[TwDrama] It Started With A Kiss 2 (CTS/GTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Simple_Insecurities

Post by Simple_Insecurities » Dec 24th, '07, 03:51

@P0KEY: HAHA uw ^_____^
@bunny05: mm it SHOULD be the UNCUT version but i do not guarantee it 100%
but from what i could tell... it should be the uncut version.. I personally am waiting for hardsubs before I start dling -__-.. hope they are coming out with hardsubs >_<

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 24th, '07, 06:38

Ahhh! The wait for subs are killing me. I must go to sleep.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Dec 24th, '07, 07:21

yenchan69 wrote:
shuurei wrote:I don't think Xiang Qing is dumb. If she really was, no matter how hard Zhi Shu tries to tutor her, she wouldn't understand it. I think she's a little clueless that she acts a little weird (remember the costume party where she dressed-up as a japanese ghost?) or that she has stalker tendencies. lol! She has this sweet innocence that she never thinks ill of other people. In fact she's so positive that her personality is all sunshine and daisies and maybe that is where all her energy comes from.
Its stuff like how is it possible that you can cook and not taste what you've cooked at all before putting it on the table? Or fight to take work away from a coworker, telling the manager you type very fast but you really can't type at all. And on top of that get upset when he points out your mistakes? That just goes beyond dumb to willfully stupid. Or you can't send a fax when there are INSTRUCTIONS on the machine!! I just wanted to reach through the TV screen and smack her. I just find her a waste of space. I don't find stupidity "sweet" or "innocent" at all. Yu Shu is innocent and he's not stupid. Xhi zsu's Mom is sweet and she's not stupid.

And about the bit about not thinking ill of other people, I thought she treated all the sweet boys who liked her abominably badly considering her own situation. Talk about being completely self-absorbed.

I also don't see how you could say her personality was all sunshine and daisies when she spent the whole drama pouting and scowling because Xhi zsu didn't pay attention to her.

Sorry to disagree with you but as a heroine she was HORRIFYING to the name of good women everywhere. LOL!

That said, I'm still hooked on this drama... I keep hoping she'll mature into someone I can respect. Until then...its all about Joe Cheng! Heh-heh...
I've met dumber people than Xiang Qin...yes, go to your local walmart and just stare at people....you will find all kinds of stupidity. You could find even more at your local community college...thinking how the hell are THEY going to school?

There are tons of people who never taste their foods before they serve it...or taste it and think its edible. For one person who could operate a fax machine...theres 10 that don't know where to start. Although Xiang Qin is a little weird, like shuurei said before, she has a sunshine about her that makes me want to keep watching. Her actions might have made you mad, but those things cracked me up.

She never does think ill of people...although she did treat the other boys kinda bad, it wasn't her intentions. When you're in love, you do stupid things...I know from experience. And she did think back to her actions and felt bad...and I know girls much more than boys don't notice treating their "guy" friends bad when they have a crush on someone else.

Although I don't think Xiang Qin is a representation of every girl, shes not out the norm. She brings a brightness to optimism to another level and it all unfolded into success in the first season. What more do you want from a love story...and the soundtrack was bomb.

pasaway01

Post by pasaway01 » Dec 24th, '07, 12:06

waaaaaaaah! i do have 1618 peers and counting but no seeds! what should i do about that??????

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Dec 24th, '07, 12:34

Cathy-ann

Post by Cathy-ann » Dec 24th, '07, 12:59

Thank you soooo much!!!!

KawaiiD

Post by KawaiiD » Dec 24th, '07, 17:10

OMfg they kiss again is so funny IM LOVING IT :D

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 24th, '07, 18:26

vancoland wrote: I've met dumber people than Xiang Qin...yes, go to your local walmart and just stare at people....you will find all kinds of stupidity. You could find even more at your local community college...thinking how the hell are THEY going to school?

There are tons of people who never taste their foods before they serve it...or taste it and think its edible. For one person who could operate a fax machine...theres 10 that don't know where to start. Although Xiang Qin is a little weird, like shuurei said before, she has a sunshine about her that makes me want to keep watching. Her actions might have made you mad, but those things cracked me up.

She never does think ill of people...although she did treat the other boys kinda bad, it wasn't her intentions. When you're in love, you do stupid things...I know from experience. And she did think back to her actions and felt bad...and I know girls much more than boys don't notice treating their "guy" friends bad when they have a crush on someone else.

Although I don't think Xiang Qin is a representation of every girl, shes not out the norm. She brings a brightness to optimism to another level and it all unfolded into success in the first season. What more do you want from a love story...and the soundtrack was bomb.

oh yeah, I agree with you, I have certailnly met dumber people in my life too, but that doesn't mean I can root for them as the heroine in a love story. I feel sorry for the guys they end up with, too... and then think those guys probably deserve it for not really caring whether a woman has a brain or not (one can guess they were after just one thing). All the aggravation in their future, well, they chose it.

Same goes for the Xhi Zsu. I just finished ISWAK 1 and I cringed for the poor boy during the wedding (tho I did laff my ASS OFF!) but I guess he went into the marriage with his eyes open. It doesn't spell a "Happily Ever After" to me, so therefore, it failed (in my eyes) as a romance. Though I guess the producers thought so too (re: the HEA) because here comes ISWAK 2! ;)! Maybe NOW she can mature into someone I can respect!! :D!

Turn the stupidity AROUND, Woman, I know you can do it!!!! Aja!! :cheers:

Oh, and the soundtrack DOES rock! :D!

wrongwaves

Post by wrongwaves » Dec 24th, '07, 21:45

angeljocelyn wrote:TKA songs... i uploaded it Sendspace

Opening Song : XING FU HE ZUO SHE - http://www.sendspace.com/file/t8h7yu

Ending Song : Ni ( Ariel Lin) - http://www.sendspace.com/file/xitwp9
thank you so much, I was going crazy searching the ending song :salut:

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 24th, '07, 23:21

What kind of dog is Xiao Ke Ai?

ndhaa

Post by ndhaa » Dec 25th, '07, 00:14

thaaaaank youu!! wow that was quickly! it was aired yesterday and now the subs are there! though there are only the first 3 parts but i'll be waiting patiently for it ^^

ScrambledWords

Post by ScrambledWords » Dec 25th, '07, 06:14

Thanks, Simple_Insecurities!

dreampryncezz

Post by dreampryncezz » Dec 25th, '07, 14:18

StealthGnome wrote:What kind of dog is Xiao Ke Ai?
I believe a sheep dog. =) It's sooo adorable. I want one!

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 25th, '07, 18:15

Me too. hao ke ai :)

Carmui

Post by Carmui » Dec 26th, '07, 00:08

so cool!! i cant believe it's finally out!!!!!!

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 26th, '07, 02:05

This sequel has far exceeded my expectations!

Every scene has me rolling on the floor laughing! Zhi Shu's parents are sooo funny!

and I love Zhi Shu's coldness towards Xiang Qin......it makes it so much more special when he's sweet to her.

The only gripe is.....2 episodes, and still no signs of Arron Yan.

I watched everything through and through.....but I did fast-foward a bit during the parts where Xiang Qin went to visit Zhi Shu to give him breakfast and then Ah Jin shows up after misunderstanding a few things...... I don't do well with embarrassing confrontations so I had to skip that part. =X

Joe Cheng's haircut makes him look so much more clean-cut. More doctor-like? XD

I can't wait to watch episode 3:
Joe Cheng goes to play tennis! and Xiang Qin gets sexually harassed?! could it be? what will Zhi Shu do?
*dun dun dun*

pasaway01

Post by pasaway01 » Dec 26th, '07, 03:03

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 26th, '07, 05:14

I just finished watching episode 2 and I'm all giddy. This has got to be the best drama sequel ever! Xiang Qin is hilarious, and Joe looks better than he did with longer hair. The little brother got a lot older too!
and talk about a dysfunctional family. What kind of parents follow you to your honeymoon and take pictures? :blink
Jiro looks cute too! I really hope he finds someone in this drama. I feel so bad for his character....always pining after Xiang Qin.

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 26th, '07, 05:18

lilswtangel wrote:I can't wait to watch episode 3:
Joe Cheng goes to play tennis! and Xiang Qin gets sexually harassed?! could it be? what will Zhi Shu do?
*dun dun dun*
hahaha!
I don't know. Joe Cheng usually keeps his cool. He might be pissed but he usually keeps it in. But, maybe this is the episode where he fights the creepy genius? That'd be hot. :P

iggy

Post by iggy » Dec 26th, '07, 06:26

Hey!!! does any one upload the movie or the torrent file yet?

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 26th, '07, 06:58

WAIT! There's a movie? What is it about?

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Dec 26th, '07, 09:47

StealthGnome wrote:WAIT! There's a movie? What is it about?
some people call dramas, movie.

Xiang Qin hasn't changed since ISWAK 1, but it's expected. I mean they just recently got married and you can't expect someone to change so much in a few months. If it started like 2 years after they were married or something, I would expect some maturity.

She's stupid and ditzy now, but I think in this series, we're see her evolution to an a goofy and lovable, but more mature adult.

Yea, I really like ISWAK 2. It's cute.

I'm a little annoyed how Xiang Qin hasn't adapted to Zhi Shu's personality. He isn't the mushy, cute, lets hold hands kinda guy. But if there is no conflict, it wouldn't be call a drama.

pasaway01

Post by pasaway01 » Dec 26th, '07, 10:38

pics from tka booklet
credit: joefamily

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 26th, '07, 13:18

pasaway01 wrote:pics from tka booklet
credit: joefamily
wow! Thanks for sharing those!! I love the one where he's turning Yushu's head away, LOL!

pasaway01

Post by pasaway01 » Dec 26th, '07, 14:19

attention everyone!!!!

this coming saturday, december 29, GTV will once again start broadcast of TKA at 9:30pm because they now changed the time from 10:30 to 9:30 permanently... BUT ...before the broadcast of the 2nd episode this saturday, there will be a 30 minute special starting at 9pm...

make sure you tune in early cause TKA will start at 9 (for the special) continuing at 9:30 (episode 2)

in chinese:

12/29(六)

21:00 ~ 21:30 《惡作劇2吻》SP版

21:30 ~ 23:00 《惡作劇2吻》第二集

01/05(六) 起 《惡作劇2吻》播出時間 更改為每周六晚間9:30播出

posted by maytan00101 of soompi

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 26th, '07, 23:53

There's a new guy in the family? Yi Shu couldn't have grown up that much.

iggy

Post by iggy » Dec 27th, '07, 02:08

no i think that kid still the same!! lol it just he got taller lol

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 27th, '07, 02:11

Wow! Yi Shu looks a lot different now. A High Schooler all grown up.

ohcrapimonfire

cynical

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Dec 27th, '07, 05:29

Am I the only one annoyed with Zhi Shu's character? I didn't really mind that he was pretty cold and indifferent to her before since he didn't have an obligation to her until the end, but now that they're married, you would think he would be more inclined to treat her like a human being. I'm all for the aloof, strong-man persona in chick flicks and dramas, but he's just downright mean to her sometimes, probably because she can't stand up for herself. Bother bother. Hope he warms up to her so I don't spend an episode watching him ignore her only for 5 minutes of the end realizing he loves her.

That being said, I still love the show in general and Joe Chen's hotness level has increased by approximately one million and a half points thanks to his new ridiculously hot haircut. Jackpot!

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 27th, '07, 05:35

Notice his personality in public opposed to being in private.
Maybe he will open up as the season gets going. It's only the second episode!

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Dec 27th, '07, 05:43

I don't know, even in private, save for the sparsely placed lovey dovey scenes, he is still pretty mean. Again, hope he warms up as the season goes on, otherwise I'll probably still be annoyed on behalf of the fictitious character Xiang Qin. 8)

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 27th, '07, 06:04

I still see Zhi Shi as being very sweet when the two are alone.

Oh come on. Are dramas suppose to be real? It's the fun and entertainment that makes a drama good. Can't spell drama without d-r-a-m-a! Xiang Qin is a great character to watch.

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Dec 27th, '07, 07:50

I'm not trying to start a debate, just putting my opinion out there, and I think it's a valid one. I don't expect dramas to be realistic in the slightest but I don't really think there's anything wrong with saying that I don't think it's "fun" to see some chick get mistreated for 45 minutes and then 15 minutes of it be inexplicably peachy.

My favorite part of this drama (aside from the obvious eye candy) is actually the hilariously clingy family dynamic... I kind of wish that my family would put up a power rangers-like mural up in our living room. I also think that the tension between Xiang Qin and Zhu Shi is fine and drives the story, but there's a distinct difference between being aloof and being mean, and i think in this season, probably because now they're married and he's supposed to treat her better, it comes off more cruel than it does cute to me. But, that's just how I see it for now, but I'm sure he'll warm up to her later in the series. And then, one day (ISWAK 12?), they will both evolve to be as silly and loving as Zhu Shi's mom and dad and spy on their kid and kid-in-law's vacation, too... :P

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 27th, '07, 07:58

LOL! That would be funny!

Don't forget, this is a Taiwanese drama. The culture of the country reflects into the drama. Housewives in Taiwan (and many other countries in Asia) would stay at home, tidy up, cook and other things like that. It's different from, let's say, Desperate Housewives here in the States.

bakki

Post by bakki » Dec 27th, '07, 08:38

OMG OMG OMG I'M SO INSANELY HAPPY THAT IT FINALLY AIRED!!
and to realize it when two eps are already watchable is quite good, ihih! tonite I'll swallow theM down!!

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO PROVIDED THE TORRENTS AND TO THOSE WHO PROVIDED THE LINKS OF THE SUBBED STREAM VERSION *__*

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Dec 27th, '07, 09:14

ohcrapimonfire wrote:I'm not trying to start a debate, just putting my opinion out there, and I think it's a valid one. I don't expect dramas to be realistic in the slightest but I don't really think there's anything wrong with saying that I don't think it's "fun" to see some chick get mistreated for 45 minutes and then 15 minutes of it be inexplicably peachy.

I also think that the tension between Xiang Qin and Zhu Shi is fine and drives the story, but there's a distinct difference between being aloof and being mean, and i think in this season, probably because now they're married and he's supposed to treat her better, it comes off more cruel than it does cute to me.
I don't think he's being mean. He's just being himself. How did he mistreat her? He loves her and wants her to be more confident and less clingy. We all know that Xiang Qin really loves Zhu Shi but the girl needs to calm down. I think this season it's gonna be about her evolving into an independent person with a decent healthy relationship with Zhu Shi instead of the stalkish relationship she had with him before.

I like it so far. I never thought he was being mean. DUDE was like trying to plan a presentation. He was busy with school. She just wants to hang out. Her friends even made thing worst by spreading the info that they have not registered for marriage.

I mean, I think people need to butt out of their relationship. I could understand Zhi Shu's reaction when being confronted by Ah JIn. Seriously, who wants to get advice from their wife's ex-stalker. NO one!

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Dec 27th, '07, 10:28

I agree to an extent. Ah Jin is a really irritating character (though, again, eye candy). And as much as I think that the family is one of the best supporting casts I've seen in a Tw-drama, they make me cringe with their overbearing nature sometimes (like the ridiculous nursery, even though it was hilarious). But if this season is about having a healthy, decent relationship then normally that would include concessions on both sides, particularly Xiang Qin being more mature and independent and less clingy, which is where I guess the wanting to be a teacher story arc will come in. Also Zhi Shu being able to communicate like a normal human being and just flat out explain to her stuff that he knows is bothering her will probably be the end result, too.

I get that a functioning relationship doesn't make for as good TV as this cold/hot thing they have going is pretty exciting to watch, and I understand that they are with each other for reasons deeper than what is on the surface (well maybe Zhi Shu's reasons are more so than Xiang Qin). I also appreciate the original plot of the show very much. But my point is that as of the first two eps 80% of the time I personally don't see his attitude toward her as loving or caring, even if he does follow his cold stare with an occasional smirk and saves her/secretly helps her sometimes, particularly now because they are married. That's not to say that she's without flaw, too. It could just be how the character of Zhi Shu is acted, who knows, but it's probably because they are married now, and you'd expect a relationship to change a liiiiittttle bit more (or a lot more) as a result.

And I'm not hating on the show either; it's one of my favorite all-time dramas, so there's no need to defend it to me. It's just an observation and opinion. I'm checking obsessively for the third episode just like everyone else, and I'm hoping to see more good vibes between those two because it would make my day.

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 27th, '07, 13:27

ohcrapimonfire wrote:I'm not trying to start a debate, just putting my opinion out there, and I think it's a valid one. I don't expect dramas to be realistic in the slightest but I don't really think there's anything wrong with saying that I don't think it's "fun" to see some chick get mistreated for 45 minutes and then 15 minutes of it be inexplicably peachy.

I also think that the tension between Xiang Qin and Zhu Shi is fine and drives the story, but there's a distinct difference between being aloof and being mean, and i think in this season, probably because now they're married and he's supposed to treat her better, it comes off more cruel than it does cute to me. But, that's just how I see it for now, but I'm sure he'll warm up to her later in the series. And then, one day (ISWAK 12?), they will both evolve to be as silly and loving as Zhu Shi's mom and dad and spy on their kid and kid-in-law's vacation, too... :P

I'm totally with you on this one. Who can understand this love affair. I have so many complaints about this series but I can't stop watching! LOL!!

But here's my observation: I spent all of ISWAK 1 waiting to see what about stupid Xiang Qin that genius Xhi Zsu would fall in love with and by the end he says that its because he finds it easy to be "himself" with her (notice the complete narcissism here)...I took this to mean that with her he can be as mean as he likes and she'll still like him. Everyone else only takes so much crap before they cut him off.

Remember with the corporate fiancee he tried to acquire how polite he was to her and her family? And when he's mean to Xiang Qin in front of her, he says to her that he won't ever be that cruel to her...at which point she took that to mean that he didn't love her...remember that bizarre conclusion??

So I'm guessing what we're supposed to understand from that is that the meaner Xhi zsu is, the more he's expressing his love to Xiang Qin.

LOL!! How's that logic??

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...whahahahahahaha!

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 27th, '07, 13:30

Bakki...um...off-topic but ...who's that insanely hot guy in your avatar??

bakki

Post by bakki » Dec 27th, '07, 18:03

yenchan69 wrote:Bakki...um...off-topic but ...who's that insanely hot guy in your avatar??
wah! HOT ISN'T HE??
U surely (maybe) know him, it's Yamashita Tomohisaaka YAMAPI, in this pic is hard to recognize but MAN is hooooottttt!!! >.<

anyway sorry for going off topic, I can't wait to watch the eps in a couple of mniutes >.<
Last edited by bakki on Dec 27th, '07, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 27th, '07, 19:17

whoops sorry! left post by mistake.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Dec 27th, '07, 19:49

I like how you guys wrote a whole essay on just the first 2 episodes...lolz. I think we should all put down our expectations of what the drama is going to turn out like...its only going to disappoint you. Like the first season where you carelessly watched it and everyone was happy. You guys want Xiang Qin to mature...I want her to stay the same...yes, I want a 3rd season also.

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 27th, '07, 22:40

vancoland wrote: Like the first season where you carelessly watched it and everyone was happy. .
I wasn't happy. That's why i'm trying again with ISWAK 2. I'm hoping for a better result. heh-heh. ;)

I thought ISWAK 1 was crap, personally. Extremely watchable crap, however, don't get me wrong., hahaha It just never reached the level of making any sense. What's so wrong with hoping for improvement? Let us dream, my friend! let us put those good vibrations out there.. ;)

Y.

meteorjc
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meteorjc » Dec 27th, '07, 23:07

Personally, ISWAK 1 is a great drama that made me crazily addicted. I'm hoping for a better result then season one though........

i just love joe character,............he look so hot with his new hair cut.

XTC1212

Post by XTC1212 » Dec 27th, '07, 23:13

does daddicts have ISWAK 2 on torrents? if so what is it under? I searched It started with a kiss 2 and they kiss again; both yielded no results for ISWAK2.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Dec 28th, '07, 00:07

yenchan69 wrote:
vancoland wrote: Like the first season where you carelessly watched it and everyone was happy. .
I wasn't happy. That's why i'm trying again with ISWAK 2. I'm hoping for a better result. heh-heh. ;)

I thought ISWAK 1 was crap, personally. Extremely watchable crap, however, don't get me wrong., hahaha It just never reached the level of making any sense. What's so wrong with hoping for improvement? Let us dream, my friend! let us put those good vibrations out there.. ;)

Y.
Crap is a strong word...especially since this is your most active thread. If you want to watch crap, i can name a ton of dramas...but I don't go into the those threads and discuss at length about the sequel when I hated the first one. We all know that you're addicted to ISWAK...and love it so much...lolz. :mrgreen:

Hey...nothing wrong with improvement...but theres only one thing i like to see improved. ONE episode per week sucks...yes, i would like to watch it straight....24 hours in a row.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Dec 28th, '07, 00:49

yenchan69 wrote: But here's my observation: I spent all of ISWAK 1 waiting to see what about stupid Xiang Qin that genius Xhi Zsu would fall in love with and by the end he says that its because he finds it easy to be "himself" with her (notice the complete narcissism here)...I took this to mean that with her he can be as mean as he likes and she'll still like him. Everyone else only takes so much crap before they cut him off.

Remember with the corporate fiancee he tried to acquire how polite he was to her and her family? And when he's mean to Xiang Qin in front of her, he says to her that he won't ever be that cruel to her...at which point she took that to mean that he didn't love her...remember that bizarre conclusion??

So I'm guessing what we're supposed to understand from that is that the meaner Xhi zsu is, the more he's expressing his love to Xiang Qin.

LOL!! How's that logic??

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...whahahahahahaha!
I think he was frustrated and trying to push her during that time. He didn't love the corporate fiancée and he already had suppressed feelings for Xiang Qin. I think Zhi Shu felt trapped and burdened by his parents.He wanted to be independent and being with Xiang QIn will ruin everything he thought he wanted. I mean you could tell from the Episode where the little when to the hospital. He kissed her chin or something.

I think Zhi-shu had some serious Mother complex from his childhood being dressed and treated like a girl. Seriously, he just wanted to break free from this mother's grasp.

I think this drama is logical. It's more in depth than most Twdrama.

I don't understand why people are complaining about how Zhi-Shu would fall in love with someone like Xiang Qin. Love isn't logical in a lot of cases. A lot of people fall in love with someone and they don't even know why or when. It just happened.

I think the reason why Zhi-Shu fell for XQ is because she is someone who is not like him.
He's robotic and doesn't understand the simple joys of life while XQ is the total opposite. She is optimistic, nurturing, and emotionally vibrant. Zhi-Shu is probably fascinated by her. He probably envies her in a way.

We can't read people, sometimes we expect someone to do one thing, but they do the opposite. Isn't that life and human nature in general.

I can understand Zhi-Shu because I have the aloof personality too. I just don't care sometimes but it doesn't mean I don't care. I think a lot of things I find unimportant are extremely important to others.

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 28th, '07, 01:53

vancoland wrote:
Crap is a strong word...especially since this is your most active thread. If you want to watch crap, i can name a ton of dramas...but I don't go into the those threads and discuss at length about the sequel when I hated the first one. We all know that you're addicted to ISWAK...and love it so much...lolz. :mrgreen:

Hey...nothing wrong with improvement...but theres only one thing i like to see improved. ONE episode per week sucks...yes, i would like to watch it straight....24 hours in a row.
hahahaha, I know...psychotic, huh? But actually...its my most active thread because I just finished watching it two days ago (30 hours in a row--yes, one hour a week DOES SUCK!!) and I am still working through my unresolved feelings about it. heh-heh.

And I didn't say I hated it. If I hated it I wouldn't have watched all 30 hours of it. LOL... I'm pissed at it, that's all... Of course, if ISWAK 2 doesn't pan out, I MAY in fact end up hating it. LOL....

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 28th, '07, 02:15

Coming from a man with feelings, I agree with all your points!
I think he was frustrated and trying to push her during that time. He didn't love the corporate fiancée and he already had suppressed feelings for Xiang Qin. I think Zhi Shu felt trapped and burdened by his parents.He wanted to be independent and being with Xiang QIn will ruin everything he thought he wanted. I mean you could tell from the Episode where the little when to the hospital. He kissed her chin or something.
Zhi Shu wanted things to go back to normal. No surprises, no chaos. It all started with Xiang Qin. If Xiang Qin left the picture, maybe he would be able to lead the boring #1 lifestyle he had before she came. Of course it didn't work. That's why we have the sequel!
I think Zhi-shu had some serious Mother complex from his childhood being dressed and treated like a girl. Seriously, he just wanted to break free from this mother's grasp.
Being forced to crossdress by your mother will have traumatic effects on anyone. This might be why he was emotionally cold before Xiang Qin.
Yes! Yes! Love at its finest. Making a man go crazy!
I don't understand why people are complaining about how Zhi-Shu would fall in love with someone like Xiang Qin. Love isn't logical in a lot of cases. A lot of people fall in love with someone and they don't even know why or when. It just happened.
Love is love is love, as my English teacher would say.
I think the reason why Zhi-Shu fell for XQ is because she is someone who is not like him.
He's robotic and doesn't understand the simple joys of life while XQ is the total opposite. She is optimistic, nurturing, and emotionally vibrant. Zhi-Shu is probably fascinated by her. He probably envies her in a way.
Xiang Qin brings the wild side out of him, makes him feel human. A perfect pair.
We can't read people, sometimes we expect someone to do one thing, but they do the opposite. Isn't that life and human nature in general.
I feel this is what made the drama spectacular. In the sequel, it's a bit more clear. We understand the characters and their motives. Zhi Shu isn't driving away Xiang Qin. At most he is aiming for personal gain such as education instead of caring for his wife but we now his true intentions are not bad.
I can understand Zhi-Shu because I have the aloof personality too. I just don't care sometimes but it doesn't mean I don't care. I think a lot of things I find unimportant are extremely important to others.
:cheers: Thank you. I feel the exact same way.

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 28th, '07, 02:28

nophankh wrote: I think he was frustrated and trying to push her during that time.
I agree. But that's what makes me crazy. Nothing changes about her to NOT frustrate him. How can he live happily ever after with someone whose sheer ineptitude obviously frustrates him so much?? And the worst part is that he takes it out on her! So HE doesn't get to live happily ever after, SHE doesn't get to live happily ever after and *I* can't get my HEA, so I can relax and enjoy the romance like I should, dammit! LOL!!!!
nophankh wrote: He didn't love the corporate fiancée and he already had suppressed feelings for Xiang Qin. I think Zhi Shu felt trapped and burdened by his parents.He wanted to be independent and being with Xiang QIn will ruin everything he thought he wanted. I mean you could tell from the Episode where the little when to the hospital. He kissed her chin or something.

I don't think his feelings were suppressed. He liked her and at the same time he was clearly horrified that he liked her. Its the only part of the drama that made sense to me and kept me watching. The point is, what changed to make him less horrified? Nothing that I could see... if you guys have any ideas, please enlighten me.

nophankh wrote: I think Zhi-shu had some serious Mother complex from his childhood being dressed and treated like a girl. Seriously, he just wanted to break free from this mother's grasp.

Hahahaha! I know! I loved that whole thing. What a crazy Mom he had! That psychology of repudiating Xiang Qin because she was his mother's choice would have worked better in this drama if they hadn't also made the girl so stupid and frustrating to him. Overcoming his prejudice from childhood trauma is a lot more believable than simply one day accepting someone who can't help but get on his nerves.

nophankh wrote: I don't understand why people are complaining about how Zhi-Shu would fall in love with someone like Xiang Qin. Love isn't logical in a lot of cases. A lot of people fall in love with someone and they don't even know why or when. It just happened.
Yes, but in the best romantic dramas, the viewer can clearly see why two people fall in love, how they complement each other and why they are meant to be. In real life the "I don't know why I love her, I just do" defense might work, but in dramas it feels like lazy writing. How can such a trifling love be romantic? "I don't know why I like her" translates to "my hormones took over" which translates to lust, not love. And lust doesn't last, so how can you root for it?
nophankh wrote: I think the reason why Zhi-Shu fell for XQ is because she is someone who is not like him.
Beautifully said. All things true...and that set up would have made this drama perfect if only she weren't SO STUPID! LOL...
nophankh wrote: I can understand Zhi-Shu because I have the aloof personality too. I just don't care sometimes but it doesn't mean I don't care. I think a lot of things I find unimportant are extremely important to others.
What I have in common with Zhi-szu is the inability to tolerate stupidity and ineptitude...which is why i KNOW he won't be able to stand it, no matter how nice and sweet and goodlooking she may be! LOL...

And thank you for your response. This is very helpful to me! :)

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 28th, '07, 02:32

StealthGnome wrote:
Yes! Yes! Love at its finest. Making a man go crazy!
Hmm...I don't understand your point here. Please elaborate. thanks! :)

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 28th, '07, 03:10

Not all love comes through compatibility.

Zhi Shu begins as cold hearted. Unable to love.
Along comes Xiang Qin who proposes her love to Zhi Shu on a balcony walkway in the middle of the school. This will be Zhi Shu first love.
The power of women to change a man against his will. You must be missing this point. This is love.
Love changes Zhi Shu and makes him go crazy. Maybe he doesn't drop to the bottom of his class. It's still making his life a hell of a lot harder then it was in the beginning. In the logical sense, Zhi Shu goes through the steps of love.
I've been through it as well as many of my other male friends (I'm sure girls go crazy for male actors). You meet the girl of you dreams. It can't happen (or it shouldn't happen) so you suppress it, denying it, maybe even to the point where you find another person who you are suppose to like (In Zhi Shu's case, The smart sophisticated girl who, in theory, he is suppose to love through compatibility) and be with them. But this isn't love. You can't stop thinking about the one you love. You have to be with them (Zhi Shu leaves dinner with his fiancee to stop Xiang Qin and Jin.).
Would you ever though this would happen to Jiang Zhi Shu in the beginning of the drama? This isn't the average love you get. It's complicated.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Dec 28th, '07, 03:19

I'm not going to lie, I watched ISWAK like 4 times...and I couldn't put it into words more beautifully how the story was than nophankh
I don't think his feelings were suppressed. He liked her and at the same time he was clearly horrified that he liked her. Its the only part of the drama that made sense to me and kept me watching. The point is, what changed to make him less horrified? Nothing that I could see... if you guys have any ideas, please enlighten me.
Xiang Qin was going to marry ah jin...he finally realized that he could actually lose her and that he needed her in his life. His life before Xiang Qin was a straight path, and he didn't know another way until he met her. Love makes you do the stupidest things....that's all I can say

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 28th, '07, 03:26

Yea! Don't forget Xiang Qin.
She was done with Zhi Shu. Ah Jin was always by her side. She knew he would always be there too. She still loved Zhi Shu. But since Zhi Shu was going to marry someone else, she tried to let go. She tried oh so hard and knew if he didn't open up, they would never be together. Being with Ah Jin would be the next best thing,... even though she didn't love him.
:-(

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Dec 28th, '07, 09:14

Identity is what Zhi Shu was fighting for when he rejected XQ.

During there high school years, he was the smart/handsome guy that every girl wanted.
If you analyze the opinions of his peers, they would probably think he would choose an intelligent, sexy girl with all the right connections. XQ did not fit the category.
I think that is why he rejected her at the school steps. Peer pressure can do wonders I tell you.
yenchan69: "Yes, but in the best romantic dramas, the viewer can clearly see why two people fall in love, how they complement each other and why they are meant to be. In real life the "I don't know why I love her, I just do" defense might work, but in dramas it feels like lazy writing. How can such a trifling love be romantic? "I don't know why I like her" translates to "my hormones took over" which translates to lust, not love. And lust doesn't last, so how can you root for it? "
It's not lust. We all know that ZS can get any hot looking girl he wanted. Heck that tennis girl would do anything to get ZS in the shack. The girls at his dad's office were pretty much stripping for ZS when they brought the coffee. It's not lust. From experience, one moment can change your perspective on a person.

When you love someone, the chance that you will lose them, you act. The end of ISWAK 1 showed this.

I don't think that XQ is stupid. She's just "different."

Most expect big changes for the second season on ZS's character. Some want him to be more compassionate and caring and less bullyish. First off, that would be really unrealistic. ISWAK 2 is set only a months after ISWAK 1. The time frame is just a month after the wedding. They got married and then went on a honeymoon. People need time to evolve into better people. Roman was not built in a day and human evolution took thousands of years, so you can't realistically expect dramatic changes in ZS and XQ.

yenchan69: you commented how you don't get why this drama is more in depth than most Twdrama. From what I've noticed, there is not a lot of character development in Twdramas. They usually have poor side characters compared to ISWAK. I'm not really a fan of Twdrama. I really like ISWAK though. [/quote]

baka-ranger
Location: Either in Jap Disneyland or at the JE building stalking or recruiting boybands to join my JE Yakuza

Post by baka-ranger » Dec 28th, '07, 10:11

hmm have any of the subbing groups finsihed at least epi 1?..its been a few weeks so I think they would have but then again..
I'll prob just hav to watch the entire ISWAK 2 on crunchyroll or veoh then just buy it later when the dramas finished=___=

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 28th, '07, 15:51

StealthGnome wrote:
Zhi Shu begins as cold hearted. Unable to love.
I actually disagree with this statement (and this thought actually came up while I was watching the drama). Zhi Shu is very fond of dogs and children. And what do dogs, children and Xiang Qin have in common: They are all disproportionately loyal, unconditionally loving and not very bright. So, by rights, Zhi Shu should have treated Xiang Qin with the same patience and affection as he does animals and children.

So let's say Xiang Qin's personality is not the turnoff for Zhi Szu and the sole reason he rejects her is because his mother likes her. This logic would actually work well EXCEPT that it now makes his behavior after he finally accepts her in ISWAK and his recent behavior in "They Kiss Again" make no sense at all. There's no way to avoid the fact that he is frustrated with Xiang Qin's lack of sense and capability.
StealthGnome wrote: Along comes Xiang Qin who proposes her love to Zhi Shu on a balcony walkway in the middle of the school. This will be Zhi Shu first love.
The power of women to change a man against his will. You must be missing this point. This is love.
How did he change? I don't see it. In Hana Yori Dango/Meteor Garden, for example, the change is obvious and immediate, so your theory is good. I just don't see how it applies to this drama.

Also I don't think it was Xiang Qin's proposal that made him fall in love. He didn't even read the letter at the time. I think her relentless stalking fed his ego so much that he got mad when she told him she'd find somebody else even better. At that point I think it was pride at work, not love. That's why he kissed her that first time, and then flustered himself so much with his reaction that he stuck his tongue out at her. I think that was his first kiss. And I think this is when he fell in love.
StealthGnome wrote: Love changes Zhi Shu and makes him go crazy.
I wish I could buy this but I don't see that he went crazy. The story takes almost 4 years from start to finish. Crazy makes me think he ran out and did something rash in the name of love...instead he successfully avoided being near her for YEARS after the time I suspect he actually fell in love.
StealthGnome wrote: You can't stop thinking about the one you love. You have to be with them (Zhi Shu leaves dinner with his fiancee to stop Xiang Qin and Jin.).
Except that he curiously didn't "HAVE" to be with her for the first 28 episodes....by your reasoning, this makes his character inconsistent, which is why I can't buy this explanation.

I understand what you mean that compatibility doesn't equal love, but I'll tell you something anybody who has ever been in love knows from experience. When you're in the first blush of love, even the person's faults seem adorable. That's the crazy thing about love. Yet Zhi Shu is constantly irritated at her. Its very hard for me to believe his love can overcome his patent distaste for her lack of common sense. Where was his first blush of love?

The best you can say about this romance is that Zhi Shu got used to her after four years, and being that he's borderline autistic ( hates change and disorder in his life), he opted to retain the staus quo rather than alter his life and get her out.

Thanks for your comments ! :)

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 28th, '07, 15:59

vancoland wrote:I'm not going to lie, I watched ISWAK like 4 times...and I couldn't put it into words more beautifully how the story was than nophankh
yes, but from that I gather that you guys like it because you focus on the parts of it that make sense and completely discard the parts that don't. Selective memory doesn't work for me. And yes, nophank did a wonderful job of summarizing the good bits. :)
Xiang Qin was going to marry ah jin...he finally realized that he could actually lose her and that he needed her in his life. His life before Xiang Qin was a straight path, and he didn't know another way until he met her. Love makes you do the stupidest things....that's all I can say
Excellent point. But it still leads me to the conclusion I reached above: Its not that Zhi shu is in love with Xiang Qin, its because his personality can't stand change. LOL. That would explain his rejection of her at the beginning and his acceptance of her years later thoroughly and his character remains consistent. :)

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 28th, '07, 16:38

nophankh wrote:Identity is what Zhi Shu was fighting for when he rejected XQ.
yes, this would make total sense EXCEPT that once he decided to accept her, why is he still getting fed up with her? You can't avoid that fact that he finds fault with her. I would even go so far as to say that he doesn't respect her as a person, because he barely treats her civilly. Look at the difference between how he treats her (and other silly girls and stupid people) and how he treats the people in his life he does respect. Even the college girl got smiles and politeness. He didn't love her but he respected her as a person. Ditto the corporate girlfriend. Speaking of which, even the dogs in this drama were treated better than Xiang Qin...
nophankh wrote: During there high school years, he was the smart/handsome guy that every girl wanted.
If you analyze the opinions of his peers, they would probably think he would choose an intelligent, sexy girl with all the right connections. XQ did not fit the category.
I think that is why he rejected her at the school steps. Peer pressure can do wonders I tell you.
Ummm...I believe he rejected EVERYONE ...or else with his popularity, he would have had a girlfiend already... I think he was very focused on his academics and probably just not interested in romantic entanglements at that time.

It's not lust. We all know that ZS can get any hot looking girl he wanted. Heck that tennis girl would do anything to get ZS in the shack. The girls at his dad's office were pretty much stripping for ZS when they brought the coffee. It's not lust. From experience, one moment can change your perspective on a person.
ZS *could* have gotten any girl he wanted, including Xiang Qin...but he didn't. What does that tell you? He doesn't want to be bothered. Its a choice he made, and it INCLUDES XQ so how does that make her any different at all than any other suitors in his life? When he steals a kiss from her at the hospital, how does that make it love rather than an opportunity for sex without making a commitment to her? Because if she were awake, he KNOWS she would have expectations about it.

nophankh wrote: I don't think that XQ is stupid. She's just "different."
That's how the politically correct refer to mentally retarded people, too. Your point is? Anyway, its not that she's stupid or "different", because no matter what name you labell it, her personality annoys ZS. And that's the bit that sticks in my craw.
nophankh wrote:Most expect big changes for the second season on ZS's character. Some want him to be more compassionate and caring and less bullyish. First off, that would be really unrealistic. ISWAK 2 is set only a months after ISWAK 1. The time frame is just a month after the wedding. They got married and then went on a honeymoon. People need time to evolve into better people. Roman was not built in a day and human evolution took thousands of years, so you can't realistically expect dramatic changes in ZS and XQ.
Ah, but I do... ISWAK evolved over several years so there's no reason to think TKA will not also give the characters several years in which to mature.
nophankh wrote: yenchan69: you commented how you don't get why this drama is more in depth than most Twdrama. From what I've noticed, there is not a lot of character development in Twdramas. They usually have poor side characters compared to ISWAK. I'm not really a fan of Twdrama. I really like ISWAK though.
When did I say that? :scratch: Though I've liked every TW drama I've seen so far more than this one. My problem with the character development here is that it is inconsistent. Maybe they tried to do too much? There are so many elements at work here that they contradict each other. I am currently watching "Prince Turns to Frog" and the characters might be simple and stereotypical, but they remain consistent so I find them believable. At least the characters don't do things that seem inexplicable given who they are. For everything they do you can say, "well that's the way he/she is"...but how can you look at ZS and say that? We KNOW the way he is, so his ultimate behavior makes no sense. Its inconsistent, and it will rankle me until I get my head around it. :)

I thank you for your assistance.

And by the way, thanks all of you for the discussion. I haven't been this stimulated since the days when I participated in the discussion forums for the Hispanic dramas. We'd dissect every nuance of every episode in ridiculous detail, pages and pages of it, but ah, that was fun! ;D

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Dec 28th, '07, 19:09

omg...another essay...lolz. Yenchan, i think you're going a little krazy with this drama, it is after all a drama, and 99% of the people on this board will say that this story makes perfectly good sense.

What you comprehend as making sense is different for everybody and it is an objective view...there is no right. People in the US go to buffets and get a whole plate of food, then eat a few bites and throw it away only to go get more food. It makes sense to people here. It would never make sense to the people starving in 3rd world countries no matter how hard they try or change their lifestyle.

And I just wanted to point out that your whole stance of an argument on how Zhi Shu doesn't want change is flawed. There is one thing you can be sure on in life...and that is change. Everything is evolutionary and I would think someone with an IQ of 200 and medical studies would know that. So he is not afraid of change...its just that he doesn't see himself changing, only when hes around Xiang Qin, and that makes him feel like an actual person...:singing: "theres love love love, in the air" :wub:

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Dec 28th, '07, 19:42

geez people, it's just a drama, ie: fiction, end of story, thx

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 28th, '07, 21:39

By ending it, you don't get any discussion. As long as it doesn't get personal, I don't see it as bad.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Dec 29th, '07, 02:11

ahahahhaha...different is a politically correct term for mentally retarded. HHAHAHAH...yenchan, I didn't mean it that way. Oh well.

I'm tried of arguing. I like the show and it makes sense to me why he likes her. I don't think he is mistreating her.

If it bothers you so much, I think you need to stop watching it to save your sanity.

Clearly you have problems with the storyline.

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 29th, '07, 02:31

So TKA airs on Sunday mornings PST?

pasaway01

Post by pasaway01 » Dec 29th, '07, 07:52

episode 3 preview:

pasaway01

Post by pasaway01 » Dec 29th, '07, 07:58

photoshoot to mag

pasaway01

Post by pasaway01 » Dec 29th, '07, 08:00

OST is Out!!

Taiwan idol drama queen Ariel Lin returns to the genre she knows best with They Kiss Again, the sequel to her hit drama It Started With A Kiss. Co-starring model and TV heartthrob Joe Cheng, this romantic TV series has just started broadcast in Taiwan. Fans should not miss out on the soundtrack music which includes the songs "You", featuring the sweet vocals of Ariel Lin, "Loyal to the Original Taste" by Joe Cheng, and Mavis Fan's opening theme "Blessed Cooperation". Other highlight songs include Be Your Superman and "Secret Hidden in the Smile".

1 幸福合作社(范曉萱)
2 你(吉他甜蜜版)/林依晨
3 忠於原味(鄭元暢)
4 Be Your Superman(純表演)
5 藏在微笑裡的秘密(趙詠華)
6 你曾經讓我心動(a Chord)
7 Heaven(寒&五熊)
8 幸福合作社(演奏曲)
9 你(演奏曲)
10 藏在微笑裡的秘密(演奏曲)
11 你(弦樂版)/林依晨

DOWNLOAD!
http://www.badongo.com/file/7070992
http://www.sendspace.com/file/litwut

Links credits to lesleyli2001 at musichk

pasaway01

Post by pasaway01 » Dec 29th, '07, 08:11

BT DOWNLOAD ~ Episode 2

6th Feeling version
http://www.box.net/shared/fpdi7si8so

EPISODE 1 (aired by GTV on 22/12/07) which covered the uncut scenes
http://www.box.net/shared/537w0xg08g

Credit: 6th Feeling bbs

episode 1 english soft subs:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_56529.htm

angeljocelyn

Post by angeljocelyn » Dec 29th, '07, 09:06

o1. Happiness and Harmony Together (Fan Xiao Xuan)
o2. Ni (Guitar Version) (Ariel Lin)
o3. Loyal To The Original (Joe Cheng)
o4. Be Your Superman
o5. The Secret Hidden In Your Smile
o6. You Once Made My Heart Flutter
o7. Heaven
o8. Happiness and Harmony Together (Instrumental)
o9. Ni (Instrumental)
10. The Secret Hidden In Your Smile (Instrumental)
11. Ni (Strings Version)

english title translations of the title from supervictoria64

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Dec 29th, '07, 17:23

well, this is a bummer.

a) I thought the forum was for meant for discussions...it says so right at the top of the forum

b) I thought you guys would enjoy talking about your favorite drama. yes, I am addicted to dramas but I figured you guys were too since everyone is in here spending time, bandwdith and computer resources on downloads and the site is called "d-addicts", after all.. I don't feel like I'm crazy because I want to talk about the show.

Ah well. Never mind, then. Happy New Year everyone! :cheers:

K-KisS84

Post by K-KisS84 » Dec 29th, '07, 17:31

Hey Hey Thank You so much for the OST ^^

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 29th, '07, 20:32

Sweet! The OST rocks! Thanks! +1

LauLau

Post by LauLau » Dec 29th, '07, 20:47

I have a question too. Is it the uncut version ?

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Dec 29th, '07, 21:20

If un-cut you mean full version, yes it is.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 30th, '07, 00:10

thanks for the OST! I can't believe it's already out. :)

and honestly, people can't expect Zhi Shu to make a complete 360 degrees change with his personality.

We all knew what he was like before (from the first season.....and that's just who Joe Cheng is trying to portray, the Zhi Shu from the manga).

He has changed a bit since marrying Xiang Qin.......and it hasn't even been long since their marriage and honeymoon.

Plus, it makes it so much sweeter when they do have those rare moments where Zhi Shu has those "can't help but smile" grins every now and then when Xiang Qin does something for him to be proud of or happy over. It's like, "ZOMG! HIS SMILE! SO ASDFGHJKL;!!111!!! XD"

and dammit, those really steamy scenes between them are to die for! I'm praying for at least one in every episode. :) *fingers crossed*

and I still want to see Arron Yan! "Ah Bu"........judging from dramawiki, he's going to impregnate one of XQ's friends! :idea: