[TwDrama] A Game About Love/Rock Paper Scissors (CTS, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
jacjac8787

[TwDrama] A Game About Love/Rock Paper Scissors (CTS, 2006)

Post by jacjac8787 » Oct 10th, '06, 17:46

This should be the drama shown on TTV after SMiling Pasta ended.

Lead Actors: Sam Wang (Magicians of Love, A Prince Turned Into A Frog)
Lead Actress: Joe Chen/Chen Qiao En ( A Prince Turned Into A Frog)

[img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/ ... 627891.jpg[/img]

[/img]

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 11th, '06, 02:04

^^from what i've read, it's not going to be a SETTV drama. most of the recent reports are saying it's a Hua Shi (CTS) and possibly Zhong Shi (CTV) drama. so we'll wait and see, huh? btw, i also changed the english name for the series. though the chinese name is 剪刀 (scissors), 石頭 (rock), 布 (cloth/paper)...but in english the game is usually called Rock Paper Scissors... :D

i'm really excited about this drama, as i really like both of the leads and hope that they'll get together. (shaowei never gets the main girl... :glare: ) i'm kinda sad that the other (aka evil) girl is not wang li ren...i really liked her in ASQJMM, so i hoped to see more of her. :-)

lazybum

Post by lazybum » Oct 12th, '06, 01:27

aww sad to see smiling pasta end, but excited for a new one to start. like the main actress.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 15th, '06, 23:37

^^like i said, it won't be on SETTV or TTV...it's going to air on CTS and possibly CTV. and i read today that it's going to be on CTS starting November 7th.

GAMA_SENNIN

Post by GAMA_SENNIN » Oct 26th, '06, 13:33

hm... i'm so excited bout seeing sam in this show! does anyone know what it will be about though?

lazy_mui

Post by lazy_mui » Oct 27th, '06, 20:28

woohoo Sam again.. :wub:

aliechan

Post by aliechan » Oct 27th, '06, 20:32

There are commercials out for this series already. It starts on November 7th at 9pm.

superjunior13

Post by superjunior13 » Oct 28th, '06, 20:59

aww.... smiling pasta ending soon...... oh well, can't wait till this come out, does anyone know what the drama's about?

aliechan

Post by aliechan » Oct 28th, '06, 21:29

superjunior13 wrote:aww.... smiling pasta ending soon...... oh well, can't wait till this come out, does anyone know what the drama's about?
It's about 2 guys (rock & scissors) who like a girl (cloth). They both decide who gets to go after her by playing rock paper scissors. Shaowei is the scissors guy. That's all I know about it!

superjunior13

Post by superjunior13 » Oct 30th, '06, 04:44

^ thanks for replying aliechan!! haha... what a cute way to go after a girl... lol... sounds interesting... hmm... wonder if Shaowei will get the girl....

thislove

Post by thislove » Nov 4th, '06, 03:16

Wow, can't wait to see it. It looks interesting especially with the lead actress and actor. Qiao En and Sam Wang

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 6th, '06, 03:36

it's starting this week! 11/8 at 9PM
here's the official series link, in case you don't have it yet. who else thinks that the other guy looks really scruffy? almost like david chen in nine ball. :-)

and maybe i'm biased, but doesn't it seem like CTS has the biggest series of the season? both this and Hana Kimi... :D

angelic.me

Post by angelic.me » Nov 8th, '06, 04:23

habukie wrote:^^from what i've read, it's not going to be a SETTV drama. most of the recent reports are saying it's a Hua Shi (CTS) and possibly Zhong Shi (CTV) drama. so we'll wait and see, huh? btw, i also changed the english name for the series. though the chinese name is 剪刀 (scissors), 石頭 (rock), 布 (cloth/paper)...but in english the game is usually called Rock Paper Scissors... :D

i'm really excited about this drama, as i really like both of the leads and hope that they'll get together. (shaowei never gets the main girl... :glare: ) i'm kinda sad that the other (aka evil) girl is not wang li ren...i really liked her in ASQJMM, so i hoped to see more of her. :-)
Even though the Chinese name when it's being said is Scissors, Rock, Paper but when we say it in English it's always been in that order (Rock Paper Scissor). This would be an interesting drama but Sam Wang and Joe Chen's haircut look weird on them... Sam Wang's haircut make it look alot older... =/ I like his haircut better in Magician of Love.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 9th, '06, 04:25

