[CDrama] Let's Go Watch Meteor Shower (2009)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
angel_no.520

[CDrama] Let's Go Watch Meteor Shower (2009)

Post by angel_no.520 » Jan 19th, '09, 11:55

What's it I'm hearing on the net about Mainland also thinking about making a TV-drama based on Hana Yori Dango?

I know that the story is a big hit. Got the highest rating at that time in Taiwan, 2 dramas and 1 movie in Japan and the rating is going up quickly in Korea. But I'm quite sceptical about this version...

Most of the youth dramas that I have seen from Mainland China (I don't think that they produce that much youth dramas in Mainland) is either good in the beginning but later gets boring or just uninteresting.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Jan 29th, '09, 05:20

I've heard about this as well. It seems like every nation wants to do their own Boys Before Flowers, doesn't it?

I honestly cannot recall a single "youth" drama from Mainland China. Usually when I think of them, I think more historical, wuxia, hardcore melodrama type things. Plus, I honestly cannot think of any late teens/early 20s actors. But, I don't really watch many Mainland dramas.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jan 29th, '09, 06:14

The story of Meteor Garden isn't really all that fluffy and teen drama-ish. Japan really just played off the fact that it's a manga to make it more light-hearted. When you actually look at the subject matter involved (rape, violence, dominance... a little S&M... )... It's really geared towards a serious drama with a few moments of WTF? manga surrealism.

Not that mainland China doesn't have oodles of idols to stuff into any role they want.

Anyway... I've heard rumors about Top Combine members and various Superboys being cast in this. Casting has still not been confirmed yet though.

You'll probably find this interesting. It's rumors and leakage for the possible cast.
http://cfensi.wordpress.com/2008/12/11/ ... rden-cast/

Arashiness

Post by Arashiness » Feb 12th, '09, 13:21

eh O_O
a mainland version of hyd? <3 that would be great :DDD i really love mainland drama XD sometimes even more then TW-dramas ^^
or its just because im watching mainland dramas since i was little xD

the link puppet princess postet is really intresting ^__^ i hope to see a mainland version <3 (okay i still have to watch meteor gardn .. XD)

angel_no.520

Post by angel_no.520 » Aug 10th, '09, 12:24

Any how...

The drama is currently airing in China right now.

I have never seen the main casts before, but I recognized one face
Jerry Huang, he is playing one of the main casts big brother

wrongwaves

Post by wrongwaves » Aug 11th, '09, 18:17

This is de wiki link http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Liu_Xing_Yu

The beginning is funny, they're really going fast. It started on August 8, and now they're on episode 7, it's been aired daily.

If you want you can watch it here subtitled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvfUGC3qO8g

by the way, the torrents are going really slow.

再见

clarissann

Post by clarissann » Aug 13th, '09, 23:35

wrongwaves wrote:This is de wiki link http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Liu_Xing_Yu

The beginning is funny, they're really going fast. It started on August 8, and now they're on episode 7, it's been aired daily.

If you want you can watch it here subtitled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvfUGC3qO8g

by the way, the torrents are going really slow.

再见
xie xie ni for the link! i'm gonna have to see this. haha. i love the taiwan version. hope this is as good...

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 25th, '09, 11:24

I am actually really enjoying this drama, I like how the story is different to others, although there are similarities, all the characters are cool, the girl doesn't annoy me as much lol

clarissann

Post by clarissann » Aug 25th, '09, 11:58

this version is awesome! i'm hooked!

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Sep 6th, '09, 05:52

Have finally finished watching this whole drama, here are my thoughts ..
I actually really enjoyed this drama, I like how the story although it may have been similar in some aspects, it wasn't overall. Did that make sense? lol
Anyway I highly recommend others watch this drama, all the main leads are actually all quite lovable. At least every character has their own story. The thing I really loved most about this drama was the fact that the main leads actually expressed their feelings for each other, whereas in the others it always seemed one-sided where the guy was the ones always expressing their feelings whilst the girl just kept it all inside. This drama has much more memories/love/fun/happy moments than the previous other versions. In fact I wouldn't classify this as the same as the others, because the story wasn't really the same.
The only thing that I wasn't too happy about was the ending, although it was happy I wished for more :-( I hear there will be another season though, which will be good. Although is it the true the main girl will not come back? If you know let me know :-)
Anyway overall, was quite addicted to this drama, really loved it :mrgreen: :wub:

shosef

Post by shosef » Sep 14th, '09, 09:12

does anybody know where can i dl the complete subs of meteor shower?...preferably soft subs..it's ok if there's none cuz i know there's someone subbing it here in DA but i guess she's busy cuz school has already started....i'm looking cuz i wanted to pig out this friday cuz that's the only free time i have...hahaha...tnx in advance...

shosef

Post by shosef » Oct 23rd, '09, 08:10

so guys for those who finished the drama...what are your thoughts?..is it good or disappointing?...heard there's a 2nd season...

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jan 6th, '10, 11:14

shosef wrote:so guys for those who finished the drama...what are your thoughts?..is it good or disappointing?...heard there's a 2nd season...
I quite enjoyed the drama!! I like the relationship between the two leads a bit better than say the other remakes done. Like at least the girl gives some emotions back rather than just the guy saying all his feelings.

On another note, is anyone going to continue subbing the series? Pretty Please I hope someone picks it up :cry: :cry: :cry:

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jan 10th, '10, 16:48

I eventually caved in and watched in online.
I actually wanted there to be more "happy" time, when they aren't massively misunderstanding each other. It seemed like 99% fighting and misunderstanding, and 1% happiness. This version showed (or completely omitted) some interesting things, which are a fascinating reflection on Chinese society and culture.

The flippin uncle was ridiculously stupid, like they put the stupidity of her family into him and then multiplied it exponentially. I did skip a fair bit, often if he was on screen.

And the Evil Mother, oh dear, at times she seemed nearly human, but mostly was crazy as. The dad was much more sensible, though at times he let her run amuck.

Hello next season.

whitters

Post by whitters » Jan 12th, '10, 09:59

I just finished watching it. I LOVED it :)
I read alot of reviews though, saying that it was crappy ...

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jan 13th, '10, 09:57

aimlesswanderer wrote:I eventually caved in and watched in online.
I actually wanted there to be more "happy" time, when they aren't massively misunderstanding each other. It seemed like 99% fighting and misunderstanding, and 1% happiness. This version showed (or completely omitted) some interesting things, which are a fascinating reflection on Chinese society and culture.

The flippin uncle was ridiculously stupid, like they put the stupidity of her family into him and then multiplied it exponentially. I did skip a fair bit, often if he was on screen.

And the Evil Mother, oh dear, at times she seemed nearly human, but mostly was crazy as. The dad was much more sensible, though at times he let her run amuck.

Hello next season.
I agree with the dad comment!! He was soo annoying I skipped over him too haha. I wonder what they will decide on for second season, and yes I need more happy chappy moments haha

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jan 16th, '10, 11:23

I really hope that they either make the Uncle character at least a little sensible, or he "goes overseas" for the entire next season. Damn, that would be nice. I'd need to skip much less in that case.

Yep, more happy moments, to little pay off for my liking.

Also, it would be nice to hear the cast's actual voices, as apparently they were dubbed over! That is very weird.

shosef

Post by shosef » Mar 1st, '10, 20:47

well...as much i as want to watch this series since there's no sub for ep. 7, i have to restrain myself...but i have seen the pics for the 2nd season and they all look so cute...especially the girl....love her dress....

whitters

Post by whitters » Mar 2nd, '10, 07:43

does anyone know when season 2 comes out?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 3rd, '10, 04:36

Not sure if an actual date is set but it's filming now.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 13th, '10, 06:53

I'm so excited for the next season, I hope it's good :D
Does anyone know if they are continuing to release the eng sub srt files for season 1?

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 14th, '10, 04:12

So , I tried watching this online , this is become incredibly aggravating actually lol. I have never watched a streaming show before , I am a little sad it seems like TW dramas don't warrant torrents or anything , I can't get the megaupload links to download the whole episode for some reason either.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining , but if anyone can give me a site where watching it can actually be enjoyable , I'd love you forever.

Renai FanSubs

Post by Renai FanSubs » Aug 4th, '11, 10:56

Renai fansubs is announcing we are hard subbing this drama :) yay for there finally being subs! :p

shosef

Post by shosef » Aug 13th, '11, 07:07

thank you so much for subbing the drama....i really want to watch it....thanks again..

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Aug 17th, '11, 01:59

Renai FanSubs wrote:Renai fansubs is announcing we are hard subbing this drama :) yay for there finally being subs! :p
Are you guys doing both seasons? I'm curious, as I have both seasons In decent quality, but no subs, and I'm dying to see what happens in season 2.

Renai FanSubs

Post by Renai FanSubs » Aug 17th, '11, 20:46

We'll see how the first season goes before committing to the second. If the interest is there we will :)
Also, we anticipate that the first episode (episode 7) will be out the beginning of September :)