INITIAL D

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Nocturne illusion

INITIAL D

Post by Nocturne illusion » Dec 12th, '05, 08:06

:cheers: Anyone here a fan of Edison and Jay Chou???????? :wub:
If you are.............HAVE YOU WATCHED INITIAL D?????????
Rating for INITIAL D ( rate out of 10)
Me...........8

sYnc

Post by sYnc » Dec 12th, '05, 08:39

the initial d live action movie was just bad :cussing: , if you have even watched the anime it didn't even follow the story line. I'm a really big fan of the initial d series but this one just disappointed me and another thing is it was a Chinese movie and not a Japanese one, the only person who was Japanese was the person who played Natsuki Mogi.
but it is and ok movie, I understand that it is a movie and the whole series can't be summed up in a movie so I'd give it a 6 out of 10

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 12th, '05, 08:52

I remenber last year when the trailer was came out, My roommate when crazy about it. I was a Inital D fan back in 2000, And he just started watching it just last year '04.. His line was "this is one movie that i have to watch, that is on his TO DO LIST b4 he dies". he was braging to everybody that there was movie that was coming. out(even if they were anime/JDrama fans or not) ...But onces he saw it over the summer, he kinda shutup a little which was good.

I haven't watched yet, But i still don't have to guts to, just because everything i see a Drama/ Movie that base off from something before (e.g. anime) The story that just kills me. it makes the anime sucks more.. EVEN in Stage 4 sucks, (i love Stage 1, 2, 3) i thought Inital was dying already..!(The battle scenes are Great with CG. but i hated beacuse everything about Inital D 4. was like they where trying to teach the viewer how it works, Look at the battle scenes, there gotta have a comment from the RX7 brother about how the event is going to go.involeing techiques yada yada yada(boring)!!. How i got Hook on was from the orginal Storyline, a kid who drives a 20 years old car and still beats everybody and people from all over Japan wants to battle him.

There was a huge difference from GTO -anime and GTO - JDorama.
Anime had nore funnie jokes and scene while the Live action has more of a Life altering settings(w/funnie of course)

My brother just brought it the other day, but i knoe that Inital D live Action wouldn't be as good as the anime already. I might watch it when I'm really bore!!!!!!!, i mean REALLY BORED!!
Last edited by gsr_raver on Dec 12th, '05, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

LadieDrmz

Post by LadieDrmz » Dec 12th, '05, 08:58

I've watched the Initial D anime, and I thought it was really good.
I don't think that the movie would be as good as the anime because it's one movie and can't have everything that the anime has. In and of itself, I thought the movie is okay. I liked the mood and setting, but some of the character changes were a little off. It could have been better, but it's not a total waste. So... maybe a 7 out of 10.

Fuddle

Post by Fuddle » Dec 12th, '05, 09:00

i'm a big fan of the anmie too, but i cant say i was that impressed by the movie.

the actual car races are fine, but the story has ben messed around with far too much to get it into a movie. they just tried to do too much, and it really shows.
+ no keisuke and the FD :(
it could/should have been amazing, but unfortunately i think its pretty average.

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Dec 13th, '05, 05:53

I didnt see INITIAL D in anime..I saw it with jay chou and EDISON :wub: !!!....waouahhhhh!!!!!!.......I VOTE 7/10 :mrgreen: ...I love edison :wub: but not the movie :| ..Jay chou..I like hes voice but not a gOOd actor at all...sowwie :scratch: ...boring..at some part.....but nyways...

haiku

Initial D

Post by haiku » Dec 31st, '05, 05:59

Initial D was awesome..... the action is superb, pity it is only one movie hope they make more with the same actor

skachild

Post by skachild » Dec 31st, '05, 06:08

love the movie,and also the anime.... im a fan of jay chou,
hope have part 2 like the anime hahaha..... :lol

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Dec 31st, '05, 06:32

initial d was awesome, but i didnt really like the ending.. it was kind of rushed.... but, edison was wayyy hottt in it!! .. jay, i think he should stick to singin ^^

and so i give it...

8.5 AE86's out of 10 AE86's

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Dec 31st, '05, 09:16

i never really watched the anime and so i wouldn't know which is better...for the movie i really liked it and i'm a big fan of Jay Chou,so i'll give it a 9 out of 10 :thumright:

chineseduckling

Post by chineseduckling » Apr 14th, '06, 16:50

i liked intial D [teehee i have it hung on my wall] im a big fan of jay chou and edison chen so i really liked it. i havent read the manga before so i cant really compare the two, but i give it a 8 our of 10.