angelic.me wrote:Even though the Chinese name when it's being said is Scissors, Rock, Paper but when we say it in English it's always been in that order (Rock Paper Scissor). This would be an interesting drama but Sam Wang and Joe Chen's haircut look weird on them... Sam Wang's haircut make it look alot older... =/ I like his haircut better in Magician of Love.
isn't your first sentence basically repeating what i already posted? :roll in case you didn't understand why i posted the that sentence in my first post, the person who started the thread had used a different english name for the title, and i just wanted to explain why i was changing it in the subject title. :-) i also used it to start the wiki thread on this series...

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 12th, '06, 17:22

hey all, i just wanted to point out the name change. A Game About Love is what the show is officially going with as the english title. however, a lot of people may be more familiar with it as Rock Paper Scissors, so i kept both in the title. as for the wiki, it has already been changed to A Game About Love.

anyways, explanations over, is anybody watching? i think it's pretty good so far. the first episode was pretty predictable, especially the beginning, but i think it's starting to liven up by the third episode. i like the side characters of the sister and Doff as well. i didn't like shaowei's character at first, but he totally redeemed himself when he
told off that spoiled brat. :D and then when he was eating the noodles, he was so funny.
it looks like there's a lot more funny scenes to come (judging by the special they showed), so i'm looking forward to some more of shaowei's jokes.

elaiine

Post by elaiine » Nov 13th, '06, 07:11

Heh, this show has been progressing rather nicely. And Im on the third episode already :D
I posted up a thread in the fansubbing forum asking if any subbing team would be doing this but I think they deleted my thread -.=
Anyway, if any subbing team is planning to sub this drama please tell me! I want to help :D

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 14th, '06, 06:13

^^i think it's because your asking sounded too much like a subtitle request. next time make it clear that you want to help sub. then that won't happen again. btw, a group at asianfanatics seems to be working to sub this. so maybe you can join them. :-)

i can't wait to see what's in store for the fourth episode....oh, and btw, for anyone interested, YDY now has this drama. :cheers:

dn67

Post by dn67 » Nov 15th, '06, 05:13

thanks for the info. I love the 2 main casts from prince turns into frog. I always wanted them to end up together. I can't wait. :P

calla9

Post by calla9 » Nov 15th, '06, 05:23

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 15th, '06, 06:29

^^i tried one of those links. it's just the icefish version. one reason i mention the YDY release (though slower than the Icefish version) is because it usually has better audio and video quality. and i think anyone who's watched a Icefish release knows what i mean. :D but i think that link is great for anyone who can't search the Icefish site. oh, and if i didn't mention it before, you can find the link to the YDY version by clicking the link in my signature.

for anyone who wants the opening theme song, here's the baidu link. it's the one called "little women." i really like it. :-) however, i read that there might not be an OST...so that's really sad. :|

jklisa

Post by jklisa » Nov 24th, '06, 00:07

Hi,

I really like the Opening song "Little Women". I think the artist is 庭竹. Does anyone know the english name of this singer? I don't know who it is. And does anyone know the title of some of the other songs she has done?

Thanks. :-)

psycat

Post by psycat » Nov 24th, '06, 05:50

does anyone know where to download the ending theme song???
it's called 愛不在 (Ai Bu Zai) by 殷悅 Melody
i can't find it... >.<

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 25th, '06, 02:18

@jklisa: when i have tried to search about the singer, i've only come up with the name jasmine. not sure if that is her english name or not. if you use the link i posted earlier, those are other songs at baidu sung by her.

@psycat: no, i've been trying to find it. in fact, i added the informatioon about it to the wiki so that i'd always have the chinese at hand in order to make a search. :roll

so what does everyone think of the drama so far? i love it. it's the only twdrama i'm keeping up with at the moment, though technically i'm still a few episodes behind. :roll i really like the relationship between DL and QX. they fit well, and the grandfather is really funny with matchmaking. i also like DX and Doff. they make a cute couple. so what happens to poor KL? i hope some nice character shows up to be with him. :-) this is all speculation, of course.

lazybum

Post by lazybum » Nov 26th, '06, 03:10

i'm on episode 4. seems okay so far. is the artist guy the same guy in another series that aired this summer "big wife, small husband"?

hijacked

Post by hijacked » Nov 26th, '06, 14:16

the artist guy acted in white robe of love.. (=

i'm done with ep 13. good show overall.. love shaowei inside!! too much scenes on small characters though. cant stand stone's mom. eek.

hijacked

Post by hijacked » Nov 26th, '06, 14:19

habukie wrote:^^i tried one of those links. it's just the icefish version. one reason i mention the YDY release (though slower than the Icefish version) is because it usually has better audio and video quality. and i think anyone who's watched a Icefish release knows what i mean. :D but i think that link is great for anyone who can't search the Icefish site. oh, and if i didn't mention it before, you can find the link to the YDY version by clicking the link in my signature.

for anyone who wants the opening theme song, here's the baidu link. it's the one called "little women." i really like it. :-) however, i read that there might not be an OST...so that's really sad. :|
thx for the link :cheers:

yah might not be an ost since it's a daily aired tele-drama. so the life of it isn't that long.. haha. well.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 26th, '06, 21:05

i'm on the 13th episode now, and it's becoming very kdrama-y. like all the intertangled relationships and all... but i still love qiaoen and shaowei. :-) i hate that gina girl, though. oh, and the mom, too. i agree with you there, hijacked.

btw, here's the baidu link for the insert song. there isn't a mp3 version that i can find.

AhiRu

Post by AhiRu » Nov 30th, '06, 04:08

i really love this drama... shao wei and qiao-en really looks good together.

the ending song is really hard to find, but i have one of the songs its 讓我靜一靜 by 范逸臣 heres the link baidu

can't wat for epi17 tonight. ;)

Chinita_p

Post by Chinita_p » Dec 1st, '06, 16:12

i hope that somebody can subbed this drama in english, i love so much SHAO WEI!! :wub: :wub: xie xie!

lazy_mui

Post by lazy_mui » Dec 2nd, '06, 03:32

ahhh i can't wait for this serie la....

lazy_mui

Post by lazy_mui » Dec 2nd, '06, 03:33

will someone post the torrent on d-addicts?

AhiRu

Post by AhiRu » Dec 7th, '06, 01:51

im really happy with last nights episode. finally tuo xing admits that she likes qi xiang.... ;)

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » Dec 15th, '06, 22:02

wahhh! i didn't know this drama started already... I really want to see it.. I'm a big fan of QiaoEn after Prince Turns into Frog^^
does anyone know where I could download it.. and if anyone is planning on subbing it? plz. and thank u!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Dec 16th, '06, 06:35

dmaechan wrote:wahhh! i didn't know this drama started already... I really want to see it.. I'm a big fan of QiaoEn after Prince Turns into Frog^^
does anyone know where I could download it.. and if anyone is planning on subbing it? plz. and thank u!
it's been mentioned previously. :-) you can get the YDY torrents from the link in my signature. as for subbing, there is a group working on hardsubbing it.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 16th, '06, 06:41

I have episodes 1-25 downloaded.......but I'm still only on episode 4!!! Sam Wang is such a hottie in this series!! Finally, he plays the main lead instead of the 2nd male lead like he always have in the past!

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » Dec 16th, '06, 20:35

habukie wrote: it's been mentioned previously. :-) you can get the YDY torrents from the link in my signature. as for subbing, there is a group working on hardsubbing it.
sorry..i should have read previous posts ^^;;
but thank you for telling me anyways ^^

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Dec 17th, '06, 01:14

lilswtangel wrote:I have episodes 1-25 downloaded.......but I'm still only on episode 4!!! Sam Wang is such a hottie in this series!! Finally, he plays the main lead instead of the 2nd male lead like he always have in the past!
i know. one reason i was so excited about this series is that sam finally gets to break out and be the lead! :D i'm also behind now, because i was out of town for so many days. i'm only on 14. i'll be back with more comments when i get further. :-)

@dmaechan: you're welcome. :-)

jklisa

Post by jklisa » Dec 21st, '06, 04:05

Does anyone know which new drama is replacing this one in the same TV time slot now that it is done airing?

Thanks. :D

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Dec 21st, '06, 04:21

jklisa wrote:Does anyone know which new drama is replacing this one in the same TV time slot now that it is done airing?

