Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[TwDrama] Hot Shot (CTV/GTV 2008)

Post by AkumaX » Nov 30th, '07, 20:06

whee i finally get to make a thread in this forum XD

Hot Shot a.k.a Basketball Fire
籃球火 / Lan Qiu Huo

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lan_Qiu_Huo

Starring (from left to right), Alan Luo, Jerry Yan, and Wu Chun, oh my!

Last edited by AkumaX on May 16th, '08, 20:10, edited 3 times in total.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Nov 30th, '07, 20:06

Last edited by AkumaX on Nov 17th, '08, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Nov 30th, '07, 21:54

wow...must be a big production....the girls are going to scream!!!

a1v1n

Post by a1v1n » Nov 30th, '07, 22:13

the female lead definitely caught my eyes!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Nov 30th, '07, 22:15

Show... YAY! :wub:

Jerry and Chun.... :glare:

tampopo24

Post by tampopo24 » Dec 2nd, '07, 08:31

Jerry and Chun, in the same drama with a ball *0* I'll definitively watching it.
It's been so long since I've seen one with Jerry, and chun is so hot :w00t:

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 4th, '07, 07:56

really excited about this drama - can't wait to see some awesome action sequences!! :cheers:

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Dec 7th, '07, 05:25

kyaaa!!! I can't wait for this drama to air :D It has 3 of my favourite actors :wub:

I heard it's loosely based on the japanese manga Slam Dunk? I hope they do it justice. They should do a japanese dorama on this too.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Dec 15th, '07, 19:17

Here are some pictures of filming that I got from asianfanatics (credit to a1958@nbbbs.com and yam news):

Can't wait for this drama :D

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Dec 15th, '07, 19:51

ohhh wow, this looks nice! i want to watch it now but it's coming out in summer of 2008? 6 months! that's a long time =/
btw anyone have a summary or something of what this series is about? besides basketball it seems lol.

Dannysckr

Post by Dannysckr » Jan 5th, '08, 11:16

OMMMMMGGGG cannot wait to see it. 3 pretty hot guys (Wu chun :wub: ) all playing basketball :P This will be really nice to watch XD XD XD <333

Naguoki

Post by Naguoki » May 18th, '08, 12:49

Videos, opening and more:

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » May 19th, '08, 23:40

aww i miss watching jerry yan on tv!

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 22nd, '08, 20:06

i cant wait for the subs too! :wub:

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » May 23rd, '08, 03:48

who's going to be the lead actress and actor?

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jun 2nd, '08, 18:06

Taiwanese dramas and hot actors make basketball look really cool. :P

Almateria

Post by Almateria » Jun 4th, '08, 09:14

Wu Chun *__*
Didn't know it will be a basketball/sports drama. This is a must watch then /Wu Chun's sweet, lol XD

loveWG

Post by loveWG » Jul 11th, '08, 08:39

Wu Chun's role here seems small compared to the other two.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 14th, '08, 18:37

why does jerry still look so hot XD
but i'm sorry he nor does Wu Chun pass for a high school student. They're around 30! Actually no one posing in the photo of the first post looks like a high school student o_o
they have some very mature looking students going to that school :lol I look more like a high school student compared to them

daisyamapi

Post by daisyamapi » Jul 18th, '08, 14:13

i really2 hope this drama will be great..coz staring all super handsome guy in tw...

waiting for this a lot!! yay...

suki2

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 21st, '08, 05:40

YAY can't wait to watch Wu Chun :clap: :heart:

loveWG

Post by loveWG » Jul 27th, '08, 23:50

The series has started already! Yay

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jul 28th, '08, 00:59

Wow 3 hot guys plus a pretty lady.

Who will fansub this?

IsaBonita

Post by IsaBonita » Jul 28th, '08, 09:13

well the first episode should be out aleady i think....??
it has been aired in TW on 27th of july, so..
well i will also watch it because of alan luo....my friend said that the female lead plays ellas american friend "Julia" of hana kimi, is that true?
well i will see....but yeah anbody knows which sub group will sub it?
thank you... :mrgreen:

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Aug 2nd, '08, 09:15

I saw the first half hour. A little over-dramatic so far. That "Yeah I'm superman, you're a loser" song made me LOL.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 3rd, '08, 06:04

I hope someone will sub this I will love them forever lol :heart:

daisyamapi

Post by daisyamapi » Aug 11th, '08, 18:36

i don't found english sub of this series....anyone who will subs this tw series pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 12th, '08, 10:37

Good News guys the subbed episodes are available here - http://support3045.blogspot.com/2008/08/hot-shot.html
Just leave them a message and they'll give you the download link :D

Thank you SE3STOR F4NSUBS for subbing this series :heart: Luv U hehe :mrgreen:

namedx

Post by namedx » Aug 15th, '08, 21:29

Guys I am absolutely loving this series so I thought I might as well share my 2 cents!! I've noticed that I have a thing for 'sporty' dramas (with the addition of eye candy of course)! Seriously though, Jerry, Chun and Show is not the only reason why this drama is so hot (though they do make up 99.9% of the 'hotness' lol).
Rather, it's the way in which the story is executed that I love, the way the characters interact, chemistry. Even those who are unfamiliar to me, they fit the role so perfectly that I couldn't imagine anyone else playing that role. If there's anything that would stop me from finishing a drama then that's poor script and poor chemistry-but then again that's just individual opinion, though dramas like Romantic Princess, FTLY etc had great ratings, for some reason they just weren't my cup of tea.

I loved ISWAK 1, but out of ISWAK 2 and Sweet Relationship, I found myself craving more for Sweet Relationship. The same goes for Hot Shot-even with the competing dramas, I find myself craving for this one. Its usually the small things that do it for me, clever or witty one liners, subtle romance, kick ass comical stunts-WITH the right facial expressions, which, hats of to Show, he has done so well in this drama (I have never seen him act before- he is just sooo damn funny in this, his acting really is worthy of praise!!

It does all depend on what kind of dramas you like, but I'm pretty easy when it comes to genre, and this one really fits the entertaining, comical, and wacky category. its humour borders on ridiculous, but that's what makes it so much fun. Films that are exaggerated to the fullest- the likes of Kung Fu Hustle and Kill Bill may not be to every ones taste, but as far as entertainment value goes, it sure gets my vote.

I guess the final point that I'm trying to make is for people who reckon this drama and its stunts are so fake and so exaggerated that its pathetic. But if you ask me, lol that is the whole point, the fact that its based on a manga should say it all. Its supposed to be exaggerated, its supposed to have unreal moments and yes its got to be humanly impossible to the extent that it seems ludicrous-that's what its all about!! All you've got to do is sit back and enjoy the show (without thinking too much!)

lol woah, I've written an essay, I can honestly say that everything I wrote was out of sheer boredom, looking at the lack of discussion for this drama I thought I'd share some of my own passion-plus it helps me to kill the time waiting for the release of ep 3. soo excited hehe (subbers are doing a GREAT job)

Peace out 8)

namedx

Post by namedx » Aug 15th, '08, 21:46

Some highlight moments from ep2
-the relationship between Da Ying and W (I'd like to think there's something going on lol)
-Da Ying trying to torture DFX with his tone deaf singing
-The bug song, lol that was pretty entertaining
-DFX giving into Da Ying and accepting the challenge in the hope that it would make him shut up
-I'm loving the basketball team buddies, esp the two brothers who look nothing alike!
-The challenge between DY and DFX
-Da Ying being a hopeless romantic in front of Jie Er
-Jie Er practicing her lines on her cam phone (her facial expressions, lol hilarious) for what to say to DFX in order to let her stay another night
-(and last but not least) how can we forget those oh so cute moments between DFX and Jie Er, the typical love hate relationship is bound to be present, and yep it wins every time!

sianzb0i

Post by sianzb0i » Aug 16th, '08, 09:25

wow i love this show...makes me laugh...
i wanna hav the OST and the song Cause I believe....that one damn nice

bent

Post by bent » Aug 17th, '08, 09:30

akiko-chico wrote:Good News guys the subbed episodes are available here - http://support3045.blogspot.com/2008/08/hot-shot.html
Just leave them a message and they'll give you the download link :D

Thank you SE3STOR F4NSUBS for subbing this series :heart: Luv U hehe :mrgreen:
thanks for the link!

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Aug 27th, '08, 02:34

melonyhappy wrote:why does jerry still look so hot XD
but i'm sorry he nor does Wu Chun pass for a high school student. They're around 30! Actually no one posing in the photo of the first post looks like a high school student o_o
they have some very mature looking students going to that school :lol I look more like a high school student compared to them
actually, they're university students

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Aug 27th, '08, 02:39

namedx wrote: which, hats of to Show, he has done so well in this drama (I have never seen him act before- he is just sooo damn funny in this, his acting really is worthy of praise!!
I seriously couldn't agree more with you, I had never seen Alan Luo but he's the funniest ever!! first episode and im already drooling over him :wub:
Zealousy wrote:I saw the first half hour. A little over-dramatic so far. That "Yeah I'm superman, you're a loser" song made me LOL.
oh man, i hate it! it just reminds me of the ugly music we have in the west (pitbull, etc)

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Sep 8th, '08, 05:14

Okay so I watched the first episode =D

^ LOL I know the theme song made me crack up a little. Some of the rap parts are good though xD

I love it so far. At first I cringed at the basketball scenes, but I got used to it haha.

Jerry Yan is so awesome =D Totally spazzing over this guy right now xDDDD.
Alan Kuo is so suited to play these comic poor guy roles. He does a real good job.
I'm looking forward to the plot and character development. As well as those loooove connections haha.

Coco Jiang looks super tall to me in this too haha. xD
Alan Kuo's expressions are hilarious. When he was watching ball in the house, and the guy tried to get him to upstairs.

The thing with Gu Gu Ji is sad. I thought they would make that one girl the actual her, but to my surprise they killed her. :blink

I like it, hopefully it will continue well. =D

tidusfangirl

Post by tidusfangirl » Sep 14th, '08, 13:03

This is quite possibly the best drama I've seen all year (maybe with the exception of Fated to Love You)! I don't like sports dramas so i was worried they would get too much into the jargon and technique and it would boring, but somehow the characters intensity just makes it exciting to watch. This drama also super-excites me because of JERRY! I've been an F4 fan for a very long time and I was waiting for their epic comeback in Wish To See You Again, but I it was too draggy and overall quite disappointing. Rolling Love was also a disappointment because Danson played the lonely emo boy once again (and doesn't seem to be able to express any other emotion??) and Genie Zhuo got another peppy simple girl role :P (I liked her much better in Mean Girl Ah Chu as Wang Zhi Er, definitely showed off her amazing acting ability). So after a season of general disappointment.....Hot Shot came to the rescue. Jerry is absolutely incredible, he captured my heart right from the beginning. DFX doesn't show a lot of blatant emotion, but when he speaks, you can feel what he's feeling! When I saw them dancing in Episode three, my fangirl dreams came true! *_* Alan (I always forget to call him SHOW xD) is of course, adorable and goofy as always (and I loved him in Corner With Love), but I still prefer Jerry ^____^

Predictions! I was hoping this would happen, but now after watching ep 7 I think I can rest assured that DFX will end up with Jie Er and YDY will end up with W. Reason 1: Jie Er and YDY is the way too obvious pairing. They hit it off within 5 episodes and everything is smooth sailing? No way, too easy. A lot of times, dramas like to hold off the real couple until the very end. Reason 2: When YDY is in the restaurant moping and W and the other 3 come see him, the restaurant lady was like "Why don't you switch your important person for this one?" meaning W. This is clearly foreshadowing!! Because in dramas, there is always some old person being like "Are you sureeeee you don't like ___________?" And the person will deny it but in the end they end up together. Reason 3: YDY and W get along much better, more comfortably. They already live together and they can talk about their problems with each other. They take care of each other. This is a more fitting couple, in my opinion. Reason 4: There is just no freakin' way that Jerry is gonna end up alone.

My secret plot twist wish is that the basketball team ends up competing in a dance competition xD They have some clips in the intro/commercial break that sort of look that way. They are definitely gonna be doing some more dancing. Squeee.

Whew, I'm done.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Sep 15th, '08, 17:34

it took you 7 episodes to figure out who was gonna end up with who? Taiwanese drama novice? I knew who was gonna end up with who first 2 minutes after watching the intro theme.

I agree with you though, it is a pretty good drama to watch

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Sep 17th, '08, 05:22

I luv Hot Shot, it's great! And thanks to the people subbing it too :mrgreen:

dreamerlorry

Post by dreamerlorry » Sep 21st, '08, 08:17

JERRY YEN IS SUPERDEEEE HAWTTT AND COOL (((:
xiaozhu is acting too retarded :\

but umm..haha, i dont think it's a really good show...it's quite weirddd at parts i guess
but i am still watching it cos of the many eyecandies ^^

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Sep 24th, '08, 00:55

what episode does Jie Er Kiss Dong Fang Xiang, Zhou Cai Shi looks hella bomb

arun

Post by arun » Sep 28th, '08, 18:56

Do you know where i can find the ost of this drama?

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Sep 29th, '08, 18:59

arun wrote:Do you know where i can find the ost of this drama?
yes.

Nayuu

Post by Nayuu » Nov 13th, '08, 03:53

ya ne, i rarely post but now i HAVE TO!

I didn't like basketball. i didn't like like the title. and i don't care bout idols or eyecandies, at least i don't choose dramas after such a criteria. = i really didn't want to watch this whatever it might be -
but i have
and
I LOVE IT

i'm sooo happy LOL

the storyline is nice n' deep (for tw), good screenwriting, strong personalities, pretty cool style (colors, szenes, shot), nice guys! and an awesome lead female (not a barbie), good music! (i'm not a hiphop&rap-fan), really funny!, romance, ... ow damn, i'm just addicted - even if i'm the only one who loves it :lol can't wait for ep. 13 with subs

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 1st, '08, 01:18

oh maqn is this show funny
show is funny :lol :w000t:

emilycyl

Post by emilycyl » Dec 20th, '08, 09:09

Where can i download this drama???

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 22nd, '08, 18:49

emilycyl wrote:Where can i download this drama???
right at d addicts u should find i think? :whistling: