[CDrama] Tian Xia Di Yi (2004)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

[CDrama] Tian Xia Di Yi (2004)

Post by Kai Lien » Dec 8th, '04, 21:42

Anyone heard of this series yet? Tian Xia Di Yi. Need more info. :lol They finished filming earlier this year. I almost forgot about it until I overheard my dad saying it was on sale the other day. Dunno if its really out yet. Anyways, it has 35 episodes. It's one of those gu zwang, wu xia series, as if you couldn't tell. :P The cast includes: Li Ya Peng, Huo Jian Hua, Gao Yuan Yuan, Roger Kwok, Michelle Yip, Tammy Chen Yi Rong, Zhou Shun Yi and Damian Lau. I can't find much on it...even Wallace's official website took down the pics for this drama! :crazy: Doesn't it seem extremely great? :w00t: Here are some pics and a website.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/txdy/index.html

Click on the thumbnails for larger view.

ImageImage
ImageImage

That last pic of Li ya peng is nice. Reminds me of him in she diao ying xiong zuan. :)
Last edited by Kai Lien on Dec 9th, '04, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Dec 8th, '04, 21:55

o man wallace and michelle yip lolz and roger and GYY looks like a good cast yah i dont like tammy chen wasnt she in lavender too? i hear dicky is in it too...the english title is Worlds Finest ...another anticipaed one to b dubbed lolz

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Dec 8th, '04, 21:59

Yeah, Tammy is the lavender and starry starry night girl. I heard something about Dicky being in it too...although not a big fan of his. Can't wait to see Wallace in an ancient series. :wub:

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Dec 8th, '04, 23:35

Yes, really looking foward to this one! Heard it's coming out in the Spring, but who knows. I love the entire cast. I saw some behind the scenes before and Chen Yi Rong & Roger are pairing up--very cute. She's going to play a mischievous role so that's something different.

Sina's gallery: http://ent.sina.com.cn/download/photo/txdy.html

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 6th, '05, 01:35

Bring this back up because I just found these clips and wanted to see if anyone else finds this interesting. I heard from a thread at spcnet that its supposed to be airing in China in feb. :w00t: Supposedly this is the opening and ending.

http://chan_laser.spymac.net/22293640.wmv
http://chan_laser.spymac.net/tianxia_end.wmv

The end clip is one of Wallace's better songs called Your #1/Ni de di yi...how appropriate. :lol

lilyella

Post by lilyella » Jan 10th, '05, 16:14

i'm going to be able to watch this series. one of the cable channels here is going to show it though no date has been set. i've seen the teasers though. i am so excited to see this one since i miss seeing Wallace act on a series since 100% Senorita.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 11th, '05, 00:15

How lucky. I hope it comes here soon. Do you happen to know what tv company its going to be on? Anyways, when you get to watch it, be sure to tell us all about it! :P I just hope Wallace will have a fair amount of scenes. :D

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Jan 11th, '05, 00:47

is this a mandarin or cantonese series ?

cococrust
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cococrust » Jan 11th, '05, 01:00

DarReNz wrote:is this a mandarin or cantonese series ?
It's a CN production, so it would be mandarin. Though if any of the HK media companies (TVB or ATV) bought the airing right of this show, they will be cantonese-dubbed.

lilyella

Post by lilyella » Jan 11th, '05, 01:36

Kai Lien wrote:How lucky. I hope it comes here soon. Do you happen to know what tv company its going to be on? Anyways, when you get to watch it, be sure to tell us all about it! :P I just hope Wallace will have a fair amount of scenes. :D
ok. i will tell you about it. no date has been said on the teasers or i probably did not notice them since it was so fast. it's going to be shown on CTS, a Taiwanese channel.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 12th, '05, 00:14

CTS I don't have that channel here. Oh well. I was having a horrible day yesterday. :cry: I also wanted to look at the hot guys thread but it seems to have dissapeared! Sigh, this part of the forum seems to be neglected. But.. I found something that made me feel much better. Look.

Isn't it beautiful? :lol Especially since Wallace's picture is the biggest. :D His name is 2nd! Or am I supposed to read it from right to left? :lol

chinkyangel

Post by chinkyangel » Jan 25th, '05, 13:57

i just downloaded the first part of this drama....watched the first ep...i'm already hooked! damn hot fighters :wub:

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 25th, '05, 14:10

Is it just me, or does the gal on the very right look like a younger Michelle Yeoh?

karenly

Post by karenly » Jan 29th, '05, 18:42

does anyone know the storyline for this series?.... and is wallace :wub: going to be the main guy?..

lilyella

Post by lilyella » Jan 30th, '05, 01:57

the vcds are already out in my country (well, in Chinatown). just saw the posters and vcds when i was out with my friends yesterday. they were even watching it one of the shops i visited. i decided not to buy it yet since i wanted to see how the rest of the series goes along.

by the way, it will premiere on CTS on February 14 so it's like a Valentine's Day gift to all the Wallace fans out there!

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Jan 30th, '05, 03:19

BT-Slut wrote:Image

Is it just me, or does the gal on the very right look like a younger Michelle Yeoh?
Hmmm, me thinks it's just you, BT... after a couple rounds of drinks :whistling: ... but all kidding aside, the girl's name is Michelle though :blink ... Michelle Yip.

Mikewho19

Post by Mikewho19 » Jan 31st, '05, 04:56

does anyone own this series in VCD OR DVD? jus curious...

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jan 31st, '05, 05:05

BT-Slut wrote:
it's not just u, at 1st glance, i thought she was Michelle Yeoh also! :blink

teddles

Post by teddles » Feb 1st, '05, 08:35

here is a link for the bit torrent of a few episodes of the series....

it's in mandarin......

http://image.xbt.com.cn/torrent/200501/ ... 18.torrent

yergie

Post by yergie » Feb 1st, '05, 21:52

too bad there's no english sub..
wallace is soo hot...hehe. :w00t:

dreamergal

tammy

Post by dreamergal » Mar 20th, '05, 09:04

tammy's acting improve alot in this show

Demon

Tian Xia Di Yi torrent?

Post by Demon » Mar 22nd, '05, 09:54

Does anyone have this series Tian Xia Di Yi or Number one in the World or World's Finest Swordsmen? It looks good with a strong cast. And i heard it had high ratings? So does anyone have this series or know a site to download it with english subs.

aznmikelee

Post by aznmikelee » Mar 23rd, '05, 04:41

I remember it being a cctv release right? If so, there's prolly no eng subs =(. I'll try to look tho =)

carinah

Post by carinah » Mar 26th, '05, 19:36

yah! i'm interested in this series too! let me know if anyone has it??

THANKS

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Apr 1st, '05, 12:35

getting the dvd set soon.. yay me!

:P

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Apr 1st, '05, 12:57

Yay you! I have it too. Wallace Huo is so hot! :wub: XD But everything else is...not. :O I tried to finish where I left off but I couldn't...it's the tammy & roger story...kind of a bore. I should really skip their story but I don't want to miss anything with Wallace...or Gao Yuan Yuan for that matter. :D I will resume tomorrow and see. 8)

Oh and I did see a torrent file for it in the thread I made awhile back...maybe I should merge this topic then...

yo_wazzup41

Post by yo_wazzup41 » Apr 10th, '05, 08:44

teddles wrote:here is a link for the bit torrent of a few episodes of the series....

it's in mandarin......

http://image.xbt.com.cn/torrent/200501/ ... 18.torrent
i wudl like to ask,where did u get this?can u give me the site?cox i really wanna watch it
can u give the rest of the ep to me?thx a lot :D

gurl_abc

Post by gurl_abc » Apr 14th, '05, 20:36

you can download it at btchina@net. but in 天下第一 in the search box. then wait and it will give you a list of torrent.

yo_wazzup41

Post by yo_wazzup41 » Apr 16th, '05, 05:45

thx gurl_abc :D [/quote]

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Apr 18th, '05, 19:19

just wondering, does anyone have any english subtitles for this. i really want to watch this series but i don't understand mandarin. also, i dont' really wanna wait till the cantonese version comes out

littlesky

Post by littlesky » Apr 20th, '05, 14:15

omg! Iove this series..ow or should i say wm..(very cute couple).. :wub: :wub: :wub: :mrgreen:
but i don't think this series will come up with english subs..it's rare for mainland dramas..

