Total votes: 13

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

[Discussion] Eloquent Ji Xiao Lan

Post by Calcifer » Nov 29th, '04, 19:51

vis

Post by vis » Sep 24th, '05, 22:21

It's great series indeed! I wish someone would fansub it but I guess that's too much to ask for... must be really difficult to translate~~ all those poems etc. Ugh, at times like this I really wish my chinese was better! I dun get any of the political stuff they are talking.... >_____<

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Sep 24th, '05, 23:28

It is a really fun series. Gotta be the best political-ish yet funny one I've seen. Not that serious as compared to some, but there're some wonderful debates. Yeah...it would be hard to fansub. All those puns and jokes would totally lose their drive.

Who's your favorite character? I like Ji Xiao Lan, then He Shen, I gotta say. Without one or the other, nothing interesting anymore. Have you seen 2 or 3?

vis

Post by vis » Jan 11th, '06, 00:48

Heheeh I like Ji Xiao Lan best and then He Shen as well XD I've only watched season 2. I bet season 1 is as great or even better so I'll try to get my hands on that sometime. We have season 3 as well but my mom thought it sucked... ^^;;;;;

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 11th, '06, 03:55

Haven't watched season 3 just yet. So it's not as good as the 2nd? I'd say 1 and 2 are comparable to each other in goodness. I didn't like the last story in 1 as much as the rest of it, but it's still great overall. They introduce a lot of pretty actresses in series like this. That hua-hua Emperor.

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Jul 17th, '06, 09:39

Wow, a Ji Xiao Lan thread?? I thought nobody would've seen this...
Ji Xiao Lan is my favourite Chinese drama of all time! I could watch it over and over again. What I love most about this drama is the clever way it's written, it never gets boring and just the intelligence of this drama is a breath of fresh air compared to brainless twdramas.

_iris
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by _iris » Jan 6th, '07, 13:14

sadotsu wrote:Wow, a Ji Xiao Lan thread?? I thought nobody would've seen this...
Ji Xiao Lan is my favourite Chinese drama of all time! I could watch it over and over again. What I love most about this drama is the clever way it's written, it never gets boring and just the intelligence of this drama is a breath of fresh air compared to brainless twdramas.
Word, word, and word. There are some extremely funny moments, sometimes even just the physical humour between the two adversaries has me LOL-ing.

If the series were shorter, or perhaps there was a way to get around the poems and the huge difficulty of the whole .. process of subbing traditional dramas. I'd definitely think about subbing it.

jess22

Post by jess22 » Jan 19th, '10, 21:06

This is an old thread but I hope there are others who have watched this:

I'm just starting the 2nd season and I'm wondering if they're going to talk about what happened between Du Xiao Yue and her fiance in the 1st season?

Because at the end of the 1st season it seemed like they were getting ready to get married, but now they don't even mention him and it seems like she still has a crush on Ji Xiao Lan.

Edit: I'm not sure if I missed it but I searched some Chinese forums and ...
they say he died :(

Riea

Post by Riea » Jan 23rd, '10, 16:04

jess22 wrote:This is an old thread but I hope there are others who have watched this:

I'm just starting the 2nd season and I'm wondering if they're going to talk about what happened between Du Xiao Yue and her fiance in the 1st season?

Because at the end of the 1st season it seemed like they were getting ready to get married, but now they don't even mention him and it seems like she still has a crush on Ji Xiao Lan.

Edit: I'm not sure if I missed it but I searched some Chinese forums and ...
they say he died :(
Don't recall what happened between 1 and 2.. but...
She isn't in 3 and she's married in 4.. though her husband dies early on (had like 1 scene total... not even.. since you just see his corpse.) which is why she's back in 4.

_iris
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by _iris » Feb 17th, '10, 10:12

The only period drama I've consistently watched. I would love love love to sub this just so it gives me an excuse to improve my Chinese much more and get to watch it :P

Also I freaking love their winter outfits in season 4.