[CDrama] Sword Of The Outlaw (2005)

Discuss chinese drama series here.

Would you like to see Sword of the Outlaw released with English subtitles?

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes: 65

crossvii

[CDrama] Sword Of The Outlaw (2005)

Post by crossvii » Feb 12th, '07, 23:43

Chang Jian Xiang Sai (长剑相思)
Sword of the Outlaw

[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/crossvii/cjxscover00.jpg[/img] [img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/crossvii/cjxscover01.jpg[/img]

Genre: Romance, Wuxia
Length: 35 Episodes
Release Date: 2005
Original Publisher: Sunvision
Releases: US Version, China Version
Language: Mandarin
English Subtitles: No
Soundtrack: No
Also Known As: Long Sword Lovers
Previous Adapations: ---

[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/crossvii/cjxsmain00.jpg[/img] [img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/crossvii/cjxsmain01.jpg[/img]

Synopsis:
明朝正德年间,中原大旱,亿万百姓流离失所,阉党专权,趁机想血洗江湖巩固自己的统治;江湖中的恶人也大肆搜刮百姓,趁火打劫,而且打着“惩善扬恶”的旗号,公然向天下挑战。一时生灵涂炭,民不聊生!

危急时刻,一直隐姓埋名,背负“燕家堡”灭门惨祸血海深仇的十三少燕追云挺身而出,筹集善款欲拯救百姓于水火之中。围绕着护送善款,江湖正邪两派展开了惊心动魄的殊死争斗。江湖中顿时浮现出一片刀光剑影,血雨腥风!

(No translation.)
credits: Zaake.com

Cast:
Chen Kun (陈坤) as Yan Zhuiyun (燕追云)
Li Bing Bing (李冰冰) as Fung'er
Li Qian (李倩) as Xiao Qian

Additional Info:
http://www.chineseliterature.com.cn/wux ... x1/007.htm CJXS Book Listing

Soundtrack/Themes:
N/A

Screen caps:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/crossvii/cjxsmain03.jpg
http://members.lycos.co.uk/crossvii/cjxsmain04.jpg
http://members.lycos.co.uk/crossvii/cjxsmain05.jpg
http://members.lycos.co.uk/crossvii/cjxsmain06.jpg

(All pictures captured/scanned and uploaded by myself, so please do not steal).

-------------------
HELP WANTED!! DH-Fansubs!!

We at DramaHolics, or DH for short, have been looking for translators to help with our Chang Jian Xiang Sai subbing project. All the work required is to translate given eps onto a word document (timing and encoding are taken care of). If anyone is interested in helping our growing sub-group, please post here or pm me and I'll get with you asap. Currently, we only have 3 translators and may not fully finish subbing this series without more help.

To see the overview of our project and those involved at DramaHolics, click the link below:
http://www.dramaholics.com/forum/viewto ... 6376cdc120

*note: DramaHolics is still a fairly new site, having only been in operation since Fall of last year.
Last edited by crossvii on Feb 22nd, '07, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

Lazie133

Post by Lazie133 » Feb 13th, '07, 00:05

Please release this with sub, I wan so to see it. pretty please.

kazuki

Post by kazuki » Feb 20th, '07, 15:00

Bumping this to see if w can get some more people interested… It’s a good series, please support DH-Fansubs! :thumright:

Catris

Post by Catris » Feb 20th, '07, 16:00

Sounds fantastic! I hope you guys find the help you need!

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Feb 21st, '07, 21:49

i'd love to see this series.. :D oh a question who's the girl on the pic bottom right??

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Feb 22nd, '07, 16:02

koua_xiong wrote:i'd love to see this series.. :D oh a question who's the girl on the pic bottom right??
That's Li Qian 8)

Anyway, the project is coming along pretty steady... but more help anyone? :roll

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Mar 6th, '07, 06:59

Hey guys...i wanted to show support by wearing the banner. There's probably not much help I can offer, probably only help uploading as I have a steady internet connection that's always on. My chinese isn't good enough to translate. I have a pet peeve though...can you guys leave in the opening theme and ending theme when available when you guys do the project? I wish there's more I can do, as I love watching Li Bing Bing...Best of luck on the project!

The part where Li Bing Bing and Chen Kun first meets, and where she's standing on the sword as in the bottom picture bottom right on the first post, with the background music like that...makes me want to watch this series sooo bad. I might just fold and rent it in vietnamese, although i really dispise the kind of dubbing they have (and cut scenes).

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Mar 6th, '07, 15:10

vancoland wrote:Hey guys...i wanted to show support by wearing the banner. There's probably not much help I can offer, probably only help uploading as I have a steady internet connection that's always on. My chinese isn't good enough to translate. I have a pet peeve though...can you guys leave in the opening theme and ending theme when available when you guys do the project? I wish there's more I can do, as I love watching Li Bing Bing...Best of luck on the project!
Thanks for supporting this series (and LBB)! Hopefully the new wuxia fansub-group can pick up on this series and sub it. Btw, we may have to add the opening/ending themes if more people want it that way, but as of now, we're just subbing it as is.
vancoland wrote:The part where Li Bing Bing and Chen Kun first meets, and where she's standing on the sword as in the bottom picture bottom right on the first post, with the background music like that...makes me want to watch this series sooo bad. I might just fold and rent it in vietnamese, although i really dispise the kind of dubbing they have (and cut scenes).
I agree :D That was a memorable scene imo, and the music was perfecto. If you have to patience to wait until our subbed release, I'm sure you'll enjoy it (with all original scenes and voices). :thumleft:

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 6th, '07, 16:56

crossvii wrote:Hopefully the new wuxia fansub-group can pick up on this series and sub it.
So how are things going in your dholics group? If it's possible why don't both groups join up so that we can have enough manpower? If all the people work together on 1 or 2 series, things can get done very quickly, rather than all of us doing our own stuff.

But if you guys insist on your own group I can understand that. We can probably discuss a collaboration then, when we finish Ni Shui Han/Young Yang Warriors/Madame White Snake.

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Mar 6th, '07, 22:32

Ueda Jiro wrote:
crossvii wrote:Hopefully the new wuxia fansub-group can pick up on this series and sub it.
So how are things going in your dholics group? If it's possible why don't both groups join up so that we can have enough manpower? If all the people work together on 1 or 2 series, things can get done very quickly, rather than all of us doing our own stuff.

But if you guys insist on your own group I can understand that. We can probably discuss a collaboration then, when we finish Ni Shui Han/Young Yang Warriors/Madame White Snake.
Sounds like a grand idea Ueda :thumleft: So far, our dholics translators are working on eps 1-3. We've only got 3 translators (inexperienced but willing), with about 4 others (timers, encoders) not including myself or Kai Lien. Everyone's got little subbing experience though... However, they're fast learners and pretty enthusiastic about the idea of subbing, so I'm sure they're willing to help out nonetheless. But in the meantime, I'll discuss this with the others and see what we could do (perhaps merging into one group rather than collabs).

Also, with the new wuxia group expanding, I think I could recruit a few more people (esp. translators!) to help us out... Let me go pull a few names and see what I get.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 7th, '07, 04:16

Heh. I'm not a very experienced subber myself. :P

I'll look forward to hearing good news from you.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Mar 9th, '07, 01:42

Does anybody have the beginning and ending themesongs in full? Or atleast know who sings them...I just started watching a little bit of it in chinese and those songs just hook you right in.

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Mar 9th, '07, 04:06

vancoland wrote:Does anybody have the beginning and ending themesongs in full? Or atleast know who sings them...I just started watching a little bit of it in chinese and those songs just hook you right in.
I am also still looking for the opening theme and the subtheme as well; the music is great indeed. Btw, where are you watching this series?

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Mar 10th, '07, 20:11

crossvii wrote:I am also still looking for the opening theme and the subtheme as well; the music is great indeed. Btw, where are you watching this series?
I got the series from murimzizon's clubbox...I was searching everywhere for this series with no luck, until I remembered that murimzizon seems to have almost all the wu xia series. I also found a place to watch it in viet online...but I'd rather stick with it in chinese, they leave out a lot of words that make the story more entertaining when watching in viet.

Oh...and the beginning song's getting me hooked so bad. We just need one person that could type chinese to find out what the songs titles are and we'd be able to find it.

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Mar 13th, '07, 18:56

Vancoland, what ep are you up to? It seems you've fold like you said :P Anyways, EP3 towards the end will show a scene with the entire song playing :thumleft:

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 14th, '07, 05:46

I uploaded the songs for you people.

Opening Song
Title: 凤求凰 (Feng Qiu Huang)
Performed by: 姚婷 (Yao Ting)
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VLKYOKCE

Insert Song
Title: 两个人的罪 (Liang Ge Ren De Zui)
Performed by: 王蓉 (Wang Rong)
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HZLSW6LS

Ending Song
Title: 云的泪 (Yun De Lei)
Performed by: 姚婷 (Yao Ting)
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JO2I6M9M

The opening song is only about 2 mins long, so it's probably not the full version. But that's the best I could find. I'll also post the lyrics to the songs if you want.

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Mar 15th, '07, 01:47

Thanks Ueda, for those songs :D Btw, I pmed you about this project.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Mar 20th, '07, 06:57

Thanks Ueda, Those songs were driving me krazy trying to find.

yea crossvii...I kinda folded, but i'm still watching it in chinese, fortunately I know enough chinese to understand the storyline...not enough to know everything they're saying though. I kinda stopped after the memorable scene where feng shows thats shes a girl with the beginning song playing.

Don't worry though, I'm very much looking for your guys' release. I usually watch a series to its fullest, never skip anything like a lot of people. So if I do finish this series before you guys start releasing, be sure I'll watch it again when its done.

Edit: Oh Ueda, just wanted to let you know that you switched up the songs

beginning song: Wang Rong - Liang Ge Ren De Zui
ending song: Yao Ting - Feng Qiu Huang

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 20th, '07, 10:42

vancoland wrote:Edit: Oh Ueda, just wanted to let you know that you switched up the songs

beginning song: Wang Rong - Liang Ge Ren De Zui
ending song: Yao Ting - Feng Qiu Huang
Oh, I didn't know that since I haven't watched it yet. I just used the information that I found. :P

I agree it's a pretty nice song. :-)

calla9

Post by calla9 » Mar 25th, '07, 22:20

i was looking for this series.. please upload.. thanks in advance....

angelservants

Post by angelservants » Mar 26th, '07, 06:56

so its not out yet with subs? I really wanna watch this series.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Mar 26th, '07, 07:20

I watched this show when it came out because I absolutely loved the main actor... but I only watched the first 7 episodes because I found the girl to be really annoying. Maybe it's because she reminded me a lot of the little sister of the dead girl in Tian Long Ba Bu.

wakamoto

Post by wakamoto » Mar 29th, '07, 01:32

Keep up the good works guys!

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 29th, '07, 04:09

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Mar 29th, '07, 12:30

i wanna ask when will this series comes out??

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 31st, '07, 16:26

koua_xiong wrote:i wanna ask when will this series comes out??
If you're referring to the subs for this series, it won't be released anytime soon. All the guys seem busy right now so you gotta be patient.

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » Apr 1st, '07, 01:29

I just saw that Li Bing Bing is in the series, so I am glad that you guys are deciding to sub this!! Thanks.

Azn-amy

Post by Azn-amy » Apr 1st, '07, 06:54

yes,.. because it's better to understanding xD.. and i'm kinda learning mandarin^^

x1N5AN3x50ULJAHx

Post by x1N5AN3x50ULJAHx » Apr 8th, '07, 01:58

this looks like a good series. yes yes yes i would love to have it in english subtitles. most of the series that im trying to get are not in english subtitles and that sort of bugs me since i cant read chinese and i cant understand cantonese or mandarin (hakka speaker here). and for those who are subbing this, thanks so much for your guys hard work. and one more question, once you guys are done and everything is it going to be posted on this website or dramaholics?

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Apr 8th, '07, 02:11

a Li Bing Bing series! DEFINITELY SUB IT!

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Apr 9th, '07, 04:12

x1N5AN3x50ULJAHx wrote:this looks like a good series. yes yes yes i would love to have it in english subtitles. most of the series that im trying to get are not in english subtitles and that sort of bugs me since i cant read chinese and i cant understand cantonese or mandarin (hakka speaker here). and for those who are subbing this, thanks so much for your guys hard work. and one more question, once you guys are done and everything is it going to be posted on this website or dramaholics?
It will definitely get uploaded here at DA. We are probably going to post them at dramaholics as well but the site is down right now.

Thanks for the support everyone. ^^

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Apr 11th, '07, 06:47

are you guys going to post just the RAW?

I would love to watch it ahead...even though i can't understand Chinese, i can still pick up on few phrases and have a general understanding of what is happening....

12hiei21

Post by 12hiei21 » Apr 11th, '07, 19:03

hmmmm i dont rly want a sub for this, i like chinese dramas raw, will u upload the torrent for the raw first? :) cuz i have no trouble understanding english... If u must sub, then i can help translate, but i don't rly know how to sub:)

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Apr 12th, '07, 05:00

It's not hard. Just write down the translations in notepad or other text editor. If you are interested in subbing, feel free to pm Kandi and say that you would like to help Jiang Hu as a translator. :mrgreen:

angelservants

Post by angelservants » Apr 25th, '07, 19:46

cant wait till the subbed version comes out!

12hiei21

is this gonna come out soon?

Post by 12hiei21 » Jun 10th, '07, 04:09

its been ages, wats the update?

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: is this gonna come out soon?

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jun 10th, '07, 04:17

12hiei21 wrote:its been ages, wats the update?
If you check our wiki, this project has been shelved indefinitely. The original staff working on it have all gone MIA. We are already doing other projects so it's not wise for those not working on it originally to add this to their workload. We are still considered understaffed in particular areas (especially in timing). Unless we finish our current projects or get more people willing to work on it, this project will not be our priority.

avangion

Post by avangion » Jun 19th, '07, 12:38

What exactly do you need for Sword of the Outlaw? I might be able to help.

I can translate Chinese to English. I can do basic things with Aegisub, like adding subtitles and simple karaoke effects. I can do basic editing with VirtualDubMod.

I don't have the raw episodes though.

Edit: Did someone delete the info at the wiki page? It's blank. See http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sword_of_the_Outlaw
I was looking for info on this series. I found some at http://asianfanatics.net/forum/lofivers ... 67234.html

12hiei21

raw?

Post by 12hiei21 » Jun 21st, '07, 13:06

thats fine if u dont have the man power or w/e to translate or sub or w/e, can't u just seed it raw?

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: raw?

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jun 21st, '07, 18:13

12hiei21 wrote:thats fine if u dont have the man power or w/e to translate or sub or w/e, can't u just seed it raw?
The ones who have the dvds have gone missing on us. Even if they return, it is still up to them whether they want to upload raws for the series or not.

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » Aug 4th, '07, 02:51

oy oy oy~! indefinetly?

well....i found the vietnamese title for it if anyone is interested.

TRƯỜNG KIẾM TƯƠNG TƯ

you can watch it here:
http://www.phimhoa.us/forum/index.php?showtopic=3163

i would still like eng subs though.....cuz my vietnamese is not so good to understand complex wuxia words lol.

WindCross

Some mvs of I've uploaded

Post by WindCross » Aug 11th, '08, 10:48

em_pangit

Post by em_pangit » Mar 25th, '10, 05:14

This wuxia drama seem really interesting, too bad no subs for it. I don't mind so much if it ended that way. I actually prefer that kind of ending than one dies the other lives. I'm weird