what was your "First" watched TW series..?

Discuss chinese drama series here.
xsnowangelx

what was your "First" watched TW series..?

Post by xsnowangelx » Oct 4th, '05, 19:36

i duno if this was posted be4 buh i was wondering what nationality is every1 here and what was the first TW series that you guys watched dat got u addicted :mrgreen:

as for me,im chinese and it was Meter Garden dat i first watched TW series... i feel in love wit F4 back then.. and was the first time i eva completely watched a whole TW series.. :lol buh then dat was it.. n neva watched any other TW show.. n now.. im addicted again.. because of Prince turn into Frog :wub: n Started wit a Kiss :w00t: ..n devil beside you :wub:...n now im tryin to get "the rose".. i dink it is called.. lol so wuh about u guys?

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 4th, '05, 19:44

the first TW series that hooked me was Huang Zhe Ge Ge I (that was 4 years ago)~ then II.................and then Meteor Garden.......

and pretty much i've been hooked on TW dramas ever since.

i'm not sure if there was "a first" TW series, but there was a thread about "your favorite" TW series in the Chinese Entertainment forum. :)

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Oct 4th, '05, 20:10

I'm American and my first TW series was Mars. :wub: I fell in love with it and from there it was Meteor Garden which really got me obssessed. And now I'll watch anythign with a TW label. :lol

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Oct 4th, '05, 20:11

Mine was Meteor Garden, I too fell inlove with F4, actually I'm STILL inlove with them. I can't wait till their next drama comes out. I hope some kind souls out there will sub it!!! :P

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Oct 4th, '05, 20:15

xKiMix wrote:Mine was Meteor Garden, I too fell inlove with F4, actually I'm STILL inlove with them. I can't wait till their next drama comes out. I hope some kind souls out there will sub it!!! :P
You too? I figured that after all this time, it would lessen some, but nope I'm as obsessed with them as ever! :lol

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Oct 4th, '05, 20:17

I'm American and the first TW drama I watched was Mars because it was one of my favorite manga. Then I watched Meteor Garden cause I really liked Barbie. :)

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Oct 4th, '05, 20:22

I believe HZGG 1 and 2 are Mainland productions, while 3 is Taiwan? I could be wrong. All three have definitely got Taiwan and Mainland stars/people collaborating in them, anyway. A great series of series. :P

If it's the very first Tw drama ever, I think my first was the Taiwan remake of the ancient wuxia story Legendary Twins, with Jimmy Lin and Alec Su. Awesome and fun series!

As for Tw idol dramas, the first was Meteor Garden! Then I went F4 hunting and was rather disappointed with Marmalade Boy, Poor Prince, Love Storm, etc, till Mars came along and saved the day. :wub:

Since Legendary Twins, I've seen quite a few Tw series. Some of them are lame beyond compare. But on the other hand, the good series are exceptional. :)

rinimeatballs

Post by rinimeatballs » Oct 4th, '05, 20:25

mentor garden, in 10th grade my friend told me about it, and i was like..oo that sound cool and then she brought me all these tapes, so i watch the first eps. about 3 years later i saw the whole thing with my friend telling me what was going on, 1 year after that i saw it with subs ^^ i fell in love with vaness wu >.< its the only tw drama ive fully watched. peach girl and maralame boy i havent fin.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Oct 4th, '05, 20:33

at the dolphin bay, but I can't say that I'm addicted. I enjoyed though

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Oct 4th, '05, 22:00

It was Meteor Garden. I loved it and love F4.

jewleeee

Post by jewleeee » Oct 4th, '05, 22:14

Meteor Garden!!!!!!!!!!!

kitsune714

Post by kitsune714 » Oct 5th, '05, 00:21

The first twdrama I ever saw was, of course, "Meteor Garden". I moved on to jdramas and kdramas but "The Outsiders" and "Mars" brought me back to twdramas. I've been kind of disappointed with some of the other F4 dramas--I couldn't make it through the first episode of "Love Storm", but I did enjoy "Marmalade Boy" (probably because I really enjoyed the manga)--but "Mars" was fantastic.

Lately, I've been watching "Devil Beside You", "Express Boy", and "It Started with a Kiss", all of which I'm enjoying very much. :wub:

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Oct 5th, '05, 06:34

rinimeatballs wrote:mentor garden, in 10th grade my friend told me about it, and i was like..oo that sound cool and then she brought me all these tapes, so i watch the first eps. about 3 years later i saw the whole thing with my friend telling me what was going on, 1 year after that i saw it with subs ^^ i fell in love with vaness wu >.< its the only tw drama ive fully watched. peach girl and maralame boy i havent fin.
You too? There is just something about Vanness. Sure, he didn't have nearly as big a role as Jerry, Barbie, and Vic, but I thought he was adorable and have been obsessed with him ever since. :wub:

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Oct 6th, '05, 00:31

Technically I'm from New Zealand, but I'm Chinese.
My first twdrama... Meteor Garden. To be honest I don't like tw dramas much, the tacky acting annoys me.

i3lu3fun

Post by i3lu3fun » Oct 13th, '05, 23:20

i'm malaysian.. and my first taiwan drama was "Mr. Fighting" a.k.a "Ge Dou Tian Wang". followed by others series, "MARS" - fell in love with Vic in this one, "Devil Beside You" is enjoyable, and now i'm following "It All Started With A Kiss" and "Wang Zi Bian Ching Wa" a.k.a "Prince Turns Frog" - Ming Dao is damn cute!!!!

misslazy

Post by misslazy » Oct 14th, '05, 13:25

oh man.. i think mine was meteor garden...

xsnowangelx

Post by xsnowangelx » Oct 14th, '05, 22:15

i3lu3fun wrote:i'm malaysian.. and my first taiwan drama was "Mr. Fighting" a.k.a "Ge Dou Tian Wang". followed by others series, "MARS" - fell in love with Vic in this one, "Devil Beside You" is enjoyable, and now i'm following "It All Started With A Kiss" and "Wang Zi Bian Ching Wa" a.k.a "Prince Turns Frog" - Ming Dao is damn cute!!!!
lol i noe wuh u mean.. i fell in love with MINGDAO in da starting da second episode of Prince turn Frog.. buh now im not as crazy.. more over MIKE HE cuz of DEVIL BesiDE yOU.. and JOE ChENg..cuz of It started wITH A KisS~ gosh.. i should control myself.. :mrgreen:

interestin.. seems like mostly ppl started with Metor Garden.. i thought ppl wouldve started watching earlier than dat :lol

pfl_fan

Re: what was your "First" watched TW series..?

Post by pfl_fan » Oct 15th, '05, 00:39

xsnowangelx wrote:i duno if this was posted be4 buh i was wondering what nationality is every1 here and what was the first TW series that you guys watched dat got u addicted :mrgreen:

as for me,im chinese and it was Meter Garden dat i first watched TW series... i feel in love wit F4 back then.. and was the first time i eva completely watched a whole TW series.. :lol buh then dat was it.. n neva watched any other TW show.. n now.. im addicted again.. because of Prince turn into Frog :wub: n Started wit a Kiss :w00t: ..n devil beside you :wub:...n now im tryin to get "the rose".. i dink it is called.. lol so wuh about u guys?
My first TW series was Meteor Garden. I want to see "Prince Turn Into Frog" too. Does any1 know where I can download it? Many thanx for the info.

laydeekira

Post by laydeekira » Oct 16th, '05, 05:13

Meteor Garden is my first one...I think. I really loved it. I knew F4 because of it. <33

chuchi

Post by chuchi » Oct 16th, '05, 10:19

my first watch tw series is meteor garden. i'm such a huge fan of f4 since then...

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Oct 16th, '05, 17:58

It seems a lot of us had Meteor Garden as their first Taiwan series. It's what tuned me into Taiwanese and Chinese series. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any that compared to it since.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Oct 16th, '05, 21:26

Princess of Pearl I&II (Huan Zhu Ge Ge I&II) then it was Romance In The Rain (Qing Shen Shen Yu Meng Meng) Similar castings

cetok

Post by cetok » Oct 18th, '05, 16:47

i think it was meteor garden..

kikkiko

Post by kikkiko » Oct 28th, '05, 03:22

I watched a couple of taiwanese shows when i was a kid, but i don't rememebr the titles for them. The taiwanese oldest show that i watched, that i actually remember the English title of would have to be Meteor Garden. I think that show got me addicted to Taiwanese dramas...after that series, I started watching taiwanese dramas all the time.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Oct 28th, '05, 03:43

azndgn26 wrote:Princess of Pearl I&II (Huan Zhu Ge Ge I&II) then it was Romance In The Rain (Qing Shen Shen Yu Meng Meng) Similar castings
same here. i watched Princess Returning Pearl I in like 4th grade or 5th grade, inl ike 6th grade i watched the sequel, and then Romance in the Rain totally rocked my world :-)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 28th, '05, 04:13

i was addicted to the music of F4 at first and then i found out they had a drama!!

so like most everyone else, my first tw drama was meteor garden. I own it and still watch it every then and now.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 28th, '05, 04:46

I believe it was Mars...not too sure

pohting_86

Post by pohting_86 » Nov 4th, '05, 18:24

i'm malaysian & i'm chinese....the 1st tw series i watch was Huan Zhe Ge Ge 1&2( 4 yrs ago),Meteor Garden,Poor Prince Taro, Marmalade Boy,Peach Gal,The Outsider I & II ,The Rose,Margic Rings,Devil Beside U,Mr Fighting,Nine Ball,The Prince who Turn Into A Frog & now Started wif a Kiss & Reaching For The Stars

cheerio_888

Post by cheerio_888 » Nov 7th, '05, 10:59

The first Taiwanese series I've watched was Meteor Garden, though they say that The Amazing Twins was the first Tsinovela (Chinese shows) shown here in the Philippines. As of now, I'm loving Prince Turns Frog. :wub:

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Nov 7th, '05, 11:11

Mars... because i wanted to see something Taiwanese once, I had no idea what it was about before I watched it......
And it pleasantly suprised me

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 7th, '05, 11:14

love contract. mike he. nice! :D
then mars, MG, peach girl and devil beside you. i like that lineup. :wub:

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Nov 7th, '05, 12:14

I'm Australian and my first TW drama was Peach Girl. Hmm...that didn't get me hooked.

With all this praising of MARS, anyone know a clubbox with it?

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 7th, '05, 12:21

My MVP Valentine! teh best

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 7th, '05, 12:29

~shinigami~ wrote:I'm Australian and my first TW drama was Peach Girl. Hmm...that didn't get me hooked.

sorry, i don't have a clubbox link for you, but looks like the eps are still seeded on d-addicts if bittorrent is ok.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

mars kicks royal ass! :lol

sharonfruits

Post by sharonfruits » Nov 7th, '05, 13:08

my first ever taiwanese series was 'meteor garden'..........then after that i was hooked on taiwanese seties.....than it was jp -drama...than k-drama......than it was tai drama...now i'm soooo crazy about japanese dramas

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Nov 7th, '05, 14:04

ironicwave wrote:
~shinigami~ wrote:I'm Australian and my first TW drama was Peach Girl. Hmm...that didn't get me hooked.

sorry, i don't have a clubbox link for you, but looks like the eps are still seeded on d-addicts if bittorrent is ok.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

mars kicks royal ass! :lol
Hopefully there'll be enough seeders left when I get back from my holiday. :D

ookamiki

Post by ookamiki » Nov 8th, '05, 13:06

my first taiwanese dorama was meteor garden, and it was my very first drama too...
It's because of it that i'm hooked to dorama today......

I know this serie suck a little ( because of the very bad acting ) but i can't help it .... I often watch an episode.... I'm addicted to the hanadan story ...

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 8th, '05, 13:16

Mine was Meteor Garden, too (also so far the only one). But only because I'm so hooked on Hana yori Dango that I couldn't resist checking on a drama that I didn't understand a single word of. ^^;
Not only do I think the acting could be better, the quality of visuals and sounds is also quite poor. According to the low budget, I guess they made the best of what they had.

rhap

Post by rhap » Nov 8th, '05, 13:28

My first TW drama was Meteor Garden...second and last was Mars...i also saw a little bit of MVP Valentine and Devil Beside You, i also wanted to wath The Outsiders but never got around to seeing it because of 'Full House' and various other Kdramas and Canto dramas and some Jdrama...

Even though i've only seen two, i guess compared to kdramas and Jdramas, TW dramas don't really cut it - especially acting wise - or maybe its just the TW dramas i've seen...

shukumei

Post by shukumei » Nov 15th, '05, 22:03

My first was Meteor Garden! when i first saw those 4 guys i was disgusted... they looked kind of gay to me back then... but then i slowly fell in love with vic! :P i love them now! i don't watch a lot of twdramas, mostly canto or korean but devil beside you got me hooked again... getting mars right now ^_^ i saw a little of it but it was in mando and i cannot understand so im trying this drama again... i already read the manga so i know exactly what happens =D

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Nov 15th, '05, 23:52

My first ever watched and finished TW series was Meteor Garden. Hehe, loved Vic in that one! ;D

aNiX

Post by aNiX » Nov 16th, '05, 04:04

I do not know my first series >_>. I was only young when i started it Probably like around 11 years old.
I watch all the mandarin series from channel 18 at 12pm and 7 pm because I have no source to get more. Plus, I didn't like it back then, I was forced by my parents. But about 4 years ago, I fell in love and I started to watch more than my parents. So yeah, about 9 years with Chinese drama and at least 4 or 5 years of mandarin school. I pretty much understand.. and can't really speak well, just decent. Wish I hadn't messed around when I was younger.