Shengie

Post by Shengie » Apr 19th, '06, 21:55

i just wondering is there going to be initial D 2?.......let me know if there is okay...thanks peace out

JonJon

Post by JonJon » Apr 27th, '06, 11:37

Yeah, will there be a sequel?? The first movie was pretty good, nice cars ^^

Buck

Post by Buck » May 1st, '06, 16:39

JonJon wrote:Yeah, will there be a sequel?? The first movie was pretty good, nice cars ^^
I don't really think so but I would love if they had one. Critics said that the movie was sorta bad and everything but since the makers got $$$$ they should continue it and finish the story since they just left off where Stage 4 was about to start. So it would be good if they continued it.

SiMPLYSMiLES

Post by SiMPLYSMiLES » Jul 17th, '06, 00:43

I loved watching this movie. This was my first time watching a kind of racing movie. And after watching it I fell in love with it.

About the sequel, I dont know if there is gonna be one, but I heard that they were gonna make an Intial D with girls as the main stars this time.

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Jul 17th, '06, 00:56

the anime is great, but the movie just plain sucked. the only good thing to watch in the movie was the races, otherwise, the plotline and everything was BAD. the anime is dying off, i didn't feel the 4th stage was that great. the previous stages were much better. edison and jay were okay in the movie, but like i said, the only fun part is watching the races, not when they're talking or anything else.

KCfan_1314

Post by KCfan_1314 » Jul 18th, '06, 23:16

yeah i got initial D hahah watched 2x striaght and bored watched over, jay is so cute it x) so hot&cute edison is just plain quite coolll so hot same with shawn

patman3d

Post by patman3d » Jul 21st, '06, 17:39

When I first heard about Initial D (the real live movie) I was pretty excited.
I've watched the anime and loved it.

Unfortunately, when I finally watched the movie, I was totally disappointed. I think the only thing that resembled the anime was that Tak won races. Other than that, seemed like it was a completely different story.

I would have rated it 8 or 9 out of 10 after watching the previews and not watching the movie, but since i've seen the movie, I have to rate it a 5/10 :glare:

msn

Post by msn » Jul 27th, '06, 08:33

The movie was a complete mess.Boring poor acting and stupid plot.Avoid.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jul 27th, '06, 16:23

so where do u get this movie from? lol i couldn't find it anywhere

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Jul 27th, '06, 16:39

search around online. it's there. or you can buy it too XD

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jul 27th, '06, 19:45

.... >.>
the reason why i said it because i can't find it... >.>

dummy

Post by dummy » Sep 9th, '06, 06:20

i love this movie..... :lol :lol
Attachments
ehhhehe
ehhhehe
bi rain (6).jpg (158 KiB) Viewed 2098 times

gHost~aNGeL

Post by gHost~aNGeL » Apr 2nd, '08, 03:07

to: noCtuRne illusi0n
wEe,,,,i loVe inIiaL D...hehe...i lOVe jaY choU..weee...haVE you waTChEd kuNG fu dunK??...its a fuNNy moVie..anD sTIll jaY chou is soo0o0o kawaii 8) :D

gHost~aNGeL

Post by gHost~aNGeL » Apr 2nd, '08, 03:10

:P :-) ellow...im JusT nEw HEre..heheh...can u pLs sHOw me aRound nd hELp mE out..thNX :-)

dindaputri

Post by dindaputri » Apr 2nd, '08, 03:38

yeah i've watched both initial d and kung fu dunk. those are good mvie i think.

a_inuyasha_z

Post by a_inuyasha_z » Apr 10th, '08, 10:35

Love the anime.............When finally watch the live action, sorry to say it but it was a big disappointment

daisyamapi

Post by daisyamapi » Jun 5th, '08, 19:23

jay chou so cool in this movie..very talented singer, director, composer n actor too...
i love his song..n his voice

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 5th, '08, 16:17

Maybe biased because I'm a big fan of Jay Chou, but I really did like the movie. Well I've never watched the animes either so I was only comparing the movie with other racing movies (ah hem Fast and the Furious) and I thought it was a lot better than those. Jay Chou's acting was alright, and the story is well paced except for ending (yah a little rushed). I think there was just more character developments than fast and the furious storylines. Racing scenes were cool too.

overall, I would give this movie 8.5/10 .