[CDrama] Return Of The Condor Heroes (CCTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 10th, '06, 04:18

crazylife123 wrote:have the 17 minute clip translated...will do the timing/editing tonite...i'll try to get the clip with sub out by tonite.
thanks crazylife. another thing to keep me busy while ROCH is downloading. still got 30mins left. will seed for all once finished. my upload speed is around 450kb/s.

Post by Guest » Mar 10th, '06, 06:48

crazylife123 wrote:I'll sub this series when we get better quality...no point in doing this right now...I dont want to waste my time and the translator.

a lot of scene are cut too...so i'm waiting for the dvd release. :roll
Thank you. I appreciate it :wub: I've waited for so long that I don't wanna settle with a rmb, so I am not even downloading the current release. I'll wait for your dvd. When is the dvd going to come out?

clement

Post by clement » Mar 10th, '06, 06:53

alot of scenes are cut ... this is not the full version ?

camgackt

Post by camgackt » Mar 10th, '06, 10:52

I think a member posted that his/her speed was 450kb/s? that's like super fast. Despite the large number of seeds, I only get 6kb/s

Can't wait to watch the show... The various reviews and clips, videos have really made me salivate for more

watergenie

Post by watergenie » Mar 10th, '06, 14:45

Hi, do anybody knows how much the dvd and vcd cost in china(in sing dollars or ren ming bi)?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 10th, '06, 15:21

Here's the clip of 'liujazhuang' with english subtitles. Hope you guys like it. Much more dramatic with subs.

Thanks to 'Jean' for her translations!

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S903 ... E2NXMXESGX

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 10th, '06, 15:37

watergenie wrote:Hi, do anybody knows how much the dvd and vcd cost in china(in sing dollars or ren ming bi)?
It's 88RMB for first 24 ep http://www.joyo.com/shop/shop_product.a ... m9ggsm7mga
or 39 rmb for the HDVD version (78 total)
But shipping pretty much negates all savings ...

wuji33

Post by wuji33 » Mar 10th, '06, 16:06

so just a q, when there'l be sub-version avaialable erliest? just a q.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 10th, '06, 17:16

Who is watching this? Or are most people waiting for the subs to come out first?

I just finished a few episodes, and I must say the scenery & graphics are gorgeous. The opening theme song is beautifully sung (apparently by Zhang Jing Yin. I thought it was Han Hong cuz it sounded abit like her), and Liu Yi Fei suits the role of Xiao Long Nu.

Huang Xiao Ming.. hmmm he's looking a lil scruffy now :P Hope he'll look better as the drama progresses..

I actually have forgotten most parts of the storyline even though i read the original novel. So this is bringing back alot of memories.. :D

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 10th, '06, 19:17

furelise wrote:Who is watching this? Or are most people waiting for the subs to come out first?
I, for one, am patiently waiting for my DVD's to arrive. No point in DL lo-quality when I've already put in my order in ... But this means I've to wait for at least 10 days for the DVD's to arrive ...

dan99

Post by dan99 » Mar 10th, '06, 19:57

Those hoping to see the story play out onscreen will be disappointed, as the first few episodes skim through a number of events, only to be verbally re told by a character a little later.. this moves the story directly into focusing on the "meat" of the story, the two main characters where it slows down and continues from there. I noticed a number of romance oriented scenes added and a few others that nicely flesh the characters out more.

Beautifully filmed, but some not so good cg scenes, some of which aren't necessary. Colors are deep and vibrant, with beautiful lighting that you'd expect from a movie and not some cheap TV series, HK tvb dramas come to mind (no offense, but it's true). While the two characters are fleshed out more, the other characters were trimmed, such as the fight between North and West, which you walk into when they're fighting their last battle.

Don't expect the story to stop and have characters plan and plot, cause I haven't seen any, it only stops to further the relationship.. and some fights which are pretty well done and are adequate length. I eagerly wait for the second half and a few months for to see if some collector's edition dvd is released before I buy it. Those looking for a perfect adaptation of the original will probably be disappointed, but those who are looking for more romance added to the original, then this should suit you nicely.

Enjoy.

-Edit : It's stated as 41 episodes (cut from 55! WHY!?) which it labels beside the title at the end of the intro.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 10th, '06, 21:12

dan99 wrote:-Edit : It's stated as 41 episodes (cut from 55! WHY!?) which it labels beside the title at the end of the intro.
yes, but why do most chinese sites sell 48 vcds and the dvd as 7disks with 24 ep on each half ...

chenwei

Post by chenwei » Mar 10th, '06, 21:45

OK, I have completed the 1-24 torrent and just finished watching the first episode.

Story builtup seemed pretty weird, not fluent and almost deliberately rushed. (for example, the scene after the old man saves the girls)

the gfx looks promising (eventhough the rmb quality is utterly rubbish for it)

we really need some proper encoded divx/xvid ones, I personally wouldnt mind downloading 400 MB ones........

p.s. Can someone perhaps share the 24 - xx episodes torrent?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 10th, '06, 21:55

chenwei wrote:p.s. Can someone perhaps share the 24 - xx episodes torrent?
I think that the 2nd half ships 3/15?

chenwei

Post by chenwei » Mar 10th, '06, 21:58

ahhh, wasnt aware of that. thanks anyway ^^

wuji33

Post by wuji33 » Mar 11th, '06, 01:02

but it's okay anyway, look forward to the dvd quality + sub

yukichan

Post by yukichan » Mar 11th, '06, 03:30

chenwei wrote: Story builtup seemed pretty weird, not fluent and almost deliberately rushed. (for example, the scene after the old man saves the girls)
Yeah, I sat down to start watching it properly this weekend, and that bit looks like it was cut.
Spoiler talk about the cut:
I don't see how they can not show how Gou Er meets Ou Yang Fung and learns the 'Toad attack', and then the events that follow at Peach Blossom Island, as it's critical to the story. If all they really do is just mention it as in the vcd version that people have shared.. :x
I might hold off watching anymore, until the full version comes out. :cry:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 11th, '06, 04:37

yukichan wrote:
I don't see how they can not show how Gou Er meets Ou Yang Fung and learns the 'Toad attack', and then the events that follow at Peach Blossom Island, as it's critical to the story. If all they really do is just mention it as in the vcd version that people have shared.. :x
I might hold off watching anymore, until the full version comes out. :cry:
EH!?!? That's one of the pivotal elements in the development of Yang Guo's personality! Without it, the moral ambiguity within Yang Guo's character has a much weaker basis.

Each of Jin Yong's heroes has an encounter which provides a balance of good and evil perspective to the character. This is Yang Guo's! How can they take it out!? :x
Last edited by auroragb on Mar 11th, '06, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 11th, '06, 04:42

yea, that is very true, i am just hoping that the DVD version has the uncut version and better quality as well

dan99

Post by dan99 » Mar 11th, '06, 05:41

auroragb wrote:
dan99 wrote:-Edit : It's stated as 41 episodes (cut from 55! WHY!?) which it labels beside the title at the end of the intro.
yes, but why do most chinese sites sell 48 vcds and the dvd as 7disks with 24 ep on each half ...
Since I can't read chinese, I wouldn't know.. my understanding was that the dvd and vcds were released at the same time, at least that's what I saw on a website stating the release times. So I don't really expect the dvds to be much different from vcds. Also, the episode play times are low.. some clock in at about 35mins after you cut off about 5 mins from the intro and outro (40min play time).. if broadcasting time on tv is 1 hour.. I doubt there would be that many commercials, so perhaps it simply plays more on tv per episode making it the listed 41 eps, while the retail ones are the 41 eps recut to 48 eps instead.. I say this because where each episode ends on the files I have, are rather random, some end after critical events, some before, some during scenes.. not much sense can be make as to why each episode ends the way it does. I had another series where dvd rips had a shorter episode count then the vcds.. thinking I had a more uncut version, I calculated the time.. it came out the same.. which was proven when I watched it.. it was simply that the dvd rips were 5 to 8 mins longer in play time.

Personally.. I hoping I'm wrong and there truly will be an uncut/less cut version since there are scenes from the previews that I wanted to see, that I disappointedly found were cut out.

stormingblizzard

Post by stormingblizzard » Mar 11th, '06, 07:22

I skipped to episode 3 watched the introduction of Lui Yi Fei then turned it off. Now I'm waiting for those nicefansubbes :D I don't like Lui Yi Fei's dubbed voice!!! :x

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 11th, '06, 07:29

stormingblizzard wrote:I skipped to episode 3 watched the introduction of Lui Yi Fei then turned it off. Now I'm waiting for those nicefansubbes :D I don't like Lui Yi Fei's dubbed voice!!! :x
maybe you got used the person who dubbed ling'er voice in xian jian...LoL

what i wanted from this series was a lot and longer fight scenes...and they didnt disappoint me...the fight scenes are better and longer than past series...the ladies asked for more romance scenes...and this series offered that as well... :salut:

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 11th, '06, 07:39

crazylife123 wrote:
stormingblizzard wrote:I skipped to episode 3 watched the introduction of Lui Yi Fei then turned it off. Now I'm waiting for those nicefansubbes :D I don't like Lui Yi Fei's dubbed voice!!! :x

what i wanted from this series was a lot and longer fight scenes...and they didnt disappoint me...the fight scenes are better and longer than past series...the ladies asked for more romance scenes...and this series offered that as well... :salut:
Why did they dub her voice? :scratch:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 11th, '06, 07:58

furelise wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:

Why did they dub her voice? :scratch:
everyone voice was dubbed in xian jian...in roch...i think only huang xiao ming dubbed his own voice...they have to dub their voice due to the background noises...if watched some of the behind scene clips...you'll hear a lot of background noises...

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 11th, '06, 08:17

crazylife123 wrote: everyone voice was dubbed in xian jian...in roch...i think only huang xiao ming dubbed his own voice...they have to dub their voice due to the background noises...if watched some of the behind scene clips...you'll hear a lot of background noises...
Ohh :O i thought LYF's dubbed voice sounds more mature than her looks.. though i've not heard her real voice b4.. this is the first series of hers i'm watching.
And HXM can be loud when he goes "Gu Gu, Gu Gu!"... and "Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha" rofl the laughter's abit odd :lol :P

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 11th, '06, 08:24

furelise wrote:
crazylife123 wrote: everyone voice was dubbed in xian jian...in roch...i think only huang xiao ming dubbed his own voice...they have to dub their voice due to the background noises...if watched some of the behind scene clips...you'll hear a lot of background noises...
Ohh :O i thought LYF's dubbed voice sounds more mature than her looks.. though i've not heard her real voice b4.. this is the first series of hers i'm watching.
And HXM can be loud when he goes "Gu Gu, Gu Gu!"... and "Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha" rofl the laughter's abit odd :lol :P
i guess they want xln to have a mature voice...it fits her character more...imaging ling'er's voice on xln...it would be hilarious...LoL

extraminion

Post by extraminion » Mar 11th, '06, 09:17

crazylife

can u upload the last file again ? i cant dl due its excexx the bandwithd

if u can pls upload it again

thank you

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 11th, '06, 09:48

extraminion wrote:crazylife

can u upload the last file again ? i cant dl due its excexx the bandwithd

if u can pls upload it again

thank you
ep. 24 of roch? i didnt even download it myself...you could get it all on clubbox...my bandwidth was quite slow so i switched to clubbox

extraminion

Post by extraminion » Mar 11th, '06, 10:07

crazylife123 wrote:Here's the clip of 'liujazhuang' with english subtitles. Hope you guys like it. Much more dramatic with subs.

no

i'm looking this one :)

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 11th, '06, 10:33

crazylife123 wrote:Here's the clip of 'liujazhuang' with english subtitles. Hope you guys like it. Much more dramatic with subs.

can you share this file again, crazylife123 ?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 11th, '06, 11:40

alright guys...here's the clip with english sub again...i guess people download the clip like crazy. i've uploaded through megaupload...it should last for awhile...

again...thank you 'Jean' from Spcnet.tv for providing us with the translations.

I think i've messed up some of her translations...

for example...the word 'master'...i would replace with 'shifu'....should have use master in certain phrase/sentences...looks/sounds better that way...it's okay though...i'll make sure to make it better when i do start subbing episodes.

Translators: 'Jean'
Timing/Editor: 'crazylfie123'

***Note: Dont want to start on the sub for the episodes yet...I want to get better quality for this series. dont want to waste the translators time...it'll take the translator 2-3 hours to translate on one episode and 7-8 hours for me to do the timing/editing...

Click here to download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EN8ANXXU

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Mar 11th, '06, 18:07

I dunno if someone already posted it before or not but does anyone know the story of this series? is it like a continuation of legend of the condor hero?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 11th, '06, 18:21

azndgn26 wrote:I dunno if someone already posted it before or not but does anyone know the story of this series? is it like a continuation of legend of the condor hero?
it is a sequel to the legend of condor heroes.

heavenly sword dragon saber is the sequel to return of condor heroes.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Mar 11th, '06, 18:26

crazylife123 wrote:
azndgn26 wrote:I dunno if someone already posted it before or not but does anyone know the story of this series? is it like a continuation of legend of the condor hero?

o kool, thx!

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 11th, '06, 18:54

azndgn26 wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:

o kool, thx!
most likely heavenly sword dragon saber will be out in 2010...and Liu Yi Fei might star in it as well...she'll be only 22 years old...LoL

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Mar 11th, '06, 19:05

crazylife123 wrote:
azndgn26 wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:

o kool, thx!
most likely heavenly sword dragon saber will be out in 2010...and Liu Yi Fei might star in it as well...she'll be only 22 years old...LoL
man, she's gettin popular in all these lengendary dramas while being so young...

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 11th, '06, 19:08

azndgn26 wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
azndgn26 wrote:
o kool, thx!
man, she's gettin popular in all these lengendary dramas while being so young...
yeah...and many fans of other actresses dont really like that...they feel it's unfair to their actresses who has more experience and are much older but dont have the same equal opportunity...LYF's manager is doing a wonderful job.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 11th, '06, 19:34

crazylife123 wrote:
azndgn26 wrote:man, she's gettin popular in all these lengendary dramas while being so young...
yeah...and many fans of other actresses dont really like that...they feel it's unfair to their actresses who has more experience and are much older but dont have the same equal opportunity...LYF's manager is doing a wonderful job.
Fact of the matter is, the main character of these type of stories are invariably young. partially to appeal to the younger reader who are the chief audience for wuxia novels. So LYF or actress of similar age will be the key actresses used for the characters

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Mar 11th, '06, 22:15

auroragb wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
azndgn26 wrote:man, she's gettin popular in all these lengendary dramas while being so young...
Fact of the matter is, the main character of these type of stories are invariably young. partially to appeal to the younger reader who are the chief audience for wuxia novels. So LYF or actress of similar age will be the key actresses used for the characters
that's true....well we can't blame LYF fer havin such a talent with great appeal attractin millions of viewers. I'm a fan of hers and will support her all the way

extraminion

Post by extraminion » Mar 11th, '06, 22:48

thanks to crazylife for uploading the movie again

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 12th, '06, 00:28

azndgn26 wrote:
auroragb wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:yeah...and many fans of other actresses dont really like that...they feel it's unfair to their actresses who has more experience and are much older but dont have the same equal opportunity...LYF's manager is doing a wonderful job.
that's true....well we can't blame LYF fer havin such a talent with great appeal attractin millions of viewers. I'm a fan of hers and will support her all the way
yep, cant blame her for that. :wub:

btw. those that are downloading using BT, how many seeders do you guys see? its been up 3 days and i see ~200 seeders, i would have thought that there would be way more seeders than that. i have no problem seeing the peers though...they are popping up like ghosts....80,000+ of them

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Mar 12th, '06, 06:54

And you got to admit that LYF is also insanely cute. :wub:

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 12th, '06, 11:14

azndgn26 wrote:
auroragb wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:yeah...and many fans of other actresses dont really like that...they feel it's unfair to their actresses who has more experience and are much older but dont have the same equal opportunity...LYF's manager is doing a wonderful job.
yeah.. i agree with ur all...LYF really have a great talent... i already watch a lot version of ROCH such as ROCH 83(andy lau), 95(louis koo ), 98(richie ren) & even the anime version.. so all the story line are the same :whistling: :whistling: but i still watch ROCH 06 because of LYF :wub: :wub: ...
but one thing for sure.. the fight scene and all the flying thing are incredible...!!!! :thumright: :thumright: .. more better then all the ROCH version :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

reaperthedeath

Post by reaperthedeath » Mar 12th, '06, 11:23

Can someone cooperate with me to translate this drama? I can sync the subs

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Mar 12th, '06, 16:41

skachild wrote: yeah.. i agree with ur all...LYF really have a great talent... i already watch a lot version of ROCH such as ROCH 83(andy lau), 95(louis koo ), 98(richie ren) & even the anime version.. so all the story line are the same :whistling: :whistling: but i still watch ROCH 06 because of LYF :wub: :wub: ...
but one thing for sure.. the fight scene and all the flying thing are incredible...!!!! :thumright: :thumright: .. more better then all the ROCH version :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
although I dun remember watching any older versions of ROCH and even if I did, I still think this version is probably the best one. I was watching it & I was so amazed by the way she moved & the scenes were well done.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 12th, '06, 16:56

reaperthedeath wrote:Can someone cooperate with me to translate this drama? I can sync the subs
i have episode one translations...but i'm not going to sub it yet...i want better quality because i'm going to use hardsub...why? well...i dont want people to use the translator's sub...and i..myself dont appreciate it if some people sell our work on ebay...these subs are free...lets just keep it free.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 12th, '06, 16:57

Oh my gosh, I love this drama!

Although, I'm not a fan of Jin Yong series, I love this one. The fight scenes are awesome. Tho' I prefer more hand to hand combat and less CG. The love story is okay. (No matter what version it was, I still can't wrap my mind around the concept that he saw her as a platonic Gugu one day, and the next, she became his everlasting love.) Anyway, the main actors/actresses really brought the characters to life.

I love it. I can't wait for the next 26 episodes.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 12th, '06, 17:51

Kumaxell wrote:`I love it. I can't wait for the next 26 episodes.
Erm... unless there is a major change, the next batch should have 24 eps

dan99

Post by dan99 » Mar 12th, '06, 19:34

crazylife123 wrote:
reaperthedeath wrote:Can someone cooperate with me to translate this drama? I can sync the subs
i have episode one translations...but i'm not going to sub it yet...i want better quality because i'm going to use hardsub...why? well...i dont want people to use the translator's sub...and i..myself dont appreciate it if some people sell our work on ebay...these subs are free...lets just keep it free.
To each his/her own, so I'll just throw out my opinion... I usually prefer soft subs since I always seem to find spelling mistakes or more apparent grammar mistakes such as "I do it already" instead of "I did it already". Easily changed with softsubs...also helps when people decide to start changing the spelling of character names every few episodes.

While I don't condone selling of fansubs on ebay.. I'm sure they still would, regardless of how many "this is a free fansub" you put in the video because those who actually buy them probably couldn't get them online anyway or wanted them in vcd/svcd/dvd format with subs so they can play it on a set top box, but didn't know how/want to bother with re encoding.

Always appreciate subs regardless of type.. so a big thanks from me.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 12th, '06, 19:40

dan99 wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
To each his/her own, so I'll just throw out my opinion... I usually prefer soft subs since I always seem to find spelling mistakes or more apparent grammar mistakes such as "I do it already" instead of "I did it already". Easily changed with softsubs...also helps when people decide to start changing the spelling of character names every few episodes.

While I don't condone selling of fansubs on ebay.. I'm sure they still would, regardless of how many "this is a free fansub" you put in the video because those who actually buy them probably couldn't get them online anyway or wanted them in vcd/svcd/dvd format with subs so they can play it on a set top box, but didn't know how/want to bother with re encoding.

can't really do much on my part since the translators prefer hardsub. :salut:

i'll add in "This is free fansub! Get it free at d-addicts.com! If you bought this off ebay, you got ripped off!" that will draw some of their attention!

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 12th, '06, 20:35

crazylife123 wrote:
dan99 wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:

can't really do much on my part since the translators prefer hardsub. :salut:

i'll add in "This is free fansub! Get it free at d-addicts.com! If you bought this off ebay, you got ripped off!" that will draw some of their attention!
it would most likely get their attention but can they do anything about it? :mrgreen:

lijing

Post by lijing » Mar 14th, '06, 02:04

I heard from my friend that the dvd-rmvb version of the first 6 eps of condor heroes are out. Just wondering if anyone is going to sub it now, as there is a hq version of it?

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 14th, '06, 04:27

lijing wrote:I heard from my friend that the dvd-rmvb version of the first 6 eps of condor heroes are out. Just wondering if anyone is going to sub it now, as there is a hq version of it?
i just checked it out. the quality is a lot better but not actaul DVD quality. they just might wait til march 24 until the whole series come out or find and get it from someone reliable who went and bought the DVD.

XBattousaiX

Post by XBattousaiX » Mar 14th, '06, 06:39

Hey, im not sure if anyone mentioned it before in the lat 59 pages, but does anyone know the reason why they dubbed the voices of the actors? im just curious. I mean why cant they just use the real voices

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 14th, '06, 06:43

XBattousaiX wrote:Hey, im not sure if anyone mentioned it before in the lat 59 pages, but does anyone know the reason why they dubbed the voices of the actors? im just curious. I mean why cant they just use the real voices
It's not like any other modern series like Korean/Japanese/Taiwan/HK dramas where no technical equipments that used a lot of noise to interrupted the scenes...they used equipments such as fan blower to produce wind which makes a lot of noises. there are other background noises involved...

mmmodem

Post by mmmodem » Mar 14th, '06, 09:54

crazylife123 wrote:It's not like any other modern series like Korean/Japanese/Taiwan/HK dramas where no technical equipments that used a lot of noise to interrupted the scenes...they used equipments such as fan blower to produce wind which makes a lot of noises. there are other background noises involved...
That makes sense but then the natural response to that is why would they use such loud equipment. I've watched other wuxia dramas from taiwan and hk where they do use the actors voices. In hk, you rarely ever hear a dub in cantonese unless it's someone with a severe accent or the actor was too quiet and they're too lazy to reshoot the scene.

And what totally boggles my mind is series with Dicky Cheung in it. He speaks cantonese in all his dramas even though everyone else is speaking mandarin. They use his real voice in cantonese but when you switch over to mandarin, everyone else's voice is dubbed. How can they use his voice and not everyone else's? And no, it's not something he dubbed afterwards, you can tell.

Chor Lau Heung was the same way where half the actors were speaking cantonese. Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that mandarin shows are just dubbed. Gonna have to live it. Not enough mandarin viewers seem to care so the studios don't bother. I just think you lose a little something when you dub the voice. Wish I could hear LYF's voice for real.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 14th, '06, 14:57

mmmodem wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:It's not like any other modern series like Korean/Japanese/Taiwan/HK dramas where no technical equipments that used a lot of noise to interrupted the scenes...they used equipments such as fan blower to produce wind which makes a lot of noises. there are other background noises involved...
That makes sense but then the natural response to that is why would they use such loud equipment. I've watched other wuxia dramas from taiwan and hk where they do use the actors voices. In hk, you rarely ever hear a dub in cantonese unless it's someone with a severe accent or the actor was too quiet and they're too lazy to reshoot the scene.

And what totally boggles my mind is series with Dicky Cheung in it. He speaks cantonese in all his dramas even though everyone else is speaking mandarin. They use his real voice in cantonese but when you switch over to mandarin, everyone else's voice is dubbed. How can they use his voice and not everyone else's? And no, it's not something he dubbed afterwards, you can tell.

Chor Lau Heung was the same way where half the actors were speaking cantonese. Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that mandarin shows are just dubbed. Gonna have to live it. Not enough mandarin viewers seem to care so the studios don't bother. I just think you lose a little something when you dub the voice. Wish I could hear LYF's voice for real.
It's really a production cycle issue. HK dramas are generally shot in studio, same as TW stuff. Location shots are relatively few, so noise control is easier and dubbing in post is not as much work. Mainland dramas are shot mostly on location ('cause they have them ;) ) so it's not as easy to control and reshoot all the time and it's expensive to tie up actor after shooting to have them dub the whole thing again.

So, yeah, you effectively just have to live with it until the majority of the audience starts demanding higher quality

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Mar 14th, '06, 20:43

does anyone know when the subs will be out??
cause I really want 2 watch this serie :D

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 14th, '06, 21:36

fengyun wrote:does anyone know when the subs will be out??
cause I really want 2 watch this serie :D
when crazylife can get his hands on the DVD version... there is a "DVD version" on the internet but no one is absolutely sure its the actaul DVD.

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Mar 14th, '06, 23:36

this should be dvd file
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 15th, '06, 06:00

just go here, they have 1-9 so far of DVD:
http://bbs.cnxp.com/viewthread.php?tid= ... a=page%3D1

kamikazy

Post by kamikazy » Mar 15th, '06, 11:43

enjoying this series =]

kaisz

Post by kaisz » Mar 15th, '06, 12:21

why wait on the real dvd quality?
if u sub now and save it u can hardsub later on the real
the timing is only different on start and end

btw the links aboven me arent the real dvd...

wodeai

Post by wodeai » Mar 15th, '06, 15:27

of _the_fire_roots wrote:just go here, they have 1-9 so far of DVD:
i cant use the torrent
so anyone finished some ep please ul to zupload.com (dont ul to other such as FF YSI megaul or sendspace because they have been blocked for my dling) for me and other one who prefer to dl from your link
im waiting your kindness :lol

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 15th, '06, 15:46

kaisz wrote:btw the links aboven me arent the real dvd...
of _the_fire_roots's link is of the rmvb rip of the DVD, they are higher qual than the vcd rips because of the higher qual of the source material. But of course, they are not DVD iso's

hogarth

Post by hogarth » Mar 15th, '06, 21:07

of _the_fire_roots wrote:just go here, they have 1-9 so far of DVD:

http:/bbs.cnxp.com/viewthread.php?tid=692540&extra=page%3D1

I believe epi 10 is now out there (bbs link):

www.tsxz.com(神雕侠侣).10.RMVB.torrent (2006-3-15 21:44, 17.58 K)

Q
At btchina, there are two different rmvb files (for the 24 epis), one is 2.7 GB, the other one is 3.1 GB. Anyone knows the difference of those files?

http://search3.btchina.net/btsearch.php ... %C2&type=0

FYI
Someone wrote summaries of each epi (of ROCH 2006) at spcnet:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread. ... post472656

-

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 15th, '06, 21:47

hogarth wrote: Q
At btchina, there are two different rmvb files (for the 24 epis), one is 2.7 GB, the other one is 3.1 GB. Anyone knows the difference of those files?
i have no idea.... the VCD version i have was from here which is the 2.7GB one. i dont know what the 3.1GB is. looks like i will have d/l that too, wouldnt take that long, only1 hour.
the *.mp4 format of ROCH DVD Ep 1-2 rip has been released on the site i posted earlier.

hogarth

Post by hogarth » Mar 16th, '06, 19:45

Epi 11 & 12 (rmvb - dvd) is out at btchina:

http://search3.btchina.net/btsearch.php ... %C2&type=0

03-16 07:51 内地连续剧 ★圣堂之路★[03.16][国产][神雕侠侣][国语11-12][DVDR-RMVB] [讨论] [相关讨论] [相同] 455MB 27

EDIT:

At the bbs link it's already epi 14:

-

hogarth

Post by hogarth » Mar 16th, '06, 20:01

It's doubtful if it's really English subtitled (posting of chickenfeet):

http://www.sensasian.com/view/product.c ... ndor_hero/

-

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 16th, '06, 21:53

hogarth wrote:*
It's doubtful if it's really English subtitled (posting of chickenfeet):

-
theres is a chance that it has english subs, i am just worried about the quality

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 16th, '06, 21:57

of _the_fire_roots wrote:
hogarth wrote:It's doubtful if it's really English subtitled (posting of chickenfeet):
-
theres is a chance that it has english subs, i am just worried about the quality
I think we'll have to wait for dan99 to give his report on the DVD when he gets it, unless someone on SPCnet reports on it first. But seems that no one on either forum has actually gotten a copy of the TaiSeng DVDs

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 16th, '06, 22:15

auroragb wrote:
hogarth wrote:It's doubtful if it's really English subtitled (posting of chickenfeet):
-
I think we'll have to wait for dan99 to give his report on the DVD when he gets it, unless someone on SPCnet reports on it first. But seems that no one on either forum has actually gotten a copy of the TaiSeng DVDs
is the TaiSeng DVD avaiable at yesasia?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 16th, '06, 22:24

auroragb wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote:theres is a chance that it has english subs, i am just worried about the quality
is the TaiSeng DVD avaiable at yesasia?
Yesasia's version is Taiseng version, I think it's where dan99 ordered from

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 16th, '06, 23:36

yea, i know lots of other ppl (mainly from spcnet and AF) that ordered from yesasia, a few others got it from tigercool

bluedevil311

Post by bluedevil311 » Mar 17th, '06, 04:57

Is part 2 for ROCH out yet ???