[TwDrama] The Rose (TTV, 2003)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Re: The Rose - discussion thread

Post by Kai Lien » Aug 24th, '04, 06:11

clouds421 wrote:
mokospeed wrote:Ever watch the infamous American talk show by Jerry Springer? :O

BTW, I'm enjoying this drama
No, you didn't just compare this to that freak show!!

AHH!!

--

also, how come we haven't heard from Jin lovers? He's rather sweet, too :)

--

last thing, working on a website : http://therose.fateback.com

Fans welcomed to do bios, add news, write reviews..etc., nothing much to see right now, still under construction. Nothing fancy, since it's my first real website. See the awful lack of graphics..
Cool site. Liked that net and tv link to Kui pics. :w00t: Ah..I can't believe Jerry is pure chinese. This whole time I thought he was mixed! Good to know! Just one thing though...some of the content is spoilerish.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Aug 24th, '04, 06:22

Crystaln wrote::unsure: Where did he learn to act like that, w that seductive look OMG he turned me on wah wake me up Im still dreaming ha ha
he's so good at making us all going crazy or is it just me so obssessed :cry: I need a life..
just 'cause of the waiting for the next eps to be release, I've been traumatized by you all ha ha :D
happy happy dling right now, thanks you guys
In "Cover People" interview, Joe (Kui) said that he always playing different role with his older sister when they was younger, pretented to be merchandiser, school principle and all kind of thing. And when play out the fairy tale roles from snow white and such Joe always played the bad guy role. Ever since he was young, when taking pictures he always made different pose.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Aug 24th, '04, 06:26

hey "the rose" fans! espcially those of you who are fans of kui & selina... :D

if you haven't noticed already, there's a download for kdrama music videos. well, not all of them are for kdramas. one is for the rose! it's the ending song, i believe. anyways, it's a pretty long music video, because it even has a storyline. it's basically about kui & selina, though they're not playing their roles from the drama. i think that those of you who are diehard fans will enjoy it. :lol oh, and no subs, but i think you can get the meaning.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 8d0f49615c

@shirahime: thanks for the summaries of the missing episodes. even though it's been a few months, it's good to know what happened. :)

Crystaln

Post by Crystaln » Aug 24th, '04, 15:23

[quote="shirahimeIn "Cover People" interview, Joe (Kui) said that he always playing different role with his older sister when they was younger, pretented to be merchandiser, school principle and all kind of thing. And when play out the fairy tale roles from snow white and such Joe always played the bad guy role. Ever since he was young, when taking pictures he always made different pose.[/quote]

shirahimeln- Thanks for the info, does he sing at all?, I saw 1 of the picture he's singing.
was he in any other serie that he does not play a charactor suffered for a girl?? lol he's good at it tho but I just felt so bad for him

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Aug 24th, '04, 15:42

Crystaln wrote: shirahimeln- Thanks for the info, does he sing at all?, I saw 1 of the picture he's singing.
was he in any other serie that he does not play a charactor suffered for a girl?? lol he's good at it tho but I just felt so bad for him

I was wondering that same thing. Cuz at netandtv.com I saw a pic of him singing and it was from channel v. It seems familiar to me that he sings...can someone confirm this?

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Aug 24th, '04, 15:44

Kai Lien wrote:
Crystaln wrote: shirahimeln- Thanks for the info, does he sing at all?, I saw 1 of the picture he's singing.

I was wondering that same thing. Cuz at netandtv.com I saw a pic of him singing and it was from channel v. It seems familiar to me that he sings...can someone confirm this?
He said in his profile info himself that he doesn't sing well. But then I mean there're a lot of singers out there that sound really bad. I really hope he'll consider singing though. But for the moment he's only doing modelling, acting and commercials.

penGy

Post by penGy » Aug 25th, '04, 22:58

Thank you, shirahime, for the interview with Joe. :D He's so sweet! I like his personality too. Heh. And when he models.. Phwoar.. :wub:

richnrich

Post by richnrich » Aug 26th, '04, 00:57

Kai Lien wrote:

maybe the pic of him singing that you saw, is the pic from the MV 'Guitarist' sung by a girl (dunno her name) and Joe's role in that MV is as a 'famous rock singer :roll (he is just a model in the MV)' ...you can download/watch the MV from the link below:

http://w2.tkgsh.tn.edu.tw/93c740/guitarist.wmv

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Aug 26th, '04, 05:50

richnrich wrote:
Kai Lien wrote:

maybe the pic of him singing that you saw, is the pic from the MV 'Guitarist' sung by a girl (dunno her name) and Joe's role in that MV is as a 'famous rock singer :roll (he is just a model in the MV)' ...you can download/watch the MV from the link below:

http://w2.tkgsh.tn.edu.tw/93c740/guitarist.wmv
Thanks for answering my question and for the vid!!! Yup, it's the one I was talking about. Joe looks very good in the mv. :wub:

Crystaln

Post by Crystaln » Aug 26th, '04, 16:40

thnx richnrich- yes that's the one, I couldnt believe my eyes, omg he's so hot, hot hot hot... he was skinny I thought but wait he's so hot,

thnx shirahimeln for the "nine ball" I am so craving to see more of Joe Zhang,
and thanks to all the team members for the translation :wub: :wub:

can you ul more eps faster :roll , I know I m kind of greedy here :whistling:

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Aug 26th, '04, 18:18

woow, I just watch the episode whre Baihe is getting a fever...She's so lucky!!In those conditiond, I don't mind having one too! lol :roll
For Jin, if he's completely chinese, that means he's wearing blus contact lenses. I tried to figure it out, but welle it looks really natural.
And a big thanks to the translator, this serie is so great!! :wub:

chinkyangel

Post by chinkyangel » Aug 26th, '04, 18:51

he is wearing contacts ;p

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Aug 26th, '04, 22:59

Crystaln wrote: can you ul more eps faster :roll , I know I m kind of greedy here :whistling:
haha, at the moment, it's releasing at a decent rate I'd say..don't know what would happen when everyone's summer is over! right now just having some complications w/ ep. 8

Crystaln

Post by Crystaln » Aug 27th, '04, 00:38

Thank you for the responds, but but :-( :cry: :alcoholic: I ll need something to knock myself off to not to think about this this this...

Hope you all can find the solutions soon... Thank you

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Aug 27th, '04, 01:30

Crystaln wrote:Thank you for the responds, but but :-( :cry: :alcoholic: I ll need something to knock myself off to not to think about this this this...

Hope you all can find the solutions soon... Thank you
LMAO. That's why you watch several series at once so you always have something to fill your need when the addiction's too great. Getting totally addicted to one series is a bad thing... what if they stop in the middle of a cliffhanger and put it on hiatus?! A few days' wait is nothing... actually, clouds421 & crew are releasing at an amazing rate for a fansub group. :)

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Aug 28th, '04, 23:50

Still working on the problem...

In the meanwhile, I updated the website a little bit w/ pics & news: http://therose.fateback.com --> stop by & sign the guestbook, lol, all I see is Crystaln in there. Thanks girl!
(Working on information right, so it's mainly text. If I have time, I'll go back & work on asthetics.

Interesting info I found...Ella was asked by the director to gain 3kg for the role. In addition she had to wear layers of clothing underneath to make herself look chubby enough. (Yeah, I remember ShiraHime (?) mentioned she noticed this right?)

Then..found this pic while looking for news, a topless & scuffy looking Jerry..I'll just post link since some have expressed less than enthusiasm about this: http://ent.dayoo.com/img/2004-07/26/xin ... 301c6e.jpg

Another thing, I was being a moron & deleted the images folder on the website while I was uploading stuff. If anyone visited before 8/27 & haven't emptied temp internet files, do me a favor & search to see if you can find the file manga_1.gif will you?

Thanks.

:)
Last edited by clouds421 on Aug 31st, '04, 00:38, edited 2 times in total.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Aug 29th, '04, 00:29

My friend told me Ella had to gain 5 kg for the role and stuff pillows under her clothes to make her look fatter. But yea, same difference. :lol

penGy

Post by penGy » Aug 29th, '04, 00:49

It's so cool how Jerry looks mixed even though he's full blooded Chinese.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Aug 29th, '04, 20:46

penGy wrote:It's so cool how Jerry looks mixed even though he's full blooded Chinese.
Maybe long long way back in time, some of his ancestors arent chinese? you'll never know :crazy:

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Aug 29th, '04, 21:17

hehee been afraid to come hea cuz dont want any spoilers but luckily i skip through things that might look like its a spoiler but whohoo luckily i did and got the mv thanx!! kui is sooo cuteee *cough* no more fangirling

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Aug 29th, '04, 23:14

You know, the more I'm watching deeper into the show, the more I'm amazed by the excellent control of the acting and the script. There're so many scenes that could've turned into disasters, or cheezy, lame and unbelievable situations, especially like *spoiler*Kui and Jin kissing each other, Jin continually crawling into Bai He's bed, Bai He losing weight, or Mao Ji waking up after Fu Rong said she'd stay.*spoiler* But I'm continually impressed by the quality of the acting, and the overall feeling of this show. The comic parts were funny, but never stupid.

If someone told me I was going to fall in love with a bi-sexual character with a tendency to wear a white, silky, lacy nightgown to bed before seeing this, I would've laughed. But Kui...what a guy! What hair! :D

Did anyone else not enjoy the sad song about the leaves and feathers? Did one of SHE sing that, and the ending song? It's not very flattering, in my opinion. But overall the music is great; especially that weird plucking song when things get scary in the show.

Love <The Rose>!

Crystaln

Post by Crystaln » Aug 30th, '04, 00:34

clouds421- thanks for the updates, I deleted my temporary folder very offten so I couldnt find the file :(

Calcifer-it's the weird show I've heard at first, I knew this lady at work & she had daughter abt my age, she dis-courage me to watch this show, I didnt know why, the more she told me not to the more I wanted to see it ha ha dont know y so I tried and O. M. G. I loved it and love the kind of girly guy charactor ha ha it's so ridiculous so came back & told this lady hah I watched it and loved Kui so she laughed at me & said she love him too... :x
I even went further, I orderd the cds from yesasia too, waiting for it to arrive, crazy me I couldnt understand a thing what they r saying, I m just depend to this all of kind soul people from this translation team to translate the show for me Thank you guys.. yeah I m so crazy abt this show, the missing parts in the bulk just driving me nut :crazy: but thanks shirahime w/o the bulk I am going insane ha ha
Now I only hope you can find the solutions for the problem for the next eps release :roll

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Aug 30th, '04, 08:13

Yeah problem with eps 8 is solve. I've started to translate a little now. But since it's heavy with conversation in this one and I only have 2 hands :P
Well we'll release it when it's done. Just want to tell you guys that ep 8 is finally moving forward.

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Aug 30th, '04, 11:13

Calcifer10000 wrote: If someone told me I was going to fall in love with a bi-sexual character with a tendency to wear a white, silky, lacy nightgown to bed before seeing this, I would've laughed. But Kui...what a guy! What hair! :D

Did anyone else not enjoy the sad song about the leaves and feathers? Did one of SHE sing that, and the ending song? It's not very flattering, in my opinion. But overall the music is great; especially that weird plucking song when things get scary in the show.

Love <The Rose>!
Very insightful comments. I don't think Kui's character is bi-sexual--it's more complex than that, but it'l take some explaining so I'll leave for now. As for his nightgowns, I agree that it's a signature in here. I never exprected it to be so good either. Apart from acting, the dialogue is so original & poignant. Sometimes I feel impregnated w/ thecharacters' feelings without them having to repeat it over & over or express it outwardly (one of my peeves of idol dramas). Everytime Kui becaomes gentle, my heart skips several beats and even stops @ his ilines. The guy is so... can't find the word.

P.S. Calcifer, got your PM, will reply later after I figure out something. I just had this sudden inspiration to expres fanaticism--it's like a sudden burst of energy.

The ending song is "Leaf" by A-Sun or better known as A-Sang. It was actually very popular & won an award. Guess you haven't checked out the OST thread?

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Aug 30th, '04, 18:49

Damm Joe Cheng is getting hotter, more and more in the spot light. Today he was on Kan Ci Lai Le with his 2 model friends. Talking about each other and they even perfomed a clothes changing, 3 guys in a small dressing "room".
Joe will be entering college the 5 september with his 2 friends, and hold on, it's the same college that Zai Zai aka Vic is in. What a great college that is, full of hotties :wub:

oh yeah for fetching the show click here
Last edited by shirahime on Sep 4th, '04, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

yinki

Rose OST

Post by yinki » Aug 30th, '04, 23:57

Can anyone tell me who is the singer to this one sad song that plays a lot in the rose? I believe the song is Track 6 in the OST and the instrumental for it, is track 11. Thank in advance!

penGy

Post by penGy » Aug 31st, '04, 00:01

^ The one by a guy? If so, it's Z Chen (aka Cheung Chi Sing).

yinki

Post by yinki » Aug 31st, '04, 00:20

Thank a lot P!

Crystaln

Post by Crystaln » Sep 2nd, '04, 17:58

just checking, dont scream at me, just wonder so quiet here

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Sep 3rd, '04, 02:29

Again; I'm willing to help out with translation if there's any need :D I'm watching slowly to keep from finishing this series too fast and then having nothing to watch with Kui anymore...!!! :pale:

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Sep 3rd, '04, 03:25

Crystaln wrote:just checking, dont scream at me, just wonder so quiet here
Soon! Really :)

If anyone cares, I put up the official wallpapers I found & more screen caps.

bludawn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by bludawn » Sep 3rd, '04, 03:36

clouds421 wrote:
Crystaln wrote:just checking, dont scream at me, just wonder so quiet here
:w00t: :dance:

woww this pic -- 3_28-3-326-503_2003090994416.jpg
lol

thnx for posting the wps & pics...they're nice to look through

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Sep 3rd, '04, 11:04

clouds421 wrote:
Yeah, soon hehe
They really talk a lot in eps 8, prepare your eyes for a lot of reading! :P

linfaye

Post by linfaye » Sep 5th, '04, 19:37

clouds421 : I have to say Great job on the site !

Hi hi hi hi ....... wanna shout out i always miss kui :wub:

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Sep 6th, '04, 02:47

linfaye wrote:clouds421 : I have to say Great job on the site !

Hi hi hi hi ....... wanna shout out i always miss kui :wub:
thanks, it's nothing spectacular, but at least it's A English site. I really couldn't find any others on it. oh, and sign the gb! it's looking so pitiful -_-
bludawn wrote: woww this pic -- 3_28-3-326-503_2003090994416.jpg
lol
Is that a "woww" turn-off or turn-on? :unsure: :lol

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Sep 6th, '04, 19:18

(Told shira where I'm at & nothing much to do here so...)

Really heartfelt expressions. Well, I love the entire cast but don't you think Ru Rong & Kui have a lot of chemistry in their scenes as siblings?

----------

and yeah, the typo in ep. 8 *disapointed* in place of *disappeared* was not shira's fault, the word processor automatically changed it, I didn't catch it. (this was overlap from ep. 7 & I just copied & pasted this part since it wouldn't make sense to have a different translations)

Crystaln

Post by Crystaln » Sep 7th, '04, 23:37

gosh, just like you said Shira, it's a big twist there in eps8, I watched & watched & had to pause for sometimes to rewind my mind of what I just read for the last 5 min? gosh I was like ok who is who with all of the names ha ha & I figured it out geez what's going on the mother ?? ha ha great twist and then Keui oh poor Keui a big confusion here Im confuse for him too, his feeling awww my heart crying w his screaming WHY? enjoy this serie so much I can go on and on to talk about this but afraid that I will accidently spoil to others, got to go back & watch some more, I paused just have to write my thoughts.. Thank you so much for this wonderful translation :wub: :wub: you guys :wub:

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Sep 17th, '04, 15:30

Me again. My internet connection has been down for a day & a half leaving me stranded, and I have no idea what the deal is. I'm going to call ISP later when I get home, but wanted to write in just in case anyone's wondering where I went! (Yeah, cin, first you, then me). I was uploading ep. 11, but don't think it was done yet...I'll get it up as soon as I can get back online.

Contact me by fateback doodle/pm/e-mail if you need me.

Xena

Post by Xena » Sep 17th, '04, 16:36

clouds421 Thank you I Love this series

eps 10 or 11 ?

:roll

thanks

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Sep 18th, '04, 22:01

Xena wrote:clouds421 Thank you I Love this series

eps 10 or 11 ?

:roll

thanks
hi Xena! :w00t: yay, someone new to the discussion forum, keep it active. It's 10 & 11.

I'm still carrying on my "The Rose Complex" & "Sunflower Complex" (new terminology by me) so you can expect updates on the website. I think I should name it, but I'm so bad at names...give me some ideas?

The Rose Complex (n): I have to come up with the right wording...
Sunflower Complex (n): Check out the poem on fateback & you'll see what I mean! lol

Crystaln

Post by Crystaln » Sep 19th, '04, 00:49

Oh count me in, Im checking this thread everyday, just not dare to post 'cause I know everyone is busy w school works :P cant wait for the next eps release :wub:

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Sep 19th, '04, 20:29

Wanted to post a appendix/addendum, whatever you call it for ep. 11 just for the sake of "accuracy." Around the part where Bai He is describing the person she likes to Jin, she uses rather poetic language here, which was interpreted 3 different ways when I asked 3 translators, so it was hard to pinpoint one meaning to it. It's just a few minutes, but still significant. Braindead and can't think of them right now, but I'll post up meanings when I'm not suffering "wake-up" shock if anyone's interested.

BTW, if anyone has seen me in the incest thread, Opedius Complex was not randomly thrown in here...I was surprised to see it, because I didn't know this was in here before (Chinese name) & indeed double checked to make sure this was the right translation :lol

...and no name suggestions?

-------------
Edit: the meanings, doing this from memory (discussed this 1-2 weeks ago), but should be right...
(1) The meaning that was used says Bai He feels so moved by Jin's faithfulness to someone already dead so that she feels conquered by him and reborn again.
(2) Alternate v1 - Jin's faithfulness is so moving that even that death itself can be moved by his faithfulness (love conquer death) and be revived.
(3) Alternate v2 - Jin's faithfulness is so moving that even the dead/deceased can be moved to come back to life.

Anyway, you get the idea. I find all three to be equally touching & romantic. Just wanted to share this 'cause it's an interesting part.

------------
2nd edit (making up for the wkdays since I probably won't be able to stay around):
The Rose Complex (n): Repercussive effect in which one watching or have watched The Rose (Qiang Wei Zhi Lian) occupies all free time with it and this consumes all normative rationality otherwise (v1 definition).

I think that's what I'm going to name the site unless someone grabs me and say no, it's dumb, lol, no one gave suggestions. Ok, that's it for now. Good thing, one of my classes is partially computer based so I'll work on websites whenever I have free time, hehe. 'Till next time.

-----------
3rd edit: Just remembered this. If you're interested in seeing The Rose officially come out w/ English subtitles, please write in to YesAsia. As you can see, I can write quite a bit when I'm passionate and I have written in/corresponded w/ them about it (as far as I know, others have done so, too!), and I really get a strong feeling that if enough people show that they're interested, YesAsia may do it. Taking care of the copyrights is probably one expensive risk they're not sure whether they want to take right now as well as exploring a larger market.

----------
4th edit: Gosh, I just can't stop yapping. As we are approaching midpoint of this drama, just feel really grateful towards all translators. This is also the time of new beginnings, new commitments so I know not everybody will have time later on. No matter what happens, I'm so happy to have met & worked with everything ah! Thinking about a million things, and this is one of them. Just random.

Love,
clouds

b0ba

Post by b0ba » Sep 21st, '04, 02:30

:crazy: ahhhhh.. jus d/l 10 & 11.. SO WANNA WATCH!!! especially reading all dis.. ( i read dis in school lol) but i have 2 finish my stupid hw :-( :-( :-(

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Sep 28th, '04, 04:55

ah man, I was so active in this thread over the weekend and it's all gone :(

to start over, I found a kind soul to translate A-Sang's "Leaves" (the ending theme)

http://therose.fateback.com/e-lyrics.html

If you haven't seen yet, low quality mv can be streamed or downloaded via nettransport here: http://iamjoe.fateback.com/media.html

Now what wants to take on the other tracks? :lol Just in case, for your convenience, Chinese lyrics: http://therose.fateback.com/c-lyrics.html ...really no perks yet, but how about to challenge your linguistical skills and to be featured in the future hall of fame?

Oh, I also found 2 tracks in The Rose that's not on the ost by Zhang Zhi Cheng (he also appears as a cameo). I'll try to post up on media page if the server permits.

--

note: probably delay w/ next eps, translator for it's busy, I'm busy

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Oct 1st, '04, 22:06

New meeting place for The Rose, all translators, go there (I've tried to get hold of everybody, but not everyone available/responding!); if you're a fan, if you wanna be friends, go there & check it out. Kind of a fan forum + traps of youth place. (What does that mean, I dunno :P --it just came into my mind right now, going w/ the flow & the url from host has the word trap in it --sounds pretty good though :) ) Here: http://therose.trap17.com/friends

Jin's bio (it's old, but I just found this): http://therose.fateback.com/jerrybio.html

Talks about 101 Proposals, his beginnings, being Taiwan's top model, intimate scenes w/ Ella & Joe in The Rose...

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Oct 2nd, '04, 16:19

Is Joe in any other series besides this one? He's got the cutest little nose

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » Oct 2nd, '04, 17:49

joe was also in nine ball, and then he now has 2 series that are already finished.

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Oct 12th, '04, 14:42

Would anyone like to give a heads up as to when the rest of The Rose will be uploaded?

its been a while now and I'm itchin for ep12.

Estara

Post by Estara » Oct 12th, '04, 21:26

CamCam wrote:Would anyone like to give a heads up as to when the rest of The Rose will be uploaded?

I imagine clouds and Shirahime might have more current information at the page he mentioned: http://therose.trap17.com/friends. I also remember him mentioning that once school had started people have less time ^^.

I am sure good will come to those who wait *makes big puppy dog eyes towards translators and encoders* :wub:

Update: yup, if you check that forum you get the answer to why it's late.

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Oct 13th, '04, 06:48

Estara wrote:
CamCam wrote:Would anyone like to give a heads up as to when the rest of The Rose will be uploaded?

I imagine clouds and Shirahime might have more current information at the page he mentioned: http://therose.trap17.com/friends. I also remember him mentioning that once school had started people have less time ^^.

I am sure good will come to those who wait *makes big puppy dog eyes towards translators and encoders* :wub:

Update: yup, if you check that forum you get the answer to why it's late.
What Estara said, except I'm a she :)

Down to 2 translators (who aren't students) so things will probably slow down a bit.

To anyone interested in lyrics, wisteria has kindly translated the theme song. Go check out what the song you've been hearing in the opening theme means. Since last time, also added a letter from the actual director at The Rose's 1 year anniversary (some spoilers involved). Thought it was really sweet of her. There's a lot of interesting writing on this drama, but not much I can read, so if anyone have inspirational thoughts, etc. write down in forum, I'm pretty much alone in there :lol and I'm braindead with memorization of school stuff.
Last edited by clouds421 on Oct 13th, '04, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

Estara

Post by Estara » Oct 13th, '04, 17:09

clouds421 wrote:
What Estara said, except I'm a she :)
Waaah, gomen, I am so sorry :crazy: ...

will it cheer you up to know that I only joined this forum for the Rose thread and series? Not that a lot of the other doramas aren't nice too, and with my anime addiciton downloading gets really tough.

I can understand that you'd like company but when I'm online I basically only checking the places I already am known at, being employed makes time much more scarce than even school or university did.

Ganbatte everyone connected to this.

All hail the Lady clouds!
Last edited by Estara on Oct 17th, '04, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Oct 15th, '04, 00:50

There isn't anyone else on this forum that can translate and/or do the subbing/timing that you could send the files to? If I knew Mandarin I'd be all over it, but all I can do is make engrish into english.......hmmmmm.........in college myself and wish it were christmas break already :glare:

duckie

Post by duckie » Oct 16th, '04, 23:38

I didn't really like ep13 that much cuz I got the impression that ___ thinks she's his gf and that he's cheating on her. I don't know, but 13 wasn't that good as the other episodes.
Thanks again for releasing The Rose. :D

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Oct 17th, '04, 02:18

duckie wrote:I didn't really like ep13 that much cuz I got the impression that ___ thinks she's his gf and that he's cheating on her. I don't know, but 13 wasn't that good as the other episodes.
Thanks again for releasing The Rose. :D
I don't think Bai He? thinks that way... if you follow the dialogue, consider why she was in love with Jin. Notice how there was a flashback to the scene where he asks her what kind of person was the man she liked...

duckie

Post by duckie » Oct 17th, '04, 04:26

I know, but she acted like a jealous girlfriend. Saying, he should only love Qin. But at the end I get that she wants him to overcome it and not have his memories with Qin ruined by Ya Man. :)

Edit: I don't know what colors to use to highlight the spoiler. Sorry. :glare:

Sally

Post by Sally » Oct 27th, '04, 14:33

i liked this whole show. it was really good, better than some other shows

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Nov 4th, '04, 03:59

duckie, if you didn't last ep. this next one should be redeeming...

I find what Fu Rong says in this episode 15 really sad, even made a quickie sig when I was reading over it again. Kind of makes me droop everytime, dunno what's so sad about it.

===
Is anyone interested in editing? There's like 2 levels of editing necessary. When I edit it, I'm looking more for content, connotations, whether it goes with the video, etc., then have to go over for grammer, so if someone can commit to the grammer part, it'll probably be speed up the process. If you think you can help out, PM me.. should be confident in English usage & composition. ~700-1000 lines/ep. every 1-3 weeks.

Pretty basic, but common problems I see are subject-verb agreement, verb tense consistency & stuff like that. When you translate so much text, really easy to overlook these stuff.

AuroraGoldBlade

Post by AuroraGoldBlade » Nov 4th, '04, 20:51

clouds421 wrote:duckie, if you didn't last ep. this next one should be redeeming...

I find what Fu Rong says in this episode 15 really sad, even made a quickie sig when I was reading over it again. Kind of makes me droop everytime, dunno what's so sad about it.

===
Is anyone interested in editing? There's like 2 levels of editing necessary. When I edit it, I'm looking more for content, connotations, whether it goes with the video, etc., then have to go over for grammer, so if someone can commit to the grammer part, it'll probably be speed up the process. If you think you can help out, PM me.. should be confident in English usage & composition. ~700-1000 lines/ep. every 1-3 weeks.

Pretty basic, but common problems I see are subject-verb agreement, verb tense consistency & stuff like that. When you translate so much text, really easy to overlook these stuff.
Sure, I'd like to give it a shot, just compare the Chinese and the English and see if it's correct right? What format, a text file? PM me and we can work out the details?

dreamsnpink

Post by dreamsnpink » Nov 14th, '04, 00:59

CamCam wrote:There isn't anyone else on this forum that can translate and/or do the subbing/timing that you could send the files to? If I knew Mandarin I'd be all over it, but all I can do is make engrish into english.......hmmmmm.........in college myself and wish it were christmas break already :glare:
me too... I can help make engrish into english. Since Thanksgiving break is coming soon, I have some free time. :)

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Dec 2nd, '04, 17:08

today is December 2nd and I just have to ask since there's no mention of it on fateback, when are the next episodes going to be released? If your in the states Finals are up so free time will be plentyfull. I just don't know if I can wait anylonger forthe rest of this series without cracking :crazy: .....just looking for a guesstimate at when.....Thanks a bunch Clouds.

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Dec 3rd, '04, 22:53

CamCam wrote:today is December 2nd and I just have to ask since there's no mention of it on fateback, when are the next episodes going to be released? If your in the states Finals are up so free time will be plentyfull. I just don't know if I can wait anylonger forthe rest of this series without cracking :crazy: .....just looking for a guesstimate at when.....Thanks a bunch Clouds.
Even with so many releases on d-addicts? Hope you don't crack, but it might be longer...

We can't all be zdoons :)

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Dec 7th, '04, 01:03

You just don't know. I go through series like water. I can't dl them fast enough and get frustrated when they go a-wire :crazy: (*cough*MarmaladeBoy*cough*)......but hey, I'll just have twice as much enjoyment watching the final episodes even more. Your doing a great job so keep up the good work. :thumright:

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Dec 20th, '04, 16:25

Oh where, oh where has my little Rose gone? Oh where, oh where could it be? With its cute, dumpling faced girl and sexy long haired Joe. Oh where, oh where could it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? :alcoholic:

WesY2K

Post by WesY2K » Jan 12th, '05, 11:59

Any news about new episodes? I'm waiting impatiently... (sorry, I can't be helped *g*)...

Estara

Post by Estara » Feb 5th, '05, 23:02

Ah well, we did get as far as half way. Maybe they'll have more time some time this year ^^. As long as it gets done at all, I shall be grateful ^^.

No, actually, I'm already thankful for being introduced to this dorama in the first place.

dsnowv

Post by dsnowv » May 7th, '05, 18:37

For those who are looking for 'The Rose' in Clubbox, I'm happy to announce that kukuri has uploaded a few episodes (1 to 7 are there already) and the others will be uploaded later (the same episodes that are available here though).

This might be convenient since there are are little seeder nowadays for this drama.

Thank you kukuri! :D

http://clubbox.co.kr/aiba
:lol

Asian_girl

Post by Asian_girl » May 12th, '05, 19:04

dsnowv wrote:For those who are looking for 'The Rose' in Clubbox, I'm happy to announce that kukuri has uploaded a few episodes (1 to 7 are there already) and the others will be uploaded later (the same episodes that are available here though).

This might be convenient since there are are little seeder nowadays for this drama.

this is in korean :-( . are the eps. also in torrentfil or directdownload. i don't understand korean. and like to see this episode. :P

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » May 12th, '05, 19:22

Asian_girl wrote:
dsnowv wrote:For those who are looking for 'The Rose' in Clubbox, I'm happy to announce that kukuri has uploaded a few episodes (1 to 7 are there already) and the others will be uploaded later (the same episodes that are available here though).

this is in korean :-( . are the eps. also in torrentfil or directdownload. i don't understand korean. and like to see this episode. :P
Please refer to The Official Clubbox Thread, it has a detailed tutorial in there on how to download from clubbox. And clubbox is direct download. :-)

Asian_girl

Post by Asian_girl » May 12th, '05, 19:32

are there site where you can direct download frm 'the rose'. it may chinese spoken.

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » May 13th, '05, 20:20

Asian_girl wrote:are there site where you can direct download frm 'the rose'. it may chinese spoken.
Use clubbox. Also, only because clubbox is korean doesn't mean everything uploaded on it is also Korean.

lilac_star

Post by lilac_star » Jul 1st, '05, 00:07

does anyone have another link where i can download the rose because kukuri clubbox doesn't have it no more :cry: really wanna watch it

sour_pickles

Post by sour_pickles » Jul 5th, '05, 03:36

found a link for the complete series, in rmvb format, but without eng subs.

http://search3.btchina.net/btsearch.php ... %D9&type=0

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jul 5th, '05, 13:55

sour_pickles wrote:found a link for the complete series, in rmvb format, but without eng subs.

http://search3.btchina.net/btsearch.php ... %D9&type=0
Thanks! For some reason i feel the need to collect them all even though I can't understand them. :lol

insanekyo

Post by insanekyo » Jul 5th, '05, 17:28

Thanks for sharing the link.

Such a great series...too bad cloud drop the series.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jul 6th, '05, 15:14

insanekyo wrote:Thanks for sharing the link.

Such a great series...too bad cloud drop the series.
Yeah, it is. Hopefully someone will decide to pick it up.