STAY AWAY
No votes

Total votes: 23

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

[Discussion] Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Post by Calcifer » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:23

Sorry about misplaced poll; review can be found http://www.d-addicts.com/wiki/index.php ... den_Dragon

TheBombastic1

Post by TheBombastic1 » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:25

Whaa---. I DID NOT know there was a drama series of this! Now I HAVE TO watch it since I totatlly loved the movie!

You tricked me! I thought it was about the review for the movie and I had this wonderful speech about how Zhang Ziyi was so hot in it! Basically, I was gonna say she was hot.

TheBombastic1

Post by TheBombastic1 » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:28

I said it in the Review section, but Zhang Ziyi is hot. But I see this a a drama version, so maybe you shoulda titled to say so , so that people like me don't come in thinking it was about the movie and all ready to say Zhang Ziyi is hot only to find out she's not in it. :lol

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

[Discussion] Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Post by Calcifer » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:38

Hmm, too late, I can't edit the title now, though I did say in the FYI that it's a series with multiple eps (plus it's in the TWdrama review section :P ). Sorry to get you all excited about nothing :P though personally, I've never found Zhang Zi Yi very beautiful; I think Shui Ling's much prettier. 8)
Last edited by Calcifer on Jan 23rd, '05, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:38

:cry: But where is beautiful Zhang Zi Yi? :cry:
She's no where to be found in your picture above. :cry:

I want my Zhang Zi Yi :cry:
TheBombastic1 wrote:I said it in the Review section, but Zhang Ziyi is hot. But I see this a a drama version, so maybe you shoulda titled to say so , so that people like me don't come in thinking it was about the movie and all ready to say Zhang Ziyi is hot only to find out she's not in it. :lol
Haven't you heard? According to our sagacious zdoon, "hot" is not a word associated with Zhang Zi Yi. She may be beautiful, but not "hot".

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:48

LOL.. Calcifer, I see you're having a field day with moving around and editing posts. LOL

I felt like I was trapped in the twilight zone. :lol

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:50

Haha, sorry about that, BT. I actually don't have the power to lock the topic or move things around, but I mistakenly stuck the poll in the review page, then the topic got locked before I could change the title.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:51

BT-Slut wrote:LOL.. Calcifer, I see you're having a field day with moving around and editing posts. LOL

I felt like I was trapped in the twilight zone. :lol
hehe, that was me BT. Anyways sorry for the confusion all, I wanted Calcifer10000's post to be on top but BT kept getting in the ways...so i posted your first post BT that was in the Review thread in the first post you posted here...I'm not so good at splitting thread :P but I'm glad i didn't have to ask another mod to help me :-) Anyways Calcifer10000, let me know if there is anything else needed to adjust the threads...i think it's all cleaned up now. ^_^

haha, and i've had to edit this post a few times too, i keep forgetting to add another zero to Calcifer's username :roll

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 23rd, '05, 16:55

puccakiss79 wrote:but BT kept getting in the ways...
LOL... so it's all my fault... i see... I better keep quiet then. :-)

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 23rd, '05, 17:04

Hehe, sorry about all the zeroes :P I think the thread's all good now; seeing as it's in the TWdrama section, it should be easy to tell it's the series, not the movie, though I was confused too when I first heard about it.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 23rd, '05, 17:16

Calcifer10000 wrote: it should be easy to tell it's the series, not the movie, though I was confused too when I first heard about it.
You know what makes me very confused? I've seen a movie version of this at the store before! So, I'm thinking its like what's going on with The Seven Swords. There is both a movie and a series production. Or someone edited the series into a movie. No, I'm not talking about the movie with Chow Yun Fat. It's with the same exact actors as the tw series. :nuts:

Anyways, I just got a hold of this show. I will start watching it in two weeks (that's when my schedule will be less hectic...hopefully). I can't wait, seems good. I totally agree with you about Zhang Zi Yi. I like Shui Ling much better. :-)

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 23rd, '05, 17:20

Yeah, I heard from someone that there's a movie version of this too, with exactly the same people acting. If that movie version has a better ending than this series version, they should merge the two and it'll be perfect :P

(And I'm looking forward to 7 swords, too)

ceppy

Post by ceppy » Jan 29th, '05, 13:00

wow, i'm renting it! i saw the dvd on blockbuster just last week.

AutumnRain

Post by AutumnRain » Jan 29th, '05, 17:41

:lol i kinda liked the series to crouching tiger hidden dragon :P Shui Ling is beautiful :D

AutumnRain

Post by AutumnRain » Jan 29th, '05, 17:43

:wub: also theres this kissing scene where they kiss upside down kinda... :wub: it was so cute :glare: but i think Spider Man copied them :x cuz the series came out long before the kissing scene in Spider Man the movie... :glare:

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 30th, '05, 07:18

ceppy wrote:wow, i'm renting it! i saw the dvd on blockbuster just last week.
be sure to tell us how it is...I'm really curious on what's the difference between the movie and the series.
AutumnRain wrote::wub: also theres this kissing scene where they kiss upside down kinda... :wub: it was so cute :glare: but i think Spider Man copied them :x cuz the series came out long before the kissing scene in Spider Man the movie... :glare:
yeah :wub: that kissing scene is so cute! Aiyaa, I must get going on this series.

catpan

The new Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Post by catpan » Feb 9th, '05, 00:17

Will d-addicts be posting the series anytime soon? I can't wait to see the series as I love it when it is Peter Ho and Shui Ling together....Hope to hear some good news from this site... thanks in advance

TyRiKe

Post by TyRiKe » Feb 9th, '05, 00:20

like BT-slut says...we want our zhang zi yi :-(

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Feb 9th, '05, 00:38

I thought that kissing scene was absolutely great 8) So much cooler than the Spiderman one, and yeah, I think it did come first...

If you want to see some clips: go to http://www.spcnet.tv/multimedia/?PHPSES ... 6fcb7a9974 and find CTHD at the very bottom. It's the "opening movie", aka the opening credits. I love the song and the kissing scene's there too... 8)

TyRiKe, have you seen Shui Ling or other actresses in action? If you haven't, you should give them a chance, and you might just forget all about Zhang Zi Yi...

kalau

New Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon...Drama or Movie?

Post by kalau » Apr 15th, '05, 04:53

Hi all,

I came across this 2-discs re-make of the movie Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon released by Tai Seng Entertainments. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, maybe you could shed some light cause I'm wonndering if this is considered a movie or a drama. The quality of the video is defintely drama-quality and all the actors and actresses are from dramas. To me, it looks like a 2-episode drama. If it's a drama, maybe I will upload here if people are interrested. I just want to make sure before I did anything. I don't want to violate any rules of this site regarding movies.

kalau

Post by kalau » Apr 15th, '05, 05:12

hahha..i didn't realize there was an entire thread for this! :oP So, I take it...this is a drama? :mrgreen:

Would anyone be interested in watching this? I can test my skills and try to rip the dvd. Hehe, but no promises..hehehe..I have limited abilities. :roll :crazy:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 15th, '05, 17:44

Interesting; a 2 ep movie/drama? I think I heard someone say that there was a movie version of the drama out; I guess that's what you're talking about. If it's got Shui Ling instead of Zhang Zi Yi, yeah, it would be the ultra-compressed series/drama version.

How's the ending, kalau?

kalau

Post by kalau » Apr 15th, '05, 22:37

Well ,
It's actually a 2 dvd drama....and no..no Zhang Zi Yi..so I'm pretty sure it's not the movie. As for the ending, I will let you know when I watch it. Been so busy at work, haven't had the time to watch a single drama episode all week! Argh! Gotta catch up this weekend! hehe!

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 16th, '05, 01:44

Very cool. Let me know how the ending is, cuz I really liked the series, just hated the ending. I would've seriously considered subbing it if not for the crappy end...argh. :roll

nanowel

Post by nanowel » Apr 16th, '05, 17:11

I saw these 2 dvds on netflix. Apparently, the reviews point that the drama has been chopped down so much it is hard to follow.

KooZai

Post by KooZai » Apr 18th, '05, 20:26

I love this series :wub: ...seen it a a long time ago but i don't own it...would be nice if I do... :-)

kalau

Post by kalau » Apr 18th, '05, 20:27

Let's see if I can learn to rip it from my dvds and upload here.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 18th, '05, 22:47

Hmmm...you're considering uploading the 2 ep mini-series version? Let me know if you do plan on doing that. The equivalent of 2 eps won't take long to subtitle; if it's good I'd consider it.

kalau

Post by kalau » Apr 19th, '05, 00:00

It comes w/ English subtitles, so there is no need for anything except tp rip...I think. :crazy:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 19th, '05, 16:24

Hey awesome! More stuff that comes with subs; about time.

keaixia0jie

Post by keaixia0jie » Apr 19th, '05, 16:38

kalau wrote:It comes w/ English subtitles, so there is no need for anything except tp rip...I think. :crazy:
haha wahhooo ^___^ awesome news! :D

ijim

Post by ijim » Apr 22nd, '09, 14:39

Guys, hear this movie is good.. any idea where i can get this link.

kyutrix

Post by kyutrix » Jun 17th, '12, 03:53

(Not sure why I'm writing on here 3 years after the last post, but I guess I just love this drama that much :P)

I first saw the drama series back in 2004(?) when it played on the Chinese channel in the US. I saw the movie (with Chow Yun-Fat) before and it didn't leave much of an impression with me, but THIS drama I totally fell in love with. The ending wasn't too great, but the journey was fun and I fell in love with the main characters :D. It's probably my favorite c-drama of all time. I found the dialogue to be witty and the main characters all have great chemistry. Plus, I like that the fight scenes aren't overrun with CG effects (they're cheesy, imo).

Anyway, I tried buying the drama before and got ripped off cause I only got half the series. Few years later, I saw the "NEW" Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with the same drama actors/actresses and hoped against hope that I would be able to have the whole series. Was majorly disappointed. Seriously, don't bother with it. It's so choppy with so many things left out... I guess only pro is that it has eng subs...

If anyone wants to check it out, definitely go for the whole drama series!!! (Just be aware that the ending is a bit weak...)

If anyone knows where I can still find this series online either to dwl or buy, I would be super grateful!!! Eng sub would be a major plus, but not completely necessary...

(Btw, rewatching it again 5 yrs later on tudou... too bad some eps lag...)

kiet88

Post by kiet88 » Jul 13th, '12, 05:23

what