Thanks. :D
it looks like it's going to be this one: Angel. it's starring that weird doctor guy from Hana Kimi. :-) and it also has the sister from this series and the guy who played Ah Shen in DBY. the first two episodes are out at YDY already.

so i'm on episode 20 now...and i'm frustrated with Duo Li.
what's wrong with her? can't she see that her ex is all wrong for her? he dumps her and now comes back expecting her to welcome him with open arms. sure, there's history there, but still, if someone dumps you so devastatingly, i think that's your answer there.

anyways, i'm glad she found out that the old grandfather was actually Qi Xiang's grandfather. it makes the story more interesting. and the look on her mother's face when she found out was priceless.

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Dec 23rd, '06, 16:05

I'm only on episode 11 but it's been pretty enjoyable so far... not toooo slow, and not toooo dramatic. It's refreshing to see Shaowei in this character because we usually see him as the moody sullen sidekick character. Maybe he'll get moody soon though... but I hope not. :P I like the light feel of the drama in the first few episodes. habuki mentioned that it becomes k-drama-like in episode 13... hmmm... :glare: Thanks for the heads up. :whistling:

Does anyone know how this drama performed in the ratings/viewership when it aired?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Dec 26th, '06, 02:38

ok, i'm finished now. though i'm satisfied with the ending in some ways, i'm also not completely happy.
I like how DL and QX ended up together. of course. :D but it was great in episode 21 when she TOLD him that she liked him. i loved that she admitted it to everyone else, but to herself as well. i almost stood up and cheered when she told her ex. :-) and of course the scene when she tells him and he's ecstatic was one of the best scenes in the whole show.

i did NOT like how KL and DX ended up together. poor Doff was out of the picture for so long. and then he came back and was all sweet to her. and KL, how could he fall in love her so fast when he supposedly loved DL? it just didn't make sense.

plus, all that furor over KL being part of the Wei family was just too overdone. i hope what i said about it becoming a kdrama makes sense to people...in the sense that they brought the "long-lost half-brother that i never knew about" angle into the story. and of course, there's the justified anger that "the brother who grew up poor" feels when he finds out the true nature of his origin. i don't like those stories that much, can you tell? :-) but anyways, glad that everyone ended up happy and together in the end, even if Doff did get shafted.

LynnIsUberCool
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by LynnIsUberCool » Dec 29th, '06, 21:11

This Drama souns really good!
cant wait to see it!

gabbypalacios

Post by gabbypalacios » Jan 1st, '07, 05:50

I am really really looking foward to watching this drama!! Joe Chen and Sam Wang is a pairing i've been wanting to see since Prince turned into a frog! eek! Does anyone know if the subs are out or will be out?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jan 1st, '07, 06:14

gabbypalacios wrote:I am really really looking foward to watching this drama!! Joe Chen and Sam Wang is a pairing i've been wanting to see since Prince turned into a frog! eek! Does anyone know if the subs are out or will be out?
two hardsubbed episodes have been released already by the subbing group JiaoDiDi. check the subtitles forum for their thread (there are direct links) or the torrent section for the episodes by torrent.

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Jan 2nd, '07, 18:49

I was so happy that someone decided to sub this~ Sam Wang TAKES THE LEAD~ W00T!

omg, I was so surprised that Michael Zhang was in this. I totally couldn't recognize him... He looks so different from back in The Outsiders series... ^^;

stars*in*my*eyes

Post by stars*in*my*eyes » Jan 25th, '07, 23:30

Ok so im on episode 4 (becuz thats where the subbers stopped for the hardsubs) but the thread doing the direct links is on the 5th episode. How do you download direct links anyway? I usually only do torrents but since im desperate, im asking. :( Also, does anyone know where else i can download these episodes with and without subs? The torrent section only has to episode 4 :( But the drama is over. Ugh. I am addicted to it!! I love it. I cant wait to see more! I know this question was already asked, but can anyone tell me how well this drama did with ratings?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jan 26th, '07, 03:02

stars*in*my*eyes wrote:Ok so im on episode 4 (becuz thats where the subbers stopped for the hardsubs) but the thread doing the direct links is on the 5th episode. How do you download direct links anyway? I usually only do torrents but since im desperate, im asking. :( Also, does anyone know where else i can download these episodes with and without subs? The torrent section only has to episode 4 :( But the drama is over. Ugh. I am addicted to it!! I love it. I cant wait to see more! I know this question was already asked, but can anyone tell me how well this drama did with ratings?
they have uploaded it to sendspace. click on the link that they provide in the subtitle thread. then look towards the bottom of the page where there is an arrow pointing to a link. click on that link to start the download. you can get the drama w/o subs by clicking on the link in my signature. find Rock Paper Scissors on the list of dramas. click on the link and it'll take you to the YDY site. there are still plenty of seeds for each episode. there is a link in the same post to a tutorial with pictures on how to download from YDY.