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » Nov 16th, '05, 04:12

the first twdrama i saw was meteor garden^^ i only saw the first and last eppie of MGII cuz i couldn't stand daoming si and sanchai not being together^^;; 2nd was Devil Beside You..which I luv (mike he is so cute w/ rainie <3)..and have watched soooo many times... rite now i'm watching it started with a kiss

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 17th, '05, 17:15

Being born in TW, I've grown up on TW drama.

The first drama that I can recall enjoying is YanYuMengMeng (Smoke-Rain-misty-misty, circa 1984?) and JiDuXiYangHong, tho I don't remember which came first. I still find that to be classic in it's force and novel for it's time. Of course, the genre's been done to death since then. I guess for you youngsters it would look ultra dated. Virtually all of the dramas in that period are crap tho, hence I generally refuse to remember them :lol

YanYuMengMeng was remade with Vicky Zhao and co, but I found that underwhelming from plot and acting view.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 17th, '05, 17:20

Not sure if it was a taiwan's production but I know it had Da S in it. She looked good in ancient clothing...She played as a demon in love with a human being...which it was prohibited. Not sure of the the title...

peach girl...
my mvp valentine...
mars...

....etc...

sour_mango

Post by sour_mango » Nov 17th, '05, 22:13

i think my first ever watched taiwanese drama was Meteor Garden. i decided to watch that drama because i heard a lot of good reponses to it, and i guess it didnt disappoint me...

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 18th, '05, 18:24

crazylife123 wrote:Not sure if it was a taiwan's production but I know it had Da S in it. She looked good in ancient clothing...She played as a demon in love with a human being...which it was prohibited. Not sure of the the title...

peach girl...
my mvp valentine...
mars...

....etc...
I think you are referring to Qian Nv You Huen (Eternal) I think it's just being seeded again now

ebony

Post by ebony » Nov 28th, '05, 18:30

my first TW drama was meteor garden and i loved it, now i'm totally hooked on tw dramas.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Nov 28th, '05, 18:42

hurm i watched a lot of chinese series. but tw drama that really hooked me is meteor garden. i was obsessed for awhile with F4. i like vic zhou but you know as you watch meteor garden you simply like jerry character better. it's all lovey dovey. since barbie didn' end up with vic in meteor garden you're kinda hoping they will be together in another series.then mars comes along. that was good series although i don't really like barbie character in that.

chimsonca

Post by chimsonca » Nov 29th, '05, 02:48

i3lu3fun wrote:i'm malaysian.. and my first taiwan drama was "Mr. Fighting" a.k.a "Ge Dou Tian Wang". followed by others series, "MARS" - fell in love with Vic in this one, "Devil Beside You" is enjoyable, and now i'm following "It All Started With A Kiss" and "Wang Zi Bian Ching Wa" a.k.a "Prince Turns Frog" - Ming Dao is damn cute!!!![/b]

I totally agree with you on that :wub: :wub: :wub: :whistling:

NoWoRRieS

Post by NoWoRRieS » Jan 10th, '06, 11:35

My first Taiwan drama was... ::drum rolls:: Meteor Garden. My mother borrowed the series (and All About Eve) from the local library and took over the only tv in the house. I actually hated it in the beginning, but it grew on me (whining about how I wanted to watch regular tv didn't help much). Now TW dramas consume a lot of my tv time...

xqzs_iswak

Post by xqzs_iswak » Jan 10th, '06, 13:23

liu xing hua yuan & mvp valentine...

heavenz_gurl

Post by heavenz_gurl » Apr 19th, '06, 21:01

my first taiwanese movie was metoer garden. when my sister borrowed it from the library, i wasn't interested at it at first, but then i started watching after...the second was the outsiders, then mars, and then love of the aegean sea and then it started with a kiss..etc.[forgot]

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Apr 19th, '06, 21:09

my first TW drama was meteor garden...actually it was my first drama ever, so it'll always be special to me ;)....its kinda insane how i watched it though....went over to my taiwanese friends house a million weekends in a row so she could translate the whole show for me and my other friend...then we went thorugh this whole F4 phase [love jerry] actually i watched it again i think last nov, its a good drama so if anyone hasn't seen it yet you should...and if you have seen and liked it i recommend the jdrama hana yori dango- same story but wayyyy condensed compared to MG

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 19th, '06, 21:09

ah.. i saw MG first ever...lol... and then.. My MVP valentine...then yamada tarou...and then... peach girl.. dolphin bay! heheheh

emykina

Post by emykina » Apr 19th, '06, 21:14

hehehe.. meteor garden :dopey:

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Apr 19th, '06, 21:26

1st tw-drama of most of you was MG? that's funny :lol . my first was Love Contract, and I loved it :wub:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Apr 19th, '06, 22:08

Nadil wrote:1st tw-drama of most of you was MG? that's funny :lol . my first was Love Contract, and I loved it :wub:
Actually, it's not surprising. TW was in a slump where the majority of dramas produced were of low quality "localized" dramas of negligible interest beyond TW.

