Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[CDrama] Return Of The Condor Heroes (CCTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
powershota
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr 7th, '06, 20:17

Post by powershota » Jun 22nd, '06, 17:55

^^ that's such crap :( I dont know how to continue watching the series now. I don't have good internet connection do bittorrent dls.

sparkled_silver
Posts: 25
Joined: Jun 19th, '06, 20:29

Post by sparkled_silver » Jun 22nd, '06, 20:06

which episodes are you on? =) I have the DVD so i can make summaries? well it depends becuase i didn't think HXM did a good job >.<" and i waitied so long for this series to come out too.

powershota
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr 7th, '06, 20:17

Post by powershota » Jun 22nd, '06, 21:16

sparkled_silver you're a sweetheart. :wub: thanks for your offer. don't worry about the summary -- i have seen so many of other RoCH versions, so I know the story very well. it's just that I wanna watch how the actors/actresses perform in this drama.

personally i think TVB RoCH '95 with Louis and Carmen -- it's the ultimate classic for me. but this China's version is really impressive! I love the sceneries and the music -- the plots carry itself very well. HXM is quite good as YG actually -- I think he has that charisma to be the great Hero. and i think he is so freakin HOTT with that musky white hair after 16years. lol

sparkled_silver
Posts: 25
Joined: Jun 19th, '06, 20:29

Post by sparkled_silver » Jun 22nd, '06, 21:23

^ haha thanks

and same. I grew up watching the 95 version so i like it the best. and yeeep =) i think he looks good 16 years later. but during one or two episodes his face got like balloon round O_O. heard it was becuase of too little sleep.

yeah and he couldnt really deplict the younger YG as well.

spikie
Posts: 5
Joined: Jun 13th, '06, 16:38

return of the condor hero 2006

Post by spikie » Jun 25th, '06, 15:00

do any1 know the artist or title of this song or where i can download it. ty
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ondor+hero

AiQuac
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 10th, '06, 12:10

Post by AiQuac » Jun 25th, '06, 15:05

i would suggest F.I.R. - Our love

but not that sure, haven't heard it for a long time

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Re: return of the condor hero 2006

Post by habukie » Jun 25th, '06, 15:06

spikie wrote:do any1 know the artist or title of this song or where i can download it. ty
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ondor+hero
please use this threadto find existing threads instead of making new threads. btw, the info you want has already been posted in the ROCH 2006 thread many times. it's also at the very beginning of the video if you look closely. that song is by FIR - Qian Nian Zhi Lian (Thousand Years Of Love). just read through the thread for more info.

merged.

sync78
Posts: 1
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 11:03

Post by sync78 » Jun 25th, '06, 15:45

This is a new request, pretty sure no ones asked for this song.
Anyone know the name of the song or where I can download it?

In episode 22,23 it plays halfway through, its a soft eery song about the rain.
It is NOT in the OST.

If anyone can help it would be mucha ppreciated.

spikie
Posts: 5
Joined: Jun 13th, '06, 16:38

Post by spikie » Jun 25th, '06, 16:49

thanks for the info, can some1 upload FIR - Qian Nian Zhi Lian (Thousand Years Of Love), i look tru this thread and all of them has expired.

spikie
Posts: 5
Joined: Jun 13th, '06, 16:38

Post by spikie » Jun 25th, '06, 19:30

i want the mp3 not the video. ty

chiisana_tantei
Posts: 40
Joined: May 2nd, '04, 23:07

Post by chiisana_tantei » Jun 25th, '06, 19:36

spikie wrote:thanks for the info, can some1 upload FIR - Qian Nian Zhi Lian (Thousand Years Of Love), i look tru this thread and all of them has expired.
Here the recent upload by crazylife123-san...
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... htm#477960

User avatar
kyoko4eva
Posts: 5
Joined: Mar 5th, '05, 17:12
Location: Home

Post by kyoko4eva » Jun 26th, '06, 09:35

those with the dvdrips can cut out the starting theme and ending theme ar? ( i mean da video not mp3)
i wan leh! miss the scenes ....
if possible, include hardsubbed lyrics

Straywolf
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 5th, '06, 21:05

music video Qian Nian Zhi Lian (Thousand Years Of Love)

Post by Straywolf » Jul 5th, '06, 21:07

I love that song and the music video is well done too! Does anyone know if there is a high quality version of that video available somewhere?

silverwolf0
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 29th, '06, 04:42

Post by silverwolf0 » Jul 5th, '06, 22:28

does anyone know if there is a cantonese dub for return of the condor heroes 2006 yet? I've seen several places that list the vcd version as mandarin/cantonese but they don't specify if that really is the language options on it.

mister
Posts: 51
Joined: Jan 31st, '06, 01:41
Location: California

Post by mister » Jul 5th, '06, 22:41

hahah i am so certain that Return of the Condor Heroes is gonna make it to Chinese Series of the Month!!!! everybody vote for it !!!!!

sharada
Posts: 12
Joined: Jul 6th, '06, 17:51

download ROCH

Post by sharada » Jul 6th, '06, 17:56

Can somebody please teach me how to download a torrent and how to use it? Because I want to download ROCH and watch it, but I don't know how.

User avatar
dantruon
Posts: 35
Joined: May 3rd, '05, 01:48

Re: download ROCH

Post by dantruon » Jul 7th, '06, 18:17

sharada wrote:Can somebody please teach me how to download a torrent and how to use it? Because I want to download ROCH and watch it, but I don't know how.
dude, its gonna be a fun ride, but let start with www.google.com

sharada
Posts: 12
Joined: Jul 6th, '06, 17:51

Re: download ROCH

Post by sharada » Jul 7th, '06, 18:53

dantruon wrote:
sharada wrote:Can somebody please teach me how to download a torrent and how to use it? Because I want to download ROCH and watch it, but I don't know how.
dude, its gonna be a fun ride, but let start with www.google.com
Ok. Now what? :scratch:

User avatar
dantruon
Posts: 35
Joined: May 3rd, '05, 01:48

Re: download ROCH

Post by dantruon » Jul 8th, '06, 01:44

sharada wrote:
dantruon wrote:
sharada wrote:Can somebody please teach me how to download a torrent and how to use it? Because I want to download ROCH and watch it, but I don't know how.
dude, its gonna be a fun ride, but let start with www.google.com
Ok. Now what? :scratch:
type bittorrent in the search engine and hit the search button.

User avatar
abcd99
Posts: 637
Joined: Mar 23rd, '06, 01:57
Contact:

Post by abcd99 » Jul 8th, '06, 01:52

How to download a torrent:

1. Install this program (choose the one called "Installation Program"):
http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

2. Download the torrent file and open it with the program you just installed.

Most likely you don't need to do anything else. Just wait for a day or two for each episode. Then, you can watch it after the download completes.

sharada
Posts: 12
Joined: Jul 6th, '06, 17:51

Post by sharada » Jul 8th, '06, 15:38

abcd99 wrote:How to download a torrent:

1. Install this program (choose the one called "Installation Program"):
http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

2. Download the torrent file and open it with the program you just installed.

Most likely you don't need to do anything else. Just wait for a day or two for each episode. Then, you can watch it after the download completes.
Thanks, but what does it mean by inactive.... does that mean it's not downloading? And how long will it take to download? what does "queued" mean? And if I exit do I have to start the download all over again?

OneToN
Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 16th, '06, 04:42

Post by OneToN » Jul 12th, '06, 04:58

silverwolf0 wrote:does anyone know if there is a cantonese dub for return of the condor heroes 2006 yet? I've seen several places that list the vcd version as mandarin/cantonese but they don't specify if that really is the language options on it.
the cantonese dubbed have just been release... its only in vcd rite now.. should wait for the dvd version...

User avatar
fatnoob
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 13th, '06, 21:13
Location: Canada

Post by fatnoob » Jul 13th, '06, 21:23

lui yi fei is so cute in this drama.

sharada
Posts: 12
Joined: Jul 6th, '06, 17:51

I wish I could see it!!!!

Post by sharada » Jul 13th, '06, 23:35

I really want to see it, but I don't think my torrent thing is working right.

seryeplease
Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 11th, '06, 09:56
Location: philippines

Post by seryeplease » Jul 18th, '06, 12:45

errrrrrrr, hi? i really like this drama (based on some clips and mvs i've seen)---> i haven't really watched it though hehehehehe, i've been wanting to download this for quite some time now BUT before i decide on that, i just have to know........ if you know...its a happy ending or not.... ;p errrrrrrrrr, pm me.. :D

so yeah spoil me pweaaaaaaaaaase, help me on this one.... thanks!!!

sharada
Posts: 12
Joined: Jul 6th, '06, 17:51

Post by sharada » Jul 18th, '06, 14:16

fatnoob wrote:lui yi fei is so cute in this drama.
yes, but I really pity her because she's so naive in this drama....

User avatar
JojoGirl
Posts: 17
Joined: Mar 2nd, '04, 23:26

Post by JojoGirl » Jul 24th, '06, 05:54

OneToN wrote: the cantonese dubbed have just been release... its only in vcd rite now.. should wait for the dvd version...
is the complete set dubbed in cantonese availabel for download? anyone know where I can download?

seryeplease
Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 11th, '06, 09:56
Location: philippines

Post by seryeplease » Jul 24th, '06, 10:53

errrrrrrrrr, someone help me with my predicament pweaaaaaaaaaaaaaase....

Jamie(JJ)(^ _ ^)
Posts: 25
Joined: Jul 18th, '06, 21:18
Location: USA

Post by Jamie(JJ)(^ _ ^) » Jul 27th, '06, 02:39

Who plays the guy? Wow all these new people I don't recognize these days.... hehe. I need to watch more movies/series =)


http://hk-fanatic.blogspot.com

User avatar
Fieryshadow
Posts: 73
Joined: Jul 16th, '06, 23:40
Location: Heaven

Post by Fieryshadow » Aug 1st, '06, 04:39

hmm is it a happy ending? (yes or no) :D cuz im only up to Ep. 12 right now... and i still have a bit to dl before im near 33, although i think there are 40-something episodes...

crazyazzfoo
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 1st, '06, 17:16

Post by crazyazzfoo » Aug 1st, '06, 17:20

can some1 upload FIR - Qian Nian Zhi Lian (Thousand Years Of Love) again please cause the most recent one seems to have expired already. thanks alot and sorry for the trouble :D

suparstarx
Posts: 39
Joined: Mar 5th, '04, 07:17

Post by suparstarx » Aug 2nd, '06, 13:51

Can anybody give me a list of all the cast?

The woman that plays Li Mo Chou is kinda hot. :wub:

daydee
Posts: 8
Joined: Aug 4th, '06, 06:37

Post by daydee » Aug 4th, '06, 06:45

I've been looking everywhere for MV of Jiang Hu Xiao, ending OST of thiis drama, either sung by Emil Chou Hua Chien, solo or with others. Can somebody help upload it, , please??? Anykind of file hosting is ok with me.

Thanks a lot.

suparstarx
Posts: 39
Joined: Mar 5th, '04, 07:17

Post by suparstarx » Aug 4th, '06, 07:08

daydee wrote:I've been looking everywhere for MV of Jiang Hu Xiao, ending OST of thiis drama, either sung by Emil Chou Hua Chien, solo or with others. Can somebody help upload it, , please??? Anykind of file hosting is ok with me.

Thanks a lot.
It's on Emil Chau's Rain Men album. You can get it on fantasticsuperclub.com

daydee
Posts: 8
Joined: Aug 4th, '06, 06:37

Post by daydee » Aug 4th, '06, 10:17

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have this Rain album. :) What I am looking for is its MV/MTV.
I love this song, Jiang Hu Xiao, even before I watch this series. After watching it, I love it even more.

hottie
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 14th, '06, 20:39

Post by hottie » Aug 14th, '06, 20:43

can someone tell me the ending please..gosh i'm dying to know...just barely found this forum out..ehheh... but yes, i'm totally dying to know the ending...its okay i haven't finish watchin it....but i'm dying to know what happen at the end..is condor hero going to find XLN his wife? gosh...she's been gone soo long? i'm at episode 36...no more episode to watch that's why... just spoil me w/the ending..thanks..i've been reading post..but don't haven any ending spoiler here>...

thanks folks...

besides.. This 2006 one is way better than the 95 one w/carmen...

User avatar
Fieryshadow
Posts: 73
Joined: Jul 16th, '06, 23:40
Location: Heaven

Post by Fieryshadow » Aug 15th, '06, 07:21

hottie wrote:can someone tell me the ending please..gosh i'm dying to know...just barely found this forum out..ehheh... but yes, i'm totally dying to know the ending...its okay i haven't finish watchin it....but i'm dying to know what happen at the end..is condor hero going to find XLN his wife? gosh...she's been gone soo long? i'm at episode 36...no more episode to watch that's why... just spoil me w/the ending..thanks..i've been reading post..but don't haven any ending spoiler here>...

thanks folks...

besides.. This 2006 one is way better than the 95 one w/carmen...
YG finds XLN in a underwater cave in Passionless Valley, YG and XLN goes to XiangYiang to stop the mongols, there they save Guo Xiang and then they leave forever...

User avatar
kali4niaguy
Posts: 165
Joined: Sep 28th, '04, 19:00
Location: :D

Post by kali4niaguy » Aug 15th, '06, 07:42

does anyone remember that episode where XLN and Cho-Bu-Tong were stuck in the cave with all those poisonous spiders and XLN drew a circle and a square at the same time with different hands? I was wondering, has anyone ever tried that??? I always wonder that everytime I see that episode. :scratch:

gudnuf4u
Posts: 4
Joined: Sep 11th, '05, 04:22

Post by gudnuf4u » Aug 15th, '06, 07:46

yes I tried that when I was a kid...not possible LOL..first time I ever watch the series was the old Hong Kong version in the 80s .....I spent many days on paper trying....the good old days...now all I do is go to work and get drunk lol

xtig3r
Posts: 21
Joined: Aug 16th, '06, 11:55
Location: Atlanta

Post by xtig3r » Aug 16th, '06, 14:05

Hi I'm new to the site and just downloaded Return of Condor Heroes.. and I'm loving it. I'm just wondering how soon the next episode usually releases after the next. I know it's an annoying question but I'm a fan of anime also and it's usually once a week per episode so I was wondering if it's almost the same for Chinese Dramas. Thanks in advance

poofs
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 29th, '05, 02:15

Post by poofs » Aug 19th, '06, 04:41

It varies depending on the subbers. Sometimes if they've got time on their hands the episodes come a few days after another, but if the subbers are busy it can be a week or more between episodes.

User avatar
Fieryshadow
Posts: 73
Joined: Jul 16th, '06, 23:40
Location: Heaven

Post by Fieryshadow » Aug 19th, '06, 04:56

xtig3r wrote:Hi I'm new to the site and just downloaded Return of Condor Heroes.. and I'm loving it. I'm just wondering how soon the next episode usually releases after the next. I know it's an annoying question but I'm a fan of anime also and it's usually once a week per episode so I was wondering if it's almost the same for Chinese Dramas. Thanks in advance
the series is done... but it takes awhile for the fansubbing team thats doing ROCH about a week per episode...

joe1234
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 4th, '06, 09:03

Post by joe1234 » Aug 19th, '06, 05:03

man, i wish they can releases 2 per week so i can finish before summer is over and school start. lol. thank you for doing such an outstanding subber team. Hope you guys continue to the best subber team on the net.

xtig3r
Posts: 21
Joined: Aug 16th, '06, 11:55
Location: Atlanta

Post by xtig3r » Aug 21st, '06, 03:59

Thanks a lot for the info!

User avatar
lainey
Posts: 18
Joined: Mar 17th, '05, 22:54
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by lainey » Aug 22nd, '06, 04:27

joe: 2 per week is ridiculous, ppl have lives u know...! even 1 per week is a lot O_O

ahh just curious, i went through all eigthy whatever pages and couldn't find a clear shot of the detailing on the white costume of the female lead (full length frontal shot). her costumes is sooo cool, i'd like to make it sometime.

User avatar
woaichenkun
Posts: 8
Joined: Nov 12th, '06, 17:54

Post by woaichenkun » Nov 19th, '06, 00:50

The thread for this is soooo long. :O

r4aymond
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 19th, '06, 04:45

Post by r4aymond » Nov 19th, '06, 04:51

i like the show alot no clue y maybe is just liu fei yi is so pretty and the drama is alrite is just her

kokakola
Posts: 21
Joined: Mar 19th, '06, 07:13
Location: Singapore

Post by kokakola » Nov 19th, '06, 16:53

from the long thread, seems like this drama is really good? I feel like buying! LYF is so pretty..

meen
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 21st, '06, 05:06

Cannot Download ROCH

Post by meen » Nov 21st, '06, 08:05

Help me.anybody can help me to reseed ROCH episode 26-41

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

My 2 cents

Post by yck » Jan 11th, '07, 13:54

I will try to be as objective as possible on my comments. First some background info so people know where I'm coming from. I was born in Hong Kong and started reading ROCH when I was around 11 years old. This is my favorite Jin Yong novel and I've read it tens (may be hundreds) of times. I still have the old 28-volume 1st version and the 8-volume (small binding) 2nd version. I've watched all the TV versions (except the Singapore one, and didn't finish the Richie Yen version).
Compared to the old versions, first the pros:
better scenery, better props, better looking supporting female characters, better special effects (albeit cheesy compared to Hollywood standards), some of the fight scenes are better
The cons:
the leading male character tends to over-act (he either acted like an arrogant jerk, or a complete moron), the story is unnecessarily altered (may be the uncut version is better), some of the fight scenes are WAY over the top (e.g. the umbrella fight scene which isn't even in the novel), a lot of the original dialog is changed, amateurish editing, and over-acting by some of the other characters.

I tend to go ballistic when the story is unnecessarily altered; hey if the writers think they can do a better job than Jin Yong then they wouldn't be writing screenplays now, would they? Anyone who has read his novels will notice he has excellent writing style (my grade school Chinese instructor actually recommended reading his novels). The dialog is always witty, succinct, lively, and not cliched unless intended. Here a lot of dialog was brutally mutilated and replaced by brain-dead, sh**** ones which completely altered the mood and atmosphere of the scenes, to the point where they became farcical, ridiculous, and totally unbearable. I like the 95 version because it is the most faithful to the novel; I also prefer Carmen Lee's looks and portrayal (Jin Yong once commented that she's the prettiest 'dragon girl' to grace the screen at the time). I did watch the 83 version first but still prefer the 95 version; there's nothing more enjoyable in watching a drama adaptation of your favorite novel than to see the characters sprung to life and met most of your expectations. BTW, I've read somewhere that Sing Tao Daily Newspaper rated this drama as one of the 10 WORST Chinese dramas in 2006, based on most of the reasons stated above.
Last edited by yck on Jan 12th, '07, 04:10, edited 2 times in total.

linhu
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 10th, '07, 07:26

Post by linhu » Jan 11th, '07, 17:54

hI
I HAVE THIS SERIES BUT I HAVENT STARTED TO SEE IT.I AM A NEW MEMBER HERE AND I WANTED TO KNOW CAN IT BE AS GOOD AS tHE LEGEND OF CONDOR HEROES OR XIAO AO JIANG HU ?

niennabee
Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 1st, '07, 18:41

Fan video

Post by niennabee » Mar 1st, '07, 19:23

Hello!

Anyway, I recently saw ROCH2006 and I know I'm late to the party. I enjoyed the drama but I thought it was too drawn out and then it ended kinda abruptly. So, I thought, hey maybe I'll just put together all the scenes I DID like... mostly the two leads (cuz they're pretty!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-cvM9lC5Go

It's the first time I've ever made one and I'm sorry it's soooo long. Then again, the drama was like 40 hours so the 8 minutes of video isn't so bad, is it? If anyone is still interested, take a look-see :-)

User avatar
K.T.Tran
Posts: 367
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:07
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by K.T.Tran » Apr 6th, '07, 11:36

I literally just finished this drama.

So glad I dled it. The cast was amazing and so was the story.

I'm happy to see that this remake was very good :cheers: :cheers:

Now I just gotta buy the one with Andy Lau in it and see how the original (i believe it is) was and how then compare the 2006 to this one :lol


The for sure thing will be that no other Miss Long will be as good looking as the one played by Liu Yi Fei :wub: :wub:

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

Post by yck » Apr 6th, '07, 20:25

K.T.Tran wrote:The for sure thing will be that no other Miss Long will be as good looking as the one played by Liu Yi Fei :wub: :wub:
I don't want to start a flame war; everyone has his/her opinion and I respect that. I just want to point out that not everyone agrees that Liu Yi Fei is the best looking Xiao Long Nu and has the best portrayal, and I'll just leave it at that.

kaida4
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 8th, '07, 04:25

Post by kaida4 » Apr 8th, '07, 04:38

I think everyone has made a good enough point of how pretty LYF is, but the fact remains that there will always be pretty actresses and it will only come down to their acting. Being pretty adds to the film, but to tell the truth, it won't add much. And with Xiao Long Nu's character, it shouldn't matter that she's pretty beyond belief; it matters that her gong fu can kick nearly everyone's butt.

This version wasn't too bad, if you look at it overall. It did however make it very obvious how much more special effects and better opportunities for scenery modern versions have compared to the older ones, but I actually think those things take away from the acting, which contributes to why viewers complain about some of the actors'/actresses' acting. Most of them over- or under-acted. They spent a ridiculous amount of time on basically every fighting scene, and there is just so many special effects with the fighting scenes a person can take when watching it before they wish they could fast forward the whole scene. I have more to say, but I think they can be considered trivial things when put in context of the series as a whole.

Of course, this is my opinion as a viewer who just finished the series about ten minutes ago.

P.S. Did anyone know who the actor was who played the part of Ye Lu Qi and his sister? They don't mention them two on the dramawiki page.

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Re: My 2 cents

Post by crazylife123 » Apr 8th, '07, 05:20

yck wrote:I will try to be as objective as possible on my comments. First some background info so people know where I'm coming from. I was born in Hong Kong and started reading ROCH when I was around 11 years old. This is my favorite Jin Yong novel and I've read it tens (may be hundreds) of times. I still have the old 28-volume 1st version and the 8-volume (small binding) 2nd version. I've watched all the TV versions (except the Singapore one, and didn't finish the Richie Yen version).
Compared to the old versions, first the pros:
better scenery, better props, better looking supporting female characters, better special effects (albeit cheesy compared to Hollywood standards), some of the fight scenes are better
The cons:
the leading male character tends to over-act (he either acted like an arrogant jerk, or a complete moron), the story is unnecessarily altered (may be the uncut version is better), some of the fight scenes are WAY over the top (e.g. the umbrella fight scene which isn't even in the novel), a lot of the original dialog is changed, amateurish editing, and over-acting by some of the other characters.

I tend to go ballistic when the story is unnecessarily altered; hey if the writers think they can do a better job than Jin Yong then they wouldn't be writing screenplays now, would they? Anyone who has read his novels will notice he has excellent writing style (my grade school Chinese instructor actually recommended reading his novels). The dialog is always witty, succinct, lively, and not cliched unless intended. Here a lot of dialog was brutally mutilated and replaced by brain-dead, sh**** ones which completely altered the mood and atmosphere of the scenes, to the point where they became farcical, ridiculous, and totally unbearable. I like the 95 version because it is the most faithful to the novel; I also prefer Carmen Lee's looks and portrayal (Jin Yong once commented that she's the prettiest 'dragon girl' to grace the screen at the time). I did watch the 83 version first but still prefer the 95 version; there's nothing more enjoyable in watching a drama adaptation of your favorite novel than to see the characters sprung to life and met most of your expectations. BTW, I've read somewhere that Sing Tao Daily Newspaper rated this drama as one of the 10 WORST Chinese dramas in 2006, based on most of the reasons stated above.
You mentioned that 95 stayed true to the novel. I thought this version did a good job as well. The series added a few scenes but that didnt take anything away from the novel.

As for the umbrella scene, it was added but that didnt hurt the storyline. It was a good fight scene which showed how LYF was capable of making those moves. Carmen will have an extremely difficult time executing those moves. Well, they use a double on her which they did a lot in ROCH 95, then she should be fine. There were so many scenes that were cut in 95 version as well but people still think it's the closest.

83' followed 1st edition...95 as well

98' followed 2nd...'06 followed a little bit of 2nd but more with third edition of the novel.

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

Re: My 2 cents

Post by yck » Apr 8th, '07, 06:49

crazylife123 wrote:You mentioned that 95 stayed true to the novel. I thought this version did a good job as well. The series added a few scenes but that didnt take anything away from the novel...There were so many scenes that were cut in 95 version as well but people still think it's the closest.