stars*in*my*eyes

Post by stars*in*my*eyes » Jan 26th, '07, 03:13

habukie wrote:
stars*in*my*eyes wrote:Ok so im on episode 4 (becuz thats where the subbers stopped for the hardsubs) but the thread doing the direct links is on the 5th episode. How do you download direct links anyway? I usually only do torrents but since im desperate, im asking. :( Also, does anyone know where else i can download these episodes with and without subs? The torrent section only has to episode 4 :( But the drama is over. Ugh. I am addicted to it!! I love it. I cant wait to see more! I know this question was already asked, but can anyone tell me how well this drama did with ratings?
they have uploaded it to sendspace. click on the link that they provide in the subtitle thread. then look towards the bottom of the page where there is an arrow pointing to a link. click on that link to start the download. you can get the drama w/o subs by clicking on the link in my signature. find Rock Paper Scissors on the list of dramas. click on the link and it'll take you to the YDY site. there are still plenty of seeds for each episode. there is a link in the same post to a tutorial with pictures on how to download from YDY.
Thank you so much!

Chinita_p

Post by Chinita_p » Jan 26th, '07, 13:30

you are the best! i´m so so happy, thanks for subbing this drama! Ole Shao wei that he is main character! :wub: :wub:

stars*in*my*eyes

Post by stars*in*my*eyes » Jan 27th, '07, 03:54

I cant wait until episode 7 subs come out! <3 Im addicted.

vis

Post by vis » Jan 27th, '07, 22:51

@habukie: thanx for posting the baidu link for the opening theme, however I can't figure out how to download from that site :S I just get to a lot of pop-up~~

EDIT: I managed to figure it out ^^ I like this song as well, though it's not the opening song

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 2nd, '07, 21:30

for anybody interested, i have posted ddl to the opening and subtheme in the Chinese Drama Theme thread. here's a direct link to my post. these are both .mp3 format and good quality (not the same as found at baidu :)).

thina75

Post by thina75 » Mar 9th, '07, 02:02

Anyone know where I can download GAME OF LOVE Ai Bu Zai mp3 , Thanks

:idea: :P :-) :D :x

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 9th, '07, 04:44

thina75 wrote:Anyone know where I can download GAME OF LOVE Ai Bu Zai mp3 , Thanks

i'll upload it for you tomorrow.

edit: see this post here.

thina75

Post by thina75 » Mar 10th, '07, 03:12

habukie wrote:
thina75 wrote:Anyone know where I can download GAME OF LOVE Ai Bu Zai mp3 , Thanks

i'll upload it for you tomorrow.

edit: see this post here.

Thank You Very Much. I LOVE THIS SONG...
:cheers:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 10th, '07, 03:45

^^if you would like to sing along to the song, i have uploaded the KTV. you can find the link here. it also contains scenes from the series. :-)

thina75

Post by thina75 » Mar 12th, '07, 02:35

habukie wrote:^^if you would like to sing along to the song, i have uploaded the KTV. you can find the link here. it also contains scenes from the series. :-)

Thank You Very Much .... :scratch: :salut: :cheers: :P :-)

ohh_baybee

Post by ohh_baybee » May 28th, '07, 19:47

where do yu watch this drama ?

lilyella

Post by lilyella » Jun 2nd, '07, 10:57

ohh_baybee wrote:where do yu watch this drama ?
i used to watch it on CTS but it ended already. You can download the drama here on D-Addicts.

Mayu Kawaii

Post by Mayu Kawaii » Sep 22nd, '07, 02:45

I love this drama :wub: both guys are so handsome

julie277

Re: [TwDrama] A Game About Love/Rock Paper Scissors (CTS, 2006)

Post by julie277 » Aug 22nd, '15, 19:18

I saw this drama a long time ago, I loved it!