I happened to be in TW on vacation and watched the episode when it was first shown (parents were playing mah-jong, I had nothing to do, etc). I knew about the series beforehand because I was a regular watcher of the Happy Sunday variety show which auditioned F4 and announced the MG project.

After the first episode, I immediately knew that it was going to be big. Sure enough, it set many records in terms of how many countries it was shown in, sparked F4-mania, etc. It also started a renaissance of mandarin speaking drama in TW largely targeted towards the younger audience, choosing actors mainly by popularity, which continues to this day.

jazzy5000

Post by jazzy5000 » Apr 21st, '06, 17:01

Umm...mine was It Started with a Kiss :D

Jo7

Post by Jo7 » Apr 22nd, '06, 11:28

my first was meteor garden.. but tht was years back.. but im watchin taiwanese dramas again cos of DBY....

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Apr 22nd, '06, 11:40

The first TW serie was Marmalade Boy. ^^

Nath82

Post by Nath82 » Apr 22nd, '06, 20:43

It was "Meteor Garden"
But I got addicted with tw series thanks to "It Started with a Kiss" ^_^

LauLau

Post by LauLau » Apr 22nd, '06, 21:04

My first TW drama (and it was also my first drama) was MARS, and i've watched it because i was deeply in love with the manga :)

I've seen some other TW drama after Mars, (Meteor Garden, Devil Beside you, It started with a Kiss, Lavender, love contract) but Mars and Devil Beside You are my favorites.

I can't watch all what I would like, because I'm french and I don't speak chinese language. So I watch those with english subtitle.

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Apr 23rd, '06, 09:18

Do you have Meteor Garden still on your pc?

LauLau

Post by LauLau » Apr 23rd, '06, 17:19

Engelchen18 wrote:Do you have Meteor Garden still on your pc?
Not anymore, I've already burned them. But I can seed some eps (not all the show at the same time because I haven't enougth space on my drive).
I have the eps from Jem.

bebemup

Post by bebemup » Aug 15th, '06, 20:16

my first taiwanese drama was "Devil Beside You" & i saw that around this year.. followed by ISWAK, meteor garden & love contract :D

vietchic

Post by vietchic » Aug 15th, '06, 20:33

My first Taiwanese drama was At the Dolphin Bay!! It was awesome. If you guys haven't seen it, you should!!!

missjennyxt

Post by missjennyxt » Aug 15th, '06, 22:09

first was 100% senorita but i didnt really know it was taiwan or anything cause i was in china and my mando isnt great so yeah - flipping thru channels and it seemed interesting. but the first one i really focused on and watched was iswak

tisa

Post by tisa » Aug 15th, '06, 22:29

My first was It started with a kiss and then The devil beside you.

Maddie87

Post by Maddie87 » Aug 15th, '06, 22:33

My first TW drama was ISWAK, I'm addicted to TW dramas more since then :P

asianblondgirl

Post by asianblondgirl » Aug 15th, '06, 22:35

devil beside you and its my favorite! i love tw drama

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Aug 15th, '06, 22:43

my first taiwan series wass meteor garden. at first i really don't like the sound of mandarin language but noe i'm addicted to taiwanese series. fell in love with f4 definitely then marmalade boy, love storm. and then i stopped for a year and now after it statred with a kiss, i can't stop watching taiwanese series bcos of joe cheng, mike he, ming dao and sam weng.

andi_the_angel78

Post by andi_the_angel78 » Aug 15th, '06, 23:00

My first was Meteor Garden when it aired in the Philippines. But right now, I'm not so crazy about F4. Now, I'm more about Rain, Kang Ta, Wang Lee Hom, and Se7en on singers.

tisa

Post by tisa » Aug 16th, '06, 17:43

I like Mandarin esspecially the word sorry. It sounds like it's really meant. I just help but forgive when i hear sorry in TW

Fieryshadow

Post by Fieryshadow » Aug 18th, '06, 06:50

It started with a Kiss. :D