Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[TwDrama] Queen's (CTS, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

[TwDrama] Queen's (CTS, 2007)

Post by ethidda » Mar 8th, '07, 04:18

Just watched the 1st episode of it, downloaded from icefish... I thought it was pretty good, but definitely not as good as some of the other dramas being aired right now... What do you think?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 8th, '07, 04:48

i just saw that the first episode was up. i hadn't noticed it before. the synopsis from dramawikisounds quirky, so i'm not that interested in this other than the fact that joelle is in it. i also think the english name is quite odd. :roll i may just wait for summer x summer despite its english name also being quite strange. :P

CTS official site

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Mar 8th, '07, 05:09

It's not that weird, as far as manga-turned-drama shows go, but I think that the characterizations are a bit weak. I don't know... I don't like any of the characters very much.

I thought it was called Queen's because of the crossdresser(s).

Yeah, I think I'm going to wait for Summer x Summer and My Lucky Star...

helenmelon

Post by helenmelon » Mar 13th, '07, 06:15

omigosh guys, KEEP WATCHING IT
I'm on the fifth episode and it is REALLY REALLY good :)

on the other hand I watched the first episodes of both summer x summer and my lucky star, and they haven't captured my interest. maybe I'm weird, but this series is much more fun to me so far

plus the episodes seem to be coming out really really fast, are there new episodes daily, anyone know?

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 13th, '07, 09:30

This show airs Monday to Friday 8:00PM to 9:30PM on CTS.

The main guy's sisters remind me of cinderella's evil step-sisters. They would dump all the house works on him (the part where he had to wash their bras really had me going), try to get him in trouble (they told dad that he cross-dressed as Saber), and throw him to the wolves/Saber fans (they sold his naked baby pictures online to make $$), all because he is much more good looking than them. A woman's jealousy has no limits.

I began watching this show because of two people: Gong Ji An (playing Jin Yong Jun) and Joelle Lu (playing Lin Fu Nan.) I ended up loving this show! :wub: Must watch. So far, it's way better than Summer x Summer or My Lucky Star.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 14th, '07, 12:43

Kumaxell wrote:This show airs Monday to Friday 8:00PM to 9:30PM on CTS.
thanks for that information. I was really confused when I were looking for the torrents yesterday and saw that icefish has already released 6 episodes since I thought it were broadcasted once a week. so there are so many eps in one week? then the show should be finished in about 2-3 weeks.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Mar 14th, '07, 12:51

wha't sthe chinese title of this show?

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Mar 14th, '07, 15:50

至尊玻璃鞋 / Zhi Zun Bo Li Xie

(from dramawiki site)

Corona

Post by Corona » Mar 14th, '07, 16:01

Hmm, I'm curious now.. The synopsis sounds fun enough!

helenmelon

Post by helenmelon » Mar 15th, '07, 04:49

this show is like a mix of twisted romance and pointless comedy. like...green forest my home meets KO one, lol

gosh Tang Zhen Gang who plays Xie Xiong and Gong Ji An who plays Yong Jun are both SO HOT I have such huge crushes on both of them lol :P

sweetsweet
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sweetsweet » Mar 17th, '07, 03:45

Intangible FS have decided to sub this drama, along with Summer x Summer..We're currently in need of translators, timers and editors..Translators are very needed right now! If you like this drama and can help translate, please PM me. :wub:

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 25th, '07, 12:35

At first, I wasn't so keen on the Saber/ Tie Xiong vs Yong Jun arc. I was screaming, "Enough with the cross-dressing and sexual orientation issues! Move on!"
And, the storyline moved forward. Yong Jun found out who he really loves (thank goodness it's no one previously mentioned.) The process of how he found out is hilarious. He is the posterboy for "if you can't charm a person into helping you, you can always resort to blackmailing, bullying, or making underthetable deals." :mrgreen:

Poor Tie Xiong, always on the receiving end of blackmailing, bullying and other harrassments. He is so silly to think he can learn from Fu Nan how to be a manly man.

EdisonLiu

Post by EdisonLiu » Mar 27th, '07, 01:49

lol well, things can't be helped. Overall I love this serie. It is a serie you would want to watch again.

cutecat

Post by cutecat » Mar 29th, '07, 21:41

do you know who willing to sub. It sound reallyy funny and good.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 29th, '07, 22:26

cutecat wrote:do you know who willing to sub. It sound reallyy funny and good.
Intangible FS

yambasket

Post by yambasket » Apr 5th, '07, 18:51

I just watched the first episode and its really funny. i'm hooked! and i can't wait to watch the next episode! I'm enjoying this much so much more than summer x summer.

The main reason why I started watching this was because from the synopsis, its the kind of stupid (as in funny) non-angst comedy drama i like and it indeed is! (well so far for ep1)

I really like Tie Xiong's mum... And when I saw Lin Fu Nan (played by the beautiful Joelle) in ep1, i immediatlely thought of George Lam - in those 80's Guiness Stout ads! hahaha.

melly17

Post by melly17 » May 3rd, '07, 05:05

this show seems interesting...anyone know where I could download this series(no subs)? I really want to watch it. :D

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » May 6th, '07, 22:48

If you don't need the subs, then by all means, download it from here.
http://bt.ydy.com/view.php?tid=41761&language=cn
It's been a while since it came out. So I'm not sure if there is any seeds. Good luck!

My fav character in this show has to be Sun Ya Ying. She is the best friend everyone wants to have and everyone wants to avoid. You can't tell her any secrets because she can't keep any. But then again, she is the first one you want to talk to because she gets you. Oh gosh, I love her character so much.

xdieselx

Post by xdieselx » May 12th, '07, 21:43

The first episode was funny. The main lead girl is not pretty though. I'd rather have the two guys paired up. Hehe.

puffin

Post by puffin » May 20th, '07, 18:06

This series is so funny and cute ^___^ totally agree that this would have been the perfect follow-up to Hanakimi instead of Summerxsummer haha (cross dressing, gender confusion, manga references, GREAT!)

And ever since I watched go-go g-boys, I think the two main guys should hook up also :D !!

(can't wait to watch the 2nd episode too!)

yannielyy

Post by yannielyy » Jun 20th, '07, 07:44

Can i know where to download the opening theme of this drama?

puffin

Post by puffin » Jun 27th, '07, 22:03

The torrent from YDY is totally dead, but I found this one from btchina that's quite good, i managed to get the rest of the series super fast...

I'm on ep. 5... sooo funny >__< best love triangle yet! :D
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kerensky19

Anyone have a link for torrent download?

Post by kerensky19 » Jul 9th, '07, 13:37

Trying to find this drama, link for both ydy and btchina seems dead. anyone know where i can get this drama , with or without subs is fine.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 12th, '07, 17:12

Sine those sources are dead, you might just have to wait for the hardsub to come out on d-addicts. I don't know any other link host this show.

wangbu

Post by wangbu » Jul 17th, '07, 22:22

Kumaxell wrote:Sine those sources are dead, you might just have to wait for the hardsub to come out on d-addicts. I don't know any other link host this show.
Try downloading from here:

http://chinkymovies.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... i-xie.html

As of this writing, Ep03 and up doesn't have subtitles yet (they're also getting them from Intangible FS).... oooh I can't wait for the subs hahaha :)

wangbu

Episode summary for Queens, please?

Post by wangbu » Jul 25th, '07, 13:03

Hi!

Would someone who already watched all of Queens (and understood Chinese) please give some (spoiler) summary for each episode? So that I could have something to read while waiting for the eng subs to arrive?

I so liked watching this that I even watch the other episodes without subtitles... but too bad for me I don't understand anything at all, I'm really anxious at what's happening between all the characters.

Please? Please? Please? :roll :roll :roll

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 25th, '07, 20:37

I started watching this last week and really loved it. The story is too whacky and another gender bender (well the guy dressing up as a girl this time). But really Teddy is sooo pretty, no wonder guys even like him. LOL, he deserves better treatment. Can't wait for episode 4 because the guy might confess to him. Or try to avoid it like Han Kyul from Coffee Prince. Summer season is full of gender bender genres :scratch: but I don't mind :D

Was waiting for these genres to come out because it is my favorite when it comes to mangas. I need to find the manhwa for this. Oh hopefully Comic Con will have it. By the way whose going to Comic Con in San Diego?

wangbu

Post by wangbu » Jul 25th, '07, 20:56

garnet07 wrote:I started watching this last week and really loved it. The story is too whacky and another gender bender (well the guy dressing up as a girl this time). But really Teddy is sooo pretty, no wonder guys even like him. LOL, he deserves better treatment. Can't wait for episode 4 because the guy might confess to him. Or try to avoid it like Han Kyul from Coffee Prince. Summer season is full of gender bender genres :scratch: but I don't mind :D

Was waiting for these genres to come out because it is my favorite when it comes to mangas. I need to find the manhwa for this. Oh hopefully Comic Con will have it. By the way whose going to Comic Con in San Diego?
I love watching this series too.... way too funny I could laugh out so loud my neighbors would hear me. :lol

From what I guess while watching Ep4 (without subs... and I don't understand what they're saying) I think Yong Jun is trying to suppress his feelings for Tie Xiong. Especially when he accidentally kissed Tie Xiong here. That one's really funny.

yambasket

Post by yambasket » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:15

yeah i was laughing out loud too.. and I couldn't stop watching till I finished it. I spent 1 weekend, totally glued to my screen. The plot is pretty interesting, with enough twists, and it was super funny all the way. and of course both Tie Xiong and Yong Jun look good. Lin Fu Nan and Sun Ya Ying are so pretty, but they're very humorous too.

Queen's and Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu are the only 2 TW dramas I watched in their entirety, without skipping episodes (which I did for iswak hee hee). Queen's ending is also Not Crappy, unlike some other drama's filler final episode...

But my chinese is not that great so I can't really give the episode summaries - I didn't understand some of what was going on....

btw garnet07, another gender bender i just found is the web dorama Boku to Kanojo no XXX, based on the manga of the same title (english title is Your and My Secret). tvbt & yycaf has the chinese hardsubbed one, could't find eng subs.

I also found 3 volumes of the Queen's manhwa, published by Tokyopop. (I also had to go and get the manhwa after watching the drama. hee hee hee)

wangbu

Post by wangbu » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:49

yambasket wrote:yeah i was laughing out loud too.. and I couldn't stop watching till I finished it. I spent 1 weekend, totally glued to my screen. The plot is pretty interesting, with enough twists, and it was super funny all the way. and of course both Tie Xiong and Yong Jun look good. Lin Fu Nan and Sun Ya Ying are so pretty, but they're very humorous too.

Queen's and Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu are the only 2 TW dramas I watched in their entirety, without skipping episodes (which I did for iswak hee hee). Queen's ending is also Not Crappy, unlike some other drama's filler final episode...

But my chinese is not that great so I can't really give the episode summaries - I didn't understand some of what was going on....

btw garnet07, another gender bender i just found is the web dorama Boku to Kanojo no XXX, based on the manga of the same title (english title is Your and My Secret). tvbt & yycaf has the chinese hardsubbed one, could't find eng subs.

I also found 3 volumes of the Queen's manhwa, published by Tokyopop. (I also had to go and get the manhwa after watching the drama. hee hee hee)
Awww... I'd like to read the manhwa too, but I don't know if they're being sold in the Philippines. Well, if there are online copies out there... care to share? :wub:

sungie

Post by sungie » Aug 22nd, '07, 15:15

I recently started to watch the drama and am on episode 5 now. Haven't seen a tw-drama this good for a while. The cast is good :)