[TwDrama] Peach Girl (CTS, 2002)

Post by Rasckita » Jul 12th, '07, 16:59

PEACH GIRL

Episodes: 13
Broadcast network: CTS
Broadcast year: 2002
Drama Wiki: Link

Synopsis
Xiao Tao is a young girl entering college. Things just don't seem to be going right for her. She falls at the beach and spraining her ankle; she has unwittingly made the university's reigning princess, Sha Hui, her enemy. Dong Si, her secret crush, doesn't seem to know of her feelings, but she has the school's most popular playboy and troublesome, Ah Li, showering her with his attentions! This may prove to be just too much for the tall, shy and athletic Xiao Tao until suddenly happiness comes her way: she and Dong Si begin dating! This happiness is short lived as the calculating Sha Hui is determined to be the number one girl, even if it means destroying Xiao Tao in the process. Also, standing on the sidelines is Ah Li who has made it known that the only girl for him is Xiao Tao. Can Dong Si and Xiao Tao manage to keep their relationship afloat? Will Sha Hui succeed in her devious plans? Or will Xiao Tao realise that the one that is truly for her is Ah Li?

Based on the shoujo manga by Miwa Ueda this is a story about jealousy, revenge, the powers of love and friendship and the ties of fate that bind people together.

Cast
Annie Wu as Xiao Tao
Kenji Wu as Dong Shi
Vanness Wu as Ah Li
Michelle Gu as Sha Huay
Duncan as Lu Wu Lang
Jian Pei En
Edward Ou

--------------------------------------

So....what do you guys think about this serie? I know some people think it's bad serie. But I really liked it! I am a fan of the manga and I saw the drama after reading the manga. I think "Peach Girl" has great characters (my fav is Kairi aka Ah Li, he's very charismatic)and in the tw drama the main acress is not good, she's very bad at acting but i think she improved a little during the serie. Although there were some bad acting... at least we had Vaness Wu that acted very well (he was the perfect Kairi aka Ah Li) and he portrayed the manga character perfectly and also the girl that played Sha Rue (also amazing acting from her part).
I thought the serie in a overall, was very fun to watch despite the bad main actress and a poor production sometimes. I really like this serie specially because the end of the drama was exactly how I wanted it to be, i TOTALLY loved the ending!!! :wub:

keaix3

Post by keaix3 » Aug 27th, '07, 22:26

I watched this drama a while back and I thought it was alright - it's just that Vanness' hair bothered me a bit. (Haha, just a personal preference. :P I prefer his hair shorter.) The only complaint I might have about the drama was that the ending was weaker than I wanted. I somehow wanted a happier ending for the ex-boyfriend (Kenji Wu) who was trying to protect the main girl (Annie Wu).

JlovesVan

peach girl

Post by JlovesVan » Oct 2nd, '07, 04:07

I hated this drama but that is just my opinion and I have talked to people who really liked it. I adore Vanness, and actually thought he was the only good thing about this drama. I was sad the story line strayed way off the beaten path of the manga and I did not like the casting job for most of the characters. I am such a huge fan of the manga I think unless it was true to form I would have a problem with it. I felt it was extremely hokie (not as bad as marmalade boy though, yikes!) With that said I did watch it twice just in case my opinion changed the second time (which it has before) but alas, still dislike it....

ltsumo

Post by ltsumo » Oct 11th, '07, 08:11

if it is anything like the anime... i hate it! (no offence). But one of the guy is cute!

GrannyDiane

Post by GrannyDiane » Oct 14th, '07, 07:38

I watched it only because Vanness Wu was in it. Love him. But I did end up enjoying the story.

chymali

Post by chymali » Oct 17th, '07, 05:30

I watched it a while back as well.

It wasn' that great to tell the truth. There was a lot of tugging back and forth and in the end you still don't totally understand what has happened.

There were some good parts, but overall I found it a bit annoying.

floakatrixie

Post by floakatrixie » Apr 23rd, '08, 02:24

This is by far one of the worst drama I have seen. The only person worth mentioning is Vanness. The main actor and actress have no chemistry at all. Also, I hated the character of Michelle Gu. She looks like such a sweet girl but have an evil heart ! She protrays her character very well but man..do I want to throw rotten eggs at her !

If you haven't seen it, don't your waste. There are better drama out there.

j1984

Post by j1984 » May 27th, '08, 19:42

Anyone know if this drama has an official ost or just has an 2 themes (the opening and the ending)... i want to know 'cause a friend loves this drama and she wants the songs but i just found this ones...
*Opening theme song: Ai De Jiu Shi Ni The One I Love Is You by Lee Hom Wang
*Ending theme song: I Still Believe That You Still Love Me by Liu Hong Hua

...and also found the ost of the manga/anime...maybe you can tell me were i can download them or the names of the songs & singers

...thanks in advance :thumleft: