[TwDrama] Romantic Princess (CTV/GTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
noriblue

[TwDrama] Romantic Princess (CTV/GTV, 2007)

Post by noriblue » Sep 2nd, '07, 05:40

DramaWiki:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Romantic_Princess

Soompi link: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127736
(lots of cool pics)

Details
Title: 公主小妹 / Gong Zhu Xiao Mei
English title: Romantic Princess
Episodes: 10
Genre: Romance / comedy
Broadcast network: CTV / GTV

Synopsis
Adopted by middle classed parents, Mai has always had a dream to be an heiress. Who knew that one day this dream would come true. Mai's biological grandfather is the head of a prestigous aristocratic family and after many years of searching, he finally finds his long lost granddaughter. As she starts her life as an heiress, everyday is filled with excitement, however, everything seems a bit different from what she had imagined them to be.

Cast
Wu Chun
Angela Zhang as Mai
Calvin Chen
Genie Zhuo
Tracy
George Hu
Ang Lin (利昂霖)
Gu Bao Ming (顧寶明)
Hsia Ching Ting

**CREDITS: SOOMPI AND DRAMAWIKI**

This is the next Wu Chun's drama :wub: starting Sept 16, 2007. Angela Zhang from Bump Off Lover is the main character.

Looking forward to watching it... it's only 10 eps according to drama wiki.
Edit:
Extended to 13 eps.

I think Sublime will release English subs for this :wub: (Thank you Sublime).
Edit:
Crunchyroll Fansubs, Delicious Fansubs, and Eternal Moon Fansubs will also release the English subs.
Attachments
romanticprincess01.jpg
romanticprincess01.jpg (172.98 KiB) Viewed 8048 times
romanticprincess02.jpg
romanticprincess02.jpg (36.05 KiB) Viewed 8050 times
Last edited by noriblue on Dec 6th, '07, 15:34, edited 5 times in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 2nd, '07, 05:49

P'shaw..... Chun? If you couldn't already tell from the doremii project list.... I'm watching for Calivn and George. They are adorable. XD

blueseeker

Post by blueseeker » Sep 2nd, '07, 06:31

Ah am so looking forward to this drama as well. For a minute there we had a bit of a dry spell with only a handful of good ones airing, but i get the feeling this one is a keeper. Oh and there will even be a subbing team, so great!

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Sep 2nd, '07, 06:38

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 2nd, '07, 06:42

Nice contribution to the thread there AkumaX. :lol

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Sep 2nd, '07, 06:49

mmm Calvin and George. :wub: Like Puppet, they are about 99% of my reason for looking forward to this so much.

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Sep 2nd, '07, 15:56

I'm really looking forward to this one. The soompi thread has some nice production shots from the upcoming episodes for anyone who wants to check those out.
Soompi Thread

:wub:

noriblue

Post by noriblue » Sep 3rd, '07, 02:44

Puppet Princess wrote:P'shaw..... Chun? If you couldn't already tell from the doremii project list.... I'm watching for Calivn and George. They are adorable. XD
LOL. Sorry for forgetting to mention Calvin and George... hehe

Oh, I'm gonna check out the soompi link. Thanks.

julicar23

Post by julicar23 » Sep 3rd, '07, 02:58

I'm excited as well,,,, Waaahhhhhhhhhh, I love Wu Chun. Mahal ko si Wu Chun, hehehe... Thanks in advance SUBlimes :D

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 3rd, '07, 03:35

noriblue wrote:LOL. Sorry for forgetting to mention Calvin and George... hehe
haha... I'm just not a big Chun fan. He bugs me for some reason.

Calvin is may favorite cutie. How can you not love that smile?

And George has fast become a new obsession. It's probably Love at First Fight's fault. Been working on that a lot lately and his character there is just too cute. Writing cheesy love letters and getting lost no matter where he goes. XD

Like Danson, he's been popping up a lot with the Fahrenheit boys lately. X-Family, now Romantic Princess, and soon Basketball Fire (whenever the heck that's gonna be out).
Makes me happy to have all my favorite boys together. :P

Weee.... pictures. I'm not completely discriminative.... there is one picture of Chun. :lol
Attachments
Romantic Princess
Romantic Princess
Romprincess.jpg (88.51 KiB) Viewed 8040 times
George
George
george.jpg (53.62 KiB) Viewed 8040 times
Calvin, that smexy fool, makes suits look goooood.....
Calvin, that smexy fool, makes suits look goooood.....
calsuit.jpg (78.17 KiB) Viewed 8040 times
:)
:)
calvin.jpg (31.18 KiB) Viewed 8040 times
That smile is contagious.
That smile is contagious.
smiles.jpg (40.21 KiB) Viewed 8040 times

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Sep 3rd, '07, 08:25

lol...too many girls in this thread. I'm watching this for Angela Zhang...favorite singer

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 3rd, '07, 08:28

With 1 actress and 4 actors staring... can you guess the audience ratio the network is expecting? :lol

Bishie_Queen

Post by Bishie_Queen » Sep 7th, '07, 12:57

This drama looks good. I'm glad it's only 10 episodes long if its too long then it tends to drag! Is anyone going to be subbing this? If there are, Thanks in advance!

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Sep 7th, '07, 13:23

Since its based on the manga, I wonder if its going to turn into a sequel like how every other manga based drama series is. I hope they fit the whole manga into just all 10 episodes. The way they're advertising this on TV and other places, there is really high expectations for this. I like Angela's charisma in her acting so I looking forward to watching. ESP becuz Chun is in this. I'm sorry, but Calvin...Blah I never really saw him other than his voice which stands out in Fei Lun Hai. Maybe watching this I'll actually notice him and I'll add him to my list of EYE CANDY. Can't wait for this to air!

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 7th, '07, 21:33

I really can't wait for this series!
Angela is really lucky to have 4 male leads. At first, I wasn't too happy with Angela being the female lead... probably b/c she always creeped me out a little (saw her in Love at Dolphin Bay, Bump Off Lover), but I did think she was an amazing singer (and still is :-) ). Then, I finally saw her look in this series. She looks awesome! I love her long, curly hair, and she has awesome outfits in this! Not to mention Chun and Calvin.. and George :wub:

Anyway, thank you so much SUBlimes for picking up this project. I was hoping you guys would pick it up, b/c your subs are always awesome quality :D

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Sep 7th, '07, 22:41

Bishie_Queen wrote:This drama looks good. I'm glad it's only 10 episodes long if its too long then it tends to drag! Is anyone going to be subbing this? If there are, Thanks in advance!
SUBlimes is subbing this series. :cheers:

Click for SUBlimes Wiki

Jwlz

Post by Jwlz » Sep 15th, '07, 09:20

anyone saw the article on asianfanatics.net?

Angela Zhang challenges with comedy in "Romantic Princess", not only plays different roles, but also acts in a bubble bath scene. (Pic provided by GTV)

Source: http://udn.com/
Translated by Cmiley

Calling for battle for a while, "Romantic Princess", "Sweet Relationship", "Ye Ying 3+1" and "Brown Sugar Macchiato" all 4 dramas will be battling tomorrow night, on the net smoke from the battle is already heavily covering, burning over to the actresses and tv stations are grabbing each others situation.

These few days supporter for "Romantic Princess" has already fired at Patty Hou, saying her acting in "Sweet Relationship" is imitating Japanese starlett Miho Nakayama, Patty Hou's supporter thinks her acting is pretty good. Joe Chen Qiao En is also not out of the battle, she'll bet getting ready with Ming Dao for a romantic plot to battle for the highest ratings.

Since Sept 12 on Yahoo, the subject "Weekend Drama Idol Battle, who do you support?" poll, upto yesterday, Wu Zun and Angela Zhang's "Romantic Princess" is over 50%, 9945 votes for support is leading strongly, Ming Dao & Qiao En's "Ye Ying 3+1" and Zai Zia & Patty Hou's "Sweet Relationship" are battling head to head, both at 19.4% and 19%, Blackie's Mei Mei's "Brown Sugar Macchiato" is at 11%.

Angela plays a gardner in the drama.

Supporters of Wu Zun are mainly female audiences, ages around 19 to 22, as for vote results, San Li is not suprised: "Is this GTV and Yahoo's cooperation case?" GTV fights back "San Li loves to irrigate votes, there's more to come later."

Actually not only are there online supporters and functions, fire from the battle has burned to Angela and Patty, Joe Chen and other female stars, one of Patty's dedicated fan feels even though this is Patty's first tv drama performance, but she already has some strong skills, performing pretty well, and actually questioned about Angela acting comedy for the first time, and if she can portray as well as the manga's original lively character.

The female leads battle has even attracted the 2 dramas top people to give speak out, GTV's planning department assistant Tsai Ji Qiao says: "Last year Angela's "Bump of Lover" was nominated for Golden Clock Award's best actress, this time her role is more of simple life, in this drama she'll have many lines." "Producer for "Sweet Relationship" Angie Cai has added on the line of fire, leaving messages online, she says: "I guarantee this is going to be a really good idol drama, everyone must support."

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 15th, '07, 14:24

Well... I don't know about the females leads, but neither Vic nor Wu Zun can act. At least, not well. But they're the reason that I'd watch the shows.

I watched the 20 minute preview (which you can get off of icefish if you want), and it actually looked surprisingly good. That, and it's a short drama. anyways, I'm excited for it.

sweetserenity08

Post by sweetserenity08 » Sep 15th, '07, 23:02

woot!!woot!! anticipating and drooling over wu zun..can't wait how will the pilot episode goes..

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Sep 16th, '07, 16:40

Ahhh So anxious. This drama has potential.

Why isn't the raw out yet~

~norealism~

Post by ~norealism~ » Sep 16th, '07, 17:03

i'd be looking 4ward 2 this drama... i rily lyk angela zhang & calvin chen... c",)

IsaBonita

Post by IsaBonita » Sep 16th, '07, 17:20

I LOVE ALL THE ACTORS

I AM REALLY A BIG FAN OF ANGELA ZHANG SHE IS AMZING; SHE HAS AN AMAZING VOICE; ALTHO SHE IS SUCH A TINY PERSON

ABOUT WU ZUN; I DONT HAVE TO SAY ANTHING ABOUT HIM...he
is awesome! already love dhim in hana kimi^^

and at least calvin, he is a sweetheart
i have never seen him acting though, i am sue, he will do agreat job!
really looking forward to the drama, and i hope some great subbers will be volounteering and sub this ^^

thnaks ^^ :D :D :cheers: :cheers:

aznbabeii

Post by aznbabeii » Sep 16th, '07, 17:58

YAY! its finally coming out, im SOOOO HAPPY!!
WOOT WOOT. :w00t:
just cant wait to see WuChun && Calvin =] :wub:

yolizee

Post by yolizee » Sep 16th, '07, 18:00

I like Angela Zhang too. Especially her singing. She has such a unique voice.

I'm looking forward to the drama, but I guess I'm not that big of a fan of Wuzun either. I DO visit his blog often though ^_^.

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Sep 16th, '07, 18:09

Yes~ Icefish version Raw is out! :D

xJaimex

Post by xJaimex » Sep 16th, '07, 18:12

any knows who is doing the softsubs or hardsubs?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 16th, '07, 18:13

xJaimex wrote:any knows who is doing the softsubs or hardsubs?
Sublimes - Hardsubs

helenmelon

Post by helenmelon » Sep 16th, '07, 19:57

if you wanna watch the raw episodes on youtube, this user is uploading them :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/gongzuxiaomei

Wen Jing

Post by Wen Jing » Sep 17th, '07, 04:54

Romantic Princess Episode 1
Gogobox link:http://down.gogobox.com.tw/stickwitu/3y2t

ajas22

Post by ajas22 » Sep 17th, '07, 11:03

Did anyone noticed tat the 'palace' is the same 1 as the 1 in Meteor Garden 1 ? Dao Mingsi's house ?

I jz watched the 1st episode and the driveway is the same one as the scene where they had the scene in the rain ! The entrance is familiar too.

Correct me if I'm wrong :P

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 17th, '07, 13:40

ajas22 wrote:Did anyone noticed tat the 'palace' is the same 1 as the 1 in Meteor Garden 1 ? Dao Mingsi's house ?

I jz watched the 1st episode and the driveway is the same one as the scene where they had the scene in the rain ! The entrance is familiar too.

Correct me if I'm wrong :P
It's possible. There can only be so many houses like that in Taiwan. It's a fairly small country.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 18th, '07, 00:18

I just realized this drama has started already! I'm excited :) Here's hoping it's a good one! <3

beanybeans

Post by beanybeans » Sep 18th, '07, 02:18

Gosh, i'm really digging the theme song by S.H.E & Fahrenheit. :)

lilsushi213

Post by lilsushi213 » Sep 18th, '07, 02:32

beanybeans wrote:Gosh, i'm really digging the theme song by S.H.E & Fahrenheit. :)
Same here! It sounds so happy and carefree! I love it! I can't wait until the Soundtrack comes out! Hehe. =D

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 18th, '07, 02:34

I'm totally watching this for Calvin... :wub:
tho having Wu Zun in it is a total plus. ^_^

George Hu? Sorry Puppet... but... BLAH!!!!! Can't find anyone more boring. Maybe if he was at least a little cuter I'd tolerate better... LOL.

Angela? She's cute, and I like her acting... but I find her thin-as-death appearance incredibly irritating and distracting. Couldn't they at least find clothes to make her look less skeletal? I feel like she's going to die in the show any second. While I like her acting ability (everyone kept going on and on so I went and watched a bunch of stuff she's in) and yes, she's got talent, no denying that.. but ug. No offense.. but. An overweight person can't make it in the entertainment industry because they are too large, right? What about too THIN? Ew. Wish Angela would be able to gain weight somehow... It would make her pretty darn perfect. Btw, I am not an angela hater. NOT!!!!! Repeat, NOT! I even bought some of her music. Just wish a more attractive person would have acted instead of her in this drama... *sigh* Oh well... at least it has Calvin. And Wu Zun. Life is pretty good :P

YAY for sublimes subbing this... can't WAIT!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 18th, '07, 02:41

Ok... so a group of us were trying to figure this out today after watching the first episode... but since we don't understand the bulk of the conversations we were trying to piece this together... but it gave us a headache so.... can someone else try to explain it.

So the 4 guys all have the same surname so obviously they are related. We were a little confused on how though. The profiles on the official site said something like Chun and 2 of the brothers were adopted.. not to clear on this as it was poorly translated... but if so, who is the 4th guy then? And Chun and Cal's characters are the same age and George and the other guy are the same age, so it still seems a bit odd.

And were they adopted by the granddad or someone related to the granddad? If so... then they are her brothers... kinda?

Headache again...

If someone who knows could make a little relationship chart or just explain how everyone fits together that would be nice.... and save our sanity. lol

beanybeans

Post by beanybeans » Sep 18th, '07, 02:41

lilsushi213 wrote:Same here! It sounds so happy and carefree! I love it! I can't wait until the Soundtrack comes out! Hehe. =D
I know it's such an uppity-sounding song. I've been listening to it non-stop for the past hour. Haha. I can't wait for the soundtrack either. :)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 18th, '07, 02:44

ali_sen wrote: George Hu? Sorry Puppet... but... BLAH!!!!! Can't find anyone more boring. Maybe if he was at least a little cuter I'd tolerate better... LOL.
I love you Sen but... *lunges with fork* Don't be dissin' my cutie. lol JK
Last edited by Puppet Princess on Sep 18th, '07, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 18th, '07, 02:45

also who is the 4th guy? There's Calvin, Wu Zun, George Hu as the first 3, who is the 3rd? He's half cute, half creepy... I love it. Who the heck is he??

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 18th, '07, 02:45

ewww... I don't like him... whoever he is.

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 18th, '07, 04:02

Lol... Puppet we never agree on ANYTHING, except that Calvin is awesome ;) And we don't even have the same favorite "style" for Calvin either... Haha... We can both agree that Arron and Jiro are also *love* right??? Please tell me we can also agree on that at least... >_<

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 18th, '07, 04:11

I know! Resie and I agree on everything. You and me... nearly nothing. I find that hilarious.

And yes... Cal is godly love.
Aaron is squishy smexy love.
And Jiro is adorkable love.

ermm... if English isn't your first language... please don't learn from me. >< so many made up words. lol

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 18th, '07, 06:23

Puppet Princess wrote: And yes... Cal is godly love.
Aaron is squishy smexy love.
And Jiro is adorkable love.
I totally totally totally agree... made up words and all. They are just so much love... they need their own words to explain it...

I have a huge awesome loveable poster of JUST Jiro-Calvin-Arron on my wall. (I really adore the magazine PLAY for making such a larger-than-life awesome poster) Oh the love.... :wub:

angel_no.520

Post by angel_no.520 » Sep 18th, '07, 08:18

Puppet Princess wrote:Ok... so a group of us were trying to figure this out today after watching the first episode... but since we don't understand the bulk of the conversations we were trying to piece this together... but it gave us a headache so.... can someone else try to explain it.

So the 4 guys all have the same surname so obviously they are related. We were a little confused on how though. The profiles on the official site said something like Chun and 2 of the brothers were adopted.. not to clear on this as it was poorly translated... but if so, who is the 4th guy then? And Chun and Cal's characters are the same age and George and the other guy are the same age, so it still seems a bit odd.

And were they adopted by the granddad or someone related to the granddad? If so... then they are her brothers... kinda?

Headache again...

If someone who knows could make a little relationship chart or just explain how everyone fits together that would be nice.... and save our sanity. lol
I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think that the 4 guys are cousins (maybe... not sure). Chun & George are brothers and Cal & the other guy are also brothers, but not from the same parents as Chun&G. They all comes from the Nanfeng-family, that is close relatives to the Huangfu-family.

After the lost of Angela's dad and mom, and Angela gone missing, the Huangfu-family didn't have any heir to take over the empire after Angela's granddad. So the granddad "adopted" the 4 guys and put them in training, for the hopes of finding a future heir to his empire.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 18th, '07, 15:20

hmmm... the does seem like it would be more logical. Thanks a lot.

asianrain

Post by asianrain » Sep 19th, '07, 00:18

So will anyone be uploading a raw file to d-addicts. I really want to watch the drama but cant access the icefish version (whatever that is) and I cant comprehend alnything through the Chinese download site. Any suggestions?

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Sep 19th, '07, 01:37

angel_no.520 wrote:
Puppet Princess wrote:Ok... so a group of us were trying to figure this out today after watching the first episode... but since we don't understand the bulk of the conversations we were trying to piece this together... but it gave us a headache so.... can someone else try to explain it.

Headache again...

I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think that the 4 guys are cousins (maybe... not sure). Chun & George are brothers and Cal & the other guy are also brothers, but not from the same parents as Chun&G. They all comes from the Nanfeng-family, that is close relatives to the Huangfu-family.

After the lost of Angela's dad and mom, and Angela gone missing, the Huangfu-family didn't have any heir to take over the empire after Angela's granddad. So the granddad "adopted" the 4 guys and put them in training, for the hopes of finding a future heir to his empire.

o_O I thought the old man adopted his cousins' kids? So they're not exactly that related...so it wouldn't be incest? XD

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Sep 19th, '07, 01:40

asianrain wrote:So will anyone be uploading a raw file to d-addicts. I really want to watch the drama but cant access the icefish version (whatever that is) and I cant comprehend alnything through the Chinese download site. Any suggestions?
Someone uploaded ep.1 on Megaupload at the Fahrenheit LJ Comm

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 19th, '07, 11:23

For those who watched Ep 1.. what do u think about it? cuz I'm really dying to watch the drama but I'll wait SUBlimes till they release first Ep.. :-)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 19th, '07, 11:56

im itching to watch this show!!!!!!!! are the subs out for episode 1??? :D

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 19th, '07, 13:23

biniBningPunkista wrote:im itching to watch this show!!!!!!!! are the subs out for episode 1??? :D
No, it's only been 3 days... barely.

Absinthe_Faerie

Post by Absinthe_Faerie » Sep 19th, '07, 19:57

ali_sen wrote:also who is the 4th guy? There's Calvin, Wu Zun, George Hu as the first 3, who is the 3rd? He's half cute, half creepy... I love it. Who the heck is he??
Haha, did anyone else notice that, that guy, he also plays Guo er in X-Family, his name is Li Ang Lin but thats all I can tell you about him. He seems kinda in the shadows with so many other big names beside him...

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Sep 20th, '07, 00:16

Yay! I can't wait to watch this. >_<;
I really love Calvin.<3 But I still love Wu Chun. I never really seen George.. YET!
^__^;; :wub:

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 20th, '07, 06:47

biniBningPunkista wrote:im itching to watch this show!!!!!!!! are the subs out for episode 1??? :D
hehe. Nope. Sorry that I can't translate at superhuman speed. :P Instead, I'll waste time reading d-addicts threads.

Anywho... it's actually pretty good. I liked the first episode, especially the awkward moments. They made me lol.

And they never mention the relationship between the Huang Fu family and the Nan Feng family besides that they are related. Yes, the old man could've adopted his cousins grandchildren. But the old man and the four guys' grandpa could also be cousins once/twice/thrice/etc. removed (they keep track of things like that in old families... and they do know their pedigree at least six generations up).

p.s. the 6th sense version is really good. Watch that one if you have a choice.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 20th, '07, 10:20

ethidda wrote:
hehe. Nope. Sorry that I can't translate at superhuman speed. :P Instead, I'll waste time reading d-addicts threads.

Anywho... it's actually pretty good. I liked the first episode, especially the awkward moments. They made me lol.

And they never mention the relationship between the Huang Fu family and the Nan Feng family besides that they are related. Yes, the old man could've adopted his cousins grandchildren. But the old man and the four guys' grandpa could also be cousins once/twice/thrice/etc. removed (they keep track of things like that in old families... and they do know their pedigree at least six generations up).

p.s. the 6th sense version is really good. Watch that one if you have a choice.

lols.... thanks for the brief summary. i was about to ask what the whole story is about...
so is it still worth watching after episode 1??

eaachh

Post by eaachh » Sep 20th, '07, 13:12

I have no ideas how good it is since I haven't watched them and can't understand Chinese at all. However, I really need to watch and just wait for any kindness from someone who would like to do subtitles.

(Will Doremii Group be subbing them for sure?)

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 20th, '07, 13:43

ethidda wrote:
Wait... So you guys (SUBlimes) are still doing RP? I thought you guys dropped it?

I also agree that the first episode was a really good episode. It was touching, funny, romantic (bickering), and full of hot guys! haha.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 20th, '07, 14:03

biniBningPunkista wrote:
lols.... thanks for the brief summary. i was about to ask what the whole story is about...
lol How would anyone know? Episode 2 doesn't air until Sunday.
eaachh wrote: (Will Doremii Group be subbing them for sure?)
How come everyone keeps thinking we are doing this drama?
Is it becasue it's Fahrenheit and everyone knows we are obsessed with them?..... And half the people who have posted in this thread are Doremii members. :lol

This was said dozens of times, it's even stated on the other page. SUBlimes is subbing this not Doremii. I've heard no news of them dropping it.

eaachh

Post by eaachh » Sep 20th, '07, 14:22

Puppet Princess wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
eaachh wrote: (Will Doremii Group be subbing them for sure?)
How come everyone keeps thinking we are doing this drama?
Is it becasue it's Fahrenheit and everyone knows we are obsessed with them?..... And half the people who have posted in this thread are Doremii members. :lol

This was said dozens of times, it's even stated on the other page. SUBlimes is subbing this not Doremii. I've heard no news of them dropping it.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean "Doremii" in my previous message. I notice that Sublime is subbing this project but I always confuse between Doremii and Sublimes since I have been a fan of both and have bookmarked them on my list and visit their blogs almost everyday to check their project status. When I think of one, another one also appears to my thought and that makes me did a wrong typing. Please kill me !

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 20th, '07, 14:30

Doremii is obsessed with Fahrenheit.

But (some of) SUBlimes is obsessed with Wu Zun.

Anyways, I blame Puppet Princess with her multitude of flashing DRM banners for any misunderstandings on this thread. :lol

No, we're not dropping it. (Why does everybody assume that we drop projects anyways? The ONLY project SUBlimes EVER dropped was Silence. That was a LOOONG time ago, too.)

I'm so excited for Ep2... :)

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 20th, '07, 14:52

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad that you guys are subbing this project too! Keep up the awesome work.

I also can't wait for episode 2! Chun lets Angela lean on his shoulder! I love Angelun... as you guys can tell from my sig :D

narutaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by narutaru » Sep 20th, '07, 14:59

I am sooo torn. I want to watch it because thanks to a certain fansubbing group my love for Calvin Chen exploded recently to the point of me re-watching their new MV on my ipod and having the theme to x-family on repeat. On the other hand, I remember my disappointment with Wu Zun in Tokyo Juliet (it was the hair) and my love for his adaptation of Sano therefore I am scared.

I am scared that I won't like him in this drama and my vision of him from Hana Kimi will be crashed. I know I could never be disappointed in Calvin though.

So I really don't know if I should watch it or not.

Still thank you sublimes for subbing this project. You guys rock :D

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 20th, '07, 15:03

ethidda wrote:Doremii is obsessed with Fahrenheit.

But (some of) SUBlimes is obsessed with Wu Zun.

Anyways, I blame Puppet Princess with her multitude of flashing DRM banners for any misunderstandings on this thread. :lol

No, we're not dropping it. (Why does everybody assume that we drop projects anyways? The ONLY project SUBlimes EVER dropped was Silence. That was a LOOONG time ago, too.)

I'm so excited for Ep2... :)
It's called subliminal advertising. :lol I brainwash you without you knowing it. mwahahaha.

And actually I don't know why it is, I seriously get messages, at least one a week, asking if we were subbing this when I already said in every place I can think of that we are not. It's strange.

[EDIT]
narutaru wrote:I am sooo torn. I want to watch it because thanks to a certain fansubbing group my love for Calvin Chen exploded recently to the point of me re-watching their new MV on my ipod and having the theme to x-family on repeat.
I know I could never be disappointed in Calvin though.
MWAHAHAHA... another one converted. :lol

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 20th, '07, 16:01

Erm... which one is Calvin? Is he the one with the nice smile?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 20th, '07, 16:12

:D YES! I love his smile. If you look on the first page of this thread I posted a whole bunch of pictures of him. :lol

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 20th, '07, 16:37

Hmm... Calvin is definitely cuter. And Wu Zun is an ass (in the show, not in real life). But we all love the bad boys, right?

Actually, I think Calvin looks better with Angela. But you know, Wu Zun is listed first in the cast list of all the guys. So I'm sure Wu Zun and Angela would end up together. Too bad.

And WZ's raspy/whispery voice is really starting to grate on me.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Sep 20th, '07, 16:45

i have to say something to redeem myself for helping sub this (fan service for girls) drama.
Last edited by AkumaX on Sep 20th, '07, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 20th, '07, 16:56

ethidda wrote:Hmm... Calvin is definitely cuter. And Wu Zun is an ass (in the show, not in real life). But we all love the bad boys, right?

Actually, I think Calvin looks better with Angela. But you know, Wu Zun is listed first in the cast list of all the guys. So I'm sure Wu Zun and Angela would end up together. Too bad.

And WZ's raspy/whispery voice is really starting to grate on me.
Apparently you aren't part of the "some of" you were talking about. :lol

When I was watching the raw Wu Zun freaked me out. He has no sense of personal space. He got WAY too close to Angela. It made even me uncomfortable. I mean everytime time they met he was like inches away from her.... it was just creepy.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 20th, '07, 17:21

Puppet Princess wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
since someone was able to give a brief summary..
ethidda wrote:

then they would have at least an idea on what the show would be about. (seeing the whole picture and maybe "guessing" or "assuming" how the story would flow) and episode 1 was out...
Puppet Princess wrote:
No, it's only been 3 days... barely.
as you have mentioned earlier.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 20th, '07, 18:02

biniBningPunkista wrote:
Puppet Princess wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
since someone was able to give a brief summary..
I was responding to the second part of that actually. The "so is it still worth watching after episode 1??" part. Because honestly, I have seen things with awesome first episodes... but they went downhill really fast after that. I hope that wont happen here but who knows... we shall wait and see.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 20th, '07, 18:12

Well, since it's only a 10 episode show--unless they end up adding episodes, which would suck--I would expect it to have a pretty tight plot, if nothing else. I just want to get to the scene where
Calvin tells Angela that the best revenge would be for her to marry WZ (she has to pick one of the four, according to a contract she made with grandpa). So she goes and tells him that she's going to marry him. He says something like "do you hate me/want to make my life miserable" and she says yes.

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 20th, '07, 19:12

ethidda wrote:Well, since it's only a 10 episode show--unless they end up adding episodes, which would suck--I would expect it to have a pretty tight plot, if nothing else. I just want to get to the scene where
Calvin tells Angela that the best revenge would be for her to marry WZ (she has to pick one of the four, according to a contract she made with grandpa). So she goes and tells him that she's going to marry him. He says something like "do you hate me/want to make my life miserable" and she says yes.
I don't think that the director will film more episodes. The drama is already done, it's just that if RP gets really popular, the director will just add the scenes that he cut. So, it's sort of like a director's cut of RP. haha.

About the spoiler... is that really going to happen in the drama? Or did u get that from the manga? B/c that sounds really intense.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 20th, '07, 19:44

If you download the 20 minute trailer of it, then it has a lot of the really intense scenes. So, I assume it's going to be in the show. (And I never read the manga...)

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 20th, '07, 20:24

Oh, so that scene was in the 20 minute preview?

Yeah, I did download it, but I don't understand Mandarin at all... :whistling: haha

narutaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by narutaru » Sep 20th, '07, 21:53

I want Calvin to get the girl :(

*stomps off crying*

I wouldn't mind having my personal space invaded by Wu Zun, and I HATE it when people I don't know are close to me. It can make bus trips really fun.

I think I might wait few week before I decide whether I should watch it or not.

Although I have nothing against Angela, I think if the lead girl was Joe Chen or Zhang Xin Yu I would want to watch it.

I just hope that they NEVER EVER put any of the Fahrenheit boys with Cindy Wang in anything.