Recommended C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
o0olalas

Post by o0olalas » May 31st, '07, 01:30

i dont have that much favorite but i like HEART OF GREEDD<33`

dtran08

Post by dtran08 » May 31st, '07, 02:04

Twin of Brothers

Treacherous Waters

Xiao Jiang Hu 2001

Return of the Condor Heroes 2006

ISWAKrocks

Post by ISWAKrocks » May 31st, '07, 02:17

ISWAK and prince turns to frog totally RAWKS, they r brilliant, totally totally loved them :)
Meteor Garden was de first drama i watched, n i loved it, dao ming si is so KUTE :P
Lavender, which was a tear jerker, really sad and great acting *sobs*
for me, Devil beside you was okay, rainie and mike do make a sweet couple, bt it was lacking summit....

anyway, totally totally would recommend ISWAK AND Prince TTF :D

wat3rm3lon

Hmm.

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jun 1st, '07, 03:06

I'm not sure the difference between Cantonese, and Mandarin. Just go find some English-subbed ones :D .
But I particularly like these:

1. Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu - Also known as Hana Kimi. Freaking hilarious. Freaking adorable, too.
2. Corner with love - Same main actress as "Mars." Except you get to see a whole new side of her :P
3. It Started With a Kiss - Ariel Lin! :lol
4. Smiling Pasta - Try it.

Mmm hmm. So those are recommended, from me. I hope you enjoy!
Oh yeahh. You could watch and download most of them on VEOH !! :thumleft:

Flaminco Girl

Post by Flaminco Girl » Jun 14th, '07, 05:04

If you don't mind an older series, you should watch "return of the cuckoo"! It was made in 2000. It's by far by favourite series! It's sooo touching but also very funny and real. Chilam and Charmaine Sheh star in it.

larfie1

Post by larfie1 » Jun 15th, '07, 03:35

i recently just watched it started with a kiss, and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! i watched mars before but couldn't finish because it was too serious, and i also watched prince who turned into a frog, and LOVED LOVED LOVED that one too!! but by far, iswak is my favourite so i was just wondering if there were other dramas out there like that one?? i especially love the actors in it... have they done naything together before? or have they done stuff that's like this one? i can't wait for the 2nd one to come out...

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jun 15th, '07, 17:56

I currently looking for action cdramas. Do you guys recommend any? Action like fighting, flying, and martial arts.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Jun 15th, '07, 18:04

Try my torrents. Click my signature.

dine2k9

Post by dine2k9 » Jun 16th, '07, 02:28

does anyone have ne twdrama in mind that is close to mars and devil beside you???
i just got into twdramas so i dont know so much....
i tried out though ISWAK and the hanakimi version but they didnt really get to me....maybe its too happy for me or the actin didnt really touch me....(as you can tell by my choices im into the weird sappy dramas....but wat can i say i love these kinds)
i dont like heavy comedy but a few humor here and the...also mystery and thriller (bump off lover i like as well)
so if there are any other kinds of drama around those lines please recommend i need to do something this summer!!!

Shivohn

Post by Shivohn » Jun 21st, '07, 00:34

I admit, I'm a bigger Jdrama/Kdrama fan, but recently I've been watching several Chinese dramas...

MARS-was the first Chinese drama I saw and I really enjoyed it...and Barbie Xu and Vic Zhou have wonderful chemistry and the drama is pretty true to the manga
Prince Turned to Frog-If only for the Dang-Ou arc...that made this drama for me...and I am a Ming Dao fan (he was so so cute as Dang-Ou :wub: and he has so many it feels good to be falling in love scenes with Joe En) so I am biased. Though I admit, the later half of the drama dragged--especially the whole fiancee part (I still liked most of the interactions b/t Joe En and Ming Dao) and it's pretty unrealistic, but it was fun and a romance drama at it's best

I have seen Devil Beside You which was alright...Mike He and Rainie Yang are cute together, it was short and pretty fast paced
It Started with a Kiss I know a lot of people liked this drama, but I wasn't a big fan...Ariel Lin's character drove me crazy and towards the end it dragged a little..I would only watch it for episode 19, it was sweet and Joe Cheng was so cute. But otherwise...it's was pretty difficult to get through
Smiling Pasta was okay...there were parts in that were cute...and it was a very happy drama, I liked Nicholas Teo, not so much Cyndi Wang (her character was sometimes too dimwitted-Why are so many girl characters like this? What's wrong with smart, intelligent, successful female characters?) I did like Gino's character and the song Tears from Polaris...but the papparazis were so ANNOYING and the fact that all their intimate scenes were ruined was frustrating...And the ending ::sigh:: I wasn't too happy maybe b/c it was anticlimatic. Sorry for the extended opinion, I just finished watching it so it's fresh on my mind.

On Magicians of Love I would love to comment, but I've only seen up to ep 6 and it's difficult to find rest of the series b/c it's archived or direct d/l links don't work...but it looks interesting and Ming Dao's in it and I totally love how Sam Wang looks in it with his hairstyle (especially since PTTF)

famousamoscooky

I NEED A RECOMENDED CHINESE KUNG FU DRAMA

Post by famousamoscooky » Jun 26th, '07, 04:53

are there any other chinese drama's similar to the "Return of the Condor Heroes 2006"

-old time type with like....wu ling stuff and the different kung fu tribes
-good kung fu (not the crappy type)
-good ending (main characters dont die in the very end..or at all)
-good quality (up-to-date. not the very very old versions with crap quality)

i've watched many good ones already and since it's summer time i decided to start watching more, i rented a lot of them but i'm tired of watching these dramas with horrible endings and i want to find a good one to watch

any suggestions?
Last edited by famousamoscooky on Jun 26th, '07, 05:01, edited 1 time in total.

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jun 26th, '07, 04:57

Ehmm.. well did you watch Shanghai Bund??
I know there was an older version starring Chow Yun-Fat but this one is REALLY good!!
It's not really popular so don't expect people to be subbing it.. anyway if you want to watch it the name is called Shanghai Tan and it's airing on KTSF. I think it's more worth it if you rent it.
Oh yeah, it's action/romance. Both the main characters are pretty (main girl) and cute (main guy).

RPGonline2

Post by RPGonline2 » Jun 30th, '07, 04:40

DRAMAHOLIC LIVES UNDER ME BED!!!

-Scared-

I've only watched one, It Started With A Kiss, and I'm on episode 26. I highly recommend it to you. But I'm interested in other Taiwanese dramas.

r3n

School setting dramas

Post by r3n » Jul 1st, '07, 16:34

what's a school setting dramas for Cdrama or Twdrama like Gokusen or GTO of Jdorama. Except for hana yori dango or F4 one. Thanks. And also, if that drama has simplified subtitle at bottom would be really helpful. Thank you.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Re: School setting dramas

Post by habukie » Jul 1st, '07, 18:54

r3n wrote:what's a school setting dramas for Cdrama or Twdrama like Gokusen or GTO of Jdorama. Except for hana yori dango or F4 one. Thanks. And also, if that drama has simplified subtitle at bottom would be really helpful. Thank you.
there are a lot of twdramas that have school scenes. however, none are like gokusen or GTO where there's a teacher who changes the class episode by episode. jdramas have that episode by episode concept, but kdramas and twdramas really don't.

if you're just interested in those that have school scenes, some that you can watch are:
- My MVP Valentine (it's also pretty basketball-intensive)
- It Started With A Kiss
- Devil Beside You
- KO One (honestly, i haven't finished watching this one, but i know there are school scenes :-))

r3n

Post by r3n » Jul 3rd, '07, 04:05

hey those are great lists thanks. But do you know if I can get simplified chinese sub for those titles? Thanks.

r3n

Post by r3n » Jul 3rd, '07, 04:17

I can't find to download my mvp valentine anywhere :( It's not on this site

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 3rd, '07, 18:11

^^it's never been on this site. :-) it's a jem series, so you can find it at his site and clubbox.

and please don't double post in the future. you can just go back and edit your post. thanks! :-)

r3n

Post by r3n » Jul 3rd, '07, 18:56

Whenever I try to download from jem's site, I get the error that says "Unable to read torrent file! Please try re-downloading the torrent" I tried downloading the torrent multiple times and I still get the same result. As for the clubox site, I can't read korean

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 3rd, '07, 19:25

r3n wrote:Whenever I try to download from jem's site, I get the error that says "Unable to read torrent file! Please try re-downloading the torrent" I tried downloading the torrent multiple times and I still get the same result. As for the clubox site, I can't read korean
there's an extra period in the torrent link. here, i've deleted that extra period for you.

My MVP Valentine Torrent [jem]

as for clubbox, you don't have to be able to read korean to use it. jem has a tutorial that you can read at his site here. in addition, there are plenty of other tutorials you can use. see the first post of the official clubbox thread in the korean entertainment forum for some or check out the tutorials at the pinkmafia blog (link is in my signature).

OnlyXainz

Post by OnlyXainz » Jul 6th, '07, 00:20

haha my recommendation lists all include ariel ;D

love
1] Love Contract - Made me cry lots
2] ISWAK - All time favorite, just laggy during college
3] Mars - Nicely done, interesting
4] Devil Beside You - I wouldn't watch this again though ^__^;
5] Tian Xia Di Yi - Watched this about 3-7 years ago... liked the action, didn't like the pairings
6] Warriors of the Yang Clan - First drama with Chae Rim, loved her in it, nice chemistry
7] Smiling Pasta - Loved the first 14 episodes, after that it was okay. When you're watching it, it keeps you excited; very cute.
8] The Rose - The first time I watched it I loved it, but I couldn't stand the second time.
9] The Outsiders - Haven't finished this one yet, but it's nice, acting is great ^__^
10] Return of the Condor Heroes - All I can say ~ nice.
11] Chinese Paladin - Not done yet + only on the third episode but YiFei is soo cute and HuGe is such a hunk *__* A bit too cute though lol.
12] Tian Wai Fei Xian - Ultimate love.

hate
1] Meteor Garden - A lot of people will hate me for this, but when I first watched it I couldn't get past the fourth episode, and totally ignored it after I watched Hana Yori Dango, japanese version
2] Tokyo Juliet - Loved its first 6 episodes but the rest was hopeless. Nice clothes?
3] Silence - Yes again, fans will kill me ^__^;; I'm not this kind of drama person though, couldn't stand the acting/plot/characters
4] Marmalade Boy - I kept wtfing throughout the whole first 3 episodes. Her parents seem hopeless as well.

jolenee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jolenee » Jul 9th, '07, 14:00

yep , like many others ,
mars is really good .
why why love - still airing
my lucky star - still airing .
green forest, my home - it was cute (:
smiling pasta - cute, but cheesy at times.
love queen - so underrated . this was good .
love storm - maybe cause i was so obsessed with zaizai before .
devil beside you - how many times have i watched this ? T__T
it started with a kiss - ariel bothered me for awhile , but then i got used to it .
love contract - despite bad reviews, i found this deep (:

return of the condor heroes 2006 . - hahs . i just wished i didn't watch the mando - dubbed one .

lilsushi213

Post by lilsushi213 » Jul 14th, '07, 09:57

definitely make sure you've watched...
1) it started with a kiss - it's kinda laggy but i mean..it's really cute & funny. you're probably gonna get annoyed of how much crying appears in the drama, but it adds to the whole...point. i loved it.
2) devil beside you - mike he is fereaking gorgeous in this. and it's hilarious! =]
3) prince turned into a frog - this made me fall in love with ming dao as well as 183club and 7flowers. they can honestly act! and the drama's really cute with the whole frog thing. =] definitely liked it alot!
4) meteor garden - very common among drama watchers...same with dby. lol. but this is definitely a great drama to watch. pretty funny and you learn a thing or two about how to...respond when someone asks something...briefly translated...''did i ASK YOUR OPINION?" hahahaha.
5) sound of colors - a remake of the movie version. i seriously cried my eyes out at the end of the series. it's actually not all that hilarious-funny but it has its moments..and it kept me glued to the tv each time it came on.
~~a lot more i'd recommend, but these are the top5. =]

hturyreva
Location: &#65328;&#65352;&#65353;&#65356;&#65353;&#65360;&#65360;&#65353;&

Post by hturyreva » Jul 20th, '07, 06:13

the prince turns into frog! - the best hahah n_n i fell in love with ming dao ASAP! n_n
smile pasta =) nicholas teo is sooooo lovable..
it started with a kiss -- waaaahhh joe cheng is soooo kawaii
MARS - Vic's role here is the best
meteor garden - it's timeless and it influenced me to watch more taiwanese series hahaha
dolphin bay - torn between wallace and ambrose haha

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Jul 20th, '07, 06:42

It started with a kiss, yes Ariel Lin's character was very dumb and annoying but that is what she is suppose to be, and like joe cheng you learn to love her as the show goes on.
Eternal Happiness with Michelle Yip, and old one but still one of my favs
Bratty Princess Jang Nara in a china drama. Funny and cute, light I loved it. Jang Nara is super cute
Lofty Waters Verdant Bow again with Michelle yip, first time I cried watching a drama
Love contract Ariel Lin can not even read a review of this one without chocking up with tears

Dagorlad

Requesting special suggestions

Post by Dagorlad » Jul 27th, '07, 11:25

I require a mature opinion.

I am looking for MODERN especially C or TW drama (And all Asian dramas, really) that have main characters who are NOT teenagers. I see many exited suggestions here, and then when I go look at the reviews, I find that it is a story about high school teenagers. My friends and I who watch these are all in our 30's. We are not interested in high school drama. Can anyone suggest C or TW drama with adult characters?

Examples of good K drama with adult characters are:
"Secret Lovers"
"Crazy for You"
"All in"

Something lie this would be fine.

~D

apmb

What should i watch?

Post by apmb » Jul 30th, '07, 03:01

Now that I'm done w/ the duke of mount deer, i have no idea what to watch? Can someone give me advice?

I don't mind non english subs.

I liked.
Crimson sabre (sword stained w/ royal blood)
She diao ying xiong Zhuan (the whole trilogy)
Xiao Aou Jiang Hu (state of divinity? Smiling proud wanderer?)
maybe there were more...
Come to think of it...
Xian Jian wasn't bad either. (magical blade? idk... Fairy swordsman?)

Of course i also liked the Duke of mount deer which i had just finished.

So.. what now? Maybe i'll just watch meteor garden...

SayntBacardi

Post by SayntBacardi » Jul 30th, '07, 03:10

Well...Meteor Garden...I didn't watch it but the majority (I think), thought that the japanese version, Hana Yori Dango, was much better...maybe you should watch the japanese version /both of them...
you can also check this thread http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10397.htm or try the dramas of the week/month/whatever^^

groink

Post by groink » Jul 30th, '07, 03:22

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE CHINESE DRAMAS
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_15829.htm

Mods - please merge with the above link.

pinklover27

Post by pinklover27 » Aug 2nd, '07, 23:45

tops my list would be: (Must watch)
1. Meteor Garden I - this is the drama that had me hook in watching asian dramas...it's that gud..
2. Devil Beside You - although i'm not so into the whole brother-sister thing, i still loved this drama..the chemistry between the leads was awesome...
3. Mars - probably one of the best dramas i've watched..great acting, storyline, romance, action, comedy...it has it all...if u want mature and interesting drama this id definitely a must watch...
4. Smiling Pasta - the whole celebrity, pretending thing is so full house, but the rest of the storyline was diffenrent than full house....nicholas teo and cyndi wang makes a great couple..plus i love the OST..

* as much as i loved Meteor Garde I, that's how much i hated Meteor Garden II..the whole dao ming zi & ye sha thing was just awful...

pinklover27

Post by pinklover27 » Aug 2nd, '07, 23:47

^^ oh i forgot It Started with a kiss - it's also a must watch

dice824

Good Chinese Dramas

Post by dice824 » Aug 3rd, '07, 05:00

(1) Young Warriors of the Yang Clan
(2) War and Beauty
(3) Shanghai Bund (the new one with Huang Xiao Ming)
(4) Sound of Colors (Ruby Lin)
(5) The Outsiders (Kwo Pin Chou)

hamanokumko1212

Could I have some reccomendations please?

Post by hamanokumko1212 » Aug 7th, '07, 00:12

Haha, I wasn't exactly sure where this thread should fit, but I guess this is good.

Well, I've recently finished It Started With A Kiss, and I'm hoping to watch a few more dramas before the sequel comes out.
I've already watched Lavender, I'm watching Tokyo Juliet, and Summer x Summer, torrenting Hana Kimi, Meteor Garden, and Lao Shu Ai da Mi, and have watched some of At Dolphin Bay. I just don't know what direction to go in, because I'm new to it and stuff.

I'd prefer that they'd be just TWdrama or Chinese drama, though I don't have a problem with Kdrama or Jdorama, its just I'm already studying Japanese and Chinese, and I think I'll want to start learning Korean if I start watching them >.< Haha. Well, if you could help, that'd be excellent!

ktnew

Post by ktnew » Aug 7th, '07, 00:32

Mars (Zhan Shen) is amazing..seriosuly one of the best twdramas there is, along with the devil beside you!! both of them are my all time favourites and if you likes ISWAK and Summer X Summer then you should agree with me.

Some other great twdramas are:
prince who turns into a frog
magicians of love
smiling pasta
Marmelade boy
love contract (although the endings a bit crappy)

Some other great dramas that are still releaseing subs (im currently watching) are:
Corner with love
why why love
a game about love/rock paper scissors
my lucky star

I know you didnt really want jdrama recommendations but i do seriously recommend: hana yori dango 1&2, and kimi wa petto!!

hope you find something you like amongst that lot lol

jeune_daisy

Post by jeune_daisy » Aug 7th, '07, 00:44

Try The Rose, I guess you would love it since Joe Chen from It started with a Kiss was in there.
If you wanna watch Jdorama, my top three are 1 litre of tears, Nodame Cantabile and My boss My hero.
For Korean drama I recommend Thank you, Fantasy Couple, Coffee Prince, War of Money, Goong, Dal Ja's Spring, Full House, Kim Sam Soon.

wuxiadramafanatic

Post by wuxiadramafanatic » Aug 7th, '07, 08:39

hmm most of the good stuff i watched had been mentioned many times in this thread but ah well.
favourites are MARS, ISWAK, DBY,Silence, Reaching for the stars, Lavender, At dolphin Bay, Magiains of love, Smiling Pasta, My lucky star, Prince turns into frog, MG, Love contract, A game about love
Ko One (currently watching) and alot more.

i was wondering if any one has seen The house of apple not sure about the cast coz i couldnt find much info on this series but it has Eva Huang in it.
and also i was wondering if any one knows a good series wif good action romance/comedy dramas like DBY and Ko One please recommend.

saby

Post by saby » Aug 7th, '07, 09:16

MARS is a must watch drama

then Silence.... and Hana kimi if you want to laugh really hard
devil beside you is a must watch too :wub:

AnbuItachi

Post by AnbuItachi » Aug 8th, '07, 15:01

Corner with love is definitely my favorite!! its sad, happy, funny, serious and entertaining!
then it started with a kiss, meteor garden, silence

jimownz

What are some really good series?

Post by jimownz » Aug 11th, '07, 04:29

Hi,
I cant really find any good tv series lately.
My favorties include
1. Return of Condor Heroes 2006
2. Step into the Past
3. Full House

I recently watched some pretty bad ones too= A love to kill and Sword Stained with Royal Blood (2007).

Can anyone recommend me some good series (i like all genres)?

Also is heaven sabre and dragon sword (2003) any good?

Thanks

aznsophisticat

Modern and ancient?

Post by aznsophisticat » Aug 13th, '07, 15:16

i really, really loved hana kimi, return of the condor heroes, and huan zhu ge ge. i think it started with a kiss is okay, but it's not really fun enough! hana kimi is funny and sincere at the same time (the taiwanese version)... i think it has a lot of depth to it compared to some other dramas.

also... i think the return of the condor heroes is good with andy lau in it. he adds personality to the character.
Last edited by aznsophisticat on Aug 15th, '07, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

wantse094

Post by wantse094 » Aug 15th, '07, 11:48

Silence was great, I really liked it, Mars is good, MG, Hana Kimi is good for a laugh not exactly the best series ever but it's entertaining, Wei Xiao Pasta is pretty nice as well, Devil Beside You, Scent of Love (the one with a Taiwanese guy lead and Korean girl lead) but not a lot of people have seen it I reckon...

janelleski

Post by janelleski » Aug 25th, '07, 10:06

1. My MVP Valentine
2. Dolphin Bay

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » Sep 3rd, '07, 02:25

any1 know what are really good historical/wuxia dramas that are available via torrents?

gtsomething

Looking for recommendations!

Post by gtsomething » Sep 5th, '07, 05:34

I think I'm posting this in the right place, sorry if it isn't, I'm still new here =)

Anyway, I've been watching alot of j-dorama lately, my last one being Densha Otoko, which finally made me admit to myself that I actually do like drama's. But I'm cantonese and I just felt like watching something that's my own language so that maybe I could share it with my family, so I was wondering if any of you people would give me recommendations for any good (but not too long) cantonese drama's?

I really would appriciate it =)

strawhat_luffy

Post by strawhat_luffy » Sep 8th, '07, 03:33

my favourite dramas are WZBQW, devil beside you, smiling pasta, mars, and a new TWdrama called Ying Ye 3 + 1 (樱野3加1). i like it pretty much. does anyone else have any comedy dramas to recommend? :mrgreen:

madelinepoh
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by madelinepoh » Sep 10th, '07, 22:39

Wow, such long lists of dramas. I can't resist to lists mine too :P

My Favourites:

1. Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II (My all time favourite!!!!!!!!!!!!)
2. Smiling Pasta
3. My Lucky Star
4. Coffee Prince
5. Bad Couple
6. My Boss My Hero
7. Hana Kimi
8. Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
9. Heavenly Sword & Dragon Sabre (Both HK n China version)
10. Prince Turn Frog
11. Meteor Garden i
12. Stairway to Heaven
13. My MVP Valentine
14. Bratty Princess
15. Lavender
16. Green Forest, My Home
17. Hana Yori Dango I & II
18. Full House
.......and so on........ :lol

Dramas that I dislike/hate/Can't stand:

1. Meteor Garden II
2. Tokyo Juliet
3. KO One
4. Love Storm
5. Poor Prince Taro
6. Love Contract

I think that's all for now or might need a whole page to list all the dramas that I like/dislike

:P

Sphinxy

Post by Sphinxy » Sep 13th, '07, 15:18

Here's The Sphinx's lists. =P

Absolute Favorites/Totally Recommended
1. Mars - The best Drama ever!! Great actors/actresses, amazing plot, amazing OST.
2. Devil Beside You - A drama that is so cute to watch and very addictive!!
3. It Started With A Kiss- I love this! Must watch! Cant wit till sequel!
4. Meteor Garden - It was a very good drama! Great Plot! Too bad it had a mucky sequel...
5. Love Contract- At first, i thought it was too dark, but i loved it! I need to watch it again..

Still Watching/Love or Hate it

1. Why Why Love- I LOVE IT! Mike and Kingone are my masters! Good drama(ep 12/15)
2. Corner with Love- I love Barbie and Alan! Great couple!
3. Smiling Pasta- I'm watching it.. Only on ep 2 to make much suggestions, but, the actors are all so yummy! The beginning was very cute though. Awww!

Dislike/Abhor
1. Meteor Garden II - They didn't need to make a sequel.. and if they did.. not with that additional character. >.>
2. Peach Girl- What happened to Momo?? My Momo from the manga?? >.> So Not Peach girl!

I'll update as I go on.. I love every drama, no matter how mucky they are-- but Im very critical..(Just dont take anything offensive on my behalf =D)

Akuma76

Post by Akuma76 » Sep 23rd, '07, 04:10

Could anyone recommend me a good wuxia or fantasy/action drama?
Would be best if it was related to mythology in some way, and the affects don't look phony
Got done watching 2 comedies so im looking for something a little more serious

smileysum

Post by smileysum » Oct 1st, '07, 20:50

These are my absolute fave tw dramas:
1)Why Why Love (still watching got 2eps to go)
2)Devil Beside You
3)Smiling Pasta
4)Prince Who Turns Into A Frog
5)It Started With a Kiss
6)Magicians Of Love
7)Hana Kimi
8)Corner with Love
9)Meteor Garden
10)My Lucky Star (although currently watching)

Also liked MARS and Love Contract but they are not Romance Comedy and im more of a romance comedy fan so please give more suggestions to to dramas similar to above thanks!!

shadowhearts

Post by shadowhearts » Oct 13th, '07, 15:46

So far, I can only think of Dicy Business as my favourite series and I am currently watching The Drive of Life so I guess if the end is as good as the film throughout then it will be my new favourite...lol

Somekindofpeanutdessert

Post by Somekindofpeanutdessert » Oct 16th, '07, 16:27

My favorites were in this order:
It Started With A Kiss - flat out AMAZING. One you'll want to watch over and over again.
Silence - Makes you bawl your eyes out. Seriously.
The Rose - Really strange but you have to get into it. It's one of those that you would never watch again, but the only time you do watch it, you can't stop watching it. For me it was probably because Loe is in it. I think that the secondary plotline is more interesting than the primary plotline. I would recommend watching ISWAK before this one so you don't ruin your first impression of Joe Cheng.
At The Dolphin Bay - Really cute. Kind of similar to Silence, but less sad.
Devil Beside You - eeehhhh...I had trouble getting through this one, but everyone seems to like it a lot. If you like Mike He you'll like this one.

lyna

Post by lyna » Nov 4th, '07, 08:17

Pearl Princess 1 and 2- it's funny, the romantic love stories are great, and also the relationship between a father and his daughter are so touching.

Hard Fate- love the chemistry between KC and NC. There are lots of twists and turns in the series too.

Golden Faith- just the cast alone is worth watching (Jessica,Gallen,Raymond,Michelle,etc.). It's dramatic but it also has many funny moments.

Yummy Yummy- this series was really overlooked. It has a great cast, god storyline, and very meaningful lessons.

White Flame- hilarious and dramatic

Smiling Pasta- it's just plain cute to watch.

Super School- it's just so hilarious

Heart of Fencing- great storyline, so many guest stars, and funny too

Armed Reaction 1,2,3- I liked the love stories and the cases. And I'm not saying that part 4 wasn't good it's just that by that time I was already tried of seeing the same plot over again. It felt they were just using the stories from the first 3 parts over again.

Take My Word for It- something new and funny
Detective Investigation Files 1-4- I love the cases that they solved and the love stories
Family Man- it very rare to see TVB do a series about father daughters relationship, it's very heart warming.
Forensic Heroes- love the cases
On or Off the Track
Recipe for the Heart
Survivors Law
The Biter Bitten
The Last Breakthrough
Triumph in the Sky
Under the Canopy of Love
A Trust of A Life Time
Angels of Mission
Aqua Heroes
Legend of the Condor Heroes 1994
Maiden Vow
Seven Sister
The Gentle Crackdown
Witness to Prosecution
Where the Legend Begins

susamirain

Post by susamirain » Nov 5th, '07, 18:00

My fave Taiwanese dramas are:

Devil Beside You: It started out great, it was funny. I really like Mike He. :mrgreen: It became irritating the minute Qi Yue started liking Jiang Meng. She turned into some lovesick fool not as bad as I saw in "It started with a kiss" but still annoying. :glare: This is a pretty good series with a good storyline. I'd say check this one out but be ready to get annoyed by the girls acting like idiots over the guys again. :x

It Started With a Kiss: Very good drama but too long. I liked this one but it went into the zone of ultimate irritation. Why Xiang Qin was so obsessed and pathetically in love with Zhi Shu I'll never understand. I understand the love but not how stupid she was willing to be. There's a point in love where some ppl have no self-respect or self-worth and pursue their love interest unabashedly. It's embarrassing. I'll be honest I skipped few episodes near the end cause I couldn't take all the obsessing but the ending was golden. :mrgreen: I liked Zhi Shu, he managed to be in love and maintain some self-respect.

Love Contract: I must say after seeing Ariel Lin be bonkers in ISWAK, I was not so excited to see her in yet another drama. I just can't take seeing her whining, crying, and obsessing over another guy in a drama! :cussing: I watched this one cause a friend of mine recommended it and said it was different. I have fallen hard for this drama. It's great! :w00t: Ariel has redeemed herself in this one. Mike He is cuter in this one than Devil Beside You mainly cause he has a cool haircut. I didn't like the rock-a-doodle stye in Devil Beside You ( I know it was based on a manga series so crazy haircuts will be expected).

Because "Love Contract" was so good I plan on watching "Why, Why Love" next. My friend loves Mike He so that's why it's a pattern of Mike He madness! :mrgreen:

femina83

Post by femina83 » Nov 7th, '07, 15:30

My fav dramas are:

1.It started with a Kiss-----There are some ppl who may criticise Ariel's stupidity in the series...but honestly speaking,i think she did a great job at that.She did full justice to her character and it was real fun watching her...she's got great acting capability and added to that her chemistry with Joe makes it all worth watching...ISWAK rocks..hopefully the much anticipated sequel will be a treat....This is one of the best dramas i have ever watchd...

2.Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 & 2---Both the parts were worth watching...Vicki was real fun to watch and so were the other casts....

3.Prince turns into Frog---Ming Dao is to fall for in this series....simple story nicely unfolded steps by steps...

4.Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber------Alec Su and Alyssia Chai did an amazing job in this one accompained with a great story line and great casts....the kung fu scenes were too good....this 1 have romance,action and everything balanced.

5.State of Divinity-----I just love the cinematography....excellent direction specially with the Kung fu scenes......the actor and actress were good in their respective roles.

6.MVP Valentine----One of the basic reasons i like this drama is that basically its a story about basketball and i love that game(personal cliche)....

tiddayy

Post by tiddayy » Nov 16th, '07, 00:47

MY LUCKY STAR and ISWAK are tied for my all time favorite tw dramas. Wasn't expecting much from MLS especially in comparison to ISWAK, but it turned out to be a REALLY REALLY good drama.

I don't think MLS gets enough credit or attention so i'll elaborate on why I highly recommend MLS...As far as I know, MY LUCKY STAR isn't based off of a manga or anything, so i loved its originality--everything tied together perfectly, without following a conventional pattern. I'm surprised it isn't more popular because the actors' chemistry is amazing and you could really feel and believe the depth/intensity of Ah Xing and Tian Qi's love. Also, this drama never lags--so you're always kept in suspense/anticipation. :)

femina83

Post by femina83 » Nov 16th, '07, 10:55

I completely agree with Tiddayy...."My Lucky Star" is also an extremely good drama to watch....Jimmy Lin and Ha Na are superb in their roles and they also have Lee Wei in the second half of the series...good looking actors with incredible acting abilities alongside an interesting storyline make this series a MUST watch....Ha Na,the lead actress in this series is of Korean origin but this does not show in the chemistry she shares with Jimmy or Lee Wei.
"My Lucky Star"is NOT based off any manga,its an original piece of work..its a story about a girl who cons people for her living but has an extremly pure,innocent and caring heart whose life changes after an accidental meeting with the heir of one of Asia's largest Jewel conglomerate.....she taught him to find a million possibilities,a million hopes and tommorrows instead of clinging onto a love that was never meant to be his....whereas He taught her not to lie and earn her living through hard work and perseverance....I "strongly" recommend this drama for people to watch.....it has its own twists and turns and you will definetly not get bored...so happy watching My Lucky Star!

leadfreaky

Post by leadfreaky » Nov 21st, '07, 20:33

I've watched some cdramas and I have a question [coz I'm not that into cdrama..til now!XD]:

Is there a similar drama like "Why Why Love", "Corner with Love", Magicians of Love", Devil beside me, love contract or ISWAK?
I mean where the main girl and the main guy kinda hate eachother but throughout the story they get to know eachother better etc..~?

hope someone can help!XD
thanx in advance!~~ :cheers:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 24th, '07, 08:32

leadfreaky wrote:I've watched some cdramas and I have a question [coz I'm not that into cdrama..til now!XD]:

Is there a similar drama like "Why Why Love", "Corner with Love", Magicians of Love", Devil beside me, love contract or ISWAK?
I mean where the main girl and the main guy kinda hate eachother but throughout the story they get to know eachother better etc..~?

hope someone can help!XD
thanx in advance!~~ :cheers:
What you discribed is pretty much the standard TW idol drama formula.

It all started with Meteor Garden (still worth checking out if you haven't seen it)
the most current of that formula are Romantic Princess and Sweet Relationship (More in the former than the latter).

moniklim

Post by moniklim » Nov 24th, '07, 09:08

ISWAK still the best chinese drama

knuts

Re: Requesting special suggestions

Post by knuts » Nov 24th, '07, 16:18

Dagorlad wrote:I require a mature opinion.

I am looking for MODERN especially C or TW drama (And all Asian dramas, really) that have main characters who are NOT teenagers. I see many exited suggestions here, and then when I go look at the reviews, I find that it is a story about high school teenagers. My friends and I who watch these are all in our 30's. We are not interested in high school drama. Can anyone suggest C or TW drama with adult characters?

"Secret Lovers"
"Crazy for You"
"All in"

~D
too bad, no response ....so far
I wouldn't mind some recommendations myself of modern drama's that are not based on manga's and not about or with students.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 26th, '07, 04:36

knuts wrote:

"Secret Lovers"
"Crazy for You"
"All in"

~D
I wouldn't mind some recommendations myself of modern drama's that are not based on manga's and not about or with students.
K-dramas have more mature people in their dramas. They tend to have older cast. Few of their casts are under 20. Though tend to be too melodramatic for my tastes

JDrama has quite a few in that area as well (the older ones were true classics, but most focus is on the younger dramas). Recently, ones of note are more comedic, though still good. Such as Hotaru no Hikari and Haken no Hinkaku. Iryu is also quite decent

TWdramas' modern dramas are all idol dramas now, there are some dramas which are more mature dramas, but they don't have high profile cast and are not really accessible outside TW because they are not mainstream. Tho White Tower was fairly high profile and you can probably find it.

CDramas are similar, tho there was a couple of popular comedies, but I don't really follow it... sorry.

knuts

Post by knuts » Nov 26th, '07, 09:21

auroragb wrote:
knuts wrote:

"Secret Lovers"
"Crazy for You"
"All in"

~D
K-dramas have more mature people in their dramas. They tend to have older cast. Few of their casts are under 20. Though tend to be too melodramatic for my tastes

JDrama has quite a few in that area as well (the older ones were true classics, but most focus is on the younger dramas). Recently, ones of note are more comedic, though still good. Such as Hotaru no Hikari and Haken no Hinkaku. Iryu is also quite decent

TWdramas' modern dramas are all idol dramas now, there are some dramas which are more mature dramas, but they don't have high profile cast and are not really accessible outside TW because they are not mainstream. Tho White Tower was fairly high profile and you can probably find it.

CDramas are similar, tho there was a couple of popular comedies, but I don't really follow it... sorry.
auroragb, thank you for your reply and recommendations.
No wonder I have a hard time finding Angel, a non-idol T-drama of one year ago.
Will check out the Japanese one you mentionned. Thanks again :)

htv06

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE CHINESE DRAMAS

Post by htv06 » Dec 12th, '07, 00:49

My favorite Taiwanese dramas are:

Love Contract
Hana Kimi
Smiling Pasta - MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!
Devil Beside You - AWESOME MOVIE !!!!
Silence - I NEVER CRIED SO MUCH!!!
Toyko Juliet
Romantic Princess (I like the beginning, but I hate the ending!)

There are more i do want to watch, but there is no eng. subs. :( So, I'm waiting.
Corner With Love & Mars

I watched all the one you watched, except for Lavendar. I'll start it tonight and see if I like it. :)

JadedAngel wrote:Recommend your favorite Chinese Dramas and/or look for recommended Cdramas here.
Future threads requesting recommendations will be merged.
Thanks.

All Genres' Recommendations
Jdrama Recommendations
Kdrama Recommendations

i'm not sure why a sticky was never started for the chinese section. but lately, i've seen a lot of cdramas, hkdramas, twdramas, etc. being released, and i'm very certain you all have recommendations.

so let the chinese drama pride shine through. let us know which chinese dramas are your favorites, or at least ones you'd recommend!

:D

---- added by jholic

Hey, can anyone recommend any good Chinese dramas, more particularly Taiwanese dramas? Since I didn't see this topic here like in the j-dramas/k-dramas section I figured that I'd start one. I've only recently begun to get away from j-dramas and k-dramas, and need to find a place to start. So far I've only seen:

1) Mars - Which is my absolute favorite! :notworthy:

2) Lavender - Not the best or most interesting, but I still liked nonetheless... :thumleft:

3) Meteor Garden - which I love! This is hilarious... :rofl:

and

4) Love Contract - only just started watching this, so I don't know what to think of it yet, is it worth watching? I do love the theme song though. :lol

Can anyone suggest any others? I'm itching for more stuff to download! :lol

:tv:

Litoru

Post by Litoru » Dec 15th, '07, 11:59

I would need some recommendations, and I've read some of yours, but I don't know if that is what I'm looking for ^^

I'm more into Jdrama, so I have no whatsoever experience in cdrama, and that is what I need.

My uncle who has studied Chinese for a couple of years, arrived home from China one year ago, and the other day he noticed that he needs to listen more to Chinese movies and such to keep practicing and not forget everything. However, he knows all the movies by heart that he bought in China and needs something new -like a cdrama! :D

I'm just looking for some Cdrama, not too long, not too short and with an ok story :) As I said, it's mainly for listening practice and studying.

Thank you so much for your help ^_^

balloons

Post by balloons » Dec 20th, '07, 06:28

Litoru wrote:I would need some recommendations, and I've read some of yours, but I don't know if that is what I'm looking for ^^

I'm more into Jdrama, so I have no whatsoever experience in cdrama, and that is what I need.

My uncle who has studied Chinese for a couple of years, arrived home from China one year ago, and the other day he noticed that he needs to listen more to Chinese movies and such to keep practicing and not forget everything. However, he knows all the movies by heart that he bought in China and needs something new -like a cdrama! :D

I'm just looking for some Cdrama, not too long, not too short and with an ok story :) As I said, it's mainly for listening practice and studying.

Thank you so much for your help ^_^
Hey Litoru! You might want to try out Huan Zhu Ge Ge/My Fair Princess/Princess Returning Pearl if your uncle hasn't known it by heart yet :P It is quite an old show but the storyline is pretty interesting and the characters are very vibrant. Genre-wise, it should be classified as romance, comedy and adventure. Not to mention, the Chinese spoken in there is proper Chinese with no slangs :) It should be quite good for practice given that the main character is someone who is being educated in chinese literature and you get a couple of tang poems recited numerous times. I learnt some ancient literature in there myself :)

celebgil05

Post by celebgil05 » Dec 20th, '07, 06:56

LOVE Magicians of Love. Top Taiwanese fav. Second would have to be Devil Beside You, and Why Why Love which is very similar. Also, Game About Love, Prince Turns into Frog <3

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Dec 20th, '07, 07:09

knuts wrote: No wonder I have a hard time finding Angel, a non-idol T-drama of one year ago.
Will check out the Japanese one you mentionned. Thanks again :)
Really? I have Angel and I had no problem finding or downloading it. You just need to search the name on the right tracker site.
auroragb wrote: TWdramas' modern dramas are all idol dramas now, there are some dramas which are more mature dramas, but they don't have high profile cast and are not really accessible outside TW because they are not mainstream. Tho White Tower was fairly high profile and you can probably find it.

You mean hard to find right? Because they are usually really hard to track down without buying the DVDs or VCDs but they are in no way similar to Taiwanese dramas. They are usually serious life dramas... usually... :whistling:

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Dec 20th, '07, 13:13

Puppet Princess wrote:
auroragb wrote:TWdramas' modern dramas are all idol dramas now, there are some dramas which are more mature dramas, but they don't have high profile cast and are not really accessible outside TW because they are not mainstream. Tho White Tower was fairly high profile and you can probably find it.

You mean hard to find right? Because they are usually really hard to track down without buying the DVDs or VCDs but they are in no way similar to Taiwanese dramas. They are usually serious life dramas... usually... :whistling:
I agree with this sentiment. All TWDramas in here are idol dramas because that's what being posted/wanted here. But as of CDramas, they're not that rampant, though. CDramas are flooded with wuxia / historical dramas lately.

JlovesVan

best and worst

Post by JlovesVan » Dec 20th, '07, 14:57

My favorite T-dramas: (not in order but Mars and DBY are by far my favorites!)

1.) Meteor Garden
2.) Devil Beside You
3.) Corner with Love
4.) Why Why Love
5.) ISWAK
6.) Frog into Prince
7.) Magicians of Love
8.) My Lucky Star
9.) Huan Zhu Ge Ge
10.) Mars

So-So dramas:
1.) Smile Pasta
2.) Tokyo Juliet
3.) MVP Valentine
5.) Hana Kimi

Hate with a burning passion:
1.) Meteor Garden II
2.) Meteor Rain
3.) Love Contract
4.) Peach Girl
5.) Marmalade Boy

fluxs

Post by fluxs » Dec 22nd, '07, 19:57

Hi guys,
any recommendations for new good taiwan dramas? I watched quite a few already like
meteor garden, love contract, devil beside you,mvp valentine, is there any new good ones out? i just started watching romatic princess which is ok after the first 2 eps...
Thanks!

RainieWolf

Post by RainieWolf » Dec 22nd, '07, 20:16

Ok so this is my first post i never really got this site so work with me here.....

I just started watchin ISWAK 2 or "they kiss again"
the first episode just came out and i already Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it got translated yet though O_O

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 23rd, '07, 05:50

RainieWolf wrote:Ok so this is my first post i never really got this site so work with me here.....

I just started watchin ISWAK 2 or "they kiss again"
the first episode just came out and i already Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it got translated yet though O_O
Same here. I started when I saw a RP video on YouTube. I followed that until the end and fueled my addiction with ISWAK. Finished that yesterday. Watching ISWAK2 and Devil Beside You.
ISWAK2 subbed can be found here http://www.overstream.net/view.php?oid=arumugl8urue
My first post as well.

Litt0BoBo

Post by Litt0BoBo » Jan 5th, '08, 05:31

I haven't watch much yet but here are my favorite Tw-Drama so far:
1) Frog Turns into A Frog
2) Devil Besides You
3) My Lucky Star
[ LOVE the couples in the dramas! Plus, the guys are SOOO cute so are the girls <333 :roll ]
4) Smiling Pasta
5) Why Why Love
6) Magicians Of Love

Actually... they are the only Tw-Drama I've watched so far and I just fell in love with them all :3 :wub: :w00t:

stars2die4

Post by stars2die4 » Jan 10th, '08, 01:52

DEVIL BESIDE YOU!!!!!

it's my first TWdrama so far... cos i usually watch the HK (TVB) dramas...

and i'm so TOTALLY IN LOVE with the series!!! everytime i hear the song "Li Xiang Qing Ren" it brings a certain warmth with it that puts an automatic smile on my face ^_^

this series just sparked my interest in watching TWdrama series... am like ADDICTED!! am on the way to getting Why Why Love & Love Contract& ISWAK =p

chiakisama

Post by chiakisama » Jan 10th, '08, 02:15

I randomly caught an episode of the Prince Turns into a Frog on tv, and I was hooked! After finishing that, Devil Beside You came out which was so much better and then I discovered ISWAK. So my favorites are:

1. ISWAK
2. ISWAK2
3. Devil Beside You
4. Bull Fighting
5. Prince Turns Into Frog
6. Sweet Relationship