Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Work related trip to Chiba and Tokyo

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
kirtil
Turkey

Work related trip to Chiba and Tokyo

Post by kirtil » Mar 5th, '08, 12:42

Hey everyone.

My company is sending me to Japan for a week. I will be staying in Chiba for 6 days and the last day I will be in Tokyo. Because of work I won't have time to do anything during the day-time in Chiba but because this might be my only chance to see Japan for a while I wanted to ask you how to spend my time there for maximum Japan experience.

I read that most of the places (except big shopping malls and clubs etc) will be closed when I get off work (possibly 6pm-7pm japan time); is that true? Can you guys suggest anything for me? I'm afraid clubbing etc is out of the question (maybe except last night in Chiba) as I need to get up early the next day. I like Japanese/Chinese cuisine so I'd appreciate if you can suggest food to look for (after watching lunch queen I can't wait to checkout omurice haha) and also restaurants to eat if you know any good ones (both in Chiba and Tokyo).

How much would an average/regular meal for 2 cost there? Also, what is the maximum limit I should expect to pay when I go to a good restaurant?

The company that handles my travel and lodgings said that they will take us on a city tour in Tokyo but if you give me better suggestions I can ditch that and go on my own to explore.

I'd love to see Akihabara and a genuine maid cafe etc but I read that they are mostly a tourist attraction now and it won't be much as fun if all I see are tourists like me when I go there (yea yea talk about hypocrisy... but in my defense Densha Otoko was one of my first series and since then I am fascinated by otaku related stuff and I read that otakus are kind of sick of the attention they receive in Akihabara and started to leave the area) ...and I don't know where to start.

I hope you can help me make my short Japan trip an unforgettable one.

Thanks in advance.

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Mar 5th, '08, 12:55

Lucky you.

If it were me, first thing on my list would be to hit clubs and check out the ladies. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: