Series suitable for teenagers (14 years old)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
blabla1

Series suitable for teenagers (14 years old)

Post by blabla1 » Jan 9th, '11, 09:19

hi,

I'm looking for a Mandarin Chinese series that is suitable for 14 year old girls. Any suggestions?

Blabla1

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jan 9th, '11, 11:25

lolz...might be cliche, but Meteor Garden. It's a pretty good love story and I know girls swoon over those.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Meteor_Garden

You can find it at silentregrets with direct download.

Although, my personal preference is the classic wuxia series. Stuff written by Jin Yong and Gu Long. I think everyone should watch the Condor Heroes trilogy...sometimes I wish I could go back and re-experience those series for the first time.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jan 9th, '11, 17:15

Any Taiwanese romcom. Taiwanese shows are generally mellow and pure. Especially if it's an idol romcom. They are sort of made for girls about that age. I almost wouldn't even call them PG-13. I'd probably go for some with actors you think they think are cute. The point of shows like that is the cute actors not the plot.

Young girls love Devil Beside You. Okay, they love Mike He. Though it is a slightly more mature one. More kissing than usual and characters do eventually have sex. You just don't get to see any of that.

Smiling Pasta is really cute. So are Nick and Cyndi. It's extremely wholesome, just don't watch the next episode previews. They sort of ruin the anticipation.

My Lucky Star is an awesome idol drama with a good plot and great cast.

I Want To Become A Hard Persimmon also falls into the mildly more mature situations category. Lots of teenagers kissing.

Ying Ye 3+1... even if the plot falls to hell after ep 9. Everything before that is awesomeness.

Down with Love is also a lot of fun. The cast and characters are "older" than your typical idol drama these days but they are all are idol drama vets so they know how to do it right.

Romantic Princess, Miss No Good, and Pi Li MIT were also popular, probably for casting more than anything else. Pi Li MIT is not exactly a romcom though. It's a mystery/thriller show and is a little darker and creepier than everything else mentioned.

blabla1

Post by blabla1 » Jan 11th, '11, 18:56

Thank you so much Puppet Princes for all the suggestions.

Thanks Vancoland for the link and the suggestion.

You made someone very happy (once I finish downloading).

zhiting13

Post by zhiting13 » Jan 26th, '11, 21:17

OOHHHH~
I'm a teenager too lol
I recommend...

~My Lucky Star (I totally recommend this. I love it as much as I love....spicy chinese food ^^ OKAY no I mean it. No joke.)

~Down With Love (It's kinda good, kinda not. Maybe it drags a bit, but the beginning is worth watching.)

~Hana Kimi (I like the japanese version better because it gave me more emotions and made me cry 20 minutes straight during the graduation where they had to leave but the taiwanese made me support Ella Chen and Wu Chun's relationship. It was extremely interesting to see how the taiwanese was much more different than the japanese. Both were entertaining but I thought japanese was the better one overall.)

~Summer's Desire [I guess it's a BIT overrated, i mean they eventually have sx but it's just the guy's shirt off and they barely show the girl..then it's the next morning lol]

~Wei Xiao Pasta [smiling pasta] This is the kind of cute naive cheerful girl who is sometimes really annoying kind of thing. They both deny their feelings until the very end where they make the girl look miserable =P I guess this was okay. I preferably like the scenes in the rain better where the guy makes the move cuz he doesn't want to lose her and not the girl begging for a confession...

~Sweet Relationship [This is cute, and I really love it;starring Vic Zhou and Patty Hou]

~Love Buffet [It's currently airing with at least 7 episodes right now; 2 new eps a week] it's a cute girl stuck between two boys who are cousins. they live right upstairs in their apartment so its kinda hard between all of them.

~Summer x Summer [It's the cute kind of thing; naive cute girl, and unsocial guy and they get together; i happen to really love her bag but i can't find out what brand it is lol]

~Calling for Big Star [Hu Jiao Da Ming Xing] (I loved this. It made me cry, made me angry, made me depressed, made me anxious, and made me happy =] Of course, it's Charlene Choi and Mike He and it's Charlene's first Idol Drama since she's cantonese BUT IT WAS GOOD)

~It Started With a Kiss (Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng; I personally LOVE THE KOREAN DRAMA SO MUCH BETTER but this is okay...)

~It Started With a Kiss 2 (I STILL LOVE THE KOREAN DRAMA BETTER =])

OTHER ASIAN DRAMAS THAT ARE NOT TAIWANESE THAT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND :argue: :
~Playful Kiss Korean Drama (Based off of itazura na kiss manga; later the taiwanese version It started with a kiss came out) [THIS IS SO HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IT GOES OFF MY SCALE.]

~Creating Destiny Korean Drama [Its interesting to see a korean drama where the actresses can also speak english in some circumstances! its a cute kinda weird start of relationship. enemies to lovers.]

~Personal Taste Korean Drama [some mature content, not much]

~DREAM HIGH KOREAN DRAMA [THIS IS REALLY GOOD; ITS CURRENTLY STILL AIRING AND THERE ARE 6 EPISODES ONLINE WITH ENG SUBS. EPISODE 7 IS COMNG OUT. THIS IS OUTSTANDING. the first and second episode may be a bit boring, but every story needs an introduction right? so don't skip it lol, the talents of singing and dancing in this drama is amazing. not to mention the love story embedded is great too.] Dream High is about these teenagers with different backgrounds and history all joining Kirin Arts High School with different reasons. Kirin Arts High School has graduated 49 students who became superstars upon graduating. This is their motivation. APparently, these students want to be stars too. They work hard, with many obstacles of competition. Along the crossroads of these talents, love finds it's way in between. I love the stubborness in this drama turning into love while the innocent turns hateable.

--Need more recommendations, ask me =] :cheers: http://zhitingpov.livejournal.com/

blabla1

Post by blabla1 » Feb 9th, '11, 19:57

wow,

Thanks zhiting13! You really put a lot of work in replying to my post. You made someone very happy.

byebye

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 24th, '11, 03:22

Yeah i agree on Dream High being suitable for children even though my 13yo niece found it too childish.