + 1] OST
2005: 王子變青蛙 [Wang Zi Bian Qing Wa] [The Prince Who Turns Into a Frog] OST
2005: 七朵花 7Flowers - 七朵花之同名專輯 [7Flowers' First Album]
2006: 愛情魔髮師 [Ai Qing Mo Fa Shi] [The Magicians of Love] OST
2006: K-One - 愛的故事 羅密歐與茱麗葉 [The Love Story of Romeo and Juliet]
2004-2007: J-Star - [Ai De Qi Ji] [Love Miracle] (1-3)
* Latest MV's (YouTube Links):
J-Star - 搖滾萬歲 [Yao Gun Wan Sui] [Long Live Rock 'n' Roll] [MV]
七朵花 7F - 棉花糖 [Mian Hua Tang] [Cotton Candy] [MV]

Hosting:

QE's had many years of hosting experience with some pretty famous guys, including Xian Ge and Cheng Cheng ge... she's really quite funny, and both those guys love her. :)

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ ... C-2006.gif[/img]
(credit for gif: JCQE of AF)

2000: 歡喜玉玲瓏 [Huan Xi Yu Ling Long]
2000: 完全娛樂 [Wan Quan Yu Le]
2001: 薰衣草日記 [Xun Yi Cao Ri Ji]
2002: 全民快打 [Quan Min Kuai Da]
2002: 娛樂短波新聞 [Yu Le Duan Bo Xin Wen] [Entertainment News]
2002: 中國那麼大 [Zhong Guo Na Me Da] [China Is So Big] (travel show)
2002: 電子情人 [Dian Zi Qing Ren] [Electric Valentine]
2003: 綜藝旗艦 [Zong Yi Qi Jian] [Ship of Entertainment]
2004: 愛情萬萬歲 [Ai Qing Wan Wan Sui] [Long Live Love]
2004: 綜藝最前線 [Zong Yi Zui Qian Xian] [Top of Entertainment: Jacky!]
2004: 完全娛樂 [Wan Quan Yu Le]
2004: 斗陣俱樂部 [Dou Zhen Ju Le Bu] [Competition Club]
2004: 少年特警隊 [Shao Nian Te Gong Dui] [Young Guns]
2004: 56 大勝利 [56 Da Sheng Li] [5566's Big Victory]
2006: 冒險奇兵 [Mao Xian Qi Bing] [Treasure Hunters]
2006: 型男大主廚 [Xing Nan Da Zhu Chu] [Manly Chefs]
* YouTube Playlist: XNDZC (tammiest)

Seriously, who can resist this girl?

She's sophisticated,
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ ... -poses.jpg[/img]

cute,
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ ... -candy.jpg[/img]
(credit for screencap: BaiDu QE Bar)

and innocent!
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ ... ocence.jpg[/img]

Not to mention her great crying and acting skills (and consistently awesome chemistry with her co-stars)]!
[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/ ... THXT01.jpg[/img]
(credit for screencap: tammiest)

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/ ... E-BJNL.jpg[/img]
(credit for screencap: tammiest)

Thanks for coming!!
Last edited by tammiest on Nov 9th, '08, 00:23, edited 3 times in total.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 11th, '07, 06:52

nice thread tammiest. :D as those who read the MV/KTV thread might know, she is also my favorite tw actress (and frequent subject of my avatars :-)). i absolutely love her with the 5566 guys (especially MengZhe and ShaoWei)...and she's been a lot of series with them. in all fairness, though, i have to say that i think her acting ability is a lot better than her singing ability. :roll

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Mar 11th, '07, 07:09

habukie wrote:nice thread tammiest. :D as those who read the MV/KTV thread might know, she is also my favorite tw actress (and frequent subject of my avatars :-)). i absolutely love her with the 5566 guys (especially MengZhe and ShaoWei)...and she's been a lot of series with them. in all fairness, though, i have to say that i think her acting ability is a lot better than her singing ability. :roll
Haha, totally agreed!

People sometimes get mad at me because I criticize her singing (when I claim to be a big QE fan)... but hey, I can't help it... the mark of a good singer, in my view, is someone who sings in tune. I like Jolin Tsai, and I know she can't sing in tune live, but 7Flowers aren't even that great on their CD's :whistling: *runs away before she gets hit*

I think she's improving, though. She totally surprised me on her compilation with K-One.

I'm currently in a ShaoEn mode, actually. I think it's because the CNY special had such great moments between them... ShaoWei even wanted to get married to her!! *sighs*

QE was caught with her supposed Australian (Caucasian) boyfriend a couple of weeks ago, though. And ShaoWei has lots of rumors with Wang LiRen.

It's just too bad...

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 11th, '07, 23:47

i don't understand why people get so mad. i'm a big QE fan, ever since i first saw her in My MVP Valentine, but that doesn't mean i think she's perfect in every way. :-) i do agree that she has improved, though. if you listen to their songs from ASQJMM to now, her voice is a lot better. and though her part is small in the K-One song, i think she does a very good job in that song. regarding 7Flowers...as a put together group they're not too bad, but their singing ability is definitely not on par with say, 5566. i think the best singer of the group is Xiao Jie, though she doesn't really get the top solos. and i agree about singing live. it always makes me cringe to hear people truly sing live. for instance, Fahrenheit...they definitely can not sing live. they get perilously off tune. and i've even heard 5566 sing badly live, though i'm pretty sure it was either MengZhe or ShaoWei, since it was the chorus. the solos by XieZhi and RenFu were top-notch, as usual. :D

QE and ShaoWei definitely have good chemistry. but i think QE has pretty good chemistry with all the 5566 guys. :lol i'm looking forward to seeing Wang Li Ren in the new ShaoWei drama, though i know they won't be together. she was very funny in ASQJMM. btw, the CNY special you're talking about, was that the one on WQYL that had them playing all those games against each other, like the one where they threw the dice and had to guess big or small?

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Mar 13th, '07, 03:26

Yeah... I don't think it's bad for people to be critical of their own idols. I think a lot of people are actually in DENIAL about their idols... I mean, I understand that things like looks and voice (for example, I may find someone's voice to be annoying, while someone else may think it's cute), acting skills even... are kind of subjective. But pitch while singing live? Lip-syncing? These are things that fans just shouldn't even DENY... because it's really not up for debate. I mean, it's not even like "plastic surgery," which you can never prove; a lot of times, lip-syncing is pretty obvious, and the singing out-of-tune... well, they just need to get out a tuning fork :whistling:

Sorry for the off-topic rant, :lol

Anyway, speaking of lip-syncing, 7Flowers always confuses me... because they sometimes sing live and sometimes lip-sync, and I can NEVER tell if I should be "impressed" with their improvement when they're singing in tune because, quite frankly, I can't be sure that they ARE singing live... you know? I think it's because I've heard them sing out of tune live so often that it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. I do wish I could tell for certain.

5566... when I first heard them on the concert DVD, I was like, "They MUST be lip-syncing" because it sounded so awesome... but then I heard ShaoWei, hahahaha... not that he was really out of tune, but you could actually hear his voice harmonizing, which you can't do quite so clearly when you listen to the CD. Hahaha. It seriously upsets me when people over at AF say that 5566 can't sing. Because, okay... I get it, you don't think they're attractive, and I don't really like all of them as actors, and I guess I can see that people don't like their hosting style... but singing!? Are you kidding? These guys are awesome :p

So, back to 5566 and QE, I was really disappointed when I heard that QE and XieZhi's rumored drama, Xia Nu Ai Da Mao, was cancelled :( I was really looking forward to it, especially after seeing some cute interaction between them on old variety shows.

I just love QE with nearly all the Jungiery guys. I'd love to see her paired up with Gino at some point (they were majorly cute together when Gino went on QE's cooking show-- and yeah, I know he's not a J-Star anymore) or any of the guys in 183Club. I've been seeing some Jacky-QE interaction lately on variety shows, and it might be a good thing for an MV or something since they both seem to get the most solos. QE-YuRong was pretty good in WZBQW (that time that DaWei went on the rooftop with TianYu), and I know they were "sort of" paired together in ASQJMM. It would be nice to see them act together again... and then of course there are the fan favorites MingEn and ShaoEn :p

^^ Another guy with potential is Tang JiaHao... he was in Mr. Fighting as the "evil brother"? I hear that he has/had a real-life crush on QE.

Also, this is just my own little fantasy, but I would LOVE to see QE work with Ryan Tang ZhiPing. He's kind of underrated as an actor and doesn't get as much attention as he deserves, but he is SO versatile, doing both serious and comedic stuff... and he's QE's age. Here's his AF thread, although I must say that he's much handsomer moving than in pictures. Trust me; he's a looker. Plus, it'd be nice to see QE expand outside the "SanLih crowd," anyway. She looked pretty good with Michael Zhang in RPS (I know you were rooting for ShaoWei, but objectively speaking, she looked good with the other guy as well)...

Man, I just tend to write essays when I'm talking about QE.

Rumor has it that she's been offered a part (maybe even the lead) in an upcoming SanLih drama!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 14th, '07, 03:48

ah yes, idol denial. it's so prevalent and pervasive that sometimes it's not even funny. it's almost like people are brain-washed into thinking that there is absolutely nothing wrong with their idols, just because they are their idols. what you mentioned about lip-synching is very true. the other example that i see a lot of here at d-a is when people refuse to admit that someone's acting is bad because they like the drama or they like the actor. i know it's subjective, but when it's just so bad that pretty much everyone notices, i don't see how others can't not notice it. my example for all of this is goong.

well like you say, 5566 is a great example, because i've never heard XieZhi or RenFu sing badly..but as for MengZhe and ShaoWei, that's another matter. :-) i can't believe people bash their singing, because there's really nothing to bash. maybe they don't like their songs, but you can't criticize their singing ability.

as for QE...the news that the QE/XieZhi drama was cancelled was sad. i really thought it'd be fun to see them together in another drama. after all, My MVP Valentine was the last time they'd acted together. but like you said, almost any of the Jungiery or past Jungiery guys would be good. i don't know about the Gino pairing, though. i guess it's because he looks so stern, but he always seems to get the "tough guy" roles. i don't know how that would match up against QE. her and Jacky...that's an interesting proposition, because i thought that they looked pretty good together in WZBQW in the limited screeen time that he had. as for YuRong, i can't say that i liked their last pairing in ASQJMM, because i was definitely rooting for MengZhe. also, frankly, i don't find YuRong to be that attractive. :D as for Tang JiaHao, i haven't seen his acting, so i don't know what to expect. and i've only seen Tang ZhiPing in Hana Kimi and in parts of Say Yes Enterprise, so i don't know how good an actor he is. i can only say that he looks a lot suaver in Say Yes Enterprise... outside the "SanLih crowd", i think she and Gao TianQi were so great together in My MVP Valentine. i still love the scenes with the two of them together and when he was afraid of her dog. :lol i don't think he's acted in anything else, though. and other than the fact that i hated Michael's facial hair and ever present bandana, i thought they were a good pairing in RPS, though like you said, i was definitely a big rooter for a ShaoEn ending. :-) and she and Walllace were pretty good together in 100% Senorita. so basically i think she could be paired with any guy and it would turn out nice. who do you think she would be best with out of the trio of Joe Cheng, Mike He and Ethan Ruan? i think she and Ethan together would make for a striking pair.

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Mar 24th, '07, 04:30

^^ Hmm, I hope we're not scaring anyone off with our long posts. If anyone new is reading this, we definitely welcome your input! Even if it's a brief "I love QE!" hahaha.

*small voice* habukie, I like-- no, love-- Goong... and I thought the acting was decent, BUT my mom didn't like Shin (I assume that's the person you're referring to?), so I've heard all of it before, haha. In my personal defense, I think my standards were kind of low going in since I am used to the overexaggerated acting of (many) Taiwanese dramas. And then if you were talking about Yoon EunHye, she's my favorite Korean actress... but actually, mainly because I love her personality off-screen... she's been through a lot. I definitely don't think she's the best Korean actress in the industry; in my limited experience, I'm pretty impressed with Park EunHye (in Silence... WOW, she was totally cute and sympathetic... I just don't see any Taiwanese actress pulling off that role so well). I also like Song HyeKyo, but I don't know if her acting range is all that wide... ?

Anyway, back to the post. I seriously worry sometimes about what people consider good music. I mean, I'm not saying that my opinion is the end-all be-all of anything, but I guess it's just mind-boggling to me how some people are so popular (as singers, not as celebrities/actors). But whatever...

Gao TianQi quit acting after MVP Qing Ren, as far as I know... I poked around on some websites before (I still haven't watched MVP Qing Ren, which is why I once upon a time was trying to figure out who he was... people were pairing him up with QE in fanfics and stuff), and they all said that he didn't really like acting or something.

Well, Wallace and QE won't be working together ever again, probably. It would be too awkward. (We're pretty sure they dated and Wallace broke QE's heart.)

But yeah, overall, I would agree with you... I feel like QE would have great chemistry with nearly everyone we threw her with! And I, also, would LOVE to see QE work with Ethan, who is definitely an "un-sung" actor himself. He's seriously quite talented and really good-looking! Also, a collaboration between them MIGHT happen because he HAS, after all, worked with SanLih (SETTV) in the past.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 24th, '07, 05:11

haha. yes, i'd love to see some more QE lovers in here. don't worry, we won't bite. :-)

mmm...i was thinking about that singing off-key thing, and i feel that it really does change my perception of a person as a singer. i have never seen Lee Hom sing off-key...he's always good. and you can usually tell he's live as he often changes the notes as he sings. of course, it probably helps that he has perfect pitch. :roll btw, they've been showing a McDonald's commercial on tv that is pretty funny. i don't know if you've seen it, but basically there's a girl in a recording singing, and it sounds good. but then the techs accidentally push some buttons, and then you hear her real voice, and it's pretty bad. then they quickly change it back... it reminds me of what we're talking about, b/c anyone can sound good on a CD if they have the right people working to make them sound good.

about pairing QE up with people, though i can understand why so many wish to see her with MD again, i think it'd be nice to see her with someone else. *cough* ethan *cough* sorry, right now i'm on a big ethan tear. i thought he did a fantastic job in Hana Kimi, and so far, he's my favorite character in Summer x Summer. as for wallace, i thought that she broke his heart? i remember reading somewhere that he made a statement that he was dating her or something and then she denied it. :scratch: i guess it was a long time ago and i may have it mixed up.

(off topic) about goong, i can't say i didn't like it. i did finish it and thought it was a pretty good drama. as for the acting...well, *don't hate me* i don't think any of the main four were particularly outstanding. YEH did a creditable job for her first major drama. JJH and KJH, well, hopefully they'll improve. :roll and while i don't particularly like to see females trying to act cute by speaking differently, i've known way too many real people who do that to pass judgement on a drama character. :-) i should also state at this point that what i like isn't really "typical" of other kdrama watchers, so anything i say should be taken with a grain of salt.

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Mar 24th, '07, 05:35

^^ Hmm, I really want to see that commercial. Is there anyway you could find it on YouTube? Hahaha... but yeah, my philosophy is... if, even after putting you in the studio, you STILL can't sing very well AND you don't write your own music (I'm more lenient with people like Evan Yo, whom I actually think-- don't kill me-- has a bad singing voice-- who obviously is a very talented songwriter), then I start worrying about you... this actually, in my opinion, includes QE, so never let it be said that I can't be critical of my idols, hahaha.

Honestly speaking, while I <3 MingEn... a LOT, I'm not too keen on them being together in real life any more (MD's rumors... too many), and I'm really just skeptical of ANY news of a collaboration between them. I just automatically think that Sun Zhong is toying with us again, and, judging from those rumors in AF... he won again :p And hey, MD gets a steady stream of work and tries out his chemistry with a bunch of other girls-- albeit, almost half of them aren't even legal :whistling: -- why can't QE be given opportunities, too? And I totally agree about Ethan! I just can't get over how good-looking he is... he also looks a little bit like MD, don't you think? (But better?... someone's going to come after me for this, I know it)

I'm pretty sure, though, that Wallace was the one who didn't admit to the relationship with QE... when I first started getting into QE, I read a bunch of stuff from angry QE fans, and I know that QE has referred to (on interview shows) that time vaguely, and she always sounds very upset. Also, I just don't see QE as the type who'd put her career before love, actually...

Back to Goong... hmm, I definitely agree that there could have been improvements in the acting, but, as I said in the previous post, I just thought they were much better than their Taiwanese counterparts, especially as newcomers (have you SEEN Lara's performance in Engagement For Love?). Also, YEH... I loved ChaeGyung, but it was really her personality off-stage that attracted me. She's kind of like QE, in a way... she may act kind of cute in Goong, but she's SO NATURAL in reality. People used to make fun of her all the time for being "fat" and "manly" because she wasn't afraid to beat the guys (soundly!) on X-Man and other variety shows... and, in the end, all the guys wound up wanting to partner with her and flirting with her, etc.
Haha, anyway... that's the story of my love for YEH.
P.S. Have you watched Silence? It wasn't clear from your post whether or not you had... if not, I actually strongly recommend it... though it gets kind of draggy at the end, the first half is REALLY, REALLY good.

Speaking of Silence, what do you think of pairing QE up with an F4 guy? I wouldn't mind seeing her work with ZaiZai... also, I kind of want her to pair up with her former idols, Takeshi Kaneshiro (*drools*) and Jimmy Lin. They're PRETTY close in age (I think it's a good age gap), AND it would be a GREAT opportunity for her to perhaps break into the ancient genre? If she could work with Jimmy Lin (maybe not even as his opposite, if that would upset people... although I doubt it... she keeps winning these "most popular actress" awards/polls in the Mainland) on an ancient drama, that would automatically guarantee her an audience.

Thoughts?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 24th, '07, 06:00

haha. i agree about evan yo, though i don't think he sings too terribly. i actually don't really like his songs. he's a great musician, though. i can't find the commercial at youtube or mcdonald's site. but i did find this at mcdonald's site: http://www.i-am-asian.com/ :blink

yes, i think MingEn shouldn't happen in real life. and i hate all the rumors about dramas...so frustrating. i won't come after you for saying that ethan looks better than MD. it's true, and they do have the same eyebrows or something that makes them slightly similar. OMG! *fangirl squeal* i would LOVE to see QE with takeshi kaneshiro. he's one of my favorites, even from back in the day... i didn't even think about that because he mainly does movies while QE does dramas. but if they could work together that would be so great.

oh...actually i haven't seen silence. i'm actually not much of a zai zai fan...i haven't even finished watching mars, either. sacrilege, i know. :D

off-topic again...i think it's hard to compare kdrama and twdrama actors. some kdrama actors may actually act on something like rainbow romance, banjun or whatever prior to being in a drama. so it's not like they're entering cold turkey. for twdrama people, a lot of times, it's just some pretty face or a singer that they think maybe could act, too. of course this doesn't apply in every case, but it's true for some. and i'll bring up Lee Hom again. he's a brilliant singer, musician and songwriter, but he's a terrible actor. sadly, i'll never get the time i spent watching China Strike Force back again. and even though he's supposedly improved for Lust, Caution, there were rumors that Ang Lee was really upset on how bad he was. btw, i do agree that YEH is not like her character in reality. she's so funny on clips that i've watched of her on x-man. it's no wonder that lee min ki and kim jong kook were fighting for her on one episode's dangyunhaji. :-)

inochi

Post by inochi » Mar 30th, '07, 02:08

here's someone with a short reply! ^^ i just started watching a couple dramas recently that has Qiao En in them and that was when she started catching my interest because she's quite good at acting. it was really interesting reading what you guys had to write, though! because i'm so new to the 'scene' i dont really know what rumors there were or who dated who or any of that stuff. feel free to gossip so i can catch up on all the news =p

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Mar 30th, '07, 03:04

Shes Cool.
Wah.
You guys write alot : )

Amplified

Post by Amplified » Apr 1st, '07, 23:17

YAY, finally a Qiao En thread :cheers: I've been reading everybody's posts (or should I call them essays?) for some time now and just decided to join in. I really heart MingEn and ShaoEn but as of now, my Qiao En dream couple has to be JR. I know JR is indeed younger then Qiao En but I really think they have good chemistry (though she has chemistry with all [and I mean ALL] her costars) For example, for anyone who's watched the K One special, it was nice to see them like that and through the limited screen time they have together, you can really see the friendship, even in the earlier days (

As for MingEn, I'm a huge fangirl and I must admit that I adore Qiao En and tend to side with her when it comes to this couple. When it comes to Ming Dao, sometimes I find it incredibly hard to blieve him, his actions and words are so hard to decode. One moment, I see that he absolutely adores this girl and the next moment, everything seems like an act. What with the concert kiss and then going on Jacky Wu :goggle:

Back on topic? I just realized that Qiao En only has one series every year, starting with 2000 but each year she becomes better and better. Before reading the profile, I never knew she had a dog? I remember she wanted to steal the dog off the set of RPS but her bag was too small :P

amtrp1990

Post by amtrp1990 » Apr 4th, '07, 06:01

Happy Birthday !!! Joe Chen
Happy on your 28th birthday. You look so young!

I like her so much . I knew her from 100 % Senorita . She look match with Deric Wan. I love both of them.
Attachments
twins-42.jpg
twins-42.jpg (55.52 KiB) Viewed 7447 times

Sia

Post by Sia » Apr 29th, '07, 02:48

Yeah... I just discovered her in Rock Paper Scissors- A Game About love... She is a pretty good actress.... Can't wait to see her in other Dramas!!!

tammiest

A Whole Slew of News

Post by tammiest » May 30th, '07, 02:58

Sorry; guys! I've been neglecting d-addicts because of my graduation, :unsure:

Anyway, I'm back with a WHOLE lot of news about QE.

First, check out this SCANDALOUS, but BEAUTIFUL cover that QE did for CTW!
:goggle: , right?

There has also been considerable news about QE and her Australian boyfriend, Michael. Not really many DETAILS that I would trust, per se, but he has been mentioned in numerous reports, by her fellow J-Stars, etc. For example, a recent article said that Ming Dao and Michael are the only two men who understand her! :blink

There's been a format change to QE's cooking show (if you've never seen it, I have a very modest YouTube Playlist here... older episodes only. It's now an hour long, as opposed to a mere half-hour; WQYL has been cut instead. I'm unsure of the new format... as I have yet to watch it... :cry:

And lastly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, QE's NEW DRAMA WITH MING DAO, 櫻野三加一 [Ying Ye San Jia Yi], has already begun filming!! Ahhh!!
Here are some relevant websites... check them outtt: SETTV Forum, AsianFanatics Thread
Some awesome users over at AF have translated the plot synopsis, as well as character profiles... I didn't want to take their hard work away from them, so please just check it out there!

From left to right: 黃志瑋 Jerry Huang ZhiWei (as 方威 FangWei), 陳喬恩 Joe Chen QiaoEn (as 夏天 XiaTian), 明道 Ming Dao (as 阿將 AhJiang), and 許孟哲 Jason Hsu MengZhe (as BULU)

Promo Pic (courtesy of Baidu's MingEn Bar):

Behind-the-Scenes Video and an ADORABLE fan-taken picture (courtesy of dienanh.net):

Comment... now!!

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 30th, '07, 03:03

i can't wait for this drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope it won't disappoint like rps did! i was so anticipating shaoen collaboration will be great! but the drama sucked.... their chemistry is still great though! hope they'll be given a chance to collaborate again!

but now yea! mingen drama! :wub: :wub:

july is a good month ne! lots of dramas to watch out for!

they still look so cute!!!

not loving the hair on mingdao though... :unsure:

tammiest

Post by tammiest » May 30th, '07, 03:17

:D Hooray for someone replying to me so quickly! Welcome to our QE-love-thread :)

^^ MD's hair during the press conference and in the promo pic is not ideal, no. But I'm kind of liking the length in the Behind-the-Scenes, so hopefully it will be that way throughout the drama.

I know what you mean about RPS... I still loved me some ShaoEn (chemistry... they have a lot of), and I did enjoy the drama... but it wasn't as deep as it pretended or wanted to be. That's what happens when you bang a drama out of a short story, I guess. It was also kind of slow in some senses, but too fast in others.

I'm in love with QE's new hairstyle. She looks so cute and young, yeah? I'm so glad that she grit her teeth and dealt with her fear of heights-- even the newspapers were reporting that "Princess" QiaoEn has changed and become more mature... they reported that MengZhe (who has worked with her three times previously) and some SETTV workers were all surprised... she got upset much less and calmed down much more quickly. Yay!

For those of you who don't know Jerry Huang ZhiWei, he was the main lead of the 2003 Taiwanese drama The Rose, which also starred Ella and Joe Cheng YuanChang. He looks AMAZING in these promo pics! He's soo tall. I'm definitely looking forward to his chemistry with QE... hope it won't disappoint me!!

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 30th, '07, 03:25

haha! yeah rps is :| but i'm glad they decided to let qiao en star in a new drama again. she is so underrated sometimes. they don't give her much exposure which is kinda unfair coz her acting is totally great! love her in ptf!

i'm kinda not feeling jerry huang. maybe coz i haven't seen him in anything hehe! but i hope their chemistry will be great too! mengzhe i have no doubt of their chemistry but i don't think he's part of the love triangle/square? hehe!

but what i'm hoping for is mingen chemistry! i hope they wow as all like they did in ptf! :wub: :wub: one of the best dramas!

ah yes, qe definitely looks young! i think she really looks young for her age! and i like her natural charm! :lol

i read about her change too! but is it true she's got a boyfirend? awww...wanted her and md or shao wei hahaha! XD

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » May 30th, '07, 03:45

wahhhh! i can't wait for QiaoEn and Ming Dao's new drama!!! they were so good together in Prince Turns to Frog! <3

looking at the picture above w/ the cast... is that Jerry Huang from The Rose?
she always has good looking guys as castmates^-^

tammiest

Post by tammiest » May 30th, '07, 04:28

Yay! More QE fans! Welcome, welcome to the thread!
dmaechan wrote: looking at the picture above w/ the cast... is that Jerry Huang from The Rose?
she always has good looking guys as castmates^-^
Yup, he's from The Rose. I'm excited to see a non-J-Star in the cast, to be honest, :x :x

yamapinku-rabu, I agree about QE being under-exposed! I mean, it's true that she gets the most exposure out of 7Flowers, but it's NOTHING when compared to other popular Taiwanese actresses-- I mean, look at all the work Ariel Lin and Rainie Yang get (NOT to say that I don't like them, too... but QE definitely deserves more than she gets!)

As to Jerry's acting, it wasn't THAT awesome in The Rose, but it may just be that he paled in comparison to the brilliance of Joe Cheng, haha. That was four years ago, though, and I've heard good things about him since then, so... anyway, I have a thing for tall, cool-looking guys. :)

I have to keep pinching myself... that another MingEn collaboration is REALLY HAPPENING! So excited!

... and yeah, I think she's really with the Australian. He bought her a Wii for her birthday! :) I also wanted her to be with ShaoWei, :x

More pictures, this time courtesy of dienanh.net and the Baidu MingEn Bar:
* Remember that this is of the scene in the YouTube link... and QE is scared of heights!

QE is READY!

Aww, poor QE... so scared...

The guys look on anxiously... so concerned for our dear QE. (Check out Jerry's profile... I'm a profile kind of girl, so I like him :p)

She wound up enjoying herself! Look at her cute expression of exhilaration! Haha...

More comments!

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 30th, '07, 04:39

haha i agree on you that she deserves more than the two of them... :P

yes, it's really unbelievable that they are truly going to be in a drama again!!! if inoue mao and matsumoto jun gets to have a drama again this year, i can die happy hahah! okay i'm exaggerating haha!

shaowei isn't doing anything that's why qe got away. :-( haha!

i was always rooting for qe! i like that she gets along well with the boys but it doesn't coem out as being flirty or anything she's just like that! :lol

tammiest

Post by tammiest » May 30th, '07, 04:48

MingEn is SUCH a surprise to me, to be honest. It seemed that a lot of QE's rumored dramas were being canceled... and during a press conference half a year ago, Sun Zhong SAID they (MingEn) would collaborate again on Ming Dao's next project, but that wasn't true... we were really disappointed... but Ying Ye 3 + 1 is definitely a pleasant surprise!
yamapinku-rabu wrote: i was always rooting for qe! i like that she gets along well with the boys but it doesn't coem out as being flirty or anything she's just like that! :lol
I know what you mean... she's just very natural. And the guys were really mean to her for a long time, anyway... so it'd just be weird if she tried to flirt with them!
I take it you've seen the ShaoEn interaction in the WQYL Chinese New Year Special? So cute that they (the other J-Stars) were even teasing them and telling them to get married!!
*sighs* Silly ShaoWei. Should have taken the opportunity...

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » May 30th, '07, 04:50

thanks for the pictures! i peeked at the thread over at asianfanatics...14 pages already...don't have the patience to go through each page...but do love the pics!

personally i like qiaoen w/ mingdao rather than shaowei... those 2 just won me over after watching Prince Frog... although i've seen pics of sam and QE together where they're so cute >.<

i'm not much of a fan of Jerry Huang's acting either... but he sure is nice to look at ^___^ (i was so mad after watching the rose and how joe lost ella to him though -_-)

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 30th, '07, 04:57

shoot! i forgot about that! i had the link on the cny specials but i forgot to watch! i just saw some cute gifs of it! XD they are so cute!! shaowei you idiot! hahaha!

yeah i think it took lots of people by surprise coz i was losing hope they'd collaborate again in the near future! and now we have this! haha! :lol but one of her cancelled dramas had sun xie zhi in it. i was hoping to see them as leads too! qiao en can pair up with anybody i have observed :lol

sun zhong doesn't seem to want to expose qiao en much! he lawyas exposes the guys! :cry:

wait mean to her? stupid guys... haha! XD

tammiest

Post by tammiest » May 30th, '07, 05:04

dmaechan wrote:thanks for the pictures! i peeked at the thread over at asianfanatics...14 pages already...don't have the patience to go through each page...but do love the pics!
All of the most relevant information (plot synopsis, character profiles, etc.) is actually all compiled nicely in the first post of the AF-thread. So you don't REALLY have to look through all the pages! :)

I used to be very MingEn in real life, too... but I'm a QE-fan more than a MD-fan (which is strange... I totally fell in love with MD in his role as JunHao/Dang-Oh), so I dunno... I'm pretty defensive of her... even against MD. But MingEn is definitely still my favorite ON-SCREEN couple. Wow! Chemistry like no other, in my opinion! And... even though I've been more ShaoEn lately (they're so natural with each other in real life), MD's being terribly sweet and attentive to QE lately, if these clips and pictures are any indication. It certainly seems like the magic hasn't gone away :D

yamapinku-rabu, yeah... I've also noticed that QE seems to match well with ALL the guys!... and was also looking forward to the XieZhi-QE pairing... did you know that, supposedly, XieZhi wanted QE to act as YL in Mr. Fighting (this was before YanYan was cast, so Sweety fans, don't get upset), but she was snapped up for WZBQW instead? And then the Xia Nu Ai Da Mao catastrophe... *sighs* I just want to see Prince and Barbie together! *referring to MVP Qing Ren*

And yeah, if you're a ShaoEn fan, the WQYL CNY Special is a MUST. GO WATCH IT!! LOL.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 30th, '07, 05:34

i hope it's still up in youtube haha! i better watch it soon XD i love them in real life haha!

i have in my mind that md's sorta the player type so i could be wrong haha! so for me shao wei and qe in real life comes more naturally! :lol

but i admit when md looks at qe it makes you wanna melt :roll

but onscreen i like both! i enjoy watching them both! i myself is more concerned about qe than sw or md! haha! i tend to watch her dramas more! and now that i hear shaowei's paring up with qiao qiao i'm like... eeeeeh.... :roll

i wish they would have a collaboration too xie zhi and qiao en haha! i didn't watch mvp qing ren but i think i've seen one of their scenes and i instantly saw chemistry there. so yeah. maybe in the near future! someone should whack sun zhong in the head! he's not seeing the potential! XD

ISWAKrocks

Post by ISWAKrocks » May 31st, '07, 02:32

YEY YEY YEY YEY, Qiao En and Ming Dao are doing another drama together, YEY YEY, dis has just made my day, can't wait. :P

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » May 31st, '07, 04:30

hey tammiest, good to see you back. and congratulations on your graduation. hope everything went well.

i haven't been around AF much, so i didn't realize that Huang Zhi Wei was the third lead. in a way, i'm disappointed, because i was rooting for JR. however, you're right that it's good to see a non J-Star in the role (though i really wanted Ethan :roll). i'm not sure how i feel about Huang Zhi Wei. i thought he was passable in The Rose. however, couldn't stand him in My Puppy Lover (or maybe it was the show, i don't know...).

the pictures of QiaoEn from the link you posted above are absolutely beautiful. it's just sad they covered part of her up in big words about Wang Li Ren, which is kinda funny since she's ShaoWei's ex. and then further down there are some really nice ShaoEn pictures. i'm much more of a ShaoEn fan than a MingEn fan. so actually having MingEn in two dramas makes it possible that perhaps there'll be a second ShaoEn drama. *crosses fingers* and tammiest, maybe your wish for a XieZhi-QiaoEn drama will come true as well. though that previous debacle is still very much on our minds, there's still hope for the future, right? :-) i have to admit, though, i wasn't a big Prince/Barbie fan. Barbie and Gao Xing were just too cute a couple. :D but QiaoEn does have amazing chemistry with all the 5566 guys. so looking forward to something with her and XieZhi or RenFu even...

aznstarlu

Post by aznstarlu » Jun 4th, '07, 05:19

whhhaaaa!
i CANT WAIT for the drama to come out!
(hi everyone!)
lol

you think someone is gonna sub it if i may ask?
=X

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Jul 16th, '07, 03:36

A couple of friends over at AF have kindly subbed and uploaded a few previews for YY3+1 to YouTube. Check them out!!

Promo 01 (minivicki)
Preview 01 (minivicki)
Preview 02 (JCQE)
habukie wrote: i haven't been around AF much, so i didn't realize that Huang Zhi Wei was the third lead. in a way, i'm disappointed, because i was rooting for JR. however, you're right that it's good to see a non J-Star in the role (though i really wanted Ethan :roll). i'm not sure how i feel about Huang Zhi Wei. i thought he was passable in The Rose. however, couldn't stand him in My Puppy Lover (or maybe it was the show, i don't know...).
Huang ZhiWei (Jerry) has gained weight, too, so he's not as good-looking as he was in The Rose. But I agree that his acting seemed a little weak (although not TERRIBLE), particularly next to Ella and Joe Cheng YuanChang. I haven't seen anything else by him.
habukie wrote: the pictures of QiaoEn from the link you posted above are absolutely beautiful. it's just sad they covered part of her up in big words about Wang Li Ren, which is kinda funny since she's ShaoWei's ex. and then further down there are some really nice ShaoEn pictures. i'm much more of a ShaoEn fan than a MingEn fan. so actually having MingEn in two dramas makes it possible that perhaps there'll be a second ShaoEn drama. *crosses fingers* and tammiest, maybe your wish for a XieZhi-QiaoEn drama will come true as well. though that previous debacle is still very much on our minds, there's still hope for the future, right? :-) i have to admit, though, i wasn't a big Prince/Barbie fan. Barbie and Gao Xing were just too cute a couple. :D but QiaoEn does have amazing chemistry with all the 5566 guys. so looking forward to something with her and XieZhi or RenFu even...
QiaoEn has great chemistry with EVERYONE, I think. I can't think of anyone that I wouldn't like to see her paired up with... I would definitely love to see another ShaoEn collaboration! (I'm more a "real life" ShaoEn fan than a "real life" MingEn fan... although, in terms of dramas, I prefer MingEn, I think)-- but I'm still holding out hope for QiaoEn to pair up with some new guys, too...

And yeah, I still feel cheated *referring to XieZhi-QiaoEn cancellation*

lovely183

Joe Chen QiaoEn

Post by lovely183 » Aug 4th, '07, 05:06

Me i like Joe Chen Qiaoen cause she is a good taiwanese actress...She know how to act very good...... :roll 8) :-)

haywon

Post by haywon » Aug 7th, '07, 09:46

i like chen qiao en aswell, shes really good at acting especially as her character tian yau in prince turn into frog, that was really superb acting there. Also on the intro about her on page 1, you know when you put the languages she spoke, when you wrote (some) did you mean she could speak some hakka or taiwanese? sorry just wondering. :roll

ilovesjs

Post by ilovesjs » Aug 7th, '07, 09:53

could some1 plz send me the ost !!
if u have it please send it to manu_crazy@hotmail.co.uk
much thnx!!

haywon

Post by haywon » Aug 9th, '07, 12:04

yeah i was wondering where you could get the OST aswell

minivicki

Post by minivicki » Aug 18th, '07, 15:24

haywon wrote:i like chen qiao en aswell, shes really good at acting especially as her character tian yau in prince turn into frog, that was really superb acting there. Also on the intro about her on page 1, you know when you put the languages she spoke, when you wrote (some) did you mean she could speak some hakka or taiwanese? sorry just wondering. :roll
I think it's just that QE can understand that language. She went on WQYL to promote YY3+1 that day and it seems like her taiwanese isn't good at all. She said that she can understand but can't really speak it.

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Aug 18th, '07, 15:48

minivicki wrote:
haywon wrote:i like chen qiao en aswell, shes really good at acting especially as her character tian yau in prince turn into frog, that was really superb acting there. Also on the intro about her on page 1, you know when you put the languages she spoke, when you wrote (some) did you mean she could speak some hakka or taiwanese? sorry just wondering. :roll
I think it's just that QE can understand that language. She went on WQYL to promote YY3+1 that day and it seems like her taiwanese isn't good at all. She said that she can understand but can't really speak it.
Yeah... her spoken Taiwanese (Minnan or Hokkien) is limited, but she can definitely understand it...

Hakka... supposedly she is fluent in that; she is a "ke jia ren" (Hakka) herself. However, since I don't understand Hakka, I wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not it's accurate.

haywon

Post by haywon » Aug 24th, '07, 10:26

ooh i'm hakka i can understand most hakka just some not very good.

tammiest

Fated To Love You

Post by tammiest » Feb 7th, '08, 15:50

Hiii, guys!! I am finally back :cry:

I have some awesome news for you guys... and habukie in particular!!

Chen QiaoEn and Ethan Ruan are starring in a drama together... to be aired after Bull Fighting!! :wub:

A dream couple!!

Anyway, it's going to be called 命中注定我愛你/Fated To Love You. The plotline is super-special... QE and Ethan are going to have a one-night stand... and she's going to wind up pregnant!! For more information please see the AsianFanatics Thread. Some pretty awesome people (minivicki and meosles have translated a bunch of articles, and a lot of the important information is already in the first post ;)

I might start a thread for discussion at d-addicts...

But I am sooo excited!

t_yorkie

Post by t_yorkie » Apr 19th, '08, 05:37

yay a topic on Qiao En i agree w/ all da things u put on its totally true especially w/ ming dao(they hav great chemistry frm prince turn to a frog) n her new dram FTLY is da bomb cant wait until new ep comes out anyways Qiao En is da best

helianemaine22

Post by helianemaine22 » Nov 5th, '08, 09:15

there wil be a 3rd collaboration of mingen team up im so excited about it

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 15th, '09, 12:55

like her ^^