Malice Mizer

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.

Do u like Malice Mizer?

yes
84%
no
16%

Total votes: 38

DKaneko

Malice Mizer

Post by DKaneko » Jun 13th, '05, 18:33

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to share my obsession with the Japanese gothic band Malice Mizer!
I just found them amazingly amazing at the moment and is wondering whether I can still buy their stuff anywhere... coz seeing they disbanded in 2001... *cries*

I want their photobook!!! grrrr!!!

.... i wonder whether there r anybody here who like them too..

another thing, when i was researching about them on the internet I am a bit confused.. coz they hav a DVD of 49 minutes? I dunno whether it is a performance or just 49 minutes of songs.. mmm *wonders* It'll be amazing if it is some kind of performance!!

Mana is sooo pretty!!

DKaneko

8-)

Post by DKaneko » Jun 16th, '05, 21:14

mmm I just researched for Malice Mizer's movies, and really want to watch one called Bara no Konrei. Apparently this movie is a good one...

mmm may go and find torrent files.. probably nobody has it..
*sigh*

DKaneko

ooo

Post by DKaneko » Jun 23rd, '05, 20:06

oo i saw the bara no konrei now..
it is really like Brom Stokes' Dracula...
but the ending is strange and probably u wont understand it if u havnt seen Brom Stokes'..

but overall it was a good movie to see Malice Mizer..

DKaneko

Gackt Piano score

Post by DKaneko » Aug 9th, '05, 17:59

Does anybody hav the piano score composed by Gackt called 'Regret'?
If you do please leave me a message or send me it by email..

please please please please please...
i've been searching for Malice Mizer bandscores... and piano scores........
I've even went to Hong Kong to search for them but no luck...

*cries*

so please.. may i hav a copy if u hav it... thank u......

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 9th, '05, 18:01

I like them, not a fav band, but they are good

Moi dix mois european tour DVD was pretty cool ^^

DKaneko

Post by DKaneko » Aug 18th, '05, 20:30

awww to post above... people dont ignore u really...
anyway..

i wasnt sure about moi dix mois bcoz i havnt heard of Mana's new music.. especially from moi dix mois... i couldnt get hold of them easily...
which band is ur favourite band?

Rusef

Post by Rusef » Aug 18th, '05, 20:48

moi dix mois is quite good, if you like visual kei. of course its not as good as mana's previous band malice mizer but still good.

i was at the mdm concert in munich btw :D

wachi

Post by wachi » Aug 18th, '05, 21:23

I love their music... creepy & haunting sounds. I love Mana. I thought he makes a good purdy lady.

Rusef

Post by Rusef » Aug 18th, '05, 21:44

and he's a money addicted whore :/

for the autograph we needed to buy his photobook for ~45 euro.
and the DVD is expensive too... :\

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Aug 18th, '05, 23:30

I am a bit of a fan of Mana's style... The illusion he creates with music and clothing, and his fashion line... :w00t: I LOVE IT! But in terms of his music, I'm not as much of a fan. I do like some of Malice Mizer's songs, of course. And Moi Dix Mois... But I actually prefer Kozi's solo work, and his stuff with Haruhiko Ash in Eve of Destiny, when it comes to post-Malice Mizer stuff.

Also, Tetsu's (MM's first vocalist) new band, nil, is really good too. Maybe Tetsu's vocal style didn;t suit Malice Mizer's music, but he IS good.

Oh, and I love Gackt. Of course. ;)

I can live without Klaha... His more traditional "opera" vocals in most of MM's songs before they disbanded really turned me off... And now he does Pop. Even more pop than Gackt does sometimes. Ah well...

I wish Malice Mizer would come back... I miss them. I became a fan too late!

DKaneko

Post by DKaneko » Aug 20th, '05, 08:48

*shocked* 45 Euro!!
I found mdm's DVD in Hong Kong for less than 150 HKDollars.. which is about less than 21 Euro...............
haha!
but i didnt buy it coz i dunno whether i'll like their music.. i still havnt found any to listen yet... *wonders*

wachi> hahaha yes Mana can b a very purdy lady... he is just sooooooooooooooooo beautiful..

SusieQ> hahaha so i guess u like Lolita? I havnt found Kozi's work yet... but i think he is sooo cool.. plus most of the songs he made in Malice Mizer r good, so i guess probably i'll like his music..
comparing Gackt and Klaha, i'd say Gackt suits Malice Mizer more... his voice is nice in the songs especially the album Merveilles... great songs!
Klaha is good too i think.. not as good but still.. the song like Gardenia and Beast of Blood is good.. i think..
anyway when did u became a Malice Mizer fan?? i became their fan about 2 months ago.. i guess that is really really really late..................................................

*sigh* shamed that they disbanded..

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Aug 20th, '05, 10:35

Mmm.. I do like Gothic Lolita, but I think that the only person I;ve ever seen REALLY make it work is Mana. In terms of my personal style, its a bit too cute sometimes, for me. If I were to WEAR GothLoli, I'd probably mix and match it with other styles of clothing.

Mmm... In all honesty, I think that the BEST music Malice Mizer ever made was WITHOUT vocals. Sooo... their Bara no Seidou album. I like Gackt as a solo artist MUCH more, because I justdon;t like much of the music he made with MM. And Tetsu is also a great vocalist, but he and MM just didn;t mix at all (I now LOVE his new band, nil. The music is GREAT. Tetsu can really play guitar well, too!). Klaha... I LOVED the MUSIC they made when Klaha worked iwht them, but I think that his vocals were just WAY too dramatic and operatic. Ick. >.<

As for when I became a fan.... I'm not really a "fan" as they I didn;t hear them until well after they disbanded... I started listening to them a few months ago, I think? I like them more for their visuals and style then their music, actually. Although with Gackt, they went WAY overboard. They;re costumes for Merveilles... GAH! >.< But afterwards, with Bara no Seidou and Best of Blood... wow. So cool!

Oh, and you should totally check out some of Kozi's solo work. He has a weird singing voice... It's neither "good" or "bad" just weird and maybe a bit flat sometimes... But his musical compositions are solid. So good. Hehe.

DKaneko

Post by DKaneko » Aug 22nd, '05, 08:02

any Kozi's work u would recommend to me? like a song name...etc? coz i cant find his work anywhere... *cries*

bollywoodrani

I LOVE MALICE MIZER

Post by bollywoodrani » Sep 2nd, '05, 01:16

Yep, I LOVE MALICE MIZER!!!! and that clip of mana (ya know he's a guy right??) it's from the PV BEAST OF BLOOD, have you seen it, I have it on my PSP i love it:) :w00t: But I didn't even know they 1, disbanded 2, they hada movie XD bad fannn

DKaneko

Post by DKaneko » Sep 3rd, '05, 14:32

hehehe..
yes that pic on the 1st post is from Beast of Blood..
I hav it on my computer and the way it is made was great..
... yea they disbanded ages ago...

*cries*
u should find some clips of them in on TV interviews.. they r great to watch even if u dont understand Japanese...
well i dont.. when they speak too fast...
and also..
Mana spoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well.. only his name.. *sigh* but still it was great to hear his real voice..

-Kana-Panic*Ch

Post by -Kana-Panic*Ch » Sep 3rd, '05, 17:23

I have to reply to this post with a yes!
Malice Mizer are the band that linked me to japanese music, above all visual kei!
I love this band and was so sad to discover about their sad story. I really liked Gackt and Klaha as vocalist, and I have to say that I think that it's all Gackt's fault if the band doesn't exist anymore.
If he stayed in the group as vocalist instead of being a solist, they could have had the entire world in their hands T___T
My fav member is Yu~ki anyway ;P

DKaneko

Post by DKaneko » Sep 3rd, '05, 19:17

yay!! another person like Malice Mizer!!!
I'm still looking for the early Malice Mizer albums... coz I'm kinda a new fan for only 2 months!

I find the songs with Gackt while he was in Malice Mizer were the best..
i dont mind Klaha.. coz he is cool!! and coz i like his songs such as Gardenia and Beast of Blood...

I can never figure out which one is Yu~ki and which one is Kozi...
but i'm starting to kno how............

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Oct 2nd, '05, 01:20

i say hell yes, cuz mm is so damn good, i liked it better with klaha though :) BTW U GUYS IVE HEARD MANA SPEAK BEFORE XD XD

mieko

Re: 8-)

Post by mieko » Oct 2nd, '05, 19:56

DKaneko wrote:mmm I just researched for Malice Mizer's movies, and really want to watch one called Bara no Konrei. Apparently this movie is a good one...

mmm may go and find torrent files.. probably nobody has it..
*sigh*
I've got my MM's Bridal of Rose "Bara No Konrei" Movie DVD & Moi Dix Moi's Dix Infrenal
Concert DVD (Both japanese imports) up for auction on Ebay right now if you are interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

DKaneko

YES!!

Post by DKaneko » Oct 4th, '05, 12:17

thatx for offering mieko...
luckily I got hold of MM's bridal of rose a few months ago..
i watched it twice..
they dont speak!!
grrrr

@NiikuraKaoru
yes yes!!
i hav now heard mana speak...
it is in the hot wave or some sort of interview programs where he said his name and instrument... it was soooooooooo groovy!!!
he's just sooo cool....

i think i'll try and find him if i go to japan.. *rolling eyes*
Klaha is good... but I think I prefer the Gackt era.. no becoz of Gackt himself but it seems like the music has a higher theme/mood to them..

~Adam~

Post by ~Adam~ » Oct 5th, '05, 06:44

They are good but, I like Dir en grey better.

a-nesuto

Post by a-nesuto » Oct 6th, '05, 00:37

i like malice mizer but only the stuff with gackt...

Rhocake

Post by Rhocake » Oct 6th, '05, 01:24

I've listened to Malice Mizer way back since I can remember, not as much lately though. However, I'm still a loyal fan of Gackt. Not as much as I love Mana though.:-)

*whisper whisper*

... wait, Mana's a guy?:blink

*whisper whisper*

wait, they're all guys?! :crazy:

This is like my Hanson trauma all over again... :cry:

DKaneko

Post by DKaneko » Oct 11th, '05, 08:33

hehehehehehehehe..
at first when i didnt kno them but approach to them..
i only thought that Mana is a woman...
coz the others just look like a man...
until i found biography or interview or faq or some sort.. i realised mana is actually a man!!
hahahahahahaha
but i love him to bits though.. coz he is sooo pretty.. *shining in the eyes*

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Oct 11th, '05, 08:52

I love this band and was so sad to discover about their sad story. I really liked Gackt and Klaha as vocalist, and I have to say that I think that it's all Gackt's fault if the band doesn't exist anymore.
If he stayed in the group as vocalist instead of being a solist, they could have had the entire world in their hands T___T
It wasn't anybody's *fault*, the band just drifted apart. Gackt was only the catalyst, he wanted to make his own music. If the band really wanted to stick together, they would have after Gackt left. But Kami died and Mana sort wanted to do the same thing as Gackt, so really, it was nobody's and everybody's fault.

DKaneko

Post by DKaneko » Oct 15th, '05, 00:48

i still think it'll b betterif Malice Mizer still exist... coz..
is just...
nice to hav everyone together..
but..
nope..

*sigh*

a-nesuto

Post by a-nesuto » Oct 15th, '05, 04:50

sadotsu wrote:
It wasn't anybody's *fault*, the band just drifted apart. Gackt was only the catalyst, he wanted to make his own music. If the band really wanted to stick together, they would have after Gackt left. But Kami died and Mana sort wanted to do the same thing as Gackt, so really, it was nobody's and everybody's fault.
plz read...
http://www.fiyaa.com/gackt/info/bio3_1.php

DKaneko

Post by DKaneko » Feb 14th, '06, 00:56

anyway although gackt said that.. malice mizer together were good... The image in gackt's era was full of feelings..
Without kami.. the band doesnt seem as good... Kami was a good drummer i personally think..
*sigh*

BlueMidnightBaroque

Malice Mizer Movies

Post by BlueMidnightBaroque » Apr 3rd, '07, 03:56

I have the two movies & have converted them to as a torrent. I will see if I can post tem here:)

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Gackt Piano score

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 28th, '07, 13:18

DKaneko wrote:Does anybody hav the piano score composed by Gackt called 'Regret'?
If you do please leave me a message or send me it by email..

please please please please please...
i've been searching for Malice Mizer bandscores... and piano scores........
I've even went to Hong Kong to search for them but no luck...

*cries*

so please.. may i hav a copy if u hav it... thank u......
I've got two transcribed versions of "Regret".
Drop me a mail if you're still interested.

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Aug 1st, '07, 12:21

may-b that´s true that the band expanded cause of Mana´s narcisissm???!!! :scratch:
Attachments
but MmM is not bad!!!
but MmM is not bad!!!
mdm018.jpg (171.38 KiB) Viewed 3126 times

fly_main

Post by fly_main » Aug 1st, '07, 12:32

uhh.... this picture is really beautiful!!

but this shoes... does he really walk with them????

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 1st, '07, 13:13

it's possible.
i've seen people walk in those style shoes, but they usually take little steps like women did back in the old days in jpn.

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Aug 3rd, '07, 14:00

I LIKE MANA´S FASHION LABEL..IT LOOKS REALLY CUTE..BUT ONLY THOSE SHOES ARE A LITTLE TO OVERDONE..BUT REALLY CUTE!!

Dreamfall

Post by Dreamfall » Aug 4th, '07, 16:48

Mana looks like he really wants to be a girl and not a man...as he is!
That's why I like Gackt's style even in days with MM...he looked girlish from time to time...but not like Mana.Style of Mana is really cute but...I don't see a woman in him...I don't see a man eather... :unsure:

Style tells for itself...there is a huge amount of narcisissm...but hey...world would be weird place without Mana dressed like that :mrgreen:

I always wanted to know how Mana looks at least without make-up...I searched but found nothing :-( If he's pretty like this...imagine how good-looking he might be under that style?!