[Twdrama] Honey and Clover/ Feng Mi Xing Yun Cao

Discuss chinese drama series here.
nikkibell84

[Twdrama] Honey and Clover/ Feng Mi Xing Yun Cao

Post by nikkibell84 » Jan 31st, '09, 21:24

Honey and Clover was a fourteen episode adaption of the manga. It aired from May until August of 2008 and followed the friendships, romance, and struggles of a group of five art students. The show focused mainly on the friendships between the characters, the romances and love triangles within the group, and the thin line between being in love with someone and simply loving somone.

The two main plots:

Two Love Triangles In One:

The 5th year architecture student Zhen Shan (Joe Cheng), who is gentle and soft on the inside holds a torch for Li Hua (Su Hui Lun), a lady boss of an architectural firm. At the same time, he becomes aware that his best friend, Ya Gong (Janine Chang) is also having a single-sided adoration for him…

Until the elegant and smart suitor, Ye Feng (Chen Yu Fan) appears, Ya Gong then realizes that she and Zhen Shan are the same. Both unable to respond to the affection given by other’s while being caught in the first love of their life…

One Pure Love Triangle:

A simple and honest person, architecture student Zhu Ben (Li Guo Yi), falls in love at first sight with the niece of Teacher Xiu Shi (Zhang Han), Xiao Yu (Yi Teng Qian Huang) who is a Fine Arts freshman. Zhu Ben’s 7th year senior, Chang Lin Tian (Peng Hu Yan) also falls for Xiao Yu at the same time. With regard to love, being young and ignorant, both have different attitudes and correspondence. But both have an unbeatable sincerity. In a friendship as sweet as honey, there are also many sour and puckery sides to the aporia of a one-sided love.

It Starred:

Joe Cheng as Den Zhen Shan - Mayama Takumi
Janine Chang as He Ya Gong - Yamada Ayumi
Eddie Peng as Ren Sen Tian - Morita Shinobu
Lego Li as An Zhu Ben - Takemoto Yuta
Ito Chiaki as Hua Ben Yu - Hanamoto Hagumi
Tarcy Su as Fang Li Hua - Harada Rika
Zhang Han as Hua Xiu Si - Hanamoto Shuji
David Chen as Tang Ye Feng - Nomiya Takumi
Tai Bao as Professor Dan Xia

Average Rating: 0.72 (It was sadly up against the ratings winner Fated to Love You)

I looked through the list in the sticky post and did not see this drama. I'm a bit surprised that no one ever made a thread for it. To be honest, I watched it RAW (subs are not yet out) and found it to be the closest to the manga in terms of character, tone, and overall storylines. Did anyone else watch and enjoy the show?

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Mar 21st, '09, 01:54

I wanted to see this But it did not get upped on d-addicts. :-( I wish we got more of the TW-dramas.
I'm hoping we will get Starlit :pray:

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 21st, '09, 02:27

I agree - there aren't enough Tw series upload. :( I think Starlit is being subbed, so we should get it. I found direct download links of Honey and Clover, which is how I watched it.

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Mar 21st, '09, 03:00

I hope you'er right about Starlit :cheers: Could you pm me the DDL links for H&C? If not, it's ok :D Later

XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX

Post by XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX » Mar 21st, '09, 04:15

If you want Starlit Subs go here: http://starlitsubs.blogspot.com/
Also BillaSub is officaly dropped Starlit Because someone else is.

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Mar 21st, '09, 12:46

thank you "XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX" much LOve