[TwDrama] My Lucky Star (TTV/SETTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Litt0BoBo

Post by Litt0BoBo » Jan 5th, '08, 06:07

baka-ranger wrote:
Ya Rou is the main villain but there's a complexity to her that made her character dynamic and 3-dimensional. It wasn't just another superficial villain that we don't care about.
Yep, I agree with you A LOT there, they developed Ya Rou's character a lot giving her her own story and background to why she's such a b**** >__< I also think that even though she's the villain in the story..I can see where shes coming from and i begin to sympathize with her
Jimmy is still the little whirlwind that captured all of our hearts in what seem like ages ago. He continues to age but I don't think we have seen the last of him yet.
I surely hope its not the last of him, I want to see him in MORE modern dramas, even when hes aging I think he's still got a whole lot more talent that they can squeeze out of him=D and he seriously doesn't even look bad for his age XD

and the drama is indeed refreshing..for some reason
I agree with all of you! I liked the way they talked about everyone's a story. It doesn't only stick to the 2 main characters. It's impressive how Jimmy is still so cute with his age. :wub: I didn't know him when I started watching the serie and my sister went like: guess how old he is? I couldn't believe he already in the 30s :unsure: And in some angles he looks like a cute HK actor, Edison :P Jimmy and Ha Na make a really nice couple :whistling: Finished this drama in 3 days and LOVE it! Like Ninjabunny said, its a typical romance story and I think too its really because it doesn't elaborate too much nor not enought but just enough :mrgreen: I didn't even felt like I watched 20 ep. how good it was. There weren't any time for me to stop. The things followed so well :-)
Last edited by Litt0BoBo on Jan 20th, '08, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 5th, '08, 14:50

Litt0BoBo
I have a certain amount of hatred for you right now as i am only part way through the series and you have just spoilt it big time

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Jan 5th, '08, 21:04

baka-ranger wrote: I surely hope its not the last of him, I want to see him in MORE modern dramas, even when hes aging I think he's still got a whole lot more talent that they can squeeze out of him=D and he seriously doesn't even look bad for his age XD
There's no doubt that Jimmy is versatile and still has a lot of talent in him to entertain us for years to come. However, it is whether he wants to do it or not. He is one of, if not the wealthiest actor/singer in mainland and taiwan (est. 3 billion rmb). That's because he has his racing and many entrepreneurship. He lives his life according to his interests and hobbies and not enslave to trying to sustain some amorphous idea of fame in the entertainment business. So he doesn't need the money nor the fame. This gives him a lot of choices to pick and chose scripts. I am glad of this because that way he won't turn out crappy projects just to prove that he's still "hong".

What I like about him is that he's one of the most balanced person I know. No ego, a happy go lucky guy, strong work ethics, a great friend to everyone and alway smiling.

baka-ranger
Location: Either in Jap Disneyland or at the JE building stalking or recruiting boybands to join my JE Yakuza

Post by baka-ranger » Jan 6th, '08, 05:04

He is one of, if not the wealthiest actor/singer in mainland and taiwan (est. 3 billion rmb).
whoa I didn't know he was that rich O__O, well as long as he enjoys acting for himself then I'm fine with it.
I am glad of this because that way he won't turn out crappy projects just to prove that he's still "hong".
I agree, and I'd hate to see him in a crappy drama just trying to prove himself..it wouldn't seem like the Jimmy we know=__=
Litt0BoBo
I have a certain amount of hatred for you right now as i am only part way through the series and you have just spoilt it big time
haha..the comment should have been put under the spoiler tag yea?..too bad T__T, but your the same as me kinda..my mum told me most of the storyline before I started watching MLS and it wasn't really ruined for me..hope that doesn't ruin it for u

turbobenx

Post by turbobenx » Jan 11th, '08, 01:16

wat happen in the end? i think both girls r good looking

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Jan 11th, '08, 09:36

just curious...

did Yoo Ha Na speak Chinese through the entire series as her real voice or did it get dubbed???

i watched a clip of her on a Tawain variety show and she barely speaks Chinese???

baka-ranger
Location: Either in Jap Disneyland or at the JE building stalking or recruiting boybands to join my JE Yakuza

Post by baka-ranger » Jan 11th, '08, 09:41

I'm not sure if she spoke chineseor korean when filming, but ehr voice was dubbed throughout..if it changed at some point you'd be able to tell cause Yoo Ha Na's voice is pretty different from the dubbed voice..

she does speak chinese but I think its just conversational chinese, look back at ep 17 for behind the scenes and you see parts where she talks without the dubbed XD her voice is a bit deeper then the dub over

may930

Post by may930 » Jan 12th, '08, 23:46

at first i went to different sites and i happened to fall upon this drama a few times but when i read the summary, it didn't appeal to me...but i was on vacation so i decided to watch it and it was FREAKIN good...especially jimmy(or watever his name is)...he looks so young for his age...

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Jan 14th, '08, 23:47

Thanks to l_coco in asianfanatics forum for summarizing a news article:
Baidu (like google), the largest search engine in China, had an award ceremony for 30 awards on Jan 12, 2008 in Beijing. There are awards for
Most popular actor
Most popular actress
Most popular top 10 songs
Most popular movie
3 Most popular male singers
3 Most popular female singers
Most popular Taiwan and HK TV series, etc.
The award is given to the actor/actress/movie/series/group with the most searches. it's a popularity contest.

MY LUCKY STAR beat Hana Kimi, Romantic Princess, and the 2 very most popular TVB series 《金枝欲孽》、《溏心风暴》 to win the award. Mind you, this is among ALL HK/Taiwan series of 2007, not just idol series.

This should give everyone some incentives to watch this show. :cheers:

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Jan 14th, '08, 23:59

so should this! muahahha

bean

Post by bean » Jan 15th, '08, 15:58

Yes, yes Jimmy Lin is still the little whirlwind that capture my heart when i was small...

Even though nw he is nt as famous as he used to b back 8 years and even takeshi kaneshiro which in the same singing group with him is the most famous among all of them.. JIMMY still ranked 1st .. hehe.. :wub:

Cuti3Princ3ss

Post by Cuti3Princ3ss » Jan 20th, '08, 18:25

I love My Lucky Star. Its so good!!
&& Jimmy Lin looks great in it!!

xrevealx

Post by xrevealx » Jan 27th, '08, 23:34

i love My Lucky Star. it is by FAR the best drama ive seen. i dont think it drags at all. :D
Does anybody know where i could find the last episode with subs? i know that you can find them on veoh and youtube, but i want to download it.

bean

Post by bean » Jan 28th, '08, 17:24

xrevealx wrote:i love My Lucky Star. it is by FAR the best drama ive seen. i dont think it drags at all. :D
Does anybody know where i could find the last episode with subs? i know that you can find them on veoh and youtube, but i want to download it.
U can dl it from veoh... But 1st u nid to dl the veoh tvt and its free.. the link i'll post it down here. Give it a try.. Good luck.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v10088865YEWMEA2

madelinepoh
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by madelinepoh » Feb 3rd, '08, 19:56

xrevealx wrote:i love My Lucky Star. it is by FAR the best drama ive seen. i dont think it drags at all. :D
Episode 20: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_57816.htm :P

floakatrixie

Post by floakatrixie » Feb 10th, '08, 19:18

I just finished this drama and I totally loved it ! It is a must see. Jimmy Lin and Yoo Ha Na had great chemistry. There is no draggy part and the storyline is great. It wrapped up nicely in the end too.

rairai

Post by rairai » Feb 18th, '08, 09:23

almost through with MLS, 5 more epi and il definitely finish it later when i get home.. i watched epi 1 to 15 yesterday-straight.. it was soooo good.. it makes you hooked with the story, keeps you thinking waht happens next... in addition, the artists are cute.. specially jimmy lin!! kawaii!! he looks 10 years younger, right..

rairai

Post by rairai » Feb 18th, '08, 09:29

sarasa36 wrote: And it's true that the main character of the girl resemble to the one who has made My girl, the Korean drama.
yeah, i thought so too..

rairai

Post by rairai » Feb 19th, '08, 03:02

just finished watching MLS, and i could say it's one of the best dramas.. :salut: :cheers:

sarasa36

Post by sarasa36 » Feb 27th, '08, 11:11

Hi!

Could anybody tell me where can I find the ost of this drama???

Thank u!

d_silent_luv

Post by d_silent_luv » Feb 27th, '08, 14:17

sarasa36 wrote:Hi!

Could anybody tell me where can I find the ost of this drama???

Thank u!

youtube probably hav it or imeem.. try those two site..

lilpucal0v3r

Post by lilpucal0v3r » Mar 6th, '08, 23:56

Hi

is there any released softsubs (?) for my lucky star? i downloaded the raw version of this drama, and now i cant seem to find the softsubs (?). thanks =]

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 7th, '08, 00:26

lilpucal0v3r wrote:Hi

is there any released softsubs (?) for my lucky star? i downloaded the raw version of this drama, and now i cant seem to find the softsubs (?). thanks =]
There aren't any that I know of. DA has the Hardsubs only and I can't find softsubs elsewhere.

FBPPrelude

Post by FBPPrelude » Jun 6th, '08, 17:25

Best Taiwanese drama I've seen so far. Good on-screen chemistry, storyline, and racing scenes (Initial D) :lol. Yoo Ha Na is too beautiful and talented. Looking forward to seeing her in more dramas.

floakatrixie

Post by floakatrixie » Jul 30th, '08, 00:35

If you are looking for the raw version of this drama, go to asianvn.com.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Aug 19th, '08, 03:06

This is by far my FAVORITE TWseries, hands down. It was perfect in casting, writing, pacing, music. I loved that, yes, it was an idol drama, but it didn't fall into any of the old cliches of Idol dramas. Jimmy Lin and Yoo Ha Na were pitch perfect in their roles and had some of the best chemistry I've seen on screen. Plus, I found that Ha Na did a great job of playing a character without using her own voice - shame they had to dub her.

[Quick question: Ha Na was in the film Exit No. 6 and I think she spoke with her natural voice, both in Korean and Mandarin. Am I right about that? I believe it was made before MLS. I remember reading that she could speak Mandarin fairly well before getting the part in MLS, but the powers that be for MLS thought she couldn't speak it well enough for a role that would have her speak for 20+ hours.]

I remember hearing that Ha Na has a contract that would allow her to make two or three more dramas with the same team behind MLS (some of who are working on Fated to Love You). I do hope she works with Jimmy Lin again.

Currently, Ha Na is in First Wives Club in Korea, it's very popular - the show was supposed to be 50 than 80 episodes, but is now 100. As for JL, he is supposedly filming a series called A Legend of Shaolin Temple 2, right now. I wonder what it is about. Anyway, it's really great that these two are working, but I do hope they find time to work together in the future - and maybe this time Ha Na won't have to be dubbed.

Curiouschance

Post by Curiouschance » Aug 22nd, '08, 18:34

Just finished My lucky star.

It is the BEST Taiwanese Drama I've ever watched, it didn't drag at all.
Jimmy Lin looked dead good on My Lucky Star, but he looked better at with his brown hair! :wub:

aznsleepyhead

Post by aznsleepyhead » Feb 22nd, '09, 06:41

I think this is one of the best taiwanese dramas out there.I really like jimmy lin and hana together. They are really cute and i like the ending i don't wanna spoil it for anybody that might watch it so i'm not gonna say anything. If you wanna find out what happens go watch the drama

dheystar

Post by dheystar » Apr 3rd, '09, 13:03

..really luv tian qi ...

...jimmy lin and yoo hana both looks good..

..hope theres a sequel..

cc(,``o

Post by cc(,``o » Apr 7th, '09, 12:13

would any of you know the song that lin zhi ying san in episode 3? the one with the lyrics khan kuo lai? i'm sorry not good with the chinese language and my pc arent able to read chinese characters. already downloaded the ost but it doesnt seem like the song is there. any ideas where i can find it?

cc(,``o

Post by cc(,``o » Apr 10th, '09, 19:17

never mind answering my question. already found the song "dui mian de nu hai kan guo lai" there are a few versions unfortunately none sang by lin zhi ying =(

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Apr 20th, '10, 02:28

The only thing i don't like about this drama is that she was dubbed, it just feels unatural when you watch it.