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Apr 20th, '05, 19:32

awww, no subs....alright, i guess i'll wait till the cantonese version comes out then

ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ay_link » Apr 20th, '05, 19:46

I'm currently watching this series too..... :D :D
it started a bit slow... but somewhat the story progresses towards the end...

Wallace is so daymmm cuteeee :wub:

me!!!

Post by me!!! » Apr 25th, '05, 04:06

you can also find the bt links in acf.They have the full 40 episodes in realmedia. But you gotta suscribe to the yahoo grp 1st to access the bt.
http://www.acfmovies.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=23051

cococrust
Fansubber
Fansubber

Tian Xia Di Yi / World';s Finest

Post by cococrust » May 12th, '05, 05:38

Hey all

The above series started airing on KSCI (Ch 18 ) in So-CAL yesterday with eng subs. I am wondering if anyone has captured this series and is going to release it here? I for one would love it being released here since it already has eng hard subs. If it't not, I might capture it starting tomorrow.
Last edited by cococrust on May 12th, '05, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.

BabyTurtle

Post by BabyTurtle » May 12th, '05, 05:43

it's such an awsome series *still crying over it*

love-at_Dolphin_Bay

Hi

Post by love-at_Dolphin_Bay » May 12th, '05, 08:15

Hi, I am a new comer here, I am interested in these series also, anyone has it, please share with me.

Thanks

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » May 12th, '05, 22:57

I have been capturing it. Thinking about doing a dvd rip & soft subs but it might be awhile. Unless people want to volunteer to time? :P I think I'm going on vacation in the middle of June so it would be cool if some one could capture the rest when I'm gone.

For the record, I thought the series was kinda boring. I pushed myself to watch the first 12 eps I haven't had the urge to finish the rest. :sweat: Haven't seen much of Wallace yet. :roll

love-at_Dolphin_Bay

Thanks

Post by love-at_Dolphin_Bay » May 13th, '05, 01:33

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I am quite a new comer here, I don't know well how to download. Whenever U post it, please kindly advise me. thanks

elsonlam1

Post by elsonlam1 » May 13th, '05, 05:37

kai lien
is your avatar from a series?
that guy look cool (I am a guy btw, I just thought he look cool)

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » May 13th, '05, 05:57

that's from Return of the Condor Heros?
correct me if i'm wrong.
it's set to be released in 2006

anyways. i would love to help soft subbing.
but never done it before.

wwp8

Post by wwp8 » May 24th, '05, 18:39

will there ever be a cantonese version???

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » Jun 8th, '05, 04:29

Ooh, I finally got around to watching it; though I missed the first episode. :glare: I just saw the second episode, and it didn't really appeal to me.. :unsure:

Hmm, when does Wallace come out, lol? :P

/I seem to really like to bump up old threads nowadays :O

naruto02

Post by naruto02 » Jun 22nd, '05, 05:40

i dunno about this series, but i heard it's really good. do they have the cantonese version on here?? i really wanna see it... can anyone tell me if they have it out on the net plz? thx^^

Gny

Post by Gny » Jun 22nd, '05, 05:42

I don't think they have it in Cantonese yet. Guess we'll have to stick to reading captions for now (it's airing in the Bay Area)

polarpooh17

Post by polarpooh17 » Jun 27th, '05, 19:54

Please release that series. I've been loooking for individual episodes of that series everywhere. I am really enjoying watching it, but unfortunately I did not watch 2/3 of entire series. Thanks

love-at_Dolphin_Bay

Post by love-at_Dolphin_Bay » Jun 28th, '05, 01:18

I am now watching it at nights, but can't find it interesting, it takes so long time, but Wallace Huo just apprears 1-2 times/episode !

Gny

Post by Gny » Jun 29th, '05, 20:06

I like it (Wallace is hot :wub: ) Maybe you just have to start from the beginning. Michelle and Wallace are cute together. (Im also watching Wallace in At the Dolphin Bay, but there arent any seeders for episodes 17-18, 21-22, and 23-24 :cry: )

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Jun 30th, '05, 03:26

I watched this series quite a while ago and found it to be just so-so. The beginning started off pretty slow but after a few episodes, things would move a little faster. Wallace didn't have much screentime until much much later into the series. If you're his fan, you've got to be patient. Btw, one of the girls in there looks a lot like Liu Yi Fei, I even thought it was her at first :lol .

godfish

Post by godfish » Aug 6th, '05, 17:42

This serie is great i saw like the start only and i want to watch the whole serie but its all sold out... so hmm can anyone post the link of all the torrents of tian xia di yi... cuz i dunno how to read chinese >_<' and its all written in chinese :( or maybe anyone upload it... in D-addicts ^-^

thank you very much !

princess98

Post by princess98 » Aug 6th, '05, 18:54

wallace is soo hot in this series. :)

empressxia

Post by empressxia » Aug 10th, '05, 06:34

I bought the DVDs from Ebay. It's one of the best wu xia series I've ever seen. Wallace is so hot!!

jixi

Post by jixi » Aug 10th, '05, 10:21

strong cast, sloppy plot, a bit of a drag at some point, made me stopped in leave it at a corner of comp for a month. then when i finally finish watching it, i nearly :blink kicked my comp! stupid ending! :crazy: i guess by this time, we all know this series is not interesting enough to be aired in canto. only watched it cuz of the cast, but they killed it at the end, i was watching it 4 dicky, and michelle- i could give a damn for roger, dunno wallace, don't care much 4 tammy :shrugs:

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 10th, '05, 17:19

this was just recently aired on KSCI LA 18, and my mom and i both watched it. it is really good, i enjoyed it A LOT. plus, there were some funny parts, too :lol

i recommend this to anyone who likes to watch action, drama, and a bit of comedy.

Sangwoo-oppa

Post by Sangwoo-oppa » Aug 13th, '05, 17:48

I totally ADORED this series. I think that it's such a good, well-paced and addicting series. The acting's supberb: everyone really can act and emote in here, which is so rare in a martial arts series. I think Roger and Tammy's acting is the most convincing and humorous. They're my fave couple. And WOAH MICHELLE YE can act!! She's absolutely amazing in here and so pretty too. I'd recommend this series to anyone!! Two thumbs up!!! ^o^

koreth

Post by koreth » Aug 14th, '05, 08:30

I loved this series too -- started watching about halfway through when it was airing on KTSF. They aired it with English subs. I wrote and asked whether I could get the episodes I'd missed, and they said they and a second station had paid to have the subs done, but their distributor didn't think there was enough of a market to be worth putting the English-subbed version out on DVD.

Since it doesn't seem like the existing English-subbed version will ever get released, I'm hoping some enterprising fan does English subtitles for this show so I can watch the parts I missed. If an official DVD release with English subs existed, I'd buy it!

oceanic

Post by oceanic » Jun 20th, '06, 13:47

:pale: totally edited my previous 2 edits!
***Some hints of spoiler in post. It's going to be as vague as possible.

Just finished the serie a few days ago.
:mrgreen: Now I know why it's a good serie.
I actually paid attention and watched episode by episode while catching it second time round! :lol
So, definitely give it a go.
Dont give up after the first few inital episodes, as it does kick off a little ssslllooowww..

The plot was good. It kept the story going.
There's the wuxia fights, love relationship, family/friend ties and humour.
Li Ya Peng's flashback did annoyed me a bit as some was quite repetitive, but overrall, it can be overlooked.
The plot focuses on one character after another and back. Transition was made smoothly and effortlessly.
Some of the method(s) used were funny. It does incorporate some modern days stuff. Cant explain it well here. The "matrix" style, I find hilarious!

It's been some time since I wanted a happy ending for a couple. And, it didnt happen here... :cry: :cry:

The actors were fabulous. Not very sure about Li Ya Peng though.
Just felt weird especially when the camera zooms in to his face.
Michelle Yip is very good. This is my second exposure to her.
She's very cute when disguising as the eunuch and with Wan San Qian at the village. :wub:
I wonder why doesnt they let her speak Mandarin instead of Cantonese as her pronounciation is very good!
Kai Lien wrote: Look.
[img]http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/h/2005- ... 224303.jpg[/img]

Isn't it beautiful? :lol Especially since Wallace's picture is the biggest. :D His name is 2nd! Or am I supposed to read it from right to left? :lol
The poster's a trick!
Even when I read about Dicky's name... I thought he's a major part.
No. He's only a minor. It's very minor. :P
Last edited by oceanic on Sep 8th, '06, 22:43, edited 3 times in total.

x1monicaaa

Post by x1monicaaa » Jul 16th, '06, 15:01

this series is pretty goood. i like the pairing with michelle and wallace. they look so cute together. this series was the first series i've seen wallce in, and i grew addicted to him! well i dont like Li Ya Peng though..just dont like him for some reason =/

TheChungedOne

Tian xia di yi... will there be a Cantonese version?

Post by TheChungedOne » Aug 26th, '06, 19:27

Does anyone know if "Tian xia di yi" (aka Hero / Number One in the World / World's Finest) will be out with a Cantonese version?

There are few hk (tvb) actors in it afterall...

Its a martial art series taken place in Ming Dynasty... I don't really know anything about this series but my bro's friends said it was good so... just wondering if theres a Cantonese version out?

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Dec 23rd, '06, 05:12

Hello, does anyone know where i can find a torrent or download for this series? I thought it would be on D-Addicts but couldn't find it. thanks a lot for your reply.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Dec 23rd, '06, 06:37

aaadramavr wrote:Hello, does anyone know where i can find a torrent or download for this series? I thought it would be on D-Addicts but couldn't find it. thanks a lot for your reply.
for chinese torrents, please search in this thread. if you can't find a torrent link already, you can request. however, i already did the search for you, so just go to the last post. if you don't know how to use btchina, then click on the link in my signature.

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Dec 24th, '06, 01:28

habukie wrote: for chinese torrents, please search in this thread. if you can't find a torrent link already, you can request. however, i already did the search for you, so just go to the last post. if you don't know how to use btchina, then click on the link in my signature.
Thanks habukie for your reply. I will try what you suggest. :D

Slam Dunk

Post by Slam Dunk » Jan 9th, '07, 19:14

habukie, I have a question about Tian Xia Di Yi that you post the link to. I know the bigger size one is from DVD source and the smaller one could be mixed or no DVD-rip at all. How come the DVD rip one only has 35 episodes? Isn't the total suppose to be 40? Did they cut it or increase the length of each episode so to cut down the number of episodes (which would be unnecessary IMO). Thanks :-)

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jan 10th, '07, 20:51

Slam Dunk wrote:habukie, I have a question about Tian Xia Di Yi that you post the link to. I know the bigger size one is from DVD source and the smaller one could be mixed or no DVD-rip at all. How come the DVD rip one only has 35 episodes? Isn't the total suppose to be 40? Did they cut it or increase the length of each episode so to cut down the number of episodes (which would be unnecessary IMO). Thanks :-)
i don't really know, as i haven't downloaded it myself. however, the DVD version over at yesasiahas 35 episodes. :) like i always say, get one episode first to make sure you know what you're getting. :D

arsenal6

i wish i knew ><

Post by arsenal6 » Jan 16th, '07, 03:55

does ne1 know? dvd stores have told me there is but there suppose to b alot of DVDs so they didn't stock on it =( but yaaa if ne1 knows where to get a hold that b great...i got the mandarin version not quite useful since i udnno mandarin

Miranda82

Tian Xia Di Yi - Hero / Number One in the World

Post by Miranda82 » Feb 21st, '07, 06:30

Anyone:

Please help me rate this movie. I like Wallace Huo, and would like to purchase this movie; however, I do not want to make a purchase unless I know how good the movie is. Any feedbacks will help.

Thanks,

Miranda

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Apr 14th, '07, 00:33

Hi If you like Wallace Huo you will like this series. this was my first time seeing him and was impressed. He is very good here. I don't know much about wu xia but that part seemed interesting also. Some have said that the first few eps were kind of slow but to me it was ok. I t was kind of funny at times. If you want you can try downloading a few eps from BtChina to see before you buy it. See Habukie's post at top of this page for link. :-)

oink_joe

Post by oink_joe » Apr 23rd, '07, 01:01

aaadramavr wrote:Hi If you like Wallace Huo you will like this series. this was my first time seeing him and was impressed. He is very good here. I don't know much about wu xia but that part seemed interesting also. Some have said that the first few eps were kind of slow but to me it was ok. I t was kind of funny at times. If you want you can try downloading a few eps from BtChina to see before you buy it. See Habukie's post at top of this page for link. :-)
I don't know him yet..when i like watched this series..
my mom was a big fan of tvb actors..and some of them were here.. so I was like ok...watch it with her.. but then..i fell in love with yi dao.. and yeah the WM pairing!! then i started watching his dramas and other taiwanese dramas..

wallace was soo handsome in this series!! and his character was just so cool.. a guy who doesn't laugh!!

cushdy

Post by cushdy » Feb 27th, '08, 17:57

I hope English subs will be available soon for this series. It looks very good. :-)

TKS

Post by TKS » Mar 25th, '08, 09:31

cushdy wrote:I hope English subs will be available soon for this series. It looks very good. :-)
I second that. I can hardly wait.

ranma24

Post by ranma24 » Mar 29th, '08, 04:00

aaadramavr wrote:Hi If you like Wallace Huo you will like this series. this was my first time seeing him and was impressed. He is very good here. I don't know much about wu xia but that part seemed interesting also. Some have said that the first few eps were kind of slow but to me it was ok. I t was kind of funny at times. If you want you can try downloading a few eps from BtChina to see before you buy it. See Habukie's post at top of this page for link. :-)
he's good in this series. you're right! but he sucks in modern dramas...

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Mar 30th, '08, 00:56

by the way, this this torrent (no subs yet though) is now on D-Addicts. [/url]http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

And, I agree with you for the most part except that I thought he was pretty good in At Dolphin Bay. None of his modern dramas ( with eng subs) are completed here yet. But I agree that of all his dramas I have seen I like Tian Xia Di Yi the best. Hong Fu Nu (Three Musketeers on Jem) was good as well. Though I thought the ending was rushed, I did watch again a couple of times. Tian Xia Di Yi would be an excellent candidate if some group wanted to do english subs IMHO.

Whoosh

Post by Whoosh » Apr 4th, '08, 15:51

Man ....I've been searching high and low to buy a DVD version of the World's Finest with cantonese audio.
Nada, zilcho .....it seems like canto version does not EXIST !

Found a blurry canto tv-rip on AEU for download but it's not the same ....watching Tian Xia Di Yi on a big TV in canto would be awesome.

So please if anybody know a link to buy this series with canto audio ...LET ME KNOW!!! ...lol

lovelygurl128

Post by lovelygurl128 » Apr 9th, '08, 20:27

this drama is good but there's one thing that doesn't satisfy me. the part that michelle yip dies. i didn't expect that part but oh well, overall, the acting is good. roger kwok was funny. i say this drama is good.

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Apr 12th, '08, 07:16

I agree. I was very disappointed that about that since that was probably the best story line. I did manage to make it through the rest but it was not as satisfying. I guess they wanted to really shock people by doing that.