If you are interested in Japanese culture, ask me anything.

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
stevenshaw

If you are interested in Japanese culture, ask me anything.

Post by stevenshaw » Apr 11th, '19, 11:45

What does the general public in Japan think about the atrocities committed by Japan in China? Manchuria, Nanjing and the rest. What is the education on that subject like? How old are you? I assume millennials would have a different idea if what happened compared to your parents or grandparents.

jjspot

Re: If you are interested in Japanese culture, ask me anything.

Post by jjspot » May 7th, '19, 13:56

There was a Knight Scoop episode where a father asked the detectives to help him give a hug to his 17 yo daughter. From what I gathered in the episode, that's something very common in the Japanese father-daughter relationship (not hugging). Why is it so hard for Japanese father to hug their teenage daughters ? Does that just apply to their daughters or is it also the case for sons ?

Thanks !

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 10th, '20, 10:38

Uracyrin wrote: Apr 10th, '20, 09:15 I am interested in the culture of upbringing and education in Japan. Can you please tell us more about it?
For education, there are many YouTube channels about living / teaching in Japan.

vajik_blair

Post by vajik_blair » Oct 20th, '20, 16:51

hi, im recently have a deep craving interest in one aspect of japan digital lifestyle - Japanese pod casters .topics can be anything ! is there a web site like spotify or sound cloud devoted to Japanese podcasts ?

stud1al
Australia

Post by stud1al » Jun 1st, '22, 00:28

I understand Sakura season is a big thing in japan. Is that because the trees only blossom for about a week?