[TwDrama] My Lucky Star (TTV/SETTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
angel_no.520

[TwDrama] My Lucky Star (TTV/SETTV, 2007)

Post by angel_no.520 » Feb 27th, '07, 13:41

Have anyone heard anything about this new drama with Jimmy Lin, Leon Jay Williams and Lee Wei?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/My_Lucky_Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYPCOfrhG0

I think that girl sounds alittle like Lee Da Hae's role in My Girl...

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Feb 28th, '07, 03:37

OMG, they are literally handcuffed together! Lol. When I was translating the summary, I thought of using some other word because I just thought that they meant that they were tied together by fate. Lol.

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Mar 12th, '07, 07:22

COOOL so many good taiwanese series come out at once~~~~

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 12th, '07, 07:46

for those who are searching...

icefish version episode 1 :: torrent

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Mar 12th, '07, 07:57

woah thanks habukie!!!!

arvinaty

Post by arvinaty » Mar 17th, '07, 19:19

is the dorama gonna be subbed? ^______^

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Mar 17th, '07, 19:27

arvinaty wrote:is the dorama gonna be subbed? ^______^
Yup :D

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Mar 18th, '07, 00:52

Wahhh.
Looks GOOD!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 19th, '07, 05:25

as usual, icefish is quick with their releases. :-)

Icefish episode 2 :: torrent

arvinaty

Post by arvinaty » Mar 20th, '07, 13:52

ethidda wrote:
arvinaty wrote:is the dorama gonna be subbed? ^______^
Yup :D
yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :D :D who's gonna sub it?
ya i know, so many questions ^___^""

and will the subs be synched to icefish or ydy? cos usually it's ydy :-)

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Mar 20th, '07, 14:40

It's going to be hardsubbed by SUBlimes, to the YDY version. You can check out the blog at http://ohsosublime.blogspot.com

novemberbaby

Post by novemberbaby » Mar 20th, '07, 16:13

i have yet to seen episode 2, but i already like what i saw in episode 1. i love car racing scenes =) plus, jimmy's very good-looking in this.

lilpig

thank you

Post by lilpig » Mar 20th, '07, 18:56

thank you sublimes for subbing the series as well as other good series that you guys have done. if you guys need any help, let me know. i'm not chinese, and can only understand the basics but i will help in any way i can. thanks again for your wonderful job.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 21st, '07, 14:02

have only seen ep 1 so far.. and one thing that really struck me was how young and good-looking jimmy lin still is! wow it seems like he's been in showbiz for a long time but the guy never ages! i wasn't a big fan of his during his reigning popstar days but he's looking pretty good in this drama.. he had me drooling over his baby-smooth complexion and cute face :w00t:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 22nd, '07, 01:22

hi furelise! i agree with you. jimmy just looks perpetually young. good genes, maybe? :-) what do you think about the series? and how does it compare to the other series out right now (if you're watching others)?
p.s. nice lee hom banner in your sig. :wub:

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 22nd, '07, 11:57

habukie wrote:hi furelise! i agree with you. jimmy just looks perpetually young. good genes, maybe? :-) what do you think about the series? and how does it compare to the other series out right now (if you're watching others)?
p.s. nice lee hom banner in your sig. :wub:
yeah! just look at him now..he could pass for a 17-year-old!! :lol
[img]http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/1977/03hj7.jpg[/img]
(pic courtesy of ydy)

i found ep 1 to be pretty fast-paced.. no draggy scenes here.. lots of plot development in the first ep.. story so far is more interesting than say, Summer x Summer (i've also only seen the first ep for that). i rather like the female lead too... strong-minded and bubbly type of character.. good acting from the korean actress. lots of car racing scenes (something jimmy lin is quite good at, i've heard). the soundtrack sometimes gave me a headache though. on that note, the show itself is not as polished as Summer x Summer where u see lots of bright, cheery colors and cutesy thought bubbles etc.

off-topic: thanks! i can't wait for leehom's new album to be out in may, then i could see him again on tv shows and promo tours!! :w00t:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 26th, '07, 04:17

hmm...i've only watched a few minutes, but i hope it's better than SxS. that show is pretty disappointing, at least the main characters... i didn't realize YuRong was in this, and then he's in the first scene. :lol

btw, episode 3 Icefish...

Episode 3 (screencaps) :: torrent

off-topic: i can't wait for may! :w00t:

EdisonLiu

Post by EdisonLiu » Mar 27th, '07, 01:42

I actually like it a lot. The driving scenes was pretty nice. The love in there is pretty complicated.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mar 27th, '07, 01:49

This drama looks good... how come the ratings are SO low?? 2.24 ???

voteforme

Post by voteforme » Mar 27th, '07, 02:19

--mod edit: if you have not gotten permission from the original uploader and do not credit them, direct download links cannot be posted here. instead, just direct people to the site. thanks for your understanding.

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Mar 28th, '07, 04:18

Holy crap, the Korean chick in this series is mad cute.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 28th, '07, 12:35

Keymaker wrote:Holy crap, the Korean chick in this series is mad cute.
and her acting is alot more natural than most young tw actresses.

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Mar 28th, '07, 14:05

Heh, I loved how they digitally altered the DVD covers on those adult movies in the love motel in Episode 2.

Binaa2

Post by Binaa2 » Mar 28th, '07, 14:34

Keymaker wrote:Heh, I loved how they digitally altered the DVD covers on those adult movies in the love motel in Episode 2.
Yea that made me laugh also.
I know no chineese but i've been watching it raw on youtube and been able to catch
most of what happens anyway.

taewei

YDY - Clubbox...

Post by taewei » Mar 29th, '07, 03:09

I don't know if this is appropriate to ask....

but does anyone know where i can find this series in either YDY or IF format in Clubbox?

I've searched: cbydy, xiaomao123 and alot of the other chinese clubboxes - and i can't find it....
:unsure:

Any information regarding this would be awesome thanks!!!!!!!

madelinepoh
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by madelinepoh » Mar 29th, '07, 21:29

Oh... My Lucky Star... So far so good... it is so much better than summer x summer, which was quite dissapointing for me :glare: I think that drama got too much exeggeration and i dun think i like joe cheng with long hair! :crazy: nway, back to this drama, i have to say that Ha Na is a very good actress :lol She really plays her role well and I like her personality in it. :-) The plot of the drama is not too draggy (until now) and Jimmy really looks cool in the racing part :w00t: hahaha.... i luv to watch drama with jimmy lin in it... :wub:

madelinepoh
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by madelinepoh » Apr 2nd, '07, 02:26

I just finished ep 4. 8) Omg, it is getting better and better!!!!!!! :thumleft: Cant wait for the next ep!!!!! :lol

angel_no.520

Post by angel_no.520 » Apr 2nd, '07, 20:37

I found this behind the scene clip on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMb15fSH ... ed&search=

P.S
It contains some SPOILERS of what will happen.
I thought it was funny the way they translated Yoo Ha Na's words in the rain. You could hear her saying in Korean "TianQi, I'm sorry", but they translated it in Chinese to "TianQi, don't go!" :P

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Apr 2nd, '07, 21:25

can someone post the torrent for episode 4+ the latest episode?
-i cant find it at icefish for some reason.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Apr 2nd, '07, 22:09

kurodreams wrote:can someone post the torrent for episode 4+ the latest episode?
-i cant find it at icefish for some reason.
Use this link here <-- that's the icefish torrent for ep 4

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Apr 2nd, '07, 22:38

ethidda wrote:Use this link here <-- that's the icefish torrent for ep 4
sankyu! so ep 4 is the latest episode right, and it airs every saterday.
-thanks i just lost track on which episode was last released and some reason i couldnt find it on icefish.

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Apr 3rd, '07, 04:49

WTF? While watching Episode 3, was I still watching My Lucky Star or was I watching live-action Initial D? :lol

tn4ever

Post by tn4ever » Apr 7th, '07, 15:01

does anyone know if whether this drama will be subbed in english soon? if so, what's the website? cause sublimes was gonna sub this drama, but they are no longer able to do so due the their busy schedule.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 7th, '07, 15:24

@tn4ever- Sublimes is still subbing it. They never announced that they were too busy and was going to drop the project. You're probably confused because they put the "?" as their subbing process but thats because they don't want heckling at them for a release or say 'how come this project is going faster than the other one?"...Anyways, episode one was released yesterday

madelinepoh
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by madelinepoh » Apr 7th, '07, 16:19

yeap. tat's right :lol We just released ep 1 yesterday. 8)

Have a look at http://ohsosublime.blogspot.com/

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 7th, '07, 18:06

Just finished watching episode 1 and unfortunately I got the first version before sublimes re-released it but it was still good. Can I just add that Jimmy Lin is as hot as ever?? God, I had a [celebrity] crush on this guy when I was younger and he still looks sooo good. :lol

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Apr 7th, '07, 22:44

Is it just me...or is the main girl in here voice dubbed?
I just watched it and I think it was.
Arghhhh.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 7th, '07, 23:39

malljclay wrote:Is it just me...or is the main girl in here voice dubbed?
Arghhhh.
It is. Since she's Korean, she can't speak mandarin as well. I don't really like dubbings either but what can you do but just watch the show

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Apr 8th, '07, 00:02

OvertheRainbow wrote:
malljclay wrote:Is it just me...or is the main girl in here voice dubbed?
Arghhhh.
It is. Since she's Korean, she can't speak mandarin as well. I don't really like dubbings either but what can you do but just watch the show

Yeah.
Sigh....
But i just like to here their real voices.
: )

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 8th, '07, 01:08

malljclay wrote: Yeah.
Sigh....
Yea me too..except for David Beckham's voice, I wish I never heard it [off topic]. I kinda hope that they made her learn her lines phonetically but I guess that might be too hard..anyways..can't wait for next episode. I went ahead and spoiled myself by viewing the other episodes without subs

tn4ever

Post by tn4ever » Apr 8th, '07, 01:11

oh really sublimes is still subbing this drama? great!!! I didn't know that cause the last time i was on that site, it said
"Subbing progress below ________________________________

unknown due to school, work, and life"

so i got disappointed and haven't checked the website since. thanks for letting me know and thanks for subbing. so excited now!! please continue to do so!! :)

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Apr 8th, '07, 02:34

Has anyone seen the prices of the food in Zhi Xing's uncle's restaurant in Episode 4? Oh man, NT$299-NT$499 for an entree dish outside of Taipei? That's ridiuclous, haha.

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Apr 8th, '07, 18:07

OvertheRainbow wrote:
malljclay wrote: Yeah.
Sigh....
Yea me too..except for David Beckham's voice, I wish I never heard it [off topic]. I kinda hope that they made her learn her lines phonetically but I guess that might be too hard..anyways..can't wait for next episode. I went ahead and spoiled myself by viewing the other episodes without subs
LMBO
Ahahaahh
Yeah...it's good so far.
It very tempting to watch w/o subs.
I saw the behind the scenes and sometimes
she speaks korean in her lines too.
Hm. Thats why the mouth doesnt match the word
I guess.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 8th, '07, 20:59

Keymaker- Some us aren't lucky enough to be able to watch up till episode 4 because we can't understand it...well I did anyways :P

When I was watching the first episode, I felt really bad for the other female actress' dad. Sure he did kidnap some people and asked for ransom but I wonder what his reasons were. Like if it was for buying booze then boo him but maybe he was trying to get money to raise her? I don't know but that was really the only emotional part for me.

malljclay- What's LMBO? I was trying to figure that out and I figure it was a variation of LMAO so is it "laughing my bottom off"?

By the way, I was sooooo sure that the pregnant woman was going to name her child after Zhi Xing since she did give her blood and all but I guess it would be too much to explain if the child ever asked.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Apr 8th, '07, 23:05

^ I don't think you should feel sympathetic for the dad. He couldn't have cared for her or the mother very much because (spoiler from ep 1)
he was trying to make his daughter prostitute herself out, just like the mother did. He called it "a little sacrifice".
That doesn't mean that I like the girl any more, though, because in some ways, she's just as selfish as her father.

In Chinese, you don't really name people after other people. At least, I don't anybody who has. The whole naming scheme works very differently in Chinese, where there is a last name, and then two characters for the first name. One of the characters is unique to you. The other denotes your generation in your family. (e.g. tian qi and tian jun, since they are the same generation from the same family (read: last name))

And ep 5 is out on IceFish! Go grabbing it now (even though I have yet to finish ep 4)[/spoiler]

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 8th, '07, 23:27

Yea..I know about what he made the mother do but I thought it was very hardcore of her to just cut ties like that and just let him die. I don't know, I have a very soft heart towards certain things like that and homeless people. :P Yea, the girl is pretty selfish. Thanks for clearing things up about chinese names. I like Tian Jun [the name] better.

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Apr 9th, '07, 18:29

OvertheRainbow wrote:Keymaker- Some us aren't lucky enough to be able to watch up till episode 4 because we can't understand it...well I did anyways :P

When I was watching the first episode, I felt really bad for the other female actress' dad. Sure he did kidnap some people and asked for ransom but I wonder what his reasons were. Like if it was for buying booze then boo him but maybe he was trying to get money to raise her? I don't know but that was really the only emotional part for me.

malljclay- What's LMBO? I was trying to figure that out and I figure it was a variation of LMAO so is it "laughing my bottom off"?

By the way, I was sooooo sure that the pregnant woman was going to name her child after Zhi Xing since she did give her blood and all but I guess it would be too much to explain if the child ever asked.

Yep. "LMBO" is laugh my butt off.
Something like that!

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Apr 10th, '07, 02:02

I have a question to those who've seen Episode 5 already. For those who like the series so far and haven't gotten to Episode 5, do not read the spoiler if you're curious at all costs, or you'll really regret it, haha.
Does Tian Qi's brother finally die in this episode? I'd really like to see what the story would be like when it shifts later in the future. I've been so lazy on getting around to see just the fourth episode.

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Apr 10th, '07, 02:14

ep 5 came out dis saterday right? lolz i cant find it on icefish again =.=; theres just a bunch of like gameshows and mvs uploaded. can someone post the link for ep 5? sankyus

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 10th, '07, 02:26

kurodreams wrote:ep 5 came out dis saterday right? lolz i cant find it on icefish again =.=; theres just a bunch of like gameshows and mvs uploaded. can someone post the link for ep 5? sankyus
here's the info(with screenshot) and here's the torrent.

noriblue

Post by noriblue » Apr 14th, '07, 06:41

Ahh, i was wondering about that girl's mandarin...
So they dubbed her voice. Yeah, I still prefer to hear her real voice ^^

heh, I saw the ratings on dramawiki, not sure how accurate it is, but it seems like My Lucky Star has HIGHER rating than Summer x Summer!! Wowowowow!!! I love Joe Cheng and Ruan Jing Tian. I love Jimmy Lin too!! I am so excited that MLS can beat SxS

Go MLS!!

amrie91

Post by amrie91 » Apr 14th, '07, 10:19

i think Summer X summer is overrated.
the main plot is like exactly the same as ISWAK..
My lucky star is soooo good tho!

Hands

episode 6

Post by Hands » Apr 18th, '07, 10:27

is it come up already?
i cant wait to see it :lol
the drama is cool

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 18th, '07, 16:13

does anyone want me to keep posting the icefish torrents? i'm not watching myself, so i don't keep up with them. anyways...episode 6 :: screencaps:: torrent

Hands

thx

Post by Hands » Apr 18th, '07, 16:23

torrent in here so slow hehe
u know when the drama end?
this drama become more and more great :lol

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 18th, '07, 16:34

^^haha. well, it's not the torrents are slow. it's me that's slow. the torrent was posted 3 days ago. i just don't watch the series and i don't get icefish files. so i kind of need reminders to keep posting. but don't worry. if even one person wants it, i'll keep posting them. :-)

hopefully it won't end for a while, b/c they still need to get started on the series to follow it...the one that's reportedly with MingEn! :cheers:

Hands

hehe

Post by Hands » Apr 18th, '07, 16:39

thx u because i dont really understand mandarin hehe :lol
so thx
yup
but in the wiki say that the drama end in the episode 9
still dont know

esptuning

Post by esptuning » Apr 18th, '07, 21:03

is it really just me? the acting is really really...bad...

i hope it's just because i haven't watched taiwanese dramas in a long time (and no i'm not saying it's bad because it's taiwanese...i practically lived in taiwan for a year)

anyway...driving scenes are decent as he actually does race, but the acting itself is pretty bad...or at least the script is...

EdisonLiu

Post by EdisonLiu » Apr 19th, '07, 13:55

I don't know what you think is bad. Be a little more specific on what you think is bad with the acting. Where, what episode, etc. as well as what is wrong with the script, as you have mentioned.

Don't make a blunt statement without actually have anything to back it up.

Can't wait for Episode 7 as well as Summer x Summer!!!

Hands

Post by Hands » Apr 19th, '07, 14:06

ya the drama is great its very sad see the girl cry because jimmy lin say like that to save his family company damn o ya ro

episode 7 fast i wanna see :roll

the drama is great if u say the drama is bad u better wash your eyes and see it again

angel_no.520

Post by angel_no.520 » Apr 23rd, '07, 00:08

I'm starting to hate Ou Ya Rou more and more for each episode :cussing:
Just because she can't get happiness doesn't mean that she should spoil someone else's!!!
It's not fair(if the spoilers i have read is true) that the brother has to die! He hasn't done any harm. Why does he has to die?? :cry:

dautuongtu

Post by dautuongtu » May 26th, '07, 05:58

OMG .... i finally found this topic. I only watched up to the 3rd episode :( ... I love this series so far

i hope I can watch the following episodes soon (with English sub)

lovejade

wonder when is the ending...

Post by lovejade » Jun 6th, '07, 19:25

Seems that one want know when is the ending episodes is. No information of this can be found at the official website. hai~

Does anyone have any inform on this?

*Cool, nice, exciting show with Handsome Jimmy. hehe.... =)

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Jun 6th, '07, 19:37

angel_no.520 wrote:I'm starting to hate Ou Ya Rou more and more for each episode :cussing:
Just because she can't get happiness doesn't mean that she should spoil someone else's!!!
It's not fair(if the spoilers i have read is true) that the brother has to die! He hasn't done any harm. Why does he has to die?? :cry:
Yeah, I finished ep 11, and that thing (the spoiler) happens in the preview...

I don't think there's a single redeeming quality about Ou Ya Ruo. She's not nice, considerate, smart, or even very pretty. (Ah Xing is so much prettier.)

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jun 16th, '07, 01:39

I love this series. The main girl is sooooo cute, i love her voice.

ticonuong1832004

Post by ticonuong1832004 » Jun 17th, '07, 01:15

does anyone know when will eps 5 out???? I am so addicted to this drama hichic

Kookiemonstar

Post by Kookiemonstar » Jun 17th, '07, 11:38

My brain seems to pick up a lot of mistakes like logical ones that are made in this series (e.g.
hong tian qi was about to be run over to prove his love for xia zhi xin but the people of ming ri xiang are right behind him, which means if hes run over, they will be too. 0.o)
But Its getting interesting and ill watch to the end. Qi Dai - ing

whywhylove

Post by whywhylove » Jun 21st, '07, 22:00

i'm only watching it for jimmy.. so far quite good

I also the love the girl, really really cute.. she's my only favorite character

chikordrama

Post by chikordrama » Jun 24th, '07, 23:46

Hi, I couldn't find this info anywhere. Maybe someone can help me out?

I've downloaded the YDY version of Episode 1 from various places and they all have the first 5min cut out for some reason. But, I noticed the Sublime hardsub version actually has the first 5min. Where may I be able to get the FULL YDY raw version that Sublime used? Thanks for any help! =)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 25th, '07, 00:32

Being perfectionists.... it's possible sublimes edits on the missing time. That's what we do for KO One because, on the DVDs, only every third episode has the intro. It's really easy if you know how to use your encoding program.

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jun 25th, '07, 00:49

Oh wow, even I didn't know that. Am I that oblivious of what goes on in SUBlimes? :blink

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 25th, '07, 01:05

XiaoPauli wrote:Oh wow, even I didn't know that. Am I that oblivious of what goes on in SUBlimes? :blink
Well, if your job is technical and you don't know if you guys edit videos or not.... then yes you are oblivious. :lol

virtual_bob

Post by virtual_bob » Jun 25th, '07, 04:03

Okay, I've got to admit ~ I'm an addict and to this show!

I started this last month on a whim and I can't get enough! Currently up to episode 15 ~ anyone else know where a good site to get the torrents from?

Regards!

Bob

Edit : I know it's been asked before but does anyone have any updated information on how many episodes this series will have?
Last edited by virtual_bob on Jun 25th, '07, 04:22, edited 1 time in total.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Jun 25th, '07, 04:11

yes, we did splice in the intros for the rest of the episodes. sadly, we had to do it for every episode past episode 8 for hana kimi. d'oh!