83' followed 1st edition...95 as well

98' followed 2nd...'06 followed a little bit of 2nd but more with third edition of the novel.
Again I'm not trying to start a flame war; there's already several on some other boards bet. fans of Carmen and LYF, so I'll stop making comments on their looks and different portrayal.

I'd like to point out that this version also cut a LOT of important scenes, much more so than the 95 version. The obvious ones that came to mind are at the beginning, the Mt. Huashan scenes, and especially at the end (and some I may have missed). IMO, the added scenes were totally unnecessary; only managed to make a good story more dragged and probably contributed to the extremely rushed ending. I also like the 95 version because a lot of the dialog are taken directly from the book word for word, based on reasons I mentioned above. I can understand that some people may not appreciate this if they haven't read the novel, or are watching this drama w/ English subtitles.

User avatar
K.T.Tran
Posts: 367
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:07
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by K.T.Tran » Apr 8th, '07, 07:38

I have the 95 version Viet dubbed...i believe. I'm aslo planning on buying the 83 version from Yesasia just to see which one I like most.


I haven't read the novel.......but is it only in chinese???

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Re: My 2 cents

Post by crazylife123 » Apr 8th, '07, 07:58

I'd like to point out that this version also cut a LOT of important scenes, much more so than the 95 version. The obvious ones that came to mind are at the beginning, the Mt. Huashan scenes, and especially at the end (and some I may have missed). IMO, the added scenes were totally unnecessary; only managed to make a good story more dragged and probably contributed to the extremely rushed ending. I also like the 95 version because a lot of the dialog are taken directly from the book word for word, based on reasons I mentioned above. I can understand that some people may not appreciate this if they haven't read the novel, or are watching this drama w/ English subtitles.
What was missing at the beginning? ... and at Mt. Huashan?

The ending was cut. They should have name the new greats but that was about it.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 501
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 01:51
Contact:

Post by ethidda » Apr 8th, '07, 09:21

I've only watched the 98 version... planning on watching the 95 version next. But I just wanted to say that there's an online translated version of ROCH at spcnet:

http://www.spcnet.tv/readingrooms/views ... ationID=10

It looks pretty good. I only skimmed the first page or so. The translator switches from present to past, but that's about it.

User avatar
foxhana
Posts: 139
Joined: Feb 25th, '06, 03:05

Post by foxhana » Apr 10th, '07, 09:12

is it really that bad? this show? was intending to watch it..

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Apr 10th, '07, 14:29

It was a good adaptation. I don't think that I've ever seen a "perfect" version. There are a lot of good elements, such as good sets, good action choreography, good battle scenes, and most of the characters were fairly well cast. Yes, most of the childhood stuff was omitted, but if you pay attention, it's actually fairly self contained.

I didn't agree with the actor choice for Yang Guo, tho. Overall, I'd give it an 8 of 10.

User avatar
foxhana
Posts: 139
Joined: Feb 25th, '06, 03:05

Post by foxhana » Apr 10th, '07, 17:56

so is there the raws available somewhere? i cant find it in DA. is the vcds or dvds released? if yes i might buy it. how many episodes are there in total?

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Apr 10th, '07, 18:23

There is only the e-subbed version on d-addicts.
The DVDs are sold just about anywhere that sells Chinese DVDs (on or off-line)

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

Post by yck » Apr 10th, '07, 18:39

foxhana wrote:so is there the raws available somewhere? i cant find it in DA. is the vcds or dvds released? if yes i might buy it. how many episodes are there in total?
OK, this is my last post on the topic; I don't want to get pulled into a drawn out debate. If you're not a die-hard fan of the novel, by all means go for it. The DVD version is available for purchase thru yesasia.com, but I suggest checking out the torrent first:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_38804.htm

or do a torrent search on 'Return of the condor heroes'. All 41 episodes are batched in 1 bundle; there's not that many seeds so it may take a while.

User avatar
foxhana
Posts: 139
Joined: Feb 25th, '06, 03:05

Post by foxhana » Apr 28th, '07, 15:17

ooo i see.. thanks alot. ^^ i've decided to download it. the versionon DA is english subbed, i dont wnat to have english subbed. the raws are available at btchina? is there a few versions there? any problems with audio or visual or anything probs with any of bt china version?

famousamoscooky
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 26th, '07, 04:45

Post by famousamoscooky » Jun 26th, '07, 04:50

are there any other chinese drama's similar to this one
-good kung fu (not the crappy type)
-good ending (main characters dont die....)
-good quality (up-to-date. not the very very old versions with crap quality)

i'm tired of watching these dramas with horrible endings and i want to find a good one to watch

quotie
Posts: 55
Joined: Sep 1st, '07, 14:03

Post by quotie » Jan 28th, '08, 20:09

Does someone knows where I can buy the prequel, sequel and ROCH itself?

It has to be dubbed in vietnamese and it should be the old ones, those from 1980-1986.
Andy Lau and Tony Leung where the actors at that time, and for the prequel, I don't know anymore.

My mother wants to buy these, so it would be nice if you could tell me where I could get these.

thanks in advance

User avatar
idarklight
Posts: 36
Joined: Apr 26th, '08, 20:42

Post by idarklight » Jun 11th, '08, 04:58

crazylife123 wrote:I have to get that jade bed for my future wife.... :mrgreen:
IT's not just a jade bed. A large portion of it was also because of the kungfu she practiced. It's called the Virgin Sword. Basically, she's suppose to have no emotions, which keeps her free of wrinkles and aging...lol

scypEr
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 21st, '04, 19:47

Post by scypEr » Jun 28th, '08, 12:40

I have a question.
I am DYING to find the song that they played like 50000000000 times in the drama.
Like.. I'm sure it's probably sang by Jane Zhang (the intro singer)..
It's a slow song..
And it goes like this subbed in the drama.

"The wind is here. The rain is here."
"I can't hear. I can't hear"

If that helped.. or if anyone knows where I can download the song.. >< Please tell~ :D
I've checked and it's not in the drama OST.. or in Jane Zhang's "The One" album :[

for.give_ness
Posts: 6
Joined: Jun 7th, '08, 04:32

Post by for.give_ness » Jun 30th, '08, 05:30


scypEr
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 21st, '04, 19:47

Post by scypEr » Jun 30th, '08, 06:38

thanks...
i got it to work.
but that's the intro song.. ><
im not looking for that..
it's actually a song played inside the drama.. like a LOT of times.. :(
thanks though!

for.give_ness
Posts: 6
Joined: Jun 7th, '08, 04:32

Post by for.give_ness » Jun 30th, '08, 23:34

lol i cant remember. the only song i remember playing inside the drama was the Everlasting Sorrow(inst) by Hamasaki Ayumi. but shes a japanese singer so thats prob not it.

......or was it My Dearest???idk

lovelygurl128
Posts: 7
Joined: Apr 9th, '08, 19:56
Location: heaven of love
Contact:

Post by lovelygurl128 » Jun 30th, '08, 23:47

I think all the version of Return of The Condor Heroes are good except the one with Richie Ren and Jacqueline Wu. It was horrible to me. I don't like it. Carmen Lee and Liu Yi Fei are all good actresses but each version of Return of Condor Heroes is different so we can't say that Carmen is better than Liu Yi Fei. Liu Yi Fei is younger and she will have more opportunities to improve her acting skills. We can't say that Liu Yi Fei's skills are under Carmen Lee's skills.

User avatar
idarklight
Posts: 36
Joined: Apr 26th, '08, 20:42

Post by idarklight » Jul 13th, '08, 22:37

scypEr wrote:I have a question.
I am DYING to find the song that they played like 50000000000 times in the drama.
Like.. I'm sure it's probably sang by Jane Zhang (the intro singer)..
It's a slow song..
And it goes like this subbed in the drama.

"The wind is here. The rain is here."
"I can't hear. I can't hear"

If that helped.. or if anyone knows where I can download the song.. >< Please tell~ :D
I've checked and it's not in the drama OST.. or in Jane Zhang's "The One" album :[
It's 欲水 (yu shui) by 齐豫 Qi Yu.
You can download it from Baidu mp3:
http://mp3.baidu.com/m?f=ms&tn=baidump3 ... %AE+&lm=-1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest