I need some help about London trip!

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
tanpopo1982

I need some help about London trip!

Post by tanpopo1982 » Mar 18th, '09, 03:22

HI, my name is yamazaki, i plan to visit LONDON, ENGLAND on DECEMBER 2009, but i have never been there b4, and i dont have any friend over there either, if anybody has been to LONDON, could you tell me is there any hotel closer to the TOWER OF LONDON, and LONDON BRIDGE .thx a lot!!! :-) [/list]

michca

Post by michca » Mar 18th, '09, 03:30

Ummm, that actually isn't a good part of London and you are far from all the fun stuff. Your best bet would be to get a hotel around the Marble Arch area and then just catch the underground to the Tower and Tower Bridge (mistakenly thought to be the London bridge. ^_^). If you stay in this area you will also be closer to all the fun stuff like Soho, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Russell Square, etc where all the theaters, museums and galleries are (plus great shopping). It is also close to all the good undergound stations and you can buy a day ticket and go everywhere like Kensington, Notting Hill, Knightsbridge (where Harrod's is), etc. Have fun!! :)

tanpopo1982

Post by tanpopo1982 » Mar 19th, '09, 03:15

thank you micha, that info is help me a lot.

syzzlyn

Post by syzzlyn » Mar 24th, '09, 04:27

It's easy to get around in London. When I was there, I travelled by the underground mainly. It took me to most of the places, and once I was staying around the budget accommodation around the Earl's Court area.

It's also worthwhile to take the red double-decker bus and travel around for the entire day! You get to see alot of stuff..

Razor.

Post by Razor. » May 7th, '09, 20:04

yup!
double-deckers are cheap and very useful :D

Celestial_Maiden

Post by Celestial_Maiden » May 7th, '09, 21:57

You can also find many reasonable priced hotels around Victoria station. That's where I always stay when I visit. Many convenient buses around too :)

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » May 7th, '09, 22:20

I stayed in the Smart Russell Hostel, which is really convenient area (near the British museum, and in the middle of zone 1, so you'd only need to buy the tube--aka subway--ticket for zone 1). It was really cheap because I booked early, but beware that it's messy and it's quite noisy at night if you choose to stay in a room with other people (which is the super cheap beds). Oh and breakfast is only toast with butter and jam or corn flakes (not frosted). But they do have free wifi and pay-per-fifteen-minute computer access there.

Bibliofil

Post by Bibliofil » May 7th, '09, 22:40

On the note of travelling in London:

Buy an oyster card (in the tube station) "Top-up as you go". The card is £3 and then you top it up with as much as you want/need. If you use this instead of the day passes you usually get away cheeper (depending on how much you plan on travelling each day). Especially since you can walk and/or take the bus to a lot of plases. The busses are great!!