[CDrama] Live With In-Laws (CCTV 2009)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
chuegl

[CDrama] Live With In-Laws (CCTV 2009)

Post by chuegl » Feb 20th, '11, 17:05

Hi all. I am looking for the China Central Television (Focus on China) 2009 TV drama - Live With In-laws. It was shown here in the Caribbean last year but I missed several episodes. And now, not for anything can I find it available for download anywhere.
Can someone tell me if they heard about that drama and saw it on a video download site anywhere. The show is about a young man and his new bride who, of course, live with his parents - Jianhua & Siping Ou - and his paternal grandmother. The young man's name is Daliang; his wife: Xiaorui (Wu Rui); his former girl friend, He Ning and her young son, Duoduo (suspected at first to be Daliang's child); his sister Xiao.
The drama ran about 20 eps and at the end Xiaorui was pregnant, much to the delight of her mother-in-law and her grandmother-in-law. Sounds familiar?
I have uploaded a couple images and a thumbnail pack from my PC recording of 1 ep.
Would very much appreciate notification of any sightings. Thank you.
Attachments
Live With In-Laws - Title snap 01.jpg
Live With In-Laws - Title snap 01.jpg (36.67 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
Live With In-Laws - Title snap 02.jpg
Live With In-Laws - Title snap 02.jpg (39.57 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
Live With In-Laws - Thumbnails 01.jpg
Live With In-Laws - Thumbnails 01.jpg (146.38 KiB) Viewed 2523 times

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Dec 5th, '11, 00:22

No-one else ever heard about or saw this drama ???

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 6th, '12, 04:06

streaming ok? I'm pretty sure it's on pptv or one of those sites

javamu

Post by javamu » Jan 6th, '12, 06:13

yes in cctv

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Jan 6th, '12, 10:28

Thanks auroragb and javamu
Any help will do. So yes, if you spot that show on a streaming site somewhere please tell me where. I have searched every possible online drama site but nothing - yet it was shown here just a couple years ago.

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Jan 6th, '12, 10:30

I just thought that maybe someone can give me the romanisation of the title, as shown in the thumbnails above? And/or the English translation of the romanisation? All that additional info may help me locate the drama online.
Begging for any info, please.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 10th, '12, 19:34

chuegl

Live With In-Laws - Finally a breakthrough - 麻&am

Post by chuegl » Jan 11th, '12, 01:28

O M G THANK YOU, auroragb - Finally some light ...

Well I got info on the page you sent me to and now I am able to search in a useful way. The original title of the 2006 drama seems to be 麻辣婆媳 And apart from "Live With In-Laws" which was the English title when the drama was shown here, it is also known as "Ma La Po Xi" and "Spicy Mother-in-Law and Daughter-in-Law".

I got a d-addicts description - http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ma_La_Po_Xi - but there is no sign of drama episodes on this site.

I was able to access a number of sites where I could download the 20 episodes, but I cannot find English subtitles anywhere. And there has to be English subtitles bacause when the drama was shown here, all 20 eps had English subtitles. I have seen a few sites which have quite a bit of info, in Chinese - which I cannot read - and I suspect that the info may include links to English subtitles. Sites like >>
http://big5.cctv.com/gate/big5/space.di ... t/malapoxi
http://so.tudou.com/nisearch/%E9%BA%BB% ... %E5%AA%B3/
http://www.tudou.com/playlist/id668380.html
Are there are any links on these pages to English subtitles?

I have uploaded a poster from the DVD now. Will someone who can read Chinese please tell me what the several phrases in that advert say? And tell me too, what is the meaning or romanisation (sounding out of the characters) of "麻辣婆媳" ?
Thank you again, auroragb.
Attachments
Ma La Po Xi / Spicy Mother-in-Law and Daughter-in-Law / Live With In-Laws
Ma La Po Xi / Spicy Mother-in-Law and Daughter-in-Law / Live With In-Laws
Live With In-Laws 645921 麻辣婆媳.jpg (139.97 KiB) Viewed 2452 times

Hammie

Post by Hammie » Jan 11th, '12, 02:23

Those three links made no mention of english subtitles, only their unsubtitled RAWs.
If it may help you, the chinese word for "english subs" is "英幕" (unabbreviated forms: 英字幕, 英语字幕).

The one at the top is saying roughly,

[When] mother-in-law and daughter-in-law "fight", [will make you] laugh uncontrollably, [their] weird antics borders on insanity!

The one at the bottom is saying roughly,

The daughter-in-law is like a yunluo (small set of drum with many faces), [one of the face] is talking behind the mother-in-law's back. The mother-in-law is like a skin drum (a medium/big drum with two faces), [one of the face] is talking behind the daughter-in-law's back.

麻辣婆媳 = ma la po xi. "Spicy Mother-in-Law and Daughter-in-Law" is correct.

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Jan 11th, '12, 02:40

Yes, Hammie, that is exactly the type of info I need. Now it would be much easier for me to search for subs. There are so many sites with RAWs for the show - and I could not find anything before. It should be just a matter of time before I get the subtitled version - I hope ! Thanks, Hammie.