Jordan Chan as Chen Zhen
Zhou Mu Yin as Zhao Qian Nan
Xiu Qin as Long Hai Sheng
Ding Li as Wang Yun

Sina Website
YesAsia
Trailer

Description (taken from YesAsia):
Larger-than-life martial arts hero Huo Yuan Jia, who was embodied by Jet Li in the 2006 blockbuster Fearless, now comes to the small screen in the highly anticipated Mainland TV drama Huo Yuan Jia. Reuniting after their Young and Dangerous days, Hong Kong stars Ekin Cheng and Jordan Chan fight for a higher cause as kung fu icons Huo Yuan Jia and Chen Zhen. Ekin Cheng did his fair share of action period dramas in the 1990s with TVB, and he handles his action scenes with surprising skill and convince in Huo Yuan Jia. This is Cheng's first Mainland drama in his long career, and he even shaved his trademark locks for the role. Huo Yuan Jia also marks a first for renowned Hong Kong director Stanley Kwan, who served as art director for the drama, ensuring that the mood matches the action, choreographed by Ku Huen Chiu. The drama is written by Hong Kong screenwriter Chan Kiu Ying, who penned many of TVB's classic dramas including Legend of the Condor Heroes and Shanghai Bund.

Huo Yuan Jia revolves around Cheng's titular hero, who comes of age during the waning days of the Qing Dynasty. With the country weakened by constant foreign infringement, Chinese people suffer unfair treatment from foreigners in their own homeland. After seeing his friend get beaten to death, Huo realizes that he must help strengthen China through martial arts, creating his own kung fu style and dueling against foreign challengers. His cause is aided by Jordan Chan's Chen Zhen, a fictional hero that attained iconic status through Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury and was also portrayed by Donnie Yen in an ATV drama. Here, Jordan Chan creates a more mischievous character that suits his acting style and helps lighten the drama. Uplifting and packed with action, Huo Yuan Jia is a grand drama about brotherhood, courage, patriotism, and the essence of martial arts.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Oct 13th, '07, 17:04

omg Ekin AND Jordan?!

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Oct 22nd, '07, 19:48

it's been a long time since i seen ekin in action.. :D so is there going to be a group to sub this series??

ThaChinky

Post by ThaChinky » Oct 24th, '07, 01:22

aw sick!
i hope they put lots of effort into this series. and i really hope the action sequences do NOT consist of the camera movement, but actually the character movements.
can't wait to check this one!

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Oct 24th, '07, 08:38

koua_xiong wrote:it's been a long time since i seen ekin in action.. :D so is there going to be a group to sub this series??
I am certain Tai Seng will sub this series.

jynn91

Post by jynn91 » Jan 30th, '08, 12:09

erm currently is there any torrents available for this series?

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jan 30th, '08, 16:53

jynn91 wrote:erm currently is there any torrents available for this series?
There should be torrents for it at btchina I think. For all those waiting for English subs, maybe you guys can keep your fingers crossed and hope that DevilSlob will rip from Tai Seng's discs and upload it here. :lol

amelia.john011

Post by amelia.john011 » Nov 11th, '10, 11:12

I could really feel like Huo Yuan Jia was a legendary hero at a time when Chinese were called sick man in Asia. There is something touching in this series, which has left an indelible impression on me, so will the end keeper anyway.

vodanh

Post by vodanh » Feb 1st, '11, 09:39

Can someone please post English subs for this, either ripped from the series, or fan subbed. Theres a pack in rmvb format torrented on several sites but no subtitles.